Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Attacked a defense team consisting of a single level 1 4-star Roy. Granted this kind of thing is probably not uncommon at like, tier 4. Got up to tier 6 now, the Aether regens slow enough that I'm at least not getting burnt out as fast as I feared after the first couple of days (when I had 100 aether and battles cost like 10 each).

Too lazy to destroy enemy structures for bonus Aether so I'll just continue with my suboptimal ways for now, especially in a week where my gain is capped at 100 a match.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, XRay said:

Do you have Sharena or Eir? Sharena is pretty useful in tanking Blade mages and Eir is a pretty good support unit if you are not running units with Desperation.

Eir is on my flier ball team. After two unwinnable matches, I found one where the flier ball worked. I decided to sacrifice a unit to smash the pots. It could mean having the Aether for one more match.

Maybe I should wait to quit until after the Astra Mythic comes out. I haven't even had the chance to use Bridal Fjorm. Now if I fall to T20 and can't regain it with her bonus season, maybe I'll consider quitting the game.

At 27 I'm well into middle age. I pay to win because I don't have the time to improve skills.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Eir is on my flier ball team. After two unwinnable matches, I found one where the flier ball worked. I decided to sacrifice a unit to smash the pots. It could mean having the Aether for one more match.

Flier balls are generally used more on defense than offense, since the AI does not care about dying as much as the player and can rush players with Flier Formation instead of like using Desperation for sustainability like players do.

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

I pay to win because I don't have the time to improve skills.

If you can afford the dough, I would invest in several super tanks. Super tanks are the easiest to use in my opinion since you basically just have them sit in enemy range and wait for the AI suicide against your tank.

I would personally go for FV!F!Robin since she is colorless and can fly. You might also want to consider the new DW!Y!Tiki who is also colorless, but got armor stats without the huge mobility draw back.

Edited by XRay

13 hours ago, XRay said:

If you can afford the dough, I would invest in several super tanks. Super tanks are the easiest to use in my opinion since you basically just have them sit in enemy range and wait for the AI suicide against your tank.

I would personally go for FV!F!Robin since she is colorless and can fly. You might also want to consider the new DW!Y!Tiki who is also colorless, but got armor stats without the huge mobility draw back.

My F!Grima's already +10, and I've had success with Caineghis (+1, +Def) in Light season.

*goes in to pull for FY!Tiki* Got her, +Atk -HP. I'll see how well I do pulling for the Astra Mythic before trying to merge away -HP.

EDIT: Crap, the Darkness Within banner ends before the Mythic. Went all in, got an FF!Corrin (+Spd) too. Switched FY!Tiki to +Spd.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Somebody with a Bride Fjorm challenged my map. And probably forgot to check to make sure they actually had the HP to hit Azura with it (because they didn't). And I can tell they probably tried because they started Fjorm in the same column as Azura.

I'm 160 lift away from tier 19. But I don't think I'll have enough Aether to do more than one battle tomorrow, so I'm still coming up short... Though an Astra hero not existing yet sure didn't help this week. At least that's gonna change soon. Just hope I can pull the character without much trouble. I regret not having Duma for Anima seasons, so...

On the flip side though, I think I've gotten better at winning battles without winding up with most of my team dying. Trying out female Robin to counter annoying Reinhardts and Lyns has worked nicely, and Bunny Palla is still the biggest savior for me of all. She kills traps AND gets rid of annoying Surtrs!

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm 160 lift away from tier 19. But I don't think I'll have enough Aether to do more than one battle tomorrow, so I'm still coming up short... Though an Astra hero not existing yet sure didn't help this week. At least that's gonna change soon. Just hope I can pull the character without much trouble. I regret not having Duma for Anima seasons, so...

On the flip side though, I think I've gotten better at winning battles without winding up with most of my team dying. Trying out female Robin to counter annoying Reinhardts and Lyns has worked nicely, and Bunny Palla is still the biggest savior for me of all. She kills traps AND gets rid of annoying Surtrs!

Bunny Palla wont have bonus stats next weak though, so bye bye +10 HP +4 to all stats for her bulk and offense, but she should sill come through against Surtr. Also Yune is a bonus hero next week, so expect her on Defense Teams, which makes baiting a bit harder due to her debuffs.

And Eir is not a Bonus unit. So you will need to run a bonus unit alongside Eir for more point score. which leaves only 2-3 spots open, or 1-2 spots open if you run double Eirs.

Edited by Hilda

I've given up this week. I have enough lift that I won't be knocked back down. Just as well, today's offense failure was thanks to a +10 Lyon hard-walled my entire offense team. Fury 4, meaning they pulled Valentine's Greil (and I expect trashed a few Valentine's Mists in the process) for him. I begrudgingly admire this player.

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Bunny Palla wont have bonus stats next weak though, so bye bye +10 HP +4 to all stats for her bulk and offense, but she should sill come through against Surtr. Also Yune is a bonus hero next week, so expect her on Defense Teams, which makes baiting a bit harder due to her debuffs.

And Eir is not a Bonus unit. So you will need to run a bonus unit alongside Eir for more point score. which leaves only 2-3 spots open, or 1-2 spots open if you run double Eirs.

Yes, I'm aware of all this.

Finished with 12100 lift this week, possibly pending a Defense Loss.  I had a Success a couple D matches ago, but I'm not sure if it's within the last 20 hours.

Having the day off on Monday is a lot more relaxing for the last match or two that I have on Monday, that I usually have to rush, because I don't always get off work in time to do it properly.

Yeah, coming up 120 lift short of tier 19 this time. But that's okay because I figured I wasn't going to make it without an Astra Mythic anyway. 8,080 lift. But at least battling and winning today gives me a start on the new AR quests! I want the wedding stuff so it can look like my OTPs are ready to get married! XD I've been keeping RD Ike, Yukata Elincia, Summer Freddy, Summer Robin, and Silas in the resort. Silas is without his bride right now though, I have to change that soon and get Summer Corrin in there for him!

EDIT: I actually had more than enough affinity to do it, yay! Now all the couples are there and just waiting for the wedding gear! Time for a three way wedding! ❤️

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, coming up 120 lift short of tier 19 this time. But that's okay because I figured I wasn't going to make it without an Astra Mythic anyway. 8,080 lift. But at least battling and winning today gives me a start on the new AR quests! I want the wedding stuff so it can look like my OTPs are ready to get married! XD I've been keeping RD Ike, Yukata Elincia, Summer Freddy, Summer Robin, and Silas in the resort. Silas is without his bride right now though, I have to change that soon and get Summer Corrin in there for him!

If you have Adrift Corrin, she's looking a little more wedding ready.

Just now, Rezzy said:

If you have Adrift Corrin, she's looking a little more wedding ready.

I do, but I like Summer Corrin's look best, tbh. Even if her damaged art is wtf. I think it's her flower hair accessory, I always really like those, plus her swimsuit is cute too. Besides, I'd already gotten Silas and Summer Corrin to B support. I keep forgetting that I never got them up to S.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I do, but I like Summer Corrin's look best, tbh. Even if her damaged art is wtf. I think it's her flower hair accessory, I always really like those, plus her swimsuit is cute too. Besides, I'd already gotten Silas and Summer Corrin to B support. I keep forgetting that I never got them up to S.

Better get them to S quick, so they aren't living in sin!

Since my defense team was so bad it netted 12 losses to 0 wins (with only a pathetic overall total of four defeated foes between all those losses), I figured I had nothing to lose by doing this.

Spoiler

7EEkBSa.png

And honestly, I'm perfectly fine with staying in Tier 19 for the foreseeable future...because I already freaking hate the garbage I have to deal with here and just freaking hate this mode in general. Screw climbing any higher not that I'd be able to anyways if things are only going to continue to get worse.

I think I'll use Yune as a bonus unit next season, I means I'll be down to 130 points but I want to hold on to my light blessings and see if I can get an Astra mythic. If I manage to get one I have a few team changes planned.

Sliding into top 6k even with a few unforced errors is a good week. Had decent week on defense too. It amazes me how people in T21+ still can't work around a B!Lyn running Pass with consistency, but I'm not complaining.

Hit top 3,000 with 3 runs' worth of Aether remaining, so I just took it easy and got some more practice running with my Ophelia team on those runs.

My defense team was challenged 15 times with 8 wins and 12 kills on losses for a total win rate of 73%. In total, only lost 100 Lift due to defense losses this week, which is pretty sweet.

38 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Sliding into top 6k even with a few unforced errors is a good week. Had decent week on defense too. It amazes me how people in T21+ still can't work around a B!Lyn running Pass with consistency, but I'm not complaining.

Pass has always been difficult to deal with on units with high reach, so it's not surprising. Being forced to cram units into a blob to block melee Pass or checkerboard your formation to block ranged Pass is not always doable depending on the map and the other enemy units that need to be defended against. And a lot of people seem to just forget to check enemy units for uncommon skills.

That lovely feeling when you check your defence results in a new season and you see those shiny yellow letters on your first defence. =]

That’s day one down, no reduction yet.

Edit, just viewed the replay, the attacker apparently thought it was smart to place his DC vantage Laevatein in range of Flier formation hardy bearing yune after safely getting in vantage range. Great strategies. 

That didn’t work, hmmm, Let me put Surtr in front of Est. That is going to be a great idea.

Edited by Vicious Sal