Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

9 hours ago, daisy jane said:

well i am still very proud. 
Honestly. i would do a second account but the fact it took me soo long to get Skylivia, and Airzura/Azura, and Myrrhs etc, i'd like be whatever. 

No one posted-  soo..

image0.png

is is normal

this is new

image1.png

and this willprobably never happen again

image2.png

i had a lot of help this week, and i can cross off "get gold throne" in AR. honestly, i was so appreciative of the help i got and i learned a lot, but equally what i learned is that just trying to get a bronze throne is good enough for me LOL. AR is stress. 

GOLD THROOOONEEE, CONGRATS!!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used three ladders trying to make Kronya work but I could not. Did my fourth match, because there was no way my Kronya could handle that one, I used my default team and I won with 2 surviving units. Not a great start.

Ok, I now have enough dew to get B!Lucina's refine. So what else should I give her that will be helpful in AR, specifically a B slot since right now she has nothing.  I know a link skill was recommended, the only one I have available to fodder is Atk/Def Link 3 from Mordecai and would cost 20k feathers. I do have Spd/Def Link 3 from 4* Norne, but I've started merging her and I'd like to keep the copies if I could. Would WoM be good on Lucina? That way she could teleport back to Ike if they get separated? IDK

I'm also thinking about giving galefore to Altina. Good idea? Bad idea? Akariss said today that galeforce might be the only viable way to use her in AR since she's a poor support unit. I already have a red vantage sweeper in Tharja so I don't know if I should have two red sweepers. Other galeforcers I have are Mareeta, Cordelia, and Cherche but none are completely built yet (Cordelia is probably the closest to being finished). I did just promote Naesala to 5*, and I was possibly thinking of him too. I really want Altina to work though because I like her best, lol. 

I also picked up a Duma this morning. Should i be using him on Offense or Defense, or both? I see that right now is Astra & Anima season, so I know I should be doing something with both him and Altina, but I'm still not clear on how all that works. Can somebody give me a TL;DR? 😁

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Ok, I now have enough dew to get B!Lucina's refine. So what else should I give her that will be helpful in AR, specifically a B slot since right now she has nothing.  I know a link skill was recommended, the only one I have available to fodder is Atk/Def Link 3 from Mordecai and would cost 20k feathers. I do have Spd/Def Link 3 from 4* Norne, but I've started merging her and I'd like to keep the copies if I could. Would WoM be good on Lucina? That way she could teleport back to Ike if they get separated? IDK

I'm also thinking about giving galefore to Altina. Good idea? Bad idea? Akariss said today that galeforce might be the only viable way to use her in AR since she's a poor support unit. I already have a red vantage sweeper in Tharja so I don't know if I should have two red sweepers. Other galeforcers I have are Mareeta, Cordelia, and Cherche but none are completely built yet (Cordelia is probably the closest to being finished). I did just promote Naesala to 5*, and I was possibly thinking of him too. I really want Altina to work though because I like her best, lol.

I would go with Swordbreaker or R Tomebreaker on BH!Lucina to help her shutdown reds. I lean towards Swordbreaker since I do not see a lot of red mages outside of Lilina and Aversa. Lilina is slow, and Aversa usually is not fast enough to double BH!Lucina if she is running HP skills.

For Altina, she is fine with either Galeforce or Counter-Vantage, it depends on her teammates. If she has a Galeforce teammate, then she should go Counter-Vantage, and vice versa. Since you are already building both a red Counter-Vantage unit and a red Galeforcer, I do not think it really matters which way you take Altina since she is already clashing with both. Counter-Vantage is cheaper in my opinion since Altina can make do with her default skill set, and you just need to give her an Assist and a suitable C skill. In terms of addressing the clashing, just make sure whoever she clashes with is Light Blessed, so Altina would not be clashing with them very much since she would be used during Astra Season.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

I also picked up a Duma this morning. Should i be using him on Offense or Defense, or both? I see that right now is Astra & Anima season, so I know I should be doing something with both him and Altina, but I'm still not clear on how all that works. Can somebody give me a TL;DR? 😁

Duma does not do anything on offense besides dealing damage. The amount of damage he deals is not really worth the slot in my opinion even if you have him on a Counter-Vantage team. Healers and Healing Tower (D) are everywhere.

You can put him on defense to reduce the amount of Lift you lose, but you also need to Bless those units to make it work. You can find the formula on the wiki on hot much Lift lost it reduces by. Basically, you want 2 Mythics and 4 Blessed Heroes. If you do not care about securing defense wins too much, then you can give 4 or 5 units that are crappy Anima Blessings. Seliph is not crappy, but he is a good for stalling, and he can run a Counter-Vantage-esque set to catch players off guard.

Personally, I would design a defense team around Thrasir than Duma. Duma is not exactly good unless you are willing to dump a huge amount of resources into him to make him work.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Swordbreaker or R Tomebreaker on BH!Lucina to help her shutdown reds. I lean towards Swordbreaker since I do not see a lot of red mages outside of Lilina and Aversa. Lilina is slow, and Aversa usually is not fast enough to double BH!Lucina if she is running HP skills.

OK, I'll give Swordbreaker a try and see how it does. It's cheap enough to experiment with. 

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Altina, she is fine with either Galeforce or Counter-Vantage, it depends on her teammates. If she has a Galeforce teammate, then she should go Counter-Vantage, and vice versa. Since you are already building both a red Counter-Vantage unit and a red Galeforcer, I do not think it really matters which way you take Altina since she is already clashing with both. Counter-Vantage is cheaper in my opinion since Altina can make do with her default skill set, and you just need to give her an Assist and a suitable C skill. In terms of addressing the clashing, just make sure whoever she clashes with is Light Blessed, so Altina would not be clashing with them very much since she would be used during Astra Season.

I guess she's been doing OK for me so far with Vantage, I guess I'll stick with it for now and see how it goes. In fact, I just swept my first match of the season using her and Tharja. In fact, the match ended so quick on the first enemy phase, I didn't have a chance to even try for the pots 😲 I've got Altina ally supported with Velouria so she has instant Twin Blades. Here's the team I used, am I supposed to bless everyone there (except Altina) with an Astra bless to earn more lift? Or is it just to buff the units up when they deploy with Altina? Since blessings are rare and I can't really swap them every season, does that mean I will have to come up with a few different effective teams, with some blessed Light, and the others Astra?

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Personally, I would design a defense team around Thrasir than Duma. Duma is not exactly good unless you are willing to dump a huge amount of resources into him to make him work.

Yeah, I wish I could. I really like Thrasir as a character 10x better than Duma. In fact, Thrasir's debut banner came out right when I first stared playing the game and I pulled so many green orbs trying to get her. I didn't even understand why she was any good, I just thought she looked cool and I saw a few YouTube videos talking about how good she might be (of course, I had no idea what anyone in the videos were talking about at that point, LOL). Of course I didn't get her, and looking through my barracks it looks like Spring Veronica was the only 5* I got from that banner. Uggg. Hope she gets re-run soon

15 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Here's the team I used, am I supposed to bless everyone there (except Altina) with an Astra bless to earn more lift? Or is it just to buff the units up when they deploy with Altina?

When you use Astra Mythics during Astra Season, you will get more Lift and any Astra Blessed Heroes will get a buff. Legendaries Heroes will also count as having Astra Blessing if it is during their Legendary Season.

19 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Since blessings are rare and I can't really swap them every season, does that mean I will have to come up with a few different effective teams, with some blessed Light, and the others Astra?

Yes. Ideally, you will eventually want to have 4 to 5 Light teams and 4 to 5 Astra teams. I think 4 of each team is more than enough, since I do not think it is a good idea to devote all 10 of your team slots to maximize score. You want to have a really good performance team that will guarantee you a win. Trying to create 5 teams to counter every defense in existence while also providing max scoring does not sound very feasible, or at least it will not be cheap.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

When you use Astra Mythics during Astra Season, you will get more Lift and any Astra Blessed Heroes will get a buff. Legendaries Heroes will also count as having Astra Blessing if it is during their Legendary Season.

Thanks. That makes sense.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes. Ideally, you will eventually want to have 4 to 5 Light teams and 4 to 5 Astra teams. I think 4 of each team is more than enough, since I do not think it is a good idea to devote all 10 of your team slots to maximize score. You want to have a really good performance team that will guarantee you a win. Trying to create 5 teams to counter every defense in existence while also providing max scoring does not sound very feasible, or at least it will not be cheap.

Thanks again. I never noticed the change season button on the Edit Raiding Parties screen. I just thought you could only have a total of 5 teams.

Do you think I should start blessing units now, or should I wait some more until I have more experience and more consistent wins?

@TEKWRX I would keep Altina as a Counter Vantage in your scenario. She does do physical rather than magical damage so in some bizarre circumstances where the enemies are ludicrously res stacked you might find it better to throw Altina at the foes than Tharja. Would be rare though, but even when that unlikely scenario doesn't pop up you have a back up vantage for when you mess up your math and miss a kill by a handful of hp. Winning with one lost unit is better than losing entirely(though either can ruin you if you are pushing for top rank).

Since you're not going to have a good Fort D level, Duma's best use is to shove him on a team with a bunch of on-season legendaries. If you don't have enough to fill, you can do what was suggested above and bless units you don't think you'll use for offense. You're very unlikely to run out of Dark and Anima Blessings, anyway (Light/Astra is way more demanding in that regard). Duma + 3 blessed (or on-season legendary) units will save you 15 Lift every time you take a defense loss, which will help you advance during the Astra/Anima pair.

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Since you're not going to have a good Fort D level, Duma's best use is to shove him on a team with a bunch of on-season legendaries. If you don't have enough to fill, you can do what was suggested above and bless units you don't think you'll use for offense. You're very unlikely to run out of Dark and Anima Blessings, anyway (Light/Astra is way more demanding in that regard). Duma + 3 blessed (or on-season legendary) units will save you 15 Lift every time you take a defense loss, which will help you advance during the Astra/Anima pair.

OK, cool. I'll try that. This week is Fire & Earth, I think I have a few legendaries that match up and a few blessed low tier units from back when I first tried to make teams for the blessed gardens. If it will slow the lift bleeding on losses, that should be a little help.

Oh and @XRay, your defense map is pretty brutal. I practiced against it a few times. Once I even got down to one vs one, but I still failed. I haven't been able to replicate it though, so I don't know what moves I made to get to that point, lol. How long did it take you to assemble your full teams of +10 units?

15 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Oh and @XRay, your defense map is pretty brutal. I practiced against it a few times. Once I even got down to one vs one, but I still failed. I haven't been able to replicate it though, so I don't know what moves I made to get to that point, lol. How long did it take you to assemble your full teams of +10 units?

My defense map should be pretty easy once you have a super tank.

It took me about a year to build them. It took me a while to save up enough Feathers for Olivia back then. Feathers should be far more plentiful now though.

Edited by XRay

I did pretty well today. The map was easy!

Spoiler

Screenshot-20191204-062207.png

No one had HB, so Altina easily baited Nino from below the Fountain, while Hawkeye took care of Clair in the right side.  Based on that Throne's number, I believe this is a recent player in Tier 21+.

I didn't have two Nagas before, but now I have a Naga and a Altina, and it's pretty good to get 160 (320 in x2 matches) Lift in Astra Seasons as well.

3 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

OK, cool. I'll try that. This week is Fire & Earth, I think I have a few legendaries that match up and a few blessed low tier units from back when I first tried to make teams for the blessed gardens. If it will slow the lift bleeding on losses, that should be a little help.

Legendaries that have the same blessing that is active during astra/anima season do hep reduce lift, regular fire/earth blessed units do not. You need anima blessed units for that to work, so the blessed gardens units won’t help you reduce lift.

Also, I’d like to add you to my FRiend list as well, mind sending me an invite? Fc is in my signature.

Surrendered one map today because I couldn't manage to gut a Hardy Bearing Brave Eliwood. Even Panne missed the one shot K.O. with her effective damage, though only barely. And she was my clutch unit against this type of matchup. Probably the 10 extra HP from the dual blessings. Panne normally shouldn't have trouble on the one shot against him, but 10 HP is a lot of extra bulk against a single hit.

I've started thinking. I think my Silas could be a good mixed tank to use in AR if I gave him DC in the A slot and made his seal Distant/Close Def. Or if it's ever made into a seal, Bracing Stance (because I don't think DC is ever going to be a seal lol). He currently has 26 Res, and with a few buffs, that can become a pretty decent stat on top of his 48 Def.

Obviously, he can't ever be as good a mixed tank as Brave Ike, but this still sounds good.

Edited by Anacybele

After Thrasir burned 3 of my Ladders yesterday, I decided to worth on Sothis and W!Tharja as counters because I'm tired of her and I couldn't care less about Sothis being a Dark Mythic if she can kill Thrasirs~ Tharja performed pretty well in practice matches so once I get a bad IV M!Corrin, I'll pair him up with her~

In today's news, I got two easy matches. One was an armor stall ft. Aversa and Eir which went down easily to S!Lyn and Elise, and a kinda random team that M!Kana could tank~

My Defense has not lost a single match this week and it's killing me because I just want to do rematches, FML~

8 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Also, I’d like to add you to my FRiend list as well, mind sending me an invite? Fc is in my signature.

Invite sent. My name in FEH is Hálfdan

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

After Thrasir burned 3 of my Ladders yesterday, I decided to worth on Sothis and W!Tharja as counters because I'm tired of her and I couldn't care less about Sothis being a Dark Mythic if she can kill Thrasirs~ Tharja performed pretty well in practice matches so once I get a bad IV M!Corrin, I'll pair him up with her~

I got the free W!Tharja form the black friday deal, and I really like her. How dd you build yours, and why do you want to pair a bad IV M!Corrin with her? I stopped using my Corrin with my regular Tharja, should I pair him up with the winter version?

3 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I got the free W!Tharja form the black friday deal, and I really like her. How dd you build yours, and why do you want to pair a bad IV M!Corrin with her? I stopped using my Corrin with my regular Tharja, should I pair him up with the winter version?

Her base kit, Atk Smoke, Aether, and Warding Stance Seal (but may change to Fort Res 3 if I get a -Atk M!Corrin). I use L!Eliwood and he gives his boosts to the unit with the highest Atk. W!Tharja's Atk is lower than M!Corrin's so I need a -Atk so he does not get the Bonus Doubler boosts that Tharja should have~

I have only  tested her against a couple of mock battles and she has done decently. Once I start using her more officially, I'll let you know if she's worth the investment. Mine will be with 2 Nagas so she has an extra 10 defense. Yours may be a bit disadvantaged in that regard and it may be perhaps a bit risky.

23 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Invite sent. My name in FEH is Hálfdan

Accepted! Good luck practicing vs my defense teams =p

Once you’re ready to start investing in a defense map, I’ll try it out and see if there are any tips and advice to give. For now though, your offense is more important. =]

Some of you guys have recommended a Pain+ healer for use in AR, especially against armor teams. After just doing the Grandmaster 4 tactics drill, I saw first hand that it can be effective (and fun). Even though I don't have a cav team setup, I assume a cav healer is overall better because of mobility? In that case I want to start building Priscilla, because I like her better than Nana and already have 6 copies of her. What is her best IV for that kind of role? Right now I have +Hp -Spd, +Def -HP, & +Spd -Res to choose from. Which one to promote now and start off building? What are some other skills that would be helpful for her? I assume double Savage Blow, and probably Dazzling Staff? I don't have any Dazzling fodder, so is that just a matter of waiting for a unit to show up on a banner as a focus? Or is there a inheritable staff that's easier to come by?  Not sure what else to build. Are there any infantry healers in the 3-4* pool that will do the role better? 

+Atk is usually best, though it only really matters that much if you have the Wrathful refine or B. Speaking of which, all generic staff+s can be refined with either the Wrathful or Dazzling effect for 50 stones. No need to wait for Dazzling fodder. Also, consider Dazzling Gravity+. The AI tends to get messed up pretty bad by it.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi