Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Just now, Tree said:

Is your Fjorm merged? Fjorm is one of those characters I've seen accomplish incredible things, but mine seems to die too easily. Perhaps she needs more investment. I used Bow Lyn and Seasonal Bow Lyn (Louise) as the bonus and got enough lift to hold the tier for the week. (Just need a couple Yune for light season and I'll be set.)

Yeah, mine is merged, I also gave her the Null C-Disrupt skill to counter Firesweep and Dazzling weapons.  She's also +10 Dragon Flowered, which helps.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Which is effectively a free win for most normally competent team compositions.

Not really, especially if that dancer is L!Azura or the Herons. You just need to not be braindead and not expose your dancer in your defense team.

I've seen other comps using Guidance and/or Aerobatics movement (not on my tier, I've seen videos of people pulling that off with their defense team).

You don't need any copies of Mythic Heroes other than the free Eir to climb. You'll need those Mythic Heroes to place really high in the rankings, but that's not anywhere near as big of a deal.

I don't disagree but I could use some more grails and dragonflowers so it is kind of a deal. Just not a big one.

With restrictions to enemy team compositions, the game mode becomes easier, which means players will lose fewer Lift from unit losses, therefore making lacking bonuses from Mythic Heroes a larger source of missed Lift.

These restrictions only make the game mode easy for people who use Galeforce teams, DC Vantage or Super tanks.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, mine is merged, I also gave her the Null C-Disrupt skill to counter Firesweep and Dazzling weapons.  She's also +10 Dragon Flowered, which helps.

Yeah, that would probably do it. 😀 Without Nailah or Faye, I haven't used either side of Firesweep yet. (Side note: Dorcas is +10 Dragon Flowered now. Just needs two more merges for completion.)

Got 2 runs with 160 points today and even more impressive was my Anima Team actually getting a Success, but it was right before the reset so I assume it didn't count~ Regardless, any time they get a Success is impressive~

Once again I lose. I'm so fucking sick of losing every other fucking battle. It never changes no matter what I do, whether it's trying to make a better team, trying to position or read the AI, or what. Nothing. Fucking. Works. I have no idea why.

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Once again I lose. I'm so fucking sick of losing every other fucking battle. It never changes no matter what I do, whether it's trying to make a better team, trying to position or read the AI, or what. Nothing. Fucking. Works. I have no idea why.

Then how did you get into tier 19 if you constantly lose even if you change your team comp? Are you at least getting more lift than losing? 

Is it possible to be in top 3k with only one Eir and no Naga? 

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Then how did you get into tier 19 if you constantly lose even if you change your team comp? Are you at least getting more lift than losing? 

Is it possible to be in top 3k with only one Eir and no Naga? 

Because I didn't say I lost EVERY battle? I just lose a lot of them. It took me forever to get to tier 19.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Was the difficulty jump a lot between tier 18 and tier 19? 

Yeah, sure seems like it, especially with having to face six-unit defense teams with only five units on offense.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

This week is going pretty well. Naga being a bonus means I can field a Dancer and laugh harder at bad defense teams. Slowly climbing up with the usual Corrin / Jamke pair.

My T21 Current Defense Team doesnt run a Dancer and has so far won all Defense battles.

Brave Ike
Hrid
Naga
Sonya
Legendary Alm
Bride Fjorm

YES I fielded Brave Ike and its funny how much he surprises alot of Team setups that run ranged nukers with his Shield Pulse Steady Breath setup. Ranged units initiating on him fail to kill him (unless with AoE precharge special) and melee units fail to kill him on baiting due to the 2. Hit being absorbed by Urvan and they dont charge usually in because it means 1 unit is for sure going to die unless they are running galeforce.

43 minutes ago, Hilda said:

My T21 Current Defense Team doesnt run a Dancer and has so far won all Defense battles.

Brave Ike
Hrid
Naga
Sonya
Legendary Alm
Bride Fjorm

YES I fielded Brave Ike and its funny how much he surprises alot of Team setups that run ranged nukers with his Shield Pulse Steady Breath setup. Ranged units initiating on him fail to kill him (unless with AoE precharge special) and melee units fail to kill him on baiting due to the 2. Hit being absorbed by Urvan and they dont charge usually in because it means 1 unit is for sure going to die unless they are running galeforce.

My team doesn’t have an answer to Ike outside of baiting with Corrin. Which probably won’t pan out well depending on placement.

I only have one Astra team, but I’m hesitant to invest into another unit for now.

Well I just ran an offense team that really crippled the poor foe.

Bridal Fjorm, Aversa, Thokk Loki. My tank was regular Myrrh. Both because she has insane tanking skills and because she has spd tactic that I gave her some time back. All three of those guys have nutters hp so extra spd can let them act as an off tank. Threw regular Fjorm in as well just incase the big nuke was a red instead of a blue. All this combined with the Tactics room basically completely neutered a team of Staff Veronica, Julia(I assume to hammer Nagas?), Red Micaiah, Legendary Azura, Hrid, Ophelia.  That was kinda fun. However, my staffs and Aversa aren't built to boost very well so my tanks have to do it without a lot of support. Well outside of crippling movement and assists anyways.

T21 GET!

48fUFbU.png%C2%A0

I knew this week was basically my best chance of getting T21 so I really buckled down to try to make it happen. I had some Galeforce Teams that worked but I lacked a really good Astra tank so when I saw it was my son’s bonus Season, I decided to Summoner Support him, feed him 3 merges, and build him to Omega Tank into infinity.

pjNgjZm.png

And when he went even further beyond with L!Azura and Naga Stats~

lPISwBR.png

My little man carried his team to T21 with the help of Nah (Red tank), 2 WOM Nagas to fly in and save them when they were on low health, L!Alm in a match here and there, and the Galeforce Squad with L!Eirika and Raven (they only fought one match yesterday but it was a perfect run so I’m proud of them).

It was so close, I had 3 matches today and got completely destroyed by an IP team in the first one and decided to go with my plan B of doing rematches for my last two matches. Got 160 and 120 in those (could have played better in the last match but I just knew it was winnable and went for the very narrow win)~

I really have to thank @LordFrigid for helping me out with some builds! I really wouldn’t have made it to T21 without you, thank you so much!

The rest of the Astra team members:

Spoiler

Q9RX1Oe.png

4kjD7TI.png

XRbhVhQ.png

a6Xw7en.png

IMgUWmk.png

Brk1WRp.png

k7AxcWk.png

Also my Anima team got 5 Successes (including one from a guy on my Fren List)~

I didn't get close to tier 20 this time... I don't know what to do, but somehow I need to be able to deal with more threats regardless of my team setup and the season. Fjorm makes short work of teams with a lot of mages (I faced one Def team that was nothing but red and blue mages, for instance, so she nearly solo'd that), but she's only super helpful in Water season for obvious reasons. I have trouble dealing with units like fallen Tiki (not even my anti-dragon units can one-round her most of the time and she is anti-dragon herself, so Naga doesn't help much here) and units that constantly park themselves on defense tiles.

Teams with dancers and Galeforce also tend to give me trouble. Teams with both just make me go "what the hell am I suppose to do here..."

And of course, I still hate teams that have one unit trapped in a corner behind a bunch of shit. I still think this is stupid and should not be allowed.

It'd also help if I'm ever able to get my hands on an Anima Mythic so I can reduce my lift loss during Anima season. I hope the next new one is Anima if Duma isn't returning on that banner.

But at least with today's grail reward, I'll finally be able to +10 female Robin! WOO!

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still hate teams that have one unit trapped in a corner

I like these teams because you only have to worry about five defenders rather than six. The jailed units are easy targets at the end for ranged or armor effective units. It took a little setup, but I had green Hammer Haar take out red Halloween Myrrh and survive.

39 minutes ago, Tree said:

I like these teams because you only have to worry about five defenders rather than six. The jailed units are easy targets at the end for ranged or armor effective units. It took a little setup, but I had green Hammer Haar take out red Halloween Myrrh and survive.

You'd think, but for me it tends to take too long to defeat the other enemies AND bust my way through all the obstacles blocking me to the last enemy.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You'd think, but for me it tends to take too long to defeat the other enemies AND bust my way through all the obstacles blocking me to the last enemy.

Yeah, that can be an issue. One thing that helped me with eliminating tough units at the end was upgrading the Dark Shrine. The Dark Shrine lowers both the defense and resistance of the enemy unit with the highest combined total defensive stats (at the start of any turn). The maximum upgraded Dark Shrine drops defense and resistance both by five points. It does not matter where you place it.

[edit]

Make sure you get the offensive Dark Shrine and not the defensive one. Also, there's a Light Bright Shrine that does the same thing for attack and speed.

Edited by Tree

My defense team is sitting at 16 matches, 7 wins, and 6 kills on losses, for a 53% win rate this week. Most wins against the team were with a Fjorm tank, which is understandable.

Next week's bonus units look like they'll be difficult for me to work with. So I guess I'm just going to go without a bonus unit for the week.

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

Yeah, that can be an issue. One thing that helped me with eliminating tough units at the end was upgrading the Dark Shrine. The Dark Shrine lowers both the defense and resistance of the enemy unit with the highest combined total defensive stats (at the start of any turn). The maximum upgraded Dark Shrine drops defense and resistance both by five points. It does not matter where you place it.

[edit]

Make sure you get the offensive Dark Shrine and not the defensive one. Also, there's a Light Bright Shrine that does the same thing for attack and speed.

I see. I'm low on stones though, and I want to use them to upgrade the healing tower and bolt tower too.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I see. I'm low on stones though, and I want to use them to upgrade the healing tower and bolt tower too.

I've gotten some use out of an upgraded Bolt Tower (although it can put enemies into Vantage range so be careful). The Healing Tower wasn't that useful for me though. I'd personally just bring an offensive healer like Veronica or a singing healer like Leanne or Reyson. In light season, you also have the healing from one or two Eirs. We do get a few hundred stones per week, so it's easy to save up again. Upgrade whatever works best for you.