Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Why can't we use Dew for Defensive Structures, I have no use for Offense. Feelsbadman

Well, at least I used up all my Dew now upgrading every Structure (O) that is not a School. It has just been piling up for the past few months.

The only defensive thing I have upgraded is my Heavy Trap a few days ago since there were nothing left for me to upgrade besides Schools (O), and I do not really want to upgrade them since they are too niche in my opinion.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Well, at least I used up all my Dew now upgrading every Structure (O) that is not a School. It has just been piling up for the past few months.

The only defensive thing I have upgraded is my Heavy Trap a few days ago since there were nothing left for me to upgrade besides Schools (O), and I do not really want to upgrade them since they are too niche in my opinion.

I could only upgrade 2 Defensive buildings to Lv6, will be a while before I can get another one. Thankfully there's only 3-4 I really need upgraded. IDK what I'll do with this Dew, though, none of my Offense is even upgraded high enough to use the Dew

56 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I could only upgrade 2 Defensive buildings to Lv6, will be a while before I can get another one. Thankfully there's only 3-4 I really need upgraded. IDK what I'll do with this Dew, though, none of my Offense is even upgraded high enough to use the Dew

My defense team is just semi cav line, so I do not think it really needs anything in terms of Structures (D), although I guess Dark Shrine (D) could help. I am not sure what else a cav line needs though.

That reminds me...

If you get Feh Pass, you will get Aether Stones faster.

Just kidding. But Heroes could have done something more subtle like that and advertise Feh Pass when we try to do something but ran out of resources. Like if we ran out of Aether Stones but try to press the button to build or upgrade, I think that is a good time to advertise. Currently, they just grey out the option when you try to build or upgrade something, but I think they should leave it ungrey, like when we try to summon when out of Orbs, and we get prompted to buy Orbs.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

My defense team is just semi cav line, so I do not think it really needs anything in terms of Structures (D), although I guess Dark Shrine (D) could help. I am not sure what else a cav line needs though.

That reminds me...

If you get Feh Pass, you will get Aether Stones faster.

Just kidding. But Heroes could have done something more subtle like that and advertise Feh Pass when we try to do something but ran out of resources. Like if we ran out of Aether Stones but try to press the button to build or upgrade, I think that is a good time to advertise. Currently, they just grey out the option when you try to build or upgrade something, but I think they should leave it ungrey, like when we try to summon when out of Orbs, and we get prompted to buy Orbs.

Yeah, Cav Lines don't need much

Jokes on you, I already used the Feh Pass stones just for the sake of upgrading a 2nd building

I would just like the option to use Dew on Offense or Defense, HUL

Oh yeah, so, I've noticed that I've been getting a LOT more defense successes than I was in tier 20. Which is odd to me because it isn't like I could level up the fortress D anymore than it already is. I do suppose I have been getting some better units to put on my defense teams, but I'm still mainly just trying to lower the amount of lift I'd lose as much as possible, not so much trying to make a strategically good team. I can't really complain though, it's been mostly what saves my ass in Astra weeks when I struggle more.

Speaking of which, I built a Hawkeye, but he's still missing his refine. I wish divine dew wasn't so hard to get...

Tier 25 at 12,829 Lift.

My rank right now is 6,169 though, pretty far from the Gold Throne. If I can achieve something similar for Astra Season, hopefully a little higher at Tier 26, maybe that might be enough for a Gold Throne.

No deaths on matches that counted, and -16 on defense finished in T27 (13656 Lift). I lost one ladder to a rematch this morning. The map was as interesting as I imagined it would be (the lead was a +10 Legendary Azura), but it turns out that I bit off a bit more than I could chew. I definitely rushed it a bit, though there’s a chance that it just wasn’t winnable with the team I sent in. I’ll have to check the recording later to see if I could’ve improved the outcome.

I just had to fight a dude with this heavily invested Haar, and I was scared I wouldn't be able to beat him, but L!Leif and escape route shenanigans saved the day.

His stat/skills:

Spoiler

1835597362_ScreenShot2020-02-11at6_54_42AM.png.76f23877dbf83bdf5d7a1bc2d79044bd.png

He is a bonus unit and had Duma and Thrasir boosting him. So he had 80 HP and 51 Def. He also had triple spur Def/Res, 1 Drive Def, and double Distant Guard support, which gave him (with DD4) 79 Def during combat. If he wasn't trying to be a general tank and had Iote's Shield I would have been stumped, and would be down 2 ladders on the first day.

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

I just had to fight a dude with this heavily invested Haar, and I was scared I wouldn't be able to beat him, but L!Leif and escape route shenanigans saved the day.

His stat/skills:

Reveal hidden contents

1835597362_ScreenShot2020-02-11at6_54_42AM.png.76f23877dbf83bdf5d7a1bc2d79044bd.png

He is a bonus unit and had Duma and Thrasir boosting him. So he had 80 HP and 51 Def. He also had triple spur Def/Res, 1 Drive Def, and double Distant Guard support, which gave him (with DD4) 79 Def during combat. If he wasn't trying to be a general tank and had Iote's Shield I would have been stumped, and would be down 2 ladders on the first day.

Then you said "heavily invested Haar", I already thought we had the same map in offensive. I got this Haar today:

986056364_Screenshot_20200211-0820522.thumb.png.d6e3e3764853a29b4216b8e5ee33ea1d.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Been a while since I got to use Kana in both matches. The 2nd guy reaaallly hates W!Sothis. While he had a Thrasir, she was blocked off in the second row while the rest of the team was all lined up behind his structures in the back. A Caeda, Est, S!Palla, E!Catria, and L!Marth. No way was I risking W!Sothis getting smashed by all of that when Kana's only threat could be boxed in.

On Defense, this is the first time the new team took a Failure on the first match of the week, but only lost 5 Lift, so I can't be mad about it~ I'm more interested to see how the team performs with Sudden Panic~

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Then you said "heavily invested Haar", I already thought we had the same map in offensive. I got this Haar today:

986056364_Screenshot_20200211-0820522.thumb.png.d6e3e3764853a29b4216b8e5ee33ea1d.png

Wow three blessing boosts, this guy is looking like a boss. Like I said at least these guys don't have Iote Shield so you can run trough them with a competent archer.

Wow, Hawkeye was a waste of resources too. He doesn't survive anything in AR even though I read in multiple places that he's supposed to be good there. I built him with Distant Counter and +Atk and stuff too. I'm starting to get real tired of not being able to find reliable mixed tanks for Astra week. I know there's no one quite as good as Brave Ike, but there should be somebody who's good enough. I found NY Alfonse + Sharena who does really well alongside Brave Ike in Light weeks. Why can't I find another pair of units that can carry things for me?

Christmas Sothis can do okay sometimes, but not as often.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, Hawkeye was a waste of resources too. He doesn't survive anything in AR even though I read in multiple places that he's supposed to be good there. I built him with Distant Counter and +Atk and stuff too. I'm starting to get real tired of not being able to find reliable mixed tanks for Astra week. I know there's no one quite as good as Brave Ike, but there should be somebody who's good enough. I found NY Alfonse + Sharena who does really well alongside Brave Ike in Light weeks. Why can't I find another pair of units that can carry things for me?

Christmas Sothis can do okay sometimes, but not as often.

In a perfect world, while the idea behind a super tank is for the super tank to tank everything, in practice, super tanks cannot tank everything. You need to know what the limits of your super tanks are instead of just shoving them into the front lines without thought and then blame them if they are not working. You need to look at the enemies' skills before hand to determine whether or not your super tank can handle it.

Most super tanks cannot handle Ophelia, Igrene, SK!Alm, and/or QOV!Celica at the same time because there simply is not enough stats to go around. You need to choose your tanks and support units appropriately. SK!Alm and QOV!Celica are easy to tank with a simple Spd check by simply running 2 M!Corrins and a ton of Drive Spd. Tanking Ophelia and Igrene requires boosting your visible Def/Res as high as possible which I find to be a little more difficult, as you may need to run 3 Eirs or Nagas or get a copy of Pulse Smoke to disable Blazing Specials. Trying to tank both Blazing nukes and Lunar Arc/Saintly Seraphim nukes at the same time is extremely difficult unless you are running armor super tanks.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

In a perfect world, while the idea behind a super tank is for the super tank to tank everything, in practice, super tanks cannot tank everything. You need to know what the limits of your super tanks are instead of just shoving them into the front lines without thought and then blame them if they are not working. You need to look at the enemies' skills before hand to determine whether or not your super tank can handle it.

Most super tanks cannot handle Ophelia, Igrene, SK!Alm, and/or QOV!Celica at the same time because there simply is not enough stats to go around. You need to choose your tanks and support units appropriately. SK!Alm and QOV!Celica are easy to tank with a simple Spd check by simply running 2 M!Corrins and a ton of Drive Spd. Tanking Ophelia and Igrene requires boosting your visible Def/Res as high as possible which I find to be a little more difficult, as you may need to run 3 Eirs or Nagas or get a copy of Pulse Smoke to disable Blazing Specials. Trying to tank both Blazing nukes and Lunar Arc/Saintly Seraphim nukes at the same time is extremely difficult unless you are running armor super tanks.

The only one of those units I ran into was legendary Alm. I'm aware that no one unit can tank everything, but Hawkeye literally tanked nothing at all. That's the problem. And I was mainly trying to use him to tank units like Reinhardt, but he didn't survive any Reinhardts, even while on a defense tile.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The only one of those units I ran into was legendary Alm. I'm aware that no one unit can tank everything, but Hawkeye literally tanked nothing at all. That's the problem. And I was mainly trying to use him to tank units like Reinhardt, but he didn't survive any Reinhardts, even while on a defense tile.

Instead of continuing to shift the blame on to Hawkeye, you need to understand that you as a player have all the knowledge and information required to beat a defense team. You can preview the entire map layout AND enemy skills before battle. You need to accept the fact that you did not do your due diligence before going into battle.

Are the enemies running debuffs? Do they have Hector: Marqui of Ostia to precharge Reinhardt's Special? Did you provide Hawkeye with enough stats in the first place? You cannot expect a debuffed Hawkeye +1+0 with no Summoner Support and no buff support to tank a pimped out Reinhardt with Dragon Fang.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Instead of continuing to shift the blame on to Hawkeye, you need to understand that you as a player have all the knowledge and information required to beat a defense team. You can preview the entire map layout AND enemy skills before battle. You need to accept the fact that you did not do your due diligence before going into battle.

Are the enemies running debuffs? Do they have Hector: Marqui of Ostia to precharge Reinhardt's Special? Did you provide Hawkeye with enough stats in the first place? You cannot expect a debuffed Hawkeye +1+0 with no Summoner Support and no buff support to tank a pimped out Reinhardt with Dragon Fang.

I've been previewing maps more often these days than I used to, actually.

And no, I've not run into a single Hector of any form yet this season. And yes, I'm always providing buffs to my units.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I've been previewing maps more often these days than I used to, actually.

That is good.

For the defense team, do you remember what skills the enemies are running? If you do not remember, that is fine, but make sure to jot down what skills the enemies are running if your tank dies the next time, so you know what Hawkeye needs to survive. Also make note of any debuffing Structures on the defense team.

For your offense team, what is Hawkeye's merges and Flowers? Does he have Summoner Support and Ally Support? What skills is he running? Who are the rest of his teammates and what are their skills?

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is good.

For the defense team, do you remember what skills the enemies are running? If you do not remember, that is fine, but make sure to jot down what skills the enemies are running if your tank dies the next time, so you know what Hawkeye needs to survive. Also make note of any debuffing Structures on the defense team.

For your offense team, what is Hawkeye's merges and Flowers? Does he have Summoner Support and Ally Support? What skills is he running? Who are the rest of his teammates and what are their skills?

No, it's too much information to remember. And what would writing them down do since I'm always going to face different defense teams?

He only has one merge, no flowers. I never have enough flowers to go around. He isn't able to have a summoner support since I've already given another unit that. He has no Ally support. I don't really do ally supports much because they take so damn long to build. His skillset is his prf weapon (but no refine since I can't get enough dew right now), Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Null C-Disrupt, and Threaten Atk. ...I forgot to give him a seal. I'm pretty sure that would've helped. 😕 Stupid me.

Though in my defense, I'm pretty sure he had one previously, I just forgot to give it back to him.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, it's too much information to remember. And what would writing them down do since I'm always going to face different defense teams?

So you know what kinds of nukes and builds are the most common, and then you can prepare countermeasures. You will also learn to avoid using certain types of super tanks against certain types of nukes.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He only has one merge, no flowers. I never have enough flowers to go around. He isn't able to have a summoner support since I've already given another unit that. He has no Ally support. I don't really do ally supports much because they take so damn long to build. His skillset is his prf weapon (but no refine since I can't get enough dew right now), Reposition, Distant Counter, Null C-Disrupt, and Threaten Atk. ...I forgot to give him a seal. I'm pretty sure that would've helped. 😕 Stupid me.

+1+0 with no Summoner Support nor Ally Support is extremely crippling on a super tank. A super tank needs those stats to function. I strongly recommend getting him Summoner Support and Ally Support at the bare minimum since those stats are free; for merges and Flowers, I recommend at least +5+5, but if you are short on resources right now, you need to set aside a budget for about a month for the merges and maybe 1 or 2 months for the Flowers.

I recommend Moonbow as his Special to make sure he can kill things. I think Noontime might be okay since he can charge it extremely quickly, but if you really need healing, I would just run Healing Tower (O) instead.

He also needs his Refine since that is essentially Atk/Def/Res +3.

Null C-Disrupt is not necessary on a super tank in my opinion; I would just wall Firesweep nukes instead of trying to kill them since they are not doing as much damage as the really hard hitting nukes. Ideally, you want to run Lull Atk/Spd on the B slot, but f you cannot afford that, I recommend running Guard since it is cheap compared to other options, although it does require Feathers for tier 3. If he does not reach 50+ Spd though, you will probably want to run Quick Riposte on the B slot instead.

For his C slot, I recommend running Atk Smoke. Spd Smoke is also an alternative option to reduce doubles.

For the Sacred Seal, I would go with Distant Def.

If you have not rebuild your M!Corrin yet, I strongly recommend you do so. Alternatively, you can bring Brave Heroes Lucina if you have her so you can run a stronger Special. Aversa is also an option as it helps reduce the impact of nukes with mass debuffs.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

+1+0 with no Summoner Support nor Ally Support is extremely crippling on a super tank. A super tank needs those stats to function. I strongly recommend getting him Summoner Support and Ally Support at the bare minimum since those stats are free; for merges and Flowers, I recommend at least +5+5, but if you are short on resources right now, you need to set aside a budget for about a month for the merges and maybe 1 or 2 months for the Flowers.

Like I said, he's unable to get a summoner support. I already gave that to another unit and I'm not getting the Feh Pass anytime soon. I also won't be able to give him any flowers for awhile.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend Moonbow as his Special to make sure he can kill things. I think Noontime might be okay since he can charge it extremely quickly, but if you really need healing, I would just run Healing Tower (O) instead.

I do run the healing tower. All the time. But it doesn't always help. Aether does when it can activate fast enough.

He also needs his Refine since that is essentially Atk/Def/Res +3.

This is true, yes.

Null C-Disrupt is not necessary on a super tank in my opinion; I would just wall Firesweep nukes instead of trying to kill them since they are not doing as much damage as the really hard hitting nukes. Ideally, you want to run Lull Atk/Spd on the B slot, but f you cannot afford that, I recommend running Guard since it is cheap compared to other options, although it does require Feathers for tier 3.

I don't have Lull Atk/Spd available, I think. Guard, I might. I happened to get a spare Nailah and that's why I threw in Null C-Disrupt as well as Distant Counter.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

For his C slot, I recommend running Atk Smoke. Spd Smoke is also an alternative option to reduce doubles.

If I can get those easily enough, sure.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

For the Sacred Seal, I would go with Distant Def.

I would've probably given him that one anyway, yeah.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have not rebuild your M!Corrin yet, I strongly recommend you do so. Alternatively, you can bring Brave Heroes Lucina if you have her so you can run a stronger Special. Aversa is also an option as it helps reduce the impact of nukes with mass debuffs.

I don't have either of those units right now, but I did intend to eventually get Brave Lucina since she's also a great ally for Brave Ike.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like I said, he's unable to get a summoner support.

Then you need to switch Summoner Supports. It is a hassle, but those stats are crucial.

I do run the healing tower. All the time. But it doesn't always help. Aether does when it can activate fast enough.

Aether takes too long without BH!Lucina. I would stick with Moonbow or a 3 cool down Special.

I don't have Lull Atk/Spd available, I think. Guard, I might. I happened to get a spare Nailah and that's why I threw in Null C-Disrupt as well as Distant Counter.

If Hawkeye does not reach 50+ Spd, I would run Quick Riposte instead. Hawkeye needs to be able to kill nukes in one round of combat, or else he will just die from nukes who survive who can then just initiate on him again.

If I can get those easily enough, sure.

Kaze has Atk Smoke and Chad has Spd Smoke. They are all 4* units.

I don't have either of those units right now, but I did intend to eventually get Brave Lucina since she's also a great ally for Brave Ike.

Then I would rebuild M!Corrin as soon as possible. Running 2 can provide a massive all stat +12, or you can adjust it to something like 9/15/13/13 with 2 Drive Spd and Close Guard and Distant Guard Sacred Seals.

Kaden is also another option if you have him, just make sure he does not get Panicked.

It is crucial to have at least one of those support units for the massive stat boosts they provide.

Edited by XRay