Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a pretty free match against a M!Robin and Morgan theme team~ 2nd match was easy, as well~ Kana being +10 now is already working wonders~

On 9/9/2019 at 10:36 AM, Jave said:

Hell yes! Here we go!

Also got 100 points in the next match so I managed to secure staying in T21.

4xEzrzL.png

On 9/9/2019 at 11:07 AM, Nym said:

I also somehow managed to reach Tier 21.

Congrats to you both!!

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Can someone help me to understand this player, because I am still not sure what he or she tried to do!

Guess he forgot to equip DC~

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Guess he forgot to equip DC~

He also forgot to equip Bold Fighter 3 as well?

And he also forgot to put Naga in his team, because Naga is his leading unit... Why he is not using Naga... in a Astra Season?!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

56 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

He also forgot to equip Bold Fighter 3 as well?

And he also forgot to put Naga in his team, because Naga is his leading unit... Why he is not using Naga... in a Astra Season?!

Woah, using Naga in Astra Season when you could be using Dormer in Astra Season?

This guy has the big brain plays~

Hey, we got an extra ladder use! Sweetness. I had enough Aether stones to upgrade my ladders too, so I've now got four uses total each week. This also brought me very close to being able to get my Fortress D to the max level.

I'm still running into some stupidass maps every now and then, but I'm glad one of my wishes for this mode came true sorta. I wanted more ladder uses. And one more is better than no more!

I forgot to do AR much of this week though, so I'm just now getting back into tier 20. xP

Edited by Anacybele

So while thinking about it a bit, the updates of getting one additional Ladder use as well as being able to run double Aether for double Lift is actually an amazing change.

The ladder is self-explanatory, but being able to double up on Aether usage means every run is now less risky.

Previously, you got a maximum of 15 matches that count plus 3 matches that you could expend ladders on. That means a perfect score for your team setup would require you to have an 83% success rate. Now you only need to run a maximum of 8 matches that count plus 4 matches that you could expend ladders on, which reduces your necessary success rate down to 67%. That's huge.

Also, with potentially half the number of matches being run overall as well as more liberal use of ladders, that means there are fewer chances for accumulating defense losses as well as a higher percentage of them being ladder surrenders. That's also huge.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So while thinking about it a bit, the updates of getting one additional Ladder use as well as being able to run double Aether for double Lift is actually an amazing change.

The ladder is self-explanatory, but being able to double up on Aether usage means every run is now less risky.

Previously, you got a maximum of 15 matches that count plus 3 matches that you could expend ladders on. That means a perfect score for your team setup would require you to have an 83% success rate. Now you only need to run a maximum of 8 matches that count plus 4 matches that you could expend ladders on, which reduces your necessary success rate down to 67%. That's huge.

Also, with potentially half the number of matches being run overall as well as more liberal use of ladders, that means there are fewer chances for accumulating defense losses as well as a higher percentage of them being ladder surrenders. That's also huge.

Yeah, I am getting A LOT less challenges from players. I feel like I am only getting about half the players as usual, which seems about right with the new system letting you double your gamble.

The halved challenges feels like both a good and a bad thing tbh.
On one hand, half the number of total hits means you could be more likely to ghost through a whole day without getting hit.
On the other, fewer hits means catching fewer enemies with your freebie rematch-fishing map (after entering immunity from your real defense map result), and thus fewer viable rematches you could take later in the week.

I was incredibly close to a perfect week on defense, with 10/11 defense matches being successes. Just one person barely managed to give me a -80. Only losing 80 points still lands me in the highest tier for defense, so the result is the same, but it would have felt nice to scroll down a complete list of all yellow text. My defense has been going well lately, probably because of the upgraded ladder making people surrender more and Aversa being annoying this week.

Last season I ended in T24 because i fucked up and forgot to heal B!Fjorm. That gave me rank 3018. Own fault, but oh well. 

Had a nice start with a great Hit and Run on this weeks match. Perfect so far.

Edit: The new double lift usage is great, getting attacked less and I have a lone Tibarn on the field during my safe times. The map is set up so that Tibbers will cover most tiles and the aether is very hard to get. It has denied all peoples resources so far. That is between 40 and 80 lift denied so far. That matters quite a bit. ^^

Edited by Vicious Sal

The Ladder update and especially double point update definitly made Defense alot more relaxing (Offense too).

Not sure if its worth investing more into Defense Teams until to some degree. the rewards are meh compared to Offense.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, Hilda said:

The Ladder update and especially double point update definitly made Defense alot more relaxing (Offense too).

I can't agree. I thought it would help, but I'm still losing nearly every battle right now.

Need more ladder uses and a sixth offensive team member at the least. A higher turn limit, if a limit MUST be there, is needed too (the turn limit is most often the reason I lose, in fact). Offense is still way too stupid hard.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I can't agree. I thought it would help, but I'm still losing nearly every battle right now.

Need more ladder uses and a sixth offensive team member at the least. A higher turn limit, if a limit MUST be there, is needed too (the turn limit is most often the reason I lose, in fact). Offense is still way too stupid hard.

You might not agree, but it most certainly does not make you right. We just got an upgraded ladder which allows for an additional surrender. More than 10.000 people had already made it to T21 with 3 or less, so a fourth ladder is pretty generous and makes it easier to get T21. 

The double point update has been explained already by Ice Dragon, so while you may not agree with it, it is factually easier to climb now. As one can read below:

On 9/14/2019 at 2:09 AM, Ice Dragon said:

- You need to win a lower percentage of all your games, which means it is easier to climb. 

- Defense matches more often turn into surrenders, which means less lift lost, which equals an easier climb.

- You get attacked less which means you're more likely to not lose lift, which makes the climb easier.

Needing a 6th offense member is also not necessary since you are playing against an algorithm. Is just looks at a checklist and is 100% predictable. The fact that you refuse to read the guide that explains the algorithm does not mean the game is unfair. It's just you making it harder for yourself. A 6th unit might even be a detriment in a lot of cases, such as when you face a Cav line. A proper Cav line has only 2 spaces where you are safe on turn 1 if you use maximum offense buildings. So a 6th unit means not 3, but four units are in immediate danger.

A higher turn limit I can't bring any counterarguments for. 7 Turns is what we've always been given, and maybe 8 turns would be better. Maybe 6 would be better. I do not know the statistics. I do not know what percentage of all matches are 6 turn clears, 1 turn clears, or 7 turn clears. Maybe 7 turn clears are few and far between and if the limit was lowered to 6 most people would still fare just as well. Maybe if 8 turns were the limit from the start we'd be at 50.000 people in T21 now, who knows. All I know is that in the almost year AR has been a thing, roughly 15.000 people got into T21, while using a 7 turn limit system. I think that is a pretty fair number. Maybe 6 would also work, maybe 8 would have worked better. We just can't know. 

One thing I do agree on with you here is that I think 7 turns could actually be 7 turns. With an Enemy phase where you maybe could sweep the last units with an enemy phase. However, we can't change this, and I accept the hand that has been dealt to me. 

All other things are not the game being unfair to you, It is just you sabotaging yourself by not learning to play the game, the mode, and the metagame. Besides, did you not say a while back that you were done complaining about heroes? Seems that's a resolution that did not last long.

Oh and FYI: I lost all ladders the last two days and a double lift match. My week has not been kind either. =p

36 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

- You need to win a lower percentage of all your games, which means it is easier to climb. 

- Defense matches more often turn into surrenders, which means less lift lost, which equals an easier climb.

- You get attacked less which means you're more likely to not lose lift, which makes the climb easier.

Yeah, I still play pretty sloppy but I am able to get into Tier 23 pretty easily now. Getting into Tier 22 is like a no brainer ever since the update.

3 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

You might not agree, but it most certainly does not make you right. We just got an upgraded ladder which allows for an additional surrender. More than 10.000 people had already made it to T21 with 3 or less, so a fourth ladder is pretty generous and makes it easier to get T21. 

The double point update has been explained already by Ice Dragon, so while you may not agree with it, it is factually easier to climb now. As one can read below:

It may help some people, but it doesn't help enough is what I'm saying. I still can't win much. Lost every match today when that should not be the case with the teams and units I use.

3 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

All other things are not the game being unfair to you, It is just you sabotaging yourself by not learning to play the game, the mode, and the metagame. Besides, did you not say a while back that you were done complaining about heroes? Seems that's a resolution that did not last long.

Exactly how am I sabotaging myself when I'm using fully built 5 star lv. 40 units, some with merges, and in AR, the right blessings? Not learning to play the game? What the fuck? You DO realize I've been playing since launch, don't you? How would I not know how to play the game?

And...no? I don't remember ever saying that I'd never make anymore complaints. I probably said I'd complain less. And I am trying to complain less. But I still have issues with AR.

Edited by Anacybele

The boost thing for me was the difference between barely maintaining T18 and getting easy promotion to T19 just from doing one battle a day. I have a 100% loss rate on defense, so at +100 - 80 points a day it was borderline if I lost any units. All of a sudden I'm now getting a net 120+ points a day for the same amount of effort. It's a wonderful change for ease of use.

I have to say, AR is a lot more relaxing now that I’m in T21. Trying to get up a tier was exhausting during the T18-20 days, but now I just worry about not dropping from T21. 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:43 PM, Anacybele said:

How would I not know how to play the game?

I do not think he literally means you do not know how to play the game. I think he means that you are slow to learn about and adapt to the game's meta, and often times outright refuse to do so.

If you do not want to spend the time to learn tactics and adjust your playstyle, then that is fine, but you also should not expect the game to go easier on you. Lots of players have busy lives going on and they still manage to learn and adapt. For those who do not want to learn nor adapt, they either give up the mode or just half ass their game play and be fine with wherever they land and just get the rewards stress free.

The vast majority of players want: (1) all rewards/rank high; (2) to spend little time, effort, money, resources, etc.; and (3) to play how they want to play. Getting all three to go your way is impossible.

If you want to get most rewards and still play however you want to without adapting to the meta, you will need to spend a lot more than what you are currently spending to brute force Aether Raids.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think he literally means you do not know how to play the game. I think he means that you are slow to learn about and adapt to the game's meta, and often times outright refuse to do so.

If you do not want to spend the time to learn tactics and adjust your playstyle, then that is fine, but you also should not expect the game to go easier on you. Lots of players have busy lives going on and they still manage to learn and adapt. For those who do not want to learn nor adapt, they either give up the mode or just half ass their game play and be fine with wherever they land and just get the rewards stress free.

The vast majority of players want: (1) all rewards/rank high; (2) to spend little time, effort, money, resources, etc.; and (3) to play how they want to play. Getting all three to go your way is impossible.

If you want to get most rewards and still play however you want to without adapting to the meta, you will need to spend a lot more than what you are currently spending to brute force Aether Raids.

Okay, then maybe say I'm slow at improving. I won't argue with that, I know I can be slow sometimes. Even at my job I know I'm too slow sometimes and it frustrates me.

But anyway, I never mean to refuse to adapt or anything. Sometimes I just don't have the means to. Or the time since I work part time and go to school now.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:55 AM, Jave said:

I have to say, AR is a lot more relaxing now that I’m in T21. Trying to get up a tier was exhausting during the T18-20 days, but now I just worry about not dropping from T21. 

Since I don't check the AR Topic that often, I probably missed when you reached T 21, so... Congrats for reaching T 21. haha

And yes, this mode is more relaxing now once you reach the stars (T 21). Playing it just to keep T 21 is way better that play it to reach T 21.

Finally got to a level 5 offense fortress thanks to the monthly quest stones, so I can finally fight people on an even keel. And the crappy Yune I got yesterday is going to be fielded in defense with a few other filler units I threw burner dark blessings on. I'll have a defensive team of four level 1 units and it'll save me a bunch of lift, really weird how that works, but that might be enough to get me to 21 eventually, who knows?

Won't be next week because I'm still at T19, but if I can get to T20 this week and hold for a while, I should be able to get to T21 the next time a Light+Dark season comes along. Yeah, my only Mythic heroes are still two Eirs and that level 1 Yune that I see no reason to field offensively.

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Got my 3rd Gold Throne yesterday! This week is starting off alright~ Lost my first battle but no problem with the second two~

LOL i can't even get silver, and you are surpassing me and getting gold. this life.

(congrats!)

On 9/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, Jave said:

honestly, tier 21 is a godsend. (some weeks i worry that i might drop). 

i might start working on some teams that i can do other things (basically i just do fliers which causes some issues). belated congrats on you being in 21, Jave 🙂

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

LOL i can't even get silver, and you are surpassing me and getting gold. this life.

(congrats!)

honestly, tier 21 is a godsend. (some weeks i worry that i might drop). 

i might start working on some teams that i can do other things (basically i just do fliers which causes some issues). belated congrats on you being in 21, Jave 🙂

LOL I can only get Gold in Astra Season on a really good week~