Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

21 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Oh woops, should be fixed now =]

Perhaps put Thrasir in the corner instead of Kagero. Thrasir is your only threat to my M!Kana and I can walk right up to the Tactic Room and break it, dance with L!Azura, and he can kill Thrasir. If this were to be a real match, I would lose my L!Azura to your Kagero because I don't usually run Reposition on any unit other than Kana and there's no way to get her out of the way. But if I have it, Seliph will suicide into a Naga after the dance and Kana will tank the rest.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Perhaps put Thrasir in the corner instead of Kagero. Thrasir is your only threat to my M!Kana and I can walk right up to the Tactic Room and break it, dance with L!Azura, and he can kill Thrasir. If this were to be a real match, I would lose my L!Azura to your Kagero because I don't usually run Reposition on any unit other than Kana and there's no way to get her out of the way. But if I have it, Seliph will suicide into a Naga after the dance and Kana will tank the rest.

Did you look at the map or test it? Because  of your wording it seems like the former. 

Thrasir is not carrying Ifingr.

...How the heck did I reach tier 24 and rank 1,152 in AR?.... @XRay I blame you. My team of Matthew/Aversa/3 Eirs with Chills was keeping me in T21 but after hearing what you said about using bolt traps to my advantage I just swapped out Special Spiral for Vantage and intentionally step on the traps when near the team. I've won literally every single battle since then. If the team doesn't have a Razzle Dazzle healer it's a clean sweep, even if it does It's doable. Matt just oneshots anyone he touches and everyone is debuffed in all 4 stats.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

...How the heck did I reach tier 24 and rank 1,152 in AR?.... @XRay I blame you. My team of Matthew/Aversa/3 Eirs with Chills was keeping me in T21 but after hearing what you said about using bolt traps to my advantage I just swapped out Special Spiral for Vantage and intentionally step on the traps when near the team. I've won literally every single battle since then. If the team doesn't have a Razzle Dazzle healer it's a clean sweep, even if it does It's doable. Matt just oneshots anyone he touches and everyone is debuffed in all 4 stats.

Neat! You ranked higher than me! I am pretty sure that is a Gold Throne right there, assuming you maintain the same rank.

Yeah, most defense teams have horrible Bolt Trap placements, so it is pretty easy to take advantage of it.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Neat! You ranked higher than me! I am pretty sure that is a Gold Throne right there, assuming you maintain the same rank.

Yeah, most defense teams have horrible Bolt Trap placements, so it is pretty easy to take advantage of it.

I doubt I'll stay there. My defense team is trash (I haven't worked on it since.... 6-8 months ago) so I'm sure I'll drop. Plus I'll only have 2 days more runs. I'll let you know how it goes. This is the highest I've ever ranked.

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I got a couple defense successes the past couple days. But it still means very little because I almost never win offensive battles. I will forever hate this mode.

Good to hear the defense successes! That should help with maintaining current position at the least(not much, but still something). Does that mean some of the suggestions others brought up helped or is it just a luck of the draw thing with whom happens to be hitting your team?

Speaking of luck of draw, my Cav Line just got demolished. Pretty dang rare for it to not get at least two kills, but this guy had quite the empty backline to safely hide in.

Spoiler

PVVANk1.png

They still managed to lose thier Papa Hector though. The Gravity trap ate one of his attacks which meant that he didn't eliminate enough folks to be safe. Veronica slapped him around(debuffed him) dropping him to 35 HP and buffed Lilina who proceeded to hammer him for 36 HP. I wonder if they had calculated that Hector would survive and were off by just a touch? Or if they were willing to sacrifice Hector to get the win(and both pots, wish I could tell my guys to be careful not to get stuck with no attack or move option. That is annoying and sad).

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I got a couple defense successes the past couple days. But it still means very little because I almost never win offensive battles. I will forever hate this mode.

Maybe if you tried working with the people trying to help you, you’d get better results. There have been so many suggestions and ideas given and so far you’ve done nothing but complain. 

Those barracks pictures are not only useful for looking at defense team units, we can also look at what might help for offense.

You trying out my defense map not only allows me to explain why my defense works the way it does, it also shows us how you fight on offense, and we could give you pointers.

Same for me trying your defense map, I could show you how and why I would beat your map. These are things you can apply to your own matches. 

But have you done any of this? No, just complaining.

So once again, please let us help by doing the above things, or by reading the AI guide etc.

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Good to hear the defense successes! That should help with maintaining current position at the least(not much, but still something). Does that mean some of the suggestions others brought up helped or is it just a luck of the draw thing with whom happens to be hitting your team?

Probably luck of the draw more than anything. I can't predict what team I'm getting matched up with, so I don't know how to use the suggestions that were given to me.

28 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Maybe if you tried working with the people trying to help you, you’d get better results. There have been so many suggestions and ideas given and so far you’ve done nothing but complain. 

Those barracks pictures are not only useful for looking at defense team units, we can also look at what might help for offense.

You trying out my defense map not only allows me to explain why my defense works the way it does, it also shows us how you fight on offense, and we could give you pointers.

Same for me trying your defense map, I could show you how and why I would beat your map. These are things you can apply to your own matches. 

But have you done any of this? No, just complaining.

So once again, please let us help by doing the above things, or by reading the AI guide etc.

I forgot about showing my barracks. My bad on that. But regardless of how much I complained, I believe I did for good reason.

Give me a few minutes and I'll have those barracks screens.

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Did you look at the map or test it? Because  of your wording it seems like the former. 

Thrasir is not carrying Ifingr.

I played it, granted you are correct I didn't look at her weapon~ If she doesn't have Ifingr then Kana just tanks it all anyway, though.

Edited by Landmaster

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I played it, granted you are correct I didn't look at her weapon~ If she doesn't have Ifingr then Kana just tanks it all anyway, though.

Hmm, in that case do you mind sharing your Kana?I would like to do some calcs, since Kagero currently has no Lull skills, and i would like to see if it would make a difference. 

What was the movement order?

38 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Hmm, in that case do you mind sharing your Kana?I would like to do some calcs, since Kagero currently has no Lull skills, and i would like to see if it would make a difference. 

What was the movement order?

Here you go~

Edited by Landmaster

14 hours ago, XRay said:

This is why I never bothered to upgrade my Bolt Trap. It only does 10 damage, which doesn't help most units reach Vantage or Desperation range, but still causes the action cancel, which is the only reason it's even on the field.

Oddly, I think someone was trying to use mine to trigger WoM range for their double refreshers by ramming face first into the Bolt Trap with Tibarn. I'm not sure why anyone would think I'd put a 30+-damage Bolt Trap right next to my largely melee (non-Desperation) laguz team, though.

48 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

This is why I never bothered to upgrade my Bolt Trap. It only does 10 damage, which doesn't help most units reach Vantage or Desperation range, but still causes the action cancel, which is the only reason it's even on the field.

Oddly, I think someone was trying to use mine to trigger WoM range for their double refreshers by ramming face first into the Bolt Trap with Tibarn. I'm not sure why anyone would think I'd put a 30+-damage Bolt Trap right next to my largely melee (non-Desperation) laguz team, though.

The vast majority of defense teams I have encountered have upgraded Bolt Traps, so they were probably thinking you have a high level Bolt Trap too.

I personally have not seen a lot level 1 Bolt Traps, so I probably would have stepped on it too.

Feels like there should have been an option to deploy traps of lower levels after you have upgraded them, considering they affect your own team as well. Some defense teams might like to have them leveled up while others would rather not.

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

Feels like there should have been an option to deploy traps of lower levels after you have upgraded them, considering they affect your own team as well. Some defense teams might like to have them leveled up while others would rather not.

I really regret upgrading my lightning trap, but I used it rather early on in my defense. Now I just have to tuck it away in the corner or remove it completely because it is so easy to abuse. However, I would prefer they do not add an option to use lower levels of the traps, as I normally use them to get into wings of mercy range on my galeforcers. I am actually quite surprised they have yet to add that in. It really does seem natural to be able to pick any level of the trap once you upgrade it, but it is making stuff easier for me, so oh well.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

The vast majority of defense teams I have encountered have upgraded Bolt Traps, so they were probably thinking you have a high level Bolt Trap too.

I personally have not seen a lot level 1 Bolt Traps, so I probably would have stepped on it too.

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense in general, but in the case of my defense, it's protecting Lethe from melee and Naesala from ranged. I guess I just find it a little weird that anyone would think I'd want to have them blow up half my team to do big damage to a single unit of theirs.

1 hour ago, Maaka said:

I really regret upgrading my lightning trap, but I used it rather early on in my defense. Now I just have to tuck it away in the corner or remove it completely because it is so easy to abuse. However, I would prefer they do not add an option to use lower levels of the traps, as I normally use them to get into wings of mercy range on my galeforcers. I am actually quite surprised they have yet to add that in. It really does seem natural to be able to pick any level of the trap once you upgrade it, but it is making stuff easier for me, so oh well.

I guess that's the advantage of being late to the defense party. I sort of gave up on it early on and spent most of my resources on my offense. By the time I started seriously investing in things, I was completely adverse to upgrading it (and the Bolt Tower D) because I'd used it against enough enemy units for easy kills that I knew had badly it could backfire to upgrade it (my favourite was a stall team that had theirs upgraded to do 50 damage and was easy enough to lure their armours toward...).

@Zeo For a second there I thought you had visited my cav line. But it was some other Matthew user. Sadly for them their Matthew was 3 shy from plus +10, which meant my Lilina survived his vantage with 1 hp and nuked the daylights out of him. They promptly surrendered. But that close call does make me wonder if my Lilina should have HP/Res seal instead of Spd Ploy. Then again they choose to eliminate Yune instead of Veronica so he probably would have been staff nuked anyways.

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Here you go~

Thanks, that is a great help. I think I mesed up slot order. I’m going to calc tomorrow if lull atk/def would have helped. Still have to work today. But this is great value, thanks!

@Anacybele, Here are some suggestions:

I am going to note units that are suggested to be foddered to you units I will also note some fodder such as maybe staves, which are 20k feathers investments. These can be found on units not shown in you pictures.

I will try to include as many of your merged units as possible.

Dark season: 

Sothis: Sublime Surge/Swap/Sirius/HP+5/Guard/Infantry Pulse/HP Atk 2

Yune: Spectral Tome+/-/Moonbow/Sturdy Impact/Wings of Mercy/Ground Orders(Bridal Fjorm is coming on a legendary banner soon)/Chill Atk

Ninian: Lightning breath+/Dance/Miracle/HP+5/Wings of Mercy/Infantry Pulse/HP+5

HF!Elincia: Cloud Maiougi/Dance/Moonbow/HP+5/Wings of Mercy/Infantry Pulse/HP+5

Klein: Argent Bow/Rally Res/Glacies/Mirror Impact/Lull spd def/pulse smoke/Hardy Bearing

B!Ike: Urvan/Swap/Miracle/Distant Counter/Special Spiral/Infantry Pulse/Def Res Bond

I can’t write a complete summary for it right away, and it requires some HP juggling so you might be able to swap some A skills and Seals. 

Since I can’t write the complete summary now because of work, it could be a good excercise for you to figure out how this team works. 

So what do you think this team is trying to accomplish?

And for others, I have just been typing this without a layout, so some specials might need tuning, but the concept stays the same.

13 hours ago, Usana said:

@Zeo For a second there I thought you had visited my cav line. But it was some other Matthew user. Sadly for them their Matthew was 3 shy from plus +10, which meant my Lilina survived his vantage with 1 hp and nuked the daylights out of him. They promptly surrendered. But that close call does make me wonder if my Lilina should have HP/Res seal instead of Spd Ploy. Then again they choose to eliminate Yune instead of Veronica so he probably would have been staff nuked anyways.

Yeah, your Lilina probably wouldn't have survived a hit from my Matthew. I don't think she's ever survived a single hit from him unless she wasn't debuffed.

Razzle Dazzle is a big problem for my team though, if I can't get to her first then the map becomes a roll of the dice. Matt can generally oneshot a debuffed Yune so it's no real issue dealing with her. Now I kinda want to fight your def team.

What was the Matthew and his team's setup?

I got into Tier 24 too. Got lucky and had two people with no Weapon setups for two free wins with max scoring.

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

What was the Matthew and his team's setup?

Putting list of images in spoilers so as not to take up space for folk who may not care.

Spoiler

EQ1zqix.png
I missed that he was missing the +10 on flowers as well.
qrFsThg.png
Starting positions. Chills in play are ATK, SPD, and DEF. Micaiah is running res ploy as well as Yune's Whispers. Which the cav line really doesn't appreciate. Though Lilina's res is too high to be affected. Also Donnel is running DC and Null C-Disrupt, so Donnel is probably this person's Razzle Dazzle counter.
p4Yob1C.png
Looks like he choose Yune due to inability to one round Veronica. She has 43 base speed to his 41. So no doubling for him even after taking -6. And apparently she just barely ducks the one hit KO so he went after Yune instead.
MpfB5ZE.png
42 of her 43 HP.  Talk about close. My guess is they figured Lilina wouldn't live and took Yune down due to Yune's ability to double by default. Matthew is fast enough to evade Veronica's double and has enough HP after killing Yune to tank Veronica. So as long as Matthew one shot everyone other than Razzle Dazzle Veronica it would have worked. But Lilina ruined their day. Anyways this individual surrendered when their turn popped around.

Well my last 2 bouts went horribly. Basically had matchups that my team couldn't handle. One would have been doable if I had bothered to level up ally support levels before fighting. But I was just shy a key ko. But I use Kaden for both offense teams right now and he can only support 1 person(I am NOT changing ally supports every week. No. Way.) So no T24, I have to settle for being just a bit short. Edit- Took another full loss so T24 may have been out of reach even if I won today's matches on offense(assuming no perfect scoring). People are just hammering this cav line this week.

Anyways grats on XRay for T24, and Zeo are you still hanging in on that tier as well? Or did your doubts of dipping back out come true? Edit- Realized I can see your lift via the friend screen. So grats on T25, though it looks like your just are barely there! Hopefully you don't lose any lift.

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

Now I kinda want to fight your def team.

Almost forgot to reply here, but we are friended I am pretty sure(Your Matthew is part of my infantry brigade I am pretty sure) so you should be able to mock battle it if you like. Though from what I know of your Matthew he shouldn't have much of an issue with them. But I have underestimated my defenses before so who knows.

Edited by Usana

I post my barracks after being asked to (more than once) to see what I could do with it in this mode, and nobody responds or even acknowledges?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I post my barracks after being asked to (more than once) to see what I could do with it in this mode, and nobody responds or even acknowledges?

Vicious Sal posted a little bit, but the post didn't tag you properly. Here is the part that was addressed to you. 

On 11/3/2019 at 7:50 AM, Vicious Sal said:

I am going to note units that are suggested to be foddered to you units I will also note some fodder such as maybe staves, which are 20k feathers investments. These can be found on units not shown in you pictures.

Dark season: 

Yune: Spectral Tome+/-/Moonbow/Sturdy Impact/Wings of Mercy/Ground Orders(Bridal Fjorm is coming on a legendary banner soon)/Chill Atk

Klein: Argent Bow/Rally Res/Glacies/Mirror Impact/Lull spd def/pulse smoke/Hardy Bearing

B!Ike: Urvan/Swap/Miracle/Distant Counter/Special Spiral/Infantry Pulse/Def Res Bond

I can’t write a complete summary for it right away, and it requires some HP juggling so you might be able to swap some A skills and Seals. 

Since I can’t write the complete summary now because of work, it could be a good excercise for you to figure out how this team works. 

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

Vicious Sal posted a little bit, but the post didn't tag you properly. Here is the part that was addressed to you. 

Oh, crap. Sorry, my mistake. @Vicious Sal

But anyway.

4 minutes ago, Usana said:

Dark season: 

I should've specified that I'd like offensive team advice, not defensive. All I can see that you're doing with this team here though, is Wings of Mercy shenanigans. Klein is a player phase nuke while Brave Ike is an enemy phase super tank. Not sure how those two go together all that well.

Another thing, I don't have a lot of the fodder you're suggesting I use here. I didn't even know Mirror Impact existed, never pulled anyone who has it.