Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This mode is always going to be unenjoyable and shitty...

As much as I like to have a relentlessly positive attitude, AR is just too cheesy LOL

19 minutes ago, Nym said:

It's very unenjoyable and shitty for those that don't invest into it. That's the sad problem about AR.

First off

Nym

Is that you

Oú-est ta photo d'eevee ?

I didnt even recognize you at first... unless you're some impostor 👀

Second, yes you really do need to invest into it. Which is why IS gave us those AR skills and why people may feel compelled to summon for certain characters. Like me thinking I could get a Sothis or Altina from last banner but instead I left it with 9.5%

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Nym said:

It's very unenjoyable and shitty for those that don't invest into it. That's the sad problem about AR.

I had the mindset as you are until to look more into it. Not because I'm that much of a competetive guy but simply for more grails. Do you know the  kind of teams you can use on offense? So far I've seen 4.

Yeah, I can agree on those first two sentences. AR is awful because it takes way too much investment imo. I'm not saying I want things to be super easy and my hand held or anything, I'm willing to put some effort in. But this game has a bunch of other modes too, and I have a life on top of that.

I also just mainly want to keep a steady income of grails and flowers. This is the only mode that gives a lot of those. If it wasn't for that, I'd never touch it.

And I kind of know. Super tanking team, player phasing team, Galeforce team...I think those kinds? But they all take a lot of investment.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

As much as I like to have a relentlessly positive attitude, AR is just too cheesy LOL

And by it being cheesy, you mean?

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

First off

Nym

Is that you

Oú-est ta photo d'eevee ?

I didnt even recognize you at first... unless you're some impostor 👀

Hey Arcanite.

Yes it's me. Eevee is still there, I just found this picture of the two Byleths and Eevee and I decide to use it for the moment.

Also it represents my unfortunate less interest in pokémon because of GF and how Fire Emblem has taken its place at my favorite game franchise.

Second, yes you really do need to invest into it. Which is why IS gave us those AR skills and why people may feel compelled to summon for certain characters. Like me thinking I could get a Sothis or Altina from last banner but instead I left it with 9.5%

Yea I regreat not summoning for Altina and Sothis, I feel like a dummy. Especially since now I got my hands on a second CC (Dancing Xander) and I'll fodder him for a dagger vantage. Morgan as the only CC vantage isn't helping.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And by it being cheesy, you mean?

The mindset has really changed for one year ago. People have figured out ways to win without breaking a sweat.

For example, one streamer/youtuber I follow on youtube constantly reach Tier 27. And right now, his matches last literally two minutes, his +10 Fjorm blessed with two Eirs and one Peony sweeps any defense teams.

Edited by Nym

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

ALL I WANT HELP WITH 

is building an astra team.

I think Gifts of Winter Cecilia is pretty good as super tank on Astra if you have two Nagas.

Mostly because my light team is already pretty alright... I have Eir +5 and Peony with Soleil Nino and Olivia which is 145 lift. 

I personally recommend having 2 Eirs for super tanks since she boosts Res, and you need as much visible Res as possible, so I do not recommend merging all your copies. Atk, Spd, and Def can just be buffed with combat buffs and you do not those stats to be visibly high.

However, you might need Def to be visibly high if people decide to turn Igrene into the next Ophelia though.

I also have an Altina. I was thinking goad emblem to make things simple and avoid all the panic and other general stupidity 

For super tanks, I personally recommend combat buffs over bonus buffs. With a shit ton of Panic around, being able to completely ignore Panic gives a huge piece of mind.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I kind of know. Super tanking team, player phasing team, Galeforce team...I think those kinds? But they all take a lot of investment.

They do NOT take a lot of investment to build.

A super tank team using Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, and 2 Eirs is probably the cheapest or second cheapest team, comparable to a Player Phase team and is a shit ton cheaper than an Arena team. The only 5* units you need are a Distant Counter and a second Eir. An Arena team takes a shit ton of Feathers and definitely more than two 5* units if you need to max out on scoring with Rally skills and A skills.

Player Phase teams are still freaking dirt cheap. Compared to a super tank team, you do not even need to summon for 5* units, but you do need lots of Feathers for merges for stats. Tharja/Nino, Reinhardt, Klein, Peony, and another Dancer/Singer and you are good to go. And since we have Peony now, maintaining a tier should be even easier than before since we are not lugging around Eir anymore.

Edited by XRay

18 minutes ago, Nym said:

The mindset has really changed for one year ago. People have figured out ways to win without breaking a sweat.

For example, one streamer/youtuber I follow on youtube constantly reach Tier 27. And right now, his matches last literally two minutes, his +10 Fjorm blessed with two Eirs and one Peony sweeps any defense teams.

Yeah, and I don't have the income or resources to go pulling several more Fjorms...

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

They do NOT take a lot of investment to build.

A super tank team using Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, and 2 Eirs is probably the cheapest or second cheapest team, comparable to a Player Phase team and is a shit ton cheaper than an Arena team. The only 5* units you need are a Distant Counter and a second Eir. An Arena team takes a shit ton of Feathers and definitely more than two 5* units if you need to max out on scoring with Rally skills and A skills.

Player Phase teams are still freaking dirt cheap. Compared to a super tank team, you do not even need to summon for 5* units, but you do need lots of Feathers for merges for stats. Tharja/Nino, Reinhardt, Klein, Peony, and another Dancer/Singer and you are good to go. And since we have Peony now, maintaining a tier should be even easier than before since we are not lugging around Eir anymore.

I have Brave Ike at +10 as my super tank, but he hasn't been enough without the proper support. And besides that, things like DC and pulling multiple copies of 5 star units are still rather expensive to me.

I can only hope adding male Corrin as soon as I upgrade him and stuff can help. I did have enough refining stones to refine more weapons and get enough dew again out of that to give Corrin his refined Yato.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You are not entirely correct. There are Super tanking and Galeforce yes.

There's also Vantage strat and Hit and Run. Hit and Run is by far the easiest and the less investment needed. Especially now with Peony.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have Brave Ike at +10 as my super tank, but he hasn't been enough without the proper support. And besides that, things like DC and pulling multiple copies of 5 star units are still rather expensive to me.

Brave Ike can be your super tank. Give me Corrin or Kaden.

Hell you can use him in both seasons if you don't mind wasting blessings.

You are using a 5* exclusive unit over a free unit, so of course that is going to be more expensive. Sharena literally gets to be +10 for absolutely completely free during her bonus season.

Pulling Distant Counter and a second Eir is literally all you need in terms of 5* exclusive units. People spend way more than that on their Arena team.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Hit and Run is by far the easiest and the less investment needed. Especially now with Peony.

That is Player Phase in a nutshell, unless you mean the B skill Hit and Run.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

However, you might need Def to be visibly high if people decide to turn Igrene into the next Ophelia though.

I've been thinking about putting Igrene on my defense team. I have her ally supported with Velouria and equipped with Quickened Pulse seal she has Growing Wind ready at the start of the match. I've been using it to great effect during Grand Conquests. I just park her in front of the enemy spawn, so at the beginning of each round she is able to kill one of the units, and hit every other unit for between 35-45 damage. It's sick. The only issue is getting merges and unfortunately mine doesn't have good IVs (+Def -HP), but since I don't have Ophelia I may just stick Igrene in and see how she does on AR-D.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I can agree on those first two sentences. AR is awful because it takes way too much investment imo. I'm not saying I want things to be super easy and my hand held or anything, I'm willing to put some effort in. But this game has a bunch of other modes too, and I have a life on top of that.

I was able to reach T21 with Eir as my only Mythic a few months ago. It's not easy, but definitely doable. The other units, while all Premium pulls, were not heavily invested on.

Once you reach T21 the mode becomes incredibly casual. You just worry about not dropping.

AR has probably become my favorite mode in the game because the degree of satisfaction when you reach a high rank is the best there is. I don't think any other mode, outside of maybe Arena, does that.

3 hours ago, Nym said:

You are not entirely correct. There are Super tanking and Galeforce yes.

There's also Vantage strat and Hit and Run. Hit and Run is by far the easiest and the less investment needed. Especially now with Peony.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Vantage-Counter. I heard of that one before. Hit and Run though, that one's news to me. I'll have to look into it, especially since I really like Peony.

3 hours ago, Nym said:

Brave Ike can be your super tank. Give me Corrin or Kaden.

Hell you can use him in both seasons if you don't mind wasting blessings.

I don't really know how to build male Corrin beyond his refine though... as for Kaden, I forgot about him, he was suggested to me some time back and I do have him.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

You are using a 5* exclusive unit over a free unit, so of course that is going to be more expensive. Sharena literally gets to be +10 for absolutely completely free during her bonus season.

Pulling Distant Counter and a second Eir is literally all you need in terms of 5* exclusive units. People spend way more than that on their Arena team.

Why a second Eir over having both Eir and Peony? Peony is a great FTP unit.

Though I also have to say I don't know how to deal with defense teams that use her because of how good a support unit she is. 😕

1 hour ago, Jave said:

I was able to reach T21 with Eir as my only Mythic a few months ago. It's not easy, but definitely doable. The other units, while all Premium pulls, were not heavily invested on.

Once you reach T21 the mode becomes incredibly casual. You just worry about not dropping.

AR has probably become my favorite mode in the game because the degree of satisfaction when you reach a high rank is the best there is. I don't think any other mode, outside of maybe Arena, does that.

Yeah, that does seem to be the case. It's just getting there that's so much of a pain in the ass that I really haven't cared to. I just care to win enough not to drop. If I happen to make tier 21 anyway, great. But yeah.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't really know how to build male Corrin beyond his refine though... as for Kaden, I forgot about him, he was suggested to me some time back and I do have him.

Give him fortress def/res 3 to soak chills and to survive ranged attacks to make collecting aether pots easy. His C skill can be close guard and his seal can be distant guard which would allow him to give a total of +5/5/9/9 atk/spd/def/res if standing one space away from Brave Ike. If you don't have fortress def/res 3, give him distant def 3 instead as a substitute option or fury if it allows you to soak chills. 

His B skill can be chill atk or if you don't want to trigger restore traps, renewal for more longevity. Or you can give him a link skill, probably spd/res link and shove. 

Just now, Anacybele said:

Hit and Run though, that one's news to me. I'll have to look into it, especially since I really like Peony.

It is Player Phase. Akariss, a YouTuber who makes Aether Raids videos, uses the term hit and run since you hit someone and then Dance/Sing-Reposition out of the way. I prefer to just call it Player Phase since you fight during Player Phase.

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't really know how to build male Corrin beyond his refine though

Just give him Yato with his special Refine and put two Drives on him. His other skills literally do not matter until you are going to give him +10+10. Since my super tank is Sharena, I use my M!Corrins to counter Surtr with the following build:
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axe Breaker
Drive Spd — Drive Def — Drive Res
Drive Atk — Drive Spd — Drive Def — Drive Res

For BH!Ike, assuming he does not have trouble with bulky greens, I would replace the B slot on M!Corrin with Chills. As @Icelerate said, Chill Atk is probably the best on him, and I think it is the cheapest too if Eyvel demotes. I personally do not recommend any types of bonus buffs since it is a huge hassle to deal with Panic in my opinion, but since Links require manual input and is not automatic like C slot buffs, you can give it try and keep it if you do not see Panic a lot. I recommend a Link skill that boosts his Res.

If you ever want to take M!Corrin to +10+10, then get one that is +Spd and one that is +Res. Give the +Spd one Life and Death, and give the +Res one Fort. Def/Res.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just give him Yato with his special Refine and put two Drives on him. His other skills literally do not matter until you are going to give him +10+10. Since my super tank is Sharena, I use my M!Corrins to counter Surtr with the following build:

What is your Sharena build? Mine is DC, null C disrupt and def smoke 3. I use darting stance 3 SS. 

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What is your Sharena build? Mine is DC, null C disrupt and def smoke 3. I use darting stance 3 SS. 

Fensalir [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Guard
Atk Smoke
Distant Def

M!Corrins have quad Drives, so 12/12/12/12 combat buffs to all stats.

I recently gave her Flowers so she is more usable when she is not a bonus unit, but she still is not as usable without her bonus stats.

Edited by XRay

A S-supported Brave Ike +10 with just the first flower level will have 43 + 3 (Urvan) + 4 (merges) + 1 (flower) + 5 (support) + 10 (two Mythics) = 66 HP, which dodges max level Panic Tower and is likely to give Aversa serious issues debuffing him.

One possible consideration for M!Corrin, since B!Lucina's refine isn't in play here is to give him Infantry Rush (from Brady). Things might get a little inconsistent with minmaxed enemies with really huge Atk values, but +Atk B!Ike +10 with an S support, no flower boosts to Atk, S-supported M!Corrin standing 2 tiles away (with no further Atk Drives) and Atk Tactic in play can hit 72 Atk in combat. That should help both his sustain and overall damage by fast-tracking Aether.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Give him fortress def/res 3 to soak chills and to survive ranged attacks to make collecting aether pots easy. His C skill can be close guard and his seal can be distant guard which would allow him to give a total of +5/5/9/9 atk/spd/def/res if standing one space away from Brave Ike. If you don't have fortress def/res 3, give him distant def 3 instead as a substitute option or fury if it allows you to soak chills. 

His B skill can be chill atk or if you don't want to trigger restore traps, renewal for more longevity. Or you can give him a link skill, probably spd/res link and shove. 

I've never had Fortress Def/Res 3, yeah. But I see. I'll see what I do have out of the skills you've mentioned here.

53 minutes ago, XRay said:
It is Player Phase. Akariss, a YouTuber who makes Aether Raids videos, uses the term hit and run since you hit someone and then Dance/Sing-Reposition out of the way. I prefer to just call it Player Phase since you fight during Player Phase.

Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axe Breaker
Drive Spd — Drive Def — Drive Res
Drive Atk — Drive Spd — Drive Def — Drive Res

For BH!Ike, assuming he does not have trouble with bulky greens, I would replace the B slot on M!Corrin with Chills. As @Icelerate said, Chill Atk is probably the best on him, and I think it is the cheapest too if Eyvel demotes. I personally do not recommend any types of bonus buffs since it is a huge hassle to deal with Panic in my opinion, but since Links require manual input and is not automatic like C slot buffs, you can give it try and keep it if you do not see Panic a lot. I recommend a Link skill that boosts his Res.

If you ever want to take M!Corrin to +10+10, then get one that is +Spd and one that is +Res. Give the +Spd one Life and Death, and give the +Res one Fort. Def/Res.

I see, thanks for the tips. My Brave Ike doesn't have much trouble with greens unless they're named Surtr. >_> I've been thinking of adding Bunny Palla back to the team for that reason because she can take care of any Surtrs easily. I pulled for her because she's my favorite Whitewing and I knew she'd be helpful in AR against Surtrs and killing traps and she was.

I've never had Fortress Def/Res 3, yeah. But I see. I'll see what I do have out of the skills you've mentioned here.

Don't quote me on this, but I read a reply on another forum that said Idunn will be on a banner around Jan. 4th, so you can pick up Fortress Def/Res 3 then. I hope it's true because I'd like to add some merges to mine.

17 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Don't quote me on this, but I read a reply on another forum that said Idunn will be on a banner around Jan. 4th, so you can pick up Fortress Def/Res 3 then. I hope it's true because I'd like to add some merges to mine.

I'll consider it, but there might be New Year units at that time that I'll want. Or someone on the next New Heroes banner which drops a couple days after the banner you're mentioning.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'll consider it, but there might be New Year units at that time that I'll want. Or someone on the next New Heroes banner which drops a couple days after the banner you're mentioning.

LOL, yeah. There's always new units that we want 😁 It never ends. I probably won't summon much on the Christmas banner until I see what else is coming soon. Since you use B!Ike, make sure you throw orbs at B!Lucina whenever she comes back. You just missed her by a week or two unfortunately 

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Vantage-Counter. I heard of that one before. Hit and Run though, that one's news to me. I'll have to look into it, especially since I really like Peony.

Hit and Run is just to use a unit (preferaly a ranged cavalier unit for better movement)  to kill a vulnerable unit, then use a dancer to run away. It's way better now since you can have two dancers with the introduction of dancer mythics.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Player Phase is so vague in my opinion. Hit and Run tells you exactly what you need to do just by the name.

Drive for C and Seal. B depends what you want. If you can't be affected by Panic, a Link skill doesn't hurt to have on him with Shove. And Fury for a budget skill.

Why a second Eir over having both Eir and Peony? Peony is a great FTP unit.

It had to do with the different boost that Eir offer over Peony, not the unit itself. You don't see it much now because of the limited type  of mythics currently the game, but once Heroes start to introduce more Mythics, you will see different Mythics depending on the type of team you want to use.

If I can give an example: Eir offert 5 HP and 5 RES. Two Eirs offer 10 HP and 10 RES. This type of boost is more valuable for someone that wants to use a supertank, then Vantage strat. Since Vantage whole purpose is to kill the unit attacking, ATK is more valuable than RES in this situation. Unfortunately, there is no Light Mythic that offers ATK boost right now.

Peony offers +5 SPD with +5 HP, I have a feeling she will be more useful for Galeforce teams down the line. But her being a dancer will make her more useful than simply her giving a boost.

Edited by Nym

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Player Phase is so vague in my opinion. Hit and Run tells you exactly what you need to do just by the name.

Player Phase is all about Dance/Sing-Reposition though. I do not think there is a Player Phase team out there that does not use it to get out of enemy range.

10 minutes ago, Nym said:

If I can give an example: Eir offert 5 HP and 5 RES. Two Eirs offer 10 HP and 5 RES. This type of boost is more valuable for someone that wants to use a supertank, then Vantage strat.

2 Eirs offer 10 HP and 10 Res.

11 minutes ago, Nym said:

Peony offers +5 SPD with +HP, I have a feeling she will be more useful for Galeforce teams. But her being a dancer will make her more useful than simply her giving boost.

Peony offers 4 Spd. Mythic stat boosts parallel Legendary and Refinement stat boosts where Def/Res boosts gives the most points, Spd gives 1 point less, and Atk gives 1 further point less.

17 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

LOL, yeah. There's always new units that we want 😁 It never ends. I probably won't summon much on the Christmas banner until I see what else is coming soon. Since you use B!Ike, make sure you throw orbs at B!Lucina whenever she comes back. You just missed her by a week or two unfortunately 

Yep. And in particular, if Sylvain is on one of those banners, I'm gonna be pulling like crazy for him. I'll want a few merges too.

And yeah, I'm aware I missed Brave Lucina. I tried to free pull her, but didn't get a blue in that session at all.

17 minutes ago, Nym said:

It had to do with the different boost that Eir offer over Peony, not the unit itself. You don't see it much now because of the limited type  of mythics currently the game, but once Heroes start to introduce more Mythics, you will see different Mythics depending on the type of team you want to use.

If I can give an example: Eir offert 5 HP and 5 RES. Two Eirs offer 10 HP and 10 RES. This type of boost is more valuable for someone that wants to use a supertank, then Vantage strat. Since Vantage whole purpose is to kill the unit attacking, ATK is more valuable than RES in this situation. Unfortunately, there is no Light Mythic that offers ATK boost right now.

Peony offers +5 SPD with +5 HP, I have a feeling she will be more useful for Galeforce teams down the line. But her being a dancer will make her more useful than simply her giving a boost.

Yeah, but Peony offers refreshing and other stuff which is so good. She helps mobility like crazy.

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but Peony offers refreshing and other stuff which is so good. She helps mobility like crazy.

Super tanks generally do not need that much mobility in my opinion. You wait at the edge of enemy range and let enemies suicide against your super tank. There is no reason to move forward and expose your back row to attacks unless there is a better choke point closer to the enemy team.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Super tanks generally do not need that much mobility in my opinion. You wait at the edge of enemy range and let enemies suicide against your super tank. There is no reason to move forward and expose your back row to attacks unless there is a better choke point closer to the enemy team.

Okay, but on other offensive teams, Peony could be a huge help and I want to build a team with her.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but on other offensive teams, Peony could be a huge help and I want to build a team with her.

Peony's great, and she doesn't need a whole lot of investment to make useful. Her base kit is enough, or with some small changes like if you want WoM or something. There's no bad team comp for her, really, even if you're not using her +4 Spd effect (or rather +10 if her buffs are active too).

I also don't entirely agree with @XRay's notion that supertanks should primarily bait out the enemy, and there are many maps where sending your supertank in to pick off or weaken a particular unit is best (which is why units like Hrid and Robin are among my favorites). With Peony, you can keep buffing despite the distance (assuming you can line your units up), and things like the enemy's Tactic's Room or Heavy Traps can be less of an issue (which Eir and many other low-HP support units can get a lot from).