Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

27 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Ok, but that's assuming. How would you fight it with your own team? 

I would have BH!Ike face tank from the right, below the Bright Shrine (D).

If I see a similar team for Astra season, I do not think my Kronya can handle it unless the Healing Tower (D) is really weak or something. I think I will still attempt from the right since there are less Ward Armor stacking.

With my Player Phase team, I would just take a death and sacrifice either Cordelia or Laevatein depending on who the front liners are. Since there is a red armor on the front lines, if he does not have Wary Fighter or Special Fighter, I would send in Cordelia and have her Galeforce. Laevatein is also an option. Once the defense team starts moving, I will try to pick them off.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would have BH!Ike face tank from the right, below the Bright Shrine (D).

If I see a similar team for Astra season, I do not think my Kronya can handle it unless the Healing Tower (D) is really weak or something. I think I will still attempt from the right since there are less Ward Armor stacking.

With my Player Phase team, I would just take a death and sacrifice either Cordelia or Laevatein depending on who the front liners are. Since there is a red armor on the front lines, if he does not have Wary Fighter or Special Fighter, I would send in Cordelia and have her Galeforce. Laevatein is also an option. Once the defense team starts moving, I will try to pick them off.

a competent Armor melee frontline is definitly gonna use either Wary-Fighter or Special Fighter, i can guarantee you that.

Reached Tier 25 this morning.

I had a pretty easy match today: Double Duma, Surtr in the corner, Dancer Reinhart, Male Byleth and Winter Sothis. No Hardy Bearing means Laevatein killing every last one of them... except Reinhard, that Altina baited him instead.

I also got another Success today, which is very nice.

I am kinda feeling Tier 27 this season, but I need to be no much confiant... since everything can happen.

Used up all my Ladders (O) and lossed two more matches. I think I could have used Kronya better in one of the matches; I had her kill a squishy unit, but I did not pay attention that Familial Festivities Bartre was extremely bulky, so he killed Kronya. The other matches were me dilly dallying too much clearing out Structures (D) for a more optimal position, so I did not have enough time to clear the rest of the enemy team.

I think there were a few matches that hard counters Kronya too.

I am in Tier 22 now. I think I can reach Tier 23, but I do not think I have done this poorly in Astra season since the beginning of this year.

I decided to record last Light Season where I got T27 with Midori~ I didn't record the first match but I did get the rest~

Ignore the build in the beginning not matching up, it was originally going to be for an Arena Showcase and I just didn't bother to rerecord it~

I'm really impressed with my IP defense team. Results from this season so far:

Success (2 foes defeated)
Success (5 foes defeated)
Success (1 foe defeated)
Failure (2 foes defeated)
Failure (2 foes defeated)
Success (5 foes defeated)

Another match today:
Success (3 foes defeated)

That makes a perfect week on defense. Not so much on offense, as I dumbed on 3 matchs today. 

Edited by Rinco

After so many seasons...

ojc1tl9.png

Yay! Tier 27! Thanks to Naga for being the bonus unit.

I already got a success as well, so  13,486 is my final lift, with only -58 lift loss this season.

This screenshot was taken early today, and right now I am not in top 1k.

Next season is Young Marth for Light season and Altina for Astra. I may have more chances to reach T27 again.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

After so many seasons...

ojc1tl9.png

I already got a success as well, so  13,486 is my final lift, with only -58 lift loss this season.

Next season is Young Marth for Light season and Altina for Astra. I may have more chances to reach T27 again.

Congrats on Tier 27.

This season I ended up to Tier 25 which is my usual Astra placement. Could have gone 26 but stayed out of it for 120 lift. I lost quite some points from foolish mistakes.

The worst one was letting Naga in range of a L.Leif and then he also took down, Aversa soon enough Rinea was also killed by the same Leif after LAzura support (Altina and Iddun were not in his range). All this because I didn't open the enemy range and didn't pay attention to the map and the structures. 

Anyway, next season is Little Caeda and if it is also water season then Chrom as well. Anima will the typical setup with Spring Iddun as Altina is bonus. 

Fallen Ike (with support from Brave Lucina and stuff) just swept a whole defense map for me! And I haven't even fully merged and flowered him yet and he just uses his base skill kit for now with Reposition. He's also been a big help in a few other AR battles. I think I finally have an answer to Astra week!

Brave Ike for Light season, Fallen Ike for Astra. I'm a happy Ike fangirl being able to smash through a lot of AR battles with just Ikes! ^^

Best part though: I mistakenly let my Fallen Ike get to 1HP right in front of a Surtr when I stupidly put one of my other units on a bolt trap. But all that Surtr did was give a 0 damage ding. XD

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Best part though: I mistakenly let my Fallen Ike get to 1HP right in front of a Surtr when I stupidly put one of my other units on a bolt trap. But all that Surtr did was give a 0 damage ding. XD

well, makes sense... Since all those -4 from Surtr's Menace becomes +4 in combat for Ike. Fallen Ike was made for AR, since he works as a Shrine's sponge... absorbing all those debuffs and transforming them into in-combat buffs.

Maybe you have a better time in Astra now.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

well, makes sense... Since all those -4 from Surtr's Menace becomes +4 in combat for Ike. Fallen Ike was made for AR, since he works as a Shrine's sponge... absorbing all those debuffs and transforming them into in-combat buffs.

Maybe you have a better time in Astra now.

Yeah, I'd heard Fallen Ike would probably be good in AR for pretty much what you said and I had to see for myself, so I gave him an Astra blessing. I'm glad it's true! And yes, hopefully!

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'd heard Fallen Ike would probably be good in AR for pretty much what you said and I had to see for myself, so I gave him an Astra blessing. I'm glad it's true! And yes, hopefully!

I managed to get one myself (+Atk -def). After hearing from your experience about how good he truly is perhaps he will be a good addition in light season especially when considering how I rarely go beyond 24 in there.

Edited by SuperNova125

30 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I managed to get one myself (+Atk -def). After hearing from your experience about how good he truly is perhaps he will be a good addition in light season especially when considering how I rarely go beyond 24 in there.

Yeah, though I recommend merging him at some point because Fallen Ike really doesn't want to have any bane, not even -Res, because his Res is already kinda low and he won't tank magic users that well. And he doesn't want to have to deal with less HP either. And if you get a +Spd Fallen Ike, use him. I was lucky enough to get +Spd on the most recent Fallen Ike I pulled, which was my fourth one. Mine is +3 now and with three dragonflower boosts.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, though I recommend merging him at some point because Fallen Ike really doesn't want to have any bane, not even -Res, because his Res is already kinda low and he won't tank magic users that well. And he doesn't want to have to deal with less HP either. And if you get a +Spd Fallen Ike, use him. I was lucky enough to get +Spd on the most recent Fallen Ike I pulled, which was my fourth one. Mine is +3 now and with three dragonflower boosts.

I moslty pull Red in the fallen banner as Julia is in there so I hope I can pull another Ike at some point. Also with Peony, Panic Manors and other structures getting debuffs on him will be easy. 

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

I moslty pull Red in the fallen banner as Julia is in there so I hope I can pull another Ike at some point. Also with Peony, Panic Manors and other structures getting debuffs on him will be easy. 

Alrighty, sounds good. I've gotten Julia twice now myself while trying for more copies. lol

Finally light seasons are not hell. Used Fallen Ike instead of Larcei/FF Corrin and I slapped Warding Stance to the SS slot and he is awesome. Honestly, sending Ike into the range of the panic Manors or not caring about debuffs is a really nice feeling. Bonus is Chrom, another good unit. This will be one of the first good light seasons in a long time. Only lost one battle and that's because I forgot to place the ladder. 

I didn't field Ike in today's match, but decided to make a team with him in case it comes up.

Chrom is fun, I don't think I've ever brought him into AR before. Usually during Water seasons I let Leif cover my archery needs, but this time they get to team up.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

After so many seasons...

ojc1tl9.png

Congrats Dio! I didn't know it was your first time in T27, I thought you always were in T27, LOL~

I'm using Baby Marth, too~ I don't think I'll get T27 this week, though. Dark Season is never too good for me compared to Anima~

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Congrats Dio! I didn't know it was your first time in T27, I thought you always were in T27, LOL~

Thanks! I believe I reached T 27 before... but it was a LONG time ago. I usually gets T25-T26.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'm using Baby Marth, too~ I don't think I'll get T27 this week, though. Dark Season is never too good for me compared to Anima~

Yeah. Baby Marth is doing pretty well. I used a ladder already, but the matches I won I did perfectly... my defensive results are not that great though...

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Thanks! I believe I reached T 27 before... but it was a LONG time ago. I usually gets T25-T26.

Yeah. Baby Marth is doing pretty well. I used a ladder already, but the matches I won I did perfectly... my defensive results are not that great though...

IKR probably not a good idea to make a horse defense during Baby Marth week. I at least had the satisfaction of him not being able to kill and going down to my NY!Lethe~

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

IKR probably not a good idea to make a horse defense during Baby Marth week. I at least had the satisfaction of him not being able to kill and going down to my NY!Lethe~

Yeesh! He died to a Green Cavalry unit? That Marth failed in life.

I really need to come up with a better defense team for Dark Season. I'm using a pseudo Flyier Ball (5 flyiers + Sothis) but it's being defeated more than it used to be some time ago.

I barely have a defence team, I have two mythics each season just to reduce lift loss paired with heroes I don't use that much that have the corresponding blessing, I guess I am counting on Offense to save me (and that's why I will never go beyond T25). 

My defensive team, I copied from a friend at the beginning, but then I started to made some changes to make it more unique.

Both teams (Dark and Anima) are basically the same, with the difference being the mythics and blessed heroes... but the idea is the same in both.

I usually get more successes during Astra/Anima, since Picnic Flora and Thrasir are more deadly.

I also have 2 versions of each map: Dark Map with L!Azura, Dark Map without L!Azura, Anima Map with L!Azura and Anima Map without L!Azura. So with this, I can keep the -40 Ligt Loss in all possible seasons.