Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I feel like suiciding two units to kill three of theirs isn't really a good argument for a good Galeforce setup.

In general, a good Galeforce team should be able to kill five and lock out the sixth in a single phase, with no casualties. The newest Mythics facilitate this, since Peony lends herself to supporting the build and Altina lends herself to being part of the offense. Refreshers are nice, but not entirely necessary. Jank as it was, my Light Galeforce team before Peony was Tibarn, Velouria, bonus unit, Eir with WoM and link bot Smite Eir. If couldn't do a completely clean clear (or have Tibarn facilitate hit and run shenanigans), then I didn't deploy them.

Actually, I even had a similar setup in Astra with Peri, Velouria, bonus unit, WoM Naga and link bot Smite Naga. A refresher (Leanne on Light, Reyson on Astra, though there's not really any reason I couldn't have used another Reyson on Light) usually got slotted in in the event that Eir or Naga ended up as the bonus unit.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

In general, a good Galeforce team should be able to kill five and lock out the sixth in a single phase, with no casualties. The newest Mythics facilitate this, since Peony lends herself to supporting the build and Altina lends herself to being part of the offense. Refreshers are nice, but not entirely necessary. Jank as it was, my Light Galeforce team before Peony was Tibarn, Velouria, bonus unit, Eir with WoM and link bot Smite Eir. If couldn't do a completely clean clear (or have Tibarn facilitate hit and run shenanigans), then I didn't deploy them.

I do not have a full Galeforce team. Until I get enough Feathers to afford one, I am using Cordelia as a suicide unit on my main Player Phase team so I stand some chance of winning against an Infantry Pulse team.

Galeforce strat has aged very poorly.

Don't get me wrong, when you play your cards right, it can be effective. Especially now with Peony's introduction that gives the most important stat for a galeforce team (Speed).

But they are too many things that can counter this strat: guard effect, trap placements, the opponent having too many squishy units/ranged units, damage reduction *cough* Brave Ike *cough*. Or even the general unit placement of the enemy.

Not to mention it requires a bit more investment in feathers than another strat like hit and run.

The "safest" Galeforce strat is armor galeforce and this one is far from being free to play friendly.

I won my first match of the season, but I almost screwed up for being dumb. I was using W!Cecilia in Rokkr Seiges earlier so I had Astra instead of Aether as her special. I guess because they both start with A, I missed it when I glanced at her skills to make sure everything was correct. Dumb. She died to the third attacker, but Altina with galeforce was able to clean up and I won with just the single unit killed. I haven't checked my defense yet, but I know I have some losses because I had been demoted when I first checked in for the day, but after the one win I'm back in T19.

I haven't used the galeforce team in a live match yet, but I have been doing some mock battles to get the hang of it. Seems like it will work sometimes. I'm using Mareeta in Arena because she's a bonus unit, and she's pretty awesome. Close Call is pretty broken. I just gave her Galeforce and will user her in AR also. Should be fun. We'll see. My flashing Blade seal is only level 2, but it should be fine on her because her Spd is 47, so she'll probably still out speed most units even with the +3 on the seal. 

22 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Silvia is easy to merge and hits a high HP total to also evade BFjorm, Ninian does the same but is 5*.

Also no, Celica would be a completely different role from Panic+ Bride Lyn. She can't benefit from Duma's blessing to reduce Lift loss, but you can have her take Igrene's place in receiving Pulses to get an AoE. Her true damage is added to her AoE damage, and then it's dealt again in combat.

SOY SAUCE

I havent spoken to you in AGES 😢

Do the bonuses granted by Mythics apply on defense? Also, what kind of team do you think I should run?

21 hours ago, XRay said:

Both would be good. You also probably want to run it on as many units as possible, preferably around 4.

Igrene should be able to shit on others with Blazing Light. Lilina should be able to take a giant dump on people with Glacies. QOV!Celica should throw the stinkiest Special she can depending on how many allies can Pulse her.

In order of highest to lowest HP:
Ninian
Silvia
Panic staff user (This unit needs to have more HP than Igrene so Igrene can activate Blazing Light.)
Igrene — Blazing Light
QOV!Celica — 4 cooldown Special, probably either Dragon Fang or another Blazing Special.
Lilina — Glacies

If you have TIme's Pulse on Igrene, then the Panic staff user's HP requirement is more flexible and it can have any HP you want.

My Celica is unfortunately +HP -Atk, which puts her higher than Iggy. But that shouldn't matter too much... I hope

And my Lilina is -Res heh... 

But I do also have a regular Celica who is +Atk and has refined Ragnarok and Draconic Aura... as well as a -Atk Ophelia 😞

but as I'm typing this I also remember I have a +Atk -HP Legendary Julia that I can use as well

so still do Glacies Lilina or should I use something like Draconic Aura Julia

Edit: for the moment, the most I can run is TWO infantry pulse and 1 person with QP. Because I thought I had a second Dorcas but he evaporated somehow and I cant find him. So I dont know if I accidentally sent him home or something but I do still have a Marisa I can promote.

One other person would have Hardy Bearing and I guess the only other thing after that is maybe a brazen?

Edited by Arcanite

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

My Celica is unfortunately +HP -Atk, which puts her higher than Iggy. But that shouldn't matter too much... I hope

That is fine, you just want to make sure that Igrene has 3 other allies with more HP than she does, or 2 allies if you put Time's Pulse on her.

And my Lilina is -Res heh... 

but as I'm typing this I also remember I have a +Atk -HP Legendary Julia that I can use as well

so still do Glacies Lilina or should I use something like Draconic Aura Julia

-Res does not really matter since a merge will fix it. You just need to find a +Atk one.

If you have Julia: Crusader of Light, then I would do COL!Julia. I would also replace her Special with Glacies. Lilina is the cheapest option assuming the player did not get better one shot nukes. Neutral COL!Julia at +0+0 still has a higher Atk and Res than +Atk Lilina at +10+10. Yours is +Atk, so it is even higher, and the -HP is great so she can get Pulsed a lot.

But I do also have a regular Celica who is +Atk and has refined Ragnarok and Draconic Aura... as well as a -Atk Ophelia 😞

The AI is not smart enough to set up Celica. Ophelia might still be usable, and once you get her a merge, she will be fine.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

SOY SAUCE

I havent spoken to you in AGES 😢

Do the bonuses granted by Mythics apply on defense? Also, what kind of team do you think I should run?

Yeah, it's been like a day since we talked on Discord.

Yes, the stat boosts apply.

I'd like for you to run something more original eventually. But for now just make a basic defense team and learn what makes a good one I guess.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

20 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not have a full Galeforce team. Until I get enough Feathers to afford one, I am using Cordelia as a suicide unit on my main Player Phase team so I stand some chance of winning against an Infantry Pulse team.

Infantry pulse Teams shouldnt be any issue with your hit and run Team i thought? Or just use Pulse Smoke. Basicly nullifies almost everything Infantery Pulse has going for them.

In my case i use my +10 Silque with her "Witchy Wand" She has enough bulk to survive some encounters.

Just now, Hilda said:

Infantry pulse Teams shouldnt be any issue with your hit and run Team i thought? Or just use Pulse Smoke. Basicly nullifies almost everything Infantery Pulse has going for them.

In my case i use my +10 Silque with her "Witchy Wand" She has enough bulk to survive some encounters.

I have no way of engaging Infantry Pulse teams safely with my main Player Phase team. The best I can do is to sacrifice Cordelia to get both teams down to 4 units each, but even that tactic does not always work depending on how they placed their Traps.

If I use Dance/Sing-Reposition as normal, it does not create enough distance between my team and their team, since their Dancer/Singer can just extend the range of their nukes.

One of my options right now is to wait for Pulse Smoke fodder so I can put it on BH!Ike and try Smiting him in with Mordecai and have additional debuff support from Aversa. I will have to do the same with Fjorm for the Astra season.

The other option is to run a Galeforce team. I am leaning towards infantry Galeforce since they have access to Infantry Rush/Infantry Flash, so I can keep Heavy Blade on my Cordelia. I hope Triandra and/or Plumeria are Astra Mythics so I can just duplicate that for Astra season as well.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have no way of engaging Infantry Pulse teams safely with my main Player Phase team. The best I can do is to sacrifice Cordelia to get both teams down to 4 units each, but even that tactic does not always work depending on how they placed their Traps.

If I use Dance/Sing-Reposition as normal, it does not create enough distance between my team and their team, since their Dancer/Singer can just extend the range of their nukes.

One of my options right now is to wait for Pulse Smoke fodder so I can put it on BH!Ike and try Smiting him in with Mordecai and have additional debuff support from Aversa. I will have to do the same with Fjorm for the Astra season.

The other option is to run a Galeforce team. I am leaning towards infantry Galeforce since they have access to Infantry Rush/Infantry Flash, so I can keep Heavy Blade on my Cordelia. I hope Triandra and/or Plumeria are Astra Mythics so I can just duplicate that for Astra season as well.

you are using Firesweep users anyway where is the problem? Ditched Firesweep?

On 12/31/2019 at 12:24 AM, Landmaster said:

Thanks a lot for these, I've given Duma the boots and an Assist, I can definitely see him needing them here. I usually find Boots Armors really suicide-y so I kinda went back and forth on it but I see how it would have stopped the Galeforce strat. Also put Lunar Flash on Alm since I only have 2 Pulsers.

Originally no one had an Assist, the reason I gave it to Alm was because as I was testing it against myself, my units weren't dying so they were just clumping up in front of the Defensive tile and no one could attack. I gave Alm Draw Back so that after Celica attacks, if she doesn't die, he can pull her back and then Thrasir can attack, which did end up working in my tests. So I'm not really sure which is better to have on him (or if I should keep the Celica Miracle thing going on or just go for Luna).

I gave it another round after the changes. You really built up that Alfonse fast O.o . I actually didn’t notice at first, and as a result he ate both of Altina’s attacks and smacked her with Open the Future. I had to have instant-Bonfire Jaffar deal with him. He even managed to barely survive Flora, which was pretty impressive.

I think Draw Back on Alm plays better with the more mobile Duma. He tends to get stuck in Draw Back loops with Duma or Silvia now, which is actually a little annoying.

How’s it holding up against the masses?

35 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I gave it another round after the changes. You really built up that Alfonse fast O.o . I actually didn’t notice at first, and as a result he ate both of Altina’s attacks and smacked her with Open the Future. I had to have instant-Bonfire Jaffar deal with him. He even managed to barely survive Flora, which was pretty impressive.

I think Draw Back on Alm plays better with the more mobile Duma. He tends to get stuck in Draw Back loops with Duma or Silvia now, which is actually a little annoying.

How’s it holding up against the masses?

B Tome Valor on Ranged Training Day is a powerful combo~

Nice, I was worried about him losing tankiness without his Oath Skill, but looks like it's decent for now.

Only have 3 challenges so far. First only had 1 foe defeated, 2nd was better with 3 kills. Today's match was a Success though, with 3 kills~ It was the first one with Alfonse, though he didn't do anything. The guy must have missed Panic Ploy on Silvia and his Altina was one shot by Celica~ Alm does get into his Draw Back loops which looks to be pretty effective. So going well so far!

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

you are using Firesweep users anyway where is the problem? Ditched Firesweep?

I fail to see how Firesweep can help, and I have a Firesweep archer. The problem is not killing enemy nukes on Player Phase. The problem is that I cannot Dance/Sing-Reposition away far enough after I killed a nuke. Killing an enemy nuke is suicide not because a particular nuke can do anything when you are killing it, it is suicide because their allies will have enough range to go after you.

If you are using Player Phase, the problem with Infantry Pulse teams is that you need wipe out ALL nukes in one turn. The only way you can realistically do that is to use a Galeforce team.

Edited by XRay

Have you considered running a cavalry or flying laguz Galeforcer? I find sometimes Tibarn or Peri can get away with hit and run tactics because the extra move lets them get exactly clear of the refresher range (hit/kill, then Galeforce retreat and have an ally Reposition or Draw Back). Granted, this is using Velouria, since they typically wouldn't get enough charge to retreat on their own otherwise.

Kempf has been fun to run on offense, which is kind of funny, because I had him tagged as an ARD unit. Being able to shut down counterattacks means I can be more aggressive against the bulk Vantage melee that seems to be regaining popularity. The splash damage also let Fjorm muscle through a couple greens where I actually would have been just a little shy on killing the first.

@TEKWRX Dunno if you are still looking for defense maps to challenge. But I have a Cav line as my Light Defense if you need practice against that type of team. And my Astra defense is a 4 armor team that is built around my Amelia and Myrrh, so that one may not be good practice since with a fort disadvantage, if you still have it(it takes forever to catch up on fort levels so that wouldn't surprise me), on top of everything else you may just find yourself blocked due to stats instead of being out played. Neither team is super well built(in particular the Duma is kinda dead weight), but they do manage to keep me in the top defense lift loss tier nearly every season though that is mostly thanks to blessings. So they might serve as easier teams to get a foot in the door before taking on some the more monstrous ones around here. Both are simple. A basic cav line and a basic armor block.

ID and Nickname are in my signature, but just in case you have them turned off - Heroes Nickname: Usana | Heroes ID: 9581072353

Thanks @Usana, just sent the request. My FEH user name is Halfdan. Also, I'd like to put my friend code information in my signature here, but for the life of me I can find where to enable/edit that feature. Where should I look? I don't see it when I go to edit my account profile. I put it in the "About Me" section, but it doesn't show up in my posts

24 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks @Usana, just sent the request. My FEH user name is Halfdan. Also, I'd like to put my friend code information in my signature here, but for the life of me I can find where to enable/edit that feature. Where should I look? I don't see it when I go to edit my account profile. I put it in the "About Me" section, but it doesn't show up in my posts

On the very top right corner, you will see your username.
Click on your username so a menu will pop up.
Click <Account Settings>.
On the left side of the screen, you will see <Signature>, so click on that.

48 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Have you considered running a cavalry or flying laguz Galeforcer? I find sometimes Tibarn or Peri can get away with hit and run tactics because the extra move lets them get exactly clear of the refresher range (hit/kill, then Galeforce retreat and have an ally Reposition or Draw Back). Granted, this is using Velouria, since they typically wouldn't get enough charge to retreat on their own otherwise.

I could try using Peri and I have a Velouria. Should I use Hit and Run on the B slot too?

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

On the very top right corner, you will see your username.
Click on your username so a menu will pop up.
Click <Account Settings>.
On the left side of the screen, you will see <Signature>, so click on that.

Cool, thanks. I kept looking under profile, no wonder I didn't see anything 😉

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

I could try using Peri and I have a Velouria. Should I use Hit and Run on the B slot too?

If you're building her for the express purpose of hit and running, could be worth consideration. I have Desperation on mine, but that's because she's part of a team that's normally supposed to Galeforce sweep the enemy. It just so happened that I started seeing holes in the enemy formation that she and Tibarn could exploit because Vantage or super tanks stopping there would likely be committing suicide (since they'd be killing something that shouldn't be a priority for them). But a Galeforcer who kills that less important unit and bugs out can cause all sorts of chaos that usually makes them easier to defeat.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Request accepted.

XRay beat me to the signature help, but yeah they seem to hide that a bit here. Or at least it feels like it is a bit more out of the way/a hassle to edit than on some other forums I have been on.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I fail to see how Firesweep can help, and I have a Firesweep archer. The problem is not killing enemy nukes on Player Phase. The problem is that I cannot Dance/Sing-Reposition away far enough after I killed a nuke. Killing an enemy nuke is suicide not because a particular nuke can do anything when you are killing it, it is suicide because their allies will have enough range to go after you.

If you are using Player Phase, the problem with Infantry Pulse teams is that you need wipe out ALL nukes in one turn. The only way you can realistically do that is to use a Galeforce team.

that depends on the assist skills you have and is not true, you can especially in light season now with Peony Drawback/reposition yourself into safety. An Infantry pulse Team can only walk so far even with LAzura dance

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

that depends on the assist skills you have and is not true, you can especially in light season now with Peony Drawback/reposition yourself into safety. An Infantry pulse Team can only walk so far even with LAzura dance

I run 2 Dancers/Singers on my team, and everyone else has Reposition. If I could figure out a way to Dance/Sing-Reposition, I would have done so already.

Unless I see a video of a team that can do that consistently, then I do not think a regular Player Phase team like mine is a good answer to Infantry Pulse.

Under an ideal scenario right now, my best chance of winning against them is to use a Galeforce unit to suicide charge them.

What's a good C skill for Seliph? I'd like to do Infantry Pulse, but I only have it on a single Dorcas and I'm not sure I want to fodder him yet, so that's something for the future. Is Panic Ploy worth the 20k feathers it would cost, or am I better off with something cheaper like Atk Smoke?