Jump to content
redlight

Aether Raids General Thread

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Have you practiced using them?

You also do not need a Firesweep archer. I have just mentioned Dazzling Staff-Warthful Staff as an alternative.

You cannot afford to waste time waiting for stall teams to come to you, and a super tank team simply does not have the damage output necessary to take them out quickly.

Yes, I have tried.

Sure I can. Super tank teams have worked better for me in AR than any other team type.

My only good Wrathful-Dazzle staff unit is a +1 +Spd Elise. But 42 Atk seems low if you think super tanks can't do enough damage.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure I can. Super tank teams have worked better for me in AR than any other team type.

They cannot be the only team you use, and I do not want the game to massively cater to Enemy Phase teams either, so I am fine with the current turn limit, although I would not mind them giving us 7th turn's Enemy Phase. You eventually have to switch strategies if you wish to win against stall teams consistently.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My only good Wrathful-Dazzle staff unit is a +1 +Spd Elise. But 42 Atk seems low if you think super tanks can't do enough damage.

That is why you run 3 nukes. Firesweep nukes are not the only type of nukes you run.

Firesweep nukes are there to deal chip damage to help raw damage nukes like Blade mages to finish off an enemy. Firesweepers are also there to handle problematic units with Vantage and Miracle who would other wise kill a regular nuke. And with 2 Dancers/Singers on the team there is more than enough time for a Firesweepers to kill a Vantage unit.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But 42 Atk seems low if you think super tanks can't do enough damage.

You run Pain, you run buffs, and you give her Attack +3 on her A slot and Sacred Seal Slot. There is no reason why she could not reach 50+ Atk even with minimal investment.

If you can build BH!Ike properly, there is no reason why you cannot build other units properly if you show them even a tenth of the dedication you show to Ike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XRay said:

They cannot be the only team you use, and I do not want the game to massively cater to Enemy Phase teams either, so I am fine with the current turn limit, although I would not mind them giving us 7th turn's Enemy Phase. You eventually have to switch strategies if you wish to win against stall teams consistently.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the seventh turn doesn't have an enemy phase either.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is why you run 3 nukes. Firesweep nukes are not the only type of nukes you run.

Firesweep nukes are there to deal chip damage to help raw damage nukes like Blade mages to finish off an enemy. Firesweepers are also there to handle problematic units with Vantage and Miracle who would other wise kill a regular nuke. And with 2 Dancers/Singers on the team there is more than enough time for a Firesweepers to kill a Vantage unit.

Fair enough, I guess, but I still can't get a Firesweep nuke right now.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

You run Pain, you run buffs, and you give her Attack +3 on her A slot and Sacred Seal Slot. There is no reason why she could not reach 50+ Atk even with minimal investment.

If you can build BH!Ike properly, there is no reason why you cannot build other units properly if you show them even a tenth of the dedication you show to Ike.

Ike is my favorite character though. That's different. I'm not going to be willing to put in as much investment into a character I don't care about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fair enough, I guess, but I still can't get a Firesweep nuke right now.

You literally have Elise.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ike is my favorite character though. That's different. I'm not going to be willing to put in as much investment into a character I don't care about.

You have Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff on Elise already, so that is like 99% of the work done. All you have to do is to simply complete the build with two Attack+3s, Pain, and run buffs on your Dancers/Singers, which should not be that expensive.

I am not asking you to show favoritism to other units. I want you to stop neglecting other units. Player Phase units also do not need a lot of investment to work well; as long as you put in the minimal effort to give them a complete build, they will be more than fine. Just make sure to practice with them.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, XRay said:

You literally have Elise.

...She isn't an archer. I'm talking about a Firesweep archer, like you'd mentioned before. You said I'd need more than one nuke and I don't have that.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

You have Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff on Elise already, so that is like 99% of the work done. All you have to do is to simply complete the build with two Attack+3s, Pain, and run buffs on your Dancers/Singers, which should not be that expensive.

I am not asking you to show favoritism to other units. I want you to stop neglecting other units. Player Phase units also do not need a lot of investment to work well; as long as you put in the minimal effort to give them a complete build, they will be more than fine. Just make sure to practice with them.

Alright then, that's more fair. I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anacybele said:

...She isn't an archer. I'm talking about a Firesweep archer, like you'd mentioned before. You said I'd need more than one nuke and I don't have that.

You ideally want 1 Firesweeper. That Firesweeper can be either a Firesweep archer OR a Dazzling-Wrathful Pain staffer. Dazzling-Wrathful functions similarly to Firesweep archers. Firesweep archers are better overall since they have access to Reposition, but Pain users are better against armor stall teams since they have higher area of effect damage, and Reposition does not really help against armor stall teams since amors' mobility is already crap.

The other two nukes should NOT be Firesweepers. I recommend running a Galeforcer and a raw damage nuke. If you do not have a Galeforcer, then just run two raw damage nukes.

Raw damage nukes are nukes like Blade mages, Brave archers, Blazing nukes, etc. They are basically nukes that specializes in dealing as much damage as possible, which should be most nukes.

Galeforcers do not have the raw damage output nor the ability to deal with problematic enemies, but they have the ability act again, so they are functionally 2 units. This allows a Player Phase team to win a battle of attrition against a defense team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I still think the turn limit needs to be increased or removed. I lose more often because I don't have enough turns than because everyone dies. It's stupid. I'd win far more matches if I just had one or two more turns.

stay in T21 and be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, XRay said:

You ideally want 1 Firesweeper. That Firesweeper can be either a Firesweep archer OR a Dazzling-Wrathful Pain staffer. Dazzling-Wrathful functions similarly to Firesweep archers. Firesweep archers are better overall since they have access to Reposition, but Pain users are better against armor stall teams since they have higher area of effect damage, and Reposition does not really help against armor stall teams since amors' mobility is already crap.

The other two nukes should NOT be Firesweepers. I recommend running a Galeforcer and a raw damage nuke. If you do not have a Galeforcer, then just run two raw damage nukes.

Raw damage nukes are nukes like Blade mages, Brave archers, Blazing nukes, etc. They are basically nukes that specializes in dealing as much damage as possible, which should be most nukes.

Galeforcers do not have the raw damage output nor the ability to deal with problematic enemies, but they have the ability act again, so they are functionally 2 units. This allows a Player Phase team to win a battle of attrition against a defense team.

Oh okay, I see now. I do like Elise anyway, she's my favorite little sister healer behind Mist.

My main/best Galeforcer is Cordelia, especially now that she has her Resplendent buff. Would she do?

And my blade mages are regular Nino (though I don't care much for her) and Summer Corrin (I do think she's cute, even if her damage art is wtf). My main brave bow wielder is +10 Klein with his prf which is just a stronger brave bow.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My main/best Galeforcer is Cordelia, especially now that she has her Resplendent buff. Would she do?

Yes, she would work well. She is also my Galeforcer, so I can vouch for her performance. You will want the following build:
+Atk/Spd
Slaying Lance [Spd]
Reposition
Galeforce
Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C)
Heavy Blade
Both +Atk and +Spd are fine I think. I have +Atk, but I lean more towards +Spd now. +Atk sometimes kills a squishy unit in one shot which will prevent her from activating Galeforce. If you do not have her at +10 though, then I would still recommend +Atk to make sure she can activating Heavy Blade consistently.

For other options, there is also Eliwood (with Blazing Durandal) since he is pretty cheap to merge. If you have Tibarn or BH!Roy, they will also work and they should be a little less dependent on merges I think.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And my blade mages are regular Nino (though I don't care much for her) and Summer Corrin (I do think she's cute, even if her damage art is wtf).

Either is fine. I lean towards Nino since she does not share a color with Cordelia. If you want to run Nohrian Summer F!Corrin, I recommend switching Cordelia to someone else of a different color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, XRay said:

+Atk/Spd
Slaying Lance [Spd]
Reposition
Galeforce
Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C)
Heavy Blade
Both +Atk and +Spd are fine I think. I have +Atk, but I lean more towards +Spd now. +Atk sometimes kills a squishy unit in one shot which will prevent her from activating Galeforce. If you do not have her at +10 though, then I would still recommend +Atk to make sure she can activating Heavy Blade consistently.

I can't do a build around her prf? I like that weapon... I did have slaying lance on her previously, though, so she can still switch back.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Either is fine. I lean towards Nino since she does not share a color with Cordelia. If you want to run Nohrian Summer F!Corrin, I recommend switching Cordelia to someone else of a different color.

Yeah, that's fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't do a build around her prf? I like that weapon... I did have slaying lance on her previously, though, so she can still switch back.

If you use her exclusive Weapon, she will not be able to do Galeforce during every round of combat. Galeforce has 5 cooldown and Slaying Lance reduces that to 4 cooldown, so Heavy Blade on the Sacred Seal slot will activate her Galeforce immediately after her first round of combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you use her exclusive Weapon, she will not be able to do Galeforce during every round of combat. Galeforce has 5 cooldown and Slaying Lance reduces that to 4 cooldown, so Heavy Blade on the Sacred Seal slot will activate her Galeforce immediately after her first round of combat.

Surely there's some other set of skills that can go with her prf then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Surely there's some other set of skills that can go with her prf then.

She would not be a Galeforcer if she runs something else. Just because she has an exclusive Weapons does not mean she should run it if it does not help her role as a Galeforcer. If you want Soren to be your raw damage nuke for example, there is no reason to run his exclusive Weapon when it cannot do what Gronnblade does.

You can try Heavy Blade on the A slot and Quickened Pulse on the Sacred Seal slot to activate Galeforce, but it is much less reliable and she would not be able to activate Galeforce after every round of combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XRay said:

She would not be a Galeforcer if she runs something else. Just because she has an exclusive Weapons does not mean she should run it if it does not help her role as a Galeforcer. If you want Soren to be your raw damage nuke for example, there is no reason to run his exclusive Weapon when it cannot do what Gronnblade does.

You can try Heavy Blade on the A slot and Quickened Pulse on the Sacred Seal slot to activate Galeforce, but it is much less reliable and she would not be able to activate Galeforce after every round of combat.

Then I guess I'm not using her as a Galeforcer. I'll change her special at some point. I like her prf weapon better than slaying lance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I guess I'm not using her as a Galeforcer. I'll change her special at some point. I like her prf weapon better than slaying lance.

It is not about liking something or not. It is about what is effective. It is your choice to choose between having an easier time in Aether Raids or having a more difficult time in Aether Raids.

There is a time and place to using your favorites. You can build Cordelia however you want elsewhere with no regard to her effectiveness, but Aether Raids is not one of those places if you want an easier time.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XRay said:

It is not about liking something or not. It is about what is effective. It is your choice to choose between having an easier time in Aether Raids or having a more difficult time in Aether Raids.

There is a time and place to using your favorites. You can build Cordelia however you want elsewhere with no regard to her effectiveness, but Aether Raids is not one of those places if you want an easier time.

I can just pick another Galeforcer to use in AR, why wouldn't I be able to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So atk+3 for Elise is too much effort, but building a completely new galeforcer is an easy to make option? 

 

Your choices regarding characters are as baffling as your skill in AR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

So atk+3 for Elise is too much effort, but building a completely new galeforcer is an easy to make option? 

 

Your choices regarding characters are as baffling as your skill in AR.

I'm really trying not to be that guy, but could you stop being so Vicious, Sal?

Edited by Zeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I can just pick another Galeforcer to use in AR, why wouldn't I be able to?

Cordelia is a easy, strong and cheap Galeforce unit. She already has the skill, so it already saves 20k feathers. And for Feh Pass players, she is a 37/37 unit, which is great!

She is one of the best candidates for Galeforce, and unless you use Velouria to reduce her special at start of turn, Slaying Lance is the better weapon for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Cordelia is a easy, strong and cheap Galeforce unit. She already has the skill, so it already saves 20k feathers. And for Feh Pass players, she is a 37/37 unit, which is great!

She is one of the best candidates for Galeforce, and unless you use Velouria to reduce her special at start of turn, Slaying Lance is the better weapon for her.

Well, I do have Velouria. But I guess I could also just keep two sets on Cordelia, one for AR and one for everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I do have Velouria. But I guess I could also just keep two sets on Cordelia, one for AR and one for everything else.

Almost all the players I know do that. Multiple sets for multiple occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I can just pick another Galeforcer to use in AR, why wouldn't I be able to?

You can, but you already got most of the skills on Cordelia, and she is probably the best blue flier Galeforce option.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I do have Velouria. But I guess I could also just keep two sets on Cordelia, one for AR and one for everything else.

That is what I do too. I use her exclusive Weapon for Arena cause it scores higher, but I switch back to her performance skill set with Slaying Lance afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oof. This week has been terrible so far. I've lost all my Escape Ladders already...

Against some of these teams, there's simply been nothing my standard team can do. Nino's always been good at taking enemies to pieces, but it looks like the latest wave of powercreep is finally starting to close down the defensive build that I've been running on her. Between Larcei, Ced, Lysithea and Duo Alm, I'm just not in a position to compete anymore.

I probably won't drop out of Tier 21 - there are still plenty of vulnerable defence maps out there, and I have defence Mythics for both seasons now, so any win covers a large chunk of defence losses - but my lazy strategy isn't going to let me push close to T25/26 anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, XRay said:

You can, but you already got most of the skills on Cordelia, and she is probably the best blue flier Galeforce option.

That is what I do too. I use her exclusive Weapon for Arena cause it scores higher, but I switch back to her performance skill set with Slaying Lance afterwards.

Alright, that all sounds good then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seafarer said:

but it looks like the latest wave of powercreep is finally starting to close down the defensive build that I've been running on her.

I get the vibe. I had three seasons in a row at T14/15 where I hadn't lost a defense map, then NY! Selkie showed up and on THREE SEPERATE OCCASIONS soloed my defense map without any damage. Even with a -4 to all stats and my units having +4 to all their stats.

I'm probably gonna have ti replace L'Arachel with someone else son, since 47 speed just isn't enough to double everything anymore with Hecking Larcei destroying everything in sight. After I went to all of that trouble getting her life and death 4...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...