Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Regarding whether to upgrade aether or defense, at higher tiers, I think defense. Every day you lose lift if your defense is defeated. From what I understand, the pots still only refill 50 a day or something so that the large capacity only gives you an extra 2 or 3 fights at the initial fill. I have not actually done the math though.

Edited by Qilin

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I just met something interesting in Aether raids. Restore staves don't aggro from you debuffing their team, but they do act, so a dancer would move to dance a restore stave that acted---which makes the enemy formation a bit different than you'd expect.

And they actually move out of threat range if possible even on following turns---again without aggroing.

28 minutes ago, dethneer said:

Also how do we get more green dew? I must've missed it when they were talking about it during the tutorial but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere in the list of rewards.

You get gold dew by using gold rocks, so you get green dew by using green rocks. Well, they're more blue than green, but same deal.

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Oh I just met something interesting in Aether raids. Restore staves don't aggro from you debuffing their team, but they do act, so a dancer would move to dance a restore stave that acted---which makes the enemy formation a bit different than you'd expect.

And they actually move out of threat range if possible even on following turns---again without aggroing.

That's also the case with other staves if you hit enemies with things like Skadi's effect.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

I lost a raid because an enemy Loki retreated, because of course if anyone should do it it should be Loki.

Rank #2605 today, which means that I’m going up in the ranking even if I lose a unit yesterday. As long as I don’t make many mistakes, it could be easier than expected to end in top 3K (watch me now lose a complete match or something like that)

Rank 420 with half an hour left in the day, so it looks like players are falling from the top faster than I anticipated.

I should have no trouble staying in top 1,000 if I don't screw up, and top 3,000 for maximum rewards is pretty much guaranteed if I'm not being an idiot. That said, I'm only allowed to lose 1 unit if I want to reach 3,600 Lift for the extra 10 rocks and 2 grails.

On the other hand, I can miss up to 5 Aether stores from here on out to the end of the season.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Urgh, will be a bit close for me. I am around rank 1,5k and I messed up today. Got 1 death thanks to L!Lucina, but I know how to counter this in future. Also have 37 aether left today xD and need 39.

Edited by Stroud

Halloween Henry such a champ, survived Triangle Adept Wo Dao+ Moonbow-charged Olivia's attack with 1 HP left on turn 6 which let me break last aether pot and take out Olivia turn 7. :wub:

Having a bulky ranged unit that doesn't have Close Counter is so useful for stalling in this mode.

Right now, I'm at:

AR Tier 8
3,040 Lift
30 Aether in the bank
Next battle = 40 Aether
2 days remaining

Not sure exactly how Aether needed for battles is calculated. Neither am I sure how much Aether is earned from destroying Aether stores, since it seems to be rising over time.

If anyone knows how it's calculated and can show me how many Aether supplies I am allowed to miss without it affecting my final scoring, care to educate me?

Is it even safe to miss Aether? What if our stored Aether carries on into the next season?

@Raven Unless the change has already taken affect Aether cost is Current Lift/100 + 10. After the change it will be Current Lift/100 + 9. Like many in this thread noted the optimal scoring actually required losing a unit/doing an 80 lift battle early on.

From what other in this thread have done math wise Aether refresh is 10% of the aether spent to start the battle per resource destroyed.

And all are free to mourn my chances of getting in the 3000. I just whiffed two matches at work today. I have learned that playing Aether Raids at work is a bad idea since I am often rushed(have a really bad signal there so I spend nearly all break just trying to get connected. I usually do an Arena match or other single map match, but tried to do my Aether runs today). So that is 200 Lift lower than where I should be. One was a turn miscalculation leading to a time out and the other was trying to rush through an matchup and making just one too many mistakes. 2 Breaks at work, 2 horrible runs. I'll have to stick to something that is more easily recovered from while at work from now on.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Not sure exactly how Aether needed for battles is calculated.

9 + [current Lift] / 100 rounded up.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Neither am I sure how much Aether is earned from destroying Aether stores, since it seems to be rising over time.

10% of your spent Aether rounded down for one store destroyed. 20% of your spent Aether rounded down for two.

1 hour ago, Raven said:

What if our stored Aether carries on into the next season?

Aether is fully restored to your maximum at the end of each season.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Aether is fully restored to your maximum at the end of each season.

Oh, maybe it's worth it to upgrade the aether containers? Sitting at a max of 150 right now. I used my aether dew to upgrade my defense fortress.

I've got the Aether Amphorae, Def fort and Off fort at level 2. I have exactly 0 Heavenly Dew and only 80 Aether Stones at the moment.

Edited by Raven

8 hours ago, Raven said:

If anyone knows how it's calculated and can show me how many Aether supplies I am allowed to miss without it affecting my final scoring, care to educate me?

Is it even safe to miss Aether? What if our stored Aether carries on into the next season?

Best score you can end up with is 3,540 Lift. With the amount of Aether you have, the pots don't even matter from here on because even if you played perfectly, you'd be 2 Aether short of one last run, and if you completely skipped over them, you'd have 2 Aether left. Since Aether doesn't carry over, getting the pots would pretty much just amount to practice, so to speak.

3 hours ago, Eilanzer said:

Did you guys level the defense fortress or the atk fort first? i did the def first and dunno if it was the right choice...1000 dew will take some time to gather =/

I upgraded the pots, since I'd rather have the extra Aether next season than worry about maybe reducing my Def losses.

Mind that Aether Regen will be available to upgrade eventually. It's just invisible right now because---I'm assuming here---that the devs wanted to see how much Aether we actually use up and how much resources we have before finalizing regen upgrade prices and tier requirement. (I vaguely remember that we needed T11 before we could upgrade the Aether Regen buildings, back when I was going through the tutorial.)

Personally I'd upgrade Regen > Stores > Offensive Forts and ignore everything else, but that's because I'm a lazy ass. (Defensive stuff should be prioritized over offensive stuff if you're just worried about rank, I think. Perfect play stomps AI even if they have +8 all stats on you, so Offensive Forts aren't that high priority except for QoL.)

Edit:

@Ice Dragon Yeah, feels like the top rank is dropping out fast for some reason. I made a mistake and went down to x80 but am top 2k even with 1 run left today, it's weird. (3,080 is rank 238, what the hell?)

Edited by DehNutCase

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, feels like the top rank is dropping out fast for some reason. I made a mistake and went down to x80 but am top 2k even with 1 run left today, it's weird. (3,080 is rank 238, what the hell?)

My theory is that there is some kind of hidden matchmaking algorithm. The higher your score, the "better" defence teams you get matched with.

It may be just coincidence/selective memory, but ever since I lost an offensive match, I've seen less ranged horse/dancer teams.

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

My theory is that there is some kind of hidden matchmaking algorithm. The higher your score, the "better" defence teams you get matched with.

It may be just coincidence/selective memory, but ever since I lost an offensive match, I've seen less ranged horse/dancer teams.

I mean, the matchmaking is definitely Lift Based (you get matched with people around your tier), but that shouldn't affect the top.

There are enough broken units in the game that every match is heavily player favored, even if you only use one team. (I've been using my team of Aversa, Flying Azura, Cordelia, Horse Lyn the whole season). Add in 5 possible teams and it's not even a contest, really.

That is, losing a unit is pretty much only due to misplays, so you'd assume that people with more score than you, by definition, would misplay less than you.

52 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, feels like the top rank is dropping out fast for some reason. I made a mistake and went down to x80 but am top 2k even with 1 run left today, it's weird. (3,080 is rank 238, what the hell?)

Some players who were in the 2,800-2,880 range yesterday are down one run today due to being short only a handful of Aether, which can explain some of the dilution at the top. Note, however, that those players, due to only barely being short of a third run today, have enough Aether to run one more run (6) than everyone else (5) at the top in the remaining two days, so they'll still catch back up in the end.

In particular, if you lost 20-100 points so far, you are currently in the 3,100-3,200 range with 3 runs tomorrow and 2 runs the following day. If you lost 120-200 points so far, you are currently in the 3,000-3,100 range with 3 runs tomorrow and 3 runs the following day.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I dunno, since I saw both an unmerged horse team and a +10 team with 3 whale armors on it today. Overall only like 1/4 of my matches have been horse meme ones, aside from Veronica tossed into some random teams. I've been getting a good mix of everything and haven't lost a match yet (but I did lose 1 unit by accident yesterday). (I'm 3,080 score)

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Some players who were in the 2,800-2,880 range yesterday are down one run today due to being short only a handful of Aether, which can explain some of the dilution at the top. Note, however, that those players, due to only barely being short of a third run today, have enough Aether to run one more run (6) than everyone else (5) at the top in the remaining two days, so they'll still catch back up in the end.

Can't be a very large group, though, since the people between ~300 and ~1800 are just 1.5k, and we're talking about a tiny fraction of those.

Which actually makes the top 3k limit for rank rewards pretty forgiving, all things considered. (To the point where you might be able to straight up lose one of the final runs and still make top 3k.)

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I dunno, since I saw both an unmerged horse team and a +10 team with 3 whale armors on it today.

I don't think the "score" would be based on BST/arena score. I'd base the "quality" of a defence team on the number of wins it gets.