Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

7 points from getting into Tier 24. Grr. arg. 

Re: Camilla v Cherche. 
I think something people forget is Camilla's refine. that's a Godsend for me in my defense/offense set up. (i also find Camilla is a better mixed duelist. Cherche is just plain. "Imma gonna murder you dead." (I need more feathers LOL i wanna get her done). But Cherche can be blasted out of the sky by most mages/healers unless she's warded to death (to be fair, mine is only +1 and no Flowers yet, but i mean.... it feels like she can). 

Re: Hawkeye. (I might do this for future ARness. I have Two Nailah books. and I hate her guts. she sucks at her one job . (to be fair. Sal's Nailah is pretty good. but she's like +10 with the Flowers). 

Getting to tier 21 w/1 Eir (or one Naga). It's dooable. 
I got into tier 21, with a team of Eir, Myrrh(+2 then), Lazura, Yune, Bride Fjorm and alternating between Bow HInoka and Aversa (neither of them merged heavily into). 
i think i even lost a match  and one or two battles lost some units. but it is dooable. 

for me (right now) while i slowly try to find more feathers, i live and die by my pity breakers and my fliers. Light Season is okay. Astra season is harder. and i am in biiig trouble once i see how many people got Leifs. (and had extra CC floating around). I feel that this is the mode they really are promoting so i've really just decided to take it slowly and I'll be better, and work on things i can control(ie:my defense) while i work on my offense. 

2 hours ago, Jave said:

If only it was this easy to win AR. 

this made me laugh probably harder than it should have. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

7 points from getting into Tier 24. Grr. arg. 

Re: Camilla v Cherche. 
I think something people forget is Camilla's refine. that's a Godsend for me in my defense/offense set up. (i also find Camilla is a better mixed duelist. Cherche is just plain. "Imma gonna murder you dead." (I need more feathers LOL i wanna get her done). But Cherche can be blasted out of the sky by most mages/healers unless she's warded to death (to be fair, mine is only +1 and no Flowers yet, but i mean.... it feels like she can). 

Re: Hawkeye. (I might do this for future ARness. I have Two Nailah books. and I hate her guts. she sucks at her one job . (to be fair. Sal's Nailah is pretty good. but she's like +10 with the Flowers). 

Getting to tier 21 w/1 Eir (or one Naga). It's dooable. 
I got into tier 21, with a team of Eir, Myrrh(+2 then), Lazura, Yune, Bride Fjorm and alternating between Bow HInoka and Aversa (neither of them merged heavily into). 
i think i even lost a match  and one or two battles lost some units. but it is dooable. 

for me (right now) while i slowly try to find more feathers, i live and die by my pity breakers and my fliers. Light Season is okay. Astra season is harder. and i am in biiig trouble once i see how many people got Leifs. (and had extra CC floating around). I feel that this is the mode they really are promoting so i've really just decided to take it slowly and I'll be better, and work on things i can control(ie:my defense) while i work on my offense. 

this made me laugh probably harder than it should have. 

I assume Both +10 Camilla and Cherche in my post. And even then, Cherche(and Beruka) need that Res Bond 4 skill. Camilla and Cherche provide different roles besides their frontline utility. for me, the Bond 4 skill was just to expensive at the time and I had a +1 Camilla lying around. =] Easy choice.  Her refine essentially gives Est Death blow 3 on my flier ball, which is great.

I understand that Nailah at base pretty much sucks, he Res is way too low. I just love Nailah as a character, so for me it was a great value banner to have her on a hero fest. I have one copy left over.  I am unsure who to use it on though. Hawkeye is a possibility. I like him as well. Not gonna use Donnel, even though he;s the best for it. Leavatein at base could work, but I would rather use it on a mergable character. Then there is Eirika, since she;s possible to combo with kaden. But then  we have panic ruining that strat. Maybe I will just sit on it for a while longer.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The point should be to build different units and teams to handle different threats so there's not one or two units that are OP compared to others. I don't have just one main team for every mode in the game or anything. I have a few main teams and if I need something else besides them, I look for something.

Super tank teams are designed to handle most defense teams. It will not handle everything, but it should be good enough to win against most defense teams that are not specifically designed to counter it.

I think Frederick and Silas are okay as super tanks since skills and Light Blessing with Eir will make up some of the slack in Res, but they will NOT be cheap to build and they will have less coverage than other super tanks due to their crappy Res. I lean towards Silas since he is blue as it synergizes better with M!Corrin.

Spoiler

This is NOT a cheap build, but if you insist on using your favorites to climb, this is how much you will need to expect to spend. I highlighted 5* exclusive skills in red. 

Silas +10 +5 Summoner Support
+Spd
Barrier Lance [Res]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd
Pulse Smoke

Distant Def — Atk Smoke
Light Blessing with 1 Eir

With 2 M!Corrins with 2 Drive Spds and 2 Drive Atks, it should bring Silas to 53 effective Spd and 55+ Def/Res, and just over 70 Atk. He probably will not handle Ophelia and other Blazing mages too well unless Pulse Smoke can somehow go off before hand, but he should be able to tank things like SK!Alm and Blade mages.

Edited by XRay

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I have Two Nailah books. and I hate her guts. she sucks at her one job .

Brave Lucina support makes her decent at counter-killing staffies, and she's always been good at providing Distant Counter + Null C-Disrupt fodder, so I'm not sure what job she's sucking at here.

I don't think she was ever meant to be a real NONE SHALL PASS tank.

12 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I'll focus some things on Offense first in that case, but from your summary of the defense team I made up there, I can already see you don;t understand the concepts of skill synergies, so expect me to explain a lot in the upcoming post. I'll go over the common strategies that offense players use, and things you should definitely employ in your own matches.  Big summary will be at the bottom, but please do read all my replies to the quotes below.

Also, when I made that team, I looked at your barracks, I noted one skill (ground orders) that you did not have. you have all other skills I listed, including mirror impact. It;s on Summer Leavatein.

I know what skill synergy is. I just don't see how Brave Ike and Klein could possibly synergize well.

Oh, I don't know how I didn't remember Summer Laevatein having that. But I certainly do not have fodder for any of those skills. I'm not foddering a unit I've already built at lv. 40, especially a good one. That's just dumb.

13 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Going to group these two posts together. I understand you don't like using two Naga or 2 Eir. I however, highly advise you to summon for either one more Eir, or one more Naga when they next appear. Using two mythics such as Eir or Naga raises you lift from 140 to 160 if you have the other three units blessed appropriately and are using a bonus unit. (Eir + Bonus and 4 Light blessing = 140, Eir x2 + bonus with 3 Light blessings = 160)

After you reach T21 you can either fodder The Eir/naga for mystic boost or chill speed or something, and use 1 mythic to just coast in T21. You could also merge the mythic. the 160 lift is a huge difference for not even a months worth of free orbs on average. And when you get to T21 you shouldn't need a second mythic anymore just to maintain the tier. 

So, Tl;dr  get a second mythic for Light or Astra, use it until you get T21, then go back to using 1 mythic and coast at T21/22.

And that is something I think is not worth it. I'm not trying to get to the highest tiers. I'm just trying to win more often. I don't care about getting to tier 21. I'll definitely try for newer Light and Astra mythics that get added later if I really want though. Because yeah, the lift difference is big, you're right. And that'd make it easier to at least stay in the tier I'm in.

15 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Cherche and Camilla are both good AR-D units, Cherche requires more investment however, she needs ATK/Res Bond 4 to function properly, since that cancels out her main weakness, her very low Res stat. It gives a great buff and ignores all penalties on her Res. Camilla on the other hand only needs merges and Flierball related skills such as Flier formation and Ward fliers. Cherche needs those as well, and she needs the Tier 4 skill. Camilla is also better with Yune, as she benefits greatly from the Spd bonus she gets.  

Beruka is also a good frontline unit, since she shuts down Galeforce, she however also wants the Atk/Res Bond 4 skills to cover her weakness to magic. They all function as a frontline, and depending on your other fliers in your flierball you may prefer one of the other. Camilla is definitely the cheapest though. 

On offense Camilla is a great support units if you go in with 5 fliers. Cherche is the carry unit however, she needs to be the one going in instead of supporting. Camilla is able to soak multiple chills from your main tank if built properly, so she has some additional advantages as far as that goes.

Cherche is the only one of these three I have at 5 star though. For a flier ball team, I was thinking Cherche, Elincia (since I recently got a +Spd one and she's now +4), legendary Azura, flying Nino, Summer Corrin (I gave her a Blarblade build awhile back and she's got a merge), and Kinshi Hinoka (she's +4 too) and getting them all to synergize. This would be a defense team though, since it's six units. For offense, I'd probably reduce that to Elincia, Nino, Azura, and Hinoka or Corrin.

19 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Going to group these together as well. As said by many people before, most damage on AR defense maps is magical based. More so on Astra since Naga gives defence, whereas Eir gives Res. 

And surviving some mages is not good enough. A well built defense team, which most at this level are, have great coverage. This means that defense units are positioned in such a way that their attack ranges overlap. For example, Lilina, Nino and Ophelia can be positioned in such a way that they all have the same reach, if you want to tank with Frederick, Lilina smashes him, if you try Silas, Nino nukes him. 

Sometimes it may seem like only Nino would be able to hit you if you tanked from the maximum reach, but then ophelia rallies her teammate, gets danced, and suddenly she can also reach that space, and she obliterates your Silas because she has Blazing wind ready and has over 70 attack. He's not going to live that. 

So this isn;t just matching colour to colour like in Arena assault. There are skills to take into account, and if you don;t understand how the AI works, it may seem unfair and P2W, but the game follows a strict set of rules and is almost always predictable*.  Skills are so much more important than colours in AR. My team has 3 green units, and it does not matter at all. I win 90% of my defenses on average. People have tried red, blue and colourless tanks, green as well, but it is the skills that make the team work. Yune, Camilla and Reyson are my green units. Reyson is a dancer, who flies and can;t be baited on turn one. Camilla is a frontline tank, who supports the rest with Ward fliers and her Axe. Yune has nothing left of her base kit. She runs spectral tome, so panic all the units that try and tank with 7/7/7/7 buffs. She attacks first, and turns those +7's into -7's. that is a 14 point difference, so that red supertank Tiki they put there, she went from having 55 defence to 41, she also had chill defense on her, so that's 34 defense. Then my Est sweeps in with 65 attack and does 40x4 damage. good luck with living that. If they try to use Brave Ike? Oh too bad, my aversa has hardy bearing and triangle adept and she ORKO's him, even when he is on a defense tile. Want to try a colourless unit, ok, Fallen Corrin walks up, Yune panics her again, and in comes Eir with Cloud maiougi, that's effective damage, she;s dead. 

It isn't safe to tank a setup like that. And since tanking is the most commonly used strat, most defense team try and combat that. You can;t build a defense team to tank every kind of unit, mine needs the TA Aversa to kill Ike, and that hurts Aversa's Hp pool, so her weapon is less useful. changing it gave me more wins though, so it;s a good investment.

*(The AI is 99% predictable, there is only one thing we cannot know for sure, and that is in what order the units of a defence team are placed. this affects who moves first, but this is usually easily deducted from the defense team layout.) 

This is all fine and dandy, but again, I'm not trying to improve my defense team, I'm trying to improve my offensive win rate.

20 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

The mode is not pay to win. As stated before, plenty people, who are F2P, reach T27 every week. Sure, front page won;t be possible for f2P players more often than not, since whales do have 190 lift with their 3 +10 Eirs. So they can score higher, but if the rewards max out at top 1000, and only 30-50 people have spent so much that they have summoned 33 Eirs, there is still plenty of space for the rest, including F2P players. So yeah, Whales will be at the top, ut the top has room for thousands more people, so who cares? the rewards for being #1 and being #1000 are the same. Even #3000 has almost just as many rewards.

Ok, So this will be it for now, didn;t get to your offense team. Still have to do Arena assault, so that has priority. Will be back after that to look at some offense team comps. Will explain them first, then suggest some options.

Those are insanely skilled players though, which I'm not and surely couldn't ever be. I'm more or less average overall. Below average in this particular mode, it seems...

And that's fine, do what you need to.

13 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I understand that Nailah at base pretty much sucks, he Res is way too low. I just love Nailah as a character, so for me it was a great value banner to have her on a hero fest. I have one copy left over.  I am unsure who to use it on though. Hawkeye is a possibility. I like him as well. Not gonna use Donnel, even though he;s the best for it. Leavatein at base could work, but I would rather use it on a mergable character. Then there is Eirika, since she;s possible to combo with kaden. But then  we have panic ruining that strat. Maybe I will just sit on it for a while longer.

Donnel is the best? really?
LOL yah i've had your Nailah a lot in VG and i am like yah you're kinda spiffy. then i use mine and i'm like.. i curse you. haha. but i get it. you've gotta merge your favs even if they have great fodder. if i get more hildas. they got into the Merge bin, not the "ooh, Null fodder!" bin. 

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Lucina support makes her decent at counter-killing staffies, and she's always been good at providing Distant Counter + Null C-Disrupt fodder, so I'm not sure what job she's sucking at here.

I don't think she was ever meant to be a real NONE SHALL PASS tank.

well i don't need her to be a NONE SHALL PASS tank, but i'd reckon she should be able to take out a barely built veronica. that's her job. and she sucks. 
hence. why she is fodder. which is what i said. 

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Super tank teams are designed to handle most defense teams. It will not handle everything, but it should be good enough to win against most defense teams that are not specifically designed to counter it.

I think Frederick and Silas are okay as super tanks since skills and Light Blessing with Eir will make up some of the slack in Res, but they will NOT be cheap to build and they will have less coverage than other super tanks due to their crappy Res. I lean towards Silas since he is blue as it synergizes better with M!Corrin.

Reveal hidden contents

This is NOT a cheap build, but if you insist on using your favorites to climb, this is how much you will need to expect to spend. I highlighted 5* exclusive skills in red. 

Silas +10 +5 Summoner Support
+Spd
Barrier Lance [Res]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Lull Atk/Spd
Pulse Smoke

Distant Def — Atk Smoke
Light Blessing with 1 Eir

With 2 M!Corrins with 2 Drive Spds and 2 Drive Atks, it should bring Silas to 53 effective Spd and 55+ Def/Res, and just over 70 Atk. He probably will not handle Ophelia and other Blazing mages too well unless Pulse Smoke can somehow go off before hand, but he should be able to tank things like SK!Alm and Blade mages.

Yeah, that would be too expensive to go with at the time being. I guess I'll have to ignore him and Freddy right now for this mode. At least I can use them elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know what skill synergy is. I just don't see how Brave Ike and Klein could possibly synergize well.

Oh, I don't know how I didn't remember Summer Laevatein having that. But I certainly do not have fodder for any of those skills. I'm not foddering a unit I've already built at lv. 40, especially a good one. That's just dumb.

And that is something I think is not worth it. I'm not trying to get to the highest tiers. I'm just trying to win more often. I don't care about getting to tier 21. I'll definitely try for newer Light and Astra mythics that get added later if I really want though. Because yeah, the lift difference is big, you're right. And that'd make it easier to at least stay in the tier I'm in.

Cherche is the only one of these three I have at 5 star though. For a flier ball team, I was thinking Cherche, Elincia (since I recently got a +Spd one and she's now +4), legendary Azura, flying Nino, Summer Corrin (I gave her a Blarblade build awhile back and she's got a merge), and Kinshi Hinoka (she's +4 too) and getting them all to synergize. This would be a defense team though, since it's six units. For offense, I'd probably reduce that to Elincia, Nino, Azura, and Hinoka or Corrin.

This is all fine and dandy, but again, I'm not trying to improve my defense team, I'm trying to improve my offensive win rate.

Those are insanely skilled players though, which I'm not and surely couldn't ever be. I'm more or less average overall. Below average in this particular mode, it seems...

And that's fine, do what you need to.

I'll be replying to these all with numbers listed:

1:

If you knew what skill synergy was, you'd be able to see what the defense team I whipped up with Klein and ike would be able to do besides "some wings of mercy stuff". That team can do the following: 

Sothis: Sublime Surge/Swap/Sirius/HP+5/Guard/Infantry Pulse/HP Atk 2

Yune: Spectral Tome+/-/Moonbow/Sturdy Impact/Wings of Mercy/Ground Orders(Bridal Fjorm is coming on a legendary banner soon)/Chill Atk

Ninian: Lightning breath+/Dance/Miracle/HP+5/Wings of Mercy/Infantry Pulse/HP+5

HF!Elincia: Cloud Maiougi/Dance/Moonbow/HP+5/Wings of Mercy/Infantry Pulse/HP+5

Klein: Argent Bow/Rally Res/Glacies/Mirror Impact/Lull spd def/pulse smoke/Hardy Bearing

B!Ike: Urvan/Swap/Miracle/Distant Counter/Special Spiral/Infantry Pulse/Def Res Bond

Sothis and Ike are frontline tanks, able to soak some hits and stall out the team. They are big Hp sponges that provide infantry pulse charges to the carries. Sothis has Guard to make it harder for galeforce teams to rip through your team on turn one, Ike has a lowered Miracle charge and because of his refine, he'll probably get his special charged before he is taken out.  This make him a great Wings of mercy beacon if people want to engage turn one, before your specials of your team are charged.

Yune is a core component. With ground orders, all adjacent units (Klein in this case) can teleport to units two spaces away. this allows Klein to use his AOE rally by moving forward, he then gets danced and has additional range. When he engages he ignores visible enemy buffs and come at them with a charged Glacies and over 70 attack. That's over a 100 damage, so pretty much nothing can survive that. he has hardy bearing to counter units like B!Ike and pulse smoke shuts down the offense player even more. Panic smoke works as well. His impact skill gives him a better chane to stay alive if the enemy survives, letting other wings of mercy dancers come in and make things even worse.

if the enemy is buffed to the max, with kaden and bonus double support, Yune can attack them and remove all buffs with panic status. Then klein has an even easier time. 

All the Hp skills, especiallu the ones on Ninian, are not only good for infantry pulse, they also make it harder for Bridal Fjorm to silence her, so she can still dance.

And this is without setup and buildings taken into account. So no, trust me when I say you don;t know about skill synergies. If you did, you would have been able to see this and explain to me how the team works.  So, "All I can see that you're doing with this team here though, is Wings of Mercy shenanigans." was all you had to say about it, that;s so barebones. You should learn about what kind of defense teams exist, and how they work. Because currently, your knowledge is clearly not up to snuff. If you disagree, i can make a new Defense team and ask you to explain the idea behind the team again. If you know your stuff, prove that you have the knowledge required.

2:

Foddering a unit that you have is the only way to build unit. I like Henry, but for my teams, I needed spectral tome+ from H!Henry, so I saved orbs to get two copies. You are talking about having 200 units and wanting us to pick the ones that can work for your offense. The thing is, you will need to build units to make them work in AR. Just like in Arena where you need to teach units high scoring skills, AR requires certain builds, like Galeforce build, CC vantage build or tank builds. 

To make a good offense team, you will have to fodder off units. If you hardly ever use S!Leavatein (which I assume is the case since you don;t know her skills), her skill would be much better used on a unit that you use often. You can't expect to be able to sweep AR offense with base kits. Work with what you have, and build good offense units. Not using the resources avaiable to you and complaining you can;t win at the same time is just dumb. 

3: 

If you don;t want to get to T21, why post at all in that case? You are T20, you've been able to maintain it. If you reached your goal, there is no reason to complain. If you are not satisfied with your current rank, use the resources you have. The weirdest part to me here is, if you just want to stay T21, you only need to get two eirs and two naga's. then you have so much more lift you can just win once every three days and still be safe. It would make the time you would have to spend on AR even less. Since you hate this mode, why not do what it wants by getting 2 mythics for every season, doing a quick match once every three days amnd ignore it.  you seem to want to spend the least amount of time on AR, so here's a simple calculation for you: More mythic = less time needed on AR. 

4: 

For offense and defense, all 5 or 6 of those would need the flier formation B skill. Elincia has it at base I believe. the other ones need to inherit it from S!Loki. So that's 80K feather required at minimum.

5:

I wasn;t trying to make a defense team for you, I was using my defense team as an example to show why tanking with frederick or Silas will not work. You can try it by adding me (FC in my signature) And then tank my team with fred or silas. I use a mapp with defense tiles, so they can be even tankier. I also use only yune and Aversa for magic, the rest is all physical, So try either one and see how it goes.  My map is a great example of why colour overlap and coverage works as a defense tactic. That was the message.

6:

Yeah, those are skilled players, that's the whole point, we're trying to teach you how to get there. But you seem to not want to do anything with any advice. Everything I wrote in my big post was there to help, and you refuted pretty much everything.

@daisy jane I tried using Kronya's bullshit against your defense team and VS!Azura attacks Kronya instead of Singing to Ophelia, so I guess maybe run Fortress Def or something to lower the Atk on VS!Azura.

Offense Team:

Spoiler

Kronya +2 +3
Athame
Reposition
Noontime
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow
Fierce Stance
Astra Blessing

AMH!Hector
+HP -Res
Conjurer Curios
(No Assist; probably Swap or Reciprocal Aid)
Bonfire
Distant Counter
(No B)
(No C)
(No Sacred Seal)
Astra Blessing

AMH!Hector
+HP -Spd
Conjurer Curios
Bonfire
Distant Counter
(No B)
(No C)
(No Sacred Seal)
Astra Blessing

Naga
+HP -Def
Divine Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
AR-O Atk/Spd
(No B)
Divine Fang
(No Sacred Seal)

Naga +1
+Atk -Spd
Divine Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
AR-O Atk/Spd
Chill Spd
Divine Fang
Atk/Def

Once I get the pictures to be on Imgur, it should show my moves in the spoilers. I Repositioned my Kronya forward with my left Naga, then move my right Naga up, and then I used both my AMH!Hectors to sap the fighting spirits of your team with Lilina acting all cute and cuddly.

Turn 1

Spoiler

LlruHmv.png

1SYhfGs.png

5qhO8qs.png

JUlrDot.png

d34OTYq.png

Turn 2

Spoiler

BteuY5Q.png

gCbkApW.png

sp9h1R2.png

2pHpSaN.png

Turn 3

Spoiler

GhBHOC5.png

Okay, I got them all uploaded.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Sothis: Sublime Surge/Swap/Sirius/HP+5/Guard/Infantry Pulse/HP Atk 2

Yune: Spectral Tome+/-/Moonbow/Sturdy Impact/Wings of Mercy/Ground Orders(Bridal Fjorm is coming on a legendary banner soon)/Chill Atk

Ninian: Lightning breath+/Dance/Miracle/HP+5/Wings of Mercy/Infantry Pulse/HP+5

HF!Elincia: Cloud Maiougi/Dance/Moonbow/HP+5/Wings of Mercy/Infantry Pulse/HP+5

Klein: Argent Bow/Rally Res/Glacies/Mirror Impact/Lull spd def/pulse smoke/Hardy Bearing

B!Ike: Urvan/Swap/Miracle/Distant Counter/Special Spiral/Infantry Pulse/Def Res Bond

Sothis and Ike are frontline tanks, able to soak some hits and stall out the team. They are big Hp sponges that provide infantry pulse charges to the carries. Sothis has Guard to make it harder for galeforce teams to rip through your team on turn one, Ike has a lowered Miracle charge and because of his refine, he'll probably get his special charged before he is taken out.  This make him a great Wings of mercy beacon if people want to engage turn one, before your specials of your team are charged.

Yune is a core component. With ground orders, all adjacent units (Klein in this case) can teleport to units two spaces away. this allows Klein to use his AOE rally by moving forward, he then gets danced and has additional range. When he engages he ignores visible enemy buffs and come at them with a charged Glacies and over 70 attack. That's over a 100 damage, so pretty much nothing can survive that. he has hardy bearing to counter units like B!Ike and pulse smoke shuts down the offense player even more. Panic smoke works as well. His impact skill gives him a better chane to stay alive if the enemy survives, letting other wings of mercy dancers come in and make things even worse.

if the enemy is buffed to the max, with kaden and bonus double support, Yune can attack them and remove all buffs with panic status. Then klein has an even easier time. 

All the Hp skills, especiallu the ones on Ninian, are not only good for infantry pulse, they also make it harder for Bridal Fjorm to silence her, so she can still dance.

And this is without setup and buildings taken into account. So no, trust me when I say you don;t know about skill synergies. If you did, you would have been able to see this and explain to me how the team works.  So, "All I can see that you're doing with this team here though, is Wings of Mercy shenanigans." was all you had to say about it, that;s so barebones. You should learn about what kind of defense teams exist, and how they work. Because currently, your knowledge is clearly not up to snuff. If you disagree, i can make a new Defense team and ask you to explain the idea behind the team again. If you know your stuff, prove that you have the knowledge required.

I said I knew what skill synergy was, not that I was an expert at it. 😕 Anyway, I understand what you're saying here. Also, why is your text grayed?

10 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

2:

Foddering a unit that you have is the only way to build unit. I like Henry, but for my teams, I needed spectral tome+ from H!Henry, so I saved orbs to get two copies. You are talking about having 200 units and wanting us to pick the ones that can work for your offense. The thing is, you will need to build units to make them work in AR. Just like in Arena where you need to teach units high scoring skills, AR requires certain builds, like Galeforce build, CC vantage build or tank builds. 

To make a good offense team, you will have to fodder off units. If you hardly ever use S!Leavatein (which I assume is the case since you don;t know her skills), her skill would be much better used on a unit that you use often. You can't expect to be able to sweep AR offense with base kits. Work with what you have, and build good offense units. Not using the resources avaiable to you and complaining you can;t win at the same time is just dumb. 

And if I had extra copies, I would fodder them. But I have so many units, of course not all get a lot of use. But that doesn't mean I want to get rid of them. I like Laevatein, so I intend to keep her. If I ever get extra copies of the units you think I should fodder, I'll do so.

11 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

3: 

If you don;t want to get to T21, why post at all in that case? You are T20, you've been able to maintain it. If you reached your goal, there is no reason to complain. If you are not satisfied with your current rank, use the resources you have. The weirdest part to me here is, if you just want to stay T21, you only need to get two eirs and two naga's. then you have so much more lift you can just win once every three days and still be safe. It would make the time you would have to spend on AR even less. Since you hate this mode, why not do what it wants by getting 2 mythics for every season, doing a quick match once every three days amnd ignore it.  you seem to want to spend the least amount of time on AR, so here's a simple calculation for you: More mythic = less time needed on AR. 

Because I'm constantly losing, and I fear that if this keeps up, there may be a point where I actually won't be able to maintain my tier. And it took me long enough to make tier 20.

11 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

4: 

For offense and defense, all 5 or 6 of those would need the flier formation B skill. Elincia has it at base I believe. the other ones need to inherit it from S!Loki. So that's 80K feather required at minimum.

It's a seal too though. Couldn't I also use that?

5:

I wasn;t trying to make a defense team for you, I was using my defense team as an example to show why tanking with frederick or Silas will not work. You can try it by adding me (FC in my signature) And then tank my team with fred or silas. I use a mapp with defense tiles, so they can be even tankier. I also use only yune and Aversa for magic, the rest is all physical, So try either one and see how it goes.  My map is a great example of why colour overlap and coverage works as a defense tactic. That was the message.

Okay, fair enough. I understand.

6:

Yeah, those are skilled players, that's the whole point, we're trying to teach you how to get there. But you seem to not want to do anything with any advice. Everything I wrote in my big post was there to help, and you refuted pretty much everything.

Because just about all the advice I got is advice I can't use due to not having the resources. If I have them in the future, I'll use them.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

You will not improve your offensive wins by changing nothing and not doing serious investment. There is a Banner going on with Hector right now. You know some units of yours need DC so you need to set aside some Orbs to get it when the time comes. And DC comes around fairly often with L!Hector and Hrid always in the rotation.

The mindset you have is why you are not improving. If me and @daisy jane just sat here and wallowed in depression from losing, we would have never made T21. I'm sure many people in this thread remember when we were both also asking for help to get better in AR. We took their advice and we were able to climb that way by listening to people who had already made it at know what the meta is.

53 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Donnel is the best? really?

Casa Blanca, DC, Null-C, Atk Smoke, and DD3~ People schleep on Donnel but he's gr8~

12 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

You will not improve your offensive wins by changing nothing and not doing serious investment. There is a Banner going on with Hector right now. You know some units of yours need DC so you need to set aside some Orbs to get it when the time comes. And DC comes around fairly often with L!Hector and Hrid always in the rotation.

I don't have the orbs for that right now. I'm low. And I want to save them in case Shinon is on the farfetched heroes or whatever it's going to be called banner. Saw that he's a possible pick for it. Also, I'd have better luck going for a regular Hector on some other banner than trying for legendary Hector. Regular Hector should be appearing on a weekly revival banner or two, if memory serves.

EDIT: I just looked and regular Hector will be showing up on a revival banner this month, on the 17th. I'd rather wait and see if I have more orbs then.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have the orbs for that right now. I'm low. And I want to save them in case Shinon is on the farfetched heroes or whatever it's going to be called banner. Saw that he's a possible pick for it. Also, I'd have better luck going for a regular Hector on some other banner than trying for legendary Hector. Regular Hector should be appearing on a weekly revival banner or two, if memory serves.

EDIT: I just looked and regular Hector will be showing up on a revival banner this month, on the 17th. I'd rather wait and see if I have more orbs then.

That's another option, a good one for trying to get multiple copies~ I would suggest saving some Orbs for those Banners

Just now, Landmaster said:

That's another option, a good one for trying to get multiple copies~ I would suggest saving some Orbs for those Banners

theoretically. lol remember i got hosed on several of them?
4% is a LIIEEEEE. A LIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

The mindset you have is why you are not improving. If me and @daisy jane just sat here and wallowed in depression from losing, we would have never made T21. I'm sure many people in this thread remember when we were both also asking for help to get better in AR. We took their advice and we were able to climb that way by listening to people who had already made it at know what the meta is.

Casa Blanca, DC, Null-C, Atk Smoke, and DD3~ People schleep on Donnel but he's gr8~

Oh i know Donny is great. hehe i was just more curious how he'd benefit from null disrupt. 

I agree with this. 
Honestly. and I've said it before. it takes a hell of alot more effort to stay in tier 20 than it does to stay in tier 21. I don't even really think it needs all that work. she just needs one good week with the right bonus unit and going through things. once she's in 21, she can basically ignore it and do one battle a day and poof. easy peasy, lemon squeezy. 

and basically once you are in 21, getting to 22-24 isn't that much harder. and there are more rewards. 

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

@daisy jane I tried using Kronya's bullshit against your defense team and VS!Azura attacks Kronya instead of Singing to Ophelia, so I guess maybe run Fortress Def or something to lower the Atk on VS!Azura.

Offense Team:

Reveal hidden contents

Kronya +2 +3
Athame
Reposition
Noontime
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow
Fierce Stance
Astra Blessing

AMH!Hector
+HP -Res
Conjurer Curios
Bonfire
Distant Counter
(No B)
(No C)
(No Sacred Seal)
Astra Blessing

AMH!Hector
+HP -Spd
Conjurer Curios
Bonfire
Distant Counter
(No B)
(No C)
(No Sacred Seal)
Astra Blessing

Naga
+HP -Def
Divine Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
AR-O Atk/Spd
(No B)
Divine Fang
(No Sacred Seal)

Naga +1
+Atk -Spd
Divine Breath
Reposition
Moonbow
AR-O Atk/Spd
Chill Spd
Divine Fang
Atk/Def

Once I get the pictures to be on Imgur, it should show my moves in the spoilers. I Repositioned my Kronya forward with my left Naga, then move my right Naga up, and then I used both my AMH!Hectors to sap the fighting spirits of your team with Lilina acting all cute and cuddly.

Reveal hidden contents

well your just mean. why would you do something like that?! 😉

azura likes to be suicidal. but sometimes i need her to atk.so i don't know if that works or not. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well your just mean. why would you do something like that?! 😉

azura likes to be suicidal. but sometimes i need her to atk.so i don't know if that works or not. 

I wanted to test out how stupid AMH!Hector is, and when I went to mock battle, you were right below me in Friend ranking.

I also got all the pictures up now so you can see my moves.

Edited by XRay

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

theoretically. lol remember i got hosed on several of them?
4% is a LIIEEEEE. A LIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh i know Donny is great. hehe i was just more curious how he'd benefit from null disrupt. 

I agree with this. 
Honestly. and I've said it before. it takes a hell of alot more effort to stay in tier 20 than it does to stay in tier 21. I don't even really think it needs all that work. she just needs one good week with the right bonus unit and going through things. once she's in 21, she can basically ignore it and do one battle a day and poof. easy peasy, lemon squeezy. 

and basically once you are in 21, getting to 22-24 isn't that much harder. and there are more rewards. 

THEORETICALLY, LOL~

Yeah Null-C to stop the Dazzling honestly.

Yep, that's what I did~ Abused M!Kana's Season~ I think a lot of people do it that way, TBH, since there's always some F2P unit in the rotation~ Then just basically win once a day and T21 is easy to stay in~

@Usana

Yeah, I recognized that map immediately as soon as I saw it. I actually have mock battled you before. I dealt with that team promptly. My Matthew/Aversa/Eir team dealt with them. The -3 + Panic from Aversa brought Veronica into Matthew's double range (My Matt is +SPD! so 45 is his number!) so he dealt with everyone pretty quickly even without vantage after killing her. I think I might have lost Eir or one of my Aversas on the first EP but I finished them off on the 2nd turn.

If I didn't have Matt to throw at it though, I see a map like this being really frustrating. I've got to hand it to you. I really need to make a new defense team and base it around Matthew. I wonder how hard I could make him to kill...

I notice people like to run Miracle on Matt but that never works for me. Sol does the job nicely.

EDIT: And oh yeah, I made T25. 12,600 flat. Crazy. First time ever getting this high.

Edited by Zeo

@ZeoCongrats on your T25! And yeah your Matthew being +SPD was the big thing I was thinking of.  I have been actually wondering if I need to switch my Veronica over to the Speed+ skills and seal. I run those normally, but since she is one of my Vantage busters on this team and she is dealing with Eir boosting res I focused her attack in the hopes that someone can't quite push their res high enough to completely block her damage. It has the disadvantage of letting folks like your Matthew being able to easily eliminate her before she can fulfill her role though. That and she seems to prioritize healing a lot. I keep thinking I need to take her heal away from her. BAD Veronica! Healers aren't supposed to heal! You are supposed to people kill instead.

Blargh. My defense got hammered before I got home to change my bonus building. My math says that fortress parity would have netted me at least 1 more kill.  I may just have to get used to changing out my defense the day before and risk the loss, unless I am really close on a Tier threshold.

Offense wise hasn't gone much better. Seems like the game wants to hand me units that counter whatever my team of that season is using. Light season is my tank season. And Astra season is my DC-Vantage Keaton season. I already mentioned in other posts that I was running into a lot of teams my tank just couldn't handle last season, and can you guess what I get to face when I run DC-Vantage? Staffs. Staffs. Staffs. AND MORE STAFFS! ENTIRE TEAMS OF STAFFS. Seriously. If I had multiple teams and one was a Null C-Disrupt Raven these would be the easiest matchups ever. There is nothing but Staffs! Did Staffs come back in season? It is has been a while since I have seen entire teams comprised of Staffs with a dancer or two in the wings.

Edited by Usana

The person who beat me today had a free win team (no weapon equipped as his lead), so I promptly rematched them before they switched to something more intimidating.

He kindly accepted my Fren Request after that~

20 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

The person who beat me today had a free win team (no weapon equipped as his lead), so I promptly rematched them before they switched to something more intimidating.

He kindly accepted my Fren Request after that~

see. i need people like this. 
no. i get whales. whales everywhere

First person I fought has an easy defense map that is completely vulnerable to Counter-Vantage, so I cheesed it with Kronya and her team and got a perfect win.

I am getting 322 per no death win. If I am allowed to keep cheesing my way through every defense map, I might even be able to get a Gold Throne.

Edited by XRay

Still in need of help to win more. Isn't there anything I can do right now? Use fodder that I actually have available at the moment? Change a seal or two? Or change up my offensive team(s) a bit? I posted screenshots of my units. There HAS to be SOMETHING.

Otherwise, I'm pretty certain I'm not maintaining my tier this time.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, XRay said:

First person I fought has an easy defense map that is completely vulnerable to Counter-Vantage, so I cheesed it with Kronya and her team and got a perfect win.

I am always surprised with teams without Hardy Bearing.

My CC Vantage unit really likes it...