Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Argh, it's frustrating forgetting to break the aether structures at the end even when there's a good chance.

I've been pretty successful with Fjorm/Micaiah/Eirika/Reinhardt/Cecilia this week so far.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Argh, it's frustrating forgetting to break the aether structures at the end even when there's a good chance.

Yeah I've definitely left a couple behind despite having no reason to not hit them. Like, straight up just ignored it before finishing the map with no threat to time or survival

9 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Sorry. It's just the pain of being a whale getting eaten by sharks - spending so much to lose.

Feeling a little better today. My Not Reinhardt, Not Brave Lyn, and Not Veronica saved me from a total loss, and I won the rematch so I'm not going to fall out of T19. I'll save the tears for if I fall.

If it makes you feel any better being a fort level down is about 8 or 9 merges worth of stat difference. (You don't get hp from fort levels, but it's also usually a very middling stat.)

The maps you're fighting with +10 level 3 fort would be about the same as a guy with level 4 fort but +0 units. And using +0s usually means that they have a wider unit pool.

16 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

If it makes you feel any better being a fort level down is about 8 or 9 merges worth of stat difference. (You don't get hp from fort levels, but it's also usually a very middling stat.)

The maps you're fighting with +10 level 3 fort would be about the same as a guy with level 4 fort but +0 units. And using +0s usually means that they have a wider unit pool.

LOL, I actually feel worse. I feel like an Abyssal map when it gets shredded by a PM1 guide. On defense I have the fort advantage most of the time.

Really need to come up with a counter measure against full fledged flier teams. Somehow its funny, I can easily beat most teams (at least those I meet) but struggle against cheesy flier teams full with Goad and Ward. But I've got an idea for the next time. Just need to prepare a certain unit in my barracks. Wish I would meet more of those the rest of the week so I am totally prepared next week...

Also have to be careful that I do not use my Deirdre without calculating. Next week can come, so I can finally reach T21.

Today I secured my T20 rank, so I'm not going to demote. My terrible day 1 got me worried for a while, and I still feel like I need to be better at offense.

I am thinking about changing my defense, but when I see 3 successful defenses next to each other, I'm thinking it's doing the job.

I had a defense win where my Veronica danced her way to victory and my enemy surrendered before Veronica killed his last unit. Tiki and Nowi even got slaughtered by his LMarth.

It was really disgusting and I almost felt bad but then I realized that he also had a Veronica with the almost exact same build on his team and that he used 5 units against my four units so eh, he had plenty of chances to turn the fight around.

And because of that fight I realized that I really shouldn't have used my aether stones like crazy on getting more aether and traps because now I don't have enough to unlock the fifth team spot >_>
So for these next two weeks I'll just have to bear with it and play super careful because I'll probably start fighting people with 5 units with my 4 units.

Edited by Hekselka

2 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I had a defense win where my Veronica danced her way to victory and my enemy surrendered before Veronica killed his last unit. Tiki and Nowi even got slaughtered by his LMarth.

It was really disgusting and I almost felt bad but then I realized that he also had a Veronica with the almost exact same build on his team and the he used 5 units against my four units so eh, he had plenty of chances to turn the fight around.

And because of that fight I realized that I really shouldn't have used my aether stones like crazy on getting more aether and traps because now I don't have enough to unlock the fifth team spot >_>
So for these next two weeks I'll just have to bear with it and play super careful because I'll probably start fighting people with 5 units with my 4 units.

Aether Amphorae and Aether Fountain do not cost Aether Stones. They cost Heavenly Dew.

I would prioritize offense over defense. The impact of defense on Lift is much less than offense. If you have nothing else to spend on offense, then I would start upgrading defense.

You want to prioritize structures generally in this order:
1. Fortress (O) / Aether Amphorae / Aether Fountain
Having a stat advantage on offense makes battles easier. Having more Aether also means you can do battles more often.
2. Offense Raiding Party Slot / Escape Ladder (O)
Having an extra ally on offense makes battles easier. Escape Ladder essentially gives you 3 extra battles.
3. Bonus Structure (O) of the week to Level 1
4. Fortress (D)
5. Defense Slots
6. Bonus Structure (D) of the week to Level 1
7. Everything else.

Structures I advise against upgrading past level 1 are Bolt Towers and Lightning Traps, unless you really know what you are doing. Upgrading them gives offensive teams that utilize HP thresholds a really strong advantage against your defense team.

Edited by XRay

I’ve been maintaining tier 19 because while I enjoy this mode I’m not really interested in trying to grind it any higher. I am excited though because I managed to only lose lift on defense once this week and I’m pretty sure seven defense wins is a new personal best (I do have green Airzura and a special spiral Ophelia on there so it’s a little cheap but honestly it’s Cherche’s guidance mixed with Celica’s surprising bulk and Micaiah’s unexpected speed/Thani that tend to throw people off).

So far this week worked pretty well. On a Light season I would have reached T21. Next week is the first season I can reach T21 entirely depending on offensive. One or two Def wins would be nice though, they would take a bit pressure. I can only lose 80 lift the whole week. Thanks to Eir, ladders and offensive fortress lv 4 it should be possible. 

Is next week going to be water season?

If not, the only way for me to get 140 point fights would be to give a light blessing to Berkut, Tobin, or Camilla and use them as my bonus unit, and I don't like any of those options. This is exactly what got me to give up on arena, tbh.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Is next week going to be water season?

Water season, its already visible in the menu. 

And Tobin is actually not that bad, he has done very good last week. But at least I also have more options this week with Fjorm.

Did today’s matches early thinking that people wouldn’t change their bonus structure and it has worked!

As a result:

Ladders used: 1/3 (Time out)

Changes: Azura out - Fjorm in

Current Points: 10105

Missed Pots: 1

Had a really good defensive season last week- so many successes with only 4 failures (some couldn't be helped because of things like Duma or L!Azura being baited instead of dancing the Rallying Ophelia).

But basically I used the desert map with the defense tiles, with an Armored Boots Duma just above the defense tiles while Bath!Sakura, Bath!Hinoka and L!Azura in the middle while Ophelia and Lector on the right. The idea is Ophelia Rallies Azura, then gets danced with a fully charged AoE decimating the unit who is aiming to bait Azura (only a few can live, like W!Fae).

Hinoka then has Air Orders active for Sakura and Azura, and Sakura, depending on where Duma moves to, can jump ahead and annoy the opponent with Gravity. LHector also jumps in with Azura's Guidance and will Swap someone while Hinoka Draws Back another with her Link skill.

I'm gonna miss this when the Hot Spring characters aren't bonus units anymore

Have to go with Fjorm this week, if she really gets +5 Res from Eir, I'll have a Fjorm who basically tank dragons. Berkut is slow, Tobin is shit, and with Hector I can't get 140 per match. Out of the seasonal legendaries, I'll see if I can get use of Ike, Ryoma and Tiki as well, that'd be cool.

10,140 Lift with one def loss and 1 unit lost on offensive. I still have all 3 ladders and did not miss 1 pot. Thanks Tobin that he shields units so I can gather the pots.
Ironically the team I lost the unit against had the weakest fortress. But he just had more than one weakness for my Deirdre, if it weren't for that Lilina, Eir and Aversa... And I messed up the positioning, should have pushed Tobin through.

10 Rounds to go and I can still lose 60 Lift. At this pace I should finally reach T21. Hopefully I don't have to fight my way through with only def losses...

Good luck to everyone trying get a higher rank, especially the people that will finally have their shot at T21!

This week and last week I have been super busy so I decided I wouldn’t spend any mental capacity for AR. I’ve been throwing Nailah at everything with L!Azura buffs and so far I lost my ladders, but I’m T 22 already, so by playing just my daily matches I should be able to not demote. And that is all I want currently. I’ll shoot for T26/T26 when my schedule isn’t that busy. Those 4 or5 extra flowers and grails don’t matter THAT much.

Four losses in a row, which is entirely new to me. I usually do decently in this mode and sit comfortably at tier 19, but today I went up against armies of armors and people hiding a ridiculously tanky Surtr on the other corner of the map and couldn't really do anything about it. I think I need to rethink my team for this week.

Hmm. I want to use a light blessing on Loki to have a mobile Tactics Room, but I'm concerned about going down to just one in reserve with how low light blessing income has been lately. It's all been anima this month, since Duma released.

Bonus units probably aren't too big of a concern unless this really lasts. I have Fjorm for this week, then Eir for the next two weeks. I don't know what the bonus unit rotation will be after that, but the first week of the next rotation is Astra/Anima anyway. Past that... hopefully things cooperate one way or the other, I guess.

Regardless, it's still a sacrifice of options for something I'm not sure will work out well. Has anyone else tried using Loki in AR offense?

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Hmm. I want to use a light blessing on Loki to have a mobile Tactics Room, but I'm concerned about going down to just one in reserve with how low light blessing income has been lately. It's all been anima this month, since Duma released.

Bonus units probably aren't too big of a concern unless this really lasts. I have Fjorm for this week, then Eir for the next two weeks. I don't know what the bonus unit rotation will be after that, but the first week of the next rotation is Astra/Anima anyway. Past that... hopefully things cooperate one way or the other, I guess.

Regardless, it's still a sacrifice of options for something I'm not sure will work out well. Has anyone else tried using Loki in AR offense?

Loki's one of the best AR offense units, up there with Aversa. I'd do it since there aren't many units with such consistent use to warrant a permanent slot on a team.

Regarding bonus heroes, the rotation always goes like this:

• 1 Mythic hero on rotation (judging by Eir's return in that slot), so currently Eir and Duma til late March
  • 5 new heroes (so next is Keaton, Velouria, Kaden, Selkie, and Panne)
  • If there are less than 5 new heroes, they'll substitute the extra slots with seemingly random 3-4* units
  • 2 GHB/TT heroes going down the line of their release, viewable from the Grails menu. Next should be BK/Arvis > Arden/Joshua > Oliver/NY Corrin and so on
  • 1 Legendary hero going down the line of their release; after Lucina, it should be Marth > Tiki > Eirika > Hrid > Azura and so on
  • 1 of Askr Trio/Fjorm on rotation, the order being Alfonse > Sharena > Anna > Fjorm

So the next lineup will very likely be Duma, Keaton, Velouria, Kaden, Selkie, Panne, Black Knight, Arvis, Legendary Marth, and Sharena. March will also likely be primarily Fire season, which will be pretty nice if you have Marth.

I just... accidentally sabotaged a double WoM insta-Glacies setup by being an idiot. I rearranged all my teams, then forgot to swap Fjorm's loadout, so she was still using my Slaying Spear+ Arena set. It was set up to have a Miracle Nowi and Galeforce Tibarn set up on the pull (though I guess I could have also face pulled Lilina and Fae), which looked like it was trying to have Sonya drop into bomb Fjorms, then die so Lilina could drop in to bomb her. Well, my Fjorm almost died from Sonya, but since she didn't kill on retaliation, Lilina got stuck just wandering aimlessly. Tibarn also did 0 damage, but their Ninian thought it'd be a good idea to give him a third round anyway, so that waste a potential extra attack from Sonya. And since my Arena set has Fjorm with Aether, Nowi, bizarrely attacking basically last, just gave Fjorm 3/4 of her HP back (which my Eirs then pushed to full).

22 minutes ago, Johann said:

Loki's one of the best AR offense units, up there with Aversa. I'd do it since there aren't many units with such consistent use to warrant a permanent slot on a team.

Regarding bonus heroes, the rotation always goes like this:

• 1 Mythic hero on rotation (judging by Eir's return in that slot), so currently Eir and Duma til late March
  • 5 new heroes (so next is Keaton, Velouria, Kaden, Selkie, and Panne)
  • If there are less than 5 new heroes, they'll substitute the extra slots with seemingly random 3-4* units
  • 2 GHB/TT heroes going down the line of their release, viewable from the Grails menu. Next should be BK/Arvis > Arden/Joshua > Oliver/NY Corrin and so on
  • 1 Legendary hero going down the line of their release; after Lucina, it should be Marth > Tiki > Eirika > Hrid > Azura and so on
  • 1 of Askr Trio/Fjorm on rotation, the order being Alfonse > Sharena > Anna > Fjorm

So the next lineup will very likely be Duma, Keaton, Velouria, Kaden, Selkie, Panne, Black Knight, Arvis, Legendary Marth, and Sharena. March will also likely be primarily Fire season, which will be pretty nice if you have Marth.

Huh, I'd been thinking of Aversa as primarily a defense unit, but offense makes a lot of sense as well.

The only issue with Loki is that I'd already wanted her with a regular blessing to use C Duel Infantry in arena. Although it's not like I've been caring much about arena in a long time, or even given her a B skill to prepare for actually using her there. So it seems like a good call.

That's useful to know about the bonus hero rotation. Unfortunately, I don't have Marth, so that lineup doesn't look great for me. (Or any of the other post-Lyn legendary heroes, for that matter.) I'll probably end up having to give a light blessing to either Panne or Sharena, which is a bit irritating. At least if I go with Sharena, she'll be insurance for future rotations with her.

Looks like the Valentine's rotation will be from February 26 to March 11, then the 3DS beasts rotation will be from March 12 to March 25. There's no way to be sure, but elemental hero banners are never that early, right? So the Binding Blade rotation (March 26 to April 8) will probably start before the March mythic and therefore have Eir again. That's handy, although she'll be out of the picture for a while afterward.

Hopefully soon they'll start switching between light and anima blessings for the weekly rewards, rather than just anima like we've been getting. I wonder if tonight's datamine will have any information about that?

Edited by Othin