Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Well, my first match of the season didn't go so great.  Mareeta got taken out right away because I stupidly used her to take out the healing tower, and then that opened her up to be attacked by Eldigan next turn. Mareeta did 0 damage to him and he killed her in two shots. Eir and Veronica did 0 damage to any of the enemy units, so there was nothing I could do with them. The only unit of mine that could do anything was Forsyth. I know you guys said not to use him, but since he's a bonus unit I figured he'd get a shot. The only other 5* bonus unit I have his week is Python, but Forsyth was so great for me last week in arena. He took out Eldigan in one turn, and Gwendolyn in two turns with Azura's help. He had no chance against Robin. What could I have done differently against this guy? Attached is a pic of my raiding parties, would any other others have been better? Sorry for the basic questions, but I'm trying to learn. 

Figures, I put Caineghis on my defense team last week because I thought he might be a good tank, and he did absolutely nothing for me. Here, none of my units could touch him 😕

Screenshot_20191112-205057_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

Screenshot_20191112-205816_Fire Emblem Heroes (1).jpg

ar_roster_a.jpg

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Well, my first match of the season didn't go so great.  Mareeta got taken out right away because I stupidly used her to take out the healing tower, and then that opened her up to be attacked by Eldigan next turn. Mareeta did 0 damage to him and he killed her in two shots. Eir and Veronica did 0 damage to any of the enemy units, so there was nothing I could do with them. The only unit of mine that could do anything was Forsyth. I know you guys said not to use him, but since he's a bonus unit I figured he'd get a shot. The only other 5* bonus unit I have his week is Python, but Forsyth was so great for me last week in arena. He took out Eldigan in one turn, and Gwendolyn in two turns with Azura's help. He had no chance against Robin. What could I have done differently against this guy? Attached is a pic of my raiding parties, would any other others have been better? Sorry for the basic questions, but I'm trying to learn. 

Figures, I put Caineghis on my defense team last week because I thought he might be a good tank, and he did absolutely nothing for me. Here, none of my units could touch him 😕

Screenshot_20191112-205057_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

Screenshot_20191112-205816_Fire Emblem Heroes (1).jpg

ar_roster_a.jpg

This was an opponent where you would want to use your Tharja or Veronica. Every unit on that team has high Def, so a mage would have worked better~ I would have just broken the pot and flower bed and dance killed Cainhegis because he would be unable to transform due to being next to Wendy~ In fact, the entire team was boxed in so they could do nothing to get out and harm you from either side~ 

39 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

This was an opponent where you would want to use your Tharja or Veronica. Every unit on that team has high Def, so a mage would have worked better~ I would have just broken the pot and flower bed and dance killed Cainhegis because he would be unable to transform due to being next to Wendy~ In fact, the entire team was boxed in so they could do nothing to get out and harm you from either side~ 

Yeah, looking at it now, I feel really silly. It was pretty obvious, wasn't it? Anyway, I won my second match tonight, although I did lose one unit. It's just gonna come down to me playing a lot of matches and trying to learn from each one I guess. I need to start doing practice matches against the friend list, I always forget. 

I really enjoy building units, I like that it gives me a set goal to work towards on a small level. I just have a fear of spending feathers inefficiently. Who should I build first? Cordelia (+Spd -HP), Eliwood (+Spd -HP) for Galeforce, or Nowi (+Atk -Res) for a tank? What's the best way to spend feathers for now?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Ugh, my head is still a little dizzy. I forgot to put my Escape Ladder back on and wasted like 200 Aether surrendering.

Ouch, that sucks. I'm so paranoid about that, that if I ever take my Ladder off, I typically triple check my structure line before even checking my teams' skills. If it makes you feel any better, I just wasted some Aether for no good reason at all. Got distracted in the middle of my match and then mentally skipped a step and didn't get a pot that was right there in the open when I had total control of the situation.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

It's not that you shouldn't use Forsyth, but more that you shouldn't rely on him long term. There's no harm taking advantage of the bonus stats, just be aware that they won't always be there to boost up your unit.

27 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Yeah, looking at it now, I feel really silly. It was pretty obvious, wasn't it? Anyway, I won my second match tonight, although I did lose one unit. It's just gonna come down to me playing a lot of matches and trying to learn from each one I guess. I need to start doing practice matches against the friend list, I always forget. 

I really enjoy building units, I like that it gives me a set goal to work towards on a small level. I just have a fear of spending feathers inefficiently. Who should I build first? Cordelia (+Spd -HP), Eliwood (+Spd -HP) for Galeforce, or Nowi (+Atk -Res) for a tank? What's the best way to spend feathers for now?

The more you play, the more you will get used to it~

Recommend reading this if you haven't~

https://gamepress.gg/feheroes/road-to-exos-aether-raids-general-guide

Good job on your second match~ Yes, your best practice will come from playing higher tiered players' maps.

A tank is one of the most reliable units you can build because they require minimal thought to actually use. Just Smite them in and watch everyone suicide into them. So I would recommend a tank, but I wouldn't build one without a considerable amount of merges. A -Res Nowi will not be optimal unless you can merge her to remove that Bane since Res is one of the most important stats in AR. How many Nowi copies do you have at the moment?

As I said before, there is no need to rush into anything~ When you get more units and merges, you will be good to go~ I don't recommend starting to build a Galeforce unit without being able to build a team around the Galeforcer.

13 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Feathers are really easy to obtain, so as long as you are spending it on merges on units you use often, it is not really a waste.

As a Player Phase player, I lean towards prioritizing Cordelia or Eliwood. Personally, I find Player Phase units are far more responsive and easier to use, although it does take more brain juice. Enemy Phase units in way are even easier and brain dead to use, but that is only when your Enemy Phase units have a significant stat advantage to abuse against the enemy; if your Enemy Phase units have relative stat parity with the enemy, it is more difficult to use since you have to do more calculations on your own to make sure your tank can survive, whereas Player Phase units are able to have the game do automatic battle calculations for them.

Nowi is good too, but I would prioritize Sharena since she is a more frequent bonus unit in Aether Raids and Arena. Sharena just needs one expensive A skill (Distant Counter) and 40,000 Feathers for promoting herself and getting Guard from Titania. Nowi on the other hand needs an expensive A skill (preferably Warding Stance to beef up her Res and to shutdown Specials) and an expensive B skill (preferably Lull Atk/Spd to shutdown offensive buffs), as well as 220,000 Feathers to get all her merges.

I understand that high merges are needed for the higher tier play, but does that mean I should to wait until I have 10 copies before promoting/building? Or is it fine to start and add to the unit once fodder is summoned? Like you mention Sharena. I'm sure she's a good unit, but DC is really hard to come by (I'm not a whale), is there no way to start building her so she's better until DC becomes available? Or do I just forget building any more units and just use what I have already at 5*? I have a few copies of Tharja and Cherche, should I just spend the feathers on them to add merges?

21 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

A -Res Nowi will not be optimal unless you can merge her to remove that Bane since Res is one of the most important stats in AR. How many Nowi copies do you have at the moment?

I figured -Res wouldn't be great, since I was told my +Res F!Tiki was the one to keep. I only have the one copy of Nowi at the moment.... Why does Nowi make a better tank than Idunn? Is it her color? Or just that she's in the 4* pool for easier merges?

2 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I understand that high merges are needed for the higher tier play, but does that mean I should to wait until I have 10 copies before promoting/building? Or is it fine to start and add to the unit once fodder is summoned? Like you mention Sharena. I'm sure she's a good unit, but DC is really hard to come by (I'm not a whale), is there no way to start building her so she's better until DC becomes available? Or do I just forget building any more units and just use what I have already at 5*? I have a few copies of Tharja and Cherche, should I just spend the feathers on them to add merges?

I figured -Res wouldn't be great, since I was told my +Res F!Tiki was the one to keep. I only have the one copy of Nowi at the moment.... Why does Nowi make a better tank than Idunn? Is it her color? Or just that she's in the 4* pool for easier merges?

You don't need a +10 unit to succeed in Aether Raids but at least one merge to remove the Bane is recommended~ Every stat point in AR matters~ It's fine to start building when you get the unit, but 3-4* should have as many merges as you can get~

DC will be available later this month on the DC Banner and on the upcoming Hector Revival Banner~

Idunn is Red (the worst color for tanking), an armor unit (bad move type in AR), and a 5* exclusive unit (very hard to obtain merges for). You don't need 5* exclusives to do well in AR~ 3-4* are much more recommended due to the fact that they can be merged~

Easier merges and access to a lot of the infantry-exclusive skills like Bonus Doubler, Null Follow-Up and Null C-Disrupt. Infantry also don't have the armour weakness that plenty of defensive teams like to throw around. That said, you also have to be really careful with either because anti-dragon stuff is finding its way onto more and more defense teams (exacerbated by Thrasir).

As far as merges go, you don't need +10 just yet, but you'll want Nowi to be at least +1 to get rid of that Res bane.

13 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

You should not wait. Just promote and merge as you go.

Distant Counter is expensive, but it is probably one of the most common and accessible 5* exclusive skills since it appears so frequently. However, I do not recommend using a tank that cannot counter attack in both melee and range in Aether Raids, since it is really dangerous in most cases to just let an enemy attack you for free.

I found an interesting variant of armor usage in AR: 

I don't have Halloween Hector, but a L!Hector with Bold Fighter and Galeforce (gave him that for a one-turn clear). It's an interesting setup to try, no idea who my second armor unit could be. 

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

@mcsilas Hey, I crashed your party!

M2WnsgT.png0qEeoYH.png

I should really stop being lazy and update the defense team.

If it was Astra that Caineghis would've had Svalinn shield and maybe survive Micaiah. Good job defeating it though, don't see a lot of Reinhardts in my replays funnily enough but he does his job!

Funnily enough Hrid and Lucina are Rezzy natured haha

Edited by mcsilas

Well offense is dirt easy this week. I finally bit the bullet and Sacked my Nailah. I had been debating who to give my Spare Null-C/DC fodder to for quite some time. Brave Ike finally convinced me to burn it. I had been hesitant to do so since I figured he would end up being something defense teams intentionally build to counter and I can't really rely on getting another Null-C/DC anytime soon if he ends up being benched due to counters being on every team. But so far so good. We'll see how long that lasts.

Defense wise I am a bit miffed though. Ate a full loss due to Lilina focusing on a TRIANGLE ADEPT Brave Lucina  instead of nuking a Brave Ike. Yay.(and yeah I know the AI likes to focus on foes that can't counter when possible. Still annoying though since she would have dropped Ike well into range for the others to KO. She is supposed to be my green killer, not my blue Triangle Adept killer).

Well, I actually won a match last night, and now I see why you guys say to avoid armors in AR. When I first saw this opponent, I was intimidated because I though they were all heavy hitters, but I was able to just roll through them 😁 Even without a dedicated buffer for Tharja, she did work with the help of L!Azura and never even got into vantage range. Aversa really helped with the debuffs too because of how the enemies were all right next to each other. Thanks you guys for letting dumb me that you can have multiple teams ready to go and switch after you see what you're up against, can't believe I didn't realize that. I'm back into T14 after my recent string of losses, I think I need 280 lift to crack T15 and get my free B!Ike. It could happen this week.

Also, I now have over 300 aether stones. What should be my priority in building? Is adding a 5th slot on my defense team the most important? Or some sort of structure (offense or defense)?

Screenshot_20191113-040515_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-041008_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

Edited by TEKWRX
spelling derp

Slots are most important, the offense fortress, defense fortress, after that it’s a bit more debatable. 

Escape ladder is a must though.

Things to avoid upgrading on offense: Schools, Duo building(but do keep 100 stones ready to build it, if it goes into the bonus structure rotation).

Bolt tower is useful but you need to know how to use it. It can help the enemy team and if that’s the case you need to be able to make your play on turn 1 or 2.

Tactics room is situational, but can gimp a defense team if high enough. It’s just such one lane though, so high chance of being a dud.

Panic manor could be great, but i personally never found much use for it since I use Aversa.

The shrines are good investments.

catapult is the same as tactics room, it can help a lot, it can also ruin a map for you.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Not sure what is happening to me. I used up all my Ladders and lost all battles today.

Light Season is ass. I only used one Ladder today but I keep losing like 2 units per battle~

11 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Also, I now have over 300 aether stones. What should be my priory in building? Is adding a 5th slot on my defense team the most important? Or some sort of structure (offense or defense)?

I would prioritize your Offense over Defense if you don't have a built Defense Team. That said, I don't use Offensive Buildings, just make sure you have all the Buildings built for their Bonus Seasons

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Feathers are really easy to obtain, so as long as you are spending it on merges on units you use often, it is not really a waste.

As a Player Phase player, I lean towards prioritizing Cordelia or Eliwood. Personally, I find Player Phase units are far more responsive and easier to use, although it does take more brain juice. Enemy Phase units in way are even easier and brain dead to use, but that is only when your Enemy Phase units have a significant stat advantage to abuse against the enemy; if your Enemy Phase units have relative stat parity with the enemy, it is more difficult to use since you have to do more calculations on your own to make sure your tank can survive, whereas Player Phase units are able to have the game do automatic battle calculations for them.

Nowi is good too, but I would prioritize Sharena since she is a more frequent bonus unit in Aether Raids and Arena. Sharena just needs one expensive A skill (Distant Counter) and 40,000 Feathers for promoting herself and getting Guard from Titania. Nowi on the other hand needs an expensive A skill (preferably Warding Stance to beef up her Res and to shutdown Specials) and an expensive B skill (preferably Lull Atk/Spd to shutdown offensive buffs), as well as 220,000 Feathers to get all her merges.

well that's not fair. it's not "brain dead" to use Enemy Phase units, because you still have to think about the calculations and what not. I can't just throw my tanks into danger and be like "oh hum, we're done."  either phase needs thinking (unless you're the type of person (raises hand) who basically tosses people into the fray and go "please live." because that's how  you always play fire emblem.  haha

56 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Light Season is ass. I only used one Ladder today but I keep losing like 2 units per battle~

I would prioritize your Offense over Defense if you don't have a built Defense Team. That said, I don't use Offensive Buildings, just make sure you have all the Buildings built for their Bonus Seasons

pls let us not insult Light Season
tis Astra season that is 

11 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I thought your Myrrh was on Light? Whtat voodoo magic are you using on her, Wards?

she is. but i she faced off against one.. yah it was an azura sung and warded to death (and Thrasir still took a chunk out of her). the one that gives her the most trouble is Deidre because she nullifies the buffs. (and LJulia just annihilates her)
she can also eat a Leif (without iotes). Myrrh is best girl. (and the Leif didn't have wards)