Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

My second account is exactly on 4000 points so part of me kind of doesn't want to play anymore just to keep it that way haha

I like how the bg becomes more spacey at this point in the tier

Still no successful defenses though but at least people can't reach the pots

Main account had some stupid mistakes though. One was an Armour Marched Hector Repositioning a Veronica back so she can get danced. Not used to seeing armours with Reposition.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to bounce back from some rough days with a couple of perfect runs today, so I'm sitting at 4,140. Seriously about to switch my Summoner Support onto Loki since Thokk is legit incredible against alot of the maps people are throwing out these days.

9 hours ago, Johann said:

Investing in Offense seems to be the far better choice, since it's your primary source of Lift, and if done right, should outweigh Defense losses. Though, with rising Aether costs, there's going to be a point where people will only be able to get one fight per day in (unless there's a cap).

Yes the rising Aether costs bother me, at the top tier we would fight our free match and then 1 match with Aether every 2-3 days, then defense would matter a lot more than I thought. I just hope to get upgrades to the fountain or some changes, we should be able to play at least one match per day in addition to the free one in my opinion.

But I still decided to go for the 5th unit for offense to make it safer to climb tiers even if I fall behind in rank. (only to lose a unit in the first match I had with 5 after both structures destroyed and only 2 enemies remaining, thinking I have alreay won. I hate my stupidity sometimes.)

6 hours ago, Garlyle said:

There's a weird phenomenon I faced this morning. My last defense said that the enemy won the rematch, while I'm pretty sure I did not initiate any rematch so far. How is this a thing?

It means one of the players you defeated while attacking chose to rematch you and beat your defense.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I ran into a map similar to this one on the first day of this season and decided to try my own version of it since it was pretty obnoxious to play around. I decided to try a debuffing theme for my characters instead of the boring units I played against (Aversa, Reinhardt, Cecilia, Dream Azura).

My attempt at that if I may, would be:

I would take the team that is pretty much my main team, with one unit replaced by Loki (actually the only other team that I used that far.)

Use Loki to slow both Gunnthra and Liilna and bait from below the trench.

My ai prediction isn't perfect yet so I may be wrong, but that should make Catria as the only unit in attack range run to her death. Then with no one in range Olivia as a melee unit would go second and with the bait unit still below Lilina and Gunnthra should go into a reposition loop, as long as their chosen target is on the left side of the map.

Then it's more or less clean up as long as the player isn't getting careless.

Would that work or did I make a mistake somewhere?

Edited by Azuris

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I may switch Lilina out for Celica since the damage from the Bolt Trap would be enough to activate Celica's Desperation if someone actually steps on it

Reminds me of a map I ran into with a DC Vantage Dark Missiletainn QP Eldigan, where if you stepped on the shock trap near him it put him in Vantage Bonfire range. Pretty sneaky if I didn't have a Firesweep Cordelia.

I ended up switching my Brave Lyn, Brave Veronica and two dancer team to an armour team of Zelgius, Tharja, B!Hector and L!Tiki which was pathetic. Now I have a new team with Giga Nino, Celica, Spring Catria and Zelgius. This team is hard to beat because I've placed a trap which triggers Celica to brazen and desperation range making her nigh invincible. I've also made the positioning such that you're forced to get hit by all three fast mage nukes and Catria even has chill res to weaken your best res tank. Zelgius with warp powder is also insane as well as being able to allow Nino to teleport to him via her own B skill. 

I was able to find a strategy to beat my team with no casualties and one aether fountain on my third try. The key is to use Micaiah to kill Zelgius and draw her back so that she only has to fight Celica and Catria who she has no problems with. 

However, I suspect most people will at least lose one unit because finding a way to avoid getting hit at weapon triangle disadvantage is going to be very tough. 

Also, I have 4100 lift and am at the top of my friend's list. Yay! 

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I ran into a map similar to this one on the first day of this season and decided to try my own version of it since it was pretty obnoxious to play around. I decided to try a debuffing theme for my characters instead of the boring units I played against (Aversa, Reinhardt, Cecilia, Dream Azura).

+10 Lilina [+Atk, -Def] (Forblaze [unique], Reposition, Blazing Flame, Death Blow 3, Spur Atk 3, Spd Ploy 3)
+10 Spring Catria [+Spd, -HP] (Huginn's Egg, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Chill Res 3, Hone Cavalry, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Gunnthra [+Spd, -Def] (Blizzard, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Chilling Seal, Hone Cavalry, Res Ploy 3)
+10 Flying Olivia [+Spd, -Def] (Skuld, Dance, Moonbow, Bracing Stance 2, Chill Spd 3, Guidance 3, Drive Atk 2)

Reveal hidden contents

A5Cm4us.jpg

I may switch Lilina out for Celica since the damage from the Bolt Trap would be enough to activate Celica's Desperation if someone actually steps on it, but Lilina adds more layers of debuffs for the team to work with. Alternatively, Katarina may be a fun choice.

Total list of debuffs:

• Forblaze from Lilina. Highest Res hit with -7 Res.
  • Spd Ploy 3 from Lilina off of 35 Res. Hits for -5 Spd.
  • Huginn's Egg from Catria. Lowest Res hit with -5 Atk and Def.
  • Chill Res 3 from Catria. Highest Res hit with -7 Res. Intentionally redundant with Lilina.
  • Atk Ploy 3 from Catria off of 30 Res. Hits for -5 Atk.
  • Chilling Seal from Gunnthra. Lowest Def hit with -6 Atk and Spd.
  • Res Ploy 3 from Gunnthra off of 32 Res. Hits for -5 Res.
  • Chill Spd 3 from Olivia. Highest Spd hit with -7 Spd.

Get rekt.

Mind that a proper Galeforce user can wipe 3 of your units, ending turn by blocking Catria from moving, since there's a 100% safe path to go in by setting up below the lamp and feh statue. (2 repo guys right below, dancer + galeforcer below them. Start turn by repoing dancer + Galeforce user up, kill the weaker of Lilina or Olivia, which wipes all debuffs. Then either get danced or just Galeforce again, then get Galeforce or get danced, then kill Gunnthra.) Edit: You have to have the Galeforcer + Dancer below the statue + lamp (which you destroy during the setup turn), with the repo guys below them, and moving up to repo the pair during the action turn.

If the galeforcer doesn't have enough stats to ORKO either Olivia or Lilina there's problems, but even -7 all stats should still have the typical Galeforcer ORKOing both of them reliably, since they'd get 6 of those back from Hone Type.

I suggest a trap (doesn't have to be real) below Olivia, or else 2 squares to the right of Lilina.

Edited by DehNutCase

15 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind that a proper Galeforce user can wipe 3 of your units, ending turn by blocking Catria from moving, since there's a 100% safe path to go in by setting up below the lamp and feh statue.

Wow, it is really amazing, how some people can look at a map and immediately see the fastest and easiest way to beat it. I wish I could do that as well, I spend way too much time studying the maps before I actually start playing.

50 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind that a proper Galeforce user can wipe 3 of your units, ending turn by blocking Catria from moving, since there's a 100% safe path to go in by setting up below the lamp and feh statue. (2 repo guys right below, dancer + galeforcer below them. Start turn by repoing dancer + Galeforce user up, kill the weaker of Lilina or Olivia, which wipes all debuffs. Then either get danced or just Galeforce again, then get Galeforce or get danced, then kill Gunnthra.)

If the galeforcer doesn't have enough stats to ORKO either Olivia or Lilina there's problems, but even -7 all stats should still have the typical Galeforcer ORKOing both of them reliably, since they'd get 6 of those back from Hone Type.

I suggest a trap (doesn't have to be real) below Olivia, or else 2 squares to the right of Lilina.

I'm a bit less worried about Galeforce shenanigans (the probability someone has a Galeforce team lying around is too low to warrant defending against it) as I am that you can just send cavalry streaming in through the right side since you can safely get two cavalry in on a single turn with a single dancer (one ranged cavalry starting on the gravity trap and one any cavalry right behind it that gets danced).

I've moved the fake Bolt Trap under the Healing Tower as a deterrent, but that means you can still destroy the Tactics Room and stage a non-cavalry attack from there.

I'm currently working on a Spring Breeze version of this map to see if I can get the walls to line up how I want them to. Walls are still the best terrain.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

+10 Lilina [+Atk, -Def] (Forblaze [unique], Reposition, Blazing Flame, Death Blow 3, Spur Atk 3, Spd Ploy 3)
+10 Spring Catria [+Spd, -HP] (Huginn's Egg, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Chill Res 3, Hone Cavalry, Atk Ploy 3)
+10 Gunnthra [+Spd, -Def] (Blizzard, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Chilling Seal, Hone Cavalry, Res Ploy 3)
+10 Flying Olivia [+Spd, -Def] (Skuld, Dance, Moonbow, Bracing Stance 2, Chill Spd 3, Guidance 3, Drive Atk 2)

Hide contents

A5Cm4us.jpg

I may switch Lilina out for Celica since the damage from the Bolt Trap would be enough to activate Celica's Desperation if someone actually steps on it, but Lilina adds more layers of debuffs for the team to work with. Alternatively, Katarina may be a fun choice.

Total list of debuffs:

• Forblaze from Lilina. Highest Res hit with -7 Res.
  • Spd Ploy 3 from Lilina off of 35 Res. Hits for -5 Spd.
  • Huginn's Egg from Catria. Lowest Res hit with -5 Atk and Def.
  • Chill Res 3 from Catria. Highest Res hit with -7 Res. Intentionally redundant with Lilina.
  • Atk Ploy 3 from Catria off of 30 Res. Hits for -5 Atk.
  • Chilling Seal from Gunnthra. Lowest Def hit with -6 Atk and Spd.
  • Res Ploy 3 from Gunnthra off of 32 Res. Hits for -5 Res.
  • Chill Spd 3 from Olivia. Highest Spd hit with -7 Spd.

Get rekt.

and then Micaiah comes along, rekts all debuffs with her assist and rekts Lilina Gunnthra and Catria, becuase Blue + effectiv against cavalry + less dmg taken = rekt all 3 of them.

Just kidding, it looks cancerous. not sure how that bolt trap will trigger Desperation when your Team is instantly getting healed up next round (by that building)?

Ok, I played this morning and arrived to 4,120 lift when I didn't have any defense matches yet. 

Now I check my defense results ... and:

7RF5RoT.png

How is that possible? Those are my only three defensive matches today and I didn't loose any lift. 

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Or perhaps you have to be over 4,000 lift at the daily reset to be vulnerable to lift-robbery? 

I started yesterday at 3,960 before I did my daily free battle like 12 hours after reset. Then the last loss of the day chopped off 60 lift to bring me to the 4000 bottom.

Edited by Alkaid

Got a flashback to the evil Nino team today, this time against Flier Emblem (NY!Camilla, Summer!Camilla, NY!Azura, F!Grima). It uses the classic Spring Breeze map and keeps all their forces in the top left corner. It is difficult to initiate without taking losses. I also did have not level advantage because the opponent took necessary measures.

Brave!Lyn with Mulagir, alongside PA!Azura, Smolzura, and the Black Knight (who had Attack Tactic) took them out. It took some time to set everything up, but then Brave!Lyn shot everything out of the sky. F!Grima was kind enough to let us destroy the Aether stores before finishing her off. It was the greatest feeling of "**** you" since I got owned last time.

I should build a panic manor over there just to counter these blade-buff comps. Spring Breeze is probably the best overall map due to the walls, unless one somehow one manages to make use of forts on the other maps. The upper left corner is easily defensible, but it is also predictable...

Speaking of Spring Breeze, I decided to become a tryhard and switched over to it, fielding a Veronica and a Brave!Lyn (alongside my Black Knight and the bonus, which is Smolzura). I am having far more success than I did previously. I do miss my Snowdust and Bright Grassland castles though, and a part of me wants to have a "fun castle" where I can do various themes or just making the place look nice instead of trying for maximum efficiency.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Or perhaps you have to be over 4,000 lift at the daily reset to be vulnerable to lift-robbery? 

Only first battle each day counts. I heard something about that it resets every 20 hours. 
With that our score does not sink so much as expected. If you are good on offensive expect that your score raises at least 120 Lift each day as long as we can make a second battle.

Also, after my bad loss on Monday I started gearing up my offensive game and did really good the last days. I have 4360 Lift by now. And my defense has a chance to pull out some foes. At this rate I could be in top 3k again, which was not expected. 
Also did an experiment with my Deirdre to counter healers. She is playable with TA Raven if someone things that he can rely too much on Wrathful staff healer shenanigans. Still have to play against one with 5 units...

Only shame is that this mode really does not allow any inactivity...

Edited by Stroud

its funny how my Clair annihilates basicly all of the comon Aether raid meta threats with Marth as her back up buffer.
going against Cavalry she kills and baits Reinhardt Veronica (even Lyn due to Iotes shield).
going against Armorers she kills them easy and takes from Dragon Armorers little to no damage (and for Green armorers Marth is there).

She is really totally anti Defense meta as far as I have seen.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, I played this morning and arrived to 4,120 lift when I didn't have any defense matches yet.

[...] How is that possible? Those are my only three defensive matches today and I didn't loose any lift. 

I started at 3900 and went to 4000 today. I didn't lose any lift even with a loss later in the day either.

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I started yesterday at 3,960 before I did my daily free battle like 12 hours after reset. Then the last loss of the day chopped off 60 lift to bring me to the 4000 bottom.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Only first battle each day counts. I heard something about that it resets every 20 hours. 

If the loss resets are 20 hours apart, they are not technically daily (like the 50 aether). I guess they would cycle to occur at all times of day. Perhaps the loss occurred after the loss reset timeframe?

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Still have to play against one with 5 units...

I wonder if having five units on defense causes 100 lift to be lost rather than 80 lift? Having fewer than four defense units doesn't lower the lift lost though.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Only shame is that this mode really does not allow any inactivity...

Yeah, I don't care for that aspect either. I'm guessing that at higher tiers 50 daily aether might not be enough for a single match, so the daily free run is supposed to counter that. Still, I kind of wish they'd get rid of the free run and just give out more aether to compensate.

Trying to make up a new defense team and mixed thinks up a bit. How's this looking?

Spoiler

onylOmj.jpg

Kagero gets +6 to everything but speed from tactics buffs. If she won't be effective on something trying to bait her, Veronica attacks instead, with either one getting danced. Peri is backup and helps cover the left side. She has Lunge and Galeforce to hopefully make a mess of things for people crawling up the left side instead. I've hopefully got it so it's hard to snipe out Veronica over the wall without leaving somebody in range of a danced Kagero the following turn.

A red mage that gets danced in to kill Kagero and can survive Veronica and Azura is a problem, as is some careful baiting on the left side, but I'm out of better ideas for now.

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

60 lift? Did you beat a unit?

7 hours ago, Stroud said:

20 hours is written in the help.

If only the first battle counts that would be pretty random. @Alkaid got score chopped by his last battle of the day, but perhaps it was not the same "20 hour day"? 

5 hours ago, Tree said:

If the loss resets are 20 hours apart, they are not technically daily (like the 50 aether). I guess they would cycle to occur at all times of day. Perhaps the loss occurred after the loss reset timeframe?

That sounds possible. Then it wouldn't be very transparent when the 20 hour timeframe starts though. 

25 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

60 lift? Did you beat a unit?

No, I was just at 4,060 and it doesn't drop you lower than 4,000. So what would have been -80 just took -60 as that's the most it could take before hitting the bottom limit.

25 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If only the first battle counts that would be pretty random. @Alkaid got score chopped by his last battle of the day, but perhaps it was not the same "20 hour day"?

Maybe that's it, since the loss that counted happened like an hour and a half before the daily reset. Maybe that actually counted as the first for today instead of last for yesterday? It's a bit confusing.

Edited by Alkaid

This is infuriating, tier 11 continues to put me up against defense teams with better units than I can ever hope to beat or have myself. I would have been suckered into paying to win if it lets you buy units. Fortunately I know I can't afford to gamble.

I wish I could see my offensive attempts… 
My Loki was in line with green Olwen and this olwen still did 3 moves and I lost because of that crap, because she has beaten deirdre which was for blocking all the healers… I guess I made a mistake I did not see and didn't line her up, but my Memory tells me that I did line her up. But damn this hurts. An easy win turned into a loss, because of such stupidiy…

I accept losing if could not do any better with my team. But this kind of losing just hurts..especially if it would have been an easy win with the team.

Edit: now I got it, I totally ignored that these healers had Restore. Well next time I will check twice. At least I feel  better now that I know my mistake. I just was careless at the end.

Edited by Stroud

some people asked for my defensiv setup @mampfoid@Johann

So here are the defensiv wins and 1 loss of this weak up till now:

Some notes:
Even though Aversa is not a bonus unit anymore she is still a staple of my defensiv Team because of the setup of this map.
1. This map doesnt leave much room left so some units will end up adjacent to each other
2. The traps are setup up this way that you need a dancer to disarm them and attack at all (which puts the units adjacent again
3. because they are so protected only ranged units may be able to attack which means Aversas tome will kick in prolly (because most ranged have less HP then her)
4. alot of people think they can bait out Smolzura, but Smolzura wont attack because of the AI priority system, If you run DC, Veronica will attack allways because no retallation.
5. Attacking from the upper right corner takes alot of turns away.
6. the only loss i had was against that dragonemblem, he/she played smart, but was also lucky to place the tactical building on the row of Elise, limiting her movement to 1
7. The EST player was also very smart in using Reposition to bring Est into position without loosing her turn and activating Galeforce. He would have won if Robin would have doubled Veronica.