Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Some armours are still pretty okay. My Surtr still sees use fairly often, sometimes even in T26-27. Brave Hector has fallen off for me, but I used to run him with an Omnibreaker build. I've also used Hardin a bit, but he got phased out for Brave Hector once I got far enough along.

The formula for mythic heroes is a bit annoying to notate, so I'll just say that the typical setups people have will be worth either 140 (single offensive mythic for the current season + 4 units with matching blessings) or 160 (two offensive mythics for the current season + 3 units with matching blessings). As is, I'd say just concentrate on your Light team, since that's the only way you're going to tier up particularly quickly/easily. Keep units in mind that you want to build for Astra, but don't invest in them too hard just yet. Once you get Naga or another Astra mythic, though take them off the bench, bless them up, and go hard. Oh, one other thing: legendary heroes can be interchanged between Light and Astra season. Whenever their Fire/Wind/Water/Earth element aligns with Light/Astra, they count as if they 're Light/Astra blessed. It can be a handy way of preserving resources, since this allows you to effectively build up a unit for four different competitive modes (for example, my Fjorm is highly merged and has some serious premium investment and I often field her in AR, Arena, AA and Allegiance, not to mention she's always available for the PvE content).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, using Galeforce units (and having a working defense map, thanks to@Diovani Bressanand @Landmaster ) made this mode more fun to me. 

The Galeforce units should be optimised for offense and have a way to proc GF in the first round of combat (heavy blade seal, flashing blade seal, quickened pulse seal help, but also support from L!Hector, Velouria and Infantry pulse). Getting the first unit into Wings of Mercy range is important to bring your dancers and second Galeforce unit into play. 

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Armors are pretty bad in AR, your supertank should be something like Nowi or Fae, who are cheap 3-4* units and should be fine enough in your teir. In higher teirs, you'll want something like Donnel, Libra, or Brave Ike since Thrasir and L!Julia will be more common.

Dragons are really bad supertanks in AR. In Astra Season they get slaughtered by Thrasir, and at the rest they get slaughtered by Rend Heaven or some form of Dragon effectiv Damage. Every competent Defense Team is gonna run some form a Dragon check.

@TEKWRX FRESHMEAT!

As others have said focus on Offensive Fortress upgrades. Winning can be really tuff if the foe's defense fortress out levels your offense fortress. I had focused too much on defense and ended up with a 1-2 level deficit when trying to climb into 21(or was that back when I was trying to climb into 20?). The point being letting your enemies have an extra 10 to 20 merges doesn't work very well. Given that you are starting late you are likely going to be facing fortress deficits, if you aren't already, but you need to keep it to about 1 level if you at all can. 4 extra in each stat can be worked around, but 8 or more starts becoming more than a little bit difficult.

For defense spending buying new slots is probably the most effective use of stones. The structures can be handy, but an extra body is generally better. Also don't bother spending your limited stones on the bolt trap, I don't recall if anyone else said that yet. The traps' best function is soaking turns and they do that just fine at base level. And in the bolt traps case it can easily be used against you. Heavy Traps can be useful, but I would still probably focus on buildings first unless you have a particular plan to exploit the trap.  The Shrines didn't exist when I was climbing so the offense shrines might be a helpful addition to try and offset the fortress deficit a bit. The problem being you don't want too many buildings in the back line since that can actually limit your offense options due to lack of space to maneuver. However, first of all if you haven't already, I would focus on building up the ladder. Getting more shots on offense is probably one of the best use of stones you have.

On to me.
Since I was 'lucky'(I wanted Ewan most) enough to get Duo Ephraim(Neutral) I am again looking at a Gale team(the idea never takes off since I tend not to like cavalry). My thoughts are to run Ephraim, Edelgard, and Brave Celica as the main Galeforcers. Dancer I am thinking of Dark Azura(of my dancers that can learn GaleForce she has the highest atk and the highest spd so could potentially run Heavy or Flashing). Final slot of course would be for an Astra Mythic if I ever manage to pull one or bonus unit.otherwise/until then.

Anyways HP totals would be 41 for Ephraim and Edelgarde, 39 for Celica, and 36 for Azura. I figure at least one would want Infantry Pulse. With double Lion and the potential to run Flashing Blade 4 Celica doesn't really need a pulse to proc Galeforce as long as she scores the quad or got countered. Other bonus is that she could get Null Followup at the same time, though double lion might be the better option since it ensures a turn 1 double tap against the speedy mages? She would need to run an HP seal though, So HP/SPD most likely, or trade Royal sword out for Slaying. Which might be a good idea anyways. This would open up darting blow seal for 49 speed. I don't really like this idea. I think the others are better options for pulsing. Edelgard gets the slaying affect so if running the Heavy Blade Seal could get away with not needing a pulse. A single dragon flower upgrade would let her pulse the rest. If Ephraim runs Pulse he would need Quickened Pulse in his Seal to guarantee that he himself could easily gale and also need a dragon flower upgrade. I could run double pulse on Celica and Ephraim which would free up Ephraim's Seal which would probably go to sturdy blow and take Heavy off Edelgard(or leave it on so that she can proc after 1 hit on something like a wary fighter non CC unit Or still charge through guard). In this case Azura would probably want Quickened Pulse to drop her cooldown to 2.

These are rather premium options though. I could run try running a grail axe or sword, but the HP totals are bit less flexible. Ylgr for example has a lot of HP and would have to be the Infantry Pulser since none of the others could hope to compete. Sword wise Joshua and Marisa are both cool, but rather unsuited to the role I think since they would probably have trouble using Heavy. Flashing they might be able to use(though Celica can use it much easier). Outside of grails - Eirika I like and is at 5*+10 8 dragonfllower status, but she isn't really built for this and would probably serve better in an Omega Tank type of role. Plus enough HP she would have to be the Pulser. There is Soliel, but again lots of HP and would have to be the pulser. I did give mine Heavy Blade and Slaying Edge already though so she has that going for her. For Axe non-grails I would like Ross, but don't yet have any. And there is also Arthur, but . . . I don't think he would make a great GaleForcer? I do have a +ATK one sitting around.

9 hours ago, Hilda said:

Dragons are really bad supertanks in AR. In Astra Season they get slaughtered by Thrasir, and at the rest they get slaughtered by Rend Heaven or some form of Dragon effectiv Damage. Every competent Defense Team is gonna run some form a Dragon check.

In his tier, they should be fine enough~ I still run Nowi and Kana even in T21, so he can make due with them until he reaches like T20~

14 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

In his tier, they should be fine enough~ I still run Nowi and Kana even in T21, so he can make due with them until he reaches like T20~

I do have a 4* Nowi (+Atk -Res), is it worth investing the feathers into her as opposed using F!Tiki (I have two of her, so I could merge) or Idunn?

5 hours ago, Usana said:

TEKWRX FRESHMEAT!

As others have said focus on Offensive Fortress upgrades. Winning can be really tuff if the foe's defense fortress out levels your offense fortress. I had focused too much on defense and ended up with a 1-2 level deficit when trying to climb into 21(or was that back when I was trying to climb into 20?). The point being letting your enemies have an extra 10 to 20 merges doesn't work very well. Given that you are starting late you are likely going to be facing fortress deficits, if you aren't already, but you need to keep it to about 1 level if you at all can. 4 extra in each stat can be worked around, but 8 or more starts becoming more than a little bit difficult.

For defense spending buying new slots is probably the most effective use of stones. The structures can be handy, but an extra body is generally better. Also don't bother spending your limited stones on the bolt trap, I don't recall if anyone else said that yet. The traps' best function is soaking turns and they do that just fine at base level. And in the bolt traps case it can easily be used against you. Heavy Traps can be useful, but I would still probably focus on buildings first unless you have a particular plan to exploit the trap.  The Shrines didn't exist when I was climbing so the offense shrines might be a helpful addition to try and offset the fortress deficit a bit. The problem being you don't want too many buildings in the back line since that can actually limit your offense options due to lack of space to maneuver. However, first of all if you haven't already, I would focus on building up the ladder. Getting more shots on offense is probably one of the best use of stones you have.

Thanks for the info, it is helpful. Unfortunately I spent a lot of my stones on useless stuff before I realized I'd have to spend stones on extra slots once I hit a high enough tier. I thought it was automatic once I got high enough. I wish I never bought Duo's Indulgence on defense because I didn't realize the AI never uses H!Hector's duo skill in the first place. I didn't read the description close enough, it prevents the enemy from using the duo skill not give you an extra use like it does on offense. Right now I'm saving up for the extra slot, but the ladder upgrade will probably be second.

I'm going to make Mareeta my Galeforce unit because I really like the character and her prf weapon and Flashing Blade 4 seems perfect for it. What else should i give her? Quickened Pulse seal? I have two of her at the moment, +HP -Res & +Def -Spd. Should I merge her or save one for fodder? How would I use her in AR? Do I engage with her right away along with CC/Vantage Tharja, or send her in by herself? Are there any recommended videos I should watch to get some tactics ideas?

16 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I do have a 4* Nowi (+Atk -Res), is it worth investing the feathers into her as opposed using F!Tiki (I have two of her, so I could merge) or Idunn?

I would recommend +Res for Nowi if you're going to use her. And I would also recommend merging up your 3-4* units as much as you can. If you don't have the feathers, don't worry too much about it. But at least one merge to remove the bane will improve their performance. Idunn isn't a bad choice since she's immune to Panic but being an Armor will make her difficult to use in AR~

Managed to pull off my first perfect AR-O win using a Galeforce team! The opposing team was running Brave Alm, Legend Azura, Legend Lucina, Legend Leif, Legend Eilwood, and Duma. So nerve wracking to pull off since so many things could go wrong.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I would recommend +Res for Nowi if you're going to use her. And I would also recommend merging up your 3-4* units as much as you can. If you don't have the feathers, don't worry too much about it. But at least one merge to remove the bane will improve their performance. Idunn isn't a bad choice since she's immune to Panic but being an Armor will make her difficult to use in AR~

What makes armors bad for AR? Is it the lack of movement?

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I'm going to make Mareeta my Galeforce unit because I really like the character and her prf weapon and Flashing Blade 4 seems perfect for it. What else should i give her?

I do not recommend using 5* exclusives for Galeforcers unless the 5* exclusive does not need Spd for Galeforcing, or you are willing to give a lot of merges to the 5* exclusive. Galeforcers need to consistently be able to hit twice. Tibarn and Dimitri would be okay, but Mareeta would not be ideal. If you need a Galeforce unit, I recommend using a non 5* exclusive unit like Cordelia or Navarre.

If you insist on using Mareeta, use Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal slot. The A slot should run Life and Death. If she kills things too quickly, you can run Darting Blow. She should also be merged, with +Def as your base and sacrifice the +HP one.

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

How would I use her in AR? Do I engage with her right away along with CC/Vantage Tharja, or send her in by herself?

It depends. You need to factor in how mobile the enemy is, whether you can extract your units out of Enemy Range, and whether your Counter-Vantage unit can survive Enemy Phase or not.

The best way to learn how to use Player Phase teams is through hands on practice, but to get you started, I recommend watching this video by Pheonixmaster1 (I also recommend following his channel if you need help with solving PvE content). I also recommend watching @LordFrigid's Abyssal clears utilizing Celica and Thrasir as that better highlights Player Phase teams' core tactic of Dance/Sing-Reposition. For Aether Raids, I highly recommend following Akariss and watch his Aether Raids videos; I recommend watching this video first (use Aether as slow as possible), then this video (common strategies), then this video (super tank).

For practice itself, I recommend going to Friend Mock Battle in Aether Raids and try to beat a Friend map per day.

37 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

What makes armors bad for AR? Is it the lack of movement?

As a Player Phase player, from my perspective, armor units have a really high learning curve due to their abysmal mobility, so you will need tons of practice. And depending on their role, they may need a lot of merges to be effective.

I recommend investing in and getting used to non-armor Enemy Phase units first before investing in armor units. DW!F!Tiki is the exception ONLY IF you can support her correctly, since Solitary Dream eliminates her mobility problem, and with her higher mobility, armor and dragon Effective Weapons are not as huge of an issue.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend using 5* exclusives for Galeforcers unless the 5* exclusive does not need Spd for Galeforcing, or you are willing to give a lot of merges to the 5* exclusive. Galeforcers need to consistently be able to hit twice. Tibarn and Dimitri would be okay, but Mareeta would not be ideal. If you need a Galeforce unit, I recommend using a non 5* exclusive unit like Cordelia or Navarre.

If you insist on using Mareeta, use Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal slot. The A slot should run Life and Death. If she kills things too quickly, you can run Darting Blow. She should also be merged, with +Def as your base and sacrifice the +HP one.

I understand what you are saying, but a big part of the enjoyment of FEH is using characters that I like. They have to have good art and especially voice acting, some units just annoy me so much I'll never want to use them. Not saying Cordelia or Navarre are like that, but I really like Mareeta a lot so if she can work, I'd like to do that even if it's not 100% ideal. Maybe that's the wrong attitude, but it's a game and should bring some enjoyment, right? Thanks for the tips on Mareet'as build. I do have L&D and Darting Blow fodder, so that's good. I don't have enough coins to get Flashing Blade seal higher than level 1 at the moment, but I will make that a priority.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It depends. You need to factor in how mobile the enemy is, whether you can extract your units out of Enemy Range, and whether your Counter-Vantage unit can survive Enemy Phase or not.

The best way to learn how to use Player Phase teams is through hands on practice, but to get you started, I recommend watching this video by Pheonixmaster1 (I also recommend following his channel if you need help with solving PvE content). I also recommend watching @LordFrigid's Abyssal clears utilizing Celica and Thrasir as that better highlights Player Phase teams' core tactic of Dance/Sing-Reposition. For Aether Raids, I highly recommend following Akariss and watch his Aether Raids videos; I recommend watching this video first (use Aether as slow as possible), then this video (common strategies), then this video (super tank).

For practice itself, I recommend going to Friend Mock Battle in Aether Raids and try to beat a Friend map per day.

Thanks for the links. I'm familiar with both Pheonixmaster1 and Akariss, just this morning I watched the one where Akariss interviewed PM1, LOL. I especially enjoy watching Akariss, although his info seems more geared to higher tiers I still try and adsorb the info. I'm looking forward to checking out the links you suggested. I haven't tried a mock battle yet as I always forget about it, but I will do so ASAP.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

As a Player Phase player, from my perspective, armor units have a really high learning curve due to their abysmal mobility, so you will need tons of practice. And depending on their role, they may need a lot of merges to be effective.

I recommend investing in and getting used to non-armor Enemy Phase units first before investing in armor units. DW!F!Tiki is the exception ONLY IF you can support her correctly, since Solitary Dream eliminates her mobility problem, and with her higher mobility, armor and dragon Effective Weapons are not as huge of an issue.

Right now I have the Armored Boots seal on H!Hector, but would I be better off putting it on F!Tiki and leaving Hector as more of a backline support unit with his Duo Skill to chip all enemies?

Also, I mentioned it earlier but what about Forsyth? I'm using him in Arena this week because bonus unit, and he's killed everything and never died. Never been below 20hp between his prf weapon and Noontime special. I think he has like 70 Atk. My arena tier is low, only T17 at the moment, but would he translate into AR? At least in the lower tiers I'm in now?

Edited by TEKWRX

19 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I understand what you are saying, but a big part of the enjoyment of FEH is using characters that I like. They have to have good art and especially voice acting, some units just annoy me so much I'll never want to use them. Not saying Cordelia or Navarre are like that, but I really like Mareeta a lot so if she can work, I'd like to do that even if it's not 100% ideal. Maybe that's the wrong attitude, but it's a game and should bring some enjoyment, right? Thanks for the tips on Mareet'as build. I do have L&D and Darting Blow fodder, so that's good. I don't have enough coins to get Flashing Blade seal higher than level 1 at the moment, but I will make that a priority.

Thanks for the links. I'm familiar with both Pheonixmaster1 and Akariss, just this morning I watched the one where Akariss interviewed PM1, LOL. I especially enjoy watching Akariss, although his info seems more geared to higher tiers I still try and adsorb the info. I'm looking forward to checking out the links you suggested. I haven't tried a mock battle yet as I always forget about it, but I will do so ASAP.

Right now I have the Armored Boots seal on H!Hector, but would I be better off putting it on F!Tiki and leaving Hector as more of a backline support unit with his Duo Skill to chip all enemies?

Also, I mentioned it earlier but what about Forsyth? I'm using him in Arena this week because bonus unit, and he's killed everything and never died. Never been below 20hp between his prf weapon and Noontime special. I think he has like 70 Atk. My arena tier is low, only T17 at the moment, but would he translate into AR? At least in the lower tiers I'm in now?

You can use Mareeta, but, as XRay said, you will not be able to easily merge her. That said, she should work fine for the tier you're in, though probably not the best until you have the Coins to upgrade Flashing Blade so she can proc Galeforce.

H!Hector should not be moving, so he doesn't really need the Seal, and neither does F!Tiki, as long as she is not near any Allies, she will activate Solitary Dream. 

Again, I would recommend not using Armors over building a team out of them. What is good in Arena will not necessarily be good in AR. Armors are good in Arena because they score higher, but AR scoring is based on Blessings and winning with minimal deaths. I would try to focus on Cavalry and Infantry units. 

26 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

You can use Mareeta, but, as XRay said, you will not be able to easily merge her. That said, she should work fine for the tier you're in, though probably not the best until you have the Coins to upgrade Flashing Blade so she can proc Galeforce.

H!Hector should not be moving, so he doesn't really need the Seal, and neither does F!Tiki, as long as she is not near any Allies, she will activate Solitary Dream. 

Again, I would recommend not using Armors over building a team out of them. What is good in Arena will not necessarily be good in AR. Armors are good in Arena because they score higher, but AR scoring is based on Blessings and winning with minimal deaths. I would try to focus on Cavalry and Infantry units. 

So should I leave FB4 as her A skill until I have the coins to get FB3? Or should I just give her Quickened Pulse seal for now?

And you're right, I always forget about the extra move on Tiki's C skill. 

I wasn't thinking about armor scoring for Forsyth, just the fact that he seems really hard to kill. But I will take your advice and avoid armors.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

If your goal is to just to take it easy in Tier 21 like me, you can still use Mareeta after you reached that goal. But before you get there, you will have to go through Tier 19 and Tier 20, and those are not easy Tiers that you can use any old favorite without significant investment and effort if those favorites are not up to par.

There is a time and place for using favorites, and climbing Aether Raids and competitive Aether Raids are not the scenario to do so unless you can afford the expense.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Armored Boots is primarily used on ranged armors and Galeforce armors.

The primary ranged armor user is Treat or Defeat Jakob and The Land's Bounty Niles, as they have access to Firesweep Bow so they should never be below 100% HP. Other ranged armors could work provided that they are using Brave Weapons to kill things in two hits or if they are running Blade tomes to kill things in one hit; just make sure they are not taking any counter attack damage though or else they are going to a huge pain in the ass.

Galeforce armors need a proper team setup to support them. They take skill to use and they are meant for countering specific set ups.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

47 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Forsyth has bonus stats, so it is inflating his performance. After his season is over, his performance will drop significantly. The only units you can rely on to be bonus units consistently and frequently are the Askr Trio and Fjorm.

47 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

But I will take your advice and avoid armors.

You can use armor units, but they take significantly longer to master and require much more resources, so we do not recommend them for new players. There are some exceptions like DW!Y!Tiki (who does not have mobility issues provided she got the right support), AMH!Hector (he is not meant for combat), and TOD!Jakob (Firesweep-Armor Boots solves his mobility issue). I have been playing this game since day 1 and even I steer clear of them due to the learning curve and costs involved.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

So should I leave FB4 as her A skill until I have the coins to get FB3? Or should I just give her Quickened Pulse seal for now?

And you're right, I always forget about the extra move on Tiki's C skill. 

I wasn't thinking about armor scoring for Forsyth, just the fact that he seems really hard to kill. But I will take your advice and avoid armors.

You can try that for now. Assuming she's getting buffs, I would assume she probably has enough killing power.

He will be nuked by any Micaiah or Ophelia, both of whom are very common. So try to stay away from Armors

Ok, I had a pretty bad luck  during the beginning of this season... I used all my ladders in the first days. However, today was great!

I started today with 135 Aether, needing 3 pots to be able to do a 3rd match. And I got it! 3 or 4 pots! And all 3 matches were easy!

I love when people don't use Hardy Bearing, or use it in the wrong unit. In my first match I needed to sacrifice Naga so I could have a chance to win. Naga would be attacked by Ophelia and be sacrificed... But NOPE!

Ophelia didn't have HB, so she died to my Vantage Naga! The unit with HB in that map was a Deirdre, that easily died to my L! Eliwood.

The 2nd Match had some armored foes without armor march, so I was able to bait one by one. And the 3rd match didn't have HB at all! I allowed Laevatein to take some damage from a Fallen Tiki, so she would enter in Vantage Mode and destroy the rest of the enemy team!

Ending this season in Tier 24. I didn't get a success/failure today, but even if I lose some lift I will not fall back to T23. Right now my Defense Lift is -72.

Man, my defense bailed me out this season. seven successes in a row until i was able to get enough lift to get out of "omg i'll demote to tier 20!" danger which i swear i go through every astra season.  Ironically once i got the lift, my defense couldn't buy a win to save its life, but it did what it needed to do and that's the main thing. huge thanks to Maaka for your help.Diovani too.

I derped and fought public for my first match today LOL~ Wasted my last ladder, used all the other ones yesterday~ I forgot my Tier and never occurred to me to do some rematches until last night and I still forgot~

Rematches were easy enough, though. Thought my last battle would be the Gold Throne ender because they had a Thrasir but I was able to bait her out and kill her. I can still drop, but I didn't lose to a Thrasir, that's a win enough for me~

Also, have made a new Def Team for Dark Season~ I don't have Odd Attack Wave or anything really premium for Ophelia's C Slot so I haven't given her anything new yet until I get some feedback~ Feel free to test it out~ If you don't have my FC, it's 7926931216

Edited by Landmaster

First ever -0 on defense week for me, it was quite a bizarre week.
One day of getting hit 4 times within 10 minutes followed by 2 days of not getting hit at all, then 1 day of ghosting after 3 hits within 10 minutes another day.

This makes me think there must be some truth to the theory I've seen where a sudden surge of matches reduces some hidden variable of your 'priority' to be matched up against, causing the subsequent ghosting for one or more days.

2 minutes ago, Azuni said:

First ever -0 on defense week for me, it was quite a bizarre week.
One day of getting hit 4 times within 10 minutes followed by 2 days of not getting hit at all, then 1 day of ghosting after 3 hits within 10 minutes another day.

This makes me think there must be some truth to the theory I've seen where a sudden surge of matches reduces some hidden variable of your 'priority' to be matched up against, causing the subsequent ghosting for one or more days.

I am pretty sure that it is a thing. Akariss talked about using the least amount of Aether and do as little fights as possible until the last day. I have not really put it into practice since I usually just strive for maintaining my Tier instead of playing competitively, but I think I should have tried that method this week since I have the best chance of getting a Gold Throne this week.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, XRay said:

For Aether Raids, I highly recommend following Akariss and watch his Aether Raids videos; I recommend watching this video first (use Aether as slow as possible), then this video (common strategies), then this video (super tank).