Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I've seen posts on Reddit every now and then that people can get 6-8 matches in very short periods of time, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes hours~ They usually don' get matched again during the rest of the week~ I'm not sure what causes it~

honestly i'd love to get all my attacks on me like that. then it would justbe smoooth sailing. 

@Jave did you get your throne?

I got my 2nd Silver throne today (First time in Astra) but this one was by myself 🙂 so pleased with me!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't touched this thread in forever but I got a nice milestone this season:

Tier 26 (13,200 lift) 

Which means it's the first time I got a gold throne and that's pretty awesome! Altina is such a great unit because she singlehandedly got me this high when I usually stay at tier 23 at best. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I haven't touched this thread in forever but I got a nice milestone this season:

Tier 26 (13,200 lift) 

Which means it's the first time I got a gold throne and that's pretty awesome! Altina is such a great unit because she singlehandedly got me this high when I usually stay at tier 23 at best. 

congrats!! it's always great to get those milestones!

Since I just got into tier 19, I can now add a 6th defensive unit for 300 stones. Should I do that right away, or is it better to wait a bit until I have more lift so I don't risk demoting back to T18 and losing the use of the 6th unit? If that happens it's like I wasted 300 stones for the time being. Or am I being silly and I should just do it? 

Man I just spent 6 turns performing surgery on this guy's base to Kronya sweep him in the end, but I goofed. I knew the Sturdy Impact Tibarn would be an issue, so I was suppose to kill the Reyson so no healing and an extra 14 savage blow damage, but I got spooked by a different unit and attacked them. The Tibarn proceeded to live on 1 HP and kill half my team. I bet that guy is going to have a good laugh.

I was able to sweep the next two teams I fought because they had no Hardy Bearing. Hopefully this season isn't too rough.

18 hours ago, daisy jane said:

honestly i'd love to get all my attacks on me like that. then it would justbe smoooth sailing. 

@Jave did you get your throne?

I got my 2nd Silver throne today (First time in Astra) but this one was by myself 🙂 so pleased with me!

I did! Only the Bronze one though.

And now that I have my first throne, I shall declare that there must be always someone polishing it at all times. All 376 heroes in my barracks must take turns to do so.

Since I'm not using M!Corrin during Light season because he's Astra blessed, I need a substitute support unit for B!Ike. My Caineghis is already Light blessed and he comes with Distant Guard already. I was thinking I'd give him a Link skill as he already has Shove and also give him a Drive seal. I could give him Spd/Def Link 3 from Norne, or I could do Atk/Def Link 2 from a 4* Mordecai. I figure he'd also be able to hold his own just as well if not better than Corrin if he gets attacked. Is it a stupid idea? If so, who else should I be looking at for support? I don't have the resources to build a second Corrin right now, but if that's the best option I could get started. I've also been thinking of promoting/building Mordecai recently so should I just pull the trigger and use him for support? 

8 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Since I'm not using M!Corrin during Light season because he's Astra blessed, I need a substitute support unit for B!Ike. My Caineghis is already Light blessed and he comes with Distant Guard already. I was thinking I'd give him a Link skill as he already has Shove and also give him a Drive seal. I could give him Spd/Def Link 3 from Norne, or I could do Atk/Def Link 2 from a 4* Mordecai. I figure he'd also be able to hold his own just as well if not better than Corrin if he gets attacked. Is it a stupid idea? If so, who else should I be looking at for support? I don't have the resources to build a second Corrin right now, but if that's the best option I could get started. I've also been thinking of promoting/building Mordecai recently so should I just pull the trigger and use him for support? 

I'm not sure why you'd build Caineghis to do Mordecai's job but significantly worse~ Caineghis is meant to be Supported, not the Supporter. Especially as an armored unit, he will be very unreliable for a role where he will need to be constantly following Ike around~ I would just use Mordecai as he is meant to be a Support unit~

Yeah you're tight. Armored movement would be a pain on a support unit. I was just looking at what I had available with minimal investment. I'll probably do Mordecai, unless you think there is somebody who would better and cheaper to build? I also like Titania but she would require dew to function properly, right? 

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Yeah you're tight. Armored movement would be a pain on a support unit. I was just looking at what I had available with minimal investment. I'll probably do Mordecai, unless you think there is somebody who would better and cheaper to build? I also like Titania but she would require dew to function properly, right? 

Yeah, she needs dew. I think Moredecai's a a fine Supporter. He comes with the Link and gives free debuffs with his Prf so I think he's considerably cheap as an option now~

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Shoot, I forgot to ask which Mordecai I should promote. I've got 2 to work with right now. +Atk - Spd or +Res - HP? 

I'd go with +Res personally because I have an aversion to using +Atk units on my AR teams since it relies on buffs from L!Eliwood. If you don't think you'll ever center a team around L!Eliwood in the future, though, +Atk is usually never a bad option~

I'm very glad I saved up. With a merge Eir and a Naga, this should make my AR experience much easier.

All I need is a dark mythic (preferably Sothis for possibly a future team).

Does anyone know when she is coming back? 

Edited by Nym

On 12/25/2019 at 8:39 PM, Nym said:

I'm very gladed I saved up. With a merge Eir and a Naga, this should make my AR experience much easier.

All I need is a dark mythic (preferably Sothia for possibly a future team).

Does anyone know when she is coming back? 

Feb. 
with her Husband Marth. again. (and Eirika)

Huh, @Alexmender , I fought someone today with your name. My guess is that it was you, but maybe not (names aren't bound to any user, ey?). It was a team full of Lyns and I was with Myrrh, Eirs, Leanne and Aversa. Normally, I just surrender and give theme teams I like a free win, but unfortunately, this week I was sloppy and had no charges left on my ladder, so I didn't.

Regardless, I like seeing teams like these to alter the boredom that is otherwise AR.

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Huh, @Alexmender , I fought someone today with your name. My guess is that it was you, but maybe not (names aren't bound to any user, ey?). It was a team full of Lyns and I was with Myrrh, Eirs, Leanne and Aversa. Normally, I just surrender and give theme teams I like a free win, but unfortunately, this week I was sloppy and had no charges left on my ladder, so I didn't.

Regardless, I like seeing teams like these to alter the boredom that is otherwise AR.

Yup, that was me. I pretty much gave up on trying to rank on light seasons so I just put a silly theme team as my defense for fun. The Lyns can get a kill every now and then but that's not expected. 

I wouldn't recommend facing my defense during Astra, though. It's when I play seriously and as such my defense team is full on annoyances like Fallen Tiki/Tibarn/etc.

56 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Yup, that was me. I pretty much gave up on trying to rank on light seasons so I just put a silly theme team as my defense for fun. The Lyns can get a kill every now and then but that's not expected. 

I wouldn't recommend facing my defense during Astra, though. It's when I play seriously and as such my defense team is full on annoyances like Fallen Tiki/Tibarn/etc.

Ah, makes sense. Why bother with futile attempts. Maybe not an efficient defense, but at least a welcome change, I can respect that.

Good thing RNG gave me your Light team, then. Unfortunately, random encounters will make me pay back todays leisure some other day with pure pain (probably tomorrow).

On 12/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Huh, I guess I missed that. Definitely uncanny that it's happened to you twice. Still, your two plus Endriu's one is a pretty small count compared to how many weeks AR has been out. I curious as to just what kind of freak coincidences need to happen to line those up. I know Endriu is in T18, so I wonder if that one might be a bit underpopulated at this point. What tier are you in?

Sorry, I missed your post since I don't check this topic often. 

When the wave of defensive matches happened, I was at tier 20, since it was the start of the season. The other time it was similar, but perhaps not the first day of season. 

The first time I thought it happened because I changed my map, because I got the rush of matches directly after the change. But the second time I didn't change my map the same day.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:05 PM, Landmaster said:

I've seen posts on Reddit every now and then that people can get 6-8 matches in very short periods of time, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes hours~ They usually don' get matched again during the rest of the week~ I'm not sure what causes it~

I think you can get 10 random matches max, but you can still get rematches. 

On 12/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, Landmaster said:

This is my most pathetic Light Season Offensively in a while~ Not because I'm losing, but because I'm only getting 100 Lift per match~ At least the Earth Season is helping my Defense.

Did you fodder off your peony? She is a big help for my offensive teams. 

Another season ending in Tier 26. My defenses were pretty bad in the first days, but yesterday and today I had some dumb player attacking me that granted me successes in both days, which resulted in my Tier 26. No Golden Throne though, which deesn't matter because I don't like them in the map. The throne itself is pretty cool, but I don't like the numbers on it.

EblzwPA.png

Just reached tier 19

Now I want to make a good defense team since it seems I dont have much trouble with getting lift. I have +Spd Igrene and I can do infantry pulse but I dont know if there's anything better I can do.

@XRay H E L P M E 

Please 😊

Male Corrin was a waste of resources. All I did today was lose in AR and waste my chance at actually making tier 21. He doesn't help Brave Ike at all. I was better off with Celica in that team. And yes, I did keep Corrin within two spaces of Ike as often as I could.

Edited by Anacybele