Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Did one of my runs of the day. 11040 with a possible -80 from def still. 
Since I can't rematch anyone anymore, I'll wait till the last hours to do a random battle or see if I'll get a def win/nice rematch option.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time I have to come up with an additional team which counters goads. The last defense Team I saw have been like counterpicks to my offensive team. My Athena can't possibly double Fliers who have 5 Goad Flier supports. xD So today was bad as well, but I don't care so much for this week anymore. AR gets less fun if you feel like you lost already by choosing a false team. 10,500 Lift, But even if all wins had been perfect I would have been 20 Lift short. Motivation also got dragged down by defense.

Edited by Stroud

My defense loss for the day was only -20, and it seems like it's because the challenger wasn't expecting me to have put both of my real traps on the same side. Tough luck.

Both of my offense runs today were against joke maps, so I unapologetically picked up a free 340 Lift for a total gain of 320 Lift today, ending at 11,470 Lift, which is currently rank 378.

Next week is another 100-Lift-maximum slog week, and it seems there aren't yet 3,000 players in Tier 21 (or just barely that many), so I can probably finally take it easy next week.

10993 Lift to end the season, a good summary of what I hate about this mode.

I know, I know; me having a free-win defense map and not giving a damn are responsible for it, I'm not actually mad about barely missing on T21, I could live without the few extra grails probably till the end of my time with FEH as well. Also, it's actually likely to land in T21 at some point if I continue the way I play through sheer luck and possibly decreasing difficulty.

Still, this mode hasn't changed in the fun category. It's a horrible time in my case with no fun whatsoever. If I get a dark mythic hero, I'll probably have less issues (or if I build a proper cancer defense team, but that's not worth the investment of rare skills/units, feathers for merges, and blessing locks).

@Ice Dragon You are correct, there aren't 3000 people yet in T21. I'm still #1646, so T21 has a bit more than half of the top tier players.

32 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I know, I know; me having a free-win defense map and not giving a damn are responsible for it, I'm not actually mad about barely missing on T21, I could live without the few extra grails probably till the end of my time with FEH as well. Also, it's actually likely to land in T21 at some point if I continue the way I play through sheer luck and possibly decreasing difficulty.

If you have a Nailah the light season Nailah bonus week is a really good time. I've played the vast majority of my matches this week with Nailah carrying---the team is 2 Eir, 1 Corrin, 1 Leg Azura, 1 Nailah. (Corrin has TA-3 Axe-breaker to do the obvious thing to greens Nailah has problems with---weak greens are still destroyed if you stack enough stats.)

Considering Nailah was missing +8 all stats from bonus unit stats & level 4 fort, if I waited 2 weeks it should've been pretty trivial to climb up.

Also, I feel like there's a huge ass difference in skill level between the top 1k and top 3k---my defense team, from what I've seen, flat out doesn't work vs. top 1k level players, but top 3k get stomped every once in a while. This means that as weeks go by T21 should get significantly easier as the best and most consistent players filter out.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

If you have a Nailah ...

Please don't remind me. ; _ ;

As posted in the pull topic, I've spent all I got sniping for her... yes, sniping, and got two Leannes, Ephraim, Fallen Celica and Tibarn... I have gotten so many 5* units this year already, and none of them what I actually aimed for (not saying I can't use what I got, but it's still super painful regardless.). After the last one, I can't bring myself spending the rest of my TT orbs on a base percentage, 4-units banner. I surrender my wish to get the AR units of cancer lore (same with the L!Azura banner, sniped, got everything but her) and have accepted that the game just doesn't want to ease my AR pain, but rather just shower me with random 5* units, so I can look like a jerk when I complain about it.

Otherwise, yeah, it should get easier with time, as with all the other "PvP" modes, but having to play a mode I don't like every day, compared to once a week is just exhausting even if that is the case.

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

You are correct, there aren't 3000 people yet in T21. I'm still #1646, so T21 has a bit more than half of the top tier players.

Good to know. Now I get a week where I don't have to stress out over this mode.

Based on this, I don't think enough players will make it into Tier 21 to fill out 3,000 by the end of next Light season even, so it should be smooth sailing for at least the next 3 weeks unless the Mythic being released this week is Astra.

Upgrading my defensive fort and increase to 6 characters helped me, only loss 20 lift last loss and 40 before that.  I've made it into tier 20 also, but it is getting really tough...looking like whale only territory.  Don't think 21 is a possibility hope I can at least stay in 20 the coming non light blessing weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Upgrading my defensive fort and increase to 6 characters helped me, only loss 20 lift last loss and 40 before that.  I've made it into tier 20 also, but it is getting really tough...looking like whale only territory.  Don't think 21 is a possibility hope I can at least stay in 20 the coming non light blessing weeks. 

It’s not entirely whales, I managed to get there with a defense and offense team consisting of only +0 merges except my +6 Aversa. 

My only +10, Nowi, wasn’t called upon this week. 

So it is possible! You can do it upcoming Light season!

Likewise, my Light season units aren't very whale-y, though some use of 5-star exclusives may be hard to replicate.

Offense all stars: Surtr + 0 -Atk, Hardin +0 -Atk, B!Hector +0 +Atk, M!Corrin +0, Odin +4 (probably the most expensive unit on my AR roster—not because of the merges, which are generally unnecessary—but because of the SIed Def/Res Link), Eir +0, Eir +2 (no money spent here, just lucky for once, but the two base copies are the important part, since the +2 is basically nothing in terms of score).

Defense all stars:  Lilina +1, Nino +10 (expensive in merges, but thanks to her early game F2P dominance, many people have her merged up), L!Azura.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

At 11040, I'm at rank 1483 right now. I'd guess something close to 1.6k players

Ah, good to know. I guess it'll be far longer than I imagined before T21 requires competitive play again unless this week's new Mythic hero is Astra-type

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Ah, good to know. I guess it'll be far longer than I imagined before T21 requires competitive play again unless this week's new Mythic hero is Astra-type

There are currently 1677 people in T21.

So next light season we’ll probably still have less than 3k in Exos.

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

It’s not entirely whales, I managed to get there with a defense and offense team consisting of only +0 merges except my +6 Aversa. 

My only +10, Nowi, wasn’t called upon this week. 

So it is possible! You can do it upcoming Light season!

Cool I hope so!  Also if can get a defense mythic hero then can reduce losses on that side which will help a lot too.  

Managed to dodge a def loss in the last 3 hours and got into Tier 21. 

I was really lucky this season. Blew up all my ladders on the first day and even got a loss on offense. On def, I only got attacked 4 times since the start and one of them I got a win. Total loss on def was 220 lift. Today I lost my second match on offense and was really close to get kicked out of T21, with only 40 lift to spare, but avoided attacks and all went well.

I made it to Tier 20!

...Just barely, but I did make it!  I like my team of Eir, Eir, Titania, Red Micaiah, and Blue Micaiah (all light blessed).  160 lift allowed me to make a few mistakes and still make it to tier 20.  I think I'll try out Nailah now...  Looking forward to using her!  My team for this week will probably exchange Eir^2 for Nailah and B!Lyn (I'll be trying to think of a Tellian to replace B!Lyn, but there aren't any Tellian archers in...)

Congrats to everybody who promoted at least one tier this week!

I figured that this last season is the best shot I will ever get to make T21 with Eir being a bonus unit and with Legendary Azura lining up with water season.  I cannot remember being this determined or focused in FEH before.  I pulled out all the stops to try to make it, from a new defense map to making 5 teams to counter all possible threats, to inheriting SI from GHB/TT units for the first time ever, to spending tons of feathers for building Galeforce Peri and more.

The results: 11,100 lift and rank 1,189!  I still to this minute cannot believe I pulled it off! 

I felt I got very lucky with my match-ups and only had to use the ladder once; I upgraded to level 3 just in case, but it wasn't necessary.

@Vicious Sal Thank you for sharing how many folks are in T21!  I figured 1500-2000 before I saw your posts, so it's cool to get an exact number!

Now for some shout-outs:

@Johann Thank you so much for helping me with my defense map!  It turned out I didn't need it since I only lost 3 units total this week, so if I had eaten 7 -80s, I'd still have 11,020 lift, enough to make it anyway.  I ran into a bit of bad luck with defense match-ups, but it was still pretty effective!
@Maaka Thank you for convincing me to give DC to my Fae!  I was very apprehensive at first to inherit that skill onto her, but you convinced me, and it paid off big!

@Azuris Thank you for your advice and for cheering me on!  You certainly helped me make it to the top!

@Alkaid What can I say?  I cannot thank you enough for helping me out these last few weeks!  From convincing me to build Galeforce Peri, which saved my bacon on one of the battles, to other tips and pointers, you have meant the world to me here in AR!  I wish I could repay you somehow!

5 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

The results: 11,100 lift and rank 1,189!  I still to this minute cannot believe I pulled it off! 

Grats on making it to T21. It really is not an easy target.

I will make it later to T21, need to put more brain into my def team and adjust offensive. Maybe I start asking for advice. 

8 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

Congrats to everybody who promoted at least one tier this week!

I figured that this last season is the best shot I will ever get to make T21 with Eir being a bonus unit and with Legendary Azura lining up with water season.  I cannot remember being this determined or focused in FEH before.  I pulled out all the stops to try to make it, from a new defense map to making 5 teams to counter all possible threats, to inheriting SI from GHB/TT units for the first time ever, to spending tons of feathers for building Galeforce Peri and more.

I felt I got very lucky with my match-ups and only had to use the ladder once; I upgraded to level 3 just in case, but it wasn't necessary.

@Vicious Sal Thank you for sharing how many folks are in T21!  I figured 1500-2000 before I saw your posts, so it's cool to get an exact number!

Now for some shout-outs:

@Johann Thank you so much for helping me with my defense map!  It turned out I didn't need it since I only lost 3 units total this week, so if I had eaten 7 -80s, I'd still have 11,020 lift, enough to make it anyway.  I ran into a bit of bad luck with defense match-ups, but it was still pretty effective!
@Maaka Thank you for convincing me to give DC to my Fae!  I was very apprehensive at first to inherit that skill onto her, but you convinced me, and it paid off big!

@Azuris Thank you for your advice and for cheering me on!  You certainly helped me make it to the top!

@Alkaid What can I say?  I cannot thank you enough for helping me out these last few weeks!  From convincing me to build Galeforce Peri, which saved my bacon on one of the battles, to other tips and pointers, you have meant the world to me here in AR!  I wish I could repay you somehow!

Well deserved, congratulations!