Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

OK, I have enough stones now to build a panic manor (thanks @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi!), but should I? Since I keep losing more than not this week, should I save the stones for something else? Or is Panic Manor useful to have anyway? Next weeks bonus structure is the Catapult which I do have so I'm good there. Do I build the Panic Manor now, and see if it helps me out in the next few days?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just stopped entertaining this Season, haven't had a worse Light Season till now~ Ironically I've only lost 35 points on Defense~ Wat's the point if I can't win any matches, ahushhugd

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

OK, I have enough stones now to build a panic manor (thanks @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi!), but should I? Since I keep losing more than not this week, should I save the stones for something else? Or is Panic Manor useful to have anyway? Next weeks bonus structure is the Catapult which I do have so I'm good there. Do I build the Panic Manor now, and see if it helps me out in the next few days?

Panic Manor is a good building~ You can get it or you may just want to buy next week's Bonus Structure instead so you will perform better this coming week~ That would be the Catapult (which is pretty bad).

@TEKWRX
I took a look at your unit list. Keep in mind that all my comments below are based heavily on my own experiences and preferences.

Spoiler

Low Investment: units that will do well without much extra effort or inheritance. You could put the units in this section to work quickly, if not immediately.

• Fjorm: it’s water season, so she benefits from active Mythic Hero stat and score boosts. She’s also pretty good with her default kit; she wants an assist, and maybe swap out her A Passive if you don’t picture yourself being able to keep an ally next to her all the time. The only real issue is that she wants the Quick Riposte seal, and right now I believe your Forsyth is using it?
  • Caineghis is a great tank during light season, though -Res is quite unfortunate. Like Fjorm, he’s built quite well out of the box, you really just need to mind the transformation mechanic. He pairs nicely with units like Reyson and Ranulf, who are well-equipped to provide him with support.
  • Ranulf’s supportive capabilities aren’t locked behind his transformed state, and Atk/Def+3 to nearby allies during combat is useful. An A Passive would be nice, but he really only needs Reposition and, if you’re using him to support a non-beast tank, your choice of Drive Def or Drive Res.

High Investment: units that will do well if you give them some premium skill fodder. This section is mostly food for thought, to consider for long-term plans if the unit interests you.

• Brave Ike can work reasonably well with his default kit, and I definitely recommend experimenting with that once you can get his refined weapon online. He really wants to be on a team with a Res-boosting Mythic. He also has an “I’m going to counterkill everything” set, which uses Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt (he can get both from 1 Nailah). This set can use his default Aether if he has Brave Lucina support on the back line, or Bonfire if he doesn’t.
  • Oscar is a good Galeforce pick with his personal weapon bringing the charge count down to 4. He needs the Heavy Blade seal for that to work. I personally lean toward +Atk for the Galeforce role, but +Spd is good, too.
  • Norne is a solid 2-range tank, and +Res is great for that role. She’ll want a promotion (obviously), and the +Res Guard Bow refinement. Her A Passive is ideally some sort of Enemy Phase stat boost (Distant Def, “Stance” Skill). She’d also want Iceberg, Quick Riposte, Atk Smoke, and the Distant Def seal to be at her best.
  • Seth’s refined personal weapon makes him a great buff-bot on a mixed team, and makes him quite good at taking out greens. When I used him, he ran Axebreaker to deal with Surtr.
    • Titania is pretty similar, able to provide buffs and deal with blues, the factors that made me use Seth were (1) I like Seth’s Spd Tactic refinement more than Titania’s Res Tactic refinement, because the former is much harder to come by (5* locked, no Sacred Seal version...yet), and (2) the unit who needed support was CC/Vantage Mae, who greatly benefited from Seth’s ability to take on Green foes.

All that said, you could definitely construct a raiding party right now using: Reyson, Caineghis, Ranulf, Eir, [???]. This type of Raiding Party uses a stat-stacked unit (Caineghis) to do most, or all, of the fighting. All they really need are some positioning assists and Sacred Seals. That last slot is flexible. A second Eir works well there, if you end up pulling one later. Otherwise, I would personally go with either Aversa for debuff/Panic support, or a player phase option like Alm or Reinhardt: Thunder’s Fist.

~

I didn’t realize that Norne is just 4*-available Faye with Spd, inverted Def & Res, and no personal weapon. I kind of want to build one for whenever they release a Res-boosting Astra mythic.

Edited by LordFrigid

Thanks @LordFrigid, you gave me a good direction to start. I've tried using Caineghis before without much success, but I'm sure I wasn't using him right. I'll try again with your suggestions. I'll also level Norne up and see how I like her and if she's worth 5*ing. 

I've thought about building Titania up already, as I think I need more cav options in general. I've heard Seth is a little better (cheaper to build because of the Spd refine), but I honestly like Titania much better as a character. Plus she'll be supporting Tharja so she might be able to help out against any blue threats. 

As for a Galeforce cav unit, how does Eliwood compare to Oscar? Again, I like Eliwood better, but is he less effective than Oscar or more expensive to build?

Brave Ike seems cool too, I'll play with him more once I can afford his refine. And I'm hoping to score a few extra DC units for fodder in the upcoming banner ( although my gatcha luck kinda sucks 🙁 ).

Also, last night I stupidly threw two summons on the Desert Mercenaries banner because I still really want to try Duo Ephraim. I didn't pull him, but I did get a slightly better Nowi (+Spd -HP) than what I have now, do you think it's a good idea to start building her as my Omega Tank? Or is Caineghis still a better option for that role?

And is it worth the feathers to give Cordelia a Firesweep lance since I've already got her as a Galeforece unit?

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks @LordFrigid, you gave me a good direction to start. I've tried using Caineghis before without much success, but I'm sure I wasn't using him right. I'll try again with your suggestions. I'll also level Norne up and see how I like her and if she's worth 5*ing. 

There are two big things to be wary of when using a team focused heavily on one unit: effective damage if applicable, and Fort disadvantage. Focusing on one unit generally involves providing enough stat-boosting support to allow that unit to weather out multiple rounds of combat against all sorts of foes. Having a fort disadvantage really hurts that effort, and may make it impossible in some cases.

I've thought about building Titania up already, as I think I need more cav options in general. I've heard Seth is a little better (cheaper to build because of the Spd refine), but I honestly like Titania much better as a character. Plus she'll be supporting Tharja so she might be able to help out against any blue threats. 

That seems like a good game plan. One thing that might be worth considering: if Titania doesn’t need anything combat-related in her B slot, and you have the fodder available, Spd/Def Link would combine well with refined Draconic Poleaxe and Atk Tactic (C or Seal).

As for a Galeforce cav unit, how does Eliwood compare to Oscar? Again, I like Eliwood better, but is he less effective than Oscar or more expensive to build?

I would honestly use Oscar as a companion to Eliwood on a Galeforce team, as opposed to choosing one or the other. But to answer your questions: Eliwood is a bit more expensive to build, since refined Blazing Durandal is his best pick for a Galeforce set (150 Divine Dew to get Blazing Durandal, and 200 more to refine it), but I wouldn’t say he’s significantly more or less effective.

I didn't pull him, but I did get a slightly better Nowi (+Spd -HP) than what I have now, do you think it's a good idea to start building her as my Omega Tank? Or is Caineghis still a better option for that role?

And is it worth the feathers to give Cordelia a Firesweep lance since I've already got her as a Galeforece unit?

Nowi is easier to continue investing in later down the line, because she’s not 5* locked, but she takes more effort to get going. She also has a different set of weaknesses (dragon vs beast/armor), which makes it harder to compare the two. I personally lean toward Caineghis, but you should definitely seek out a second opinion.

I think the Firesweep + Galeforce pairing is bad on a unit whose goal is to maximize Galeforce activations, because it is rarely useful for activating Galeforce. Maybe you could get away with it on an Infantry unit running Time’s Pulse. Otherwise, I think that Slaying Lance is significantly better; it reduces the cooldown count, and can be refined to provide a stat boost.

Firesweep melee fliers have a different play style compared to Galeforce fliers. Firesweep melee fliers generally use Hit and Run on the B slot and they play very similar to ranged units and rely heavily on Dancers/Singers. Firesweep melee fliers want to run Moonbow or Ruptured Sky to help boost increase their damage output.

If you want to give Firesweep to Cordelia, I recommend building a separate Firesweep Cordelia since you may want to utilize a different nature from Galeforce Cordelia. I lean towards +Spd for Firesweep, while Galeforce can go with either +Atk or +Spd. 

Edited by XRay

Got a free pull Bow Hinoka today and now I'm thinking on who to give Flier Formation to. My Est already have it. Seal is on Reyson so that he can use WoM on his B Slot. That lefts 2x Yunes, Camilla or Caeda. I don't know if Caeda will stay on the Flier Ball, so I'm hesitant in giving it to her. Maybe I could bring Aversa back, but the formation will be weird with Reyson wanting to be on the backline and Aversa being Ranged. 4 units on the back wouldn't make the setup efficient. 

I finally got Brave Ike DC! And he got another dragonflower boost too. I was lucky enough to get a Hector off the new weekly banner in just a few pulls, though I had to buy a few orbs to do it. Not much, thankfully. I really do not want to spend much money right now since I just spent over $100 on the Pokemon double pack on Friday. So this is such a huge relief.

b5M1Z0Z.jpg

So I did something y'all said I had to do. I'm thinking now he should get an Astra blessing since female Robin has Light and she serves a sorta similar purpose (just can't counter from melee range, though I suppose she wouldn't be a bad user of Close Counter). Both can counter Reinhardts and Brave Lyns and stuff for me.

Hopefully this improves my win rate some more. I did win several battles this week, though that may be because Light + Water has always been my best because of female Robin, legendary Azura, Fjorm, and Eir. I reckon this is an easy week for anyone honestly. Fjorm and Eir are free and really good.

Now to build a good offensive Astra team or more around this guy.

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I finally got Brave Ike DC! And he got another dragonflower boost too. I was lucky enough to get a Hector off the new weekly banner in just a few pulls, though I had to buy a few orbs to do it. Not much, thankfully. I really do not want to spend much money right now since I just spent over $100 on the Pokemon double pack on Friday. So this is such a huge relief.

b5M1Z0Z.jpg

So I did something y'all said I had to do. I'm thinking now he should get an Astra blessing since female Robin has Light and she serves a sorta similar purpose (just can't counter from melee range, though I suppose she wouldn't be a bad user of Close Counter). Both can counter Reinhardts and Brave Lyns and stuff for me.

Hopefully this improves my win rate some more. I did win several battles this week, though that may be because Light + Water has always been my best because of female Robin, legendary Azura, Fjorm, and Eir. I reckon this is an easy week for anyone honestly. Fjorm and Eir are free and really good.

Now to build a good offensive Astra team or more around this guy.

Congratz on the DC! Ike really uses it very well now.
Ike is better on Light season since he gets more use of Eir's +5 Res than Naga's +5 Def. Too much Def with low Res as is and he'll not be able to function as a good omega tank.

If you have someone on the team with Infantry Breath or change his Seal to Quick Riposte, you could keep Aether. Otherwise, you should go with Sol or Ignis, Quick Riposte on the B Slot, then change his Seal to Atk Smoke. You just need some support to give him Drive Res and maybe Drive Atk and he can probably solo most teams.

Bond skills on your tank are not that good since you usually don't want anyone right beside them as it leads to easy sniping on the support unit. You want your tank to be the only unit all the enemies can attack, even if they are danced during the turn.

Edited by Rinco

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Congratz on the DC! Ike really uses it very well now.
Ike is better on Light season since he gets more use of Eir's +5 Res than Naga's +5 Def. Too much Def with low Res as is and he'll not be able to function as a good omega tank.

Thanks. But like I said, I already have female Robin with Light to serve as my green enemy phase tank. I need someone to do similar in Astra week. And Robin would like the extra Res to take blue mages like Reinhardt. So I'm not sure if I should switch both their blessings.

4 minutes ago, Rinco said:

If you have someone on the team with Infantry Breath or change his Seal to Quick Riposte, you could keep Aether. Otherwise, you should go with Sol or Ignis, Quick Riposte on the B Slot, then change his Seal to Atk Smoke. You just need some support to give him Drive Res and maybe Drive Atk and he can probably solo most teams.

Bond skills on your tank are not that good since you usually don't want anyone right beside them as it leads to easy sniping on the support unit. You want your tank to be the only unit all the enemies can attack, even if they are danced during the turn.

I often have him sitting next to his allies though, so a Bond seal hasn't been useless on him. And I make sure those allies aren't in enemy range, generally. But QR seal might not be a bad idea anyway.

@Anacybele how much Def/Res your F!Robin has (without blessings and buffs)? Maybe she can also be a good unit for your Astra team.

The problem with Ike on Astra seasons is that, since Naga gives the attacking units a Def bonus, the best units to use on defensive teams on that season are magic users. That's why you want to keep your tanks with balanced defensive stats, so they can have good potential against all kinds of threats. I had my Ike with Astra blessing and since I changed him to Light he's gotten so much better.

Yeah, QR is a good seal on him. You really want him doubling every combat, even more if he's running Aether. 

Edited by Rinco

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

@Anacybele how much Def/Res your F!Robin has (without blessings and buffs)? Maybe she can also be a good unit for your Astra team.

The problem with Ike on Astra seasons is that, since Naga gives the attacking units a Def bonus, the best units to use on defensive teams on that season are magic users. That's why you want to keep your tanks with balanced defensive stats, so they can have good potential against all kinds of threats. I had my Ike with Astra blessing and since I changed him to Light he's gotten so much better.

Yeah, QR is a good seal on him. You really want him doubling every combat, even more if he's running Aether. 

Robin has 34 Def and 26 Res. So yeah, she could use the Res boost more and she'd use Close Counter decently if I ever have a chance to give it to her. Even if that means sacrificing Triangle Adept (can that become a seal pls, IS? xP). But if it's for the best, I can switch the blessings later then and see how that goes.

Yeah, she can use a res boost. But I think Ike will perform better than her as a tank on Light Season, even more since he can counter at all ranges. But you could still use her in Light as a support for Ike and as a second unit that could tank some enemies if needed. I think you probably won't need another unit for combat aside from Ike if you have some Drive support from him, but on some maps you could have enemies coming from various sides.

For now, I think you should just Light Bless Ike, test him out (maybe just slap Drive Atk and Drive Res in one of your units) and check if you think you still need F!Robin on Light.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks. But like I said, I already have female Robin with Light to serve as my green enemy phase tank. I need someone to do similar in Astra week. And Robin would like the extra Res to take blue mages like Reinhardt. So I'm not sure if I should switch both their blessings.

Unless you are trying to rank in both seasons, I would just focus on one season first. I do not see a reason to rush climbing either unless you really want as much rewards as possible. I would not bother with Astra until you build a super tank with high Res and got resources ready to build a full Astra team. I did not invest anything into Astra until recently when I got three Nagas and two A Monstrous Harvest Hectors.

I think it is fine to give both Blessings as Light, and save Astra Blessings for more suitable units later.

Edited by XRay

Just now, XRay said:

Unless you are trying to rank in both seasons, I would just focus on one season first. I do not see a reason to rush climbing either unless you really want as much rewards as possible. I would not bother with Astra until you build a super tank with high Res and got resources ready to build a full Astra team. I did not invest anything into Astra until recently when I got three Nagas and two A Monstrous Harvest Hectors.

I think it is fine to give both Blessings as Light, and save Astra Blessings for more suited units later.

Well, alright then. I'm not rushing to climb anyway, yeah. And maybe down the line we'll get a really good new Astra mythic too. We kinda do need more than just Naga at this point.

So last night I got excited about the new focus banner because as a newer player I never got a free Brave Lyn and Hector because, well he's Hector (and that sweet DC fodder 😉). Anyway, I spent around 35 orbs, and didn't get either. No surprise, but I did pull a Velouria. How can I use her in AR? Should I build a team with her, Caineghis, & Reyson? What kind of build should I give her and Caineghis? Keep in mind I don't have any DC fodder, so I can't make her a vantage sweeper. But what about some kind of support for Caineghis?

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I often have him sitting next to his allies though, so a Bond seal hasn't been useless on him. And I make sure those allies aren't in enemy range, generally. But QR seal might not be a bad idea anyway.

Bonds are bad for tanks in AR-O, as said by others, having support units adjacent to your tank makes them easy pickings for danced nukers that carry rally skills. 

That is why drives and skills like M!Corrin’s weapon are so valued in Aether raids offense, and why bond skills and similar skills are avoided like the plague. 

The rest of the advice given is sound as well, light is where Ike shines. 

Have you tried testing our defense teams yet and made replays?

Just now, TEKWRX said:

So last night I got excited about the new focus banner because as a newer player I never got a free Brave Lyn and Hector because, well he's Hector (and that sweet DC fodder 😉). Anyway, I spent around 35 orbs, and didn't get either. No surprise, but I did pull a Velouria. How can I use her in AR? Should I build a team with her, Caineghis, & Reyson? What kind of build should I give her and Caineghis? Keep in mind I don't have any DC fodder, so I can't make her a vantage sweeper. But what about some kind of support for Caineghis?

Velouria works best supporting with a Galeforcer (preferably one that has low bulk), and she herself can run Galeforce too. She can run something like this:

Wolfpup Fang
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse — Spd Smoke — Def Smoke — Savage Blow
Atk/Spd — Darting Blow — Flashing Blade

Time's Pulse is expensive, so if you do not have that, then I recommend running Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal slot to make sure she can charge Galeforce more consistently. I recommend Wings of Mercy on the B slot so she can swoop in to help her Galeforce partner, so she works better with Galeforcers like Peri than Tibarn.

26 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Have you tried testing our defense teams yet and made replays?

Oh, no. I forgot about that, sorry... And I guess I haven't felt like playing a lot of Heroes lately in general because some other games that came out are things now (like Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon) and I've had to work on school work from time to time too.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

Velouria works best supporting with a Galeforcer (preferably one that has low bulk), and she herself can run Galeforce too. She can run something like this:

Wolfpup Fang
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse — Spd Smoke — Def Smoke — Savage Blow
Atk/Spd — Darting Blow — Flashing Blade

Time's Pulse is expensive, so if you do not have that, then I recommend running Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal slot to make sure she can charge Galeforce more consistently. I recommend Wings of Mercy on the B slot so she can swoop in to help her Galeforce partner, so she works better with Galeforcers like Peri than Tibarn.

Thanks. So If I used Caineghis as my tank, would the rest of the team work with Velouria, Galeforcer (Mareeta or Cordelia now, but will be making others soon as I can afford), Dancer (Reyson or L!Azura), & Eir?

Is Naesala effective with Galeforce? I figure keeping this team mostly beasts would benefit them all and keep them transformed. I have enough grails right now to grab at least one copy of him. Would this team be viable for AR now, or is it a waste of resources?

@Anacybele Congrats on Ike getting DC! As for season, he barely manages the toughest setups on Light season with Double Eir blessings. You may run into issues on Astra season, though his percentage decrease may be enough for most.

This is the Ike I have been using (Pic taken while AR battling so blessings and such are active on his stats)-
E2xhDyX.png
The team has ATK/DEF/RES Tactics and he has Brave Lucina running Distant Guard and drive Res as his support partner and so gets another +8/+11 to his defenses against ranged threats in addition to the cooldown boost. So when he is defending against a mage he has 50RES. And yet I have lost him twice(once to mages, and once to a galeforce defense team). He can still be overrun by mages/healers and the hardest physical hitters are still an issue. And QR is just about needed if you don't want WoM shenanigans, many threats have survived with the 1-20 HP after one hit from his special. As it is my team has had to survive Legendary Azura porting in to smack the New Catria(who is my bonus unit of choice) on several occasions  due to something like Sothis surviving with single digit HP.  Of course this is my experience at my Tier. Even the gamepress write-up seems to indicate that QR seal isn't a strict requirement to make him work, so I guess it is doable but I prefer the assurance of having it on him.

I am not sure how Special Spiral plays in this if you have breath support other than helping make sure he gets max HP from Aether procing when the Foe has more HP even when stuff like Guard is in play or when slow foes fail to double. But that could prove useful.  But of course in your case it is being used to make up for lack of infantry breath support. Too bad you don't have a Nah(for some reason I thought you did, but double checked your barracks post and nope don't see her). She could make a good buddy between breath spurring and being able to stand beside him more easily thanks to broad followup blocking and bonus doubler making her able to get some really high stats. Also could help punch through Sutr, who can be a pain.

But anyways long rambling aside I do hope he helps with your AR woes. Despite losing him twice this week he and Lucina has made this week far less stressful for me than usual.

Edited by Usana

29 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks. So If I used Caineghis as my tank, would the rest of the team work with Velouria, Galeforcer (Mareeta or Cordelia now, but will be making others soon as I can afford), Dancer (Reyson or L!Azura), & Eir?

If you are using Caineghis primarily as a tank, I do not recommend using him with the rest of the team since tanks require different types of support from Player Phase teams.

If you are running Caineghis as a Galeforce unit, then I think he should be fine.

29 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Is Naesala effective with Galeforce? I figure keeping this team mostly beasts would benefit them all and keep them transformed. I have enough grails right now to grab at least one copy of him. Would this team be viable for AR now, or is it a waste of resources?

Yes. The only issue is that he lacks a self sufficient way of activating Galeforce, so if you run Velouria and partner her with him, he should be good to go. You still might want to put Quickened Pulse on Naesala though in case he is going against an enemy unit that cannot counterattack, so he just needs to hit twice to fully charge Galeforce.

Tibarn, Naesala, Velouria, Reyson, and Leanne together seems good on paper, although it is just that it scores badly.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Usana said:

@Anacybele Congrats on Ike getting DC! As for season, he barely manages the toughest setups on Light season with Double Eir blessings. You may run into issues on Astra season, though his percentage decrease may be enough for most.

This is the Ike I have been using -
E2xhDyX.png
The team has ATK/DEF/RES Tactics and he has Brave Lucina running Distant Guard and drive Res as his support partner and so gets another +8/+11 to his defenses against ranged threats in addition to the cooldown boost. So when he is defending against a mage he has 50RES. And yet I have lost him twice(once to mages, and once to a galeforce defense team). He can still be overrun by mages/healers and the hardest physical hitters are still an issue. And QR is just about needed if you don't want WoM shenanigans, many threats have survived with the 1-20 HP after one hit from his special. As it is my team has had to survive Legendary Azura porting in to smack the New Catria(who is my bonus unit of choice) on several occasions  due to something like Sothis surviving with single digit HP.  Of course this is my experience at my Tier. Even the gamepress write-up seems to indicate that QR seal isn't a strict requirement to make him work, so I guess it is doable but I prefer the assurance of having it on him.

I am not sure how Special Spiral plays in this if you have breath support other than helping make sure he gets max HP from Aether procing when the Foe has more HP even when stuff like Guard is in play or when slow foes fail to double. But that could prove useful.  But of course in your case it is being used to make up for lack of infantry breath support. Too bad you don't have a Nah(for some reason I thought you did, but double checked your barracks post and nope don't see her). She could make a good buddy between breath spurring and being able to stand beside him more easily thanks to broad followup blocking and bonus doubler making her able to get some really high stats. Also could help punch through Sutr, who can be a pain.

But anyways long rambling aside I do hope he helps with your AR woes. Despite losing him twice this week he and Lucina has made this week far less stressful for me than usual.

I see. Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever pulled anyone who has Null C-Disrupt. Special Spiral came from a bad IV Lewyn and I thought it'd be handy to make Ike proc Aether more and keep himself healed to help his tanking stuff.

Yeah, I don't have Nah. You might be thinking I had her because I have Halloween Myrrh (who also has DC btw. I gave it to her when I pulled a few male Byleths when he debuted. Maybe Halloween Myrrh would be a good idea to try on an Astra team then?)? I dunno. xP

As for Surtr, I like using my Bunny Palla to take care of him and other armors because she also kills traps.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Yeah, she can use a res boost. But I think Ike will perform better than her as a tank on Light Season, even more since he can counter at all ranges. But you could still use her in Light as a support for Ike and as a second unit that could tank some enemies if needed. I think you probably won't need another unit for combat aside from Ike if you have some Drive support from him, but on some maps you could have enemies coming from various sides.

For now, I think you should just Light Bless Ike, test him out (maybe just slap Drive Atk and Drive Res in one of your units) and check if you think you still need F!Robin on Light.

a proper built Ike will outshine any Tank on Astra Season until an Astra Mythic with Res boost arrives. He just needs a proper built.

19 minutes ago, Hilda said:

a proper built Ike will outshine any Tank on Astra Season until an Astra Mythic with Res boost arrives. He just needs a proper built.

When Ophelia hits you with a 40+ blazing wind before combat and has hardy bearing, you’re not going to be tanking anything. 

If not ophelia, a hardy bearing lilina or any other green/red mage with Hb shreds him.  

Hell, even my unbuffed aversa with TA and HB kills a fully buffed Ike on a defense tile during light. 

Ike functions great on Light, nowadays he’s trash on Astra until a +Res boosting muthic comes along. That’s mostly because he was so good. Pretty much every defense team in the last few weeks has adjusted to having a B!Ike check. He was so impactful people changed their defenses around him alone. This focus on countering B!Ike has given other units better matchups, while he himself suffers for it since he has a huge target on his back.