Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

It's fantastic too for those who play the minimum amount as it could get pretty hairy if you only played 5 maps a week in total in terms of avoiding the drop. Now we should be pretty safe.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sad that I did not record a match i had. 

Three duma, L!Azura, B!Roy and a Reinhardt. Rein was boosted to 81 atk because of Duma, DB4 and Fire boost of all things.

I managed to Isolate Azura and tank Roy and predict Azura’s warping shenanigans to isolate her Turn 2 as well. Still couldn’t tank Rein, who had overlap on all other units except Azura. With deliberate buffs that would get panicked Nailah had just low enough Res to get attacked by Azura. After that Rein was able to be killed by a buffed Naga after destroying two buildings. She also was able to survive two naga with 1 hp. After that i had some great smite and WOM shenanigans to get the aether and Nailah tanked a vengeance vantage Duma for the last kill. It was only possible by shuffling Divine dragon buffs accross the team.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here's a tip: Always equip Hardy Bearing in your Defensive Team. My CC Vantage Laevatein destroyed a team early today because it's Ophelia didn't have Hardy Bearing.

Yeah, I love it when the enemy team got no Firesweep nor Hardy Bearing (or only have one that can be easily sniped) and put the real Bolt Trap right in front of me.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I got 8 Successes this season... pretty good! And one of them I got having a fort Lv 5+0, because I forgot to place the bonus structure!

I'm so jealous this team still works for you but died for me weeks ago, ORZ! Maybe I need a 2nd dancer~

On another note, I got my 2nd Gold Throne this week! I think I was Rank 2,095~

Edited by Landmaster

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My own trick (keeping my bolt trap at level 1) was biting me back this week on offense. Luckily most players upgraded it to the max level. 

Yeah, sometimes I encounter defense teams with level 1 Bolt Trap and I am like crap, my Laevatein is dead.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I got 8 Successes this season... pretty good! And one of them I got having a fort Lv 5+0, because I forgot to place the bonus structure!

I'm happy this map works so well for you. Still haven't started improving my own map. 

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, sometimes I encounter defense teams with level 1 Bolt Trap and I am like crap, my Laevatein is dead.

I know that feeling when Roy is alone in enemie's range and my dancers can't WoM to him. 

9 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm so jealous this team still works for you but died for me weeks ago, ORZ! Maybe I need a 2nd dancer~

On another note, I got my 2nd Gold Throne this week! I think I was Rank 2,095~

Yep. A 2nd dance is working better than a cavalry unit.

And congrats for the 2nd Golden Throne! I did pretty bad in offensive this last season, so I didn't get on... just a Bronze one and a SIlver one.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm happy this map works so well for you. Still haven't started improving my own map. 

Thanks Mampf! If it ain't broke, don't fix it , right?

I hope you can find a way to improve your map. Or just copy Landy's map, which was what I did

Edited by Diovani Bressan

+10 Vantage DC Duma Defense Teams with literally Clustered Savage Blow, Bolt Tower and Traps can go DIAF. My Healing tower got destroyed ._.

I should remember to bring my Healer Team in Astra when i see my Healing Tower getting wrecked.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

+10 Vantage DC Duma Defense Teams with literally Clustered Savage Blow, Bolt Tower and Traps can go DIAF. My Healing tower got destroyed ._.

I should remember to bring my Healer Team in Astra when i see my Healing Tower getting wrecked.

I bring BH!Lyn with Firesweep as part of my main team to deal with any Enemy Phase obnoxiousness.

But yeah, that sounds like a pain in ass when you are not prepared for all the splash damage.

Edited by XRay

Of course, I still can't win much in this garbage mode. And I'm going to somehow have to win again at some point if I want more Heroes' Path stuff. Thanks a lot, IS.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course, I still can't win much in this garbage mode. And I'm going to somehow have to win again at some point if I want more Heroes' Path stuff. Thanks a lot, IS.

Heroes' Path is not going anywhere, so there is no need to rush it. I would just focus on getting used to Aether Raids more and learn to utilize a variety of tactics. Practicing on your friends' maps also helps.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Heroes' Path is not going anywhere, so there is no need to rush it. I would just focus on getting used to Aether Raids more and learn to utilize a variety of tactics. Practicing on your friends' maps also helps.

Being stuck at rank 12 for days because I can't clear ONE stupid quest is annoying though. I want that Brave Ike at 15 so I can make mine +6. And I'm not trying to rush it, I know I don't have to.

Thanks, but I don't have time for those things. I have a job and school to focus more on. And even if I didn't, I don't enjoy spending hours and hours on this game in one day anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Congratulations to you guys reaching tier 21 this week!

I had a very good week on defense, losing only 80 lift total and thus getting the maximum of 24 dragonflowers. I have no Dark or Anima mythic Heroes, so this isn't something that happens too often.
On offense I believe I'm barely above the treshold to recieve my 17th Gold Throne, so that went surprisingly smoothly as well. I ran into a surprising amount of teams who simply couldn't hurt Sigrun once she got smited in. Her mixed bulk as a summoner supported bonus unit with Eir support was pretty amazing. Next week is Aversa bonus season, so I've taken this opportunity to +10 her. She'll probably be fun to use, but I'm not looking forward to facing her on every defense team.

Congrats @Nym and @Jave.

My Cav line again managed to score at least 1 kill on every challenger. Actually this week I didn't see any below 2 kills this week when I had last checked. Total lost lift was 45.  This is working better than I expected since it isn't 'finished' yet due to my leaving at least one glaring weakness on it.

Today I learned that Defense Fortress 3 is required to build Offense Fortress 5. That's super annoying because my defense team is set up for an auto-loss as I have no interest in it - hell, I haven't even bought the slot for the fifth defense unit. My hopes and dreams for an easier time in offense have been dashed for a few more weeks, frustrating.

Congrats on Tier 21; enjoy the shiny new background.

Yeah hearing about the experiences of people who have had to play catch-up with AR, it sounds frustrating as shit; being allowed to properly let your defences tank until you're caught up would have helped. Hopefully it's something they recalibrate as they move forward... I promise it's a fucking good mode once you get to fort 5/tier 21!

Edited by Parrhesia