Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

First lose of the week, and @mampfoid is now over me in rank (no more #1 in my friend list :’( hahaha)

Built the Feh statue and the lamp. Waiting for the last one. I need to figure how to make my defense map more complicated. If only I had some Draugs...

Surprisingly I didn't loose any unit today. Missed enough extra Aether for another run though. 

I'm not very motivated to build a good defense map, only one defeat will reduce my lift anyway. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

@mampfoid one currency to rule them all XD

But i would kill for a system to manipulate all my coins in the game, say i want to trade x for y ...Kind of a market controlled by IS (they could even charge real money for the currency the player want or something)

Everyone would trade the (mostly) useless stuff for orbs, dew and to a lesser degree Grails and feathers. 

I wouldn't mind to transform all my crystals into orbs ... 1:1 exchange of course. ^^' 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Everyone would trade the (mostly) useless stuff for orbs, dew and to a lesser degree Grails and feathers. 

I wouldn't mind to transform all my crystals into orbs ... 1:1 exchange of course. ^^' 

With a controlled market orbs would be the top of the list, so to trade for them would require a lot of stuff...But it would give the player the choice at least, and not let some stuff creating mold in a dark corner of the inventory. =/

Edited by Eilanzer

Haha, having gained the golden throne I'm now already completely checked out from the mode and I am getting sloppy because of it. Good thing I really don't care since I hate the mode, but the difference is very much noticeable.

As for defense, I'm going for a "My team is gonna attack you and suicide into you before you can get both Aether reserves and hopefully take out one or two of your team while they are at it" on the obviously broken spring whatever map (like everyone). Not sure if Reinhardt, Maribelle, Veronica and dancer (Young Azura this season) is the right approach, but trying for defense wins is kinda pointless. Griefing would be enough for me.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Wow, I just lost my first match because I forgot that my Sonya has no AOE equiped. Classic.

But I don't mind much. I can stall a bit until I get over 4k So if I get 1 def lose less because of that it is ok. 

Also nice of them to give us this many Stones. xD

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

aether raid bonuses, that's nice.
i had to laugh when it said "Kills with staff" hahaha. not everyone has veronica, Game.

Priscilla has decent damage output, though. Also, you can go to Training Tower Stratum 1 xd

both arrempts against my def Team got destroyed. 1. Team was equal on bonus stats from the Fortress but got abbihilated by Veronica Elise Dreamzura and Aversa because they had no real answer with Summer Takumi, Leg Ike, Perri and Veronica.

The 2. Team got destroyd, like mass murder. no bonus building for stat boosts (they ran out of stones i guess), no upgraded attack fortress = 8 stat difference for my def team. Veronic one shot their Veronica (hail to atk/spd solo), killed their Owain while Elise proceeded to annihilate Dreamzura and Odin. Needless to say that +10 Odin with refine and double link was useless because Aversa was the panic queen

Ahahaha I really shouldn't play Raids when I'm tired. Doesn't help that Corrin doesn't mesh with my game plan at all (I mean, I knew she wasn't mobile, but the problem is that everyone who works nicely with her also isn't mobile). My 5 games were one long ass chain of fuck-ups. Actually had 3 units die on me---2 in one match, even---because of how much I messed up.

Ended up settling on a tri-color defensive unit team instead of the kind of team I usually run---I have a feeling I'll be busy this week, hence why I tried playing when I'm tired at all---so I'll just skip the pots unless it's hilariously convenient.

On the plus side my 3 units lost landed me at exactly 4k, and it looks like you need 4001 to start losing lift from defense losses.

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am actually thinking of building 3 Additional +10 merged Azamas. but then again no offense doesnt mean much threat. atm elise and veronica are doing a hood job together with a dancer. they both also run restore.

Also thinking about fielding my +10 Sonya with an inf pulse team for AoE madness as defense

How's their HP? I'm fielding Clarine for Def Team, and I gave her some extra HP stuff to make sure she doesn't get hit by Tactics Room or Panic Manor. I'll put up a picture of my map when I get home.

Oh, and man oh man are ornaments the new secret sauce. Since normal structures like Healing Tower, etc can be broken by Catapult, you can just set ornaments in key locations that need to be intact at the start (like, to prevent your dancer from being baited). I'm still 4/5 on placing defensive structures so my map isn't as cluttered as it could be, but I've had great results before I even set the ornaments.

I screwed up royally on my first run of the season and let myself get timed out trying to go for aether pots. Didn't realize the seventh turn ends on the player phase. Derp.

The event is weird, I was thinking at first it was an opportunity to get a bunch more resources, but I guess not.

I'm about to give up on building a good defense team. I spent like 3 hours today trying to come up with something but I think I just don't have the key units for making a challenging one. No good ranged horses, my Veronica is just the basic free one and most of my Pain healers don't have Wrathful since I've never pulled a Genny. I could make a decent team of layered threat ranges if I could use a tight formation, but anyone with an Aversa or good mixed DC tank easily beats it. Meanwhile, a spread out tactics team was easy to pick off.

I tried a team of Ethlyn (Pain build, but only dazzle), Veronica, BLyn (basic build) and a dancer to emulate the team I lost to before, but I got 2 quick failure replays since my units are too weak to pull it off. Nothing compared to the whale +10 Atk/Spd solo healers and Firesweep Lyn I encountered myself. They made a nasty team, but I need something totally different with what I have.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm about to give up on building a good defense team. I spent like 3 hours today trying to come up with something but I think I just don't have the key units for making a challenging one. No good ranged horses, my Veronica is just the basic free one and most of my Pain healers don't have Wrathful since I've never pulled a Genny. I could make a decent team of layered threat ranges if I could use a tight formation, but anyone with an Aversa or good mixed DC tank easily beats it. Meanwhile, a spread out tactics team was easy to pick off.

I tried a team of Ethlyn (Pain build, but only dazzle), Veronica, BLyn (basic build) and a dancer to emulate the team I lost to before, but I got 2 quick failure replays since my units are too weak to pull it off. Nothing compared to the whale +10 Atk/Spd solo healers and Firesweep Lyn I encountered myself. They made a nasty team, but I need something totally different with what I have.

For what it's worth, my Def team has Clarine with Fear+, no Wrathful, though I'm sure I'd get better results with stronger staves. A key point to my setup is that there's no way to approach without having her attack, and then Ursula will use Draw Back and then get danced. I'll put up a picture when I get home, it might give you some ideas.

By the way, I'm pretty sure after next season, the bonus structure will be Panic Manor, since it seems like they're just going down the list. After I build the Healing Tower (O) for next week, I'll be holding onto my stones just in case and I'd advise anyone else to do the same.

So far my defense team is doing alright, they anihilated one guy and managed to kill 1 unit from another. The event stuff will surely come in handy to ensure the AI doesn't move in annoying ways. 

For offense, well...I got destroyed by a team full of horses on the desert map (I need to check the maps before battling) and then lost 2 units to a L!Lucina+Axura comp. The good news is that Micaiah is proving her worth by OHKOing every horse/armor that shows in front of her, WT be damned.

I think I'll hold off on going to 4k Lift. I'll get to 3900 tomorrow and don't play even if I have aether for another run. Then the day after I can do my free run scoring 80 Lift to get to 3980, so I don't lose Lift on defense yet. Then on the 3rd day I should have my aether almos full and I can have a bigger gap from 4000 to start losing Lift daily.

Is this a viable strategy or I'd be doing a stupid thing?

50 minutes ago, Johann said:

For what it's worth, my Def team has Clarine with Fear+, no Wrathful, though I'm sure I'd get better results with stronger staves. A key point to my setup is that there's no way to approach without having her attack, and then Ursula will use Draw Back and then get danced. I'll put up a picture when I get home, it might give you some ideas.

By the way, I'm pretty sure after next season, the bonus structure will be Panic Manor, since it seems like they're just going down the list. After I build the Healing Tower (O) for next week, I'll be holding onto my stones just in case and I'd advise anyone else to do the same.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've currently tried to set up another cav team but it really hinges on my Peri not getting taken out, since Veronica and Ethlyn aren't going to wipe a team on their own.

I wonder if we'll get any more aether stones from quests or such in the future. I hope so, since I made a couple bad buys and now I've got to skip out on buying the bonus structures for a couple seasons if I want to save for the extra team slots. I'll have just enough for a new slot by the end of this week if I don't make anything else.

Edited by Alkaid

1 hour ago, Johann said:

How's their HP? I'm fielding Clarine for Def Team, and I gave her some extra HP stuff to make sure she doesn't get hit by Tactics Room or Panic Manor. I'll put up a picture of my map when I get home.

Oh, and man oh man are ornaments the new secret sauce. Since normal structures like Healing Tower, etc can be broken by Catapult, you can just set ornaments in key locations that need to be intact at the start (like, to prevent your dancer from being baited). I'm still 4/5 on placing defensive structures so my map isn't as cluttered as it could be, but I've had great results before I even set the ornaments.

well they can be panicked, but they dont have buffs. and the Dancer cant be baited, basicly its a trifecta of being fucked up when you bait them. Because Dreamzura Veronica and Elise cover all the same range, and if you bait them a the wrong space Veronica will charge in with atk/spd solo and will immidiatly get danced to kill the next target. The only safe bet to bait them is with a unit that runs 50 res+ or you make your way to the upper right corner, but that costs you 2 turns to do so and then another 2 turns to actually destroy the stuff safe before you can clear the way. And if you do that while you debuff my Team their Miracle counters will go down to ready because of Restore+.

Also Dreamzura gains +13 to all stats and +10 HP (+4 bonus, +5 from A Bond skill and Bond sacred seal and 4 for being adjacent to in this case Veronica) and has Close defense 2 from Veronica on top.

I have only been able to clear my own map with my +10 Clair running double distant def and Marth support. well its easier with a dancer. I have to say my map is impossible to clear without any losses if you dont use a dancer. (unless as said Clair +10 or something with +50 RES)

Edited by Hilda

4 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I think I'll hold off on going to 4k Lift. I'll get to 3900 tomorrow and don't play even if I have aether for another run. Then the day after I can do my free run scoring 80 Lift to get to 3980, so I don't lose Lift on defense yet. Then on the 3rd day I should have my aether almos full and I can have a bigger gap from 4000 to start losing Lift daily.

As long as it doesn't result you in being short on aether for a final run at the end of the season. The higher your cost per battle, the more benefit you get out of the free runs, but it may not even matter. If this allows you to delay lift loss for 2 days from defense battles, the extra run you would have gotten had you not waited would have resulted in less lift than you saved anyway. Of course, it all depends on if you were to lose defense battles or even get attacked at all in those 2 days. Personally, I'm waiting another day at 3980 lift myself. Scoring may be a bit up to chance now that you can lose points. Some days I had 5+ defense battles and others I didn't get a single one, so who knows.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

It's worth considering that the further the day goes on, the less likely you'll see a defense fight, since people can only do so many fights a day. Odds are, most Def results you'll see are in the morning, so if you do runs later in the day, it should be safer. I don't know if a defense loss from when you were under 4k will carry the "score will not be affected for the next 20 hours" condition over, but generally speaking its in your best interest to use all your Aether in a given day. It's worth considering that you can earn Lift from a win once you're over 4k, it would seem.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I wonder if we'll get any more aether stones from quests or such in the future. I hope so, since I made a couple bad buys and now I've got to skip out on buying the bonus structures for a couple seasons if I want to save for the extra team slots. I'll have just enough for a new slot by the end of this week if I don't make anything else.

Yeah, we're at a real point of opportunity cost. I'm hoping someone spends stones on extra unit slots soon so we can determine if/how that affects score, since Def Team formation always lists "Defense Lift Lost -80", suggesting that extra units may increase that value. With all of the possible structures and extra units, I can't begin to imagine how crazy some of these maps are going to look.

I decided to use my full Aether energy tonight since I had some good energy left after work. There was some tough matches, so I'm glad I didn't go into them half focused on a lunch break or something. My defence team is doing quite well too, though I think I'll just leave reviewing the matches for later. I can bolster my defences with the event items.

I hope we get some additional grails through quests or something, I was doing some calculations and it looks it'll take me another three weeks or so to get another BK merge.

On 17/11/2018 at 7:21 AM, Hilda said:

God dammit this skill switching forth and back is tiresome. Can we also have a lock for offensiv Teams? It realky is bothering me to chanfmge the skills back and forth between Arena, PvE and now Aether Raids. Fucking Logistic nightmare.

Or better yet just allow to change skilks point blank

I agree with this. Today I did arena assault and did not realize H!Micaiah was unequipped because yesterday I disarmed her for aether raid defense team because she keeps on killing herself instead of dancing. I ended up not retaliating against A!Azura. Granted it did not cost me the match but it could have screwed me over if the match was different. That was also my second last run in arena assault and boy would I be mad if I blew it up on the 6th round because this week, I've been failing arena assault hard.