Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Astra being Astra, welcome back old friend.

Astra has to be one of the wort things in the entire game. My defense so far is flawless and perfect but offence is as bad as it goes we desperately need two new non melee Astra Mythics with support capabilities. I started using Auto dispatch to avoid it. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Ugh... I think I will be in Tier 21 this week. Worst performing week in a long while. Kronya has lost every single match except one I think. There are just too many maps with high level Structures (D) and healing. Kronya simply is not that good anymore, and she is certainly no longer viable as the sole or primary Astra option.

I got a second Altina now to start working on an Astra Galeforce team, but I think I still need more Velouria copies to get at least +Spd.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:52 PM, SuperNova125 said:

Astra has to be one of the wort things in the entire game. My defense so far is flawless and perfect but offence is as bad as it goes we desperately need two new non melee Astra Mythics with support capabilities. I started using Auto dispatch to avoid it. 

thats because the offense of everyone else is also as bad as it gets lol

T25 this week. Defense was pretty normal, got hit by a whale so two Losses overall that counted, 3 Failures total. Auto Dispatch is really lame though in limiting how many matches per week come in. Only 9 hits is super boring.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, XRay said:

Ugh... I think I will be in Tier 21 this week. Worst performing week in a long while. Kronya has lost every single match except one I think. There are just too many maps with high level Structures (D) and healing. Kronya simply is not that good anymore, and she is certainly no longer viable as the sole or primary Astra option.

I got a second Altina now to start working on an Astra Galeforce team, but I think I still need more Velouria copies to get at least +Spd.

I'm honestly surprised you managed to make Kronya work for that long.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Tbh sounds like they just had really bad luck. I also use Kronya as my main Astra carry (granted, I only own the free Altina so I have a spare support spot for an extra dancer or Bride Fjorm/something else). I use the standard CC/spiral/savage6 with moonbow.

I had to ladder twice due to annoyingly chunky defense maps, each had an AR-D Atk/Def unit (Rein and Duofonse respectively) that I couldn't cut through safely, but the rest was smooth sailing. I admit 2 ladders is more than I usually spend though.

Ended at a perfect 13240 for 140 per match and -0 on defense. Sneaked into top3k total surprisingly.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

T25 this week. Defense was pretty normal, got hit by a whale so two Losses overall that counted, 3 Failures total. Auto Dispatch is really lame though in limiting how many matches per week come in. Only 9 hits is super boring.

It feels like has been getting worse as the weeks go on. I think Kronya still has a place, she just cannot be my sole strategy anymore.

Managed to get into Tier 22 with Kronya winning her second match, but that is about it.

2 hours ago, Azuni said:

Tbh sounds like they just had really bad luck. I also use Kronya as my main Astra carry (granted, I only own the free Altina so I have a spare support spot for an extra dancer or Bride Fjorm/something else). I use the standard CC/spiral/savage6 with moonbow.

I had to ladder twice due to annoyingly chunky defense maps, each had an AR-D Atk/Def unit (Rein and Duofonse respectively) that I couldn't cut through safely, but the rest was smooth sailing. I admit 2 ladders is more than I usually spend though.

Ended at a perfect 13240 for 140 per match and -0 on defense. Sneaked into top3k total surprisingly.

I am using Null C-Disrupt, so she has damage output issues, although she can better handle Firesweepers.

Luck is part of it, but it feels like the increase in Structure levels, more frequent use of bulky units, and healing everywhere makes Kronya less effective than before. It is getting more and more difficult to use her.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I am using Null C-Disrupt, so she has damage output issues, although she can better handle Firesweepers.

I'd definitely recommend spiral over nullc for the current situation then. She seriously needs the punching power of a special to cut through a lot of stuff, even a partially healed Thrasir/Mira after your Bolt Tower+Savage Blow splashes and the enemy Heal Tower activates.

Most firesweeps I tend to successfully snipe on the initiation turn, but the few that I haven't I could safely ignore (ex: letting a Brave Camilla slap Kronya since I knew the Mira behind her would be forced to attack and not dance, which also allowed me to grab the last aether pot).

At least next update we're getting access to Bolt Tower O lv7, so defenses that don't have a Heal Tower D lv7 will become easier.

Yeah Spiral for sure. Disarm trap is also great if you have a dancer as backup. More of a light season setup. 

I have a disarm trap ready, either for HS!Camilla with a pumpkin a box dagger for enabling Galeforce shenanigans just like Eirforce. GaleCam can work just as well when a astra dancer is released. 

The other option I keep open is getting Leila, and making the easiest hit and run team with Leila/Peony support. 

Anyway, Kronya. Kronya is a great strategy, even now. She is just not useful for every team. Just like galeforce is also not always possible. 

It’s why you pick multiple strategies and have multiple teams. Not doing so is just bad strategic planning. 

I pick Kronya when I see she can give me an easy win, because her counters are easily spotted. No healing tower? Snipable/Tankable Hardy Bearing unit? Pick Kronya. If not, work around with a different team. Whenever I am able to use Kronya, it is an easy win, because I can just check if her counters are there, and don’t need to do calculations all the time.

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

It’s why you pick multiple strategies and have multiple teams. Not doing so is just bad strategic planning. 

Yeah. Kronya being my sole strategy was supposed to be temporary, but she worked so well in the past as my only strategy that I got complacent and I stopped investing in Astra and focused my resources on Light season with BH!Ike.

Now I am focusing back on Astra and I am trying to figure out a Galeforce or regular player phase team using 2 Altinas. I have two Velourias, but they have no merges, so I am a little hesitant in investing into them in the meantime until I can get more merges. I have TSOIA!Palla and I can use ASS!Reinhardt both as a Dancer/Singer and to cover blue threats, but I am still trying to figure out the issue with Heavy Blade/Quickened Pulse since there are not enough of those to go around.

Oops, wrong thread.

But in terms of actual AR, I've been doing okay. Just still not good enough to get a silver throne. I must still not be using my Aether right.

Edited by Anacybele

21 hours ago, XRay said:

Now I am focusing back on Astra and I am trying to figure out a Galeforce

Trust me, Galeforce in Astra is even more less effective and situational than in Light. And that's not just we don't have a dancer mythic.

Duma and Lìf are a pain to face when using Galeforce.

Edited by Nym

Welp, I wound up entering higher than Tier 21 and my usual Null C-Disrupt +Atk B!Ike is showing some inability to tank hits because everyone keeps using the same super-heavy-hitting units and also two dancers.

I gave him Spurn and the Spd/Res Solo seal and reworked my usual team into focusing all its Spd into Ike (and also Chill Spd), and though it isn't perfect he does at least hit 63 Spd from B!Lucina with double Drive Spd and Geirskogul, Peony with Flower of Joy and Light season buff (plus her holding onto Chill Spd), LegAzura with Hone Spd 4, and Spd/Res Solo 3 off his innate 34 Spd, so that's still a lot of cancelled out damage.

Real glad I used the sparking from Fem!Kris's new hero banner...

Edited by Xenomata

I continue to be astounded by how many defense maps just fall apart when you throw Cecilia at them. Especially with support from Mila and L'Arachel to deal with dancers and anything red. Perfect offense score so far, with only two ladders used, although losing any points on my last defense would still be enough to kill my shot at T27.

I've generally been rounding out my teams this week with Dancer Micaiah or Fallen Ike. Eir isn't nearly as good of a bonus as Peony or Mila, I've barely had her do anything, but it's still better than not having a relevant mythic bonus at all.

I had a pretty nice season this time, in Offensive at least. Managed to get into tier 27, which is nice. Even if I get a full defensive loss, I will still keep this tier.

My AR-D was kinda bad, with -120 in total, especially at the beginning were I got Successes during lift loss control and failures when it was not active.

Just barely managed T27 this week. Not because of bad Defense, strangely. I only lost -60 with the new Hel team. Because I kept missing pots on Offense and a single unit almost one too many times, LOL.

So I had a fun replay a few weeks back:

Also, some decent showcases imo of what Galeforce can do. And why having no weapons means defence maps become a joke:

And an actual threatening team. I couldn't tank it and vantage was not an option this time. You can see where I misplaced with Nailah and had to quickly think about Eliwood's Res stat. Luckily, it all worked out fine. Merric being in that spot is just mean and hindered me a lot. And fuck Eir bonus week, forcing all those extra calls and not being able to easily get into WoM range:

Also, bolt towers on defence are just the best. thank you for the free mom range! And thanks for not having a healing tower, because it makes Seliph a non issue.

Edited by Vicious Sal

• 2 weeks later...

Typical T25 week. I was surprised by my defense as it is the second or third consecutive week where I get -0 lift loss from defence. This week I revamped my offences to B.Edelgard /Leila and S. Iddun/Iago. However, I got some really bad matches full of red nukes and effective damage so I lost all ladders. This will be one of my worst weeks so far. 

Also not really looking forward to all the dancing Michys that will be arriving from the HoF later on. 

Gold throne gotten this morning! 

That’s 33, last match yesterday I was able to CC vantage with my Jeorge living through HB Lilina with 1 hp. So sad I did not film it. It was textbook perfect play for CC vantage vs healing tower, firesweep and HB.

1 hour ago, DLNarshen said:

My defense encountered this...thing the other day.

yr5ngdH.png

Far be it from me to critique others' use of feathers, but I don't know about this one.

Seems made for soaking chills or something. But it is far from the best way...

I'm thinking about running B!Claude with Dancing Ishtar and Dancing Reinhardt for support on his Bonus Season. I'm just not sure whether to run Fortify and Hone or stack Wards/Goads. I actually think Ishtar's natural Air Orders could be pretty clutch so I'm mainly concerned about what to put on Reinhardt