Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

The tables have turned. I finally upgraded my offense fort, andĀ gave FF!Corrin the Light blessing. FY!Tiki now has Astra. I'm ready to enjoy this mode again.

First match, I lost two units to some galaxy brain Restore trap. I really shouldn't be doing these first thing when I wake up. Second match, I parked FF!Corrin by herself and watched as she tanked an entire team. Defense "win" is some guy who threw away what looked completely winnable.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got to T11, and could unlock my fifth unit ...if I wasn't 114 stones short. It's going to be painful fielding 4 units against 5-unit defense teams, which has already happened a couple of times today and resulted in some deaths. I don't even know if I can get enough stones this week to fix that, it's an awkward situation. That said, I'm content with reaching the goal I set out to accomplish and I should now have a steady weekly grail income.

I'm going to make tier 19 this week, I'm certain! I'm just 20 lift away! But of course I'll do more battles after getting there to make sure I stay.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:17 PM, Humanoid said:

Finally got to T11, and could unlock my fifth unit ...if I wasn't 114 stones short. It's going to be painful fielding 4 units against 5-unit defense teams, which has already happened a couple of times today and resulted in some deaths. I don't even know if I can get enough stones this week to fix that, it's an awkward situation. That said, I'm content with reaching the goal I set out to accomplish and I should now have a steady weekly grail income.

You can't fall below tier 11, so you'll always get at least as many grails as you get now (excluding ranking) as long as you play at least once a week to collect them. Surrendering on the first battle might even count.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm going to make tier 19 this week, I'm certain! I'm just 20 lift away! But of course I'll do more battles after getting there to make sure I stay.

Congrats, also I mock battled your team the other day.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Congrats, also I mock battled your team the other day.

I mock battled yours once as well, almost lost my whole team. XD But I still won in the end. I doubt mine gives anyone trouble... I don't really make the best teams.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I mock battled yours once as well, almost lost my whole team. XD But I still won in the end. I doubt mine gives anyone trouble... I don't really make the best teams.

Cool, I hope it wasn't too much trouble.Ā  I haven't put a bunch of effort into synergizing my defense team, apart from making it so it minimizes the Lift loss on a Defense failure.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, I hope it wasn't too much trouble.Ā  I haven't put a bunch of effort into synergizing my defense team, apart from making it so it minimizes the Lift loss on a Defense failure.

Yeah, same here honestly. And no, it wasn't too much trouble, actually. I'm just not as skilled as other players, and I've struggled in trying to be better. I don't really care about being rank 1 or the highest tier in everything, but I'd like to go a bit higher than where I'm at and be able to clear some more abyssal maps on my own. I'm not going to want to clear all of them, but every now and then there is one with an accessory I like enough to go for.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I doubtļ»æ mine gives anyone trouble... I don't really make the best teams.

I would not worry too much about setting up the best defense team since your offense is more important than defense for Lift.Ā My defense team frequently gets steamrolled too, since any decent super tank should have no trouble withstanding my ranged ponies.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I would not worry too much about setting up the best defense team since your offense is more important than defense for Lift.Ā My defense team frequently gets steamrolled too, since any decent super tank should have no trouble withstanding my ranged ponies.

Yeah, that's true, though on occasion I actually get a successful defense win.

I got to tier 19 and I actually have enough Aether stones to add a sixth member to my defense team as well as my offensive one! So I added to my defense team. I forgot to add to my offensive one though... But I won two battles and I'll try to win more the next couple days, hopefully I can stay in tier 19 for this season.

Edited by Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's true, though on occasion I actually get a successful defense win.

I got to tier 19 and I actually have enough Aether stones to add a sixth member to my defense team as well as my offensive one! So I added to my defense team. I forgot to add to my offensive one though... But I won two battles and I'll try to win more the next couple days, hopefully I can stay in tier 19 for this season.

That's great! Just a note, you can't actually add a sixth offensive member in any tier. It's five attackers vs. six defenders from here on. I was quite disappointed when I first found that out since I don't use a defense team. If you have any defensive mythics, be sure to fill out those six spots with in season legendaries or blessed units.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

That's great! Just a note, you can't actually add a sixth offensive member in any tier. It's five attackers vs. six defenders from here on. I was quite disappointed when I first found that out since I don't use a defense team. If you have any defensive mythics, be sure to fill out those six spots with in season legendaries or blessed units.

You can, I've see the option to do so. And besides, it would be unfair if we couldn't use a team of six against another team of six.

I already put Yune in my defensive team, she's the only defense Mythic I have.

Ā 

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can, I've see the option to do so. And besides, it would be unfair if we couldn't use a team of six against another team of six.

Ā 

I'm pretty positive five members on the Offensive team is as far as it goes. It's 5 Vs. 6 on Tier 19 onwards.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ā 

I think you're going to be very disappointed. I didn't believe it either at first, and searched through all the menus thoroughly before finally asking here on the forums. I was so looking forward to having six attackers. That's one of the reasons Tiers 19-20 are so hard. In Tier 21, you come across a few rare players that don't care about defense, but that's less common in 19-20.

Another thing to watch out for is fortress upgrade requirements. The offensive fortress requires the defensive fortress to be within two levels as a prerequisite. So a level 5 offensive fortress requires a minimum level 3 defensive fortress. As far as I know, this isn't stated anywhere in the game until you actually meet all the other requirements for upgrade. For someone that doesn't use a defense team, this slowed my progress down quite a bit. Most players upgrade them more symmetrically so they were likely unaware of this limitation. It probably applies to defensive fortresses too.

Even one Yune will still help save a lot of lift if the five others are in season legendaries or have dark blessings.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Ā 

You should tell the thousands of people who are all using 5 units in T19 and higher, they apparently all missed this piece of vital information that you can use a 6th unit. They have all bene playing the game wrong since they got to T19.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I had a rough week, and decided to coast through, those few feathers and grails are not worth my headaches this week. i should still do my battles today though.Ā 

1 hour ago, Jave said:

I'm pretty positive five members on the Offensive team is as far as it goes. It's 5 Vs. 6 on Tier 19 onwards.

No, there is an option to add a sixth, you just have to be tier 19. I've seen it when making my offensive teams.

1 hour ago, Tree said:

I think you're going to be very disappointed. I didn't believe it either at first, and searched through all the menus thoroughly before finally asking here on the forums. I was so looking forward to having six attackers. That's one of the reasons Tiers 19-20 are so hard. In Tier 21, you come across a few rare players that don't care about defense, but that's less common in 19-20.

Another thing to watch out for is fortress upgrade requirements. The offensive fortress requires the defensive fortress to be within two levels as a prerequisite. So a level 5 offensive fortress requires a minimum level 3 defensive fortress. As far as I know, this isn't stated anywhere in the game until you actually meet all the other requirements for upgrade. For someone that doesn't use a defense team, this slowed my progress down quite a bit. Most players upgrade them more symmetrically so they were likely unaware of this limitation. It probably applies to defensive fortresses too.

Even one Yune will still help save a lot of lift if the five others are in season legendaries or have dark blessings.

And you're wrong, I've seen it in the actual game myself. I'd show you a screenshot, but I can't access the battle screen anymore now that I don't have enough Aether to battle.

7 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

You should tell the thousands of people who are all using 5 units in T19 and higher, they apparently all missed this piece of vital information that you can use a 6th unit. They have all bene playing the game wrong since they got to T19.

Like I said, I'd give proof, but I'm unable to right now.

Besides, like I said, 5 against 6 is hardly fair and poor game design. Just like how those hoards of enemy reinforcements on LHBs, MHBs, and some GHBs are unfair.

EDIT: Best proof I can give is finding a screenshot on the net showing that there are SIX starting offensive spots in AR battles. Why would there be six if you could not have a sixth unit on your team?

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, there is an option to add a sixth, you just have to be tier 19. I've seen it when making my offensive teams.

And you're wrong, I've seen it in the actual game myself. I'd show you a screenshot, but I can't access the battle screen anymore now that I don't have enough Aether to battle.

Like I said, I'd give proof, but I'm unable to right now.

Besides, like I said, 5 against 6 is hardly fair and poor game design. Just like how those hoards of enemy reinforcements on LHBs, MHBs, and some GHBs are unfair.

No, I've been in Tier 19 for the past two months. The option is not there.

But since you're so positive, I fully expect you to post proof tomorrow.

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure you can edit your team even if you can't battle. You just need to access the Edit Tower screen, so you can go there and post the proof you claim to have.

Edited by Jave

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

No, I've been in Tier 19 for the past two months. The option is not there.

But since you're so positive, I fully expect you to post proof tomorrow.

See my post edit. Six open starting spots in AR battles. There's no reason for there to be six if you couldn't have a sixth unit on the team.

And like I said, being able to have six on defense, but not offense is NOT FAIR. There's no reason for IS to have done this.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

See my post edit. Six open starting spots in AR battles. There's no reason for there to be six if you couldn't have a sixth unit on the team.

That's just for repositioning at the start. You can't add an actual sixth member.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

@AnacybeleĀ No, you just don't ever get a sixth slot for your raiding parties. I'm in Tier 19 myself (for now) and I and my still only Lvl. 2 offense fort justĀ want to fucking die.

Don't understand why fort levels are even a thing. It just penalizes new players even further. How do you incentive new people to play AR when they are inexperienced and have to deal with massive stat differential? Where is the intelligence in that Intelligent Systems?Ā 

The only thing I can think of is to punish people for abandoning the mode for a few months but that seems kind of evil.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

That's just for repositioning at the start. You can't add an actual sixth member.

You can still reposition regardless though, so...what's your point? A sixth open slot should mean a sixth possible member.

Besides, like I said before, not being able to have a sixth offensive team member is a bullshit idea that just needlessly punishes players.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

You can still reposition regardless though, so...what's your point? A sixth open slot should mean a sixth possible member.

Well it doesn't. My point is that you're wrong in regards to a sixth offensive member, which means you're either lying or entirely misinformed.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Well it doesn't. My point is that you're wrong in regards to a sixth offensive member, which means you're either lying or entirely misinformed.

Dude, wtf, I am not a liar. There's no need to be rude. Misinformed is possible, and you should've just left it at that here.

If I find that I'm wrong tomorrow though, I'm immediately sending feedback to IS. Being able to have six units on a defensive team but not offense is BULLSHIT.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, wtf, I am not a liar. There's no need to be rude. Misinformed is possible, and you should've just left it at that here.

If I find that I'm wrong tomorrow though, I'm immediately sending feedback to IS. Being able to have six units on a defensive team but not offense is BULLSHIT.

You already know that you're wrong. We've all told you here. You seriously believe that everyone here is misinformed about this or purposely lying to you?