Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I wouldn't recommend using Armors, much less low-Res Red Armors in AR.

I've been using Christmas Sothis though, and she's been my best thing for Astra week. Though that's not saying a whole lot, it's still saying something considering I struggle way more without her.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I've been using Christmas Sothis though, and she's been my best thing for Astra week. Though that's not saying a whole lot, it's still saying something considering I struggle way more without her.

W!Sothis is both Green and has a Res stat, so she has some usability in the right circumstances. The only red Armor off the top of my head that probably works well in AR is Idunn

Just now, Landmaster said:

W!Sothis is both Green and has a Res stat, so she has some usability in the right circumstances. The only red Armor off the top of my head that probably works well in AR is Idunn

That is true. Well, didn't hurt to ask, anyway. Hopefully GD Ike will help me in LHBs/MHBs or something instead.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That is true. Well, didn't hurt to ask, anyway. Hopefully GD Ike will help me in LHBs/MHBs or something instead.

He's a +10 Armor, so if nothing else, he will help you score better in Arena~

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

It can be done, I use BK on one of my main Light Season teams. Though I do have a great deal of experience in using BK, so there's probably a bit of a learning experience required to properly use such a unit.

17 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

It can be done, I use BK on one of my main Light Season teams. Though I do have a great deal of experience in using BK, so there's probably a bit of a learning experience required to properly use such a unit.

It surely can be done, but the odds are more against low Res Red Armorers then in favour of them, considering Ophelia, Dancer Micaiah, Armor effect damage etc. and on top of that comes the movement restriction

2 hours ago, Zelgius said:

Yeah, it can but it definately takes a lot of practice and prep. Wouldn't reccomend just slapping one on a team without planning

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

2 Eirs and Res Refinement can somewhat mitigate that, boosting it up to 38. Assuming she rebuilds 2 M!Corrins, they can provide all stat +12, which should be good enough to take on Reinhardt and QOV!Celica. Should probably still stay from SK!Alm though since he hits really hard, and Ophelia is probably still fatal, so I guess it depends on enemy team composition.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

He's a +10 Armor, so if nothing else, he will help you score better in Arena~

He will still need a Rally+ and a Tier 4 C Skill to score his possible highest score, which is 752. He will score the same as Valbar, a 3-4 stars unit.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

2 Eirs and Res Refinement can somewhat mitigate that, boosting it up to 38. Assuming she rebuilds 2 M!Corrins, they can provide all stat +12, which should be good enough to take on Reinhardt and QOV!Celica. Should probably still stay from SK!Alm though since he hits really hard, and Ophelia is probably still fatal, so I guess it depends on enemy team composition.

correction 1 Corrin you cant run 2 Eirs 2 Corrins and a Red Armor. There would be no room left for the bonus unit.

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

correction 1 Corrin you cant run 2 Eirs 2 Corrins and a Red Armor. There would be no room left for the bonus unit.

Inclusion of bonus unit is generally unnecessary. If you just want decent rewards of around tier 23 to tier 24, there is really no need for the bonus unit.

The only situation where you really want to use one is if you are trying to rank for Thrones. For Astra Season, as long as you have two Mythics, you can still get Silver Thrones without a bonus unit, assuming you win every battle with minimal losses, as I have done so about a month or two ago.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's why I have Null C-Disrupt on Hawkeye:

hopLxhS.jpg

I wouldn't know what to do here if one of my units didn't have Null C-Disrupt. Maybe bait Veronica with Altina where the accessory shop is. Not sure...

I hate when I run into that map, regardless of which enemies are on it. >_<

I finally got enough dew to give Hawkeye his refine and I also got him to +3 as well as 4 dragonflowers. This is as much as I can do for him right now though. But hopefully he'll be a little more helpful in AR next time I try him there when I also give him the Distant Def seal.

89440092-3-E62-404-A-9-F0-D-FD60-E2-C6-A
62333019-8-B0-B-403-E-9859-A8-E4-BFAC10-

I am incredibly happy with this. Yesterday I finished the Hm farm and heroic ordeals for Ced(pulse smoke) and Byleth(ruptured sky, fury 4 and wrath as a bonus) I think most people can understand why Corrin has this exact skill set and stat spread. 

Byleth was a random 5 star on a banner and Ced was a last ditch yolo pull. 

I currently have Feh Pass, mostly because it gives me an extra 6000 feather because of Lyn. If I ditch the pass I can give spd/def 2 to Corrin instead of Distant Guard.

@Anacybele, Can you see why Corrin has these skills(wrath is usually a link skill, that one is not important) and could you not forget to make an in depth reply on my previous posts?

3 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Can you see why Corrin has these skills(wrath is usually a link skill, that one is not important) and could you not forget to make an in depth reply on my previous posts?

If I'm recalling what things have been said here in the past about male Corrin being used in AR... I think that Fury 4 is to boost his stats high enough to soak up Chill skills and stuff? And Drive Spd is obviously for buffing allies. That's all I can think of here.

And which post was that again? I'm not good at making in depth responses though... Most of the time anyway.

Just wondering, is my  AR defense map toxic? I've had quite a lot of success with it so far. (4/5 victories in tier 16 this season)

[Deleted to make space.]

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Just wondering, is my  AR defense map toxic? I've had quite a lot of success with it so far. (4/5 victories in tier 16 this season)

I wouldn't call it toxic, no. Is that what you were going for?

I guess it also depends on how you define toxic. "Toxic" maps usually have one or more of the following:

• Space oppression: Placing your units & buildings in a way that makes it difficult for the enemy to approach, and makes their life painful when they do.
  • Rally/Restore trap: Using a unit to Rally, and then get Refreshed, to extend their threat range beyond where it was originally. Particularly with Legendary Azura, and more so Rally traps than Restore traps.
  • Warp Chains: Guidance, "Orders" effects (Air/Ground Orders, or Gentle Dream), and even Wings of Mercy, to an extent.
  • Infantry Pulse: Pretty self-explanatory.
  • Excessive amounts of Firesweep: Also pretty self-explanatory.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by LordFrigid

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I wouldn't call it toxic, no. Is that what you were going for?

I am going for NOT toxic. I just wanted to make sure, since I'm super casual and don't really care about rankings. 

I got my hands on a Brave Lucina! Just as recommended. I'm thinking I should have her support Christmas Sothis and the rest of my Astra squad though, rather than Brave Ike and the Light guys since I'm still struggling more in Astra season.

This Lucina is +HP, -Res, btw. If that means anything. But I don't think it will.