Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

12.903 lift, pretty easy week. Still had one use of the ladder left.

Things are going well after I put M!Corrin with W!Cecilia. Just buff and throw her at enemies range so she can counter kill everything. Still need to build a Peri to pair with Eliwood to make a Galeforce team for when Cecilia would not work.

@Anacybele, try using B!Ike as a tanker in Light season. Give him a Light blessing (legendary blessings are not useful anymore), have a support unit with him with some Drives, maybe Shove/Smite and Links. Your B!Ike has DC? Could you give it to him, if not? That would make it better. I use him in Astra season and just let him in enemies range so he can counter-kill. I have B!Lucina with him, but since you don't have her, maybe someone with Infantry Pulse (forgot to check the pics to see if you have it), if you go the DC route. That is a way to start building, focus on investing in one good team that can get most of the work done, then focus on the same for the other season

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Rinco said:

try using B!Ike as a tanker in Light season. Give him a Light blessing (legendary blessings are not useful anymore), have a support unit with him with some Drives, maybe Shove/Smite and Links. Your B!Ike has DC? Could you give it to him, if not? That would make it better. I use him in Astra season and just let him in enemies range so he can counter-kill. I have B!Lucina with him, but since you don't have her, maybe someone with Infantry Pulse (forgot to check the pics to see if you have it), if you go the DC route. That is a way to start building, focus on investing in one good team that can get most of the work done, then focus on the same for the other season

I have. Has made some difference, but not enough. I still lose a lot. I don't have DC fodder, no. Brave Ike himself and Marisa are my only Infantry Pulse users, I believe.

Edited by Anacybele

Infantry Breath*, sorry mixed those up. Someone with that can help Ike proc Aether every combat to stay healthy and do more dmg to the unit attacking.

Who have you tried using with Ike? What skills does he have right now?

15 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Infantry Breath*, sorry mixed those up. Someone with that can help Ike proc Aether every combat to stay healthy and do more dmg to the unit attacking.

Who have you tried using with Ike? What skills does he have right now?

A few other highly merged units like female Robin, Silas, Frederick, Reinhardt, etc. Also refreshers.

His skillset is Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Special Spiral, Infantry Pulse, and the seal he uses varies, but right now he has Atk/Res Bond there.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A few other highly merged units like female Robin, Silas, Frederick, Reinhardt, etc. Also refreshers.

His skillset is Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Special Spiral, Infantry Pulse, and the seal he uses varies, but right now he has Atk/Res Bond there.

Hm... what others Infantry units you use with Ike that can be helped by Infantry Pulse, because depending of the situation you could change his C skill, since Infantry Pulse on Ike doesn't help him at all.

You could find a way to grant in combat buffs to Ike as well. Male Corrin, for example. His refined Yato grants +4 to all stats to the support partner, so if Ike and Corrin have S support, and Corrin is adjacent to Ike, Corrin will grant Atk/Spd/Def/Res+6 to Ike, which can become +9 if Corrin has the Spur Atk/Spd + Spur Def/Res combo.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That doesn't seem like a good team, tho.

Ideally you want 1 or 2 Eirs/Nagas and the rest of the units with the respective blessing. I would have Ike, his support unit (Male Corrin or original Marth can work well) and a bonus unit with the 2 Mythics and, if you don't have 2, you can put another support unit. 
Ike's C skill could be swapped for Atk Smoke, that helps him tank better. His team mates could have Drive Atk and Drive Def or Drive Res seals, Chills. You kinda don't need other units to attack, just to support Ike who would do the heavy lifting. Eirs patch his bad Res and help with healing between rounds with her C skill.

I can try to record a video of how I go with him tomorrow when the season changes. Mine has DC, but you just need to take care of the ranged enemies on player phase with him since yours doesn't have DC

Just now, Rinco said:

Been doing good for me in stuff like arena though. But I admit AR is another ballpark, so yeah.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Ideally you want 1 or 2 Eirs/Nagas and the rest of the units with the respective blessing. I would have Ike, his support unit (Male Corrin or original Marth can work well) and a bonus unit with the 2 Mythics and, if you don't have 2, you can put another support unit. 
Ike's C skill could be swapped for Atk Smoke, that helps him tank better. His team mates could have Drive Atk and Drive Def or Drive Res seals, Chills. You kinda don't need other units to attack, just to support Ike who would do the heavy lifting. Eirs patch his bad Res and help with healing between rounds with her C skill.

I can try to record a video of how I go with him tomorrow when the season changes. Mine has DC, but you just need to take care of the ranged enemies on player phase with him since yours doesn't have DC

I don't have two Eirs or two Nagas and I don't care to. I'd rather save my orbs for units I don't have or units I want to merge. Atk Smoke isn't too hard to get, I think. I can consider it.

Light and Astra Mythics are pretty necessary to do well in the mode, unfortunately. The difference in scoring is too much to ignore, and their effects make it much easier to play. +10 HP and +10 Def/Res is too good.

If you wait till it happens to have a Mythic you like with one of those blessings, you'll have a hard time till then. This mode is meant to play with Mythics on your team.

Light and Astra Mythics are pretty necessary to do well in the mode, unfortunately. The difference in scoring is too much to ignore, and their effects make it much easier to play. +10 HP and +10 Def/Res is too good.

If you wait till it happens to have a Mythic you like with one of those blessings, you'll have a hard time till then. This mode is meant to play with Mythics on your team.

It's not impossible to reach Tier 21 with only 1 Mythic Hero, but it's pretty hard. You basically need to be perfect in each match to reach Tier 21.

Two Eirs/Nagas make the way to Tier 21 way easier.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's not impossible to reach Tier 21 with only 1 Mythic Hero, but it's pretty hard. You basically need to be perfect in each match to reach Tier 21.

Two Eirs/Nagas make the way to Tier 21 way easier.

Yeah. But Ana said she didn't have any and don't care for them, so it makes the mode pretty impossible after a certain point.

It's not only the Lift boost, but the stats they give are pretty important on the matches.

I'm thinking her problem is not at all in gameplay or units but in mindset with the mode itself

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I know they're necessary. I didn't say I didn't want to use them. I just don't want to have to use two of the same ones.

You can do it with just 1, but it's a lot harder.

Try out next light season: Eir, B!Ike, support (Male Corrin, OG Marth, Kaden or stuff like that), bonus unit and another unit of your choice that could pick up what Ike can't kill because of no DC.

Eir, the bonus and the extra could carry Chill seals, the support could run double Drives (C and Seal) and Ike can run Quick Riposte seal

Yeah. But Ana said she didn't have any and don't care for them, so it makes the mode pretty impossible after a certain point.

It's not only the Lift boost, but the stats they give are pretty important on the matches.

I'm thinking her problem is not at all in gameplay or units but in mindset with the mode itself

If I understood it right, she only have one Mythic.

But yeah, I am not sure if she is playing the mode with the right mindset. Sometimes units that we use outside AR don't work in AR.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If I understood it right, she only have one Mythic.

But yeah, I am not sure if she is playing the mode with the right mindset. Sometimes units that we use outside AR don't work in AR.

There’s also the problem that Ana refuses to use any character she doesn’t like, which heavily limits her resources. You’ll never convince her to use, much less build, any version of Micaiah, Lucina, Tharja or Camilla. 

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

There’s also the problem that Ana refuses to use any character she doesn’t like, which heavily limits her resources. You’ll never convince her to use, much less build, any version of Micaiah, Lucina, Tharja or Camilla. 

"heavily limits resources" but only names four characters out of several hundred. Yeah, that heavily limits me alright. 😕

Also...where did I say I did not have any mythics? I said I didn't have TWO Eirs or Nagas, not that I didn't have them at all. I have one of each. :facepalm:

Edited by Anacybele

I don't like Eir and not using her would indeed severely limit me. It's not about how many characters, but if you refuse to build units that can actually help you in the mode when you have the ability to do so, it will hinder you~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

I don't like Eir and not using her would indeed severely limit me. It's not about how many characters, but if you refuse to build units that can actually help you in the mode when you have the ability to do so, it will hinder you~

I DID NOT SAY I WOULDN'T USE EIR. Why do people keep assuming this?

Also, Heroes should be a game that's about using your favorites. Not a game that forces you to use only certain ones out of a crapload if you want to be a good player. That is not good design at all.

Edited by Anacybele

"heavily limits resources" but only names four characters out of several hundred. Yeah, that heavily limits me alright. 😕

Any Micaiah is great or AR, especially Dancer Micaiah and Brave Micaiah. Lucina is also great, with Legendary Lucina for defense and Brave Lucina for Offensive (I lost count how many times I lost to a Brave Ike + Brave Lucina combo). Tharja is also amazing, with her Blade Tome with Lull Atk/Spd type effect. I don't know much about Camilla since I don't use her, but she can be great of flier ball teams.

SOmetimes we need to use units that is not in our "like" list, so we can reach better results.

Any Micaiah is great or AR, especially Dancer Micaiah and Brave Micaiah. Lucina is also great, with Legendary Lucina for defense and Brave Lucina for Offensive (I lost count how many times I lost to a Brave Ike + Brave Lucina combo). Tharja is also amazing, with her Blade Tome with Lull Atk/Spd type effect. I don't know much about Camilla since I don't use her, but she can be great of flier ball teams.

SOmetimes we need to use units that is not in our "like" list, so we can reach better results.

Pretty sure there are other units that are just as good or perhaps better. I'd argue that Cherche is better than Camilla, actually.

Edited by Anacybele

I DID NOT SAY I WOULDN'T USE EIR. Why do people keep assuming this?

Also, Heroes should be a game that's about using your favorites. Not a game that forces you to use only certain ones out of a crapload if you want to be a good player. That is not good design at all.

I used Eir as an example for me, if you read the post. I don't know who you use or don't use~

You can do perfectly fine in any mode using your favorites as long as they're properly built to take on the appropriate meta. But your favorites aren't going to excel in in every mode. Sometimes you need to use others to get the job done~

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I used Eir as an example for me, if you read the post. I don't know who you use or don't use~

You can do perfectly fine in any mode using your favorites as long as they're properly built to take on the appropriate meta. But your favorites aren't going to excel in in every mode. Sometimes you need to use others to get the job done~

The post didn't make that clear to me, sorry.

And yes, I understand that. I've used a few units I dislike in modes like SA and AA. Those are the only areas where the regular Lucina and regular Micaiah I do have get any use, for instance.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Pretty sure there are other units that are just as good or perhaps better. I'd argue that Cherche is better than Camilla, actually.

Yeah, I would say Cherche is better than Camilla. It's easier to defeat her, thought, since she has more Def than Res, so mages can easily defeat her, and her Spd is terrible.

But for the others cases, it's hard to compare. No one else can do what Brave Lucina and Legendary Lucina can. Yune can debuff like Brave Micaiah, but Micaiah can be used in Offensive without affect your score, something that Yune cannot. And Micaiah's debuffs are better than Yune's, since Yune has Saborate Res with Micaiah's affect Atk and Spd.

I like Silas, but I am not sure if he is good for AR. Same for Fred.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

The post didn't make that clear to me, sorry.

And yes, I understand that. I've used a few units I dislike in modes like SA and AA. Those are the only areas where the regular Lucina and regular Micaiah I do have get any use, for instance.

And you're free to do that but Micaiah is an amazing unit that can make your matches much easier in AR. You can choose not to use her if you want but the unit is right there and not even that hard to build to function well in AR. If you're going to refuse to use her, then you have to come up with something else that works for you.

Yeah, I would say Cherche is better than Camilla. It's easier to defeat her, thought, since she has more Def than Res, so mages can easily defeat her, and her Spd is terrible.

But for the others cases, it's hard to compare. No one else can do what Brave Lucina and Legendary Lucina can. Yune can debuff like Brave Micaiah, but Micaiah can be used in Offensive without affect your score, something that Yune cannot. And Micaiah's debuffs are better than Yune's, since Yune has Saborate Res with Micaiah's affect Atk and Spd.

I like Silas, but I am not sure if he is good for AR. Same for Fred.

Remember though, I'm looking for help on winning offensive battles. I'm not worried about defense teams right now. So even if Silas or Frederick or Cherche aren't the best for defensive teams, they could be used in offensive ones, maybe.