Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. The one I have is +Atk. I guess I have to go pull another Corrin too then? -_-

The nature does not matter too much if M!Corrin is not highly merged/Flowered and if you are not using Eliwood: Blazing Knight.

In my opinion, you want an M!Corrin with +Spd and Life and Death to soak Chill Atk and Chill Spd, and if you are using BK!Eliwood, you can just replace Life and Death with Speed +3. You also want another M!Corrin with +Res and Fort Def/Res to soak Chill Def and Chill Res. Drawing Chills to himself is not something I would worry too much about though, since it does not give as much bang for your buck as you need a lot of Hero Feathers and Dragonflowers.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. The one I have is +Atk. I guess I have to go pull another Corrin too then? -_-

Not really. You Corrin will work fine as +Atk. A +Atk refined Corrin will have 53 Atk, which is good. His Spd will be 34, which becomes 38 if you use Peony. You can even use a boosting spd A skill for him. I use Steady Posture on my Corrin, for example. His main role will be to boost Ike's stats, since he will be able to grant him Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat when within 2 spaces of him (6 if adjacent)

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

The nature does not matter too much if M!Corrin is not highly merged/Flowered and if you are not using Eliwood: Blazing Knight.

In my opinion, you want an M!Corrin with +Spd and Life and Death to soak Chill Atk and Chill Spd, and if you are using BK!Eliwood, you can just replace Life and Death with Speed +3. You also want another M!Corrin with +Res and Fort Def/Res to soak Chill Def and Chill Res. Drawing Chills to himself is not something I would worry too much about though, since it does not give as much bang for your buck as you need a lot of Hero Feathers and Dragonflowers.

Yeah, I don't really want to have to build two male Corrins if I don't really have to though...

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not really. You Corrin will work fine as +Atk. A +Atk refined Corrin will have 53 Atk, which is good. His Spd will be 34, which becomes 38 if you use Peony. You can even use a boosting spd A skill for him. I use Steady Posture on my Corrin, for example. His main role will be to boost Ike's stats, since he will be able to grant him Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat when within 2 spaces of him (6 if adjacent)

Okay then, that's fine.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't really want to have to build two male Corrins if I don't really have to though...

Okay then, that's fine.

The two Corrins idea is not bad, since the bonuses granted by them will stack, so Ike can have +10 whne within 2 spaces of both Corrins, but I would recommend building only one for now.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The two Corrins idea is not bad, since the bonuses granted by them will stack, so Ike can have +10 whne within 2 spaces of both Corrins, but I would recommend building only one for now.

Also will take up two spots in the team though, when I could fill one spot with a refresher or something.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Also will take up two spots in the team though, when I could fill one spot with a refresher or something.

For light seasons, Peony can be the refresher.

Eir, Peony, Ike, Corrin and Corrin is a good team.  Of course, with his bad Res, Ike maybe enjoy having 2 Eirs instead.

Note that only the Yato bonuses stack—not the support bonus. This would still have two M!Corrins giving +5 all stats and +4 all stats, though.

As far as Gordin goes, his Atk is a bit low, so he really wants Chill Def (which Klein should cover) and Atk Tactic support. Flier balls love to stack Ward Fliers and often bring at least one Iote's, so make sure you do the calcs (I've run into Ests with 52 Def when in formation, never mind the fliers with actual good base Defs).

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In my opinion, super tanks do not need Dancers/Singers as much as they need buffers.

With 2 M!Corrins, BH!Ike can get 12/12/12/12 stat buffs, assuming you run one of each Drive.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Note that only the Yato bonuses stack—not the support bonus. This would still have two M!Corrins giving +5 all stats and +4 all stats, though.

As far as Gordin goes, his Atk is a bit low, so he really wants Chill Def (which Klein should cover) and Atk Tactic support. Flier balls love to stack Ward Fliers and often bring at least one Iote's, so make sure you do the calcs (I've run into Ests with 52 Def when in formation, never mind the fliers with actual good base Defs).

Oh, that's true. I kinda forgot about it.

Also, Gordin may be better for Astra, since he may have a bad time against dragons if he doesn't kill them right away, and Naga can help him with this job.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, I decided to build this guy in hopes he can help in AR with annoying flier teams and bulky enemies.

b2NPLK6.jpg

The flier teams and bulky enemies are what I have the most trouble with. Savage Blow can knock down more HP on those bulkier units and with buffs, Gordin should be able to take down any flier. Renewal is there to help his bulk since he's surprisingly kinda physically tanky. He might do well if I put him on a team with Klein, my other nuke with a bow, and a mage or dragon-slayer since a lot of bulky enemies are armors or dragons.

Unless you really like him, I do not recommend using Gordin at all. The easiest way to take out a flier team is to simply super tank it. My Sharena can do it consistently provided she is a bonus unit, so I am pretty sure BH!Ike can too. Alternatively, if you really want to go the archer route, you want to use an archer with high Atk, and give that archer Counter-Vantage. Gordin has really low Atk, so he is not suited for that role; keep in mind that Firesweep and Iote's Shield will make Counter-Vantage a lot more difficult so I do not really recommend it unless you have spare resources to throw around.

Unless you really like Gordin, I do not recommend spending Dew on him. I do not recommend spending Dew on anyone unless they can serve some specific purpose that you absolutely need after you have used them (or units similar to them) or if you really like them. If you have not used a unit a lot before or if you do not care too much about unit, do not spend Dew on them.

For the skills themselves, I strongly advise against Renewal or any healing skills on a combat unit. Running a healing skill on a combat unit is a huge waste since that slot could been used for damage output or damage reduction. Gordin with Renowned Bow is a Player Phase unit, so it does not make sense to give him Renewal since he should not be tanking in the first place. He is going to get himself killed if he stays on the frontline with his shit Spd and crap bulk during Enemy Phase.

Additionally, I also strongly advise against running Bond skills on Player Phase units because you are extremely unlikely to run into a situation where you can have another unit accompany the nuke on the frontlines adjacently consistently. This is not in high tier Arena where enemies are slow movement wise, lack good offensive ranged enemies, and maps are symmetrical and generally laid out in the offensive players' favor.

If you still want to use Gordin, this is the setup I would use:
+Atk
Renowned Bow
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow
Lull Atk/Def — Special Spiral — (Any Breaker)
Def Smoke — (Any C)
Sturdy Blow

One person says Chill Def for Gordin, another tells me other skills or to just not use him in AR.

Well, either way is fine. I also built Gordin because I had a 5 star one I pulled for free on a banner he was in as well as a +Atk one ready to upgrade, so I upgraded that one and merged and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For light seasons, Peony can be the refresher.

Eir, Peony, Ike, Corrin and Corrin is a good team.  Of course, with his bad Res, Ike maybe enjoy having 2 Eirs instead.

True, yeah. I'm going to see how I do with one Corrin first though, before I resort to building another. Especially if somewhere down the road, IS decides to make some rule where you can't run two of the same unit.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Especially if somewhere down the road, IS decides to make some rule where you can't run two of the same unit.

Honestly, I don't see it happening. It would make players that +10ed two Eirs so mad.

One thing that I would love, though, is to limit the number of dancers to only one in both offense and defense, but I don't believe it will happen.

XRay's build works fine and would work in tandem with what I said, really. Assuming you put him on the same team as Klein like you said you would, anyway (Klein has Chill Def built into his bow if you refined it). I'd still expect some difficulty muscling through Ward Flier flier balls, though, so make sure you do the calcs. The upshoot is with you running two Brave Bow prfs, Goad Flier flier balls are going to have a bad time (unfortunately, those ones are rarer).

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Honestly, I don't see it happening. It would make players that +10ed two Eirs so mad.

One thing that I would love, though, is to limit the number of dancers to only one in both offense and defense, but I don't believe it will happen.

Yeah, I don't think that will happen either. But I would like that dancer limit. 😕

Gordin and Klein are great for AR Defense, but not with those skills.

And another reminder, if you struggle with bulky defenses so much. Practice and record yourself playing mock battles vs our def teams. I have a flier balls you can try against as many times as you want and it won’t cost any lift since it is a mock battle. Record it, show is and we can see how you play. That way we can show you what you are doing wrong.

Always check your opponents builds, lol. I had a match today that I thought looked fairly easy for my B!Ike team. Thinks were going good and B!Ike was doing his thing tanking and killing everybody, when all of the sudden Aversa got danced and then preceded to nuke B!Ike off the map. I think it was 72x2 damage! I assumed most people running Aversa in AR would stick to her PRF tome because it's so useful. I guess not... 🙄 I still won the match, but from now I will be checking every unit closely, even the likes f Peony & Azura lol

AtAB6J1l.jpg  

8 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I’ve explained this to you already quite some pages back.

You did? I don't remember for some reason... I guess that's my memory being kind of whack again like it has been these days...

Man, Bonus Fjorm with my highly invested build has just been silly. She normally doesn't need the bonus stats, so it's more or less like those Water-Wind seasons where I can run Bonus Tripler (her own Doubler plus L!Eliwood's boost). I can't wait for Water-Wind season to align with bonus Fjorm, because that's going to be all kinds of stupid overkill.

Soooooo

Since I stopped playing AR a couple weeks after it came out I was basically at tier 11 for like what... I dont even know how many months until I decided to reach 15 just to get the free Brave Ike (which I got just now)

Unfortunately because my fortress is only at level 2 every single match is an uphill battle. But still, I was able to make it this far (lost like 3 battles out of maybe 12 or something to get from 11 - 15 [could be more cause I wasnt keeping track and dont really care]). Everybody I fight has fortress at level 5 

And I'm just leik

Okey o_o

Anyhow, I'm not going to bother trying to make a super cheesy defense team because I care even less about that

ALL I WANT HELP WITH 

is building an astra team. Mostly because my light team is already pretty alright... I have Eir +5 and Peony with Soleil Nino and Olivia which is 145 lift. 

I have Nowi as Astra blessed but I'm thinking about having Nowi seap with Olivia for a better color balance and because apparently Thrasir destroys her (which I didnt think about).

I also have an Altina. I was thinking goad emblem to make things simple and avoid all the panic and other general stupidity 

@Vicious Sal

what sets do they normally run

Cause I have a +Atk Gordin and Klein at 4 star just sitting here. If their builds aren't too hard to make I may actually be able to pull off an okay-ish defense team

Edited by Arcanite

On 12/13/2019 at 11:51 PM, Icelerate said:

Peony is a really amazing mythic hero. They actually managed to give us a mythic hero more useful than Eir. If only astra mythic heroes were as good as the light ones. 

Don't worry, either Plumeria or Peony's king will be an astra mythic with similar skills like Peony. I'm calling it right now.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This mode is always going to be unenjoyable and shitty...

It's very unenjoyable and shitty for those that don't invest into it. That's the sad problem about AR.

I had the mindset as you are until to look more into it. Not because I'm that much of a competetive guy but simply for more grails. Do you know the  kind of teams you can use on offense? So far I've seen 4.

Still haven't used my Peony at all this week, only used teams that had my combat-oriented +3 reposition Eir and the +1 smitebot/link Eir. A dancer offense mythic is very overrated if your tanks are sufficiently powerful.

+0 Peony just sits on a backup (163 team instead of 164) team in case double smite isn't enough to position correctly.

I'm more interested in whether Triandra would be a Dark mythic to mirror Peony, with that nasty Ruse effect.