Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

37 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My defensive team, I copied from a friend at the beginning, but then I started to made some changes to make it more unique.

Both teams (Dark and Anima) are basically the same, with the difference being the mythics and blessed heroes... but the idea is the same in both.

I usually get more successes during Astra/Anima, since Picnic Flora and Thrasir are more deadly.

I also have 2 versions of each map: Dark Map with L!Azura, Dark Map without L!Azura, Anima Map with L!Azura and Anima Map without L!Azura. So with this, I can keep the -40 Ligt Loss in all possible seasons.

Maybe I should also take ideas from friends as I almost never get kills in defense. However, how important truly is an efficient defense? Does it actually matter if you have double mythics? 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Maybe I should also take ideas from friends as I almost never get kills in defense. However, how important truly is an efficient defense? Does it actually matter if you have double mythics? 

With Double Mythics, my Max lift loss is -40. So even if my team losses, if they get 2 kills it becomes a -0 Failure.

That's the main objective in my team: to get those 2 kills.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

I really need to come up with a better defense team for Dark Season. I'm using a pseudo Flyier Ball (5 flyiers + Sothis) but it's being defeated more than it used to be some time ago.

Flier ball is NOT good during Water or Earth season. Worse during Water. Legendary Leif just shreds them to dust during Water season and plucks out their feathers. Earth its Alm, but not people field him on offense, rather on defense.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Flier ball is NOT good during Water or Earth season. Worse during Water. Legendary Leif just shreds them to dust during Water season and plucks out their feathers. Earth its Alm, but not people field him on offense, rather on defense.

Yeah, I had it set up since Yune came out and for a while it was doing really good (some seasons of -0 lift loss). Now it's not doing that well and not only because of archers. B!Ike can make some problems. That's why I'm thinking on some Galeforce/Lunge so I can have the possibility of reaching more units on the backline of the attacker. 

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

I think I'll try to build something around Eliwood Galeforce Lunge, traps and WoM shenanigans.

Anyone has an example of a setup like this?

Check my current setup~

23 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Check my current setup~

Triple redheads for the win!

Expect that they all suicided into Smol Marth... While Azura, isolated by Bride Fjorm, watched.

Also, for some reason when I bait your team, the Hardy Bearing Roy is the one that attacks first... Which makes Smol Marth a happy Smol Boy.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Triple redheads for the win!

Expect that they all suicided into Smol Marth... While Azura, isolated by Bride Fjorm, watched.

Also, for some reason when I bait your team, the Hardy Bearing Roy is the one that attacks first... Which makes Smol Marth a happy Smol Boy.

He probably does more damage than the others considering he has real Skills and not bootleg ones

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

He probably does more damage than the others considering he has real Skills and not bootleg ones

Yeah. Which is nice against Brave Ike, so he can deal with him without that forced Desperation.

5 hours ago, Rinco said:

I think I'll try to build something around Eliwood Galeforce Lunge, traps and WoM shenanigans.

Anyone has an example of a setup like this?

I took a brief look through some of the enemy map screenshots I’ve accumulated  (maybe someday I’ll finish putting them all together...), here are the interesting ones:

Spoiler

0PiW0kn.jpg

Rally Trap setup, with the idea being that unless Veronica is eliminated, Eliwood will Rally from the space below Reinhardt, causing significant overlap in their ranges. The spaces where Reinhardt doesn’t overlap with Eliwood, he overlaps with Thrasir.

Spoiler

K8u0EZS.jpg

Lunge Melee Cavalry: the map.

Spoiler

jUdQcAg.jpg

Standard Lunge Firesweep Cav setup.

Spoiler

nTJGj9U.jpg

Another Rally Trap. Drop anyone on the edge of Eliwood’s range, and you’ll trip a warp chain that ends with Sothe and (probably) NY!Alfonse hitting your unit with fully charged specials.

Spoiler

mEvGeHI.jpg

There are some issues with this particular map, it looks like it was designed for a Water Season, where Bow Chrom would give Sothe the last pulse he needs for Blazing Wind. So that would need to be addressed somehow. After that, Eliwood could probably be swapped in instead of Horse Chrom...as far as I can tell, this person just really likes Chrom. Oh, and Rinea was a bonus unit for this screenshot.

So anyone got good ideas on countering Bramimond? I have trouble with him. He's one of the few things that nobody I have can seem to take a hit from and sometimes I can't go in and take him out before he can strike.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

So anyone got good ideas on countering Bramimond? I have trouble with him. He's one of the few things that nobody I have can seem to take a hit from and sometimes I can't go in and take him out before he can strike.

Sadly, the best hard counter is Null-Follow up.

Your Bike could have that if you have a copy of it.

10 minutes ago, Nym said:

Sadly, the best hard counter is Null-Follow up.

Your Bike could have that if you have a copy of it.

Well damn. I've only ever pulled one unit that has that though, and that's a single Adrift male Corrin.. >_<

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well damn. I've only ever pulled one unit that has that though, and that's a single Adrift male Corrin.. >_<

You already foddered it?

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

I'm working on the awakening/fates route for the combat manual of Adrift Corrin to give my B!Ike Null Follow Up. Missing 1k currency that I forgot the name lol

Divine codes.

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'm working on the awakening/fates route for the combat manual of Adrift Corrin to give my B!Ike Null Follow Up. Missing 1k currency that I forgot the name lol

Yeah. I run Null Follow-Up on my Marth and it helped me against those threats that have guaranteed follow-ups, like Bramimond and Tibarn.

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@LordFrigid I ran into you on my F2P account, are you immune right now?

I say this as if my F2P account has any chance in hell of beating this, but just to be sure~

Yes, I am, on the off-chance that you’re even still waiting after ~3 hours. Regardless, sorry for the delay, and thank you for checking.

On 5/15/2020 at 4:34 PM, Anacybele said:

I could swear I remember you saying you pulled Fallen Mareeta once.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Yes, I am, on the off-chance that you’re even still waiting after ~3 hours. Regardless, sorry for the delay, and thank you for checking.

Ah no problem, I ended up forfeiting just in case (I'm the one named Tomoko), so hopefully that was at least somewhat amusing~