Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I made a dum dum mistake. Moved my dancer into range for some stupid reason when I was trying to bait Minizura to attack Summer Tana. And apparently Minzura can one shot Airzura. Bye bye 20 lift. I really should have double checked move ranges, I didn't think Minizura could reach there for some reason. Stupid mistake. Though I didn't think it was going to cost me 20 lift. I had thought Airzura could just barely survive. But she was hit for exact HP. That always makes one feel good.

And my defense team seems to be working-ish. Legendary Tiki completely neuters it, but seems most folks have issues dealing with Eirika and Ephraim prancing and Galeforcing their legendary selves around. WoMinizura really prefers to attack than to dance though.

Edited by Usana

Oh God, what am I doing? I'm past the 4k mark, and today I had 2 attacks launched, and failed both of them. The 2nd one the enemy had a Fort level above mine, and a nasty +8 Ike at the front with 44 Spd.

I need to meditate on this.

2 hours ago, Usana said:

WoMinizura really prefers to attack than to dance though.

Smolzura for me working like a charm in defense, usually she´s the cleaner (shes super aggro, more than any dancer that im testing, for some strange reason) at the end and with micaiah jebaiting im already 9 undefeated defenses.

Had a perfect 3 for 3 today on offense, and let me say how happy I am to still have a Loki. Makes alot of common set ups much less threatening. But I fear my total lack of investment in defense is going to catch up with me.

Does this map at least look functional?5bf80cb941d61_Capture_2018-11-23-09-03-00.thumb.png.dd397cd2360eea7860d9fa134d159e96.png

7 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Had a perfect 3 for 3 today on offense

Good job.

7 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

let me say how happy I am to still have a Loki. Makes alot of common set ups much less threatening.

This is so true. I'm glad I got a single copy of her, she is even -hp, but was still really helpful. I am definitely going to invest in her more when she returns.

9 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Does this map at least look functional?

One problem I see is that the other units aren't covering Azura's attack range completely. So by taking out the lamp post or the panic manner, she can be baited alone. A range unit taking out the panic manor from below the feh statue, would cause her to run to her death for example. Having Veronica cover all of Azurs's attack range as well would make her go first because she can't be countered and if an enemy Loki or tactics room tries to keep Veronica away your Loki can remove it with Restore+.

You can always try beating your map a few times, baiting from different locations to see how your units react.

I hope that helped a little bit until the more elite players come back for more detailed help.

@Azuris Thanks

On an unrelated note, the first 4 ghb bonus units seem to be the first 4 released. If the pattern holds the next batch will have Navarre and Zephiel. Naturally Gharnef will be there too, but as a "new unit" and not taking up a ghb slot.

It's also interesting that we've gotten Fjorm and L!Ike. Is that slot for legendaries or is it for freebies?. We could see something like Gunnthra there or it could be something like Olivia.

24 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

On an unrelated note, the first 4 ghb bonus units seem to be the first 4 released. If the pattern holds the next batch will have Navarre and Zephiel. Naturally Gharnef will be there too, but as a "new unit" and not taking up a ghb slot.

It's also interesting that we've gotten Fjorm and L!Ike. Is that slot for legendaries or is it for freebies?. We could see something like Gunnthra there or it could be something like Olivia.

Yeah should be Ylgr, Surtr, maybe the new Legendary (perhaps depending on when they show the banner), Gharnef, Navarre, Zephiel, Anna, and 3 others.

11 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah should be Ylgr, Surtr, maybe the new Legendary (perhaps depending on when they show the banner), Gharnef, Navarre, Zephiel, Anna, and 3 others.

they said the next hero in the legendary banner would be colorless and i guess it´s Surtr...Ylgr are in a banner right now so i don´t see her as a freebie and she isnt legendary so....

Maybe there is a new hero to tie with the new chapter 3, something out of the ice family?!

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

they said the next hero in the legendary banner would be colorless and i guess it´s Surtr...Ylgr are in a banner right now so i don´t see her as a freebie and she isnt legendary so....

Maybe there is a new hero to tie with the new chapter 3, something out of the ice family?!

The idea that the next Legendary would be colorless is based off of thinking from a few months ago, where we knew Ryoma, Gunnthra, and Lucina would return. Once we heard Robin was also coming back, it meant that they would either give us a new hero of any color, or no new hero at all. There's some evidence for a possible (specific) new hero though, so there's a pretty good chance that this month's banner will break some old rules and put 5 heroes on the banner. We should be getting the video for the banner either Sunday or Monday night, and I suspect that if they put a new Legendary on the next season bonus unit list, then we'll get that trailer Sunday night.

I'm hopeful for a new free unit for Book 3, but I don't think it'll connect to the Nifl siblings.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, I didn't notice so far. Don't they apply on first enemy phase? 

I guess that's possible, but I thought I had seen tactic effects applied to enemy units. I'm having the same issue with cooldown skills such as Ostia's Pulse and Infantry Pulse. I created a team with both skills and the raiding party had both applied (stacked), while the identical defense team had neither.

@Ice Dragon Do you know if effects from tactics skills, cooldown skills, etc. on a defense team should be visible to the raiding party team in player phase? I'm not seeing them applied when I test my defense team.

Had a successful defense with 2 listed kills, so I thought maybe they just lost track of the timer. Instead, it was someone who never successfully got past the initial pull. They decided to bait Painscilla with Y!Azura with their entire team clustered around her, so they got totally wrecked and lost two units. Surrender followed.

I've been doing pretty well on offense, especially considering I haven't bought the offensive tactics room and everyone seems to have a leveled defense fortress now. All these +10's with bonus stats are pretty nasty. I've only been missing out on breaking some aether pots, since most maps have at least one I can't reach before I'm forced to kill their last unit.

Still feels bad to see my progress keep getting dragged down by failed defenses, though. I see the top players are getting very far away from everyone now. Probably with near-perfect play + no or little lost lift from defenses. I lost another 80 yesterday from somebody rematching me, and another 60 sometime this morning. They second lost a unit to WoM Azura surprising them, but like everyone else who challenges my team they had mostly whale +10s and otherwise trivialized it. It should be cool to see replays of people fighting you, bit with how it affects your score I instead find myself hoping for no defense results at all anymore.

they seriously need to limit the amount of objectives being placeable on defense maps just like its limited on offense. all those cosmetic stuff is clusterfucking everything... Not that i lost but its just tedious

Edited by Hilda

4 hours ago, Tree said:

I guess that's possible, but I thought I had seen tactic effects applied to enemy units. I'm having the same issue with cooldown skills such as Ostia's Pulse and Infantry Pulse. I created a team with both skills and the raiding party had both applied (stacked), while the identical defense team had neither.

@Ice Dragon Do you know if effects from tactics skills, cooldown skills, etc. on a defense team should be visible to the raiding party team in player phase? I'm not seeing them applied when I test my defense team.

They all apply on the enemy's first phase, you just have to take your initial (player) turn first. This is the case with any skill that activates turn one (like Pulses) and buffs in general (notably Wave skills). If you were to kill the enemy before they even get their turn one, the effects of those skills won't activate.

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

they seriously need to limit the amount of objectives being placeable on defense maps just like its limited on offense. all those cosmetic stuff is clusterfucking everything... Not that i lost but its just tedious

It's the revenge of Fates's Snow Shoveling Simulator. :P:

Definitely does feel a bit odd to me. I wasn't expecting them to let us place extra destructable junk when there's already a sizable amount of practical defensive structures. Things are only going to get more cluttered going forward.

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

They all apply on the enemy's first phase, you just have to take your initial (player) turn first. This is the case with any skill that activates turn one (like Pulses) and buffs in general (notably Wave skills). If you were to kill the enemy before they even get their turn one, the effects of those skills won't activate.

For tactics skills, I thought "at start of turn" meant the actual turn, not the phase. That's a bit annoying.

I just tested the first brave heroes map (paralogue 24) in the story mode (since Celica has Attack Tactic) and I didn't see the values applied at all even several turns later. I thought that I had seen the tactic boost effect on enemy units before. Is it not possible to see the effect on enemy units? If it is, am I doing something wrong to test it on that map? (There are two each of cavalry and infantry and I made sure Celica was within two spaces  of one when I checked the enemy stats.)

1 hour ago, Tree said:

For tactics skills, I thought "at start of turn" meant the actual turn, not the phase. That's a bit annoying.

I just tested the first brave heroes map (paralogue 24) in the story mode (since Celica has Attack Tactic) and I didn't see the values applied at all even several turns later. I thought that I had seen the tactic boost effect on enemy units before. Is it not possible to see the effect on enemy units? If it is, am I doing something wrong to test it on that map? (There are two each of cavalry and infantry and I made sure Celica was within two spaces  of one when I checked the enemy stats.)

I just went to that map and Celica's. Atk Tactic applied as normal for me on the first enemy phase. Not sure what's going on on your end.

12 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

I just went to that map and Celica's. Atk Tactic applied as normal for me on the first enemy phase. Not sure what's going on on your end.

OK, so I tried it again on the first map (normal difficultly) and lined things up differently than last time. It "worked" this time but not in the way I expected. Veronica is in the top right corner, right below her is an empty space, below that is the archer, and below that is Celica (four squares down). On turn two (player phase) both the archer and Veronica have the +2 attack effect even though Veronica is now three spaces away and "should" not get the attack increase.

I originally thought it was based on the global turns consisting of both a player and an enemy phase, but it appears to be pairs of player phases and separate pairs of enemy phases. So this means that it should be possible for a unit to be in range for tactics skills at the start of an enemy phase, have the tactics skill wielder move out of range on the same phase, and preserve the effect through the next player phase even though the unit is out of range for the tactic skill. The effect would last even though the requirements are no longer met and the phase has changed. When the next enemy phase arrives, the distance check would be evaluated again. I hope that's correct, but I'm still not entirely sure.

I was trying to use some of this on my Aether Raids defense team, but it's really hard to test this.

@Tree that's intended. Field buffs (the kind you can see outside of combat) generally last for one turn with turn defined as "through the opposing team's phase". So a player could buff their Walhart with tactics, then have him move 3 spaces away from his team to take advantage of Wolf Berg, and the Tactics buffs will last until the start of the next player phase.

Likewise the enemy could do the same thing with the buffs lasting until the start of the next ememy phase. Not being required to maintain proximity is the primary benefit field buffs have over something like drive stacking

14 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

47 aether now? 
Like... so. what? you only play twice a day? 

i don't think i like this mode. 

They need to implement a no-aether no-lift mode, and quickly.

26 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

@Tree that's intended. Field buffs (the kind you can see outside of combat) generally last for one turn with turn defined as "through the opposing team's phase". So a player could buff their Walhart with tactics, then have him move 3 spaces away from his team to take advantage of Wolf Berg, and the Tactics buffs will last until the start of the next player phase.

Likewise the enemy could do the same thing with the buffs lasting until the start of the next ememy phase. Not being required to maintain proximity is the primary benefit field buffs have over something like drive stacking

OK, seems that tactics skills are much more valuable than I thought. Thanks for the explanation.

26 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

47 aether now? 
Like... so. what? you only play twice a day? 

i don't think i like this mode. 

I was thinking that it might cap at 50, but it does not. That's possibly the reason for the daily free run, but I don't feel that the free run is a good solution.