Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Congrats! That's pretty nice that you got another Throne!

I hope you can get a Golden Trophy soon.

Thanks! I was not expecting a Gold Throne since scoring seemed really competitive. I guess I lucked out on defense.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I finally did it! I've created the ultimate offense team that that turns AR into a complete zero-effort cake walk! lol

HHExIjJ.pngsvZd9ov.png

01Eivyg.pngFrdL2On.png

ISmffHV.pngN1JY8US.png

I've been using this team and lost zero units this week without even really trying. Every single friend map I've tested this on has been beaten. Things that used to scare the pants off me like Ruptured Sky dou Alfonse/Lysithea/Thrasir, Lunge Eliwood, Legendary Alm, Blazing Light Ophelia, and the like are all nothing more than fleeting thoughts now! lol I think the one and only unit in the entire game I need to watch out for is Legendary Chrom with a pre-charged Deadeye, but even that ain't too threatening; with some careful positioning to have Edelgard smash his skull in, or a simple use of Idunn's skill, and even he poses little threat.

I just have to keep them all clumped together and they can march across just about any map without a care in the world. I just move into enemy range, tank everything with no effort, then let Reginn and Edelgard clean house. To think AR could go from a nightmare to a cake walk from the introduction of just two new skills; I never imagined there could be one individual banner that could change the game this much! lol

Edited by Namero
fix error

I ranked 1,575! This is my third Gold Throne. Having the right defense Mythics definitely helped.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, Namero said:

I just have to keep them all clumped together and they can march across just about any map without a care in the world. I just move into enemy range, tank everything with no effort, then let Reginn and Edelgard clean house. To think AR could go from a nightmare to a cake walk from the introduction of just two new skills; I never imagined there could be one individual banner that could change the game this much! lol

Yeah, the Save skills seem to be the new BH!Ike-BH!Lucina combo.

I am kind of tempted to replace one of my BH!Ike super tank team and run a double super tanks team. I could repurpose one of the BH!Ike to Dark defense and run triple Triandras.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Restore Trap and a Rally Trap set up in this config, but I had yet to see Alphonse rallying where he went on this clip. 

I really don't understand what the player did at the end with Altina. It makes no sense to do what he did.

I'm pretty satisfied with how this team is doing.

mHYfTrB.png

Hit T39 for the first time! Only 40 points lost on defense, and a perfect offense score even without needing ladders.

Ninja Lyn got her chance to shine, although I didn't actually end up using her much. Cecilia is still my champion.

You all have been quite helpful the few times I've shown up on this forum, and so if anyone else uses the Duel Simulator I want to help you out.

https://arcticsilverfox.com/feh_sim/

On the right side, where it says Enemies, click 'import' and copy and paste this list I made

https://docs.google.com/.../1TvZU.../edit...

And away you go! The simulator doesn't auto-generate most of the 2nd column, so make sure you're going in and adding if your enemy has dragonflowers, mythic support etc to make it accurate. And do the same thing for the first column, skills like Chills or Atk/Spd Solo are off by default.

It's up to date as of the spring Myrrh banner. I took the top two tiers of Gamepress' best ranked units, 221 in total. They rate units based on Aether Raids, so there might be a few good arena units that didn't make it in, but overall I'd say they're quite similar. I used the starred build(s) that GP recommends. I made modifications here and there, if they hadn't updated it with atk spd solo 4, for example, or bc they lacked the hyper speedy Bike build that I use to win AR. All units are +10.

GP hasn't updated their rankings for this banner, but I assume that spring Myrrh and Severa will get in. If Inigo manages to get ranked in the top two tiers as well, I'll add him later.

Good luck out there!

PS: @Namero that's a sick team, congrats! I want to max Edelgard anyway for arena, I'm just waiting for her re-run. I really missed the boat on the Save skills and will have to wait until non-seasonal units have them.

Edited by Stahlwart

I've been getting frustrated by Plumeria seasons, since I have 1-2 merges on all my other Astra mythics, so having to field her means getting 388-point matches rather than 390. But I usually run Guinivere in three of my Astra teams, and Marianne takes her place nicely this week, meaning I don't actually have to include Plumeria.

It's a bit risky, since it does mean big point loss if anything goes wrong, but I've still got two teams where I'm running Plumeria for the safer 388, while in the other three I can try for 390. My Astra seasons have been pretty successful, so I think it'll go fine. If I run out of ladders I can switch to all Plumeria teams to be safe, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Lost all my Ladders today and lost a further match, so I am dropping out for sure. I do not think I am sleep deprived, but I probably should probably tackle Aether Raids during the morning when I am well rested and matches become easier.

I guess I will just Auto-Dispatch for the rest of the week.

On 4/16/2021 at 5:16 PM, Rinco said:

@Javi Blizz is your name on the game Javi? If it is, got matched with you earlier today. Hope you were on lift protection

Nope, it’s Blizz. Anyway, don’t worry, it’s easy enough to keep T21 so I don’t care too much for AR-D 😉

I made a huge mistake of using Dagr as my bonus unit, but in the 6th slot... this cost me 20 aether per match (40 per doubles), and because of that no Tier 38 for me (I would be in Tier 39 if wasn't for that mistake).

Oh well, no huge problems. At least next season will be easier.

• 3 weeks later...

@XRay here it is:

Weakest link on this season's team is Maribelle. I need to stop being lazy and finish training and getting the flowers from Sara and Mikoto so I can fodder them and build a better cav healer (need to choose between Nana and Priscila, also). 
Iago was an inclusion this week and he's doing his job of guaranteeing T1 debuffs on all foes (with sudden panic, there's no way for the foe to avoid on T1, either they're beside someone and get Panic'd or they're separate and get his weapon's guard + debuff). 

For Dark/Light Season I have something pretty similar. Reinhardt, Cav Eirika, Phyton, B!Veronica, Triandra and whatever Mythic is a bonus unit on that season. If it is Trianda, I can either use Aversa to have some debuffs or Brammy with a Rally Trap.

13 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Weakest link on this season's team is Maribelle. I need to stop being lazy and finish training and getting the flowers from Sara and Mikoto so I can fodder them and build a better cav healer (need to choose between Nana and Priscila, also). 
Iago was an inclusion this week and he's doing his job of guaranteeing T1 debuffs on all foes (with sudden panic, there's no way for the foe to avoid on T1, either they're beside someone and get Panic'd or they're separate and get his weapon's guard + debuff). 

For Dark/Light Season I have something pretty similar. Reinhardt, Cav Eirika, Phyton, B!Veronica, Triandra and whatever Mythic is a bonus unit on that season. If it is Trianda, I can either use Aversa to have some debuffs or Brammy with a Rally Trap.

I see. I think I will try using Spring Breeze and maybe Lava Floes. I was using Desert and it usually stops working well after the second or third day, I guess maybe it is due to my team being a bit too spread out over six lanes rather than five here.

I will need to invest more into my Mirabilis too. I think mine just has her base kit right now.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I see. I think I will try using Spring Breeze and maybe Lava Floes. I was using Desert and it usually stops working well after the second or third day.

I thought about using the Desert map, but I think it makes it a little easier to engage with fliers. Since everybody got N!Lyn I opted to go with this one to make this route a little harder.

• 4 weeks later...

Sooo I accidentally got into VoH this past Monday for the first time! \o/

Apparently the cap is T27-T28. I thought it was *just* T28. The most hilarious thing is i had been hitting T26 consistently for the last few months .... this is almost as bad as my "forts give you defense like the mainline games???" moment, heh.

I freely admit to being one of the ones with a (neutral, unmerged) F!Edelgard on both ARO/ARD.  She clinched enough defense wins for me to tip over that extra ~200 lift, so I'll likely be in the VoH rotation in Astra from this point on. Funnily enough I still see people that have no idea "how" to play her in terms of team comps and extra skills - my unmerged F!Edel destroyed a +10 one in a 1v1 battle just by having the mystic boost seal... was not expecting that one.  

Now that i've hit T21 in Arena and VoH (and likely a throne), I don't even know what go for next, lmao. 

I am having trouble trying to beat my own defense team with a super tank team, and it seems impossible. While I can beat it with my infantry Galeforce team, it still took me quite a few tries even with knowledge of which traps are real. Preferably, I want to be able to beat something like this with either a super tank team or Save tank team because it is just easier to let the AI suicide on your units, but I could not figure out how to make the AI actually commit suicide instead of murder.

Feel free to add me if you want a stab at it.

Set up:

RwIugEC.jpg

Units:

Spoiler

mVXmSkf.jpg

cTDhHbd.jpg

XzSd9Qo.jpg

sG5lxlt.jpg

RYqioFr.jpg

g8zrSQu.jpg

D06BY9i.jpg

Edited by XRay

@XRay

I threw my teams at it, and the map held up relatively well. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Isolation + 3 open bottom row spaces doesn’t mess it up as badly as I thought it would, since it’s difficult to get rid of enough threats on Turn 2 to not die horribly on the EP.

By far the best result was with a Savior team, I was running a pretty basic Henriette/Gustav/Flayn for that. I also borrowed my Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo team from Astra season, which worked well. The other two teams that succeeded are more niche, and I don’t think they’re worth worrying too much about. Overall I think it’s a solid setup.

51 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@XRay

I threw my teams at it, and the map held up relatively well. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Isolation + 3 open bottom row spaces doesn’t mess it up as badly as I thought it would, since it’s difficult to get rid of enough threats on Turn 2 to not die horribly on the EP.

By far the best result was with a Savior team, I was running a pretty basic Henriette/Gustav/Flayn for that. I also borrowed my Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo team from Astra season, which worked well. The other two teams that succeeded are more niche, and I don’t think they’re worth worrying too much about. Overall I think it’s a solid setup.

I tried to use my double Save tank team too, but my Líf: Undying Duo still took out a ton of HP from my Henriette: Overflowing Love (and that is with THREE Flayns backing her up, along with a Dagr for a little bit of extra stats and scoring, got Crafty Fighter to stop Specials, and it was during the wrong season for defense so the second Nótt is not there), so she was not able to survive Reinhardt.

I gave up on using my Ike: Brave Mercenary since he dies immediately.

I am just at a loss of what to do. I can use my Galeforce team, but I am really rusty with using a player phase team in Aether Raids, and it is going to take some time and effort to clean up my Aether Raids game so I do not play as sloppy as I do in Abyssal and Arena.

I do not care about defense losses too much since my main objective is to stay in Vault of Heaven rather than ranking for Thrones. Right now, I can stay in the Vault even if I take massive defense losses. However, the ability to take massive losses is only possible if I win consistently on offense (and they do not have to be perfect wins either). My offensive performance has been slipping, and on some weeks it is so bad that I used up all my Ladders and I cannot secure enough offensive wins to stay. I am just not sure how to successfully tackle teams like my defense team, and beat them consistently.

Edited by XRay