Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Make sure you have teams that focus on visible buffs but also teams that do not use visible buffs. Panic is so common and your Sothis could very easily get -12 or -13 to all stats by being panicked and debuffed. Most people have their shrines at max lvl so your sothis will most likely attract all chills since I don’t expect you to build your team around supporting Sothis with units that soak chills for her. Then, if you buff her with L!Azura for example, she gets +6 to all stats (or 7 if using a hone 4) which will most likely turn to panic since you’re not looking out for those things. That means her 46 speed turns to 34, 35 def becomes 23 and 40 def is now a measly 28. That’s a paper bag sothis. (Took the stats from a previous reply, don’t know if that took in consideration the in combat buffs sothis gets, but the point stands.)

Oh, yeah, only 54 HP after two Mythics leaves her vulnerable to the last two levels of Panic Manor, unless she's Summoner supported or picks up HP buffs from other sources. That's definitely a concern.

The stats I gave assumed neutral Sothis with just her weapon buff accounted for, so that looks about right for getting hit by Dark Shrine 5 and Panicked Tactics buffs. A properly supported Sothis will see +10 Def from double Naga, so  she's not as squishy there as she looks. It's a shame that M!Corrin's dead, since she'd probably appreciate his support if B!Ike isn't going to get it.

Unrelated, last night I encountered the defense of someone who must really hate Altina. They had a F!Delthea set up with 56 HP and Panic Ploy, plus the ability to, after Bonus Doubler, Def/Res Bond Seal and Death, hit 49 Def. Plus roughly 80 Atk. I'm kind of surprised she didn't have Hardy Bearing (their Deirdre had it and she wouldn't have done anything but die horribly against Altina), but given the formation, I think she was built to just tank Altina's attacks regardless of if Altina was baiting raw or already in Vantage mode. Unfortunately for her, that setup didn't do jack for her against B!Ike.

Oh yeah, if Sothis is getting debuffed to hell like that, that would explain why she's getting killed so easily. I don't know how to avoid those debuffs though. I tend to use drive seals to buff units as well as hone and fortify skills. So if she's debuffed to heck regardless of which type of buff she's trying to utilize, well...yeah.

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Unrelated, last night I encountered the defense of someone who must really hate Altina. They had a F!Delthea set up with 56 HP and Panic Ploy, plus the ability to, after Bonus Doubler, Def/Res Bond Seal and Death, hit 49 Def. Plus roughly 80 Atk. I'm kind of surprised she didn't have Hardy Bearing (their Deirdre had it and she wouldn't have done anything but die horribly against Altina), but given the formation, I think she was built to just tank Altina's attacks regardless of if Altina was baiting raw or already in Vantage mode. Unfortunately for her, that setup didn't do jack for her against B!Ike.

As someone who uses F!Delthea on Dark yet strangely runs into a lot of Altinas, HB isn't really necessary on her. Maybe because mine is +10 but she doesn't need Hardy Bearing to survive an EP attack from her. She's surprisingly tanky.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, if Sothis is getting debuffed to hell like that, that would explain why she's getting killed so easily. I don't know how to avoid those debuffs though. I tend to use drive seals to buff units as well as hone and fortify skills. So if she's debuffed to heck regardless of which type of buff she's trying to utilize, well...yeah.

If you don't think you can avoid standing under a Panic Manor or getting hit by the odd Panic Ploy/Panic+ Staff/Sudden Panic/Aversa's Night, then increasing her HP is probably your best option. Summoner Support C, a single Dragonflower level and HP +5 Seal would put her at 63 HP, would make her significantly harder to Panic.

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

As someone who uses F!Delthea on Dark yet strangely runs into a lot of Altinas, HB isn't really necessary on her. Maybe because mine is +10 but she doesn't need Hardy Bearing to survive an EP attack from her. She's surprisingly tanky.

Probably owing a fair amount to WTA in that scenario. Though the one I faced was tanky enough that only greens would be guaranteed to kill her.

10 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If you don't think you can avoid standing under a Panic Manor or getting hit by the odd Panic Ploy/Panic+ Staff/Sudden Panic/Aversa's Night, then increasing her HP is probably your best option. Summoner Support C, a single Dragonflower level and HP +5 Seal would put her at 63 HP, would make her significantly harder to Panic.

I already maxed her dragonflowers, so that HP seal is going to have to be what I try. I've already used up my Aether for today though, so I'll have to try tomorrow.

Astra is so much easier to score highly, with unmerged mythics I still got front page. It won’t hold since people will start doing their matches today, but still, rank 49  right now with not even a perfect week is rather absurd.

I used up all my ladders, and I lost an additional 3 matches, so Kronya is not doing so hot this week. Still reached Tier 23, but nowhere close to a Gold Throne.

41 minutes ago, XRay said:

I used up all my ladders, and I lost an additional 3 matches, so Kronya is not doing so hot this week. Still reached Tier 23, but nowhere close to a Gold Throne.

Kronya is honestly not very consistent, even with duo Hector. Even with double duo hector. I have seen Teams loose with Kronya and double Duo-hector and a Bolt Tower. Hardy Bearing Seal + RazzleDazzle Healer + another unit that checks Vantage and its mostly game over for her.

47 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Kronya is honestly not very consistent, even with duo Hector. Even with double duo hector. I have seen Teams loose with Kronya and double Duo-hector and a Bolt Tower. Hardy Bearing Seal + RazzleDazzle Healer + another unit that checks Vantage and its mostly game over for her.

She can counter Firesweep staff units just fine now that I gave her Null C-Disrupt. She does have consistency issues, but I am just banking on luck to get me a Gold Throne right now.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

She can counter Firesweep staff units just fine now that I gave her Null C-Disrupt. She does have consistency issues, but I am just banking on luck to get me a Gold Throne right now.

with Null C-Disrupt she might be missing killing power to deal with the other targets.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

with Null C-Disrupt she might be missing killing power to deal with the other targets.

That is what the 2 AMH!Hectors are for.

Generally, the only units she has trouble killing are bulky armor units with Armor March/Armored Boots and Hardy Bearing nukes. Kronya can usually dodge most bulky armor units (assuming they are placed far enough away from her) since they are so slow, so all I need to do is to just Reposition AMH!Hector forward to deal with the armor units after Kronya dealt with the rest of the team; however, bulky armor units with Armor March/Armored Boots got enough mobility to cover the team, so Krona does not usually work in those situations. Hardy Bearing nukes are usually well protected, so there is not really much I can do, although I can try to Panic it with AMH!Hector, but sometimes there is not enough space to do that or that the Panic debuff simply is not enough.

This week's Replays

Overall, very successful week~ Alfonse and Sharena continue to be the main carry but Raven managed to put in some good work this week in not dying Turn 1 most of the time and catching all these End Turn Altinas off guard. 

Bit of an "oof" this week, as my Astra seasons continue to be inconsistent. It was fine earlier on in the season, but towards the end it became pretty obvious that my raiding parties' variety was too limited. I made some adjustments, but it was too little too late, and one final slip-up on the last battle put me 30 lift short of T26. RIP. I'm optimistic that those adjustments will help a lot next Astra season, though.

On the plus side, the defense team continued to put in work, with a rare -0 performance. Two no-kill losses happened during lift loss protection, allowing me to fully enjoy the creative setups the attackers used to dismantle my team.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, Johann said:

Feels really good to unleash a unit like this into the wacky world of AR

superrutger.thumb.jpg.02a72213715898384f07a6de5d937d20.jpg

Holy mother of Heroes gods. o_o And I thought Brave Ike was nasty.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Holy mother of Heroes gods. o_o And I thought Brave Ike was nasty.

He is running 4x Mythic blessing buffs on Rutger so thats not his usual stats (unless he doesnt care about Score) and then on top of that Rutger is a bonus unit. every unit would look busted with that lol

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

He is running 4x Mythic blessing buffs on Rutger so thats not his usual stats (unless he doesnt care about Score) and then on top of that Rutger is a bonus unit. every unit would look busted with that lol

Oh yeah, in that case, you do have a point. 😛

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

Haha, let me have my moment! It's actually 3 mythics but the foe forgot their bonus structure. The stat boosts are just the +3 from Peony.

Interesting to see the new increases in structure levels, and I'm really glad that the Offense ones use Dew. Tactics Room Lv6 might mess with my usual Anima map build though. Oh well.

Edited by Johann