Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I hit T28 as well, but my score of 13,820 ended up just shy of top 3k.

This week I ended up losing my first match, I spent too much time backing up and ran out of turns to take down the opposing Brave Hector. With the changes to the mode, hopefully the lost ladder won't be an issue. Fortunately the other matches so far haven't been issues. 

Edited by Othin

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to get Tier 28 again this season, which is nice.

In defense, I got attacked 8 times so far, with only 3 being lift loss and only 2 being successes.

Looks like I will use Freyja again next week, and with Yune as defensive bonus... I hope my Yune's Team do well.

If I did the math right, a player with 2 +0 Mythics + 3 blessed allies (or 4, in case of new mythics like Reginn) that starts the season on Tier 21, can reach 13,880 lift with AR-O alone, without counting lift loss from AR-D.

Tier 28 is 13,800, which means 2 lift losses (-60 in failures without bonus mythics) is enough to not get T 28 anymore. With bonus Mythics, it changes to 3 failures with lift losses, since it's -40.

It's pretty tight!

For me, the only defensive mythic I don't have is Hel... but I also don't want to change my team to make Líf and Mirabilis work on them. So unless the defensive mythic is Duma, Yune, Sothis, Thrasir, Bramimond or Triandra... I will not even try to get Tier 28. I wanted for them to add more defensive map slots... with the new defensive mythic system, only 5 maps is not enough.

Gladly, I have all offensive mythic heroes, so a bonus units AND a "1 unit lost protection" is guaranteed to me...

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If I did the math right, a player with 2 +0 Mythics + 3 blessed allies (or 4, in case of new mythics like Reginn) that starts the season on Tier 21, can reach 13,880 lift with AR-O alone, without counting lift loss from AR-D.

Tier 28 is 13,800, which means 2 lift losses (-60 in failures without bonus mythics) is enough to not get T 28 anymore. With bonus Mythics, it changes to 3 failures with lift losses, since it's -40.

It's pretty tight!

For me, the only defensive mythic I don't have is Hel... but I also don't want to change my team to make Líf and Mirabilis work on them. So unless the defensive mythic is Duma, Yune, Sothis, Thrasir, Bramimond or Triandra... I will not even try to get Tier 28. I wanted for them to add more defensive map slots... with the new defensive mythic system, only 5 maps is not enough.

Gladly, I have all offensive mythic heroes, so a bonus units AND a "1 unit lost protection" is guaranteed to me...

What is working for me is using 3 Mythics (4, if Astra season with Reginn), 1 main carry and 1 support.

Light Season is B!Ike, B!Lucina, Peony, Mila, bonus Mythic.
Astra is Brunnya, Duo Micaiah, Plumeria, Naga, Altina, Reginn. I also have a second team with F!Lyon instead of Micaiah for cav lines.

Triple Mythic is really busted with an invested carrier since he gets a lot of stats and now you can have 3xMythic while also bringing bonus unit and support unit.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

What is working for me is using 3 Mythics (4, if Astra season with Reginn), 1 main carry and 1 support.

Light Season is B!Ike, B!Lucina, Peony, Mila, bonus Mythic.
Astra is Brunnya, Duo Micaiah, Plumeria, Naga, Altina, Reginn. I also have a second team with F!Lyon instead of Micaiah for cav lines.

Triple Mythic is really busted with an invested carrier since he gets a lot of stats and now you can have 3xMythic while also bringing bonus unit and support unit.

I am using 3/4 Mythics as well. The stat boost and extra HP is always welcomed. 

In Light, I use Peony and Eir as well as my main Mythics. My main is Nowi ir Young Marth, with Bride Fjorm or Aversa as support. Then, the bonus Mythic, which has been Freyja these seasons... But when not Freyja, my team is usually: Main Hero, Support, Peony, Eir and Mila. I also have Bride Micaiah as support.

In Astra, I am using Altina, Naga and Reginn, with my main Hero (Laevatein, Hawkeye or Saizo), then Bride Fjorm or Bride Micaiah as support. Plumeria in the extra slot, because she doesnt have merges, so is better her there than Altina or Naga that have merges.

Ending the season with 13,860 points, between a perfect offense with 5 merges (2 on Naga, 1 on Altina, and 2 on Reginn) and 100 lost on defense. Hope I'll be able to stay in the top 3k.

6 minutes ago, Rinco said:

You can put Reginn in the bonus slot if you feel that Plumeria's bonus stats are better than Reginn's (if neither is merged, that is)

I thought bonus stats work normally for the bonus slot, just not scoring?

24 minutes ago, Rinco said:

You can put Reginn in the bonus slot if you feel that Plumeria's bonus stats are better than Reginn's (if neither is merged, that is)

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

I thought bonus stats work normally for the bonus slot, just not scoring?

Yes. A Mythic in the 6th slot (7th in Defense) still grants the Mythic's stat boost. It doesn't affect the scoring.

Missed the last day, so I am in Tier 26 with 190 Lift left over. Still pretty decent despite missing out on like 700 something potential Lift.

Made it to Tier 28 with 13,844! Got 80 Lift loss from defense. I am rank 672 right now, but the day just started, so I think I am going to drop quite a bit. I am not sure if I can hold on to top 3,000 though.

I got Tier 28 again, with a 13,848 score. I got a -77 total in defense.

Astra seasons got better to me since I got Plumeria in September, and Reginn last month. Plumeria is a nice Thrasir tank, while Reginn is very good with her canto ability.

I am still waiting to know how much will be required to go from Tier 31 to 38.

I am also having a nice time in defense... at least until Hel appears as bonus, since she is the only defensive mythic that I don't have.

I ranked 3,619, so I missed the Gold Throne. I will probably need little to no loss on defense. At least I got into Tier 28 though.

So in Vault of Heaven requires the same amout of lift per tier: 400 lift. Honestly, not bad. Not bad at all.

Because of the extra +10 Lift by winning without losing a unit, it could be easier to reach Tier 38 than reaching Tier 28.

I still don't have Hel, so her seasons can be tricky, but overall I am confident.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So in Vault of Heaven requires the same amout of lift per tier: 400 lift. Honestly, not bad. Not bad at all.

Because of the extra +10 Lift by winning without losing a unit, it could be easier to reach Tier 38 than reaching Tier 28.

I still don't have Hel, so her seasons can be tricky, but overall I am confident.

Yeah, I'm really glad about that.

With no merges and a perfect offense score, you can get a net lift gain of 3,040, for a total max score of 21,040. That's 240 lift above the T38 threshold, so you can afford six -40 losses or four -60 ones. Getting a perfect offense will be harder, but I don't think it'll be too bad, especially with the upper tiers still seeming relatively accessible.

Has anybody ever beaten a map in Aether raids just to suddenly get some error message that will not allow them to claim their victory? Today I beat a map without losing any characters and then right after the "stage clear" appeared it suddenly popped up a message saying "a communication error has occurred. support code: 803-3001" and then forced me to return to the title screen. It prompted me to resume via bookmark, which I did making it go right back to the "stage clear" part only to have it pop up the exact same error message again and send me back to the title screen again! It did so over and over and over until I had no choice but to delete the bookmark in order to resume the game without that stupid error preventing me from doing anything. As a result, I lost 100 points of Aether (I used the boost x 2) since the stupid Escape Ladder doesn't do anything if it thinks you quit a match.

Now I think I will not be able to reach tier 38 despite the fact that I am normally one of the people that ranks first place nearly every week in Aether Raids. This just had to happen during the first week of this Vault of Heaven stuff... If Vault of Heaven involves us getting utterly cheated via error messages, I do not like it at all.

Edited by Namero

3 hours ago, Namero said:

Has anybody ever beaten a map in Aether raids just to suddenly get some error message that will not allow them to claim their victory? Today I beat a map without losing any characters and then right after the "stage clear" appeared it suddenly popped up a message saying "a communication error has occurred. support code: 803-3001" and then forced me to return to the title screen. It prompted me to resume via bookmark, which I did making it go right back to the "stage clear" part only to have it pop up the exact same error message again and send me back to the title screen again! It did so over and over and over until I had no choice but to delete the bookmark in order to resume the game without that stupid error preventing me from doing anything. As a result, I lost 100 points of Aether (I used the boost x 2) since the stupid Escape Ladder doesn't do anything if it thinks you quit a match.

Now I think I will not be able to reach tier 38 despite the fact that I am normally one of the people that ranks first place nearly every week in Aether Raids. This just had to happen during the first week of this Vault of Heaven stuff... If Vault of Heaven involves us getting utterly cheated via error messages, I do not like it at all.

There is a notification about this glitch, that was posted yesterday. Basically, this is happening to players that score 421+ in Aether Raids.

You should read it, because it has what you need to do there.