Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Ended in 27 last week so I ended up in Vault of Heaven, I am in tier 32 right now. I keep improvising my defences but they all lose, really hate the new defence mythic restrictions. My offence is also really bad as a simple tank can't do the job and I lack Galeforce or WoM fodder to make Eirforce or any player phase team happen. Next week will purposely avoid VoH so that if I am to reach it it's Astra season with Leila, B.Edelgard, Reggin and Plumeria. 

Edited by SuperNova125

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FS5WNKEdRVrjidmDFIR5Y3-03HDaD3fS/preview?resourcekey=null" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

For some reason this is easily my worst offense week, but my absolute best defense week I had.  :o  Offense is mostly unlucky match-ups against mage nukes when my W!Altina and recently obtained F!Lyon are Astra blessed (I've just been lazy about moving one of them over to a light blessing so I have a mage nuke counter on both seasons. Will remedy for next light season).

Defense, though? Modified a mage cav cancer map and holy shit, now I have a giant streak of Successes... Had to giggle a bit at the above video at how well it worked against an offensive team that'd normally wipe me.  (At least, i hope the video works...)

Is it just me or is getting into Tier 38 easier than Tier 28? I do not think I have actually gotten into Tier 28 from Tier 21 yet. I had suffered some losses too this week, but I still managed to get into Tier 38 and I think I am guaranteed to stay in Tier 38.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Is it just me or is getting into Tier 38 easier than Tier 28? I do not think I have actually gotten into Tier 28 from Tier 21 yet. I had suffered some losses too this week, but I still managed to get into Tier 38 and I think I am guaranteed to stay in Tier 38.

It is easier because:

1. You get 10 more lift in the Vault of Heavens than in Exos (T21 to T28, even though the "Exos" name still apppears in the Vault). A player that have two +0 Mythics in both offense and defense, is able to get 2,880 lift in total outside the Vault (180 aether per single aether match, for a max total of 16 matches) , so 2 defensive losses (3 if you use a bonus Mythic) is enough to not get Tier 38. In the Vault, the amount of lift gain increased to 3,040 (190 aether per single aether match), making that you need 5 defensive losses (or 7 if you have bonus mythics) to lose the tier. It's way easier now.
  2. Like mentioned before, 190 Lift is the new base for the Vault of Heaven. If you lose 1 unit, you lose 10 lift (30 lift if you don't use a bonus mythic), which is enough for some players to surrender. Outside the Vault, players that use a bonus mythic can lose a unit without having any penalty... not anymore in the vault. So it's also easier to get successes from players that surrender after losing one unit.

In the end, Vault is easier than Exos because of the reasons above. You get more lift to reach the same amount you needed to reach Tier 28, and there are more chances to get successes as well.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It is easier because:

1. You get 10 more lift in the Vault of Heavens than in Exos (T21 to T28, even though the "Exos" name still apppears in the Vault). A player that have two +0 Mythics in both offense and defense, is able to get 2,880 lift in total outside the Vault (180 aether per single aether match, for a max total of 16 matches) , so 2 defensive losses (3 if you use a bonus Mythic) is enough to not get Tier 38. In the Vault, the amount of lift gain increased to 3,040 (190 aether per single aether match), making that you need 5 defensive losses (or 7 if you have bonus mythics) to lose the tier. It's way easier now.
  2. Like mentioned before, 190 Lift is the new base for the Vault of Heaven. If you lose 1 unit, you lose 10 lift (30 lift if you don't use a bonus mythic), which is enough for some players to surrender. Outside the Vault, players that use a bonus mythic can lose a unit without having any penalty... not anymore in the vault. So it's also easier to get successes from players that surrender after losing one unit.

In the end, Vault is easier than Exos because of the reasons above. You get more lift to reach the same amount you needed to reach Tier 28, and there are more chances to get successes as well.

Ah, I see.

Hardest offense fights I've had in a while, ended up using two ladders and taking two one-death matches just to be on the safe side, since I knew my defense was going well enough that I could afford them and still make T38. It was pretty narrow, though, and only hit a rank of around 5k.

Next week I have a baseline of like 80 more points due to merges, so that's nice. Maybe that'll be enough for 3k.

Next week features sugar Plums, so I think I am going to do very, very well! Not sure about scoring wise though since it seems like everyone also got Plumeria.

I ranked 3,400 something this week, so pretty nice. I am not sure if I can make top 3,000 even without losses though.

I did pretty well. Got top 3k, which is nice. Nowi did most of the work, by tanking her foes.

Today, at the start of the new season, Saizo already proved that he is still a great unit. And was totally worthy to give him Pulse Smoke from a Ced that I got in the New Years banner. Ophelia had no chance against him. I hope he gets Resplendent... the extra stats would be pretty nice to have.

Ending at 20,967 points and a rank of about 2.4k. Lost 117 points on defense, and took a -20 offense match to save ladders but I ended up with four left at the end so it wasn't actually necessary. I also lost 16 points over the course of the season due to having to leave out Altina and get 184-point matches rather than 185.

On light seasons, my max possible score with perfect offense and defense is 21,040 (same as anyone with no merges), so getting gold thrones there is probably possible but tight.

Edit: Final rank is 2,346! And the next defense mythic is Bramimond, ugh. Only old one I don't have.

Edited by Othin

Been seeing a lot of duo Lyn sweeps seens like Astra is the main season for it so might want to prepare for it as much as you can for next Astra season. Makes sense with the extra slot that it would be on Astra tbh.

Edited by vikingsfan92

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Ending at 20,967 points and a rank of about 2.4k. Lost 117 points on defense, and took a -20 offense match to save ladders but I ended up with four left at the end so it wasn't actually necessary. I also lost 16 points over the course of the season due to having to leave out Altina and get 184-point matches rather than 185.

On light seasons, my max possible score with perfect offense and defense is 21,040 (same as anyone with no merges), so getting gold thrones there is probably possible but tight.

Edit: Final rank is 2,346! And the next defense mythic is Bramimond, ugh. Only old one I don't have.

It seems like I need to invest in defense now if I want to rank well. I have no issue staying in Tier 38, but the constant approximately -100 Lift loss on defense every week makes me rank around 3,000 to 4,000 something.

18 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Been seeing a lot of duo Lyn sweeps seens like Astra is the main season for it so might want to prepare for it as much as you can for next Astra season. Makes sense with the extra slot that it would be on Astra tbh.

I wanted to use ITM!Lyn and my player phase teams, but a while back when I tried it, I felt super rusty and I kept losing half the time, so I decided to just stick with BH!Ike.

When I look at defense maps now, I can immediately think of spots of where I can place BH!Ike, but thinking of ways to tackle it via player phase is much harder.

...something has occurred to me.

We're getting 3 of the current seasons blessing every week just for playing once a day.
The 2 units who serve as the core of my defense teams is Brave Ike and Brave Lucina.

If I just swap their blessings every week, I still gain 1 Light/Astra blessing a week while still being able to score high.

Hm... interesting, very interesting...

Damn it! Fuck! Today is the first time my BH!Ike super tank team has lost all my Ladders AND wasted 200 Lift on offense. That is seven straight losses in a row. Fatal Smoke is not even out yet and BH!Ike is already failing as a super tank. If this little shit cannot handle it, other super tanks are going to be even less reliable.

With Save skills being a thing now, what do people think about running double super tanks on a super tank team, one for melee and the other ranged?

If you are running DB!Lyon for example, you can run Caineghis, AOTB!Hector, or whoever else as the Save supertank.

I am in Tier 34. I suddenly had a huge amount of offensive losses this week. I think I need to turn animations on to figure out what is killing BH!Ike. With Fatal Smoke now in the mix, it will not be easy either.

Edited by XRay

Hit 20,900, for a solid stay in T38 but ended up with a rank of 3,157. I was worried that not having Bramimond would mean dropping back down, but fortunately my defense fights went really well. I did get one -20 offense battle early on, let it slide because I wanted to hold onto my last three ladders. All my later fights went perfectly so it wasn't necessary, wonder if I'd have made top 3k otherwise.

My main team was a Light/Water classic: Mila, Peony, Dancer Micaiah, Legendary Chrom, and Cecilia. Cecilia continues to be a complete monster.

Now I have to figure out how to incorporate Seiros into my Anima defense teams.

Thanks to the surprise Gustav+Henriette pull I got my Dark defense became a lot more threatening,  it got a loss with 1 kill and wiped some other guy afterwards. Sadly the guy that won was the one that counted for Lift loss so I still got the -20. 

Now I just need to improve my Light teams to something more reliable, because as of right now I can't get past tier 36 in VoH. W!Altina+Bride Micaiah is strong but too suceptible to Duo's Hindrance. I'm having it a little too easy with Ninja Lyn +2 dancers (3 if I get Plumeria one day) deleting every defense team in existance during Astra, so I'm not used to Vantage strats. Maybe I should use Duo Byleth for Light instead, she isn't as explosive as Lyn but with some Atk buffs she can sweep too and the only common blue tank can't do jack to her thanks to Windsweep. 

I remember seeing a team like this a few weeks back, although I do not remember if my BH!Ike team won or loss. Seeing Bramimond with Hardy Bearing and Igrene there, I am pretty confident I lost since I do not see how my BH!Ike can stand up to it.

Is there a way to crack a defense team like this? Would a Blazing nuke help?

Or is using BH!Ike with Null Follow-Up the best way to go?

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I remember seeing a team like this a few weeks back, although I do not remember if my BH!Ike team won or loss. Seeing Bramimond with Hardy Bearing and Igrene there, I am pretty confident I lost since I do not see how my BH!Ike can stand up to it.

Is there a way to crack a defense team like this? Would a Blazing nuke help?

Or is using BH!Ike with Null Follow-Up the best way to go?

IMO, Null Follow-Up B!Ike is the best build for AR. 

Hey all, I did a search to see if this has been discussed but didn't find anything, apologies anyway if it has. Has anyone made a 7th slot dance trap for Anima AR-D? I've got the first part, setting up my 7th unit next to a dancer. But I want to get that unit to start a rally trap and they won't do it - does the enemy have to be in range? Or if someone has figured out a setup where the 7th unit gets danced and starts destroying stuff, I'd love to hear it (though this seems more doubtful since in a week or two everyone's going to understand what the chains mean and the Danger Area still shows the 7th unit's normal range).  Thanks for any ideas in advance! I'm going to hunker down and reread 'Mia's AI Manipulation' in the meantime and see if I can figure something out.

Context: (though this guy goes way overboard and if I had Return or w!Bernie I would just make a rally trap and be done with it)

18 hours ago, Stahlwart said:

Has anyone made a 7th slot dance trap for Anima AR-D? I've got the first part, setting up my 7th unit next to a dancer. But I want to get that unit to start a rally trap and they won't do it - does the enemy have to be in range?

Yes, there must be an enemy in range for the rally to occur. One thing you can do to help force that is to use a dancer with a warp skill, or Duo Sigurd, and position your units so they have to jump out in front of the 7th slot unit. Note, though, that starting a rally trap like that doesn’t necessarily make the AI aggressive. If the AI doesn’t start the turn in the aggressive state, it will only become aggressive if a unit becomes forced to attack.

As far as an example, I actually ran into a decent one last season. The map looked like:

Spoiler

1j9XXcj.jpg

You can ignore Caeda, that’s just what I use for my video overlay. It was easier to grab a screenshot of that than type out all the skills. Also, sorry if the sizing is weird, I’ll try to remember to adjust it next time I’m on PC if I need to.

Example interaction:

Spoiler

For this one, the idea is that Peony jumps out in front of Seiros to refresh (given the architecture, and the assumption of a 6-unit attacking team, Peony is more likely to win the “distance from closest enemy” tiebreak than Azura). Veronica over on the right is probably there to help ensure that at least one attacking unit is in Peony’s range after warping.

So, just playing through a hypothetical action sequence:

1. Assume, for sake of example, the attacker has a 6-unit team and ends the first turn without moving anyone. The units are named 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, in order from left to right.
  2. Both Azura and Peony have non-movement assists, and have weapons, so the tiebreak for who gets to refresh Seiros falls to the “distance from closest enemy” rule. Based on some testing I’ve been doing, this rule seems to account for the fact that the defense fortress and stone column are impassable objects, so the closest attacking unit in both cases is unit 2. The distance between unit 2 and Peony is greater than the distance between unit 2 and Azura, so Peony wins the tiebreak and gets to refresh Seiros.
  3. Peony jumps in front of Seiros with Aerobatics and refreshes. Unit 2 is in Peony’s extended threat range. The AI does not become aggressive.
  4. Because Peony threatens unit 2, she is eligible to receive a rally. Unlike in #2, the distance between both Thrasir and Bramimond and the closest attacker (still unit 2, since unit 3 is behind that unbreakable column) is identical. The next tiebreak is slot order. As the attacker, I have no idea what the slot order is, so for simplicity’s sake, let’s assume Bramimond’s slot order number is lower (on the defense team units screen, he is further to the left than Thrasir). Bramimond wins the tiebreak, and gets to rally Peony.
  5. Bramimond moves one space down and rallies Peony. The AI does not become aggressive.
  6. Azura moves two spaces right and refreshes Bramimond.
  7. Bramimond now has his action, and has no eligible rally targets* (even if he did, there’s an AI rule that will cause him to prioritize attacking if he can deal at least five damage to a target in his range in one round of combat), so the AI now becomes aggressive and he attacks...someone...let’s just assume it’s unit 4, who dies a horrible, painful death.

* There’s a whole new can o’ worms you can get into with defining what is and is not an eligible rally target, but I’m going to leave that closed here.

So, that’s the basic idea. Sigurd would arguably be more effective than Peony for this application because it’s more likely for an attacking team’s unit to be in his range after he refreshes. On the other hand, Peony’s Aerobatics effectively makes her immune to Tactics Room, so...*shrug*.

Edit: also linking the AI guide, in case you’re not familiar - https://vervefeh.github.io/FEH-AI/textguide.html

Edited by LordFrigid

I ranked 2,623! I got my second Gold Throne!

The only achievement thing left that I want now is just Golden Pawns Trophy from Pawns of Loki.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I ranked 2,623! I got my second Gold Throne!

The only achievement thing left that I want now is just Golden Pawns Trophy from Pawns of Loki.

Congrats! That's pretty nice that you got another Throne!

I hope you can get a Golden Trophy soon.