Jump to content
redlight

Aether Raids General Thread

Recommended Posts

I’m really enjoying it, though I wish we used stamina instead of Aether.

Does anyone else find building defense teams and trying to manipulate how your team’s AI surprisingly fun? It’s really fun seeing how the AI will behave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what to think but I put Grima, Aversa Lancina and Loki for kicks.  Not sure how well that'll go down...

 

I do kind of like the mode but I can see it being arena 2.0...and am dreading what will happen soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Nope, but the bonus unit stat boost applies to defense as well unlike arena.

Which makes Aversa particularly annoying on defense

which is exactly what i did, 61 HP Aversa is delicious.

I need to flesh out my Defense Team but i think i will swap in Veronica, she is just too cancerous to leave out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait until I can build a 6 unit team. How do you feel about instantly charged Aether and AoE specials?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my first defensive defeat. From this perspective it's bad that people don't give up after losing 1 unit, because my team managed to kill 1 unit of the enemy. 

I don't get this thing, how does Aversa of the offense team have 48 SPD? 

xbk7KeV.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't get this thing, how does Aversa of the offense team have 48 SPD?

What levels are the fortresses? A higher level fortress gives a stat boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking about running Azama with a bunch of inantry pulse users, miracle and just burry him alive with the most defensiv crap on him... but i dont think i can even stall with Azama 7 turns because dancers make this a cakewalk (espcially Dancer and Reinhardt)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I just got my first defensive defeat. From this perspective it's bad that people don't give up after losing 1 unit, because my team managed to kill 1 unit of the enemy. 

I don't get this thing, how does Aversa of the offense team have 48 SPD? 

xbk7KeV.png

 

I think it should be changed to GHB. When you loose 1 unit and you are the one attacking you lost the battle period, otherwise its just too easy because the AI is just dumb. Then again this brings us back to Arena 1.0 which was bad.

Maybe its a good thing that in this way you have to focus on building sturdy units that maybe can outlast the 7 turns. But then again the only sturdy units are Armorers soooo Wary fighter ahoi.... coupled with Miracle?

Edited by Hilda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

What levels are the fortresses? A higher level fortress gives a stat boost.

My fortress is Level 1, the offensive Fortress Level 2+1. 

Does this mean a difference of 2, which would result in a boost of 2x4 to all stats? 

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think it should be changed to GHB. When you loose 1 unit and you are the one attacking you lost the battle period, otherwise its just too easy because the AI is just dumb. Then again this brings us back to Arena 1.0 which was bad.

Maybe its a good thing that in this way you have to focus on building sturdy units that maybe can outlast the 7 turns

I mean the offense loses "lift" by losing a unit. The defense team should lose less lift by getting kills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

My fortress is Level 1, the offensive Fortress Level 2+1. 

Does this mean a difference of 2, which would result in a boost of 2x4 to all stats? 

I mean the offense loses "lift" by losing a unit. The defense team should lose less lift by getting kills. 

well yeah i agree on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get a defense win yet? 

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I know this won’t last, but right now I’m rank #1 in this mode :’)

Cool, congrats! I wasted too much Aether by not destroying all depots. 

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am surprised we didn't get Aether Raids quests...

That was my first thought too this morning. Perhaps on Monday, seasons will start Mondays after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My fortress is Level 1, the offensive Fortress Level 2+1. 

Does this mean a difference of 2, which would result in a boost of 2x4 to all stats? 

I mean the offense loses "lift" by losing a unit. The defense team should lose less lift by getting kills. 

Yes, that's right.

I've had a few defence losses, but I haven't lost any lift yet. How is it calculated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Yes, that's right.

I've had a few defence losses, but I haven't lost any lift yet. How is it calculated?

You don't lose lift until you have at least 4000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I've had a few defence losses, but I haven't lost any lift yet. How is it calculated?

From the help: "If your Lift is 4,000 or lower, a failed attack or defense will not lower your total Lift." 

/Edit: ninja'd :-p

/Edit2: I just noticed this "rematch" button in the defense results: 

J2vAGFB.png

This will be awesome if meeting a friend. 

Edited by mampfoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did anyone get a defense win yet? 

I got one before I even bought buildings and finalised my final defense map/team.

Once I finished my map....I just got nothing :/

Amusingly, I already have 3 losses on my other account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I got one before I even bought buildings and finalised my final defense map/team.

Could you see how your units beat all four opponents, or did the other player surrender? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I got one before I even bought buildings and finalised my final defense map/team.

Once I finished my map....I just got nothing :/

Amusingly, I already have 3 losses on my other account.

I was pretty quick with the added buildings. I am starting to wonder if built up maps are less likely to be pulled in these early stages of the game mode. Every keep I battled was bare bones. So buildings may effect your matchups? No idea, just what I have observed so far. Could just be luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Could you see how your units beat all four opponents, or did the other player surrender? 

The replay is bugged- I can't see the whole thing. I can only see the enemy team defeat my Veronica, but Owain, H!Myrrh and L!Tiki were still standing when the replay ended abruptly.

But it did say I beat all 4 units...unless that means a surrender?

 

@Usana maybe it's also people already used up their Aether since I had no additions to Defense wins/losses. I had more losses in the other account with proper buildings but still only 1 battle (the win) in my main account.

Edited by mcsilas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Usana maybe it's also people already used up their Aether since I had no additions to Defense wins/losses. I had more losses in the other account with proper buildings but still only 1 battle (the win) in my main account.

I feel kinda stupid not considering that myself. New feature everyone burns stuff out in the early hours before I get in. I suppose that means we can expect another surge or two through out the day as different areas of the world wake up/get off work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Usana almost all of mine was against people that did some work in the defense, i guess is rly random...dunno

Im LOVING this new mode...LOVING it! To the point i could not even play/bother with arena more than one time a week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

Edited by Eilanzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason why aether is being held from us is because of the replays. IS's database probably can't handle it beyond what we're allowed to do. The current replays might get deleted tomorrow at the daily reset. If it's not a issue with replays then I don't know what it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got a defense battle and boy do I love replays!

Though I did have one moment where I was all, 'what the hell is the AI doing?! I have never seen the AI move like that be. . . I forgot that a person was controlling the attacking units, didn't I'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...