Jump to content
redlight

Aether Raids General Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Peony's great, and she doesn't need a whole lot of investment to make useful. Her base kit is enough, or with some small changes like if you want WoM or something. There's no bad team comp for her, really, even if you're not using her +4 Spd effect (or rather +10 if her buffs are active too).

Yes, I know all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ending on Tier 26, which is great! I will probably get another Golden Throne!

Fjorm did a great job this season! Too bad next season is not water again. I may keep using her, but I still need to think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tier 27. My def went really bad this week, but had a perfect offense with B!Ike and B!Lucina. They make this mode easy. Still had my ladders at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And by it being cheesy, you mean?

Everything you hate about this game mode

19 hours ago, Nym said:

Also it represents my unfortunate less interest in pokémon because of GF and how Fire Emblem has taken its place at my favorite game franchise.

Unsure if this is good or bad tbh

 

19 hours ago, Nym said:

one streamer/youtuber I follow on youtube constantly reach Tier 27. And right now, his matches last literally two minutes, his +10 Fjorm blessed with two Eirs and one Peony sweeps any defense teams.

This sounds hilarious 

What set would Fjorm run 🤔

18 hours ago, XRay said:

I think Gifts of Winter Cecilia is pretty good as super tank on Astra if you have two Nagas.

I personally recommend having 2 Eirs for super tanks since she boosts Res, and you need as much visible Res as possible, so I do not recommend merging all your copies. Atk, Spd, and Def can just be buffed with combat buffs and you do not those stats to be visibly high.

Tanking mages isnt a problem for me, so I dont REALLY care about having 2 Eirs... and since I run Nino on Light having super high speed is gr8

But since galeforce is apparently a legit strat now I guess I should mention my Soleil already has Spd refined Edge+ with Galeforce and Fury/LnD. I do have flashing blade seal at max too... I guess my team may seem a bit unconventional to the current cheese that people get by with in this game but eh. I dont see any issues that can't be attributed to player skill so far not saying I suck, just saying I'm rusty

I dont need help or suggestions for my light team I NEED HELP WITH ASTRA.

I dont have two Nagas, I only have Altina. 

and I'm not really interested in investing into Cecilia if I don't have to. Mostly because I wasnt playing when her TT came around which means I'll have to spend grails to get one copy of her, and I'm trying to +10 Delthea.

18 hours ago, XRay said:

For super tanks, I personally recommend combat buffs over bonus buffs. With a shit ton of Panic around, being able to completely ignore Panic gives a huge piece of mind.

Ya dont say 

Cause I could've sworn I just said the same thing

Stop telling me things I already know 😤

Latina is already good for defeating Thrasir. What are good units to run WITH her

If I do goad emblem or even goad/ward emblem is that ACCEPTABLE? If so with who? If it isnt acceptable then what else can I do to make sure I dont get erased in Astra season?

I understand that Cecilia is a good super dank because she's colorless and has great defenses. I have a good bit of units so if you give me suggestions I probably have a unit I can use instead

I also have 2 DC food sitting here... I just want to spend it on something I know I can use everywhere (and relatively easy to merge)

Edited by Arcanite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Johann said:

I also don't entirely agree with @XRay's notion that supertanks should primarily bait out the enemy, and there are many maps where sending your supertank in to pick off or weaken a particular unit is best (which is why units like Hrid and Robin are among my favorites). With Peony, you can keep buffing despite the distance (assuming you can line your units up), and things like the enemy's Tactic's Room or Heavy Traps can be less of an issue (which Eir and many other low-HP support units can get a lot from).

I second this. People are starting to wise up and build defenses that punish edge baiting or make edge baiting a lot harder. With almost all of those, it's way better to launch the super tank in and slam them into the nearest unit, spreading, at minimum, Atk Smoke. If the super tank has Pulse Smoke, this can completely shut down IP formations. This does make it very difficult to run proximity support units with them, though.

That said, I'd still rather run two Eirs for my super tanks than Eir and Peony. That 5 Res can make a pretty big difference against these optimized defenses. Which isn't to say Peony wouldn't help against certain cases: that +4 Spd might allow her to deny L!Alm his double through Chill Spd.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

What set would Fjorm run 🤔

Tanking mages isnt a problem for me, so I dont REALLY care about having 2 Eirs... and since I run Nino on Light having super high speed is gr8

But since galeforce is apparently a legit strat now I guess I should mention my Soleil already has Spd refined Edge+ with Galeforce and Fury/LnD. I do have flashing blade seal at max too... I guess my team may seem a bit unconventional to the current cheese that people get by with in this game but eh. I dont see any issues that can't be attributed to player skill so far not saying I suck, just saying I'm rusty

I dont need help or suggestions for my light team I NEED HELP WITH ASTRA.

I dont have two Nagas, I only have Altina. 

and I'm not really interested in investing into Cecilia if I don't have to. Mostly because I wasnt playing when her TT came around which means I'll have to spend grails to get one copy of her, and I'm trying to +10 Delthea.

Ya dont say 

Cause I could've sworn I just said the same thing

Stop telling me things I already know 😤

Latina is already good for defeating Thrasir. What are good units to run WITH her

If I do goad emblem or even goad/ward emblem is that ACCEPTABLE? If so with who? If it isnt acceptable then what else can I do to make sure I dont get erased in Astra season?

I understand that Cecilia is a good super dank because she's colorless and has great defenses. I have a good bit of units so if you give me suggestions I probably have a unit I can use instead

I also have 2 DC food sitting here... I just want to spend it on something I know I can use everywhere (and relatively easy to merge)

My Fjorm runs Reposition, Aether, Bonus Doubler, Null Follow-Up, Pulse Smoke and the Atk Smoke Seal. She can't take everything, but she plows through 95% of defenses she comes up against.

Prior to my heavy investment, I was running Reposition, Ice Mirror, Steady Stance 3, Shield Pulse, Atk Smoke 3 and the QR3 Seal. This keeps her about as durable to ranged and dragons as the Bonus Doubler setup, but she has a rougher time taking on standard melee.

Vantage Altina would want more or less the standard Vantage supports: a Smite bot with a Link and C/Seal combination that covers Atk, Def and Res (probably Atk/Res Link and Def Tactic C or Seal). F!Takumi provides 10 extra damage and Panic in an AoE. The Bolt Tower is also worth consideration for upgrading. Maybe a refresher of some sort to help her possibly get in more easily (those rare times where she can get a kill without endangering the refresher). L!Azura is obvious preferred, but just about anyone else is usable. I'm not sure a Ward block would work that well for Altina. Since she's a Mythic, she's not going to pick up the big bulk boosts that a normal super tank would.  Goad could possibly work, but it won't give you a lot of flexibility when a Vantage unit often wants to be right up in the enemy formation's face (usually to initiate on a key enemy and spread Def Smoke before the Vantage shenanigans begin).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made T25 for the first time in either a while or ever in Light Season~ Peony is gr8~ Only -80 total this week on Defense~

In other news, I made T21 on my F2P account! It really takes like no effort these days to make T21, the only hard part is getting the Fortress up~ After that, with free Eir and Peony, pretty much everyone is probably going to be getting T21 now considering the bare minimum of effort I have put into my F2P units just for the sake of getting to T21~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty, felt like throwing in my two cents in here after getting tier 21 today.

Screw this mode.

Playing this game since the beginning, I have quit it twice, the first time when I spent cash years ago trying to get base Ike and not even getting a single 5 star out of like 150 orbs I think, ( Dont quote me on that i honestly dont remember if I did get a five star at the time and because of that I dont spend money on the game anymore unless I have a very sudden urge to do so), and the second time was when aether raids came out and I got to tier 11, then once B!Veronica I was done. A unit that gets to attack for free, causes a 24 stat difference in a area around her, AND is cavalry was just a pain in the ass I didnt want to deal with, so that was quit number 2. (Not to mention the fact that the skill needed in order to counter attack staff units at all came MONTH'S later, is on a rare and very good unit, is the ONLY unit to have it at the time of writing, and for some dam reason it only works on infantry).But after that I came back and discovered what I actually like about this game, and is why this MIGHT be the what keeps me around till the game years in the future dies, is that I just like building my favorite characters and just stack with buffs to hell and back as the enemies basically do nothing. So I like to think the best way to play FEH for me at least is as a hardcore casual player, building what I like to the extreme and not much more. And with that, I set out to make a +10 Beruka and watch the world BURN.

 

So I set off to give her all the help she needed, DC, Summoner Support, Mystic Boost (Yes I sacrificed the only Eir I had/have didnt really care), Threat. Atk/Spd 3 and/or Atk Smoke, Iote shield, Bonfire, getting her to +9 in the process with +def, just need one more for a max Beurka. With support from a +10 Corrin +res with DC and Null C-Disrupt, (To deal with Brave Veronica and Brave lyn), and in combat buffs, Brave Lucina for more buffs, and with Peony finally giveing me light bouns and even more buffs, I was able to break through to tier 21.

 

And with that for the most part, I wont really give much of a shit about this game mode any more. The issue I have with FEH is simply, you see the same dam units over and over and over again till the end of dawn. Dragons, armounded dragons, Veronica, Ophelia, Lyn, any Reinhardt (Mostly the orignal tho), and the worst unit in this game by a long shot that screws this game over, L!Azura. The character herself is alright, (personality and what not), but as a unit she just makes the game boring and frustrating. Lets give a dancer the ability to give +1 move, and the possibility to give +7 to ALL stats. Thats just dull and not fun in any regard for both players. Yes, their is plenty of ways to counter it, my problem with it is just that its way, to easy of a unit to use, that works every team in some way that is just flat out better then any other dancer (for the most part). I also have issues with the builds and traps and what not, but its mainly the units that make the game mode dull.

 

However I will give credit in that sometimes the gamemode its self can be very fun, when it works it really works, and the joy of beating a tough map is great, but I myself will only enjoy a map like that every 1/5 maps or so, mabye even less at times.

But thats my take, with that my next goal with be trying to get into tier 21 into arena, which arena was part of the reason why I quit the first time, and to be honest I still dont like it, as it has the same unit issues that AR does, but I got more use to it over time.

 

With that out of the way with my two cents down the drain, enjoy your life, and eat some pancakes in the void we call life.

Edited by Deatheggx56
Spelling/grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also made it to T25! Thanks Peony.

I have to admit however I might need a better defense team, and a super tank or a better CC vantage for offense.

I was thinking of making a tanky defense team. Kinda like those only armors teams that stacks Ward armor. I want to make something like that but with only infantry units and Beruka or Gerome.

 

Edited by Nym

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Johann said:

I also don't entirely agree with @XRay's notion that supertanks should primarily bait out the enemy, and there are many maps where sending your supertank in to pick off or weaken a particular unit is best (which is why units like Hrid and Robin are among my favorites). With Peony, you can keep buffing despite the distance (assuming you can line your units up), and things like the enemy's Tactic's Room or Heavy Traps can be less of an issue (which Eir and many other low-HP support units can get a lot from).

3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I second this. People are starting to wise up and build defenses that punish edge baiting or make edge baiting a lot harder. With almost all of those, it's way better to launch the super tank in and slam them into the nearest unit, spreading, at minimum, Atk Smoke. If the super tank has Pulse Smoke, this can completely shut down IP formations. This does make it very difficult to run proximity support units with them, though.

Often times those enemies are protected by Traps near them. Even if I kill one, the super tank still has to tank 5 other units. Atk -7 is nice, but that is still 3 or 4 nukes to tank with 1 or 2 Dancers/Singers who can also nuke.

Running Drives is basically impossible. If they run Panic, which they often do and are well protected, you cannot use Bonus buffs either.

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

If I do goad emblem or even goad/ward emblem is that ACCEPTABLE? If so with who? If it isnt acceptable then what else can I do to make sure I dont get erased in Astra season?

If you want to make Altina into a Counter-Vantage version of super tank, you can run multiple copies of Fallen Heroes Takumi since he deals damage. Ideally, I recommend using A Monstrous Hector instead since he deals more damage and you can control when he deals damage. The problem with that setup is that most teams has a solution for that by simply running two Hardy Bearing units with a Firesweeper, usually a Panic staff user.

I tried that set up for several Astra weeks and it does not work too well; I used Kronya supported with 2 AMH!Hectors, and I use those two to deal 20 or 40 damage before moving Kronya in. It worked during the first week that I have tried it, but it utterly fails from the second week onward. After the first week, I can maybe get a perfect win once at most per week. The second and third weeks were the worst since almost every team I faced were Infantry Pulse teams that I will describe below. I specifically use Kronya as my Counter-Vantage super tank because despite her crap attack, I can offload her Atk to the 2 AMH!Hectors and that allows her to run Null C-Disrupt on her B slot to counter Firesweep, so she can theoretically shutdown teams running 2 Hardy Bearings and 1 Firesweep by killing a Hardy Bearing first, tank the other Hardy Bearing unit, and Vantage the Firesweep unit as normal. That plan does not work when the enemy has a Healing Tower (D) to negate AMH!Hectors' damage, so that means Kronya cannot Vantage anymore and her shit Atk becomes a factor. I also do not have Null C-Disrupt on her since I am sort of broke, but I only remember Null C-Disrupt only would have helped me once against that one defense team that only has 1 Hardy Bearing unit.

Since Altina got decent Atk, she does not care about destroying Healing Towers (D), but she cannot counter Firesweep and I am not sure she can handle 2 Hardy Bearing units on top of that.

A better way to use Counter-Vantage Altina in my opinion is to run Galeforce and have her be supported by 2 Velourias. The 2 Velourias themselves can run Galeforce-Wings of Mercy, and they can get involved in the battle depending on how the Altina handled the situation. With 3 Galeforcers, hopefully you have enough leeway that you can deal with deal stepping on traps surrounding the enemy team. The remaining two slots are open to Dancers/Singers, another Altina, another Galeforcer, FH!Takumi, AMH!Hector, etc.

2 hours ago, Deatheggx56 said:

And with that for the most part, I wont really give much of a shit about this game mode any more. The issue I have with FEH is simply, you see the same dam units over and over and over again till the end of dawn. Dragons, armounded dragons, Veronica, Ophelia, Lyn, any Reinhardt (Mostly the orignal tho), and the worst unit in this game by a long shot that screws this game over, L!Azura. The character herself is alright, (personality and what not), but as a unit she just makes the game boring and frustrating. Lets give a dancer the ability to give +1 move, and the possibility to give +7 to ALL stats. Thats just dull and not fun in any regard for both players. Yes, their is plenty of ways to counter it, my problem with it is just that its way, to easy of a unit to use, that works every team in some way that is just flat out better then any other dancer (for the most part). I also have issues with the builds and traps and what not, but its mainly the units that make the game mode dull.

Personally, I rather have Aether Raids than any mode in the Coliseum. Being successful competitively in Aether Raids require skill. Being successful in the Coliseum requires you to fulfill stupid scoring requirements. I much rather face tough maps in Aether Raids and improve as a player rather than doing the Coliseum where I have to employ shit skills and crap tactics just for score.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Often times those enemies are protected by Traps near them. Even if I kill one, the super tank still has to tank 5 other units. Atk -7 is nice, but that is still 3 or 4 nukes to tank with 1 or 2 Dancers/Singers who can also nuke.

Running Drives is basically impossible. If they run Panic, which they often do and are well protected, you cannot use Bonus buffs either.

A better way to use Counter-Vantage Altina in my opinion is to run Galeforce and have her be supported by 2 Velourias. The 2 Velourias themselves can run Galeforce-Wings of Mercy, and they can get involved in the battle depending on how the Altina handled the situation. With 3 Galeforcers, hopefully you have enough leeway that you can deal with deal stepping on traps surrounding the enemy team. The remaining two slots are open to Dancers/Singers, another Altina, another Galeforcer, etc.

They can't protect every angle. Most designs only protect the ranged units, too, and it's just as viable to ram the super tank into one of the enemy melee, so long as it spreads the smokes. Panic isn't that hard to work around because the vast majority of teams are leaning on either Aversa or an upgraded Panic Tower for that. If the super tank is in the middle of the enemy team, even an Aversa with freakishly high HP isn't going to trigger the Panic. The tower can be destroyed (easiest during Light, since Eir is ranged and can engage in Repo shenanigans to stay out of enemy range) or avoided. If Panic is absolutely unavoidable, then there's other teams that can be deployed, but that's pretty rare.

And my Fjorm uses bonus buffs just fine. She's run a full suite of +6 to all stats alongside her Bonus Doubler, as usual. And as usual, she's carried my team this season, with only one instance where I deployed Vantage Ares as my primary sweeper (Fjorm was still present as a bonus and soaked all the shrines for him). I'm finishing T27 with a single death that I couldn't be bothered to Ladder for (no Ladders used at all), as I was in a bit of a hurry that day. The death wasn't Fjorm, but a really convoluted Rally Trap that launched L!Alm all the way across the map to attack Eir (when initial placement made it look like he would have just rallied the Hrid right beside him). Bonus Doubler, Pulse Smoke and Atk Smoke together with L!Azura initiation support is just that insanely strong.

Altina + 2 Velourias with Galeforce is less counter-Vantage and more just straight Galeforce at that point. There's nothing wrong with that strategy, though it's also much more investment than using Altina's default (or near to it) build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Personally, I rather have Aether Raids than any mode in the Coliseum. Being successful competitively in Aether Raids require skill. Being successful in the Coliseum requires you to fulfill stupid scoring requirements. I much rather face tough maps in Aether Raids and improve as a player rather than doing the Coliseum where I have to employ shit skills and crap tactics just for score.

Oh no I agree with you on that, I actually prefer AR over the Coliseum flat out, as you can acutally build a unit the way you want to (for the most part). Those maps that feel like its actually fun to play and are hard as hell but you clear them with no units lost is one of the best feelings in this game, and is the main reason I cared to get so high in AR in the first place (besides for the rewards).

My main issue with PVP modes in FEH is just seeing and dealing with the same units forever, which their is no real way to insensitive players NOT to use the busted units, and why should they? Use what works extremely well is always going to be better then use what you want to use as lets use say the new Sothis, she is 100% better in terms of fighting then almost any green unit in the game flat out, sure movement is an issue, but for combat abilty shes great but then comes the other issue of, well, availability and if players already have a similar unit. Fact is lots of people already have really good meta defining units, or units that have been around forever so they have been built to hell and back, so why invest into new one when old ones can do the same job? Which ends up creating the stagnation of seeing units over and over again, which once again, is not a bad thing, if the new units were flat out better then the old units even without merges, and killed all of the old, heavily built units with extreme easy, then the game would be very dead by now.

Point is PvP has always been my least faviorte part of the game, as repeated units appering all the time gets stale for me, but thats just how it is. Better to have a stale meta game that have checks and couters then one that every time a new unit comes out you have to throw out your old units. Once again, just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Panic isn't that hard to work around because the vast majority of teams are leaning on either Aversa or an upgraded Panic Tower for that.

Those Panics are easy to deal with. The Panics I face are usually staff units who double as Firesweep.

Aversa does not do anything against a player that positions well and she does not work against super tanks that do not depend on adjacent bonus buffs. Panic Manor can be avoided or sniped relatively easily. Panic staves are generally hard to snipe and they are very difficult to avoid, and those are the ones I have to deal with a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it to Tier 27 for the (I think?) first time this week! Had a really good week on both offense and defense, only losing 40 points on defense and clearing most offence matches without losses. Peony is a fantastic asset to the Galeforce team and the others as well, and Brunnya almost singlehandedly swept teams that focused too much on magical damage. A team with L!Azura, Peony, Eir, Brunnya and Brave Camilla worked out really well this week, particularly because of the extra Dancing Peony provided. Fjorm also did her share of tanking this week, sometimes helped by the recently aquired extra Bride Fjorm that lets me use her in both seasons.

Spoiler

CsNExhhl.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my first perfect (excluding merges) offense score! Legendary Leif is really good. Unfortunately, even with 320 points per match, losing 55 per defense loss still just put me at 13,285, a ways short of Tier 27. Looks like even a second Dark hero wouldn't be enough to hit Tier 27 without any defense kills or merges - although I have a +2 Naga so it should be theoretically doable in Astra season if I ever get a second Anima hero. That'd be harder without Peony, though.

In any case, still enough for top 3k for now, so that's an 11th gold throne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats everyone this week on your T25s, T27s and Thrones~

5 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I just pulled a Christmas Sothis. Does she have any use in AR? Offense or defense? If so, what blessing should I give her?

Ye, here's mine~

eTr5nYE.png

Mind you she will have BD Support from L!Eliwood and be paired with two Nagas~ So she will look more like this~

q8hhNbF.png

She's also purely for taking on teams with Thrasir, I don't see myself using her regularly, just if my M!Kana can't handle something~ It depends on who you have supporting her, I don't recommend using Armors without being sure they can tank and kill everyone they need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Unsure if this is good or bad tbh

Good for FE, bad for Pokémon.

14 hours ago, Arcanite said:

This sounds hilarious 

What set would Fjorm run 🤔

Her original weapon.

Reposition

Steady Breath

Dull Range 

Attack Smoke

Swift Stance

+ 2 Eirs blessings and 1 Peony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XRay said:

Those Panics are easy to deal with. The Panics I face are usually staff units who double as Firesweep.

Aversa does not do anything against a player that positions well and she does not work against super tanks that do not depend on adjacent bonus buffs. Panic Manor can be avoided or sniped relatively easily. Panic staves are generally hard to snipe and they are very difficult to avoid, and those are the ones I have to deal with a lot.

Hmmm, odd, I don't really see Panic outside of cav lines and I think those are falling out of style because every super whale, and even many who aren't, have Null C. It's been at least two weeks since I last saw one, anyway. I think the last Panic staffer I saw as part of a normal formation still had her heal equipped, so she wasted her turn healing one of the other enemies after my Bolt Tower went off. Dazzle staves I usually run into are stuff like Brave Veronica trying to set up multiple blade tomes (who are positioned to avoid Panic if I brought an Aversa), Gunnthra or B!Micaiah debuff damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I just pulled a Christmas Sothis. Does she have any use in AR? Offense or defense? If so, what blessing should I give her?

Just throwing in some more food for thought to supplement @Landmaster’s comments; I actually ended up going with a Light blessing for mine.

Spoiler

4s8181I.jpg

That’s without mythic bonuses, which is 2x Eir for +10 HP/Res. I’ve paired her with Idunn:

Spoiler

7xxHyEX.jpg

The idea is that one Eir has 51 Atk/45 Spd (+Spd, +3 merges, +3 Dragonflowers, and Fury 3), so she eats Chill Spd and Bright Shrine, which she doesn’t care about because she doesn’t fight much. Idunn eats Dark Shrine, and Chill Atk, Def, and Res, which she doesn’t really care about because Demonic Breath makes her immune to stat debuffs during combat.

I’ve been messing around with it a bit in mock battles, and it works well enough. It’s a bit situational, obviously, and I probably wouldn’t deploy it against a team stacked with anti-armor weapons (at least not without doing a lot of math first).

I’m not really sure about Atk/Spd Bond for her seal. All of the ones that better suit her are taken by other units, so I figured this would be the next best thing, since it bumps up her stats and plays well with Armor March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deatheggx56 said:

Alrighty, felt like throwing in my two cents in here after getting tier 21 today.

Screw this mode.

I like you

7 hours ago, Deatheggx56 said:

as you can acutally build a unit the way you want to (for the most part).

This is literally not true

Or at least only true for defense

Actually, you could build your units however you want. There's just no guarantee you'll win. In fact, being able to do whatever we want is what makes this game mode so cheesy. 🤔

11 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Prior to my heavy investment, I was running Reposition, Ice Mirror, Steady Stance 3, Shield Pulse, Atk Smoke 3 and the QR3 Seal. This keeps her about as durable to ranged and dragons as the Bonus Doubler setup, but she has a rougher time taking on standard melee.

 

56 minutes ago, Nym said:

Her original weapon.

Reposition

Steady Breath

Dull Range 

Attack Smoke

Swift Stance

+ 2 Eirs blessings and 1 Peony.

I can run both of these

So which one is better? I have the fodder for both of these. Guess Thrasir can give trouble but Altoona is automatic kill Thrasir button so I'm not too worried about that

11 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Vantage Altina would want more or less the standard Vantage supports: a Smite bot with a Link and C/Seal combination that covers Atk, Def and Res (probably Atk/Res Link and Def Tactic C or Seal). F!Takumi provides 10 extra damage and Panic in an AoE. The Bolt Tower is also worth consideration for upgrading. Maybe a refresher of some sort to help her possibly get in more easily (those rare times where she can get a kill without endangering the refresher). L!Azura is obvious preferred, but just about anyone else is usable. I'm not sure a Ward block would work that well for Altina. Since she's a Mythic, she's not going to pick up the big bulk boosts that a normal super tank would.  Goad could possibly work, but it won't give you a lot of flexibility when a Vantage unit often wants to be right up in the enemy formation's face (usually to initiate on a key enemy and spread Def Smoke before the Vantage shenanigans begin).

Ehhhhh unsure if I want to invEst in Fallen Takumi... but... I'll think about I guess.

As for a smite bot, who would you reccomend? I have Def/Res, Spd/Res, Atk/Def, Atk/Res and Atk/Spd Link so that wont be an issue. I have a +10 Olivia I can use as a dancer... I'm probably going to give her an Astra blessing as well.

Is it worthwhile to run Fjorm and Altina? Also, what else could work as my other unit assuming I'm using Olivia Fjorm Altina and [Smite Bot]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Felt lazy this week and only got to T23. Feels low considering I've been averaging T24-25 in light season but meh.

Astra season is where the fun begins. I need to stop procrastinating and find an Astra tank. Thrasir's presence seriously detracts from Fallen Corrin's attractiveness as a supertank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow managed to blag T24 by forsaking any semblance of caution and just sending LLeif to shoot all the things. Significantly less stressful too. I need to grab a second unconditional Galeforcer though as Oscar doesn't have the stats to proc Heavy Blade reliably. Getting Peony could have helped too but I've been too lazy to do the story chapters. That said, my team is set up pretty much such that meeting a Bike or Surtr is an auto-loss unless I can fluke blowing them up with a trap.

Probably the highest I can go without defending. Still 3k ranks away from even a Bronze throne, not that I'm aiming for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I can run both of these

So which one is better? I have the fodder for both of these. Guess Thrasir can give trouble but Altoona is automatic kill Thrasir button so I'm not too worried about that

Ehhhhh unsure if I want to invEst in Fallen Takumi... but... I'll think about I guess.

As for a smite bot, who would you reccomend? I have Def/Res, Spd/Res, Atk/Def, Atk/Res and Atk/Spd Link so that wont be an issue. I have a +10 Olivia I can use as a dancer... I'm probably going to give her an Astra blessing as well.

Is it worthwhile to run Fjorm and Altina? Also, what else could work as my other unit assuming I'm using Olivia Fjorm Altina and [Smite Bot]

Well, my old build is pretty budget, as it's just default Fjorm who consumed a Silas and a Kaze. Nym's is more investment, but should perform better overall. Assuming Aether as the special, that Steady Breath is going to give her quite a bit more sustain. I guess just one match-up to keep in mind is L!Alm. Shield Pulse with Ice Mirror will do better against it.

As far as Smite bots go, it's a pretty flexible role. Most non-refresher supports can do it, so it would come down to what else they can offer to your super tank. Assuming you do go with Fjorm, you might want to consider M!Corrin. He's got one of the best support bonuses in general and he covers greens for Fjorm. If you've already got another red to cover that, Mordecai can provide buffs and debuffs at the same time. Odin or Mae can also provide +6 all stats if they consume a Sigrun.

Fjorm could work with Altina, but you'd have to be more careful because her bulk would be lower without a double Eir or double Naga. You'd probably have to be more aggressive about stacking up defensive drives with the other units, which would, of course, be fairly restrictive on positioning.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Hmmm, odd, I don't really see Panic outside of cav lines and I think those are falling out of style because every super whale, and even many who aren't, have Null C. It's been at least two weeks since I last saw one, anyway. I think the last Panic staffer I saw as part of a normal formation still had her heal equipped, so she wasted her turn healing one of the other enemies after my Bolt Tower went off. Dazzle staves I usually run into are stuff like Brave Veronica trying to set up multiple blade tomes (who are positioned to avoid Panic if I brought an Aversa), Gunnthra or B!Micaiah debuff damage.

The point of Firesweep Panic is not to deal raw damage or have the Firesweep nuke survive, the point is to deal chip damage that helps other nukes one shot you and to punish bonus buff utilization. Running Null C-Disrupt means the tank is not running a more defensive B skill like Lull Atk/Spd that helps reduces damage from all types of nukes. The tank is basically trading away at least 15 points of bulk for the ability to kill the Firesweep nuke, so I do not think Null C-Disrupt is worth it in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...