Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I'm thinking about running B!Claude with Dancing Ishtar and Dancing Reinhardt for support on his Bonus Season. I'm just not sure whether to run Fortify and Hone or stack Wards/Goads. I actually think Ishtar's natural Air Orders could be pretty clutch so I'm mainly concerned about what to put on Reinhardt

I would lean towards Goad Fliers, myself. You won't have to worry about Panic (particularly Sudden Panic), and with an HP pool of 62 and decent defenses he should be fine to take most non-special-boosted hits without Ward.

Hm. Looking at that, I might run Claude next week myself, actually. I'd really just need to figure out what to throw in his B slot...Quick Riposte, maybe, or Dull Ranged. Or Pass.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I would lean towards Goad Fliers, myself. You won't have to worry about Panic (particularly Sudden Panic), and with an HP pool of 62 and decent defenses he should be fine to take most non-special-boosted hits without Ward.

Hm. Looking at that, I might run Claude next week myself, actually. I'd really just need to figure out what to throw in his B slot...Quick Riposte, maybe, or Dull Ranged. Or Pass.

I'm running Despacito on mine, but I hear Guard and Dull Ranged are both pretty good on him~ 

Why Pass when you can run Obstruct?

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I'm running Despacito on mine, but I hear Guard and Dull Ranged are both pretty good on him~ 

Why Pass when you can run Obstruct?

Mostly because Obstruct isn’t a reference to Leicester Lineage+.

I might just roll with Dull Ranged. Maybe try out some mock battles to see if I miss the automatic follow-up.

Geese and Ashnard have been doing well as my bonus units this season. I also have Gunnthra on one of my teams, but haven't used her. Cecilia is so much better.

6 matches in for the week, sitting at 12,880 points between a perfect offense score and only losing 40 points on defense. Also haven't missed any Aether structures, although I did have to burn a ladder yesterday. Feeling pretty good about my shot at a gold throne, which would be my 17th.

For the next rotation, I'll probably use Lysithea as my Light bonus. For Astra... Maybe Hinata and Claude? Jorge could also have uses as a blue ranged attacker, I guess. If I use my free pick, I could get Dimitri or Edelgard, but I want to keep holding off. If one of them shows up during my summons next week, that'll take care of the issue pretty cleanly.

Edit: Maintained the perfect offense score, with three spare ladders. Lost another 40 defense points this morning, so my final score for the week is 13,480.

Edited by Othin

I like my anima defense team alot more than my dark seaon one. Take a lot less losses that is for sure. Using three of the latest cyl units (Edelgard, Claude, Lysethia) Thrasir,  Legndary Azura and Mirabilis.  Its a super offensive defensive team that can punish people hard.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Veronica's refine and removing the weapon from minizura has helped my anima defence a lot. Also, last season I created a brand new dark defence setup. My previous restore trap was easily blocked due to no L.Azura and all the new Milas. Now I have a weird double rally trap setup with Duo Byleth, Ophelia, Bramimond, Hel, Ninian and now that I built Eldingan he will serve as my anti Mila Dancer (58 defence along with Chill Def). Worked extremely well so far, Ophelia was the problem as she was easily countered by Evasion tanks. Perhaps OG Lysithea in the future could work? Also Hel was crazy in the offensive side of things, she and Bramimond got the most kills. 

Also, Astra found finally what it needed, B.Edelgard with Miracle Leila, hoping for another disarm trap in the future to give her. Temari Dancer Lachesis is also something I want to run with other units. Hopefully the mythic is good. 

OK, so I've managed to get a hold of Julian and Fallen Mareeta while pulling on the Revival banner and have been considering building Brunnya. What would be the preferred B-skill for her (NFU or Lull Atk/Spd) and which season would she be better in? (Light: 1 Peony and up to 2 Eirs; Astral: 1 Altina, 1 Naga) Also got a CYL Lysithea available if I were to get Atk/Spd Push 4.

Edited by Roflolxp54

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

OK, so I've managed to get a hold of Julian and Fallen Mareeta while pulling on the Revival banner and have been considering building Brunnya. What would be the preferred B-skill for her (NFU or Lull Atk/Spd) and which season would she be better in? (Light: 1 Peony and up to 2 Eirs; Astral: 1 Altina, 1 Naga) Also got a CYL Lysithea available if I were to get Atk/Spd Push 4.

Astra, NFU, Atk spd solo 4 is a great combo. Lull Atk res is great paired with swift stance 3/ Steady posture 3. Depending on what you value more.

16 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Astra, NFU, Atk spd solo 4 is a great combo. Lull Atk res is great paired with swift stance 3/ Steady posture 3. Depending on what you value more.

Atk/Spd Solo 4 is unavailable, and the tier 3 version is on units I have no intention of foddering.

I do not have Lull Atk/Res or Swift Stance 3. And I have to choose between Steady Posture 3 and Pulse Smoke, both of which I never had before.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Atk/Spd Solo 4 is unavailable, and the tier 3 version is on units I have no intention of foddering.

I do not have Lull Atk/Res or Swift Stance 3. And I have to choose between Steady Posture 3 and Pulse Smoke, both of which I never had before.

You asked what was preferred, with the skills you currently have available  your Brunnya would only get sub par performances. Pulse smoke is mandatory though.

Hey guys. I'm changing my Dark Def setup, need some ideas/advices. This is where I'm at right now:
KOgTOaX.jpg

Skills I'll be using:

Yune: Default kit with no assist and Phantom Res Seal
Brammy: Default kit with no assist and Hardy Bearing Seal
Ninian: Water Breath(?), Dance, Moonbow, HP+5, Sudden Panic (or WoM), Infantry Pulse, HP+5
Lilina+10 (+Atk): Forblaze (unique), 3cd special (Dragon Fang or something like that), DB3, Special Spiral (?), C(?), DB3 Seal
Selena: Refined Prf, Moonbow, Fury,  B(?), Infantry Pulse, Seal(?)
Legion: Refined Prf, Galeforce, Fury/L&D, Lunge, Infantry Pulse, Atk or Def Smoke Seal

I'm still not sure about some skills on the units, if you could help me out.

Got T27 and another Gold Throne using B!Claude

I think this is actually the first time I went full Player Phase for a whole week. Though Claude is pretty good at mixed Phase with Ward Support. Fury isn't the best Skill for tanking, obviously, but still was super fun to use him. This week will be Dimitri~

On 9/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, Rinco said:

Hey guys. I'm changing my Dark Def setup, need some ideas/advices. This is where I'm at right now:
KOgTOaX.jpg

Skills I'll be using:

Yune: Default kit with no assist and Phantom Res Seal
Brammy: Default kit with no assist and Hardy Bearing Seal
Ninian: Water Breath(?), Dance, Moonbow, HP+5, Sudden Panic (or WoM), Infantry Pulse, HP+5
Lilina+10 (+Atk): Forblaze (unique), 3cd special (Dragon Fang or something like that), DB3, Special Spiral (?), C(?), DB3 Seal
Selena: Refined Prf, Moonbow, Fury,  B(?), Infantry Pulse, Seal(?)
Legion: Refined Prf, Galeforce, Fury/L&D, Lunge, Infantry Pulse, Atk or Def Smoke Seal

I'm still not sure about some skills on the units, if you could help me out.

Selena seems a bit out of place here, IMO. I like Legion with the Panic spreading, but I think Selena would be best replaced by a ranged nuke or something like a Galeforce Cav

17 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Got T27 and another Gold Throne using B!Claude

I think this is actually the first time I went full Player Phase for a whole week. Though Claude is pretty good at mixed Phase with Ward Support. Fury isn't the best Skill for tanking, obviously, but still was super fun to use him. This week will be Dimitri~

Selena seems a bit out of place here, IMO. I like Legion with the Panic spreading, but I think Selena would be best replaced by a ranged nuke or something like a Galeforce Cav

Selena is an anti-armor option and also an Infantry to get the mages specials ready on T1 with IP. I could use Eliwood instead, but maybe he works better on the spot below Ninian, to overlap range with Brammy? I would also lose one IP and would need to change specials

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Selena is an anti-armor option and also an Infantry to get the mages specials ready on T1 with IP. I could use Eliwood instead, but maybe he works better on the spot below Ninian, to overlap range with Brammy? I would also lose one IP and would need to change specials

I'd try a ranged IP user if you want to keep the IP chain. I'd just be a bit concerned that Selena's a bit easy to snipe, especially since she's not running DC.

12 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'd try a ranged IP user if you want to keep the IP chain. I'd just be a bit concerned that Selena's a bit easy to snipe, especially since she's not running DC.

Well, I could give her DC. I have some fodder piling up. And she's easy to merge down the line also...

45 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Well, I could give her DC. I have some fodder piling up. And she's easy to merge down the line also...

I'd personally just go with a Ranged unit so as to not waste DC fodder, I don't know that she's the best frontliner for that. If you go melee, I'd do a CC/Repel/Spurn tank. But it's up to you~

Perfect week on offense and only 34 lift loss on defense. That team I posted above did better than expected. Selena is not pulling much weight, I'll think of other options on her place, but I don't think I'll need to rush the decision if I take this week in account.

I think I managed to go from tier 17 to barely squeaking in tier 19 by five points, if a lost defense match doesn't toss me out in the last two hours. :v  y'alls advice in a different thread what with building light teams was super helpful (landed on eir+peony, and then a light blessed midori, pirate!tibarn, and brave!camilla for AR-O.)

was also the weirdest general aether raids season I've been in - the crappiest first day possible by burning through all of my escape ladders but then turning around and being the first time I've had a successful defense win (two, in fact!)  CYL!Edel continues to be by far my hardest unit to plink away at .. wonder if switching out midori for shinon with deadeye will help with that...?

Honestly at this point imma camp out in tier 19 until i can build my fortress level from 3 to 5. fortress levels are just too much of a gamebreaker.

Got a perfect offense week (didn't even miss any pots or lose any ladders), but lost enough defense points to only barely make it into T27, with exactly 13,400 points. Should be good enough for a silver throne, but not a gold one.

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

Honestly at this point imma camp out in tier 19 until i can build my fortress level from 3 to 5. fortress levels are just too much of a gamebreaker.

Yeah, just take your time. When Aether Raids started, it took me about half a year or so to make it to Tier 21, and it took me about a bit more than year to get my first and only Gold Throne.

If you are trying to get into Tier 21, I recommend trying it during Light season, since that is the easier to season score high.

If you are trying to get a Gold Throne though, I did it during Astra season since the ranking is much less competitive. However, I have not really paid much attention to ranking lately, so I am not sure if Astra is still as easy to obtain a Gold Throne in as before.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, just take your time. When Aether Raids started, it took me about half a year or so to make it to Tier 21, and it took me about a bit more than year to get my first and only Gold Throne.

If you are trying to get into Tier 21, I recommend trying it during Light season, since that is the easier to season score high.

If you are trying to get a Gold Throne though, I did it during Astra season since the ranking is much less competitive. However, I have not really paid much attention to ranking lately, so I am not sure if Astra is still as easy to obtain a Gold Throne in as before.

I can believe the ranking threshold is still lower in Astra, but the flip side is that I think Astra is harder to get a good score in, even if you have all the mythics, because offense teams are weaker and defense teams are stronger.

All in all, I'm not sure which season I've been getting more gold thrones from. I tend to be pretty good at getting perfect offense scores in Light season but usually lose enough defense points to miss out on a throne, while my Astra defense team is more successful so a high offense score can more often translate to a gold throne but I also get those high offense scores less.

Speaking of which I finally got my first gold throne! I've been really close several times before but I've always had too many unlucky defense losses, got rank 3002 once... but anyway Brunnya carried as always during wind season, with L!Eliwood bonus doubler support, and the extra Mila/Brammimond merges I got from the last legendary finally pushed me over the score threshold needed to stay in the top 3000.

Edited by Erchamion