Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Yeah, that would be cool!

I'm thinking on Galeforce + Boots Seal on Duma. With Bold Fighter he can proc GF and that would make everyone be a huge threat. Sylvia will prolly have a Firesweep to have an aditional coverage against Vantage.

Iago just got built. I went with Sudden Panic on his B slot to keep the Panic effect every turn and maybe throw off someone who doesn't check him

not sure how viable Sudden panic is on him, but at least on odd turns you are guaranteed to proc a debuff on the enemy assuming you meet the HP conditions. So the only way for a supertank to tank without any debuffs is on even turns, which means a supertank need at least one unit adjecent to him to avoid debuffs, so higher probability to snipe.

This could synergize well with either Bramimond or Thrasir. Tough i woudl say more with Bramimond, because he can have a Dark Mythic sidekick additionaly that can cover half the screen with debuffs (Yune). Iago Bramimond + Yune together could make it near impossible to dodge debuffs.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first and only time ever:

lo8OlW7.png?1

coTE4f6.png?1

Not a single point lost on Defense means I get T27 for the first time ever! A perfect Defense week and T27 knocks out two goals of mine with one stone~

All thanks to this lovely lady right here~

9q9xDVF.png?1

And I have to credit her best friend

hO2Lw4s.png?1

I never thought I'd build up Rinea but she was such a godsend when it came to tanking. 

Also shoutout to Wind Season and Bonus Doubler also being a godsend when it came to tanking~

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Not a single point lost on Defense means I get T27 for the first time ever! A perfect Defense week and T27 knocks out two goals of mine with one stone~

Nice! Congratulations!

Thank goodness for me that they are not giving out Thrones based on Tiers though, cause I am not sure I can reach that high without investing significantly in defense. Closest I got was high Tier 26.

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

Nice! Congratulations!

Thank goodness for me that they are not giving out Thrones based on Tiers though, cause I am not sure I can reach that high without investing significantly in defense. Closest I got was high Tier 26.

Yeah, I would not have got it without a perfect Defense Week. Your Defense is pretty good, though, I'm sure you wouldn't have to do too much to it other than getting some Mythics. 

15 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, I would not have got it without a perfect Defense Week. Your Defense is pretty good, though, I'm sure you wouldn't have to do too much to it other than getting some Mythics. 

I utilize 2 defense teams and I have to switch midway through the week.

My first team is fine against casual players or those who are not prepared, but it does not work so well against experienced players who have the tools and know how to easily deal with nukes. My first defense team can usually score wins on the first two days, but it starts to falter on the third and fourth day, and it usually gets completely wiped for the rest of the week; I get occasional wins later in the week, but those are few and far between so I cannot rely on it to reduce Lift loss like I can for the first 2 days. Most experienced players just bulldoze it with super tanks or Galeforcers.

My second team is a Lift loss reduction team and I try to make it as competent as possible, but it simply does not offer the same challenge as the first defense team. I have not seen it won a single battle thoroughly on its own yet (players sometimes surrender when 1 unit gets killed, but the defense team is just relying on the fact that the offensive player has extra Ladders, not really the kind of win I am looking for to have consistency), and its best record so far is 2 kills, but I do not really mind since I am only losing half Lift.

Edited by XRay

Oh man I have exactly 13400 points and I'm only safe from defense losses for another hour. My last three matches were rough and the last one had Hardy Bearing Lysithea, and I some how pulled through with a perfect win (It helped that my opponent's Defense Fort was level 4).

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I utilize 2 defense teams and I have to switch midway through the week.

My first team is fine against casual players or those who are not prepared, but it does not work so well against experienced players who have the tools and know how to easily deal with nukes. My first defense team can usually score wins on the first two days, but it starts to falter on the third and fourth day, and it usually gets completely wiped for the rest of the week; I get occasional wins later in the week, but those are few and far between so I cannot rely on it to reduce Lift loss like I can for the first 2 days. Most experienced players just bulldoze it with super tanks or Galeforcers.

My second team is a Lift loss reduction team and I try to make it as competent as possible, but it simply does not offer the same challenge as the first defense team. I have not seen it won a single battle thoroughly on its own yet (players sometimes surrender when 1 unit gets killed, but the defense team is just relying on the fact that the offensive player has extra Ladders, not really the kind of win I am looking for to have consistency), and its best record so far is 2 kills, but I do not really mind since I am only losing half Lift.

That makes sense. What kind of team is the 2nd team? Is it also a Cav Line?

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That makes sense. What kind of team is the 2nd team? Is it also a Cav Line?

My first team is semi cav line, laid from left to right on the map consisting of: BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, VS!Azura, NS!F!Corrin, Olivia, and BB!Cordelia. NS!F!Corrin is usually the nuke that gets the first kill because her debuff wears off after getting Danced/Sung to, and her threat range is deceptively large for that reason too. Against more experienced players though, they just run Lulls or Dulls, so it is not much of a challenge for players who built their super tank properly.

My second team follows a similar concept, but it only has one cavalry and it has every movement type: BH!Lyn, Thrasir, Olivia, NS!F!Corrin, YT!Olivia, and Duma. Duma got Wings of Mercy, so that is about the only thing that can catch people off guard.

Edited by XRay

And here's this week's matches~

While Annette put in work on Offense, Lysithea did on the Defensive End~ Though this was probably Raven's best week, he got a lot of kills.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@Landmaster

Great job, congrats! Also, tfw you realize that the Annette screenshot is before Mythic & Bonus Unit stats. Keep her away from my defense team, please and thank you.

I'm pretttyy sure I tested her against your Defense and she had no chance in hell of tanking it, so no worries there, kek~

Rank 3,030. So close. Oh well. I already got a Gold Throne so my main objective was already achieved, and I will get another chance whenever Kronya comes back as bonus.

I was about to get to T26 for the first time and potentially get my first golden throne. However, I did a mistake and instead of surrendering in a match where only Naga survived (I had 3 ladders and the next battle would be the final one), I defeated the last foe. At the end I had one ladder and 56 or 86 Lift to T26. 

Legendary Leif as a bonus unit on a Water/Light week? Hot damn.

I can field up to three dancers backing him up, although for today's match I fielded Cecilia rather than Legendary Azura since the defending team was really weak to her. Worked out fine even with some misplays. At one point, I ended up having to put Cecilia in danger of taking an attack from the opposing Aversa at double WTD, which didn't actually end up happening but she would've survived it if it did.

Even after building a ranged unit, I remain the most incompetent Light Season player of all time and am already out of Ladders because I forgot to press double up on my first match and lost the other two in my next matches~

Wonderful times these are~

21 hours ago, Othin said:

Legendary Leif as a bonus unit on a Water/Light week? Hot damn.

I can field up to three dancers backing him up, although for today's match I fielded Cecilia rather than Legendary Azura since the defending team was really weak to her. Worked out fine even with some misplays. At one point, I ended up having to put Cecilia in danger of taking an attack from the opposing Aversa at double WTD, which didn't actually end up happening but she would've survived it if it did.

yep Leg Leif made this season so far a joke

On 4/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, Hilda said:

yep Leg Leif made this season so far a joke

Yeah, still working out for me too. 6/8 matches in, still got perfect 320 offense score and both aether structures in every completed battle, although I did burn an escape ladder this morning because I messed up and lost a unit since it doesn't look like I'm likely to run out. Been sticking with my team of Eir/Peony/Leif/Cecilia/Micaiah for every match, Cecilia is just too good.

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Nowi tanked a Brammi today, I'm quite proud.

Still lost the match but this Season has already been going nowhere but downhill by the day so it wasn't as if I expected to win~

I am doing fine, had my first loss today. Very Cancerous with 2x Bramimond and LLeif (and other units). But let me put it this way: 3 bonus units (one of them due to Mythic buffs double busted) with that amount of Firepower was all it needed, i could have won with 2 units left, but i proceeded to forfeit.

Woah, LLeif has powered me all the way to T26 for the first time ever. Didn't think it was even possible with my policy of not defending, losing the maximum Lift possible (6x54) throughout the week. Never even finished T25 before. YOLO Galeforce squad of LLeif, Eliwood, Peony, Lazura and Eir.

Didn't play perfectly but never lost more than one unit, I don't think I could have mathematically finished T27 even if I did play perfectly though (13224/13400), so there's nothing to regret about how I played. Ranked just under 4000 at the moment so I don't think a Silverchair is necessarily going to happen, but I don't have any chairs of any sort so I'll take any old one.