Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

20 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Brave Lucina cant buff dragons so don't support her with Christmas Sothis.

Then I guess she can buff Hawkeye. Doesn't matter, I just need some more help in Astra weeks.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Benice said:

Just wondering, is my  AR defense map toxic? I've had quite a lot of success with it so far. (4/5 victories in tier 16 this season)

Screenshot_20200215-143516.thumb.jpg.84563e316b0eaaf19a94582a20f3658c.jpg

It looks pretty cool.

I can see that both cavalry ranged units can be easily baited.

Corrin is a... interesting choice for AR defense... what skills do you usew on him, and how many merges on him?

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It looks pretty cool.

I can see that both cavalry ranged units can be easily baited.

Corrin is a... interesting choice for AR defense... what skills do you usew on him, and how many merges on him?

1. +1, distant counter, Vantage, Spd Tactic, Spd/Res seal 2. He's probably my best infrantry I've had. I use him because he S-supported Kagero and also has summoner support. His stat spread is: 55 Hp, 58 atk, 40 spd, 33 def, 35 res. I have been considering for a while switching out distant counter for Fort. Def/Res 3. He's not amazing, but he's probably my third-best unit. NY Lethe and Kagero are no. 1 and 2, respectively. I also have switched L'Arachel and Veronica's spots because Veronica has Hjildskjalf, and I love the debuff/buff effects.
Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:
  1. +1, distant counter, Vantage, Spd Tactic, Spd/Res seal 2. He's probably my best infrantry I've had. I use him because he S-supported Kagero and also has summoner support. His stat spread is: 55 Hp, 58 atk, 40 spd, 33 def, 35 res. I have been considering for a while switching out distant counter for Fort. Def/Res 3. He's not amazing, but he's probably my third-best unit. NY Lethe and Kagero are no. 1 and 2, respectively.

Ok...

The thing that don't work here is the S-Support with Kagero and Summoner Support, since both features don't work in defense.

Kagero will not have the in-combat stats provided by Yato, and Corrin will not have +5 HP and +2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res from summoner support.

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ok...

The thing that don't work here is the S-Support with Kagero and Summoner Support, since both features don't work in defense.

Kagero will not have the in-combat stats provided by Yato, and Corrin will not have +5 HP and +2 Atk/Spd/Def/Res from summoner support.

Heck. Hopefully I pull a competent sword user soon.

I ranked 4,747 just now, and there is 4 more hours left.

Had two deaths this week. I have 20 Lift now, but I missed out on 30 Lift worth of Aether Structures I think, so I could have had another run. Got -200 Lift from losses. I still have 3 Ladders left, so I probably could have undo those deaths.

I am crossing my fingers and holding my breath. I feel tense and nervous.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Good luck @XRay! I'll be missing a Gold Throne this week, too many deaths on Offense and ran out of ladders today~

But Defense is the best yet, only lost -5 Lift total on Day 1. Closest I've ever had to a perfect week.

Thanks! I need all of it that I can get. Then, I can retire my defense map and just show off my units.

My current rank is 2,536, which i beleive I can keep until the end of the season. Which is pretty good for a player that didn't use a bonus unit. I prefer to not have a bonus unit and use my best units than having one that can be a problem for my team.

In defense, only a -39 loss. The rest was pretty good!

I got hard-carried by NY Alfonse this week, though bonus unit Leo put in a lot more work than I was expecting him to. No deaths on offense and -18 on defense put me at 13742 total lift. Hopefully I can keep that up in future Astra seasons.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Good luck @XRay! I'll be missing a Gold Throne this week, too many deaths on Offense and ran out of ladders today~

But Defense is the best yet, only lost -5 Lift total on Day 1. Closest I've ever had to a perfect week.

Darn it, I just realized I need to rank in the top 3,000, not top 6,000.

I guess that means I need to wait for Naga to be a bonus unit.

Silver Throne is still nice I guess, just not what I am looking for.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Darn it, I just realized I need to rank in the top 3,000, not top 6,000.

I guess that means I need to wait for Naga to be a bonus unit.

Silver Throne is still nice I guess, just not what I am looking for.

Oof, you can do it when she's bonus, I'm sure~

it's gonna be one of those weeks. 

Match One: I forgot to equip Myrrh's iotes shield. Map. ALL BOWS and it double hurts because she could have easily tanked that alm hit. 
Match Two: ran out of time. 
Match 3. i dunno.

but. i completely dismantled a cav line. so that made me happy. 

This is like beyond late but computer problems and all that~

These were last week's matches~ Overall pretty good, only lost 5 Lift so my best performance so far~

This week is kinda eehhh~ I've been trying out new things with my Dark team, but it's not been super consistent. I'll have to keep playing with it~

Did pretty horrible this week at Tier 22. Although that is partly due to wanting to continue practicing with my Astra Kronya team. Lost all my ladders, lost a battle or two after that, and I wasted 90 Lift due to overflow because I forgot to play one day.

Edited by XRay

I still haven't gotten high enough to get a silver throne. I'd like one someday. I don't care about being the top of the top, but it would be nice to have at least one of each throne sometime. The silver and gold ones especially look pretty.

I'm not sure I'm doing that thing about battling the minimum each day until the end of the season right though. My tier is just ending up a little lower, not higher. Hmm...

I just realized I could have gotten T26 if I didn't take a match two days ago where I lost 4 of my units~ But oh well~

Every time I debut a new meme team at the end of a Season, it always starts off with a Success~ Though it'll have to be a while before I fully test it because next Season is Alm and Delthea bonus and I'm totally taking advantage of that~

Light Season is always nice. No deaths on battles that counted (I did lose one early this morning, immediately after waking up, because I played like someone who had just woken up), and one -36 on defense left me in T27 (13,160 Lift). I ran into a pretty monstrous Legendary Roy with Repel. High merges + bonus unit + 2x Yune during Fire/Dark season was kind of terrifying. He didn't have Null C-Disrupt, though, so Brave Lyn was able to gradually take him down. I'm not looking forward to Water/Earth/Anima with Legendary Alm and Thrasir as bonus units. That's just all sorts of trouble waiting to happen.

Wow, even after giving Hawkeye a bunch of merges and such, he still can't tank much at all. He's useless in AR. I obviously can't just get rid of him for feathers though, I've put too much into him at this point. I guess he'll just get occasional use in AA or something.

I don't care to look at enemy skills or anything anymore either. Doesn't help. I still lose almost every battle in Astra week regardless. Knowing what skills enemies have doesn't mean I can make a proper strategy for them. I don't know exactly how they'll move or who they'll attack. I can guess, but I won't always be right. And I'll sometimes run into bullshit like Altina doing literally zero damage to legendary Alm (he's supposed to have rather shit Def). I can't foresee that.

Though what definitely doesn't help is that I don't have a good bonus unit to use this week.

I really wish this mode didn't exist or got some heavy changes to make it less BS.

EDIT: I forgot that I haven't tried Brave Lucina support on Hawkeye yet. If this doesn't make him noticeably more useful in AR, I dunno anymore... I still can't get Lucina's refine yet though.

Edited by Anacybele