Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

My only super tank is Brave Ike, I think. But he has an Earth blessing. So he won't help my score much.

Then give him a Mythic blessing. Now that Blessed Gardens are no longer updating there's no point on keeping Legendary Blessings on your AR units. And even if you haven't finished Blessed Gardens, you should have plenty of units to tackle them.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Which posts were those exactly? I'm not sure what you want me to respond to without knowing.

As for your team, well, you have three greens there, so I'd bring a strong red unit who can counter them. Also an archer or two because your team is all fliers. They're player phase too, so it's better not to try tanking them. I'd have to bring in a good player phase team for the job.

See, I know this stuff, and I know how to give units good builds. What I struggle with is actually making great teams out of them and properly using them in actual battles sometimes, it seems.

The posts are literallyon this page a bit upward. 

And could you elaborate on how you’d clear the map? Because I would like to know how you would try and clear it. 

The green clours are not a problem since Reysone almost always dance since his atk is too low to do dmg, so it’s only two greens that are used for combat, and Yune is not there to do damage anyway.

And I would like to know how you want to use an archer when Est has around 50 defense.

(Also, my mistake, Camilla’s seal is Iote shield, not the bond skill)

So with you previous post, how would you move your units on the map. Since you make GHB video’s maybe add me and record while you test my defense map in a mock battle. It would show us how you tackle a map and we could give some helpful tips. We would be able to see your thought process, which is valuable info for us to be able to help you get more wins.

14 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

The posts are literallyon this page a bit upward. 

And could you elaborate on how you’d clear the map? Because I would like to know how you would try and clear it. 

The green clours are not a problem since Reysone almost always dance since his atk is too low to do dmg, so it’s only two greens that are used for combat, and Yune is not there to do damage anyway.

And I would like to know how you want to use an archer when Est has around 50 defense.

(Also, my mistake, Camilla’s seal is Iote shield, not the bond skill)

So with you previous post, how would you move your units on the map. Since you make GHB video’s maybe add me and record while you test my defense map in a mock battle. It would show us how you tackle a map and we could give some helpful tips. We would be able to see your thought process, which is valuable info for us to be able to help you get more wins.

That'd be the previous page now, but okay, I'll go look at those.

I don't know what else to say about how I'd clear the map. I'm just not sure right now. Doesn't help that it's late and I want to sleep.

Just now, Anacybele said:

That'd be the previous page now, but okay, I'll go look at those.

I don't know what else to say about how I'd clear the map. I'm just not sure right now. Doesn't help that it's late and I want to sleep.

Well, when you’re rested I would still think it interesting to hear how you’d go about it. 

And if you could post a video of your attempt that would be even better, getting a hands on visual representation of how you try to win AR matches can help us understand where you struggle.

Just use the units you would think qork best. It doesn’t have to be now, but please do try tomorrow or so if you’re able. =]

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

My only super tank is Brave Ike, I think. But he has an Earth blessing. So he won't help my score much.

Give him a Light Blessing, pair him with Brave Lucina if you have her, also with Light Blessing. That would make you win lots of matches by themselves

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

There are a few things in my posts that were addressed to you, though the ‘@‘ probably didn’t register since it was an edit. Would you be so kind to reply to my request? 

And one other request, could you do a mental exercise and tell me how you would tackle my defense map? I just want to know how you try and figure out a defense map and see what kind of things you take into account.

These are the skills and stats:

Bright shrine applies -3 to atk & spd

Dark applies -4 to def and res

Panic manor panics all with 60 or less hp

healing tower heals 25 per turn

Bolt tower does 15 dmg iirc

Eir: +2/ Cloud maiougi/rally up res/iceberg/sturdy impact/mystic boost/ward fliers/flier formation (res asset)

Reyson+6: Heron wing/sing/Moonbow/Fort Def/Flier formation/ward fliers/chill atk (neutral)

Yune: Spectral Tome/-/Sturdy impact/flier formation/ward fliers/hardy bearing (spd asset)

Est+5: White wing lance(prf)/Swap/Escutcheon/fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk def bond ( atk asset)

camilla+10: Camilla’s axe(prf)/swap/iceberg/Fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk spd bond (spd asset)

aversa+10: aversa’s night/-/moonbow/r duel flying/flier formation/ward fliers/hp atk (neutral)

all except Eir are dark blessed so they get +5 hp and +4 spd in dark season

can’t get the stats right now, but if you want to know them, you can rebuild these units in a unit builder to see what their stats would be.

i would lose LOL.  i can admit that. haha

5 hours ago, Rinco said:

Give him a Light Blessing, pair him with Brave Lucina if you have her, also with Light Blessing. That would make you win lots of matches by themselves

I don't have her and I don't care to.

8 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Well, when you’re rested I would still think it interesting to hear how you’d go about it. 

And if you could post a video of your attempt that would be even better, getting a hands on visual representation of how you try to win AR matches can help us understand where you struggle.

Just use the units you would think qork best. It doesn’t have to be now, but please do try tomorrow or so if you’re able. =]

I don't really feel like it at present, maybe another time. I got some schoolwork to do anyway. I might try when I finish some or all of it.

Only lost 40 Lift this season with one complete loss, unless I get attacked at the last hour.
7 wins by my team, one defeat at lift loss control active and another one with 1 kill by my team also with lift loss control active. Without considering the lift loss control, I'd have lost only 100 lift, which is not so bad either.
Pretty good season.

Edited by Rinco

My flier ball defense has been doing a terrible job lately and just when light season ranking started getting crazy. I decided to change my defense to see if it could do any better. If anyone has some time, please give me some feedback and feel free to test it out if I'm on your friends list. Thanks!

Spoiler

IMG_E3111.thumb.JPG.7f980e148ccdb4dc28e69f23dab035de.JPG54881461_LightDefenseTeam.thumb.jpg.7f85e20d2ab82c2923be5200a6dc36cc.jpg

I'm likely going to swap the hot springs and tactics room, but I'm not entirely sure yet. Also changed everyone to water except Ophelia, so they will gain a bit more res and hp on water seasons.

Another edit thanks to Diovani: Going to swap Ike and Silvia so both Silvia and Ophelia won't be isolated by Fjorm

Edited by Maaka

17 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

There are a few things in my posts that were addressed to you, though the ‘@‘ probably didn’t register since it was an edit. Would you be so kind to reply to my request? 

And one other request, could you do a mental exercise and tell me how you would tackle my defense map? I just want to know how you try and figure out a defense map and see what kind of things you take into account.

These are the skills and stats:

Bright shrine applies -3 to atk & spd

Dark applies -4 to def and res

Panic manor panics all with 60 or less hp

healing tower heals 25 per turn

Bolt tower does 15 dmg iirc

Eir: +2/ Cloud maiougi/rally up res/iceberg/sturdy impact/mystic boost/ward fliers/flier formation (res asset)

Reyson+6: Heron wing/sing/Moonbow/Fort Def/Flier formation/ward fliers/chill atk (neutral)

Yune: Spectral Tome/-/Sturdy impact/flier formation/ward fliers/hardy bearing (spd asset)

Est+5: White wing lance(prf)/Swap/Escutcheon/fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk def bond ( atk asset)

camilla+10: Camilla’s axe(prf)/swap/iceberg/Fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk spd bond (spd asset)

aversa+10: aversa’s night/-/moonbow/r duel flying/flier formation/ward fliers/hp atk (neutral)

all except Eir are dark blessed so they get +5 hp and +4 spd in dark season

can’t get the stats right now, but if you want to know them, you can rebuild these units in a unit builder to see what their stats would be.

depends on the tank. Snipe the panic manor with an Eir and Smite Brave Ike onto a defense tile. Even with Hardy Bearing Yune, he should have no problems tanking her, because she will only hit once. Aversa might be a problem though with but it really depends on the setup of B!Ike and his support. Everyone will suicide on him.

Another possibility is to use a CC Vantage Archer, check the bolt traps or use the bolt tower of the enemy to get into Vantage range ----> snipe Camilla, redance proceed to snipe Yune

Or hit and run, just make sure to be at least one extra space away, Yune or Aversa will move first (no assist) and then theyll get swaped, Since Reyson is adjacent to a human Ally he wont have 3 movement which means he will redance Aversa or Yune who got swaped, which basicly gave them one more movement range from their starting position.

It really depends though on the Team composition one is running or has at disposal.

Honestly, my def teams are free wins, I have a makeshift astra team and my light season team is literally 3 Eirs, Matt and Aversa (don't even have a bonus unit).

Still made it to T21. It can be really brutal sometimes but it's perfectly doable while being F2P. Once I pull a Nailah I'll feed her to B!Ike so I can cheese the world out of Astra season with B!Ike, Lucina, Naga, L!Eliwood, Bonus Unit.

Considered doing an F!Corrin supertank but B!ike just sounds like so much more fun. But yeah, the mode is doable, even if a headache a lot of the time.

Edited by Zeo

Thrasir is a pain to deal with, as expected. I might actually have to build Caineghis to deal with her. Or kit out Nagi with Hardy Bearing and Iceberg.

Or I can finally just give up on trying to win chairs. It's such a pain in the ass. This game has too many competitive modes now.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thrasir is a pain to deal with, as expected. I might actually have to build Caineghis to deal with her. Or kit out Nagi with Hardy Bearing and Iceberg.

Or I can finally just give up on trying to win chairs. It's such a pain in the ass. This game has too many competitive modes now.

I would just set a performance team aside and not worry about scoring too much against super obnoxious maps. Unless you are super unlucky or something, most maps can be annoying and obnoxious, but few are super obnoxious.

The highest I have gotten is Tier 23 though, so maybe obnoxious maps might be more common in higher Tiers.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

depends on the tank. Snipe the panic manor with an Eir and Smite Brave Ike onto a defense tile. Even with Hardy Bearing Yune, he should have no problems tanking her, because she will only hit once. Aversa might be a problem though with but it really depends on the setup of B!Ike and his support. Everyone will suicide on him.

Another possibility is to use a CC Vantage Archer, check the bolt traps or use the bolt tower of the enemy to get into Vantage range ----> snipe Camilla, redance proceed to snipe Yune

Or hit and run, just make sure to be at least one extra space away, Yune or Aversa will move first (no assist) and then theyll get swaped, Since Reyson is adjacent to a human Ally he wont have 3 movement which means he will redance Aversa or Yune who got swaped, which basicly gave them one more movement range from their starting position.

It really depends though on the Team composition one is running or has at disposal.

@Anacybele, take note, this is great theorycrafting, and tackling these kind of maps in you mind like this is how you should start approaching maps if you want to reach T21.

However, Hilda, you forgot two things, Tanking, even with B!ike from a defense tile won’t work. (Three people tried this week and failed) Yune has spectral tome, so even if you snipe the manor, he will be panicked. 

CC vantage is not as easy to pull off since there are three threats that you have to take out before you can vantage the team. Camilla won’t die because she has Iote’s, Yune has HB seal, and Eir has cloud maiougi, which not only has Dragon effectiveness, is also has built in HB. 

Hit and run is the best idea, but you need to be 4 spaces away since Eir ha a forward rally, meaning the flier formation has quite a bit of extra reach. That was how I lost map match this week though, but I still got two.

I might sub out Aversa soon though since I have spectral tome now. Have another unit that could do wonders vs B!ike, since some of the matches were very close. I am going to switch Aversa to TA first though, so how that works.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would just set a performance team aside and not worry about scoring too much against super obnoxious maps. Unless you are super unlucky or something, most maps can be annoying and obnoxious, but few are super obnoxious.

The highest I have gotten is Tier 23 though, so maybe obnoxious maps might be more common in higher Tiers.

Thrasir instantly makes a map obnoxious, though, since she barely two-hit kills both Fae and Nagi despite them being buffed to hell and back with optimal builds. Hence why I might just need to finish building Caineghis since he won't be susceptible to Thrasir's dragon-effective damage and has good Res.

At least on Light weeks, I have double Eir for +10 Res, which should be enough to deal with her... probably.

This past week was weird, feels like we've had these bonus units for ages. I haven't had the time to play much, so I just grabbed enough lift to prevent demotion and then mostly handed out free wins to get the daily rewards. It's pretty relaxing to put the absolute minimum amount of effort into this mode sometimes, it feels a bit like an event that is constantly running with how much attention it requires if you want to perform well. The double lift option makes the mode much more managable though. Was fun to tank a few teams with Nagi this week. 

Of course, the week I decide not to try on offence my defence team does the best it could possibly do, losing 0 lift. I almost had a week of only successes, but on the last day I got one loss with one unit defeated. It didn't cost any lift, but it would have been fun to have a week of only successes. It was definitely just luck though, last week this exact same defense team lost 240 lift. It all depends on if people who already lost some units decide to finish or surrender, since I don't have any defensive Mythics.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:08 PM, XRay said:

As a Player Phase player, I rely on Bolt Traps a lot to set up my Counter-Vantage unit, and I imagine most players also need it for Desperation, so that might be one reason why. Your armor units also run Armor March, and that can catch players off guard.

The placement of Tactics Room (D) and Heavy Trap also significantly stalls Player Phase teams.

Kinda surprised March would surprise folks since 1 move armors are hard enough for players to use. But I suppose ward balls are more common when using a team that can exploit that.

As for the Tactics Room. I actually have no idea why I have it placed where it is. That is a legacy placement from when I actually put more effort in while trying to climb into 21. I don't remember why I placed it where it is. For the most part the only changes from my climbing days are unit comp(Thrasir instead of Veronica) and skills/seals. And speaking of skills I think Thrasir might benefit from being given the Hardy Bearing Seal. It is a royal pain, but testing my own map indicates that with enough planning a +ATK Keaton sweep is possible. Though it was hilarious when I tried to attack into Amelia(to activate Keaton's Vantage) and realized she could Aether back nearly all the damage he could do, heck one attempt someone had her projected to KO him on the counter. Only way he could do it was by going up and using the lightning trap and that was still really finicky since Myrrh kept walling him unless everything was just perfect. He basically needed my whole team balled around him for maximum drive.

I might have to move the Lightning Trap. It can be used to blast Amelia which isn't good. I keep forgetting it has 3 range.

So my list of things to do when I get around to it is to switch Amelia to Bonfire, give Thrasir the Hardy Bearing seal, and either move or just remove the lightning trap. Wouldn't mind seeing if a Vantage Hector would trip folks up, but not sure if it is worth letting Amelia get nuked.

@Anacybele A bit late, but I do need to jump on the 'improved' defense is worth it even if it does not win bandwagon. Even just killing 1 or 2 units regularly can take some pressure off your offense. I know I would find it much more annoying to maintain 21 if I were having to make up for full point losses every time. This is what makes Cav line attractive in my eyes. Mine actually rarely wins, but it almost always knocks out at least one foe, and quite often 2 or 3. I mean even if it is only 1 unit each time that is potentially 140 lift saved during the week, if you lost every day. If you push to 2 foes killed on average(my personal goal) that could be the equivalent of 280 lift. So 2 kill average vs 0 kill average is -280lift vs -560lift, if you lose every day. And that is ignoring whatever lift protection any mythics might offer. 1 mythic + 5 blessed takes the 2 kill average down to -15. Which is only -105lift a week from defense loses. And if you have 2 mythics like my current Anima team a 2 kill loss is 0 points lost. But ignoring the unrealistic 2 mythics, it isn't that hard to soak -15 particularly since you won't necessarily get hit every day. Dark season used to be -80 full point losses fairly frequently, which made me so happy that I had double Eir's running on offense. It really sucked dealing with the lost lift. So much less stressful now that I am getting a couple kills on nearly every loss.

@Vicious Sal That is a map I would chock in the not fun category. Pretty sure there is no way either my Light or Astra team could handle it. It wouldn't be a matter of misplaying, just that the units themselves can't possibly win. And when winning is impossible I chock that into the no-fun pile. That said if I were building completely against it my best chance would probably be non-Tactic Amelia on the defense tile with Kaden tactic buffed(or beast buffed, though I don't I have the full set there) up as support. Problem is that it Eir would be able to hit him if she fails to KO Camilla or Est. Est is easy, but I think Camilla has enough speed to dodge the double, so she would need the QR seal which limits my options elsewhere. I.E. Aversa. If Aversa survives she will get danced and murder the crap out of Kaden. So I need to be able to KO her. Which means the standard Bonfire build which means no sustain. The problem there is if Camilla attacks late enough in the series, and she almost certianly will since she is effectively 0 damage, QR will be disabled(between Yune and Aversa Amelia is going to take a beating). So I might be better off with Brazen ATK/SPD since that will make sure she can double Camilla. But then I run into the issue of maybe not doubling Aversa(I am assuming she will attack first). It is really too close for comfort there(though it looks like she should). This is ignoring Eir's Rally though. While the res boost isn't a big deal moving down to rally before Aversa attacks would give Aversa yet another stack of ward. Which puts her just out of KO range. So I would need a non-mythic blessing to pull it off. Thankfully Hector is an armor for her armor march and gives +ATK which puts Aversa back in KO range.

So assuming I put your units in the simulator right, Amelia + Kaden support should be able to sweep everything thanks to the defense tile.  I didn't bother with Reyson or Eir damage calcs since I can just eyeball that as zero. Kaden will have to survive a hit from Eir though since Reyson will dance her. But Kaden is fast enough to avoid the double and so should survive. Basically I am just lucky you don't push speed up. A single goad flier in that ball would have screwed Amelia over since she would miss her speed thresholds.

Edit- Scratch that. For some reason when enable the simulator wasn't actually enable whitewing spear. It still might work, but that is 17 more damage Amelia takes which takes her margin into the single digits. What Spectral tome refine does Yune have?  Actually you don't list a +, is she working a base spectral tome? Bleh, I would probably need to run Ephraim too to boost her def. I knew something didn't look right with the simulator. Est was doing about half as much as I expected. Well that was because she wasn't getting her brave effect. Might also need Armor march on someone else and run ATK smoke in her C. I don't like single digit margins. I also forgot to include my shrines as well. I have both fully upped so someone's attack is going to get nerfed, so that should also help.

Anyways as a GHB style map it could be fun. As a map that you can't specifically build a team for or try various compositions against and learn from? Mostly unfun in my opinion. Which is my problem with Aether Raids in general. Maps of these difficulties can be fun to try over and over again. But as a random map you can't build specifically for or try over and over again and that you suffer for losing to? That mode is not for me. Thankfully 21 is easy to camp in and gives a good balance of rewards to effort.

Edited by Usana

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

Kinda surprised March would surprise folks since 1 move armors are hard enough for players to use. But I suppose ward balls are more common when using a team that can exploit that.

Yeah, when armor are bunched up like that, I assume it is Ward Armor. Sometimes I get lazy and do not always check their skills.

20 minutes ago, Usana said:

A bit late, but I do need to jump on the 'improved' defense is worth it even if it does not win bandwagon. Even just killing 1 or 2 units regularly can take some pressure off your offense. I know I would find it much more annoying to maintain 21 if I were having to make up for full point losses every time. This is what makes Cav line attractive in my eyes. Mine actually rarely wins, but it almost always knocks out at least one foe, and quite often 2 or 3. I mean even if it is only 1 unit each time that is potentially 140 lift saved during the week, if you lost every day. If you push to 2 foes killed on average(my personal goal) that could be the equivalent of 280 lift. So 2 kill average vs 0 kill average is -280lift vs -560lift, if you lose every day. And that is ignoring whatever lift protection any mythics might offer. 1 mythic + 5 blessed takes the 2 kill average down to -15. Which is only -105lift a week from defense loses. And if you have 2 mythics like my current Anima team a 2 kill loss is 0 points lost. But ignoring the unrealistic 2 mythics, it isn't that hard to soak -15 particularly since you won't necessarily get hit every day. Dark season used to be -80 full point losses fairly frequently, which made me so happy that I had double Eir's running on offense. It really sucked dealing with the lost lift. So much less stressful now that I am getting a couple kills on nearly every loss.

Yeah, I totally get that, but at the end of the day, I still actually have to win offensive battles and I've been struggling to do that lately. A good defensive team that wins a lot means nothing if I can't also win offensive battles.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I totally get that, but at the end of the day, I still actually have to win offensive battles and I've been struggling to do that lately. A good defensive team that wins a lot means nothing if I can't also win offensive battles.

Send me a request, I’ll do a mock battle vs your defense team and record it. I’ll write a summary of why it does not get wins. 

Also please post your barracks, that way I can see what you have available and I might be able to help with a different defense setup.

And lastly, just a reminder that I recommend fighting vs my defense team, and record it so we can see how you play on offense. =]

19 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Send me a request, I’ll do a mock battle vs your defense team and record it. I’ll write a summary of why it does not get wins. 

Also please post your barracks, that way I can see what you have available and I might be able to help with a different defense setup.

And lastly, just a reminder that I recommend fighting vs my defense team, and record it so we can see how you play on offense. =]

I just now changed my defense team to be a dark one, but I know why it doesn't get wins. I don't bother to make it good, I just want to fill it with the right blessing types to lower my lift loss.

Posting my barracks will take several screenshots and I still have a few 5 stars that need leveling up. But okay, I'll do it as soon as I can.

I remember that, I just need to find a bit more time between my schoolwork and class. I have class a little later today, but my schoolwork is mostly done for now.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I just now changed my defense team to be a dark one, but I know why it doesn't get wins. I don't bother to make it good, I just want to fill it with the right blessing types to lower my lift loss.

Posting my barracks will take several screenshots and I still have a few 5 stars that need leveling up. But okay, I'll do it as soon as I can.

I remember that, I just need to find a bit more time between my schoolwork and class. I have class a little later today, but my schoolwork is mostly done for now.

When doing a mock battle vs someone in your friend list you can choose which season you want to battle, so I can fight both and comment both if you’d like. =]

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

When doing a mock battle vs someone in your friend list you can choose which season you want to battle, so I can fight both and comment both if you’d like. =]

Like I said, I basically know what you're going to say though. Skillsets don't synergize, need better seals, or move around traps or structures or whatever. I KNOW my defense teams lately have not been good. I've just been focused on lowering my potential lift loss and that's all.

I appreciate the offer, I really do. I'm just not sure what good it'll do if I already know the problems with the defense teams I'm using. I could go actually TRY to make a good defense team first and then you could comment. That would work.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like I said, I basically know what you're going to say though. Skillsets don't synergize, need better seals, or move around traps or structures or whatever. I KNOW my defense teams lately have not been good. I've just been focused on lowering my potential lift loss and that's all.

I appreciate the offer, I really do. I'm just not sure what good it'll do if I already know the problems with the defense teams I'm using. I could go actually TRY to make a good defense team first and then you could comment. That would work.

Me wanting to test your defenses is not about that entirely. It’s more about showing how someone on offense would tackle it, and why certain things like positioning and baitability of units come into play. I can write things about the map that have nothing to do with the units and their skills. 

I can talk about range overlap, rally traps, fort positioning, which map suits which kind of team, all of the things are still valuable knowledge that stay relevant regardless of which units are on your actual defense team. 

For that part I’d like pictures of your barracks, since that gives me(and others willing to help) an idea of what you have available to you.