Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Huh...

lost a rematch because of a Double Brazen Pain+ +9 Priscilla...

Kinda wish there was a matching system based on merges since I don't merge and it's annoying seeing fully merged teams. Also Priscilla had Veronica, Aversa, Minizura to accompany her. Could've won it if L!Tiki survived (only Priscilla was left) but one of the Brazens was a Atk/Spd so Tiki was outsped and the rest of my teams were mages :(

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Veronicas on every team. Yawn.

At the very least Cecilia makes the perfect counter to all of them. Well unless there's a Dancer Micaiah in the team but she sure is handy.

I think I'll even finally promote my Cecilia soon as well. I just need to decide on between a +Atk/+Spd boon and a -Def/-HP bane.

@Hilda Thanks for that! I will wait how my current defensive team scores, but perhaps I'll take one or two ideas from you. Merging Aversa for example seems more and more appealing. 

I think traps and bolt towers make it easier for healers to stay behind, because they prioritize healing higher than many would anticipate. 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

At the very least Cecilia makes the perfect counter to all of them.

I think I'll even finally promote my Cecilia soon as well. I just need to decide on between a +Atk/+Spd boon and a -Def/-HP bane.

She really is unironically the queen counterpick unit of Aether Raids (we've come full circle, back to TA Raven being a relevant build from the lower ranges of arena last year).

I already had a spd/hp +10 Bladetome CC/Vantage Cecilia, but Aether Raids prompted me to build a new atk/hp +0 TA Raven Bowbreaker set for countering quite a few teams. Not only does she counter vero/bowlyn/rein, but with proper res buffs (Brazen atk/res seal is my favorite so far), she can safely bait and kill the dreaded instant AoE Ophelia.

Cecilia got her niche back with this mode. I've never built one since I never got the +atk -hp IV I was wanting, but maybe I should promote the +atk -def one I've got.

I'm also probably going to put Loki on almost every team I have once I unlock the 5th unit slot. Her staff is absolutely godly to help keep all the Veronicas, BLyns and Reins in place while I snipe out other units from their teams. Even with mine being -atk, she's still worth her weight in gold for this mode.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

some people asked for my defensiv setup

Thank you, even if I wasn't the one asking for it, I really appreciate the insight of experienced players. It's also nice of you to give additional notes about our thoughts.

But aren't you worried about the right side? You said it takes time, but I still rather start taking out your units turn 3, than taking all the hits turn 1.

On a site note, the german translation is strange in some places. It's probably not that easy to make sure it fits into the ui, but I didn't even recognize some skills at first.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Kinda wish there was a matching system based on merges since I don't merge and it's annoying seeing fully merged teams.

Yes, that would be good for me as well. My only really high merged units are for scoring and wouldn't do well in Aether Raids. My offense can still get the job done for now, but my defense gets completely overrun.

But it would most likely lead to balance problems sadly.

Edited by Azuris

27 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Yes, that would be good for me as well. My only really high merged units are for scoring and wouldn't do well in Aether Raids. My offense can still get the job done for now, but my defense gets completely overrun.

But it would most likely lead to balance problems sadly.

With time it will even out naturally itself because people with alot of high merged units will have less defense losses and more offense wins, due to the fact how matchmakeing works (as in prolly matching you with people that are on the same lift range)

4 hours ago, Azuni said:

She really is unironically the queen counterpick unit of Aether Raids (we've come full circle, back to TA Raven being a relevant build from the lower ranges of arena last year).

I already had a spd/hp +10 Bladetome CC/Vantage Cecilia, but Aether Raids prompted me to build a new atk/hp +0 TA Raven Bowbreaker set for countering quite a few teams. Not only does she counter vero/bowlyn/rein, but with proper res buffs (Brazen atk/res seal is my favorite so far), she can safely bait and kill the dreaded instant AoE Ophelia.

I've found Sophia to be my choice because her colour offers additional coverage since people seem to like fielding green refreshers (Inigo last week, then Y!Azura now that she's a bonus unit). It's the budget 4*+10 version with regular Raven, Bonfire/Iceberg, TA3 and QR2, too. It's kinda funny, because I really want to be excited about opportunities to deploy my Raven+ F!Robin, but practically speaking, Sophia's just the better pick to have on that particular team for the foreseeable future.

Had a weird defense loss today where I lost 60 Lift when I really should have lost all 80. The person attacking wiped my initial trio pretty handily with some Pain+ damage taken, but it was no real big deal. I've benched Aversa for the moment in favour of just having L!Ike hang out in that spot with his beefy stat boosts. Even so, the enemy had a L!Lucina with a special ready and just enough HP to survive going a round with him. The player then blunders into my lightning trap for no reason (had plenty of turns left and it wouldn't have been relevant to the engagement with Ike) and brings Lucina down into range for him to kill. The rest of the team is also suddenly in pretty bad shape, with two of them being green, so, yeah, that attacker just gave up 20 Lift for no reason whatsoever.

Made my break past 4k today. Had full Aether and a free run, allowing me to play 4 times. Made a mistake and lost 1 unit and now I'm at 4340. Hope I played late enough that most players already did their daily runs and I don't get a defense loss today.

23 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm in rank 8 now, and it eats 41 aether, so you can only play like 2-3 times? (even if you hit aether pots it's not really like that much). 

well i got all my rocks, so i can really make my place defensive minded not like that matters either haha

I'm at nine and it's eating 45. I really, really hope it caps at 50.

25 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm in rank 8 now, and it eats 41 aether, so you can only play like 2-3 times? (even if you hit aether pots it's not really like that much). 

well i got all my rocks, so i can really make my place defensive minded not like that matters either haha

It gets worse. Game wants 54 Aether from me now, so I can barely get enough daily for a match other than my free match if I hit the Aether pots during it.

14 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I'm at nine and it's eating 45. I really, really hope it caps at 50.

13 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It gets worse. Game wants 54 Aether from me now, so I can barely get enough daily for a match other than my free match if I hit the Aether pots during it.

that is so dumbo. 
ah well. i'll just get my grails slowly i guess

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That's so so bad. A game mode that only let's you play more than once daily if you "git gud". IS needs to fix this fast, Aether Raids is super fun but there's so many anoying parts about it.

8 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

That's so so bad. A game mode that only let's you play more than once daily if you "git gud". IS needs to fix this fast, Aether Raids is super fun but there's so many anoying parts about it.

I think either a practice mode that let you play for free, but with no rewards, or a way to reduce aether cost in exchange for reduced rewards would be good. Or more frequent aether refills.

43 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I think either a practice mode that let you play for free, but with no rewards, or a way to reduce aether cost in exchange for reduced rewards would be good. Or more frequent aether refills.

You can try your own defense for free and you can modify that map as you wish. 

Ahahaha, the problem with stall teams is that you can't put weapons on your units, so any janky ass team can probably hit you until you're dead.

Spoiler

It did take me to turn 6 to clear, but my normal team probably could've wiped around turn 4-5 due to being faster to reach the armors + being better at focusing fire units down one at a time. (Was using a team of 4 2-move melees, which don't exactly get around fast & focus fire easily.)

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

you might have not access maybe to +10 merged aether raids defining meta-units.

Also i would like a mode where i can challenge the maps of friends for free, just to see what they have up there!

44 minutes ago, Hilda said:

you might have not access maybe to +10 merged aether raids defining meta-units.

True, but it's free practice nonetheless and something which is new and unique in all FEH.

44 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Also i would like a mode where i can challenge the maps of friends for free, just to see what they have up there!

That would be awesome indeed. We could make a SF tournament! 

@Hilda That's a pretty strong setup you've got there, is Elise +10? Your opponents aren't even remotely prepared for anything like that, no wonder they got thoroughly crushed. I don't have the kind of offensive staff power you do, so I don't think my own Def setups could replicate that, though I also haven't had any match-ups since yesterday morning so I guess it doesn't matter what I put in right now haha

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

You can, but if you want to try something different, you have to remake your map and defense team afterwards (and relock to save all of the skills).

Has anyone noticed that most effects don't seem to work for the defense team in the Test Defense mode? I configured teams with special cooldowns, tactics skills, etc. The attacking team (raiding party) had the effects properly applied but the identical defense team did not.

5 hours ago, Tree said:

You can, but if you want to try something different, you have to remake your map and defense team afterwards (and relock to save all of the skills).

Yeah, it would be cool to bookmark full setups. Or at least have a Fav marker for the best working map. 

5 hours ago, Tree said:

Has anyone noticed that most effects don't seem to work for the defense team in the Test Defense mode? I configured teams with special cooldowns, tactics skills, etc. The attacking team (raiding party) had the effects properly applied but the identical defense team did not.

Oh, I didn't notice so far. Don't they apply on first enemy phase? 

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I don't gain or lose lift even though I'm in tier 11 with 4000+ lift. Why is this the case? 

Same here, no idea. 

On 21.11.2018 at 8:36 PM, mampfoid said:

Ok, I played this morning and arrived to 4,120 lift when I didn't have any defense matches yet. 

Now I check my defense results ... and:

7RF5RoT.png

How is that possible? Those are my only three defensive matches today and I didn't loose any lift. 

Still the same status. Didn't get a defense match in 24 hours and thus no lost lift. 

/Edit: Some minutes later I got my first 60 lift erased. :-/ 

Edited by mampfoid