Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I screwed up and went into today's AR matches with Nowi not having Dull Ranged (she had Renewal)

And she still Omega tanked to infinity in both matches today without me noticing until after. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since I originally ran her without Dull Ranged before I reached T21, but I'm still impressed, as she took a Reinhardt and an Ophelia. I guess I lucked out a bit that the Rein didn't have QP

I am safe in Tier 26 this season, and getting Top 3k. My defense results were not that great this season, but... oh well... I am also ending this season with 2 ladders left.

I will probably use Fjorm as my bonus unit next season. Hector would be good, since Ostia Pulse is pretty useful... however he is a Fire Hero and next season is Water/Wind.

Since I use Laevatein in Astra Seasons, Astram could be a good pick as well.

Never been this high before, got pretty lucky on defense with a -60 on Day1 and -0 on all other days.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Top1k cutoff seems to be pretty high, got reports of 13440s being in rank 700s-800 earlier.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:22 AM, XRay said:

The vast majority of players want: (1) all rewards/rank high; (2) to spend little time, effort, money, resources, etc.; and (3) to play how they want to play. Getting all three to go your way is impossible.

I mean... it's not quite impossible. I manage all three of those things (although I only just hit T21 AR two nights ago, so I guess I'm interpreting "rank high" fairly broadly).

Speaking of which, I hit AR T21 this week! I had an almost-perfect offence season, only missing one Aether structure, and defence was kind, with only three losses, only one of which was the full -80. Nino makes a surprisingly good tank.

Now it's time to relax, switch my defence map to a free win, and be content.

I checked my defense and it was hilarious and sad at the same time. The offense player is using Nagi to tank Reinhardt. I thought Reinhardt would die, but he freaking survived with single digit HP; I am pretty sure the player was surprised too. As always, you do NOT want to leave enemies with low HP, because Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers are jerks and allowed Reinhardt to kill some other units nearby.

I feel bad for the player. If their Nagi made the kill, things would have turned out differently. Nagi had Distant Def instead of Quick Riposte.

So finally got 2 of every element mythic heroes and now they drop duo heroes.  Not only do they allow them along with their broken duo skills to be used in AR, you can even have a tower to be able to use it twice (and I assume in the future more than that).  Then on defense you can counter that with your own tower disabling the skill but only if you have a duo hero on your defense team.

It is absolute BS and destroys many team compositions.   Don't forget that Hector is only the first duo hero, future ones will have different skills.  Wouldn't be surprised to get Nils/Ninian with a super refresh duo skill, all allied units can go again or some other nonsense.  I mean talk about a cash grab, one of the worst ones to date.

I've been really out of it, didn't realize there was a new section in the Heroes threads now.

I forgot to change my Aether Defense team last night, stressing about everything else, but lucky me, I got a Defense Win this morning anyway!

More yay, Christmas Cecilia and Fjorm are bonus allies and it's Water Season!

I blew getting a couple pots on my first run, and I lost a unit in my first two matches, but I'm nursing a headache today, and as long as I'm not getting blown out on matches, a win's a win.  Only having to do two matches on Tuesday, instead of 5-6 is a huge improvement.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

So finally got 2 of every element mythic heroes and now they drop duo heroes.  Not only do they allow them along with their broken duo skills to be used in AR, you can even have a tower to be able to use it twice (and I assume in the future more than that).  Then on defense you can counter that with your own tower disabling the skill but only if you have a duo hero on your defense team.

It is absolute BS and destroys many team compositions.   Don't forget that Hector is only the first duo hero, future ones will have different skills.  Wouldn't be surprised to get Nils/Ninian with a super refresh duo skill, all allied units can go again or some other nonsense.  I mean talk about a cash grab, one of the worst ones to date.

With only one example, we do not know how broken Duo skills can get, but I am pretty sure they probably would not let all allies go again because that is very broken... although I personally would not mind it since I am a Player Phase player.

As for AMH!Hector, his Duo skill is pretty tame in my opinion. Having a mobile Bolt Tower is nice, but a Healing Tower (D) would just cancel the effect if it is sufficiently high level.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

With only one example, we do not know how broken Duo skills can get, but I am pretty sure they probably would not let all allies go again because that is very broken... although I personally would not mind it since I am a Player Phase player.

As for AMH!Hector, his Duo skill is pretty tame in my opinion. Having a mobile Bolt Tower is nice, but a Healing Tower (D) would just cancel the effect if it is sufficiently high level.

A mobile bolt tower that can be used twice and possibly more in the future, unless the opponent has a tower AND a duo hero themselves.  Oh and that can be used any turn at player's control.  I think it was a big mistake to make duo heroes usable in AR.  Yeah healing tower if upgraded enough but at the same time lots of teams don't want to run that there are much more important structures.  

3 hours ago, XRay said:

20 Aoe Damage at will is very strong. 

Combine this with a Bolt Tower and Kronya and you are pretty much set because the enemy Team will be near Death.

I have seen plenty of defense plays where the bolt tower was key for the supertank surviving because it allowed them to kill units who would get redanced otherwise.

You can also use this to mess with infantry pulse Teams so their charges wont go off by targeting specific units (Although pulse smoke is better).

However in either case you give up a support unit for duo heroes, which is a big price to pay.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

20 Aoe Damage at will is very strong

Combine this with a Bolt Tower and Kronya and you are pretty much set because the enemy Team will be near Death.

I have seen plenty of defense plays where the bolt tower was key for the supertank surviving because it allowed them to kill units who would get redanced otherwise.

You can also use this to mess with infantry pulse Teams so their charges wont go off by targeting specific units (Although pulse smoke is better).

However in either case you give up a support unit for duo heroes, which is a big price to pay.

It would be perfect with Kronya, so she can use Null C-Disrupt and kill everything. Other than that, I do not think it is that great.

20 damage at will is not bad, but Counter-Vantage can already kill most things in one shot, and if the player got healers or healing tower, the damage could get healed up. The damage might not even matter if your units can already kill things in one round of combat. Most super tanks should already kill things one round of combat too.

It is nice against Infantry Pulse teams too though.

Do niche buildings like the new Duo ones ever get rotated in as the weekly bonus building? I haven't been paying close enough attention on whether it cycles through all buildings or just a subset of them.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Do niche buildings like the new Duo ones ever get rotated in as the weekly bonus building? I haven't been paying close enough attention on whether it cycles through all buildings or just a subset of them.

Should cycle through them all as long as they are Structures with a (D) and (O). Shrines were the last newest buildings and they were rotated in as bonus structures.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This AR battle was intense!

I have done the same sometimes when i had 11400 lift and didnt have time to play AR. Just enter a battle and surrender for the daily rewards.

So i suffered my first defense loss this season... against a Duo-Skill Team.
Yeah i think i am definitly done pulling competitiv there is no point. I guess I'll whale the last time for Bruno and thats it, Duo-Skill Teams demolish your entire AR Defense Team. Doesnt matter how good you prepare. Not gonna pour any more ressources into AR.

Duo-Skills are mildly said the biggest FU IS has ever given to the playerbase.

This season went pretty bad. I had been looking forward to using Nagi to tank on offense, but I think I had only three matches without any Thrasir, so I barely had the opportunity. It's probably just weird luck, but it feels like Brave Alm and Ophelia were almost absent this week. I also lost a lot on defense, a lot of them to the new Hector. I thought most of the units on my flier ball team running Wings of Mercy would make it at least a little tricky for some, and it did catch one person off guard, but most people just had an easy time picking off the rest of my team after nuking them twice. I might have to come up with a new setup if this keeps happening, but that takes so much effort I'll probably be putting it off for weeks.

Luckily the season ended on a match that was completely tankable by Nagi, having only blue mages and ranged colorless attackers, so she got to see a little action at least.

13 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

This season went pretty bad. I had been looking forward to using Nagi to tank on offense, but I think I had only three matches without any Thrasir, so I barely had the opportunity. It's probably just weird luck, but it feels like Brave Alm and Ophelia were almost absent this week. I also lost a lot on defense, a lot of them to the new Hector. I thought most of the units on my flier ball team running Wings of Mercy would make it at least a little tricky for some, and it did catch one person off guard, but most people just had an easy time picking off the rest of my team after nuking them twice. I might have to come up with a new setup if this keeps happening, but that takes so much effort I'll probably be putting it off for weeks.

Luckily the season ended on a match that was completely tankable by Nagi, having only blue mages and ranged colorless attackers, so she got to see a little action at least.

i got hit with a Hector/Hector/Kronya combo. I still don't get how est managed to survive and kill Kronya.
it's gonna not be fun for sure. 

63e1b5b7f8ffe758ebf8bc8ccbf902940f04fdc9

Got my seventh gold throne! I think my previous six were all from the first two months of Aether Raids, so it's been a while.

Team was Naga +1, Naga, Fjorm, Fae +6, and Aversa +1.

This was about at topic weeks ago, but when I saw it, I remembered something, but never got around to posting anything about it. Tagging @XRay about Seliph.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, Hilda said:

Seliph as a supertank is only viable on Defense Teams currently. On offense Teams he gets eaten up by Ophelia or any Mage with a precharged Aoe, Seliph sucks in multiple combat round tankings once his HP goes below 50%. Seliph is only viable as a Tank on Defense Teams as a classic Vantage Tank and that can be worked around with Bolt Tower, Color Advantage Splash damage or just plain Enemy phasing him.

It's Divine Tyrfing Seliph with a ton of support or debuffs working out for him and an edited compilation, but yeah, an Aether Raids offense team showcase with Seliph. There's text commentary throughout the video and it's noted that this build has Seliph struggle against physical units and probably healers more than mages.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

This was about at topic weeks ago, but when I saw it, I remembered something, but never got around to posting anything about it. Tagging @XRay about Seliph.

It's Divine Tyrfing Seliph with a ton of support or debuffs working out for him and an edited compilation, but yeah, an Aether Raids offense team showcase with Seliph. There's text commentary throughout the video and it's noted that this build has Seliph struggle against physical units and probably healers more than mages.

yeah we/I was talking about his regular refine with miracle. Divine Tyrfing can work, but i havent seen any really hard hitters in that video with rally traps that get rid of their debuffs.

That Ophelia was unmerged and had -11 Atk debuff and no rally trap. missing out on a potential 30 Aoe Damage alone