Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

You probably want to get used to running M!Corrin with Drives and Shove. Once you get farther along, the Spurs are going to put him in serious mortal danger (a lot of common rally traps are set up to have a ranged snipe any supports that are directly adjacent to the super tank).

OK, thanks. I just gave him Shove and Drive Def. What Drive seal should I make for him? Here are both of the units, what stats should I boost? And should I keep Pivot on Cecilia or is there something better?

xnNRwHil.jpgJ9nWfKCl.jpg

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lucked out the past two days and got two perfect wins with Kronya due to the maps being super easy. The only bad thing is that I do not have a bonus unit.

4 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

OK, thanks. I just gave him Shove and Drive Def. What Drive seal should I make for him? Here are both of the units, what stats should I boost? And should I keep Pivot on Cecilia or is there something better?

xnNRwHil.jpgJ9nWfKCl.jpg

You'd probably want Drive Res for Astra. Drive Def is more of a Light Season thing (though still useful). If you want to kind of double dip, you could also run double Distant Guard. It won't protect her against enemy melee, but would account for both physical and magical ranged threats.

Pivot is fine. It's what I use for any armours I bring. There can be some argument for Swap, but it depends on your team comp. In general, though, you want to get Cecilia to the front line ASAP and Pivot will be more conducive to that.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

B!Lucina is just really good with a lot of physical units in general. The Breath refine is pretty insane. It combos particularly well with B!Ike because of his percentile damage reduction giving him so much bulk as to make it difficult to overcome his accelerated QR Aethers.

Marth can work as a support, but he is strictly inferior to M!Corrin if you're using just one super tank. Still, that versatility can come into play if you're running two tanks on the same team (or even across multiple teams, if you're trying to minimize how many supports you have to build). I think you should be more or less fine stacking it up with B!Lucina, though be wary as it's not always safe to have 2+ supports in proximity.

Is +Res DC Amelia with Grado Poleaxe refine viable as a super tank? She'd have armor march so I could run her with another armor...

And since you mention Bike, I summoned one that's +Def... and I do have DC fodder. I don't have special spiral but would it still be worthwhile to invest in him?

I keep getting my grass cut in AR because my fortress is so useless 😔

And it costs a gazillion leaves to upgrade the bloody thing

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Is +Res DC Amelia with Grado Poleaxe refine viable as a super tank? She'd have armor march so I could run her with another armor...

And since you mention Bike, I summoned one that's +Def... and I do have DC fodder. I don't have special spiral but would it still be worthwhile to invest in him?

I keep getting my grass cut in AR because my fortress is so useless 😔

And it costs a gazillion leaves to upgrade the bloody thing

I'd be worried about Amelia's Res, just because she doesn't have the percentile damage reduction that B!Ike does. It might be possible to make her work in Light Season, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it in Astra.

You don't really need Special Spiral for B!Ike. If he's got Quick Riposte with B!Lucina nearby, he can function. I use Mystic Boost as his B, myself. Null C is also popular. If all that's too expensive for your blood, consider Dull Ranged (even rank 2 is pretty potent). He's definitely worthwhile, because there's not really anyone else who has both his killing power and crazy percent-damage tanking in one. And the latter is kind of more important than people might think because of how the AI works. Doing less than 5 damage will cause opposing units to prioritize other actions that may stall or get them refreshed with a full suite of buffs and debuffs cleared. Since B!Ike will typically still take nominal, but not necessarily significant, damage from magical sources, he can goad them all into fighting him in a debuffed state. Just watch out for AoE Specials, as he doesn't reduce those at all.

1 hour ago, Super Endriu said:

Got attacked 7 times today. All around the same time. Wtf?

Sounds like some really oddball matchmaking timing. Chances are that raw defense count means you won't get attacked again until near the end of the season, though.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I'd be worried about Amelia's Res, just because she doesn't have the percentile damage reduction that B!Ike does. It might be possible to make her work in Light Season, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it in Astra.

You don't really need Special Spiral for B!Ike. If he's got Quick Riposte with B!Lucina nearby, he can function. I use Mystic Boost as his B, myself. Null C is also popular. If all that's too expensive for your blood, consider Dull Ranged (even rank 2 is pretty potent). He's definitely worthwhile, because there's not really anyone else who has both his killing power and crazy percent-damage tanking in one. And the latter is kind of more important than people might think because of how the AI works. Doing less than 5 damage will cause opposing units to prioritize other actions that may stall or get them refreshed with a full suite of buffs and debuffs cleared. Since B!Ike will typically still take nominal, but not necessarily significant, damage from magical sources, he can goad them all into fighting him in a debuffed state. Just watch out for AoE Specials, as he doesn't reduce those at all.

Sounds like some really oddball matchmaking timing. Chances are that raw defense count means you won't get attacked again until near the end of the season, though.

That would be great!

9 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

You'd probably want Drive Res for Astra. Drive Def is more of a Light Season thing (though still useful). If you want to kind of double dip, you could also run double Distant Guard. It won't protect her against enemy melee, but would account for both physical and magical ranged threats.

Oh well, I figured Drive Def would be good because Cecilia's Def is lower than her Res. But I'll see how she does, so far in the matches I've used her I've seen a pretty even mix of magic and physical attackers. Maybe it will change as I move up the tiers? I will create the Drive Res seal for Corrin though. I already gave B!Lucina the Distant Guard seal, but the only Distant Guard fodder I have is on an extra L!Lucina that I haven't merged yet, and I'm not sure I want to fodder her for that skill

12 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Oh well, I figured Drive Def would be good because Cecilia's Def is lower than her Res. But I'll see how she does, so far in the matches I've used her I've seen a pretty even mix of magic and physical attackers. Maybe it will change as I move up the tiers? I will create the Drive Res seal for Corrin though. I already gave B!Lucina the Distant Guard seal, but the only Distant Guard fodder I have is on an extra L!Lucina that I haven't merged yet, and I'm not sure I want to fodder her for that skill

Oh, yeah, I'm also thinking too generally here. Without Nagas, you probably do want the Drive Defs, so stick with those for now.

I wouldn't fodder L!Lucina's for Distant Guard. Swift Sparrow is more valuable, especially since Kronya can give Distant Guard 3 at 4*. B!Lucina should do just fine running running a defensive Drive in her C (Drive Spd probably isn't doing Cecilia any good).

6 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I wouldn't fodder L!Lucina's for Distant Guard. Swift Sparrow is more valuable, especially since Kronya can give Distant Guard 3 at 4*. B!Lucina should do just fine running running a defensive Drive in her C (Drive Spd probably isn't doing Cecilia any good).

Yeah, I know Kronya has it a 4* it's just that I hate spending grails for fodder, especially a somewhat minor skill like that. I would think another merge on Cecilia would be a better use of those grails. 

I actually have Hone Atk in B!Lucina's C slot right now. I'm going to leave that for now because it seems like I've been doing a lot of SI recently for incremental upgrades, and since I haven't been summoning much lately I'm quickly running out of fodder. Although I do have a few 3* Nanna copies so if I really feel Drive Def will be a bigger help, I guess I could spare 2k feathers. I could also do Drive Res as I have 10 Soleil combat manuals, but I was thinking about doing a future merge project with her as I don't have any melee Firesweep users. I guess it's not too critical at this time. Hone Atk will be good for both Cecilia and B!Ike since I use Lucina with both

Kronya's probably due for a rerun somewhat soonish, so you shouldn't need to spend any grails if you decide you want it in the future.

Hmmm, Hone Atk is going to help you less up front, but I guess it'll still technically get you some extra durability by increasing your life drain. You really do want to avoid having B!Lucina directly adjacent, though, since that's going to eventually start getting her killed. Atk Tactics (from Legault) would be a direct upgrade in that she could keep her distance and still provide an Atk buff. Soleil's Drive Res would probably be the better inheritance, though (assuming your M!Corrin is running double Drive Def).

What do you want the melee Firesweep for? I don't think it's really necessary to any mode. If you just want to have one at all, Soleil's stat line is optimized enough that she should still perform well as a +0.

10 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Kronya's probably due for a rerun somewhat soonish, so you shouldn't need to spend any grails if you decide you want it in the future.

Hmmm, Hone Atk is going to help you less up front, but I guess it'll still technically get you some extra durability by increasing your life drain. You really do want to avoid having B!Lucina directly adjacent, though, since that's going to eventually start getting her killed. Atk Tactics (from Legault) would be a direct upgrade in that she could keep her distance and still provide an Atk buff. Soleil's Drive Res would probably be the better inheritance, though (assuming your M!Corrin is running double Drive Def).

What do you want the melee Firesweep for? I don't think it's really necessary to any mode. If you just want to have one at all, Soleil's stat line is optimized enough that she should still perform well as a +0.

How often do the old TT/GHB units get re-run? I only started playing in October, so there's a ton of free units I missed. 

Yeah you're right. Atk Tactic would be much better than Hone and I do have a few Legault manuals. I could also do Drive Res from Soleil because I didn't really want a Firesweep unit for anything in particular, I just thought it would be cool to have. And besides, I'm sure I'll pull more copies of her by the time I'll have earned enough feathers to get her even halfway to +10 so it's no big deal. Unfortunately, I already bought the Drive Res seal for Corrin (he has Drive Def in C slot), so should I still give Drive Res to Lucina to stack the Res, or just go with Atk Tactic? 

The TT units don't really get rerun anymore, but GHBs from the past yearish usually get a single rerun (hers debuted in August and hasn't been rerun yet). The oldest GHBs do have the daily rotation (under Special Maps) where you can get some one-time copies there.

Stacking up more Res would probably be better. Just be aware of her stat line and make sure you calc out enemy damage. I'd only really consider Atk Tactic if you're missing kills that then get Cecilia killed. In general, more defensive stats is better because it's going to matter for every single swing the enemy does. An Atk boost basically requires you to be proccing life drain on every single counterattack to keep up (it's possible your Cecilia could do this if she swapped her Special to Sol, but losing the Luna effect of Aether might cause its own problems down the line).

7 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Stacking up more Res would probably be better. Just be aware of her stat line and make sure you calc out enemy damage. I'd only really consider Atk Tactic if you're missing kills that then get Cecilia killed. In general, more defensive stats is better because it's going to matter for every single swing the enemy does. An Atk boost basically requires you to be proccing life drain on every single counterattack to keep up (it's possible your Cecilia could do this if she swapped her Special to Sol, but losing the Luna effect of Aether might cause its own problems down the line).

Ok, I'll give her Drive Res. Will I want to leave that in place during Light season when she's supporting B!Ike, or does Ike want something different?

I got a weird team today. The enemy base had a Thrasir trapped in the corner. She even didn't have WoM, so she would be there until someone release her. I kinda understood the strategy. One of the structures that was trapping her was the Healing Tower, so if the player break it, she would be free... But the rest of the team was not challenging at all, so I was able to beat them, and then kill Thrasir with Altina.

How to throw an easy win:

1. Carefully do calcs for a Bolt Tower strat.
  2. Don't pay attention and go on turn 4 instead of 3.

Dumbest Ladder loss I've ever taken. On the upside, the next map was about as easy. People keep putting forward defense teams with one or no Hardy Bearing users, so one of Nino or Altina sweeps them pretty easily. Mind, I guess mine also only has one Hardy Bearing user, but at least she's pretty well protected (I'm still getting spanked with either perfect clears or single-kill losses when my Lift control is off, though...). I should probably look at tweaking Duma, Thrasir and/or maybe putting in an additional Firesweep/Dazzling unit (since I don't have any Hardy Bearing daggers).

3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

How to throw an easy win:

1. Carefully do calcs for a Bolt Tower strat.
  2. Don't pay attention and go on turn 4 instead of 3.

Alternate strat:

1.  No Duma on enemy defense - bring team well-suited for a Bolt Tower clear
2.  Watch the Lv. 5 Catapult I somehow missed destroy my Bolt Tower

Today I also had the great "privilege" of encountering my first highly optimized Cav-line defense team.  S!Linde, Veronica, Firesweep B!Lyn, NY!Laevatein, Reinhardt, and Duma, all +10 with super premium builds, including the relevant AR-D skills.  First two turns went surprisingly ok, but ultimately I couldn't stop Lyn, Veronica, and Laevatein from maneuvering around my tank and picking off my dancer and Fjorm... 

I finally got a win with the W!Sothis team today (had two failures before due to not being able to buff her) but I unfortunately lost a Naga because of misplacement~Just hate Mirror Impact on L!Julia, it's so annoying not being able to follow up and kill her, which is already hard because of Light and Dark~ Who decided to give her the most obnoxious kit known to man?

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I finally got a win with the W!Sothis team today (had two failures before due to not being able to buff her) but I unfortunately lost a Naga because of misplacement~Just hate Mirror Impact on L!Julia, it's so annoying not being able to follow up and kill her, which is already hard because of Light and Dark~ Who decided to give her the most obnoxious kit known to man?

What is the rest of your W!Sothis team? I find her to be pretty powerful and might want to try using her in AR and was wondering what kind of team to build around her

14 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

What is the rest of your W!Sothis team? I find her to be pretty powerful and might want to try using her in AR and was wondering what kind of team to build around her

Same way you build a super tank team. Two Eirs and two buffers.

I recommend just trying her out in Mock Battle first with your existing units before committing to building a team just for her. Her stats in Tempest Trials are inflated and the enemies in Tempest Trials are pathetically weak, so that is not a good mode to judge a unit's performance in PvP my opinion.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I recommend just trying her out in Mock Battle first with your existing units before committing to building a team just for her. Her stats in Tempest Trials are inflated and the enemies in Tempest Trials are pathetically weak, so that is not a good mode to judge a unit's performance in PvP my opinion.

That's a good point, I didn't think about that. I'll play around a bit and see how it goes in mock battles. 

3 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

M!Corrin, 2 Nagas, and L!Eliwood~ I would recommend using yours in Light Season since you do have Light Mythic Support for her~

I've been using CYL Micaiah in Astra season 

She definitely hard carries... the dual utility of armor effectiveness with her debuffs is absurdly good. Few units I fight have more res than she does.

And my fortress is only level 2 (+1 cause of the structure bonus thing). There's only a couple times where she's missed a one shot (on armors) cause I dont always have the ability to get her next to someone for atk/res bond which forces me to stall (which usually isnt a problem anyway)

I'm just unsure to bless her or not because Aversa is supposedly better cause she inflicts PANIC! But ehhhh 

I've won entire matches simply because I have Micaiah on my team 👀