Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Fair enough. I guess it's just one of those things where it's hard to break in if you aren't in the initial push.

Eh, just use crystals. Not like they're useful for anything apart from boosting new merges like this, and getting level 5* fodder to level 40 to hear their confessions.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

Fair enough. I guess it's just one of those things where it's hard to break in if you aren't in the initial push.

Eh, just use crystals. Not like they're useful for anything apart from boosting new merges like this, and getting level 5* fodder to level 40 to hear their confessions.

I keep forgetting about crystals, though on the other hand I've made two neatly balanced teams for levelling in anticipation of the double XP week. I'll go ahead and crystal her then, and promote the good 3* Legault I just got to take her place in the levelling teams (all the other units are fresh with 0 sp). With any luck the timing will coincide with the next Forging Bonds and I can level them evenly through that.

Went ahead and did today's battle with the Spring Palla (who I keep forgetting has Disarm Trap) in place of Eir. Worked out okay but was lucky in that I faced a team with very limited reach. Will see how this pans out over the next few days worth of battles. I mostly run into trouble from attempting to tank their long-reach nukes since with the stat disadvantage even my tankiest units have difficulty. For slower defense teams I can leverage brave/effective weapons to nullify the disadvantage to a much larger extent.

Edited by Humanoid

Well this week is good so far. Defensively anyways. Day 1 absolutely killed me and ate all my ladders. Haven't had any issues the rest of the week though. Managed rank 5k so far and still have enough Aether for 1 more match. So doing better than usual despite the first day.
4 Successes - Amazingly every one has landed free of the Lift Control and thus I have yet to take any lift loss at all.
4 Failures - Problem. Only one of the failures actually had the foe take losses. This is a problem and I'll have to look into it. I want at least 1 loss inflicted on average.

Problem appears to be Duma and the fact that Naga teams just completely body him. Problem 2. I included Halloween Myrrh on the team since she is one of my bigger focused characters. Obviously that works poorly. I really hope we get another Anima Mythic soon so that I can at least get Duma out of the way. He doesn't add much. Never gets a kill and just seems to take up space/get in the way. But yeah 2 dragons on a defense team against Naga is at least 1 dragon too many. If not 2 too many.

8 hours ago, Usana said:

Problem appears to be Duma and the fact that Naga teams just completely body him. Problem 2. I included Halloween Myrrh on the team since she is one of my bigger focused characters. Obviously that works poorly. I really hope we get another Anima Mythic soon so that I can at least get Duma out of the way. He doesn't add much. Never gets a kill and just seems to take up space/get in the way. But yeah 2 dragons on a defense team against Naga is at least 1 dragon too many. If not 2 too many.

Maybe give one of them Armor Boots? It helps pressure players. I agree that Duma without Boots at 1 movement range is pretty pathetic. Even with Nikes on, he is still no Reinhardt or Lunge-cavalry, but at least he can march with his infantry teammates to rush the player.

On the other hand, melee infantry are not that that threatening either, so I am not sure if Boots will actually make much of a difference.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

Maybe give one of them Armor Boots? It helps pressure players. I agree that Duma without Boots at 1 movement range is pretty pathetic. Even with Nikes on, he is still no Reinhardt or Lunge-cavalry, but at least he can march with his infantry teammates to rush the player.

On the other hand, melee infantry are not that that threatening either, so I am not sure if Boots will actually make much of a difference.

My first thought was to dismiss the boots idea since this team has plenty of Armor March to go around(I also have my Amelia and Halloween Jakob(whom I gave armor march) on it, it is basically my highly invested unit showcase that I have been trying to make useful). But there have been a few people who have managed to split them up, so it could still be useful.

Anyways my team got another win. And it was just after the lift loss window opened. So I am still on track to have 0 lost lift from defense. I have no idea how this is happening. My luck is just apparently good this week. Anyways I have done some serious redesigns to how it is set up. The way I had my structures set appeared to be how folks were separating people, so I opened everything up a bit.

Anyways once I feel like it I will go ahead and give Duma the boots. Problem is my team has non-standard setups so I will have to reload everyone's equips/seals and I don't feel like doing that right now. Plus I am debating on whether I should change out Amelia's seal. I currently am just lazy and gave her the ATK/SPD +2 seal. Gives her 63ATK and 46SPD(assuming you haven't separated her to disable her Axe). But 46 SPD while nifty isn't exactly enough to guarantee a double or to deny all doubles. I am really wishing I had used a +SPD Amelia as my base instead of a +ATK. But at the time I made the decision SPD creep hadn't happened so 34 base was quite workable. That and it was before the merge changes and all my spd boons had atk banes or defense banes. Well maybe someday I'll get a +SPD variant. Anyways Fierce Stance might give her a better shot at one shooting something that attacks her, but I doubt it since mythic blessings give so much bulk and Naga also boosts defense. 69-72 ATK(with a drive) just won't cut it. The Darting Stance Seal meanwhile can push her up to 50-53 with a drive, but am not sure if that is enough to be worth it. I need more QR seals :D.

Glad about the advice for pushing Bolt Tower, Cronya is really fun with it. Preparing for Turn 3 and just set her up. I do not care much about collecting Aether for additional rounds anymore. I just push through every round for now. And try to come up with quick ways to play and still be consistent in winning at least. 

I was looking forward to this, my newest AR teammember(s)!

Here we have Kronya, who i knew needed special spiral since she can use it with vantage. Fierce stance and her weapon will give a sizeable atk bump. 

Her teammate is my newly promoted Fallen Takumi. Being able to trigger a bolt trap, bolt tower, Skadi(with added panic) and her own savage blow all on turn three means no healing tower or healer will likely be able to heal someone up to full. 

What’s more, she herself is able to be at full HP if I don’t trigger the bolt trap which means hardy bearing users will have more trouble getting her down to 0. 

The only thing I am contemplating is... moonbow, luna, noontime or sol. With spiral and her speed a 3 turn special could work, but the consistency the 2 turn special give... decisions decisions

E8EC43B0-FCE3-4D96-A681-274D28302EF8.jpeg

On 8/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, Usana said:

I do want to say, I think it depends on your team. My Anima Defense Team is entirely Dragons except Surtr and it gets me a fair amount of Successes. Now why, I don't know, and granted, one is L!Tiki who takes care for the Nagas for the team, but I wouldn't flat out say that they team is automatically bad because it has Dragons. I find a lot of Naga players don't pay enough attention to whether or not she'll die in combat and throw her away far too often. I don't know the rest of your team but if you can get Duma and Myrrh to synergize with them, I think it can work out~

@Landmaster I actually haven't been hit too many times by people with Naga this week. But those Naga players I have run into almost always keep her way in the back and only bring her forward to hammer Myrrh.

My team is Duma, Amelia +10, Halloween Myrrh, Halloween Jakob, Brave Hector, and Veronica. Amelia seems to always be the one that causes the foe to surrender. People keep underestimating her. Pretty sure they forget to factor in her weapon's +5 SPD/DEF for having march in effect. Though my most recent success was something else since speed and defense didn't come into play. They apparently misjudged how hard she would hit their Surtr. They surrendered the moment he dropped. Maybe they forgot to account for Duma's Blessing?

Anyways this team has done well enough this week that I am still at 0 lost lift. It is crazy! Though to be fair I have only succeeded a little over half the time last I counted. I have just been lucky that every time the window opens a success lands before the failure.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:13 PM, Humanoid said:

Here's a like-for-like orb cost comparison. Source is this guy.

Three Houses banner

/June Legendary banner

Best case scenario for both is predictably green, where we can compare Edelgard's 106 median and 144 average orb cost against 122/172 for Yune (or any specific green unit on the banner). Worst case is of course red, Byleth's 126/172 against 145/203 (if we pretend one of the greys last month was Mythic). 

Interesting that basically pulling a focus red on 6% banner is extremely close in cost to pulling a specific green on an 8% banner.

Sorry for this rather late response; I somehow missed your post.

Those numbers don't reflect my experiences over many banners. I spend much more than 144 on average for specific units on a four unit banner, and mythic banners have been even worse. Yune was a green unit too. Perhaps I've just been unlucky in Heroes this year.

so far only 40 lift loss from Defenses, didnt care much for offense this week because i was busy so i forfeit like 4 matches (got in the beginning of the week enough points to stay in Tier 21).

I am working, or basicly finished my new Darkness Defense Team

@Johann@mampfoid Since i know i have you 2 on my Friendlist (forget me if i forgot anyone else), could you mockbattle/test my new Defense map on Tuesday and give me some insight on how hard it was to beat?
Would appreciate your feedback. I think i am missing something.

You will face the following enemies:

Sothis +3 (+RES):
Weapon: Sublime Surge
Support: None
Special: Sirius
A: Swift Sparrow 3
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C : Times Pulse
Seal: Atk/Spd Bond 3

Yune +2 (+Atk):
Weapon: Chaos Manifest
Special: Moonbow
A: Fury 3
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C : Chaos Named
Seal: Fortress Res 3

Brave Ike +10 (+Atk):
Weapon: Urvan
Special: Sacred Cowl
A: Distant Def 4
B: Shield Pulse 3
C : Infantery Pulse 3
Seal: Attack Smoke 3

Kagero +10 (+Def)
Weapon: Kageros Dart (Refined with unique)
Special: Ruptured Sky
A: Sturdy Impact
B: Null Follow up
C : Times Pulse 3
Seal: Hardy Bearing 3

Seliph +10 (+HP)
Weapon: Tyrfing (Refined with Miracle)
Special: Reprisal
A: Distant Counter
B: Null C-Disrupt 3
C : Panic Ploy 3
Seal: Quick Riposte

Bride Fjorm +10 (+HP):
Weapon: Gjallarbru
Support: Martyr+
Special: Miracle
A: HP+4/Atk+2
B: Sudden Panic 3
C : Ground Orders 3
Seal: Hp+4 / Spd +2
Seal

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Since i know i have you 2 on my Friendlist (forget me if i forgot anyone else), could you mockbattle/test my new Defense map on Tuesday and give me some insight on how hard it was to beat?
Would appreciate your feedback. I think i am missing something.

Ok, I'll do. (Wouldn't mind a short reminder tomorrow). 

Well. . . I got off work to another success today. It is outside the lift control window, so I am pretty I have 0 loss lift this week. I didn't think that was possible with my team. Though my last offense push went horrible. Mostly because of my insistence to use only the one team. I really can't be bothered. But dang was my team pretty much hard countered in the last two matches. I thought I might be able to push through with some smart play, but I lacked the damage/number of dancers needed to pull it off.

Oh and Defense results.
9 Successes
5 Failures

3 of those successes all in the last 20 or so hours! Seems I wasn't the only one having a rough final push.

Edited by Usana

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoid @Johann

Just a reminder to test my defense map ._.

That's one evil Fjorm! 68 HP, sudden panic and ground orders to help Kagero if she was hit by a tactic room. 

I'm pretty lazy in AR these days (just slap low scoring Galeforce units at everything), so this map would have cost me a ladder. Didn't find a way yet to beat it without losing a unit of my standard team, so great work! 

I think B!Ike is built to survive ranged attacks, but apart from giving IP to Kagero and Sothis, he is not adding much. 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That's one evil Fjorm! 68 HP, sudden panic and ground orders to help Kagero if she was hit by a tactic room. 

I'm pretty lazy in AR these days (just slap low scoring Galeforce units at everything), so this map would have cost me a ladder. Didn't find a way yet to beat it without losing a unit of my standard team, so great work! 

I think B!Ike is built to survive ranged attacks, but apart from giving IP to Kagero and Sothis, he is not adding much. 

B!Ike stalls alot of Time. I have had Defensiv Battles where 2x Eir and 1xAversa couldnt bring him down. He is totally tailored towards ranged only Teams. They have a tough time dealing with him due to his built.

Against Melee only teams he doesnt do much that is correct, but thats where the rest of the Team comes in.

Thank you for your feedback!

Edited by Hilda

Got my first success this week. And it may have been due to a misplay on the foe's part? Not sure, but he smote, or is it smitted? Well whatever. He threw Tiki forward too far. She ended up in range of Claude and he could bring her down before she could bring any of my team down. She may not have been enough to tank everyone anyways, and he was going to lose some units no matter what(my dark defense is a cav line type defense). But throwing Tiki that far ahead made me wince. That wasn't going to end well. You do not want to end your turn in both Claude's and Brave Lyn's range. You better have one darn good super tank if you are going to try and pull that.

This is what they thought was a good idea to try.

Spoiler

jHHQpTz.png
Yeah. That went very poorly for this poor soul. I am actually surprised Sue blew Ursula out of the water. Sue is -ATK. I mean she is normally walled completely. I probably need to use someone else. But I like having a bunch of chills/sabotages/etc running around. Makes it nearly impossible to avoid Claude's Cunning Bow and Lilina's Broadleaf fan. Sadly my Yune is -RES which makes a it a little bit harder for her to land her debuffs. I wish I had some Fortress RES fodder. Not like she usually attacks. She is just there for Debuff support and mythic bonuses. I already have the seal on her, but that still leaves her RES low enough to beat by Light boosted foes. A few more points would go a long way. Maybe it would be worth it to give her Fortress DEF/RES? I do have some of that.

And yes Lilina has her Rally Up RES. So if she isn't in range of someone all it takes is a single Chill or Sabotage and Claude gets his bonus(I wonder if the player thought Claude wasn't going to get it due to Tiki's Res being higher than Yune's or Lilina's?). I left Reciprocal Aid on Louise. If you don't leave someone in her range she'll heal up Claude so that he can go for another round.

And do you think I should move the flag to behind Claude? Or is it fine being behind the 'mythical' leader of the team? The color does suit her.

27 minutes ago, Usana said:

Got my first success this week. And it may have been due to a misplay on the foe's part? Not sure, but he smote, or is it smitted? Well whatever. He threw Tiki forward too far. She ended up in range of Claude and he could bring her down before she could bring any of my team down. She may not have been enough to tank everyone anyways, and he was going to lose some units no matter what(my dark defense is a cav line type defense). But throwing Tiki that far ahead made me wince. That wasn't going to end well. You do not want to end your turn in both Claude's and Brave Lyn's range. You better have one darn good super tank if you are going to try and pull that.

Hide contents

jHHQpTz.png
Yeah. That went very poorly for this poor soul. I am actually surprised Sue blew Ursula out of the water. Sue is -ATK. I mean she is normally walled completely. I probably need to use someone else. But I like having a bunch of chills/sabotages/etc running around. Makes it nearly impossible to avoid Claude's Cunning Bow and Lilina's Broadleaf fan. Sadly my Yune is -RES which makes a it a little bit harder for her to land her debuffs. I wish I had some Fortress RES fodder. Not like she usually attacks. She is just there for Debuff support and mythic bonuses. I already have the seal on her, but that still leaves her RES low enough to beat by Light boosted foes. A few more points would go a long way. Maybe it would be worth it to give her Fortress DEF/RES? I do have some of that.

And yes Lilina has her Rally Up RES. So if she isn't in range of someone all it takes is a single Chill or Sabotage and Claude gets his bonus(I wonder if the player thought Claude wasn't going to get it due to Tiki's Res being higher than Yune's or Lilina's?). I left Reciprocal Aid on Louise. If you don't leave someone in her range she'll heal up Claude so that he can go for another round.

And do you think I should move the flag to behind Claude? Or is it fine being behind the 'mythical' leader of the team? The color does suit her.

Claude has to have his flag! Though, you are right, the color does suit Yune pretty well~

4 hours ago, Usana said:

Hide contents

jHHQpTz.png

not seeing the problem there. Just park legendary Ike in the middle of it and all the horsies will autodie to his Radiant Aether

I faced the exact same map but it had Veronica Reinhard Brave Lyn Prisicilla Sothis and that other bow girl. Didnt go well for that defense map. My Dancing Dagger Olivia basicly killed half of the enemys on this map while Eir took care of the other ones. I am not saying its not an effectiv defene, but prepared people will blow it up, but its a really mean/cheap setup. Prolly will get nerfed by IS anyway.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Pretty heartbreaking when your Null C-Disrupt tank waifu fails and you end up losing 3 units on turn 1 as a result.
https://i.imgur.com/nAeTNR2.mp4

I have fallen for similar types of traps too. I feel like an idiot afterwards.