Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first Success that counted today, and it was my 2nd success this season. Not good with defensive matches this time.

I am in Tier 25 right now, and I will have 3 matches to do tomorrow, without the need of getting the pots. I may reach Tier 26, but I am not confident.

Another good match with Sothis today, this time no deaths~ Missed one pot, unfortunately, though, but I got to gauge her interactions with Keaton and she tanked him just fine~ I've maxed her Support with M!Corrin so I'm fairly confident she can get the job done as long as she stays close to him~

HOLY NAGA! I barely reached Tier 26, and I am 100% guaranteed to stay in this tier. I already got a Success 7 hour ago, and even if there is the possibility of getting a full lift loss in the last hour, I will not fall back to Tier 25. My score is 13,064, and my full lift loss is -64.

jz7DqcP.png

3gjVxkS.png

I decided to get in one last match this season before getting on my flight for the holidays. Ended up against a beast team with a +1 fortress advantage over me. It came close a few times, with Cecilia being knocked down to 3-4 HP two different times. In the end I was able to use smart positioning and play to come out ahead. I didn't lose a unit and was even able to get both pots with one round to spare 😁 Thanks again to everybody for your wisdom and for answering my dopey questions . Here's a picture shortly after the first engagement. I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off at this point...

gq1BPr4l.jpg

And the result of the match was a tier increase! 😁 (At least until my inevitable multiple defense losses pull me back down a tier 😕 

53IzJ3Ll.jpg

Edited by TEKWRX

20 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I decided to get in one last match this season before getting on my flight for the holidays. Ended up against a beast team with a +1 fortress advantage over me. It came close a few times, with Cecilia being knocked down to 3-4 HP two different times. In the end I was able to use smart positioning and play to come out ahead. I didn't lose a unit and was even able to get both pots with one round to spare 😁 Thanks again to everybody for your wisdom and for answering my dopey questions . Here's a picture shortly after the first engagement. I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off at this point...

gq1BPr4l.jpg

And the result of the match was a tier increase! 😁 (At least until my inevitable multiple defense losses pull me back down a tier 😕 

53IzJ3Ll.jpg

Just out of curiosity. Why didn't you go for 140 lift with Altina?

15 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Just out of curiosity. Why didn't you go for 140 lift with Altina?

Today to guarantee victory in my last match, I used a 120 team but the higher score I can get is 160.

Maybe TEKWRX was not confident with his Astra Team, that decided to use some of his Light units to make sure that he would win that map.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Today to guarantee victory in my last match, I used a 120 team but the higher score I can get is 160.

Maybe TEKWRX was not confident with his Astra Team, that decided to use some of his Light units to make sure that he would win that map.

Could be

Yeah, my highest scoring team at 130 is the same comp as the one above except it has L!Alm instead of Aversa. I figured Aversa was the smarter choice because Tibarn and Nasalea were getting flier buffs. I hope to score a Naga on the upcoming banner to help my Astra scoring. 

For the first time ever I made it to T25, being currently at 5,635 in the ranks. This means I’m finally getting a throne, yay!

I probably won’t stay on Top 6,000 before the day ends, but Top 10,000 should be secured. 

6 hours ago, Super Endriu said:

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

You were right!

Screenshot_2019-12-23-11-06-53.thumb.png.8c8c6bf5053ce5ef9570e93a4d8659dd.png

Haha, geez, yeah, 9 defense within the first three days is absolutely insane. I don't think I've ever heard of a case like that before. In my experience, the average amount of attackers in a season is 9, so unless someone rematches you, the chances of a tenth rando attack are very low.

TEKWRX is also at a Fort disadvantage. In general, I think until Fort levels are at parity, it's best to concentrate on what wins rather than what scores higher. Granted, one should also be looking to the future when developing those teams, as AR can be a pretty harsh mistress, in terms of required investment, when it comes to pushing high score gains.

35 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Haha, geez, yeah, 9 defense within the first three days is absolutely insane. I don't think I've ever heard of a case like that before. In my experience, the average amount of attackers in a season is 9, so unless someone rematches you, the chances of a tenth rando attack are very low.

TEKWRX is also at a Fort disadvantage. In general, I think until Fort levels are at parity, it's best to concentrate on what wins rather than what scores higher. Granted, one should also be looking to the future when developing those teams, as AR can be a pretty harsh mistress, in terms of required investment, when it comes to pushing high score gains.

Yeah those fort disadvantages are crazy. It wasn't until recently when I got my def fort to 3+1 that I managed to get to tier18. Still bad but at least its not a 12 stat difference anymore.  I don't know if I should upgrade my offensive fort to 4+1 or start with my defense first.

2 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Yeah those fort disadvantages are crazy. It wasn't until recently when I got my def fort to 3+1 that I managed to get to tier18. Still bad but at least its not a 12 stat difference anymore.  I don't know if I should upgrade my offensive fort to 4+1 or start with my defense first.

I would prioritize offense over defense. Offense is where the bulk of your Lift comes from, and the losses from defense are rather limited.

Defense wasn't the best this week but it was alright~ Finishing in T25~

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

HOLY NAGA! I barely reached Tier 26, and I am 100% guaranteed to stay in this tier. I already got a Success 7 hour ago, and even if there is the possibility of getting a full lift loss in the last hour, I will not fall back to Tier 25. My score is 13,064, and my full lift loss is -64.

jz7DqcP.png

3gjVxkS.png

YAAAY CONGRATS!

2 hours ago, Jave said:

For the first time ever I made it to T25, being currently at 5,635 in the ranks. This means I’m finally getting a throne, yay!

I probably won’t stay on Top 6,000 before the day ends, but Top 10,000 should be secured. 

Congrats on your throne!

3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Last week, I had ten matches in few minutes: 

The rest of the week I only got few rematches. That happened to me the second time already. 

Huh, I guess I missed that. Definitely uncanny that it's happened to you twice. Still, your two plus Endriu's one is a pretty small count compared to how many weeks AR has been out. I curious as to just what kind of freak coincidences need to happen to line those up. I know Endriu is in T18, so I wonder if that one might be a bit underpopulated at this point. What tier are you in?

I've seen posts on Reddit every now and then that people can get 6-8 matches in very short periods of time, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes hours~ They usually don' get matched again during the rest of the week~ I'm not sure what causes it~