On 3/30/2019 at 11:36 PM, Rose482 said:

Tormod/Muarim/Vika are.....something let's just say, they aren't easy to train at all, heck I would prefer to train Meg or Fiona over them lol, of course it's up to you if you want to try using any of them, but I won't recommend it for someone who's playing FE10 for the first time. 

Also Tormod comes with a very good skill on him, remember to take it off of him, becasue you....might not get the chance to do it again for a very long time if you waited for later, and also just like last chapter, this chapter also has a master seal, don't forget to pick it up.

I know master seals might seem useless looking at how units can promote without them anyway, but they could save you some exp if you used them on a level 20 unit, and of course if you wanted to promote a unit who didn't reach level 20 yet, which sometimes could be the case if you ended up using too many units and wanted them all promoted before the end of part 1.

I'm not so sure I see it with Tormod. I've got about a dozen or so as is, but he'll be more useful than Fiona.

Ah yes, Celerity. I don't know if I'll be wanting to keep him, so I have my doubts at present about doing that. I should probably take the skills off Meg and FIona though.

Honestly, with how many you can get in Part 1 I think you can get away with using them all by level 20 just because of how many there are and the numbers of units you use. Besides, with how many units I've focused on who aren't yet, I think I have enough for pretty much everyone. It's well worth it, considering that I can't sell the seals anyway.

On 3/31/2019 at 12:37 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope. Just a little BEXP (400), no other rewards. If Nico the little boy had died, you'd miss out on a rewards-free Base Conversation later, but nothing else.

Each prisoner who survives in Chapter 7 is worth 200 BEXP, if they escape, you get 400 (not sure if it stacks or replaces the survival BEXP).

And about Fiona, she has... issues. She turns out well in the long run, but there are problems along the way. Two you should be noticing right away are:

1. Her movement isn't what it seems to be for a Cavalier. All Beorc mounted units, I don't think Laguz fliers, lose 2 Move on maps classified as indoors. They keep their hit-and-run, but this is a weaker replacement for dismounting to balance them. Likewise, they cannot climb cliffs.
  2. Her bases. She comes at Nolan's base level with stats that are the same or worse outside of Mag & Res. And Nolan came forever ago by this point. 

This said, I did see someone use Fiona on Hard Mode almost effortlessly for the first playthrough, some blessed levels helped. So you can try. If you want to grind her, then a forged Iron Lance against the boss, if she proced Strength a couple times already, works. Or, wait until you find a Priest with a HP healing Staff and have her attack it again and again, due to their Staff, they'll regen HP every turn. Ideally, have someone who comes in the next chapter use a little niche skill they have on the Priest first.

As for Ranulf, he is the best Cat. So you'll be in luck with that.

And if you plan to remove Celerity, wait until before the final battle of Part 1 to do that.

That's still 400 BExp that was impossible to get.

Good thing I've figured out how to get them to escape.

Let's be honest, with the amount of poor units I'm still using (*cough Leonardo), I doubt Fiona's got a spot in this team. Also yeah, beorc mounts are all slowed down indoors I see. That's going to get annoying, isn't it?

On 3/31/2019 at 10:37 PM, eclipse said:

Cat (the class) is bad because of their gauge.  Ranulf is the best of the lot.

Tigers don't require the micro-management a cat does, but they have their own shortfalls.

Well that's a shame, I'll have to read on how the transformation meters work.

Took way too long to get round to it, but Chapter 7 cleared. In it, I took too long to ensure I didn't get ganged up on by units that didn't move, nearly got destroyed by some poor play around two sets of reinforcements (Leonardo's actual defences saved the day) and capped Michiah (Thanks Paragon!) and promoted Jill (The next closest is on level 19). Afterwards, Izuka showed more and more it might as well be Izuka is the secret heir. To the point where despite his rightly calling the lesd up to the next chapter a trap handles the news in a manner that just makes him too untrustworthy.

Also, tried chapter 8 and I'll be honest, I think this is the worst example of forced availability I've seen so far. You get 4 units to choose while Tormod and Nailah's forces take up 6 slots in your party, which honestly would be enough for me to put who I want in in place of the laguz I'd rather bench (Well, if we count Jill, who's not even an option).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well that's a shame, I'll have to read on how the transformation meters work.

Here:

Transformation Gauge

Class Untransformed Transformed
Turn Battle Turn Battle
Wolf +6 +10 -4 -3
Tiger +8 +15 -4 -3
Cat +10 +15 -5 -4
Lion +5 +10 -3 -2
Raven +6 +10 -4 -3
Hawk +8 +15 -4 -3
Heron (Reyson) +4 +10 -5 -6
Heron (Rafiel) +3 +6 -5 -8
Heron (Leanne) +3 +8 -5 -8

Olivi Grass becomes buyable in significant but not infinite quantities later though.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, tried chapter 8 and I'll be honest, I think this is the worst example of forced availability I've seen so far. You get 4 units to choose while Tormod and Nailah's forces take up 6 slots in your party, which honestly would be enough for me to put who I want in in place of the laguz I'd rather bench (Well, if we count Jill, who's not even an option).

The logic I think of leaving out Jill, and Fiona, is that she is an official member of the Daein Liberation Army. Micaiah's Dawn Brigade and associates work within it, but aren't quite so bound. -Yet they botched this in still letting Zihark get fielded.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 2:38 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here:

Transformation Gauge

Class Untransformed Transformed
Turn Battle Turn Battle
Wolf +6 +10 -4 -3
Tiger +8 +15 -4 -3
Cat +10 +15 -5 -4
Lion +5 +10 -3 -2
Raven +6 +10 -4 -3
Hawk +8 +15 -4 -3
Heron (Reyson) +4 +10 -5 -6
Heron (Rafiel) +3 +6 -5 -8
Heron (Leanne) +3 +8 -5 -8

Olivi Grass becomes buyable in significant but not infinite quantities later though.

Sadly couldn't get the drop in chapter 9.

On 4/13/2019 at 2:38 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The logic I think of leaving out Jill, and Fiona, is that she is an official member of the Daein Liberation Army. Micaiah's Dawn Brigade and associates work within it, but aren't quite so bound. -Yet they botched this in still letting Zihark get fielded.

Indeed.

Then why's Tauroneo banned for the finale?

Jeez, it has been a bit.

I cleared 8 and 9 this time, more than 1 for once. 8 took some specific stuff: Tormod initially distracts the mages and fliers in the east until Sothe can get there (with a 4% crit rate from the boss that would have killed Tormod. Too cheesy, right?), a bunch of good vigor galdr to ensure I could get moves as needed, the laguz being a squad of prisoner convoys and it was still almost for nothing because a hand axe flier threatened to ruin everything right near the end. Thankfully, Nolan saved the villagers by hitting twice in the end, ensuring the clear. Chapter 9 is interesting in concept, but I regret not just having BK pick up Michiah and run around because I got her killed once and near killed in my clear, not to mention screwing the BXP pooch badly and clearing too slowly to get more BXP than the clear. As for levels, the unpromoted units are getting closer thankfully (some good levels ensure their relevance in the final chapter imo) and Jill is at least be promoted in advance of the finale.

As for the story, I kind of wish I had more reason to care about Jarod, because he got a lot of focus and it felt like I was told to feel a bit of something for the prick. Meanwhile Izuka proves that he should have been killed before this game by trying to make Muarim a Feral One, which is conveniently resolved because Rafiel. Michiah's also getting in the spirit of being the hero Daein needs. This can only end poorly well.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Then why's Tauroneo banned for the finale?

I get the sense it's because he's one of Daein's higher commanders. That his experience as a general familiar with the military as a whole and not just fighting is of such importance, it is better to have him off the battlefield with a risk of dying (gameplay-story segregation here) doing strategic and operational stuff. Besides the fact it's good to have someone defending the liege in reserve.

-Such logic is never usually used by FE on the player side, and Micaiah is a case of this defiance. Not to mention RD is already giving you freedom to use the BK and Nailah, who are even more powerful than Tauroneo.

Although if you consider "sitting on a throne" to be "off the battlefield" you could say most bosses in FE do this. After all, by the time you get to them, I think it's fair to say the battlefield has been lost for the enemy and you're attacking their base camps barring warpskip

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

As for the story, I kind of wish I had more reason to care about Jarod, because he got a lot of focus and it felt like I was told to feel a bit of something for the prick. Meanwhile Izuka proves that he should have been killed before this game by trying to make Muarim a Feral One, which is conveniently resolved because Rafiel.

Can't deny Jarod was made too unsympathetic. If he ever gets a GHB in FEH, I want him surrounded by three Lance Infantry, all of which he kills as soon as the battle starts. That one little thing turned him too caricature-ishly evil for me. At least Micaiah realized she made a mistake in sparing him, naive she was, but she paid the price and I think we can say she definitely regrets it.

As for Izuka, he fled before Ike and co. took the tower of laguz inhumanity at the end of PoR I guess. Muarim being saved by Rafiel is on that note not without precedent, since Rajaion was feral for years and yet Leanne and Reyson managed to restore his sanity in his final moments.

The reason I suggested Micaiah hit 11-13 Spd earlier was precisely because of 1-9, so she doesn't get doubled and thus she can survive a round of combat.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:18 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I get the sense it's because he's one of Daein's higher commanders. That his experience as a general familiar with the military as a whole and not just fighting is of such importance, it is better to have him off the battlefield with a risk of dying (gameplay-story segregation here) doing strategic and operational stuff. Besides the fact it's good to have someone defending the liege in reserve.

-Such logic is never usually used by FE on the player side, and Micaiah is a case of this defiance. Not to mention RD is already giving you freedom to use the BK and Nailah, who are even more powerful than Tauroneo.

Although if you consider "sitting on a throne" to be "off the battlefield" you could say most bosses in FE do this. After all, by the time you get to them, I think it's fair to say the battlefield has been lost for the enemy and you're attacking their base camps barring warpskip

Well, I'm hopeful that he can be pulled out later on if need be.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:18 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't deny Jarod was made too unsympathetic. If he ever gets a GHB in FEH, I want him surrounded by three Lance Infantry, all of which he kills as soon as the battle starts. That one little thing turned him too caricature-ishly evil for me. At least Micaiah realized she made a mistake in sparing him, naive she was, but she paid the price and I think we can say she definitely regrets it.

As for Izuka, he fled before Ike and co. took the tower of laguz inhumanity at the end of PoR I guess. Muarim being saved by Rafiel is on that note not without precedent, since Rajaion was feral for years and yet Leanne and Reyson managed to restore his sanity in his final moments.

The reason I suggested Micaiah hit 11-13 Spd earlier was precisely because of 1-9, so she doesn't get doubled and thus she can survive a round of combat.

Jarod's just such a prick really to the point that it doesn't help trying to make him more than a cartoonish villain, not helped despite his being saved by his lieutenant. As an aside, BK didn't 1-shot Jarod, which feels very strange and indicates he has lost his touch.

With Izuka, I mean I think they should have killed him in PoR considering how he's been. I also understand that they might need to show the Galdr of Rebirth to show for people who didn't play or hadn't played PoR in a while. Also, final moments? I thought he was saved in that cutscene, but I'll confirm it at some point.

Also Michiah was very safe, she couldn't be doubled by Jarod. Not that it matters when most enemies 1-shot her.

Daein? More like Dayout! I'm finally finished with the Dawn Brigade! The final chapter was infuriating though, the ledges mainly caused the map to grind to a halt, especially early on when I had to try to work around killing the (thankfully only) thieves, which was made easier with Jill taking Pass (It was clutch with the thieves, she got them held back if I couldn't kill them), I was way too slow and the bottom half of the map can bite me due to the lack of manoeuvrability.. I had to stop and start so many times because of my unpromoted units not named Aran having one issue or another in the southern half of the map. But I didn't use BK or Nailah. I promoted the lot of them at least (THE DAWN BRIGADE WON'T SUCK NOW) but Tormod took Jarod (I still have hope for him) and the story then took the expected turn. Volug's the only laguz who stayed behind, Michiah promoted (She was still better than Nolan before now), Pelleas became king (He had Meg as an honour guard in his march up to the throne. Why though?) and I have to say, having worst biorhythm is frankly astonishingly bad and this map seems to convince me that ledges need some reform and I don't think biorhythm is something to let come back.

After the Next time on Raidant Dawn clip and learning that Elincia isn't liked by her lords I played the prologue, which was easy enough but Elincia apparently is 3rd tier and Leanne kept on being caught. Nealuchi was surprisingly powerful Haar was very useful though, just nuts and Marcia has bases now, I am so relieved after PoR. Regardless, after that the rebellion began in earnest and I start with Brom and Neph Neph, I am already feeling this. Not today though, 1-F was draining.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

and I have to say, having worst biorhythm is frankly astonishingly bad and this map seems to convince me that ledges need some reform and I don't think biorhythm is something to let come back.

Biorhythm was only +/-5 Hit/Evade in PoR, when they decided to make it Best-Good-Neutral-Bad-Worst in RD as opposed to just Good-Neutral-Bad, the effects were increased to +/-10 for these two new extremes. I can understand why someone wouldn't want it back. Things like Awakening's Lucky Seven, Fates's Better Odds, and FEH's Odd/Even Waves all took the same concept of an inconstant boost and did it better when I think about it. Which is probably why Biorhythm hasn't returned.

Height is +/-50 Hit, and +2 damage if above. I agree that it was excessive, I get the point to it, but I think they needed to divide height into "high height" and "low height". The former can have the massive bonuses, with the latter having smaller ones, which could have applied to 1-F. I like the concept of height, it does add something unique to maps, but it needed work, first time wasn't perfect.

Another contributor to any bad hit rates you were experiencing in 1-F would be from Jarod's 3 Authority Stars. Like in Thracia 776, they offer hit/evade to every ally on that team regardless of distance from the possessor, but only the main character's count, and the boost is slightly higher at +5 per Star, not Thracia's +3. Jarod was giving +15 Hit/Evade to his cronies, meanwhile Micaiah had 0 Stars, and Nailah's 3 were just there for flavor (I wish they did more). Elincia's 3 Stars were partly countered by 2-P's boss's 2 Stars, but you still got a net +5 Hit/Evade.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Regardless, after that the rebellion began in earnest and I start with Brom and Neph Neph, I am already feeling this. Not today though, 1-F was draining.

An NPC you can recruit with either of your duo will show up on Turn 4 to the southeast. And Turn 7 is when the Bandits to raid the houses will show up, just to provide these little useful details for you.

Also, while you won't be seeing them until the chapter after Neph and Brom in the village, there are a small handful of mostly unnecessary hidden items in Part 2.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2019 at 2:31 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Biorhythm was only +/-5 Hit/Evade in PoR, when they decided to make it Best-Good-Neutral-Bad-Worst in RD as opposed to just Good-Neutral-Bad, the effects were increased to +/-10 for these two new extremes. I can understand why someone wouldn't want it back. Things like Awakening's Lucky Seven, Fates's Better Odds, and FEH's Odd/Even Waves all took the same concept of an inconstant boost and did it better when I think about it. Which is probably why Biorhythm hasn't returned.

Height is +/-50 Hit, and +2 damage if above. I agree that it was excessive, I get the point to it, but I think they needed to divide height into "high height" and "low height". The former can have the massive bonuses, with the latter having smaller ones, which could have applied to 1-F. I like the concept of height, it does add something unique to maps, but it needed work, first time wasn't perfect.

Another contributor to any bad hit rates you were experiencing in 1-F would be from Jarod's 3 Authority Stars. Like in Thracia 776, they offer hit/evade to every ally on that team regardless of distance from the possessor, but only the main character's count, and the boost is slightly higher at +5 per Star, not Thracia's +3. Jarod was giving +15 Hit/Evade to his cronies, meanwhile Micaiah had 0 Stars, and Nailah's 3 were just there for flavor (I wish they did more). Elincia's 3 Stars were partly countered by 2-P's boss's 2 Stars, but you still got a net +5 Hit/Evade.

You know, that sounds like an explanation. One I can agree with.

Ah yeah, height seems to be just absurd in this game and honestly unfun to work around. I think maybe range increases are something I'd want to see considered as part of it and that huge hit bonus needed to be whacked.

So it's like you get a better boost but you can't add ally stars (not like it mattered much in Thracia on your end, though I could see it being useful in Chapter 22- I'll stop).

On 5/5/2019 at 2:31 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

An NPC you can recruit with either of your duo will show up on Turn 4 to the southeast. And Turn 7 is when the Bandits to raid the houses will show up, just to provide these little useful details for you.

Also, while you won't be seeing them until the chapter after Neph and Brom in the village, there are a small handful of mostly unnecessary hidden items in Part 2.

Heather- who I wish I could figure out her AI, she seems to run off by herself, but I'm not sure what for.

Okay, so I haven't touched the topic in a while, but I've been a bit distracted. Also, 2-1 is legit one of my least favourite maps in the series now. I feel like I have no way to adequately handle it, between figuring out heather, keeping the volunteers alive and getting the villages in a time that doesn't do my head in. It just feels like a puzzle, a frustrating one at that. Any suggestions for sorting it out on a postcard please.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

So it's like you get a better boost but you can't add ally stars (not like it mattered much in Thracia on your end, though I could see it being useful in Chapter 22- I'll stop).

I'm the person who frequently fields Glade on at least outdoor maps, despite his lackluster stats. Thracia gives a glut of unit slots, and Glade rarely fatigues with how little combat he has to do because I don't need everyone to be fighting. Dodgetanking in Thracia could use every possible +3 Evade too, since 1 RN Hit makes it harder to do (and Ballistae are so accurate and strong).

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

keeping the volunteers alive

The volunteers only give a little BEXP, 400 total. A level 1 Beorc 2nd tier unit with 0 EXP currently on them in RD requires (50x21) + 50 = 1100 BEXP to go from level 1 to 2.

You can safely get let the volunteers get stabbed to death and not miss out on much. You probably ended up doing the same of not caring with the vigilantes in Blood Runs Red back in PoR. And the volunteers will technically live into the post-battle scenes storywise anyhow.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Any suggestions for sorting it out on a postcard please.

For a postcard solution, I always send Nephenee south to visit three of the villages, and leave Brom up north.

However, this 0% growths run (which in RD does have stat procs- the game won't allow for a 0 stats level and will instead force a +1 HP in 0% growths) from the legendary Dondon might provide you with a near-complete guide to winning this without a hitch. I don't think he did PoR transfer bonuses or any real RN rigging here. The three differences in my and his approaches are:

• Brom shoving Nephenee on turn 2 for some reason (on turn 1 we both have her kill the Fighter north of the cliff, while Brom visits the village on the left).
  • Leaving the northern village unvisited until after clearing out the south. I don't do that, I have Brom visit the north village after the left one. DD instead sends Brom south, DD seems smarter here.
  • Nephenee heads east for DD to get visit villages and get Heather, I usually sent her west to the Javelin village. Again, DD seems the wiser, since it lets you catch Heather on the first turn she shows up.

Just don't risk Nephenee against the boss and leave it to Brom. And have Brom stop by the Javelin village, which DD didn't consider important for his turncounts, but you'll be wanting it.

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm the person who frequently fields Glade on at least outdoor maps, despite his lackluster stats. Thracia gives a glut of unit slots, and Glade rarely fatigues with how little combat he has to do because I don't need everyone to be fighting. Dodgetanking in Thracia could use every possible +3 Evade too, since 1 RN Hit makes it harder to do (and Ballistae are so accurate and strong).

I mean, I do see it. But you get only one or two units until chapter 18 or so. So you can't stack half as much as would be liked.

Also, while PEMVW, I am pretty dang sure Mareeta never needed it. 😛

The volunteers only give a little BEXP, 400 total. A level 1 Beorc 2nd tier unit with 0 EXP currently on them in RD requires (50x21) + 50 = 1100 BEXP to go from level 1 to 2.

You can safely get let the volunteers get stabbed to death and not miss out on much. You probably ended up doing the same of not caring with the vigilantes in Blood Runs Red back in PoR. And the volunteers will technically live into the post-battle scenes storywise anyhow.

As someone who kept most of the vigilantes alive (all but one), I'd like to at least try, you know?

For a postcard solution, I always send Nephenee south to visit three of the villages, and leave Brom up north.

However, this 0% growths run (which in RD does have stat procs- the game won't allow for a 0 stats level and will instead force a +1 HP in 0% growths) from the legendary Dondon might provide you with a near-complete guide to winning this without a hitch. I don't think he did PoR transfer bonuses or any real RN rigging here. The three differences in my and his approaches are:

• Brom shoving Nephenee on turn 2 for some reason (on turn 1 we both have her kill the Fighter north of the cliff, while Brom visits the village on the left).
  • Leaving the northern village unvisited until after clearing out the south. I don't do that, I have Brom visit the north village after the left one. DD instead sends Brom south, DD seems smarter here.
  • Nephenee heads east for DD to get visit villages and get Heather, I usually sent her west to the Javelin village. Again, DD seems the wiser, since it lets you catch Heather on the first turn she shows up.

Just don't risk Nephenee against the boss and leave it to Brom. And have Brom stop by the Javelin village, which DD didn't consider important for his turncounts, but you'll be wanting it.

Certainly very useful, thanks.

You know how I take way too long? I may have done a few chapters in a row for once. As in I finished Part 2 (2-F was the next day, but it was late by the time I would have started anyway so....).

So, that first map still felt too long, but it was a relatively uneventful chapter setting up revolt and I got the chance to use Nephenee again (She's not quite where she was relatively at in PoR yet). I think I'm retracting my earlier statement about the map, but it's still surprisingly tedious. The next map then was a FoW map, where Lucia was the commander infiltrating the plans Ludveck had and then having to fight out of the cave she'd been spelunking in (It also wasn't quick, but still quicker than the other one). After that, Geoffrey has a map. With a neat gimmick about avoiding killing enemies and a not so neat unit (It's Makalov (Also, what have they done to Astrid? I mean it, what the hell?)) and it turns out that Ludveck distracted everyone by having a ruse which leads to him capturing Lucia and keeping most of his forces after Elincia anyway. And then we hit the big one. The map that's also in Fates (It's DLC for anyone who's confused.). This map is a big, long slog and oh man I took a while. There's a lot to like, but I'll just talk story for now. It pretty much confirms Lucia's a bargaining chip that Ludveck used to take the throne, despite this he's utterly caught out in battle and Elincia near 1-rounds him so he gets caught. Later on it turns out that the rebels are going to execute Lucia and there's a gallows ready to- So wait, why did they just get to setting up a gallows outside the gates? Why wasn't t stopped as suspicious activity? And why wouldn't his capture lead to people surrendering rather than- I'll stop. Not like it matters because we get a cutscene with poor dialogue and voice work (Why does Rolf sound like a kid show's animal sidekick?) which shows the Greil mercs charge in to save her and beat back the soldiers. And it has lines that have been memed for days. And Shinon not being a drunk racist waste of space (!). Anyways, after that Ike explains that Bastian had a plan so that Ike wouldn't be so obviously helping Crimea and that they'd still be able to save Lucia. Elincia then tells Ike what's been going on in Daein and Ike's shook to learn that apparently BK didn't die to two Aethers (Could've fooled me) or a castle falling on him and also Pelleas and Michiah are now being compared to Elincia and Ike (respectively). We then finish with the next time on FE:RD montage of cutscenes and Zelgius and Laguz are there (Also the Medallion gets mentioned. Oh no.)

Pretty decent part overall really, I mean the script could be refined but at least it doesn't seem awfully written. I'll talk about gameplay and units later, I think I've said enough there.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

This map is a big, long slog and oh man I took a while.

It doesn't have to if you don't want to, a boss kill ends this fight immediately. It's entirely possible for Elincia (or Haar with a Hammer) on the second turn to ORKO Ludveck as you noticed, all Elincia needs is a single Stun proc. And you could do this on any other turn easily. You get the choice here to spend time leveling everyone off all the enemies, or just go for a quick kill, which I kinda like; only issue is defending is easy.

Overall, the general (your opinion may vary, no probs with that!) reception of Part 2's narrative, on its own, I think is good. Short and real quick, but fairly well written by FE standards.

Here is the hidden treasure for Part 3. Of greatest note, the Brave Bow is tucked away near the starting position on one of these maps. The final map hides the Rescue Staff in an accessible, but random spot. A third neat treasure is a Spirit Dust, which is located on the space behind chapter's boss, but the chapter ends when you kill them. Use a flier to go behind them, or you'll need a unit with re-moving capabilities to try after they kill the boss on the player phase.

Speaking of Spirit Dust, if you want another one, have Boyd and Mist reach an A Support by the start of 3-12 (as in you can make it in the preparations of that chapter). Doing so will reward you with a Spirit Dust in the preparations of the Part 3's final battle.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:37 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

It doesn't have to if you don't want to, a boss kill ends this fight immediately. It's entirely possible for Elincia (or Haar with a Hammer) on the second turn to ORKO Ludveck as you noticed, all Elincia needs is a single Stun proc. And you could do this on any other turn easily. You get the choice here to spend time leveling everyone off all the enemies, or just go for a quick kill, which I kinda like; only issue is defending is easy.

I mean, it was a slog because I was trying to get all the exp.

I still fucked it up, the last batch of reinforcements in the west were untouched. But Brom was in a state having held that area pretty much alone for 5 turns before (despite repeated poisoning) that and nobody else could get there (Also, Ludveck had moved (THANKS RANDOM CAV), the situation was code red).

Overall, the general (your opinion may vary, no probs with that!) reception of Part 2's narrative, on its own, I think is good. Short and real quick, but fairly well written by FE standards.

I mean, Ludveck's made into a creep to accentuate his villainy, which was probably unnecessary.

But otherwise I still think he was pretty generic. We never got to see him interact with those bosses he had under him, especially the poor soul in 2-3 that was led to believe he had a cause and was abandoned to be brave lanced. He did have a scheme. One that I'm not sure would have succeeded, but is the idea he's apparently whipped up a frenzy leaving things too tense?

Jarod had that kind of stuff going for him at least.

Here is the hidden treasure for Part 3. Of greatest note, the Brave Bow is tucked away near the starting position on one of these maps. The final map hides the Rescue Staff in an accessible, but random spot. A third neat treasure is a Spirit Dust, which is located on the space behind chapter's boss, but the chapter ends when you kill them. Use a flier to go behind them, or you'll need a unit with re-moving capabilities to try after they kill the boss on the player phase.

Speaking of Spirit Dust, if you want another one, have Boyd and Mist reach an A Support by the start of 3-12 (as in you can make it in the preparations of that chapter). Doing so will reward you with a Spirit Dust in the preparations of the Part 3's final battle.

Why does the dust hide right behind a boss of all things?

Back to discussing Part 2's units. Brom was more useful than I expected (solid levelling, a bunch of walling), Heather actually saw combat a bit and I was sad I couldn't steal more weapons and Nephenee was certainly powerful but her bulk isn't impressive is it (Higher def than Danved, but her HP is pretty low)?. In 2, I did like Lucia a bit and the laguz were useful as walls of HP, but Lethe in combat drained fast. In map 3, Geoffrey, Kieran and Danved were alright, Makalov got sent to the corner and WHAT HAVE THEY FUCKING DONE TO ASTRID? She seems like she's just off base in terms of being relevant combat wise, even if she's intentionally set up as underlevelled she feels like she's slightly too far behind, I might not be all that into the RD character portraits but I think hers might have taken a bigger knock than I expected, oh and the whole thing with Makalov seems like some emotional crutch bullshit that doesn't really seem to have any holdover from PoR, does it? And even still, holy shit that just makes me want to know why they went that route with it, it doesn't feel like it's trying to tell a message relating to those who end up in similar relationships with huge dependency problems and all that might entail and I am beginning to wonder if I should make a list of worst relationships in FE and if this would sit above Arvis's and Julius's- Okay, maybe stop. Point being, RD hated me capping Astrid's Str and Spd, doesn't it?s Astrid now I guess? Callil was also useful in the last map too, she didn't get as much combat as could be liked but I've got several sages to consider already. As for the fliers, Marcia's turning herself around in combat but her levels could be better, Elincia got two great levels and Haar is Haar tier Leanne only having 2 char refresh on transformation is a total buzzkill though.

So, tried 3-P: Ranulf's back, so yay. Though it turns out Begnion is at war with the Laguz (Though why was the Serenes massacre assumed to be on Ashnard, I don't remember that.), though that's why you don't shoot the messenger, senators. That's how you get Ike. Though Skrimir is an idiot and just wants a fight I see. Also, Oscar is the masterchef, so he's probably the safest after this war job wise, though it'd be enough just feeding Skrimir and Ike alone apparently (It's like my Ike = Goku joke just keeps matching up_ Also, I had to reset because Titania got hit by a horsefucker at 20%. The one fucking time a 20% hits in this game..... That being said, got through, despite Mist getting an awful level and Skrimir being an idiot (Also, some other solid levels otherwise and units being just solid overall). Also, the medallion still have something evil inside, but Ranulf's certain nothing can happen, this war will be over soon and we can trust him, right?

Also, observation: Mist looks so much smaller than Ike that they feel like Ike's a decade older or something.

Edited by Dayni

Decided to move onto the next chapter or two. The chapter was a bit uneventful when it came to clearing outside of say Mia dodging some big old lances and Ike getting killed because of a crit and the enemies then just dogpiling him.. Mist also got a good enough level out of this chapter. I didn't get the event with Rolf, Seraph Robe was more important.

After that, took too much advantage of the silver card to pick up some equipment and forge a thunder tome with +4 might and +6 crit called "Dragonbiter" and added a coin to it, giving an extra might, which was probably the best I could have gotten. Was that a mistake to use all my money now, I have a save from before the mad dash. Also, Haar, Nephenee, Ilyana, Heather and Brom are back with no warning/introduction and thus I was surprised to see Haar could get Nullify already (it was on Brom).

On 6/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, Dayni said:

and the whole thing with Makalov seems like some emotional crutch bullshit that doesn't really seem to have any holdover from PoR, does it?

Her quip to Ike at the end of PoR suggests a return to Begnion, as does Makalov's and Marcia's. Them working for Crimea is not at all suggested, nor their relationship as it is in RD.

A little odd, since in other cases they did remember the little details. Haar and Jill running a wyvern courier service together is directly from their PoR A Support. 

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Decided to move onto the next chapter or two. The chapter was a bit uneventful when it came to clearing outside of say Mia dodging some big old lances and Ike getting killed because of a crit and the enemies then just dogpiling him.. Mist also got a good enough level out of this chapter. I didn't get the event with Rolf, Seraph Robe was more important.

After that, took too much advantage of the silver card to pick up some equipment and forge a thunder tome with +4 might and +6 crit called "Dragonbiter" and added a coin to it, giving an extra might, which was probably the best I could have gotten. Was that a mistake to use all my money now, I have a save from before the mad dash. Also, Haar, Nephenee, Ilyana, Heather and Brom are back with no warning/introduction and thus I was surprised to see Haar could get Nullify already (it was on Brom).

SF has the script for the Rolf event it if you're interested.

As for the Silver Card, the next chapter has a White Gem, and you'll be obtaining other funds so it isn't so bad to spend endlessly here.

The White Gem is on an enemy who flees, and while they drop it if killed, you get BEXP for sparing them and a like comrade. Therefore, have Heather steal it if you want both the BEXP and the Gem. They enemy in question spawns two or three turns in I think in the center of the map.

Nullify generally isn't considered to be one of the primary reasons why Haar is so good, but yeah, that you managed to get it in Haar/Brom/Nephenee/Heather's inventory lets you use it a lot, as opposed to leaving it on Elincia's closer retinue and not having access to it until later.

Just don't forget you can Visit a bunch of the structures in the next fight, I know of one player who didn't realize that.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Her quip to Ike at the end of PoR suggests a return to Begnion, as does Makalov's and Marcia's. Them working for Crimea is not at all suggested, nor their relationship as it is in RD.

A little odd, since in other cases they did remember the little details. Haar and Jill running a wyvern courier service together is directly from their PoR A Support. 

SF has the script for the Rolf event it if you're interested.

As for the Silver Card, the next chapter has a White Gem, and you'll be obtaining other funds so it isn't so bad to spend endlessly here.

The White Gem is on an enemy who flees, and while they drop it if killed, you get BEXP for sparing them and a like comrade. Therefore, have Heather steal it if you want both the BEXP and the Gem. They enemy in question spawns two or three turns in I think in the center of the map.

Nullify generally isn't considered to be one of the primary reasons why Haar is so good, but yeah, that you managed to get it in Haar/Brom/Nephenee/Heather's inventory lets you use it a lot, as opposed to leaving it on Elincia's closer retinue and not having access to it until later.

Just don't forget you can Visit a bunch of the structures in the next fight, I know of one player who didn't realize that.

I hadn't cleared 3-2 yet, in case you're wondering.

The main reason is the question I asked regarding the spending my money on stuff in 3-2's items shop/forge (Forge was halfprice I'm pretty sure.)

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I hadn't cleared 3-2 yet, in case you're wondering.

The main reason is the question I asked regarding the spending my money on stuff in 3-2's items shop/forge (Forge was halfprice I'm pretty sure.)

And I'm thinking of 3-3 regarding the White Gem and buildings, for some reason I was confusing when you get it. And don't forget to sell the Silver Card when you're done shopping for a couple thousand gold.

You'll be getting another easy Blue Gem no too long into the future as well.

Forging I'm not certain of whether it goes to half price. You could check by adding a point of Mt to a Fire tome in the forge, the first point normally costs 10% of the base value, so an extra 80 for a normally 800 gold Fire tome. If it's an additional 40, then the costs were halved.

Personally I would recommend to try getting the money together for buying the draco shield and secret book in the base of 3-3 and 3-5 (at least draco shield) and the special weapon in 3-4. Status items are rare, so nice.

The GM's do not swim in money in the beginning, but they hardly need weapons / refines aside of range swords. One of them (storm sword) could be stolen in 3-2. In 3-3 it can be stolen too, but this one requires to be disarmed (-> disarm skill) . 

On 6/28/2019 at 7:04 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'm thinking of 3-3 regarding the White Gem and buildings, for some reason I was confusing when you get it. And don't forget to sell the Silver Card when you're done shopping for a couple thousand gold.

You'll be getting another easy Blue Gem no too long into the future as well.

Forging I'm not certain of whether it goes to half price. You could check by adding a point of Mt to a Fire tome in the forge, the first point normally costs 10% of the base value, so an extra 80 for a normally 800 gold Fire tome. If it's an additional 40, then the costs were halved.

Guess I'll be redoing it, I didn't know it could be sold. 😛

The weapon itself was certainly halved, but the increase for 1 might was 10% of the full price in the forging, so no, forging doesn't halve as well. I decided to instead buy an Elthunder for Ilyana and an extra 1-2 range weapon or two.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:00 PM, Rosalina said:

Personally I would recommend to try getting the money together for buying the draco shield and secret book in the base of 3-3 and 3-5 (at least draco shield) and the special weapon in 3-4. Status items are rare, so nice.

The GM's do not swim in money in the beginning, but they hardly need weapons / refines aside of range swords. One of them (storm sword) could be stolen in 3-2. In 3-3 it can be stolen too, but this one requires to be disarmed (-> disarm skill) . 

Thankfully if need be I can sell some of the stuff I got half price- no liquidity trap for me. 😛

I must confess however trying to get the Storm Sword seems too tricky personally, the general has it by default and he is pretty much in the mess with the others in the corner.

The fact it's also kill boss means that that has to be dealt with if I'm going to pick it up sadly.

So, I had played most of 3-2, but Heather died and I went back to before the bolting sage. After far longer than I likely should, I was able to pick as much as I needed (Turns out even the Storm Sword) and more from the south and dealt with everything. Mist and Nephenee need to get strength, I'm concerned. As for the story, Ranulf's already willing to try to smack Skrimir upside the head, for all the good it'll do. But Skrimir just bodies best cat, then retreats because he's a lazy lion aka a lion. Zelgius meets that Levail lad who nobody liked and it's confirmed Zelgius is here to centralise shit because Sanaki doesn't want a war and everyone else wants to kill the animal people. After that, Tibarn shows up having messed up stopping Central and bloodied. Reyson unlike the angery birb he is also shows up to check on him. Also Naesala betrayed everyone again, quoth the raven "Betray more". But this time he took out all the male eagles, which is just fucked up of him. So after all that, the conclusion is the Greil Mercs get carried by the eagles across the river and I'm certain I've seen this somewhere. Also, I didn't get the Dracoshield, was a bit short money wise.

So I start the map and we get a cutscene, with bad voice acting! Also, a bunch of people moving about with the fog and Tibarn ambushing ballistae before a big fight while Zelgius walks off from the fight, catches Ranulf's forces out and also guesses the Greil's movements. But he still decides to fight Ranulf, which can only end badly. For Ranulf, right? Meanwhile, a senator asks the battle to stop so he can sleep. Man, such a deep character that senator. The map itself was long enough, not too tricky once I had figured out when I could have people burn the supplies, though I had a few issues thanks to suboptimal placement and took a bit longer than I likely should (and it turns out I can leave the horses be, I am dumb.). Also Soren nearly died to the boss because he never levels speed. Fuck. After that, we got to see Ranulf cornered, but despite this is unable to lash out and get saved by Tibarn, who lets Zelgius go and help his supply tent (what's left of it). He gets chewed out by that senator, which leaves Levail disappointed because he is sick of the senate. Meanwhile Soren wants to sue for peace. Somehow I doubt that and Skrimir wants to still fight, so that happens and Zelgius almost immediately finds him, hence this chapter. As for this chapter, should I buy either special weapon in the shop and is Kyza worth using? I mean, Ranulf is a dead cert when needed, but Kyza I don't know about.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

As for this chapter, should I buy either special weapon in the shop and is Kyza worth using? I mean, Ranulf is a dead cert when needed, but Kyza I don't know about.

The Florete isn't worth it. That it doesn't use Magic for its damage stat means it isn't very good for Mist.

The other weapon, the Silencer (Shinon's Bow in Japanese) is a very awesome bow however. If you like Shinon or Rolf or both enough, go ahead and buy it. 50 uses (double that of a Silver Bow) with 1 more Might. Assuming your Snipers don't see exorbitant combat, it can last a long time. You'll get a free Silencer much later, and the two of them + whatever other bows you have could last a single Sniper the rest of the game, no other purchases necessary. Again, depending on your playstyle.

As for Kyza, he is a Tiger, but an unusual one. He has good Skl and Spd (this stat caps at 15 unshifted, 30 shifted), but his Str and Def are low for his species. I'd rather use Mordecai. 

And you might not be able to tell due to the localization toning him down, but Kyza is gay. Heather on the other hand was allowed to be so openly lesbian. I don't get it.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:14 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Florete isn't worth it. That it doesn't use Magic for its damage stat means it isn't very good for Mist.

The other weapon, the Silencer (Shinon's Bow in Japanese) is a very awesome bow however. If you like Shinon or Rolf or both enough, go ahead and buy it. 50 uses (double that of a Silver Bow) with 1 more Might. Assuming your Snipers don't see exorbitant combat, it can last a long time. You'll get a free Silencer much later, and the two of them + whatever other bows you have could last a single Sniper the rest of the game, no other purchases necessary. Again, depending on your playstyle.

As for Kyza, he is a Tiger, but an unusual one. He has good Skl and Spd (this stat caps at 15 unshifted, 30 shifted), but his Str and Def are low for his species. I'd rather use Mordecai. 

And you might not be able to tell due to the localization toning him down, but Kyza is gay. Heather on the other hand was allowed to be so openly lesbian. I don't get it.

I mean, I'm trying to use Astrid so a second one is no harm.

I've heard there's controversy with Kyza (Or Kysha here for whatever reason), what's up there?

Alright then, this chapter. I was disappointed to learn that no, horses cannot climb ledges. So in the end Rhys and Gatrie helped, unlike the laguz, whose cats died fast and tigers got in my was (Ranulf was cool though). Pretty uneventful chapter otherwise, got in 11 turns. Also, the Silencer is 10/10, worth the price for sure. The chapter ended and Zelgius wrecked Skrimir, then fucking poses and pontificates to the cats and birds. Props to the asshat who wanted a stuffed laguz, but Zelgius still wants to ends things calmly (as calmly as a war can end), Then he just walks off having just taken the prince down and (he hopes) ended the war winning. It turns out however Sanaki's being a neet and won't see anyone, complicating what might have been a peaceful talk. So they laguz run, but that asshole from 3-3 still wants to kill the laguz, a thing he discusses with what might be the most ill-fitting lantern jaw of justice, Lombroso. Alao they attack the Laguz, because why not? Also we get Reyson, yes! And Ike both acknowledges Haar/Jill and that Haar is insanely good.

The next chapter, picked up the Skill Book (Wish it was the Dracoshield). Then Begnion attacks anyway, Ike declares "Fuck em" and we fight. It's a defence map, but easier than Elincia's Gambit in practice. Didn't still mean I didn't use saves more than once sadly, Titania had one point where she couldn't dodge once against a bunch of enemies and the boss's behaviour led to me resetting because there was no way I left the energy drop behind. After that longer than I'd have liked to have taken chapter, we get to learn that Lombardi was more an exception but also Sigrun was concerned when she saw Tibarn. Because it turns out she's the messenger to tell Zelgius to march. And that Sephiran's accused of being a traitor- really, that guy? After that, it's Daein time and we get Michiah doing her usual "woman of the people" sthick, to the derision of the queen mother. Also Izuka disappeared? Weird, but it turns out Michiah's going to kill some laguz I guess. Pelleas is acting strange for sure. But it also means Michiah gets shit from Sothe, who isn't exactly racist anymore. Also I got so much neat stuff in the base, so that was nice. Any suggestions on purchases, I've got 16k in the Dawn Brigade.

Also, is it just me, or does Shade not actually work? Also, Corrosion is amazing on Titania, 18 uses broken broke a short spear and an Elfire and it was hilarious. 

Edited by Dayni

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I've heard there's controversy with Kyza (Or Kysha here for whatever reason), what's up there?

I'm not familiar with what that would be. But he does apparently use "atashi" as his pronoun (a guide for this) in Japanese, which is distinctly feminine, which points to him being gay via being effeminate. Atashi doesn't have to make a man gay however, Devdan uses atashi as well, and it might just be there to make him more gentle, whimsical, and carefree. 

A small handful of Kyza's "Support dialogues" hints at his gayness however, even in English.:

Spoiler

Type 14: Why it’s Prince ___. Lovely as ever, I see.
Type 15: Why it’s Princess ___. Fabulous outfit, I daresay. I hope you are holding up well.

Type 18: Oh…Captain ___…hello! If only we could secret away and…catch our breath! I trust all is well. [Sex euphemism?]

Type 1: Good to see you! I hope you’re feeling as fabulous as I am.

If the game text uses Kysha, it would mean you're playing the European version of RD. PoR names Lyre and "Kysha" in the LethexRanulf support. RD US version either forgot or intentionally changed Kysha to "Kyza", and RD European changed it back to Kysha. There are a few other US to Europe name changes:

• Dheginsea became Deghinsea
  • Astra became Astrum (yeah a European mistake)
  • Hatari to Hatary
  • and the Halberdier promotion went from being called "Sentinel" to "Lancer"

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Any suggestions on purchases, I've got 16k in the Dawn Brigade.

The Physic is real good in the Bargains section, you don't obtain too many of these in RD.

The Beast Killer is nice for Sothe, against Laguz its great (though use the Trade command with someone else to swap it for another weapon if you intend to have Sothe tank in this chapter, death by three maulings due to a Beast Killer crit or two is not good), and the Crit bonus makes it good even against Beorc. 

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, Corrosion is amazing on Titania, 18 uses broken broke a short spear and an Elfire and it was hilarious. 

In PoR, Corrosion can deplete no more than 10 uses of a weapon, (level + 20 if promoted)/4 was the formula. In RD, it was improved to deplete uses equal to the user's level, no division involved. 2nd tier units have 20 + level, and 3rd have 40 + level. A base level Titania is stripping away 36 uses with Corrosion, enough to shatter a lot of lower durability weapons.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:30 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not familiar with what that would be. But he does apparently use "atashi" as his pronoun (a guide for this) in Japanese, which is distinctly feminine, which points to him being gay via being effeminate. A small handful of his "Support dialogues" hints at his gayness however, even in English.:

Reveal hidden contents

Type 14: Why it’s Prince ___. Lovely as ever, I see.
Type 15: Why it’s Princess ___. Fabulous outfit, I daresay. I hope you are holding up well.

Type 18: Oh…Captain ___…hello! If only we could secret away and…catch our breath! I trust all is well. [Sex euphemism?]

Type 1: Good to see you! I hope you’re feeling as fabulous as I am.

If the game text uses Kysha, it would mean you're playing the European version of RD. PoR names Lyre and "Kysha" in the LethexRanulf support. RD US version either forgot or intentionally changed Kysha to "Kyza", and RD European changed it back to Kysha. There are a few other US to Europe name changes:

• Dheginsea became Deghinsea
  • Astra became Astrum (yeah a European mistake)
  • Hatari to Hatary
  • and the Halberdier promotion went from being called "Sentinel" to "Lancer"

I bet none of these would make a rerelease as we'd likely get the US version.  ¯\😑

The Physic is real good in the Bargains section, you don't obtain too many of these in RD.

The Beast Killer is nice for Sothe, against Laguz its great (though use the Trade command with someone else to swap it for another weapon if you intend to have Sothe tank in this chapter, death by three maulings due to a Beast Killer crit or two is not good), and the Crit bonus makes it good even against Beorc. 

Picked up those and a Silver Axe for later on.

In PoR, Corrosion can deplete no more than 10 uses of a weapon, (level + 20 if promoted)/4 was the formula. In RD, it was improved to deplete uses equal to the user's level, no division involved. 2nd tier units have 20 + level, and 3rd have 40 + level. A base level Titania is stripping away 36 uses with Corrosion, enough to shatter a lot of lower durability weapons.

That is actually pretty busted, Titania will break everyone.

Meanwhile, Skrimir's hurt because he lost. Then the Daein army charges in and all hell breaks loose. I had to restart because I didn't see the cats on the right and Fiona got 1-rounded. Never mind others. I'm forced to remember the Dawn Brigade and *sigh, there's no fucking defence, thank fuck for Aran. This map needs a reason for me to fight. I got to see Halfshift as intended and I want it back to Part 1 please. It was surprisingly frustrating (the amount of tigers on the right hand side actually held me back for a bit), but the appearance of BK didn't matter and by the end of turn 8 we ended the map, which is the point where I breathed a sigh of relief. Some characters got some good levels, Sothe's blazing ahead with Paragon (though his levels aren't so hot) and Michiah got a good few kills because unshifted laguz are mage bait.

But I had read that you fight the Dawn Brigade next chapter. With their equipment- Fuck No, Sothe don't break the Kard!

Tauroneo shows up then (which is nice), who Michiah asks to help prevent a war. But the next battle is against the DB, so that probably doesn't help. Soren also calls Michiah's followers fanatics, really helping there Soren. The map itself was fine, no reset for once, even if it took Reyson having to dodge a longbow to do it. During the fight I got the Ike/Zihark convo, which reminded us that Ike once again fights for his friends which made him fight Zihark awkward to say the least. I also tried to finish the Dawn Brigade with Soren, I could see him taking that grudge. At least as much as I have for one asshole wyvern who took Aran's Vulnerary. Anyways, the decoy plan worked and despite BK coming for us we break through. Also, turns out Michiah saw none of this coming. Afterwards, it turns out Pelleas is Lekain's bitch and a puppet (Colour Pelleas's hair white, make him fatter and the scene looks like the UK and the US circa November 2019). Also, Lekain has the same teleport stuff as BK I guess (HMMMMMMMMMM). But it looks like Almedha's not involved in this, so I wonder where the conspiracy is there.  Also, they decide to walk through Serene's Forest. I hope they don't find this post It turns out the Laguz plan isn't working out because Begnion's marching too fast. But that just leads Soren to suggest going through a secret tunnel in the Kauku caves (now with Fire). But Soren also seems to think that a natural hazard is less dangerous than Man- Okay, maybe I get it. Then Zelgius tries to pull back, but another asshole senator shows up to order him about (Jeez Valtome, I'm not sure pink accents work with your knockoff Arvis do), with Valtome now commanding the army and giving dumb orders like sending men into literal lava caves. Looking at my units, Nephenee, Haar, Ike and Soren look like it'd benefit them more to use BExp to get their stats up as they've gotten some caps already, am I right to think this?

Before I go, the best quote is from the base convo:

Skrimir: "Do I look like I've been wounded?"

Ranulf: "Skrimir, you're standing in a pool of your own blood."

Also, I keep making mistakes typing Soren or Sothe.

53 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looking at my units, Nephenee, Haar, Ike and Soren look like it'd benefit them more to use BExp to get their stats up as they've gotten some caps already, am I right to think this?

BEXP is always good for units with a couple capped stats, yup. Since once their total growths dip below 300, you'd "gain" more from using BEXP with the guaranteed 3 points per level. That isn't hard for Ike to do, his growths are actually only 310 in total.

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

But Soren also seems to think that a natural hazard is less dangerous than Man- Okay, maybe I get it.

To be fair, Robin uses the same strategy in Awakening. Walhart's 1 Million Man Army? Only Yen'fay and his 50 or so have the courage to fight in a place with lava.

And good thing you didn't have Zihark Talk with Lethe or Mordecai in 3-6. If Zihark did, he'd betray you. Haar, or Lethe or Mist with transfer data, could also make Jill flip in 3-7.

On 7/15/2019 at 12:12 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

BEXP is always good for units with a couple capped stats, yup. Since once their total growths dip below 300, you'd "gain" more from using BEXP with the guaranteed 3 points per level. That isn't hard for Ike to do, his growths are actually only 310 in total.

Yep, definitely doing that now.

To be fair, Robin uses the same strategy in Awakening. Walhart's 1 Million Man Army? Only Yen'fay and his 50 or so have the courage to fight in a place with lava.

Clearly I didn't make that enough about climate change.

I was there thinking "I mean, you can't so easily overwhelm a force that powerful" at the time, then I remembered just how the environment is at present and only getting to.

And good thing you didn't have Zihark Talk with Lethe or Mordecai in 3-6. If Zihark did, he'd betray you. Haar, or Lethe or Mist with transfer data, could also make Jill flip in 3-7.

None of them got near Lethe.

Damm shame Mist couldn't fight or talk with Jill, that would have been nice (Jill/Mist were A in my PoR playthrough, couldn't get data transfer at the time). I probably still need both on the DB for now anyway.

This map was no real trouble. I even was able to do so with only Mist healing so one side went unhealed (and mostly untouched anyway). Also, I remember that coward was in 3-2 (or something), he died a bit easily. Nothing too much story wise, but some nice and not so nice levels as I went. Titania's about to promote, Nephenee's getting back to her best self, Ilyaya's got Str/Mag/Skl/Spd capped, this was a nice map all in all. Boyd and Mist are A by now as well.

Then it turned out Skrimir got the army stuck in Goldoa. Crap. Deghinsea also gets dissed by Tibarn while we're there, just because he's not in Heroes doesn't mean you can take him Tibarn. Ike also gives the great line that killing them would save the walk, I guess I'm going to still like him. Thankfully, Ena and Nasir save them, followed by an update which reminds us Valtome is a dick and marches the army through Crimea which leads to her rejecting their requests for supplies and passage and Valtome to order an invasion. Elincia of course responds by sending Geoffrey and more importantly the knights (and Makalov I guess) at them. Marcia calls Makalov cheese-breath. And then we get to see Astrid once again defend what is indefensible. If this were FFT he'd be out of the barracks to start with.

Picked up Adept, got to see everyone thinks Valtome's a dick and went to the map. Pretty uneventful despite the houses burning, all but one did survive even if a few were charred. The priest also had a lucky double dodge from the swordmaster, not that it mattered. I also had to reset once, Danved had a 36% hit chance and managed to die anyway. Got the spirit dust, Geoffrey killed the boss with a crit (They throw the lance in the air, it's dumb and I love it and the level he got.) Afterwards, Lucia's sent off to negotiate a peace and I see where this is going. Course, it doesn't matter because Begnoin march through anyway and can fight in the borderlands, thuse making it essentially Crimea's loss anyway. Zelgius also dodges questions on the Apostle meaning Sanaki's dead or something. Hell, Begnion pretty much colonises Crimea's forts and now the Laguz are in real trouble.

Caineghis is finally back, letting Skrimir know that maybe Elincia didn't want to see Crimea demolished. This leads to a planned all-out offensive. Also, all the herons are in one place, this is a concern (would BK steal three herons?). Picked up nothing here, though I will if this chapter forces me to. Elincia then asks everyone to get off her lawn, which Tibarn actually agrees with her, as does Zelgius (I'm surprised he chose to do that) but Valtome says he's going to kill Elincia and that's our chapter. I was terrified at all the weapon uses that would be used, but it worked out fine in the end honestly because I focused on the south end and move through quickly.. Titania also promoted, with some good levels around too. After that, turns out Valtome is that begrudging of Zelgius for insubordination and they'll cover up his execution, thereby showing Palpatine was right all along and Sanaki should just have killed them all. Thankfully for Zelgius, Tanith shows up to stay the execution and bring Sanaki (DO IT KILL HIM NOW), who then confirms that she had nothing to do with the war and of course Lekain and his stupid hat were leading the coup. Hell, Zelgius chokes a Valtome to really drive it in. Also, turns out the senators are chosen by the goddess (Wait, how? Why? To what end?) and that they arrested Sephiran by now.

So then we get a meeting with the birds and the beorc... and the lion I guess? And with this we learn Begnion still ruled Serenes after burning it, just wow the amount of shit coming out of Begnion's impressive. And Ike doesn't want to command again, oh that silly fool, he's a blue haired lord, this was inevitable. Ike also gets Ragnell back, thank fuck man. Kieran and Oscar's base conversation was great, I am supporting them from now on. However, we still have to fight Daein and we're back on the pitfall map, oh my. And yet again despite getting a bunch of units we're forced to deploy too few for my liking, never mind two force deployed fliers on a map with ballistae. After sorting things a bit, I decided I'd take a break, but I'm trying to end this this month because I've taken long enough as is.

Edited by Dayni

So, I did the pitfall map. I may have done worse than I should have (Unguided, I seemed to hit every hole that I could. I still hit something with the guide (Me every time it happened.)). But the AI was dumb too. The Rescue Bishop at one point went right up to a damaged unit and rescued them. Trouble was, the unit was near to us and the tile he was on was the only one next to the bishop that was freed up, meaning he was rescued to the same place he went from and the bishop had moved to the front for worse than nothing. Jeez, no wonder Michiah worked miracles with men this stupid. The next time he used it, he rescued a guy in between himself and a shine barrier, where I could easily pick him off. Point being, I could ignore using rescue the entire game and still be better than this dumbass. The triangle attack's also a disappointment, no flair in the combat sadly. However, that doesn't mean that I think this map's a breeze (contrary to everyone else apparently?) and I am just burnt out by it, I am just sick of it and the amount of times I had to reset. Thank fuck I actually finished, though I bet 15 turns is too long.

Level wise, Marcia keeps getting bad levels for me, this just cannot stand. At least we know that she's Makalov's sister. Astrid also got a perfect level (to be fair, she has Blossom, so that doesn't all count. :P. Nor did it count because Tibarn fucking moved DAMMIT TIBARN AN ANCHOR WEIGHS YOU FUCKING DOWN NOT CAUSES YOU TO RUN OFF YOU GOT LEANNE KILLED) and Ilyana capped HP, meaning I'm just spamming BExp on her to make her tanky as she capped 5 stats (and Blossom is supposed to slow units down. Instead she capped 4 stats quickly!) As for story, while Michiah is struggling with her far sight, Begnion is still barking orders at them and the other herons are now concerned about what's going on in Daein. Regardless Ike's forces move south towards Begnion, while Sothe decides fuck this, he's out and so Michiah because she's getting worn out by the war. It then turns out that Pelleas signed a blood pact (whatever that means) which threatens to destroy Daein. We get the flashback with Lekain showing Rewarp's a thing (joy.) and that the reparation pact actually causes Daein to be bound to fight for Begnion and oh fuck, that right there is that thing I've heard of isn't it? Besides that, Izuka had lied to Pelleas about it because he's on side with the senators (SO JUST FUCK BEGNION ALREADY) and it turns out that one of the kings of Kilvas also signed it before (shown in images) and as a result 2,600 ravens died (EditL it has since come to my attention that that's supposed to be Daein 20 years before). Sothe calls it bull (jeez the words out of him) and yet the war must go on because I bet the senate wouldn't return Pelleas's calls and Daein would be turned to dust. So Michiah suggest they fight Ike while the rest look for an answer to break it. Oh Michiah's about to be broken isn't she? Hell she herself says that this war's not right but she throws out that it wouldn't be just to stop it because of the pact and yep, why do these things work this easily and without the consent of the receiving party? You're breaking the whole point of a Faustian pact IS! 

Moving on, we got money, some items and BOOTS! Is Rafiel the best boot wearer? Moving on (with the Beast Killer bought), it appears Michiah decided an ambush was the best way, so that they could take the apostle I guess. Not that the Daein army could because the allies continued to bunch around the cliffs even when it was clear they'd be better placed and equipped stopping the flanking going on to their left, helping keep everyone there alive. Thankfully, I was able to get them to help finish off the guys coming at us and I was able to take the ledges and get Edward and Leo some experience there. This after trying to push south and failing more than once. After all that we then get to see Michiah willing to burn people alive to get the job done, but the Holy Guard decide to fly off, which Michiah would stop if Tibarn hadn't teleported behind them and essentially said "Nothing Personal" by taking Sothe hostage. This leads to Ike and Michiah finally meeting, but once again Sanaki tells everyone to stop and floats off. Sothe is dropped trust-fall style and Daein proceeds to have to fall back again. Moving back to Ike and co, they're confused by Daein and their carryon, but it turns out Lehran's medallion's about to snap. Then another transition, this time to Almedha asking for her son to be saved (with a real nice CG honestly) and Pelleas finding a solution. Then we briefly see Kurth with a stone like Almedha's. Then there's a break in and we see Sephiran and Zelgius break out and now they're on the board and there's so many pieces now dammit I wasn't actually expecting it to come to GoT levels of cogs in the machine. Then it turns out that we've got Sephiran and Zelgius making riots in Begnion, so this can only end poorly. Pelleas comes in to remind everyone that no, they can't just smash the senate but he found a way to break the blood pact. This however is something Michiah apparently won't do, which it turns out is kill Pelleas (he could ask someone else). The pact specifically say by a third party though, why then is Michiah counted as a third party if she's from Daein? Then we get a choice, but I decide to see what happens when Michiah commits regicide. It happens off screen sadly, but we get to see Almedha guess correctly for once that Michiah did a bad. Turns out she's right to think it's bad, the pact is still in effect (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-)

So, next chapter. Laura finds a sleep staff by putting Aran to sleep and I buy some of the bargains. Turns out that the laguz are marching at Daein to get it out of the way. And so we've reached 3-13, aka the domain of 3-13 archer. We then get told Michiah has to stand in place and get a convoyed purge. This feels a lot easier honestly, being able to funnel off laguz really makes this easy for experience gain. Nolan with Beastfoe tore up on the west, Tauroneo finally got a level or two and showed promise, one of the archers managed to survive being surrounded by Laguz, which was nice. I only had to reset because I got cocky and tried to get Sothe exp. And yet it still almost went wrong because one of the allies moved and Ike could get up the ledge to attack one of our guys. Thank fuck Volug had howl and it activated first time. Michiah then orders a retreat and the Dawn Brigade's stuck in a Helm's Deep situation with no help coming. They figure Almedha might have an idea, but it doesn't matter. The enemy's breaking in, the Laguz are going wild and a big black dragon just showed up to blow up the second castle in Tellius. Said dragon is working with Ena and Elincia, who ask everyone to retreat, no bad thing. It also turns out Almedha's Kurth's sister (still sounds weird) and then Nailah charges in, with Rafiel happy to hug the clearly overstretched Michiah. The dragon was Kurthnaga, who also wanted peace, hence the whole breathing down everyone's walls. Sanaki says that if Daein had only not been attacking them things would be fine, but then they aren't fine as the Fire Emblem is now on fire. Bastian's also missing, but we get Elincia so that's nice.

With a truce now on and broken in quick succession, Michiah's told Raifel and Nailah now and Almedha's finally explaining things. It turns out the disease I thought was faked to hide Ashnard being a dick was instead a blood pact caused spree. Well, Ashnard was still a dick and signed the pact and then killed his father, but still. The pact requires the document destroyed as well, which is dumb imo but Almedha hadn't told anyone because she wanted to save Pelleas (not that it mattered, good job Michiah.) Also, apparently Kurthnaga and Almedha had telestones they could talk to each other with. Then he sides with Daein, an action that surprisingly doesn't see Ike utter the f word. Course, Ena also has a telestone for Kurthnaga (as her brother in law), to try and get him to stop. We get some different sombre music in the base, the spirit dust and Shinon beating Rolf to get him to stop trying to pay him back. So, it still means we'll be fighting another battle that wasn't worth it. Dished out the BExp, gave Ilyana a Master Crown because she capped all but luck thanks to the BExp, 

Map itself seemed alright enough, story seems to just pour out of it though. Sanaki was able to order Naesala, wonder how much he got paid. Next scene shows Leanne alone was definitely not enough, dammit Reyson and Rafiel. So, after all the fighting, Ike is asked by Mist to check on the medallion, finding all the unconscious herons and Mist tries to sing to stop it but considering her voice in PoR I'm pretty sure she's the reason the seal broke. Regardless, now Sanaki needs to sing the Galdr of release to release the very thing that was stopped in PoR, what is this, the Godzilla of this world needed to stop Mechagodzilla? Naesala brings her, with the obvious tension that leaves. Sanaki then hums and haws it, leading to nothing. Michiah then turns up again to help with the galdr, somehow knowing the lyrics despite never hearing it before, she then proceeds to realise something, while someone else wakes up talking about the beorc and laguz getting back to fighting and a 1,00 year slumber, leading to her mentioning judgement. Gulp.

Suddenly, we're back to the room where everyone important is, with someone telling everyone the spirit of chaos kind of makes things difficult for beings that are more attuned to order. Also, yeah Michiah's being possessed and she tries to discuss a judgement, only for a cutscene to happen where Ranulf and Skrimir are discussing war and how Skrimir prefers war. Then a light blasts down on the battlefield (NOT NEPHENEE!) and it clearly caused something to get everyone left to notice. Ike then runs out only for him to find everyone on the battlefield is stoned now. Literally. And that's how Part 3 ends. Then we get our final montage where it looks like we're finally entering that big tower in Begnion, what with the goddess causing the whole stoning and all.

So I've made it to Part 4. I'm going to try to do this over three sessions, not just because I'd like to be done before picking up Three Houses, but because something else might be on the horizon here and would make this much more difficult to finish.

Hidden treasure for Part 4.

https://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/miscellaneous/hidden-treasure/maps/part-4/

Well you're almost done with RD. You've made it through the end of Part 3, where things really fall apart. Part 4 isn't too long, 6 chapters and then the final battles.

However, those six pre-final chapters are evenly divided among three armies: the Dawn Army, the Greil Army, and the Hawk Army. Each team gets access to the shared Convoy and everything in it, plus BEXP. Only the Hawk Army can forge however. 

Certain characters are forced onto each team, but you get to choose where everybody else goes. A few recommendations:

• Janaff and Ulki get a Base Conversation with a little gift if in the Hawk Army. Volug gets similar if in the Greil Army.
  • A Base Convo in the Hawk Army changes based on whether Calill is in that group, not but alive, or is dead. No reward from it though.
  • Tanith and Nealuchi get a few little lines if in the Dawn Army.

And for gameplay recommendations:

• Put most fliers into the Dawn Army, you'll see why. This army isn't exactly good for training units.
  • The Greil Army doesn't really care about much. But if you've strong units who wouldn't mind a little more EXP, this is a good place to put them.
  • If you wish to bring anyone you like to the final battle and they happen to be currently underleveled, put them in the Hawk Army. This one is perfect for bringing them to tip-top shape.

Now about Part 4 Final. This chapter is five stages long, each battle not too long in itself, with access to BEXP and the Convoy again (but no shopping) starting with the third stage. You cannot swap out characters between stages, so whoever you don't bring for the first stage, will have to sit things out for the rest. After the second stage, on all Beorc, equip their strongest weapon (SS ranks, forged Silvers, maybe Nosferatu or a siege tome) when the game tells you to. Do not equip a Staff at that moment, but of course there is no problem with using one after that.

And since you're done with Part 3, this is an infamously hard to get, but well-noted boss convo if you have Tibarn fight Nailah somehow on 3-F:

Spoiler

Tibarn vs Nailah

Nailah: …I must confess, I’ve wanted this since I first laid eyes on you. I can hardly hold myself back right now.
Tibarn: Lady, the feeling is mutual. Why do you think I winged my way over here? It looks to me like we can have a nice, private time right here. No interruptions. Just you and me.
Nailah: Hawk King Tibarn. I think that a few more scars on your face will complete that rugged look you’re going for.
Tibarn: For a beautiful woman like you, I’ll gladly offer my head. Of course you’ll have to bring me down to the ground first.
Nailah: Challenge accepted. I think you’ll regret it once I add your feathers to my necklace, though. Oh, and let’s not tell Rafiel about this, agreed? He wouldn’t understand these urges of ours.

Heck, there is a lot of character vs. character conversations at the end of Part 3. Like allllll of these:

Sothe vs Kieran

Kieran: You! You used to travel with the Greil Mercenaries!
Sothe: Wait, I know you… Crimea’s Royal Knights, Fifth Platoon leader…
Kieran: I am the second commander of the Royal Knights now!
Sothe: Ah, you did well for yourself. Are you still travelling with Oscar?
Kieran: Yes, he’s my archrival!
Sothe: Um, what’s your name again?
Kieran: It’s Kieran! How dare you forget my name!
Sothe: Oh, right, now I’ve got it. I hated the way you’d announce your name in the middle of the battlefield. That was annoying.
Kieran: And now you insult me! Even though we know each other, I will not go easy on you! You are my enemy now! This is your last chance to run. I’ll give you to the count of three! One… Two… Three…
Sothe: Hey now, don’t get mad. Other than the announcing thing, you were all right. But I have to fight. Prepare yourself!

Micaiah vs Ike

Ike: Micaiah, we have to talk. This is insane.
Micaiah: What’s insane about a people fighting for their country?
Ike: There’s got to be something we can do! Let us help, please!
Micaiah: Why would you want to help us, after everything we’ve done? No, after everything I’ve done…
Ike: We know you don’t want this fight. Isn’t there any way for us to avoid it?
Micaiah: …No. No, I’m afraid there isn’t.
Ike: Just talk to me! We can find a way!
Micaiah: You don’t understand. We can’t stop. I’m sorry, but I can’t explain it more clearly than that.
Ike: Micaiah, I don’t want you to die. I don’t want all of your soldiers to die. You have to let me help you.
Micaiah: Ike… Now I see it. Now it makes sense.
Ike: What makes sense?
Micaiah: Sothe always spoke so highly of you. Now I know the reason. You truly are a good person. It’s a shame…
Ike: Why is that a shame?
Micaiah: Because it makes what I have to do even harder. Please prepare yourself. Let’s put an end to this.
Ike: As you wish. Good-bye, Micaiah.
Micaiah: (The light of life! Shine a ray upon my path and) …strike my enemy!

Micaiah vs Soren

Soren: Our last battle, in the valley. Was that your strategy?
Micaiah: …
Soren: That was impressive. You killed thousands of beorc soldiers with your little ambush. Well done.
Micaiah: I…
Soren: The Maiden of Dawn… What are you? One of the Branded, that’s for sure. But there is something else about you… Power. Yes, I can feel it in you. You possess great power.
Micaiah: Yes, and you would know. There’s something very different about you, too. Your energy feels so…ancient. You and I seem to have so much in common.
Soren: That doesn’t matter in the slightest. The only thing that does matter is that you are a dangerous adversary. You are also in Ike’s path, so it falls to me to remove you. It’s almost a shame. Farewell, Maiden of Dawn.
Micaiah: So, you fight for someone, as well. So very much alike… But I will defeat you. I will protect the ones I love!

Zihark talks to Micaiah

Zihark: Micaiah! Pull back your troops! We don’t want to fight you. There’s got to be a way to stop all this!
Micaiah: I can’t, and there isn’t. We have to keep fighting. Until the last of us falls, we have no choice.
Zihark: What’s happened to you all?! Why get yourselves into such a hopeless war? Why did you do those horrible things in the valley? I know all of this must have a reason! Please tell me… Tell me how my country lost its soul.
Micaiah: I’ve nothing to say to you.
Zihark: I see. No words to waste on a deserter like me, is that it? I’m sorry I wasted your time.
Micaiah: Zihark–
Zihark: No, please… Just know that I could never draw steel against you. Good-bye, Micaiah.
Micaiah: I… I’m so sorry, Zihark. I can’t get you involved in this, too.

Jill talks to Micaiah

Jill: Lady Micaiah! Why do you insist on continuing this fight?!
Micaiah: Jill…
Jill: Even now, Daein blood spills on the battlefield. You must stop this! There must be another way!
Micaiah: I can’t, and there isn’t. We have to keep fighting. Until the last of us falls, we have no choice.
Jill: Please! Listen to what I’m–
Micaiah: Apostle’s dracoknight. Leave here immediately. I warn you only once. Next time, I will attack!
Jill: Lady Micaiah! Please, I beg of you! Lady Micaiah!

Astrid vs Sothe

Astrid: Oh… It’s you, Sothe. I’d sincerely hoped we wouldn’t meet like this.
Sothe: Me too, Astrid.
Astrid: I knew you were with the Daein army, but I hoped that, if I didn’t see you, I could pretend it wasn’t true. Now, however, I’m glad I saw you. How you have grown. You look like a true soldier now.
Sothe: …I’m not the only one who’s grown. You look every bit the true knight now, Astrid.
Astrid: You really think so? Thank you, Sothe. That means a lot to me.
Sothe: I know the answer, but I still have to ask. Will you pull back? We don’t really have to do this, do we?
Astrid: I was about to ask you the same thing. I don’t want to fight you, Sothe. Please fall back.
Sothe: …I thought as much. Let’s get started. I’m sorry, Astrid.
Astrid: I am sorry as well, Sothe.

Ike vs Tauroneo

Tauroneo: General Ike, of the apostle’s army! I challenge you to a duel!
Ike: …All right.
Tauroneo: I see so much of him in you… your stance, your spirit, the expression on your face… You remind me so much of Gawain. Let’s see if your swordsmanship matches your father’s!
Ike: Test me. You knew my father well. Tell me how I measure up.

Rolf vs Tauroneo

Tauroneo: Rolf? Is that you? How you’ve grown. Kids always grow up so fast.
Rolf: General Tauroneo… You’re still fighting in the Daein army? Let’s not do this. No matter how strong you are, Daein can’t win this war, and I don’t wanna hurt you.
Tauroneo: You’re right, Rolf. Daein can’t win. In most ways, we’ve already lost everything. But I must fight on. Rolf, you stand on the battlefield as a man now. I won’t hold back. You shouldn’t either. Show me what you’ve learned in the last three years.
Rolf: OK, General, if you really wanna. But, just to tell you… Uncle Shinon’s been teaching me, so this might sting…

Calill vs Tauroneo

Tauroneo: Is that you, Calill? You look well! I heard you married Largo and opened a pub. How is Largo these days?
Calill: That fool went and lost his arm in an accident. No more fighting for him, that’s for sure.
Tauroneo: Oh! Well, uh, I’m sorry to hear that.
Calill: Oh, but he’s doing fine otherwise. A tough one, that man. Our business is doing great, and he’s married to the best woman in the world! That’s worth an arm or two, I’d say.
Tauroneo: Indeed. I’m glad you two are happy.
Calill: How about you, General? I told Largo that I’d visit you in Daein and see how you were doing.
Tauroneo: Me? I just… I only wish to meet a glorious end on the battlefield, fit for a general of Daein.
Calill: Mmm-hmm. Men are so full of it. I mean, honestly, are you even listening to how stupid that sounds?
Tauroneo: Wh-what do you mean–
Calill: What I mean is that you’re stupid. You have people who care for you on both sides of this suicidal battle. And here you are, in the thick of things, looking to throw your life away! You selfish fool! Looks like I’ll have to do this myself. I’m taking you back with me, General. The hard way.
Tauroneo: You have an interesting way of making your point.

Skrimir vs Nailah

Nailah: Ah, the lion prince! You’ll give me the challenge I’m craving, won’t you? I’m having trouble finding decent enemies.
Skrimir: Gladly, Queen Nailah. I’ve wanted to fight a wolf ever since I heard the legends of your people as a cub. Let me show you why I am the heir to the lion king. You’d better hope you eastern laguz heal as well as we do.

Ilyana vs Nailah

Ilyana: Wolf Queen…
Nailah: Ilyana. I am not familiar with beorc magic. You might actually stand a chance, if you strike quickly.
Ilyana: Um, OK… But… Queen Nailah? Would you promise me something? If we both live through this, will you take me for some good Hatari cooking?

Brom talks to Meg

Meg: Daddy!
Brom: Meg! I’m glad you’re safe and sound. How’s my baby girl?
Meg: I’m doin’ swell. It’s good to see you, too, Daddy.
Brom: Meg, can you do Daddy a favor? I don’t know what in blazes is going on, but family has gotta stick together! Why don’t you be a good little girl and mosey on over to your daddy’s side.
Meg: No…I can’t. I’m sorry, Daddy. Micaiah is a good person. I believe in her. I want to fight for her.
Brom: Well, shucks, this ain’t no good at all! I hope those higher-ups get their act together soon. But one thing’s for sure. You’re my girl. No way are we gonna fight. Not for anybody or anything!