Jump to content
redlight

Aether Raids General Thread

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Landmaster said:

My Defense was awful this week since I was basically memeing instead of using my real one~ Despite that, I somehow still managed T26, just barely. Just too many matches where I couldn't use Annette. T27 may have been possible if I could have used her more but I'll probably have to give up on that~

Bright side is, she did well in most of the matches where I did use her. And Sophia has a 100% success rate so far, too~ So nice in that regard~

Good luck, hope you can get that throne!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I can tell you right now that that is a Golden Throne =]

I certainly hope so! I am just worried that the influx of Altinas make it easier for other players to match my score and knock me down.

— — — — — — —

Three hours left and I am rank Rank 1,576. It does look like a Gold Throne! Still in Tier 27 too! Yay!

Thank Naga that Kronya was the bonus unit!

— — — — — — —

Got kicked out of Tier 27 into Tier 26, but I placed 1,900s something last time I checked, so I think that is a Gold Throne. Feels like it is cutting it close, but I hope I get that Gold Throne! Cannot wait to confirm my rank once the maintenance is over.

I guess if I plan to rank again, I think will go with semi cav line for the first two days, and then switch over to Lift loss mitigation for the rest of the week.

— — — — — — —

I got it!

2QtAe6y.png

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

A8-EC219-E-5-E47-4012-9-E53-16-E65-DF62-
3-DE2-EB0-F-1-AC7-453-C-89-BA-61532-E1-E

Feels so good to have this as a first match of the week. 

When even your support unit is able to carry, while soaking chills from units and structures.

Edited by Vicious Sal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was gonna double up, wasted a ladder, and had to take a match with 3 losses~

Already emotionally checking out of this Season, see you in Astra~

On 3/30/2020 at 10:38 AM, XRay said:

I got it!

2QtAe6y.png

Congrats!! Really happy for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got hit twice today. I was a little worried that players might have trouble with defeating Camilla harem since I did not take off their Weapons, but my worry was unfounded. Players quickly got both Aether Structures and defeated all my Camillas.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Congrats!! Really happy for you!

Thanks! It was a long journey, but after a year of Aether Raids, I finally made it.

If Kronya is still bonus unit next week, I think I will give it another shot at another Gold Throne. Kronya is not often a bonus unit.

With no more pressure to do well in terms of performance, I am just trying to think of funny and entertaining defense teams for the remaining 3 defense slots. I want to give players something a little extra on top of the free win. I only have Camilla harem right now as a temporary idea. I think I might try an immolation theme (got Sigurd, all three Gunnthrás, and both Floras).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes, two weeks in a row that I lost ladders and lost again.

My grails income is going to take a hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 3:39 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

Bramimond in AR will be so fun, guys!

 

Almost noone uses Dragons anymore in AR. I rarely see some in Light/Dark season, but barely any, because the Defensiv fields are field with Dragon effectiveness or Heavens rend etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a little over 6 months of play, I was finally able to do this...

aZdMeCIm.png

It's just such a relief. Although my Dark defense team usually got under 100 lift loss per season, my Anima team needs the help, usually getting between 100-200 lift loss per season. Speaking of Anima, here was my very first match after upgrading to level 5+1......

8lcC0Dkm.png 

Feels good. I don't think my defense has ever gotten 5 kills before 😁 And it wasn't even a scrub team, lots of high merges

On the offense side, I was able to get top 3k for the second time I think. Didn't think I would make it due to losing a few pots during the week, but I pulled off T27 on the last match of the season. I wish I had enough Astra blessing to move Kronya and H!Hector over from Light this week.... 

aPAIuGjm.png

Edited by TEKWRX
pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TEKWRX Congrats Tek!! Glad you are finally out of new player hell for AR! Now we can build you an infantry pulse defense team. Also congrats on your second gold throne!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Maaka. I actually have an IP team started on Dark with just a single IP user (Silvia), so I'd need a second IP user to make it really effective I think. Not sure if I want to spend the grails on the fodder, because my Birb team has been doing pretty good. I want to see how they do with the new Fortress level before I commit any resources.

Speaking of grails, I have over 600 saved up and not sure what I should prioritize. Arena? AR-D? Final Kronya merge? (Kronya kinda makes sense this week to help scoring because she's my Arena bonus unit. But 400 grails hurts for +1 Def & Res that she really doesn't need...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

After a little over 6 months of play, I was finally able to do this...

Nice! Getting a Gold Throne before getting Fortress (O) to level 5 is definitely impressive though!

7 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Final Kronya merge? (Kronya kinda makes sense this week to help scoring because she's my Arena bonus unit. But 400 grails hurts for +1 Def & Res that she really doesn't need...)

I would just wait for them release another copy as a quest reward or something since the last merge is not too important as you already got the last boost in Atk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would just wait for them release another copy as a quest reward or something since the last merge is not too important as you already got the last boost in Atk.

Not all GHB will be included. Like Kronya or Cynthia.

 

All ladders lost, this is totaly not because we not have a dancer mythic and have shitty melee mythics with barely any supports from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nym said:

Not all GHB will be included. Like Kronya or Cynthia.

While those are not getting one in the upcoming quest rewards, they might get released additional copies in future quest rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XRay said:

While those are not getting one in the upcoming quest rewards, they might get released additional copies in future quest rewards.

I don't think so, the golden week rerun was the only rerun we had of GHB who already had their rerun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nym said:

I don't think so, the golden week rerun was the only rerun we had of GHB who already had their rerun.

GHBs do not often get rewarded outside of their initial run (3 copies) and rerun (1 quest reward), but they do sometimes get rewarded with additional reruns, having a new difficulty level being released (Abyssal for the first wave of GHBs), or some other random ways (Heroes' Path for Xander). While we cannot reliably count on the game to give us more copies outside of the guaranteed 4, we can expect more copies down the line eventually, and I think it is best to plan our resources around that possibility than to immediately spend our Grails to +10 something, especially if the last few merges are not super crucial to performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XRay said:

GHBs do not often get rewarded outside of their initial run (3 copies) and rerun (1 quest reward), but they do sometimes get rewarded with additional reruns, having a new difficulty level being released (Abyssal for the first wave of GHBs), or some other random ways (Heroes' Path for Xander). While we cannot reliably count on the game to give us more copies outside of the guaranteed 4, we can expect more copies down the line eventually, and I think it is best to plan our resources around that possibility than to immediately spend our Grails to +10 something, especially if the last few merges are not super crucial to performance.

I really doubt IS would give another after their rerun of the golden week rerun.

I would prefer to play in Light and suffer in Astra rather than wait for the possible change I can get one copy for free. If I'm wrong, then screw me I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nym said:

I really doubt IS would give another after their rerun of the golden week rerun.

I would prefer to play in Light and suffer in Astra rather than wait for the possible change I can get one copy for free. If I'm wrong, then screw me I guess.

Once you get a unit to +7 or +8 and got full Dragonflowers, the stats from the last few merges from +9 and +10 generally does not make much of difference. For a Counter-Vantage unit like Kronya, I have her at +7 and have not encountered any situation where missing the last point in Atk from +9 would have made a difference. When Kronya misses a kill, it is generally by a much larger margin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Once you get a unit to +7 or +8 and got full Dragonflowers, the stats from the last few merges from +9 and +10 generally does not make much of difference. For a Counter-Vantage unit like Kronya, I have her at +7 and have not encountered any situation where missing the last point in Atk from +9 would have made a difference. When Kronya misses a kill, it is generally by a much larger margin.

Maybe for Kronya (I both regret and am relieved I am not using her right now). But for others, every stat matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nym said:

Maybe for Kronya (I both regret and am relieved I am not using her right now). But for others, every stat matter.

For super tanks, yeah, but given the price for those last few merges, I am not sure if it is worth it and I am not sure if it will make that much of a difference. I do not think I remember a situation where my Sharena or Kronya survived by like 1 or 2 HP.

For just regular tanks who are not going to put in situations as demanding as super tanks, I do not think it is that necessary either.

For Player Phase units, it is absolutely unnecessary to get the last few merges. If Player Phase units can cheap out on A skills, they can afford to cheap out on a few merges too.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucked up and missed my third Aether Structure today. Damn it. Oh well.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'll build Iago for my future Infantry Pulse team. 
Iago, Sylvia and Ophelia with IP, Kagero to get all those 3 IPs for turn 1 Glacies, Duma and Thrasir as Mythics.
Iago and Sylvia will probably use 2 CD specials. If I figure positioning right, that team can do some nasty stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rinco said:

I think I'll build Iago for my future Infantry Pulse team. 
Iago, Sylvia and Ophelia with IP, Kagero to get all those 3 IPs for turn 1 Glacies, Duma and Thrasir as Mythics.
Iago and Sylvia will probably use 2 CD specials. If I figure positioning right, that team can do some nasty stuff.

Actually Thrasir could be threatening with an ready to go AoE too, at least for 1 opponent, because it automaticly ticks of all her conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Actually Thrasir could be threatening with an ready to go AoE too, at least for 1 opponent, because it automaticly ticks of all her conditions.

Yeah, that would be cool!

I'm thinking on Galeforce + Boots Seal on Duma. With Bold Fighter he can proc GF and that would make everyone be a huge threat. Sylvia will prolly have a Firesweep to have an aditional coverage against Vantage.

Iago just got built. I went with Sudden Panic on his B slot to keep the Panic effect every turn and maybe throw off someone who doesn't check him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...