On 7/22/2019 at 3:58 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well you're almost done with RD. You've made it through the end of Part 3, where things really fall apart. Part 4 isn't too long, 6 chapters and then the final battles.

However, those six pre-final chapters are evenly divided among three armies: the Dawn Army, the Greil Army, and the Hawk Army. Each team gets access to the shared Convoy and everything in it, plus BEXP. Only the Hawk Army can forge however. 

Certain characters are forced onto each team, but you get to choose where everybody else goes. A few recommendations:

• Janaff and Ulki get a Base Conversation with a little gift if in the Hawk Army. Volug gets similar if in the Greil Army.
  • A Base Convo in the Hawk Army changes based on whether Calill is in that group, not but alive, or is dead. No reward from it though.
  • Tanith and Nealuchi get a few little lines if in the Dawn Army.

And for gameplay recommendations:

• Put most fliers into the Dawn Army, you'll see why. This army isn't exactly good for training units.
  • The Greil Army doesn't really care about much. But if you've strong units who wouldn't mind a little more EXP, this is a good place to put them.
  • If you wish to bring anyone you like to the final battle and they happen to be currently underleveled, put them in the Hawk Army. This one is perfect for bringing them to tip-top shape.

Yeah, this may have led to me sticking all my fliers in the Dawn army and most of the rest of the Dawn Brigade with the Hawk army (That second one was partly because Leonardo's bows had been left on Volug and I needed some way to transfer stuff to him). Lots of benched units too.

Now about Part 4 Final. This chapter is five stages long, each battle not too long in itself, with access to BEXP and the Convoy again (but no shopping) starting with the third stage. You cannot swap out characters between stages, so whoever you don't bring for the first stage, will have to sit things out for the rest. After the second stage, on all Beorc, equip their strongest weapon (SS ranks, forged Silvers, maybe Nosferatu or a siege tome) when the game tells you to. Do not equip a Staff at that moment, but of course there is no problem with using one after that.

This may have informed forges.

Also does it have to be sorted out before the end of that map?

Tibarn vs Nailah

Nailah: …I must confess, I’ve wanted this since I first laid eyes on you. I can hardly hold myself back right now.
Tibarn: Lady, the feeling is mutual. Why do you think I winged my way over here? It looks to me like we can have a nice, private time right here. No interruptions. Just you and me.
Nailah: Hawk King Tibarn. I think that a few more scars on your face will complete that rugged look you’re going for.
Tibarn: For a beautiful woman like you, I’ll gladly offer my head. Of course you’ll have to bring me down to the ground first.
Nailah: Challenge accepted. I think you’ll regret it once I add your feathers to my necklace, though. Oh, and let’s not tell Rafiel about this, agreed? He wouldn’t understand these urges of ours.

Am... am I the only one thinking they did it?

They really sound like they're just about to go do something that's definitely not fight.

I hadn't really discuss the units and story as a whole for Part 3. Just going to stick it here.

Spoiler

The Greil Mercs have a pretty solid set of units, to the point where anyone was likely useable even if I didn't bother. Most of the units like Ike and so on were solid, no real troubles with them (even if Rolf got benched except for ballistae). Mist not having her horse I am annoyed by but I don't think there was much of any issue with the Greil mercs as a whole. The Crimean forces were about the same as the last time, though I got a scare with 3-10 they at least didn't charge too quick. I did like their map in this part. The Dawn Brigade needed at least 2-3 more maps with their bases. Honestly I think the solution might have been to give them more levels in Part 1 and change that accordingly. Actually pretty useful as units otherwise, wish Ilyana had stayed but not really considering what she did with Blossom. Across the board there's not many in 3rd tier, only Titania and Haar actually got it but most are close (except the Dawn Brigade).

Story wise I didn't have much complaint at first, but it first of all feels like the Laguz Alliance gets turfed out too quickly imo. Begnion feels similarly OP to the Loptyr sect actually, they happen to get a bloody nose but are just able to smash through the generics and all of a sudden it's all mostly over. Also, where did the massive amounts of racism come from? This feels a little out of place considering the Begnion that we saw in PoR was more evenly split and still mourned the fate of Serenes. If that was Sanaki just being disconnected from the world, that needed to be much clearer imo. Elincia could be considered too pacifistic, but I kind of am on board with how it pans out story wise. Sanaki kind of feels like she's just been hoofed out thanks to whatever juice Lekain downed to be able to pull of Begnion's actions all game, with her just being forced into losing all she had as Apostle to make her struggle. Michiah being forced into a terrible situation was interesting and is something of IS attempting to take a journey like Lyn's, force the character to take actions she'd rather not and see the fall out of that, with her being continuously stressed out and the issues that arise in this part. That being said, the Blood Pact.

The blood pact is certainly one of the dumber devices in the series, especially as a badly handled Faustian pact (Pelleas isn't seeking something for it himself and he still gets fucked by it. It also just feels like more "We needed Begnion to be the bad guys"). The fallout of it isn't the worst part, but forcing the situation so that Pelleas has to be sacrificed is one thing. Writing it so that it doesn't even matter if he dies is frankly super dumb and just makes Lekain a moustache twirler in his scenes. I also feel like the way the gods resurrected could have been better too. Not the 3-F mind, moreso the way that the fallout from that feels like it should just end everyone. But apparently not? Needs more explanation.

Edit: Ike being the straight man having to deal with everyone else on their wacky journeys kind of forces him as the central protagonist sadly. I mean, this feels like he shouldn't be but he's still going to be, right? I'd go into my opinion on changing the Tellius games, but that can be left be for now.

Anyways, moving on. Part 4 starts, turns out our units survived (how it counts Fiona or Meg as strong enough's a good question) and whatever's in Michiah refers to them all as flesh creatures, It's then confirmed Yune's the possessor, Michiah allowed her to take her over to talk and she uses that line about being neither holy or base that got into Heores and Ashera did the stoning of the millennium. Sanaki and Ike get told that no, Ashera's not all good at all and tells Ike to shut up with his confused straight man (the trope!) role and goes to Mist. Mist of course guesses Yune called Mist to help stop the end of the world, but it didn't even matter and despite the attempt it turns out that apparently the whole world was at war which their ancestors promised wouldn't be let happen for 1000 years. WHOOPS! Ike asks how then does it matter Yune wasn't released with the Galdr and gets told to take the straight man sthick to the corner but then says if they'd been woken by war that Tellius would likely be sunk by now and that Ashera pulled a dick move by going ahead so she's going to try to reverse the whole thing. Everyone decides to go with it but Sothe isn't quite on board (who would be after nearly getting killed by Tibarn?) but accepts and Yune picks out some teams to split up the party (That sounds like a bad idea), promoting Ike as well with a nice silver spaulder and getting him some good stats. We then get to pick out the teams, which I tried to split pretty evenly and still failed a bit partly because I know there's a desert map and have tried to build with based on what I could guess otherwise. Left me with both warriors in the same party sadly (switching out equipment isn't allowed in this, which is frustrating and I am not on board). And with that we're off to see the goddess but Yune fucks off out of Michiah, we get more of the telestones for the herons and Ranulf picks now to tell Ike Zelgius is the BK (DAMMIT HEROES!).

In the first map it's confirmed Lekain's around (ugh.) and propagandising to a force called the Disciples of Order and this isn't religious fervour at all no sir- Okay, that was sarcastic. Naesala is being moody, while others try to get him to come with like as if he's alone in his room writing angry poetry. Then Skrimir comes to shout at them and they defend Naesala despite his willingness to tear Naesala to shreds, which Naesala responds to by flying everyone out of range. Anyways, Naesala seemingly confirms I was right about Kilvas having a blood pact on it and Sanaki is angsting about Michiah singing the Galdr correctly and how she couldn't (Yeah, this'll need explanation. She didn't know the song right? I thought they sang it together there), Sothe speaks nicely about Pelleas, Muston gives Rexbolt and apparently Satori signs are alien in origin. I then hand Michiah the paragon scroll because Sothe's near 20 anyway and she's at level 6, get a heal for Ilyana, pickup a bunch of equipment because we're a bit low on weaponry and drop Fiona's skills because they'll be better used by literally anyone else. Then the disciples with literal gold-coloured armour arrive, Sanaki decides to finally help and the map's here. It's kind of easy because Haar is promoted, but it's a real meat grinder and thankfully after the first few turns the reinforcements stop. Also, when were people going to tell me marksmen get +1 range? Shinon's going to be nuts, makes me want to raise Leonardo to the end now. Uneventful actually aside from the chance of the boss causing a scare passing rather quick, we're then told that these lads weren't all supposed to be pseudo tier 3, when Yune repossesses Michiah and tells everyone Ashera's resurrecting some people from stone to do her bidding and arming them and all. Hell, Yune concludes that when this is over Ashera would just turn them back to stone (Ungrateful, eh?). Sothe also doesn't like a god possessing Michiah, who knew that'd happen? Though it turns out her visions were from Yune to begin with (huh?) and when Sothe apologises to her he gets a promotion, which is officially the weirdest story promotion in the series. Also can he stop with the belly tops? Then they realise that Lekain has to still be around, well that's no good. Sanaki's still upset because she'd probably like the Paragon scroll.

Elsewhere Ike has the dragons on top of everyone else and is going back to the barely remembered Seliora. Meanwhile, we learn Reyson wants to be Tibarn when he grows up, I get a bunch of weapons again because one thing I did was spread myself a bit thin but I was around 50k by the start of Part 4 and I'm already down to 35k. I'm in danger I think. As is everyone because they got ambushed by the disciples. Though Nephenee finally promoted and octupled her HP at the moment because she'd been tanking armours and had 6 HP before promotion. Sadly this did not mean there wasn't frustration, mainly with Heather because once again Shade didn't stop her getting killed. Routed in 9 turns, probably should have just finished in the 8th. Level wise, nobody's getting amazing levels but plenty of solid ones, Nolan's at a point where I'd honestly prefer giving him Bexp (capped Spd, Skl, Res and Mag, he'd be more likely to get Def/Str if I did this) and Boyd and Soren also promoted. Afterwards, Ike asks why Ena just stood there and she admits it's because Kurth hates seeing blood (gee) and Ike goes to talk to him. This leads to him explaining his sister and brother were in Daein hence why he sided with them (Almedha and Rajaion) and confirms Rajaion died. Ike confirms the ending of Por and agrees to keep Kurth having siblings secret. 

Meanwhile, Tibarn's been forced to take a detour round a lake, which annoys Tibarn because he wants a good fight to keep himself from getting lax. I buy more equipment because once again I am stretched thin and finally forge something: a silver lance with increased might and crit called Blue Buster. Even got an extra might out of the sword card, so it's +5! Then another ambush happens with Valtome leading it (I get to punch him in his face!) On the way Elincia got a near perfect level, I figured out how to exploit promotions to get out of tight situations and I once again took way too long to just beat a bunch of enemies. Looking at the disciples, they really are super tacky with the gold all over. I'm pretty sure they got gold skin paint and all. After that long map, Elincia still isn't thrilled by war even as she was the one to smash up Valtome. Then she checks up on Almedha, who's still in mourning and mentions her father betrayed her (What, is this explained?), that Ashnard pretty much cast her aside after she was pregnant and that she still feels badly about the fate of Rajaion.

With that, hoo boy I'm another step to the end! Few more maps before the finale!

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also does it have to be sorted out before the end of that map?

Nope, after you complete the second stage of the final fight, you'll be granted a reprieve to rearm everyone. It's when you end this reprieve and choose to walk forward onto the third battlefield (which has a separate pre-battle screen for position units) that it'll be set in stone.

Also, at that point, IIRC, all Laguz (maybe not the Herons?) will start every battle with a full transformation gauge.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also, where did the massive amounts of racism come from? This feels a little out of place considering the Begnion that we saw in PoR was more evenly split and still mourned the fate of Serenes.

That was specifically for the Serenes Massacre. Do recall that despite being the Laguz-friendly Beorc country, Crimea back in PoR's Blood Runs Red, had Ranulf shoved a bunch by racist peasants. 

The Herons I guess were treated differently from the other Laguz. The Herons were known to be delicate and peaceful, the rest are furry and feathery and like roughhousing. Herons = civilized apostates (they did not believe in the goddess-choseness of the Apostle) to Begnion people, other Birds and Beasts = savages, or I speculate.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Begnion feels similarly OP to the Loptyr sect actually, they happen to get a bloody nose but are just able to smash through the generics and all of a sudden it's all mostly over.

The game did make the point that the Begnion Central Army was only grazed up to and including 3-3, though you might be right that the massive retreat was too much. Pulling back to an opposite riverbank and holding there might have been more realistic.

Begnion is the undisputed superpower of Tellius. Whereas Bern = Etruria in Elibe for instance, Begnion lacks any single equal in terms of strength. All kingdoms but Goldoa originally were part of Begnion- so the artbooks and an official timeline describe.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also, when were people going to tell me marksmen get +1 range? Shinon's going to be nuts, makes me want to raise Leonardo to the end now.

There is a -30 Hit penalty when attacking from Range 3 with a bow, but Marksmen (Saggitary in Japan) have the Skl to not care about that.

While PoR was really bad for bow users, RD did better with them, well not great (FE12, FE6), but they're better, and the Marksman class is a sweet treat for them.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also can he stop with the belly tops?

RD has what's called the Extended Script. Basically it's a translation faux pas. In the Japanese version of the game, playing on Hard adds little bits to the dialogue here and there. The US added some bits of its own to the script (Micaiah mentioning Lekain at the end of 4-P is one of them), but forgot to translate the Extended Script. One itty-bitty scrap:

Micaiah:
“It really suits you. This costume.”

Sothe:
“Are you sure…?”

Micaiah:
“Mmm-hmm.”

The Extended Script has serious stuff too, like this from 3-13:

Spoiler

Ike:
“Elincia… We’ve almost exhausted the 5000 soldiers we borrowed from Crimea… I’m sorry.” [Referring to Micaiah's attack in 3-12.]

Elincia:
“Empress Sanaki just apologised to me before… I heard the soldiers’ bodies have already been buried by the bishops. So the only thing I can do… is to bring their spirits back home… and tell their families everything.”

Ike:
“…”

Elincia:
“Lord Ike… Please lift your spirits. This is war… I already anticipated this.”

Ike:
“Elincia…”

Elincia:
“I am the Queen. If I don’t stay strong, then…”

Ike:
“…It seems Crimea has itself a strong ruler.”

But SF doesn't have the full Extended Script translated, unfortunately.

And I forgot to mention, be sure to strip anyone you're not bringing into the final battles of the Nihil and Parity skills. Ike should've gotten Nihil on promotion, make sure he keeps that. Otherwise you can wait until on reassigning your copies of these skills.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 7/26/2019 at 4:55 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nope, after you complete the second stage of the final fight, you'll be granted a reprieve to rearm everyone. It's when you end this reprieve and choose to walk forward onto the third battlefield (which has a separate pre-battle screen for position units) that it'll be set in stone.

Also, at that point, IIRC, all Laguz (maybe not the Herons?) will start every battle with a full transformation gauge.

So I'm free to spam the Laguz stones on Skrimir and Ranulf.

Cool.

That was specifically for the Serenes Massacre. Do recall that despite being the Laguz-friendly Beorc country, Crimea back in PoR's Blood Runs Red, had Ranulf shoved a bunch by racist peasants. 

The Herons I guess were treated differently from the other Laguz. The Herons were known to be delicate and peaceful, the rest are furry and feathery and like roughhousing. Herons = civilized apostates (they did not believe in the goddess-choseness of the Apostle) to Begnion people, other Birds and Beasts = savages, or I speculate.

So, it is like I concluded, it did need to be better shown in story imo (for Begnion I mean).

Is there much of an indication the Laguz don't believe in Ashera, or is it just a species (race?) thing?

There is a -30 Hit penalty when attacking from Range 3 with a bow, but Marksmen (Saggitary in Japan) have the Skl to not care about that.

While PoR was really bad for bow users, RD did better with them, well not great (FE12, FE6), but they're better, and the Marksman class is a sweet treat for them.

Mostly for pure archers though, poor Astrid.

RD has what's called the Extended Script. Basically it's a translation faux pas. In the Japanese version of the game, playing on Hard adds little bits to the dialogue here and there. The US added some bits of its own to the script (Micaiah mentioning Lekain at the end of 4-P is one of them), but forgot to translate the Extended Script. One itty-bitty scrap:

Micaiah:
“It really suits you. This costume.”

Sothe:
“Are you sure…?”

Micaiah:
“Mmm-hmm.”

Sothe's thoughts.

Also, fascinating. Is there a list of additions to the world this script adds somewhere?

The Extended Script has serious stuff too, like this from 3-13:

Reveal hidden contents

Ike:
“Elincia… We’ve almost exhausted the 5000 soldiers we borrowed from Crimea… I’m sorry.” [Referring to Micaiah's attack in 3-12.]

Elincia:
“Empress Sanaki just apologised to me before… I heard the soldiers’ bodies have already been buried by the bishops. So the only thing I can do… is to bring their spirits back home… and tell their families everything.”

Ike:
“…”

Elincia:
“Lord Ike… Please lift your spirits. This is war… I already anticipated this.”

Ike:
“Elincia…”

Elincia:
“I am the Queen. If I don’t stay strong, then…”

Ike:
“…It seems Crimea has itself a strong ruler.”

But SF doesn't have the full Extended Script translated, unfortunately.

I mean, stuff like that might make people think Ike/Elinica.

Based off PoR's localisation how did they miss that one? I mean, I get that they missed the extended script, but why?

And I forgot to mention, be sure to strip anyone you're not bringing into the final battles of the Nihil and Parity skills. Ike should've gotten Nihil on promotion, make sure he keeps that. Otherwise you can wait until on reassigning your copies of these skills.

I'm on that already, Elincia replaced Mercy with Disarm at present for instance.

The next map leads to Michiah's forces entering a desert (BOO!) while Lekain boasts about being God's messenger and that they'll win for sure if he's there, but the other senator Hetzel isn't so sure about all that, considering he thinks they're both horrible people (who still didn't apologise to Elincia). Michiah meanwhile tries to be friendlier to Sanaki while she admits that she's questioning if she's really a descendent of Altina and if Michiah would be a better apostle than her but Yune confirms Michiah's not blessed by the gods and was born with it. Also, FE once again confirms that the gods are not omnipotent and omniscient, more fickle than would be liked and Yune then admits she may have flipped out and drowned the world once. Hell, she causes a sandstorm while admitting this, then leaves. Sanaki also starts debating if Zelgius and Sephiran made it out alive while digging for magic and Michiah gets given a Nosferatu despite prying into Naesala's emotions. Then Lekain happens to be there, insulting Sanaki as a fake and then says that Sanaki isn't the apostle after all and she had an older sister. Someone who apparently was assassinated with the previous apostle (which is hard to believe considering he says the herons did it again) and leaves to keep fighting. Somehow they made the desert worse, with all units needing three move for each tile unless they're mages or can fly (Just.... WHY?). I was going through it, even if that purge and elsleep just messed with me and then BK showed up in his new form as Mr. Steal yo Exp. Lekain wusses out after see that BK indeed showed up and BK proceeds to mostly stay in place and do much of nothing. I also go for Stefan, who it turns out talks to Michiah about being Branded (I guess) and that he's gone militant about it now. He also still has the Vague Katti, so that's nice for someone else. After getting Numa Numa killed by Tanith, I even managed to get the Laguz gem and realised just why I might want it for the rest of the game. Unfortunately I was nowhere near quick enough and had to deal with the latter end of reinforcements and it was just boring honestly. I am tired of this map, that's a good way of putting it. After all that, BK asks Michiah to come with him, which she rejects unless everyone goes and he just goes away, leaving Michiah and Sothe to remember Lekain also got away. Then Sanaki talks about the time when the last apostle died and everyone discusses her appointment as apostle. When she admits she's likely not the apostle, Sigurn and Tanith still insist they're on board with her which she's happy to hear. That map took three hours, never again. 

Back to Ike, who's being messed with thanks to all the news he's been getting from Kurthnaga and Ranulf, while they head back to Tanas (Ah I remember that map, good times.) Turns out the place is a bit clean for a house that's supposed to be abandoned and Rafiel feels a presence looking at him. Oh no, is Oliver a ghost? Meanwhile Ike got an elixir and a study partner, promoted Mist as she's at level 20 anyway (SHE HAS A HORSE) and got out some items, Then there's another ambush, who also happen to find Tormod and co in danger. I now understand why nobody recommends using him, poor guy. Then it turns out Hetzel went to check on the squatter, who's Oliver (OI, Stop resurrecting dead people RD. Who next, Ashnard?). I took a try, but sadly I didn't finish, Ike and Boyd both got slept and I had no restores so I might have to purchase one for the map and other than that I had managed so far though..

Also, a bit of a timer's now on: I'm starting with a job the week after next (I will not have the chance to play that for sure then) and on top of that I'm not going to be able to play it for pretty much the next week (I'm helping with a renovation for the next few days). Clock's ticking.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is there much of an indication the Laguz don't believe in Ashera, or is it just a species (race?) thing?

The Laguz believe in Ashera like the Beorc do. The Herons (and the other Laguz probably didn't care or agreed) only rejected the Apostle as a very special individual who can hear her voice. Think of it like Protestants believing in God, but denying the Pope to be God's highest representative on Earth.

According to the artbooks, the Herons turned against the idea of the Apostle around the year 470. In that year, the Kingdom of Serenes was declared. The cause for separation with Begnion was the disbelief that Ashera and her earthly would support the then-ongoing Tellius Continental War.

The war was everyone except Goldoa fighting against Begnion between the years 432 and 478; although Begnion had first invaded Daein and Kilvas in 425. The cause of the war was Begnion not being happy that everyone was seceding, and deciding to try again after a war decades prior against Gallia and Phoenicis had failed.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The next map leads to Michiah's forces entering a desert (BOO!) while Lekain boasts about being God's messenger and that they'll win for sure if he's there

The artbooks state that long ago, in the year -131 of the Begnion Calendar, the Kingdom of Begnion was founded after the "Dark God" was defeated (the Great Flood was -155). Its first ruler was Queen Altina, a Beorc. She was followed by King Soane, a Laguz. The Laguz and Beorc lived happily together as one, except for the Dragons, they moved to the remote and desert-covered southwest b/c they could outlive everyone else by centuries. The Begnion monarchy to maintain harmony was alternated between Beorc and Laguz.

However, due to a belief the strong should rule, the monarchy increasingly came to go to be lead by the Laguz. The Laguz apparently outnumbered the Beorc at this time, and they came to look down on the Beorc as inferiors.

Meanwhile, Yoram, granddaughter of Altina, stated she could hear the voice of Ashera, for which she became known through the title "Apostle". The Beorc flocked to her for guidance, and her daughter and her granddaughter Toremeni inherited her power to speak with the goddess. To support the Apostle, a religious organization developed- the Senate.

The Begnion Civil War resulted. The Laguz formed a Ruler Faction supporting the traditional monarchy they dominated, the Beorc supported the Apostle and the Senate. 

The war ended with the Hawk leader Keogh was captured and executed, the Ruler Faction was defeated and all but the Herons (who didn't participate like the Dragons) became slaves. The Apostle (now Meshua) and the Senate won, the Kingdom of Begnion ceased to be, and the Begnion Empire and Theocracy was born. This was in the year 1, the epoch year of the Begnion Calendar.

-I brought this up, just to explain where the origins of the Senate's claim's to representing Ashera pre-Part 4 originate. They helped get the Apostle into political power as Empress.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Is there a list of additions to the world this script adds somewhere?

Unfortunately, no. Kirokan who rarely posts on SF wants to assemble it all one day. But they haven't had time to do anything more than scantalations of the FEH comic for about a year or so.

The Extended Script is about 5% longer, so about 2 full chapters' worth of lines.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I now understand why nobody recommends using him, poor guy.

Agreed. Why they couldn't have him join the GMs in Part 3 is beyond me. And Vika has amazing growths.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Ike and Boyd both got slept and I had no restores so I might have to purchase one for the map and other than that I had managed so far though..

Or, if you have enough units with sufficient Con to do it (+2 compared to target unit), you can just Shove them. Every shove performed on a unit decreases the duration of Sleep by 1 turn.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

After getting Numa Numa

About him:

Spoiler

Micaiah vs Numida

Micaiah: You!
Numida: Who are you, girl?
Micaiah: Duke Numida! I will never forget your oppression of the Daein people, or your cowardly flight from justice!
Numida: Ah, you’re from Daein. you should know that I had nothing to do with that unpleasantness. That was all General Jarod’s doing.
Micaiah: General Jarod was a scoundrel and a fiend, but at least he had a soldier’s honesty in his villainy. You black-hearted senators nauseate me, weaving a dense tapestry of lies that you yourselves believe!

Sanaki vs Numida

Numida: So, child, what the vice-minister said was true! Wicked infant! How dare you pretend to be divinely inspired while you heard absolutely nothing from the Goddess!
Sanaki: I…

Sothe vs Numida

Numida: Fool! Do you honestly believe that your dark god can triumph in the face of Ashera’s divine majesty?
Sothe: She’s not my dark god. To be honest, I don’t care about the gods. They have nothing to do with me.
Numida: What?! Then who do you fight for?!
Sothe: I fight for my family, and I fight against tyranny. That is enough.

Skrimir vs Numida

Numida: Ahhh! What a fearsome beast! Only the dark god could create such a monstrosity!
Skrimir: What’s wrong, little beorc? frightened? if you cannot look upon me, you cannot hope to defeat me!

Naesala vs Numida

Naesala: Duke Numida…I wonder why a coward like you was turned back from stone? Especially considering some of your more…impious transgressions.
Numida: W-what are you talking about? I am a Senator in high standing!
Naesala: My country provides me with excellent spies, your grace. I know every atrocity you committed while in Daein. I hold information that would ruin you if it were made public. It’s rather a shame all that work will be wasted, since this is the last day of your life.

Sigrun vs Numida

Numida: It’s tragic, really, that the Holy Knights have wasted so much time and energy protecting a sham apostle! it’s not too late, you know, to align yourself with the true chosen of the Goddess.
Sigrun: The loyalty of the holy Knights can only be commanded by one person, and that will never change. It is my duty and my privilege to execute her orders and destroy the enemies of the apostle!

Tanith vs Numida

Tanith: I am second commander Tanith of the Holy Knights! Enemies of the apostle, beware!
Numida: How sad that you still put stock in your laughable infant of a holy figure. Fool!

Nolan vs Numida

Nolan: No one escapes from their past, Numida. We all have to answer for our crimes one day. Today is that day for you.
Numida: Silence, cur!

Edward vs Numida

Edward: This is for the free people of Daein! Haaaa!
Numida: Don’t you idealistic twits ever give up?

Leonardo vs Numida

Leonardo: You crushed freedom in Daein for years! Do you even have a conscience?!
Numida: Daein gutter trash! I should have had you all killed when I had the chance!

Fiona vs Numida

Numida: Disciples of Order! Hurry up! Destroy them!
Fiona: Why would you want to step on the people of Daein? You are long overdue for justice. I truly feel blessed that I’ll be the one to give it to you.

Laura vs Numida

Laura: You have caused more suffering than any being I’ve ever met. Did you not learn that the goddess will someday punish those who harm others?
Numida: Peasant! How dare you preach to me!

Aran vs Numida

Numida: Aargh! Where are my guards? Why do I have to be the one to fight?!
Aran: That’s right, I remember who you are. You let others do your dirty work while you run for safety. Looks like you’re running out of places to run, Senator.

Black Knight vs Numida

Black Knight: Your time is done.
Numida: Damn you, ghost! If you had just stayed dead, I could have done whatever I wanted to Daein!

Stefan vs Numida

Numida: Wh-who are you?!
Stefan: I am the desert, and I brook no intrusion. Make peace with your goddess.

How did Aran get a boss convo?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Then Sanaki talks about the time when the last apostle died and everyone discusses her appointment as apostle.

There is a CG that went unused, that I think was intended for this moment:

Spoiler

fe10-sephiran-and-infant-sanaki-unused.p

And I agree, RD has one terrible desert map. Sure it has no turn limit for the true ending and Fog of War, but it's still pretty damn bad. Being 100% sand is the big problem, besides the enemies spawning everywhere. 

On 7/31/2019 at 7:21 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Laguz believe in Ashera like the Beorc do. The Herons (and the other Laguz probably didn't care or agreed) only rejected the Apostle as a very special individual who can hear her voice. Think of it like Protestants believing in God, but denying the Pope to be God's highest representative on Earth.

According to the artbooks, the Herons turned against the idea of the Apostle around the year 470. In that year, the Kingdom of Serenes was declared. The cause for separation with Begnion was the disbelief that Ashera and her earthly would support the then-ongoing Tellius Continental War.

The war was everyone except Goldoa fighting against Begnion between the years 432 and 478; although Begnion had first invaded Daein and Kilvas in 425. The cause of the war was Begnion not being happy that everyone was seceding, and deciding to try again after a war decades prior against Gallia and Phoenicis had failed.

But of course Begnion had more dick moves in the past.

I mean I get it but I just keep on comparing to the UK too much. Begnion really did just want power, no wonder Ashera's association with them rankles me.

The artbooks state that long ago, in the year -131 of the Begnion Calendar, the Kingdom of Begnion was founded after the "Dark God" was defeated (the Great Flood was -155). Its first ruler was Queen Altina, a Beorc. She was followed by King Soane, a Laguz. The Laguz and Beorc lived happily together as one, except for the Dragons, they moved to the remote and desert-covered southwest b/c they could outlive everyone else by centuries. The Begnion monarchy to maintain harmony was alternated between Beorc and Laguz.

However, due to a belief the strong should rule, the monarchy increasingly came to go to be lead by the Laguz. The Laguz apparently outnumbered the Beorc at this time, and they came to look down on the Beorc as inferiors.

Meanwhile, Yoram, granddaughter of Altina, stated she could hear the voice of Ashera, for which she became known through the title "Apostle". The Beorc flocked to her for guidance, and her daughter and her granddaughter Toremeni inherited her power to speak with the goddess. To support the Apostle, a religious organization developed- the Senate.

The Begnion Civil War resulted. The Laguz formed a Ruler Faction supporting the traditional monarchy they dominated, the Beorc supported the Apostle and the Senate. 

The war ended with the Hawk leader Keogh was captured and executed, the Ruler Faction was defeated and all but the Herons (who didn't participate like the Dragons) became slaves. The Apostle (now Meshua) and the Senate won, the Kingdom of Begnion ceased to be, and the Begnion Empire and Theocracy was born. This was in the year 1, the epoch year of the Begnion Calendar.

-I brought this up, just to explain where the origins of the Senate's claim's to representing Ashera pre-Part 4 originate. They helped get the Apostle into political power as Empress.

Even the Laguz couldn't stop Begnion being terrible.

So the apostle did once hear the voice? I wonder why?

Unfortunately, no. Kirokan who rarely posts on SF wants to assemble it all one day. But they haven't had time to do anything more than scantalations of the FEH comic for about a year or so.

The Extended Script is about 5% longer, so about 2 full chapters' worth of lines.

Well no wonder.

Kirokan hasn't exactly been that free, never mind the other projects they have.

Agreed. Why they couldn't have him join the GMs in Part 3 is beyond me. And Vika has amazing growths.

Poor Vika, maybe I'd try in a Laguz only run.

If I wanted to go crazy.

Or, if you have enough units with sufficient Con to do it (+2 compared to target unit), you can just Shove them. Every shove performed on a unit decreases the duration of Sleep by 1 turn.

That doesn't mean that I can freely shove, what with the place they get slept being the stairway with armours at the top.

About him:

Reveal hidden contents

Micaiah vs Numida

Micaiah: You!
Numida: Who are you, girl?
Micaiah: Duke Numida! I will never forget your oppression of the Daein people, or your cowardly flight from justice!
Numida: Ah, you’re from Daein. you should know that I had nothing to do with that unpleasantness. That was all General Jarod’s doing.
Micaiah: General Jarod was a scoundrel and a fiend, but at least he had a soldier’s honesty in his villainy. You black-hearted senators nauseate me, weaving a dense tapestry of lies that you yourselves believe!

Sanaki vs Numida

Numida: So, child, what the vice-minister said was true! Wicked infant! How dare you pretend to be divinely inspired while you heard absolutely nothing from the Goddess!
Sanaki: I…

Sothe vs Numida

Numida: Fool! Do you honestly believe that your dark god can triumph in the face of Ashera’s divine majesty?
Sothe: She’s not my dark god. To be honest, I don’t care about the gods. They have nothing to do with me.
Numida: What?! Then who do you fight for?!
Sothe: I fight for my family, and I fight against tyranny. That is enough.

Skrimir vs Numida

Numida: Ahhh! What a fearsome beast! Only the dark god could create such a monstrosity!
Skrimir: What’s wrong, little beorc? frightened? if you cannot look upon me, you cannot hope to defeat me!

Naesala vs Numida

Naesala: Duke Numida…I wonder why a coward like you was turned back from stone? Especially considering some of your more…impious transgressions.
Numida: W-what are you talking about? I am a Senator in high standing!
Naesala: My country provides me with excellent spies, your grace. I know every atrocity you committed while in Daein. I hold information that would ruin you if it were made public. It’s rather a shame all that work will be wasted, since this is the last day of your life.

Sigrun vs Numida

Numida: It’s tragic, really, that the Holy Knights have wasted so much time and energy protecting a sham apostle! it’s not too late, you know, to align yourself with the true chosen of the Goddess.
Sigrun: The loyalty of the holy Knights can only be commanded by one person, and that will never change. It is my duty and my privilege to execute her orders and destroy the enemies of the apostle!

Tanith vs Numida

Tanith: I am second commander Tanith of the Holy Knights! Enemies of the apostle, beware!
Numida: How sad that you still put stock in your laughable infant of a holy figure. Fool!

Nolan vs Numida

Nolan: No one escapes from their past, Numida. We all have to answer for our crimes one day. Today is that day for you.
Numida: Silence, cur!

Edward vs Numida

Edward: This is for the free people of Daein! Haaaa!
Numida: Don’t you idealistic twits ever give up?

Leonardo vs Numida

Leonardo: You crushed freedom in Daein for years! Do you even have a conscience?!
Numida: Daein gutter trash! I should have had you all killed when I had the chance!

Fiona vs Numida

Numida: Disciples of Order! Hurry up! Destroy them!
Fiona: Why would you want to step on the people of Daein? You are long overdue for justice. I truly feel blessed that I’ll be the one to give it to you.

Laura vs Numida

Laura: You have caused more suffering than any being I’ve ever met. Did you not learn that the goddess will someday punish those who harm others?
Numida: Peasant! How dare you preach to me!

Aran vs Numida

Numida: Aargh! Where are my guards? Why do I have to be the one to fight?!
Aran: That’s right, I remember who you are. You let others do your dirty work while you run for safety. Looks like you’re running out of places to run, Senator.

Black Knight vs Numida

Black Knight: Your time is done.
Numida: Damn you, ghost! If you had just stayed dead, I could have done whatever I wanted to Daein!

Stefan vs Numida

Numida: Wh-who are you?!
Stefan: I am the desert, and I brook no intrusion. Make peace with your goddess.

How did Aran get a boss convo?

I will still call him Numa Numa.

Aran's convo is a weird one to see, but good on him.

There is a CG that went unused, that I think was intended for this moment:

Reveal hidden contents

That is a nice image, really shows Sanaki's seeming inability.

And I agree, RD has one terrible desert map. Sure it has no turn limit for the true ending and Fog of War, but it's still pretty damn bad. Being 100% sand is the big problem, besides the enemies spawning everywhere. 

I'm debating if it's actually worse.

That one less move for all non-mage beorc is just nauseating.

So, finished the chapter. Turns out Nailah's great at dodging sleep staves, Ike is absolutely bonkers and finally got speed to the point he hit 35, I already knew about Oliver and so of course went to take the Silence and Nosferatu off him as he surrendered to Rafiel, Nephenee could literally stand surrounded and not give a fuck (Also nearly die again, jeez I'm bad, though she took out I think 10 guys while on 7 HP so that was wild), It was a longer map for sure but it had more going on even if the enemy reinforcements were a bit much near the end. I forgot the Maelstorm sadly, mainly because Heather was a Shove bot in the latter half of the map. Hetzel then shows up, shows he's happy to see Rafiel and warns everyone to stand back from the goddess. Rafiel is overwhelmed as apparently Hetzel saved him. Ike then talks to Tormod and Muarim, who tell Ike someone told them to go to the tower too. Ike tells him Yune's still grand so Ike leaves to talk to Rafiel, to explains Rafiel was bought by Hetzel above the other senators and was then helped by Hetzel (this illness also explains his flightlessness), who despite promising to return him to Serenes didn't stop the massacre (which was the Senators' fault, of course). After that Rafiel got taken to the desert (HOW?) and Nailah found him. Then they go on about balance and the chapter ends, whew.

Next chapter Almedha's still lost in thoughts (of her own though, see Fates didn't knock off of RD!) and Almedha apparently's able to hold off Tibarn (Jeez, Sothe really sucks then). Tibarn then explains how the goddess didn't want hybrids and so punishes them to be powerless and ostracised, only for Bastian to show up to prevent the literal 0 tension between Tibarn and Elincia from going anywhere. He asks them and Reyson to get away from camp, while also hitting on Lucia. Geoffrey is also back, as is Volke and a Bertram-looking motherfucker. Volke asks to be paid return the prisoner who apparently ran away. This of course prevents Bastian from telling his news and he also puts away the Bertram lad. Amy also came with (shame Callil is with Michiah) and Ranulf tries to help her stay calm, while the rest start debating if the stoning even had any criteria and if everyone just got lucky. The other convo finally confirms Janaff's a he (I thought that he was a tomboy or something in PoR) and that he and Ulki are below Reyson now. I pick up the Birdfoe and forge a silver axe and sword, also buster weapons but both got hit from the card sadly. Geoffrey then runs off to find the escapee, while not asking Elincia or Lucia, which it turns out was because he didn't want to bring them near Izuka (LET'S KILL THE FUCKER), the latter sentiment shared by Tibarn but not appreciated by Izuka. Volke is also in the corner (with Peshkatz. Why did Sothe have it in Heroes then?). I initially dropped Ranulf with all the other units I wanted to work with, sadly. Volke was recruited immediately, then it turned out Geoffrey got taken out by two tigers. I had to start over. Next time round he leveled and promoted in the same turn (Paragon for you). Tibarn is very broken honestly though, I mean he just tears opponents to shreds. So much that the map's nigh soloable by him alone. So I took advantage to end the map at turn 5 with Elincia backing him up because she can do damage too. He 1-rounded Izuka (who tried to get out with the "I'm not racist" card, fuck me Izuka you're actually bad at this.) and levelled Str and Spd, which is insane. Why doesn't he have a charm that inhibits enemy laguz a bit or something? They also all just die afterwards, proving Izuka's the worst of villains: one who couldn't follow through with his threat of monsters. Rest in noise you monster.

Reyson then sings a dirge to the dead laguz, but Jorge then runs in telling us Bertram is flipping out but it turns out it's Renning! How'd the son of a bitch survive Ike? And also how come he's been affected by the shit Izuka uses on laguz? Regardless Elincia's just happy to have family. But we learn Ashnard kidnapped him before PoR and that's when he was drugged. Bastian tried to save him, but the difficulty led to Volke being involved and them learning about Izuka, hence them capturing him. Reyson's then asked to save Renning as it's the easiest hope they have. Despite the Galdr needing more than one usually, he's confident he can do it and causes Renning to convulse like he's in the Exorcist but it works. Anyways, with that we're at the endgame. The parties reach the tower which is now just a beam of light appearance wise and Ike and Michiah's parties merge, after which they meet Tibarn's as well as Caineghis and Giffica (Finally, some decent fucking cats!). It also turns out Goldoa has now moved: Ashera got them on her side. Meanwhile Renning and Geoffrey go on a dick measuring contest, Stefan confirms Soren and someone who's around Elincia are branded, that that's why they've got powers and then he concludes the goddess was the one who made it taboo, which Yune says certainly wasn't her plan, Nasir once again betrays the guy who's above him and tells us Deghinsea was near going on a rampage if Ike hadn't killed Ashnard, Caineghis brought Urvan (AND IKE CAN USE IT YOOOOOO) and Volke gives us back the money Ike paid him in PoR (What was left of it.). 

Related to what's coming for sure, I have saved before I made my move on Izuka, so if I needed to grind more you can tell me off for not doing so and say that now, shouldn't bee too much of a slowdown. And yes, this means I've made it to the endgame! I am looking for advice, but I need to do it this week so I'm not going to be waiting long here. Can I move skills between maps, is there a lot of magic and what should I do with all the stat boosters (considering I have at least 2 of most)?

Anyways, the (debatedly) viable units:

Spoiler

Ike: Fixed, busted, he's in.

Michiah: Fixed, staff user, she's in.

Sothe: Fixed, thief, he's in I guess.

Sanaki: Fixed, she's got Cymbeline, she's in.

Ena: Fixed, Blood Tide, she's in

Kurthnaga: Fixed, Night Tide, he's in.

Leanne: She has 2 at all times. All times, I'm not a fan.

Reyson: He's limited untransformed, but thankfully the gems might solve my problems.

Rafiel: 4 at all times. I have boots and Celerity, I am more than able to make this work.

Naesala: He's certainly fast, but his strength isn't Tibarn's.

Tibarn: Tiarn's powerful alright, but it's worth asking if he might be too slow at points.

Nailah: A little worse sadly, but to say she'd be useless would be a lie.

Ranulf: The most nromal laguz who's not terribly underlevelled, I'd be certainly on board with ringing best cat.

Caineghis: NAAAAAAAAAAAAAA tsingoyama It's the king. should I go for him?

Giffca: Just worse sadly, he's no longer able to stay transformed so that's unfortunate.

Skrimir: Way below the other two, I'd say out usually. I might be wrong to do it though. He is underlevelled.

Haar: 37 Str. 32 Def. Haar's a monster.

Jill: She's near promotion, which might save her (she's capped Spd and Def, but is unpromoted)

Elincia: Amiti and staff utility. I want to pick her honestly.

Sigrun: Low Strength does compromise her, but she'd still be an option.

Tanith: Is better, but is higher level.

Astrid: Is not far off comparing to Oscar despite promoting in the Izuka map. I would use her, she's been able to get caught up.

Oscar: Man's a solid tank no more, but he's strong and fast.

Geoffrey: Little worse, but I'm okay with bringing him.

Titania: Is better than Renning all but defensively. Titania is back indeed.

Kieran: Slower than I'd care for, but I have what I have. He is tanky though.

Renning: These bases are the real shit.

Mist: Staves, mounts, still has stats too!

Soren: Highest magic, second highest speed, matches or beats Michiah in all but luck and she is actually good here.

Bastian: Has an SS rank, better staff ranks and slightly more physical bulk.

Ilyana: She's got pretty good bases, is the fastest and tankiest but could do with more magic.

Volke: Really nice offensive stats and he's got Lethality.

Gatrie: Despite being unpromoted, he's capped the relevant stats and could be relied on. Could use still. Tauroneo sadly has less defence.

Shinon: Seems strength screwed, but he's got the skills to back himself up.

Leonardo: Just lesser sadly, but he could be viable.

Boyd: Ya Boyd is a real trooper imo, I don't think I saw him being as good as he's gotten. Certainly one I'd pick out.

Nolan: Lesser (10 Str less, but promotion is a factor), but could turn out better too. His defence is also much poorer.

Nephenee: Neph Neph. I need no other words I hope. I mean, she's already capped Spd and Skl as a Sentinel, is an utter beast in combat and is a candidate for my MVP of the foray, but we'll see here.

Aran: He's also got a bunch of caps, the difference being his support partner's a no sell and he's possibly not an option late on thanks to worse res.

Stefan: A worthwhile option albeit his defensive stats might turn out to be an issue. Is the only Trueblade but Zihark and Lucia are real close.

Lucia: an outside bet due to weak strength (Mist is higher. Mist), nevertheless could be a choice.

Zihark: Probably the most viable one not named Stefan, he's pretty much ready to promote and would be a solid pick I think.

Edward: He's capped luck and strength but not speed. Should I say more?

Pairs I'd like to keep together, but no pressure:

Naesala/Leanne, Rafiel/Nailah, Geoffrey/Elincia, Ilyana/Zihark, Edward/Leonardo, Mist/Boyd, Ike/Soren, Michiah/Sothe, Oscar/Kieran, Sigrun/Tanith, 

I come here fresh from having seen the 120000 starship advance fleet of an empire invading a region whose combined forces of three nations could be ~50000 altogether. With the provincial starships unable to as much as scratch the paint on the imperial forces. Begnion has serious competition for being an overpowering big bad country. Although one pirate ship could destroy 15% of a fraction of that fleet and cripple its flagship in a single blow.

...Getting to the relevant topic:

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I am looking for advice, but I need to do it this week so I'm not going to be waiting long here. Can I move skills between maps, is there a lot of magic and what should I do with all the stat boosters (considering I have at least 2 of most)?

You can bring anyone to the Tower, but there are some characters who are a little better than others. I've bolded and underlined for making things stand out more readily. With regards to level, eh, I forget whats good, but I guess ~10 3rd tier works. You certainly don't need all 15-20s.

Looking over your character lineup:

• Rafiel or Reyson will do just fine, pick whomever you wish. 
  • Differences in their Spd caps makes Jill better than Haar in the later stages of the final battle, but it won't induce headaches or anything. The difference will just make things take slightly longer. The same is true of Oscar, Geoffrey, Renning, Titania, and KieranAstrid has a slightly higher Spd cap and it can make a difference. Aran and Nephenee is more of this situation.
  • Tanith or Sigrun will do fine like Nephenee.
  • Reaver hits that Spd threshold mentioned before, so Boyd and Nolan are good.
  • Bringing two Trueblades is wholly feasible and great.
  • Marksmen are nice because they have the needed Spd and that lovely 3 range.
  • Ilyana can have a field day with one of the stages, Soren can do similar, but not as memey. Elincia is a good pick too, with better Spd compensating for Ilyana's one advantage. Bring one of these three or Mist or Bastian, because you might want a second healer of course.
  • Gatrie is too slow, all the Marshalls are. But they still aren't getting doubled or anything, they just won't be doing the doubling for a few specific instances.
  • Nailah/Tibarn/Naesala/Caineghis/Giffca- They're the rulers of the Laguz, they got where they are because of gratuitous merit. Go ahead and use any of them if you like.
  • Volke, like the Laguz rulers, he comes prebuilt and ready for the final challenges that lay ahead.
  • Skrimir can be comparable to a Reaver, but not his uncle or Giffca.
  • Ranulf can be comparable to a Trueblade.

Note, if you're interested in knowing who has battle conversations in the Tower, Tibarn, Naesala, Caineghis, Nailah, Elincia, Haar, Sigrun, Tanith, Oliver, Astrid, and Jill all have something to say to at least one boss. So do all of the forced characters of course. But SF has all these inventoried if you want to read them later.

About moving around Skills, after the 2nd fight you can, and you can do so after the 3rd and 4th.

Throw the statboosters on whoever you want. Except for Speedwings, Caineghis, Stefan, and Volke might like those or BEXP Spd procs for utmost optimal performance.

And for magic, the Tower does have a very noticeable magic presence later on. Bring a Restore or two, and Physics (now buyable), and definitely bring the Fortify (hint, something you might see the first bad dude do, will show up again, but not so pain-free). Fortunately, you aren't looking at siege magic being the problem, nor anything like old FE3-5 Dulam/Hel spam.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Stefan confirms Soren and someone who's around Elincia are branded,

The implication is that little Amy girl. How else could she have survived? The rules of survival from Ashera's first judgement are:

1. Great strength- the thin excuse for the survival of most playables. Note, in the Japanese, when Yune said the dragons were gone from Goldoa, she excluded the elderly and the young- they were too weak and got petrified.
  2. Being in the building where Lehran's Medallion was stored when Yune was freed. This saved the convoy quartet.
  3. Being Branded.
  4. Being that mysterious person who was there when Ashera woke up and talked to her.

The judgement making the Tower of Guidance glow that you're trying to stop would fix the flaws of the first and eradicate everyone who survived it.

And to throw in a bonus factoid, it's never said in Japanese or English I think. But the artbooks say Rafiel and Nailah are married. Stefan explicitly says Laguz from different Tribes (as in Beasts with Birds) can't interbreed in a PoR support convo, but marriage doesn't need procreation, it just needs love.

AND I FORGOT! Ike must deal the final blow to the very final boss. No ifs, ands, or Silque/Tatiana/Genny's butts.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can bring anyone to the Tower, but there are some characters who are a little better than others. I've bolded and underlined for making things stand out more readily. With regards to level, eh, I forget whats good, but I guess ~10 3rd tier works. You certainly don't need all 15-20s.

Looking over your character lineup:

• Rafiel or Reyson will do just fine, pick whomever you wish. 
  • Differences in their Spd caps makes Jill better than Haar in the later stages of the final battle, but it won't induce headaches or anything. The difference will just make things take slightly longer. The same is true of Oscar, Geoffrey, Renning, Titania, and KieranAstrid has a slightly higher Spd cap and it can make a difference. Aran and Nephenee is more of this situation.
  • Tanith or Sigrun will do fine like Nephenee.
  • Reaver hits that Spd threshold mentioned before, so Boyd and Nolan are good.
  • Bringing two Trueblades is wholly feasible and great.
  • Marksmen are nice because they have the needed Spd and that lovely 3 range.
  • Ilyana can have a field day with one of the stages, Soren can do similar, but not as memey. Elincia is a good pick too, with better Spd compensating for Ilyana's one advantage. Bring one of these three or Mist or Bastian, because you might want a second healer of course.
  • Gatrie is too slow, all the Marshalls are. But they still aren't getting doubled or anything, they just won't be doing the doubling for a few specific instances.
  • Nailah/Tibarn/Naesala/Caineghis/Giffca- They're the rulers of the Laguz, they got where they are because of gratuitous merit. Go ahead and use any of them if you like.
  • Volke, like the Laguz rulers, he comes prebuilt and ready for the final challenges that lay ahead.
  • Skrimir can be comparable to a Reaver, but not his uncle or Giffca.
  • Ranulf can be comparable to a Trueblade.

I realised something: I was rounding down 37 units to 11.

That's pretty insane to me.

Also plenty of this army are 1. quite a bit less than level 20/20/10. 2. probably have enough bases to get away with it to some extent. Again though, I can still train up some of them (The Hawk army units: Tibarn, Elincia, Astrid, Geoffrey, Oscar, Kieran, Ranulf, Lucia, Edward, Leonardo and Aran are there).

About moving around Skills, after the 2nd fight you can, and you can do so after the 3rd and 4th.

Throw the statboosters on whoever you want. Except for Speedwings, Caineghis, Stefan, and Volke might like those or BEXP Spd procs for utmost optimal performance.

And for magic, the Tower does have a very noticeable magic presence later on. Bring a Restore or two, and Physics (now buyable), and definitely bring the Fortify (hint, something you might see the first bad dude do, will show up again, but not so pain-free). Fortunately, you aren't looking at siege magic being the problem, nor anything like old FE3-5 Dulam/Hel spam.

So yeah, make sure skills are sorted for the first two.

Is the Fortify hammerneable?

The implication is that little Amy girl. How else could she have survived? The rules of survival from Ashera's first judgement are:

1. Great strength- the thin excuse for the survival of most playables. Note, in the Japanese, when Yune said the dragons were gone from Goldoa, she excluded the elderly and the young- they were too weak and got petrified.
  2. Being in the building where Lehran's Medallion was stored when Yune was freed. This saved the convoy quartet.
  3. Being Branded.
  4. Being that mysterious person who was there when Ashera woke up and talked to her.

The judgement making the Tower of Guidance glow that you're trying to stop would fix the flaws of the first and eradicate everyone who survived it.

So wait, where does Amy come from? She's most likely adopted by Callil and Largo now, but she didn't appear in PoR.

The literal pillar of light has to be stopped. Imagine if there was a bad ending for this game.

And to throw in a bonus factoid, it's never said in Japanese or English I think. But the artbooks say Rafiel and Nailah are married. Stefan explicitly says Laguz from different Tribes (as in Beasts with Birds) can't interbreed in a PoR support convo, but marriage doesn't need procreation, it just needs love.

Long as they're happy, the crazy kids.

AND I FORGOT! Ike must deal the final blow to the very final boss. No ifs, ands, or Silque/Tatiana/Genny's butts.

*Sigh.

Ike really is Fire Emblem's Goku.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

I realised something: I was rounding down 37 units to 11.

That's pretty insane to me.

Also plenty of this army are 1. quite a bit less than level 20/20/10. 2. probably have enough bases to get away with it to some extent. Again though, I can still train up some of them (The Hawk army units: Tibarn, Elincia, Astrid, Geoffrey, Oscar, Kieran, Ranulf, Lucia, Edward, Leonardo and Aran are there).

If only Caineghis and Tibarn had waited until the others had arrived before clearing out the capital. That would have made for a grand clash involving a whole lot of your units.

It's not so small when you consider you're forced to bring six other characters, and the rest of Part 4 had split everyone into groups, increasing the total number you were using if not all at once. But for the game with the largest playable roster second only to FE12 (79), you currently have 68 units I believe (which is four more than Fates: Revelation), only having the ability to select 11 of them for the finale is a sorry thing.

There are reinforcements in the tower, not so much the first stage I recall, but if you play the second fight slowly, you can snack some there.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is the Fortify hammerneable?

Not quite sure of this myself. But I'd believe so.

Although I'm likely overestimating how much Fortify is needed, but this is the end, so might as well use it up if you've a whole lot of allies injured. And don't be afraid of popping Elixirs or Concoctions then.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

So wait, where does Amy come from? She's most likely adopted by Callil and Largo now, but she didn't appear in PoR.

She is adopted, but in what circumstances they found her are not said.

Being Branded, a pariah to Beorc and Laguz alike, if her parents were a Laguz and a Beorc, maybe the unstable relationship due to fear of being discriminated against forced them apart? Or, if Amy had purely Beorc parents who weren't Branded but one had at least one had one Branded ancestor, then maybe she was abandoned if they could tell she was Branded? Or maybe her being an orphan has nothing to do with being Branded and is the result of parental death by more ordinary things?

We just don't know. But she still somehow made it onto CYL in FEH.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

*Sigh.

Ike really is Fire Emblem's Goku.

He was born Super Saiyan Blue after all. Tellius is Shonen FE.

Go ahead and try using someone else, unlike Duma and his glowing eyeball, the game won't stop you from using others for the fatal strike. Instead, you'll be treated right afterwards to the sight of the boss regenerating all of their HP. And they'll just keep doing that every time their HP hits 0, whilst nudging you in the Ike direction.

But don't worry about a critical or skill proc ruining things for you. The boss has a skill that combines no-procs Nihil with no-crits Fortune, you'd intentionally have to mess up with someone else.

I do wish the game was like Awakening in this regard, the cinematic final blow is separate from the gameplay final blow. Chrom or Robin will deal the final cinematic, but only after the final gameplay, which Bride Nowi with a Log could do if you really wanted it to end like that.

Every other boss in the Tower is fair game for everyone.

If only Caineghis and Tibarn had waited until the others had arrived before clearing out the capital. That would have made for a grand clash involving a whole lot of your units.

It's not so small when you consider you're forced to bring six other characters, and the rest of Part 4 had split everyone into groups, increasing the total number you were using if not all at once. But for the game with the largest playable roster second only to FE12 (79), you currently have 68 units I believe (which is four more than Fates: Revelation), only having the ability to select 11 of them for the finale is a sorry thing.

There are reinforcements in the tower, not so much the first stage I recall, but if you play the second fight slowly, you can snack some there.

I wasn't counting those 6.

I kind of wish I could pick 2 or three more.

Not quite sure of this myself. But I'd believe so.

Although I'm likely overestimating how much Fortify is needed, but this is the end, so might as well use it up if you've a whole lot of allies injured. And don't be afraid of popping Elixirs or Concoctions then.

Of course not, goodbye Vulneraries.

It's never said. She is adopted, but in what circumstances they found her is not said.

Being Branded, a pariah to Beorc and Laguz alike, if her parents were a Laguz and a Beorc, maybe the unstable relationship due to fear of being discriminated against forced them apart? Or, if Amy had purely Beorc parents who weren't Branded but one had at least one had one Branded ancestor, then maybe she was abandoned if they could tell she was Branded? Or maybe her being an orphan has nothing to do with being Branded and is the result of parental death by more ordinary things?

We just don't know. But she still somehow made it onto CYL in FEH.

I mean, what if they couldn't tell?

There's no sign of a brand on her, so only Laguz and other branded could seemingly tell.

He was born Super Saiyan Blue after all. Tellius is Shonen FE.

Go ahead and try using someone else, unlike Duma and his glowing eyeball, the game won't stop you from using others for the fatal strike. Instead, you'll be treated right afterwards to the sight of the boss regenerating all of their HP. And they'll just keep doing that every time their HP hits 0, whilst nudging you in the Ike direction.

But don't worry about a critical or skill proc ruining things for you. The boss has a skill that combines no-procs Nihil with no-crits Fortune, you'd intentionally have to mess up with someone else.

I do wish the game was like Awakening in this regard, the cinematic final blow is separate from the gameplay final blow. Chrom or Robin will deal the final cinematic, but only after the final gameplay, which Bride Nowi with a Log could do if you really wanted it to end like that.

Every other boss in the Tower is fair game for everyone.

Still though, I might as well write up a Ted talk about it.

After a tough call (whittling down to 10 was terrible honestly, but I picked Nephenee, Soren, Ilyana, Zihark, Mist, Boyd and the laguz royals.), I proceeded to remove all the non-essential equipment and skills, bought all the arm scrolls and some pure water, forged up a storm (Dagger, Tomes, more silvers and throwing weapons) and bought more magic. Then a bell rings which concerns Yune. As it should because suddenly dead soldiers show up standing again. Which means Ashera now has Necromancy on her list of crimes. They fight, while Yune sits there overwhelmed by it and Ike then actually comforts her by pinching her (Michiah's) ears. Yune then tells Ike who to bring so we're stuck with Sanaki, the dragons, a heron, Sothe and the two of them. Michiah also promotes and we then go in.

First, we see Lekain and Hetzel with a fuckton of guards. Lakain dumbly kept the pact on him, tells us that he did indeed plan to kill Sanaki and blame it on the herons and then just stays around to die. So this becomes a massacre, Refiel was the perfect choice as I spend the first turns neutralising anything that could prevent a faster clear. Hell, it got so bad Lekain's one round of combat did nothing because Pavise procc'd. Lekain died, Kurthnaga got a perfect level as part of this, I was able to clear by Turn 6, life's good. Sothe takes the blood pact off probably the only piece of Lekain not turned into a bloody pulp, even getting a CG of Michiah ripping it and also confirming that my theory that there was one on Naesala was right by him taking the other pact lying there. Yune also says that Ashera did love people. Some love with all that necromancy Ashera. Also Ike's probably strength screwed considering he has 32 against 36 Spd.

Next chapter, apparently if the party didn't have a specific goal they'd not be able to climb the tower, Yune tells everyone that struggle's a good thing and Ike asks about balance having a god, where Yune shuts up. Next is the BK, supported by Levail and more soldiers. Ike charges to fight BK with a cutscene and all. Zelgius takes off his helmet and I notice the map model and portrait have different coloured scarves. Tibarn also wants his revenge, but Zelgius tells him to stand back and that he really needs to prove he was better than Gawain (Sheesh Vegeta (appropriate rival))  and Tibarn leaves. BK activates a magic barrier and utters half of his Heroes special quotes at Ike. I focus on getting the Wishblade, which when Tibarn 1-rounds Levail confirms to me that maybe I shouldn't have brought the royals because they kind of tear things to shreds. Nephenee also sat in the bunch of cover tiles and destroyed enemies. I also learned Zihark dabs while using Astra. For the BK fight, Ike also is just OP with a hammer, BK was doomed when I started using it and got left in KO range with Ragnell. Which I ignored to use Urvan (#HOLYGREIL). Zelgius respects the disrespect of the weapon triangle, while Ike admits the thrill of fighting BK again got him pumped, Hell he calls Zelgius his last teacher, while Zelgius says he'll wait for phiran (It's clearly Sephiran, why bury the lead?) in the afterlife and he dies. Ike mourning BK feels really weird honestly, but as he leaves then Alondie and Ragnell glow, which suggests that it wants to be picked up (Strange swords and all that) so Ike does. Zelgius then starts glowing, leading to a flashback where he talked to someone about his being branded and asking to remove it because it caused him much misery, which he gets no answer for and also confirming that he ages slowly because of being branded. It's confirmed that it's during his time in Daein and that the other guy asks him to join with his plan. That's got to be Sephiran then, which is not confirmed due to the scene ending. Yune mourns his loneliness and I get Alondite (MIST IS NOW OP).

Moving on, Yune asks for a story from everyone, but then starts telling a story about the beginning where a girl showed up and created everything but still felt lonely. Until the creatures she created evolved into the Zunanma, the great ancestor. Regardless of twisted history in the present, they worshipped the girl as Goddess of Dawn, but still fought each other. Then she named them differently (big mistake), which made things worse, which led to the great flood that destroyed all but Tellius (fitting that she came from the water and drowned everything in it) and everyone thought it was a punishment hence the whole "Don't do a big old war". Then Yune reaches the top of the stairs and confirms Dheginsea is behind the door. Hell, Kurth kneels on stairs it's that concerning. So much so Yune blesses everyone's weapons. Hell, Yune confirms Ashera stopped Yune by blessing Soan, Altina's swords and Dheginsea back then. Meanwhile Ike suspects Sephiran, Michiah confirms she's Sothe's mommy (once again, Sothe probably should be screaming right now) and Ike confirms yet again he's not a racist (no but here). The game forces Ragnell on Ike and I bless all the legendary weapons, then we get to see Dheginsea waiting. He assumes we're here to fight (I'd rather not), has confirmed that he's given up on the world and doesn't listen to Michiah, transforming into his giant form (ono.), so powerful we can actually see his total HP despite it being in triple digits. I will say this: This fight is something else. It tries to get you looking at terrain and using it to your advantage. It forced me to reset because I needed to better figure out how to kill Dheginsea. Finally, one where it wasn't because anyone died! Sothe with Dragonfoe was a brilliant call thanks to both Peshkatz and the forged knife he had too. That being said, I save abused his fight because 1. I ain't got time for Dheginsea's BS and 2. Because I had two more maps to do today. Sorry, but a more legit battle will have to wait. Also Ike getting a turn because he hadn't the strength to so more than tink anyway. So Ilyana once again takes the glory because she was the eaiset to finish on. It didn't require a reset during the fight, but I'll be honest about this because again, 5 maps. I had to get on with it. Dheginsea finally dies, but not before Kurth runs to him, Yune tells him about blessing their weapons, Yune scolds him for not fighting against Ashera, he tells us that he's the reason Yune was considered evil and he bids farewell to the other dragons and Dheginsea waits behind. We get a flashback where he tells someone that Goldoa will not intervene elsewhere (well you ignored that) and the other voice tells him that they should do something about the enslaving of Begnion. He says they won't move (terribly) and the other person goes away, done with listening to a stubborn dragon. Yune notes that it's another memory (though whose?) and Kurthnaga is not the dragon king.

The party now finds the final doorway to Ashera, Yune tells everyone Ashera likely won't listen to reason, which Ike just rolls with. Yune being chill is also explained by all the heron singing while Ashera was locking herself away and Sephiran shows up, telling them the way is shut, they cannot get in. Sephiran confirms that Sanaki not being the apostle doesn't ruin her in is eyes, that BK was sent by him as a spy, the medallion plan was his (Gawain died because BK wanted to) and he did so to kill everyone. He turns out to be a nihilist and just someone who was sick of everyone's shit. Ike is on board with an execution, but Yune confirms it's Sephiran's memories and that he's Lehran..... I'm sorry, WHAT? He then runs off, summoning spirits to help him out. It's like the dragon map, but less fun to figure out how to break through and too orderly. I'm being a bit harsh though, eve if it was as simple as getting Boyd to double if I got Nasir nearby, which did much of the work on Sephiran. Nephenee finished because it was an accessible option. I did make sure I got exp, so it took one more turn than Dheginsea's map. Then it turned out Nephenee got fucked over and Sephiran teleported away after being guarded by one of the spirits next to him (DICK!) but his doing so condemned him to death because he was now using the rewarp. 😛 So Michiah finished him, because Kurthnaga was 1 damage off. Sephiran says that he probably should have gone looking for Michiah, but brushes it off as he gets beaten by Rexaura. Turns out he really did want to die all along, hence the whole reason he locked the door. Yune also apologises to Sephiran and he gives his def boosting gem to Sanaki. With that he goes to Zelgius (GAYYYYYY) and we finally go to see the Wizard Goddess, with Yune almost saying Sephiroth before saying Lehran as she leaves him behind.

And with that the final map's here. We get a long cutscene with Lehran telling Ashera to merge with Yune again to save the world but Ashera rejects it and insists on destroying Yune and damm the consequences. After more convincing, Ashera agrees to the thousand year plan and discusses the details (including saying Ashunera was their combined names) and of course Sephiran agrees this plan for all the clans. She also allowed him to awaken the goddess for the herons. She also said she'd be impartial about the judgement (I mean.... was she not?). Ashera tells Yune that the world's still screwed because it has fleshlings and of course despite it being outside the scope of the contract, she's on board with destroying the world. Yune counters by saying those who did survive the stoning have risen above everyone else, that evolution of the Zunanma has led to the improved peoples who stand before her and also mentions the branded to Ashera. Ashera rejects this being any positive sign and that the creatures of the world needed evolution (One of those nutters I see) and that it's even worse that they do so. Yune then does that one meme from Ragnarok when Ashera says they can't destroy one another. Ike then does the "mankind is't perfect but" speech, asking that Ashera give one last shot at peace. Hell, when she rejects Ike then asks her to make peace with whatever gods worship (PFFT) and the final fight begins after I distribute the BExp, statboosters and some skills. It took a while. Then I saw the tan tucking fastic aura that Ashera used to guard herself and I kind of messed up the first turn. I did mange to break it eventually and Ashera while powerful does gown pretty quick, really it's the Aura that took so long (I'd rework it so it has more HP but is less divided up so you're not whittling 720 HP before Ashera. Ike then activates a cutscene where Yune blesses Ike with the rest of her power so he can deal the final blow (He even jumps into the hit). Then the energy from the sword comes out as a lost child after Ashera faded. Yune decides to go away, deciding they failed their work. Ike once again gives the spiel to to make her change her mind and I have to say, Greg Chun would help this a lot. Yune fades, flying away as the bird to probably stop the stoning. Which she does next scene like she's Mr Sandman or something. The fighting also stops despite the generics having just tried to kill each other last time they moved around.  Then we get a CG montage of everything being undone and Yune flying into the sun.

Everyone starts splitting off with Michiah made queen of Daein (And somehow it feels like BB's character endings) and the Dawn Brigade going back to peaceful times. No paired endings it seems (So no fixing Makalov/Astrid). Jill got Talrega (Huh. Neat.), we get jokes in the endings (Ugh), Ike wants to fight Caineghis (See, he is Goku). Sanaki confirms Michiah's her sister (How did she survive?) (as the descendant of Lehran and Altina (OKAY, WHAT?), being Misaha's granddaughter. Sanaki ends up getting Begnion as Michiah has enough to do in Daein. The birds all move to Serenes, but meat's an ongoing issue. Volke gets grouped between them and the dragons. Ena was confirmed to be pregnant for many years, giving birth after the war. Ike goes with Elincia, Lucia's confirmed to be Elincia's lover, Makalov was never fired, Astrid got renowned (The game apologises?), Heather goes homes and becomes a family (wo)man, Titania doesn't get a scene (BOO), Gatrie died alone, Oscar joined the Royal Knights (Now I want a Tellius Sequel with him and Keiran as Jeigans), Mist/Boyd gets confirmed (And the ending text screws her over), Soren went off with Ike, who left the continent. And that's the end. Bit underwhelming to just fade to credits, but could be worse. Afterwords, we get an afterword of Ike the legend. The the records, which move faster (Finally), including Endgame being around 15 turns total (the total was 504 (So close!). As for highest kills, quite a few had less than 25, but the highest ranked were Leonardo in 5th, Ike in 4th (85), Ilyana third (93), Boyd second (101) and Nephenee first (135), proving once again Neph Neph is the real MVP. Not being able to speed up the text sucked the whole way.

So, I think I have a lot to say, but it's late so I'll just pull a bit together here. Tellius to me has a couple of surprising flaws (Like, I can't think of a single villain who doesn't have some weight around their neck that limited their character) alongside a player cast who I liked in PoR and I wished I got to know more of in RD, gameplay that with some tweaking could be a lot better (hell, the latter end of Rebirth certainly shows some serious thought), much works gameplay wise (fix ledges, bring back BExp and make those ballista move dammit!), the level design varies from some nice tight work to whatever the hell the bridge maps were at their worst, a story that has decent points, some good character drama and it's all undercut by Tellius and especially Begnion politics and sadly despite all its positives I think it's a bit daunting to play through. I so think a bunch of this cast is useable thankfully, but it's really unclear who is useable when and that's a big part of that problem. I'm still a bit down on the visuals and music, though RD is much better than PoR thankfully. I've heard a lot about Kaga's notes that were used in Tellius that also share too many similarities with Berwick saga to ignore (See: Sanacia), so that sounds like a wild ride to read. The Branded still confuse me, mainly why they're taboo and whether Michiah really is only a few daces or centuries older than Sanaki. Is there much else on the Zunanma? I'm also going to look at the 2nd playthrough material, mainly because I don't have time for a second playthrough (If I can't find it, help would be appreciated).

And of course I have to finish by saying thanks. Everyone on the thread, thanks for the comments and yuks along the long way. But I have to say  the biggest thanks of all to @Interdimensional Observer, whose continuous advice was much appreciated throughout. This is it, I finally finished RD! YAY!

(And as an unrelated tangent, for some reason on the 3DS eShop, FE is referred to in the info for a segment they're pushing the games in as Fire Emblem Saga. Does this mean the return of Kaga?)

Congrats on finishing RD!

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm also going to look at the 2nd playthrough material, mainly because I don't have time for a second playthrough (If I can't find it, help would be appreciated).

On a second playthrough:

1. Pelleas can be spared! A third option is added when he offers to die- "Refuse his command". Everything related to him living I've complied here for you:

Spoiler

“Refuse his command” is chosen (2nd playthrough only)

Micaiah:
“I…I’m sorry. I can’t do this…”

Pelleas:
“I see… That is all right, Micaiah. I know it’s a terrible thing to ask. …General Tauroneo. It is your duty.”

Tauroneo:
“Your Majesty… Is this necessary?”

Pelleas:
“This is your king’s order, General. You must obey.”

(Pelleas hands Tauroneo a dagger)

Tauroneo:
“Such will, at so young an age! …As you wish, Your Majesty.”

Pelleas:
“General Tauroneo. Please look after the people of Daein.”

Tauroneo:
“Yes…Your Majesty…”

Pelleas:
“Sothe. I’m sorry for all that I put you and Micaiah through, including this. Please forgive me.”

Sothe:
“Don’t worry about that now, Pelleas.”

Pelleas:
“Micaiah. Please give this ring to my mother. Tell her that I loved her dearly.”

Micaiah:
“…I will, Your Majesty.”

Pelleas:
“Good-bye, my friends.”

(Tauroneo is about to stab Pelleas)

Micaiah:
“NO! This is wrong! We can’t give up, Your Majesty!”

(Micaiah runs between Tauroneo and Pelleas)

Tauroneo:
“Eh?”

Pelleas:
“Micaiah?!”

(Micaiah falls to the floor, Sothe picks her up)

Tauroneo:
“Lady Micaiah…”

Pelleas:
“What did you do?!”

Micaiah:
“I…I’m all right. I…”

Pelleas:
“Fetch a healer! Now!”

Micaiah:
“No, I’m fine, really. I’m just confused… Is the goddess telling me that I’m not worthy to become a martyr for Daein?”

Pelleas:
“Or maybe she is saying that you’re just too important to lose…”

Pelleas:
“But this is my fault! It was all because I signed that blood pact! I can only amend my mistake by giving my life!”

Micaiah:
“You must stop running, Your Majesty.”

Pelleas:
“Wha–!”

Micaiah:
“But what if your information is incorrect, Your Majesty? I couldn’t live with myself if I’d let you give up your life in vain. There MUST be another way! We’ll look for it together. There is… I… I can see…”

Sothe:
“Micaiah! Hey, Micaiah! Wake up!”

Tauroneo:
“I will call a healer right away!”

(Tauroneo leaves, Pelleas collapses on the floor)

Pelleas:
“Micaiah… Thank you…”

Pelleas survives and Almedha's later reveal of Ashnard using a Blood Pact to kill his father is adjusted to account for Pelleas's survival.

He then appears in 3-F on Daein's side with the following special boss convos:

Zihark talks to Pelleas

Zihark: King Pelleas. Would you please listen to what I have to say?
Pelleas: Zihark. What is there to talk about? You’ve deserted your country and your people.
Zihark: I just don’t understand. I thought I knew you. You are a good, kind man. Why do you continue to fight for those bloodsucking senators?
Pelleas: I don’t want to talk about it.
Zihark: Your Majesty…
Pelleas: It doesn’t concern you anymore. You’ve abandoned Daein–and us. If you want to stop us, use your sword–not words.
Zihark: My sword and my allegiance do lie elsewhere now, it’s true. But I am not without honor. I will not draw my sword against the man I call my king, no matter what.
Pelleas: …I’m sorry, Zihark. At least you’ll be spared from the curse of the pact.

Jill talks to Pelleas

Jill: King Pelleas! Please wait. I must talk to you.
Pelleas: Jill. I’m afraid I have nothing to say to you. You abandoned your own country.
Jill: No, I… Yes, I suppose that’s true. I just couldn’t understand why we would bow to the empire, after fighting so hard to free ourselves from their grasp! Why are you fighting an army that isn’t even an enemy of Daein?
Pelleas: You don’t need to understand.
Jill: King Pelleas…
Pelleas: Jill, you do what you think is best for you. Go your own way. But don’t return to Daein. Ever.
Jill: But I can’t do that! In the end, I am a native of Daein. This is where the body of my father lies. This is my home. My only home…
Pelleas: …I’m sorry, Jill. But there’s no need for you to fall prey to the curse as well.

Ike vs Pelleas

Ike: You’re King Pelleas? The son of Mad King Ashnard? I expected you to be…bigger.
Pelleas: You are the hero of Crimea, General Ike. You killed my father…
Ike: It was nothing personal. Your father had to be put down. Wait, are you shaking?
Pelleas: I’ve never killed anyone before… I’ve never even stood on a battlefield before today.
Ike: Then why did you come here? Do you want to die?
Pelleas: I do, but it won’t change anything… I promised Micaiah that I wouldn’t run from my destiny. General Ike, you may be able to take me down easily, but I will not run!
Ike: Just what Daein needs…another mad king. Let’s see if you’re as tough as your father.

Soren vs Pelleas

Soren: The new king of Daein, Pelleas. How convenient. I can end this farce right now. Surrender or die.
Pelleas: Who are you? That mark on your forehead… Is it a mark of Spirit Protection?
Soren: No. It’s something rather different.
Pelleas: But that shape… It looks so much like mine!
Soren: Is that so? You might still more powerful than you let on. Still, I doubt this changes anything. Prepare yourself, Pelleas.
Pelleas: But wait! There’s so much I want to ask you!

Ilyana vs Pelleas

Pelleas: Ilyana… I’m sorry. If I were a better king, this wouldn’t have happened. I’m sorry…
Ilyana: Your Majesty, I don’t know what’s happened. All I know is that my friends are hurting each other. If that means I have to stop you to save them, then I’m going to try. I’m sorry…

Zihark vs Pelleas

Pelleas: Zihark… I only ever wanted to help our people. I’m sorry it came to this.
Zihark: So am I, Your Majesty. I don’t understand any of this, but I do know that it has to stop.

(Pelleas will attack, but Zihark will not)

Jill vs Pelleas

Pelleas: Jill, you told me once that you wished for me to become a good king for our people. I tried so hard… But I couldn’t fulfil your wish. I’m so sorry.
Jill: It’s all right, Your Majesty. I’d wrongly assumed that you had turned into a tyrant. Please forgive my desertion.

(Pelleas will attack, but Jill will not)

During Part 4, Pelleas tags along with his mother in the Hawk Army. From the chapter's start:

Almedha:
“Pelleas, dear, how are you feeling?”

Pelleas:
“Mother, I’m fine. Please stop asking after my health.”

Almedha:
“But you’re so pale, darling. You were always such a sickly little boy… You should rest a while. We can’t have you exhausting yourself.”

Pelleas:
“No, Mother… If we stop walking now, we would slow the others.”

Almedha:
“Never mind them, sweetheart, they can wait. You should take a nice rest under that tree. Son, remember that you are a scion of both Daein’s and Goldoa’s royal families! You are more important than any of these peasants! The others can certainly wait for you; don’t spare a single thought for them.”

Pelleas:
“L-let go of me! Leave me alone!”

Pelleas:
“Haah!”

Pelleas:
“Mother!”

Almedha:
“Pelleas…”

Pelleas:
“I’m sorry, Mother. I…”

Almedha:
“Pelleas, wait! Pelleas!”

Almedha talking to Elincia after the chapter ends is altered to read as Almedha being sad Pelleas now rejects her.

Pelleas then joins at the start of turn 2 of 4-2 as a Dark Sage, able to use Thunder and, *drumroll* Dark Magic!

After the 1st turn

Pelleas:
“I’m sorry to be late! What unit would you like me to support?”

Tibarn:
“Oh, King Pelleas. You shouldn’t…endanger yourself. Besides, I don’t think we’ll have too much trouble with these guys.”

Pelleas:
“I appreciate your concern, but as the king of Daein, I fight for the people of all free countries. It is my duty.”

Tibarn:
“Wait, where is your mother?”

Pelleas:
“W-well…”

Tibarn:
“Listen, I don’t know what she’s been telling you, but don’t throw your life away. I appreciate that you want to help, but this battle is beyond you. Try to stay out of the way.”

Pelleas:
“…Y-yes, sir.”

He has a boss convo with Valtome, but it isn't remarkable.

4-5 gains a base convo between Pelleas and Tauroneo:

Pelleas (***)

(Pelleas is alive)

Pelleas: Sigh.
Tauroneo: There you are, Your Majesty.
Pelleas: …General Tauroneo.
Tauroneo: Is something wrong?
Pelleas: Take a look at this.
Tauroneo: The mark of the blood pact… It has faded quite a bit, hasn’t it?
Pelleas: What do you think this means?
Tauroneo: Hmm… I do not know. I must think on it.
Pelleas: Yes, we’ll both have to. The lives of Daein’s people depend on it.
Tauroneo: Do you believe that people can be saved from the state they are in?
Pelleas: Of course I do. To be honest, I’m a little bit thankful for the situation right now. Daein was headed for destruction because of what I’d done. But what the goddess did has changed the course of things. I can’t fail this time. I have to save everyone.
Tauroneo: Ah, I see. I shall do everything I can to assist.
Pelleas: Thank you.
Tauroneo: Your Majesty, this is for you.
Pelleas: It’s a dark tome! Thank you, General Tauroneo. Dark tomes are harder to come by than tomes of other elements. How did you find it?
Tauroneo: I did not find it. Your gratitude belongs to someone else.
Pelleas: What do you mean?
Tauroneo: Lady Almedha looked for it at every village and town we stopped in. She gave it to me out of concern that you might not take it from her.
Pelleas: I see.
Tauroneo: Your Majesty. If you’ll excuse me.
Pelleas: Mother…

(Obtained Fenrir)

And Pelleas gets a boss convo with Izuka:

And a boss convo with Lekain:

(Pelleas vs Lekain)

Pelleas:
“Vi-Vice-Minister Lekain…”

Lekain:
“Hm? Ahhh, still alive, are we? I suppose that I can still find a use for you… I know! Go and attack the enemy general.”

Pelleas:
“Um…”

Lekain:
“Why are you not obeying, fool? That look on your face… Don’t tell me that you’ve forgotten about the blood pact already?”

Pelleas:
“Your empty threats no longer intimidate me. The citizens of Daein have all turned into statues. Besides, I don’t understand why, but the proof of the blood pact on my arm has began to fade. This can only mean the blood pact is starting to lose its power. Lord Lekain… pray tell, is it because you died once before?”

Lekain:
“Tah ha ha… It seems I couldn’t hide the truth from you. However, even if the mark has faded, is it not true that the blood pact still exists? If you dare to oppose me, Daein citizens trespassing on my fair homeland may die. Are you truly willing to take the risk?”

Pelleas:
“Yes, I am actually.”

Lekain:
“Whaaat?! Did I hear you correctly?!”

Pelleas:
“I said I will take that risk. The companions who fight alongside me all survived the light of judgement; this is proof that they are the strongest of men. So if somebody really will die, then that somebody can only be the weakest link, me. So there’s nothing for me to fear!”

Lekain:
“Grr… D-don’t act all proud of yourself! If it’s death you seek, then death you shall have!”

That is the Japanese version of it. The English take is shorter, and leaves out the "Lekain died once before" part, referring to the petrification.

And another with Sephiran:

Pelleas vs Sephiran

Sephiran: King Pelleas, correct? Aren’t you brave, coming all this way!
Pelleas: If you’re the one who’s been pulling the strings behind all this, please tell me… Who… Who am I?
Sephiran: …I don’t know. All I know is that you are a powerful practitioner of magic… I know that you were an orphan born and raised in Daein. But that is all Izuka ever told me.
Pelleas: So… I’m not Ashnard’s true son?
Sephiran: No, you’re not. Ashnard’s son is of dragon tribe blood and is thus Branded.
Pelleas: I think I’m going to be ill…
Sephiran: Be assured that you were essential to Daein’s reconstruction, which was a vital step toward waking the goddess. Fortunately, Izuka was able to use you to execute my plan.
Pelleas: You are going to pay! You are going to…BLAAARRRGH!

In the ending:

Pelleas’ leave

(Appears if Pelleas survived)

Pelleas:
“I’m sorry.”

Almedha:
“But that’s… I don’t believe you! Because, see, my dear, you have the mark! Wait. Don’t you have a mark?”

Pelleas:
“No, Mother. Lady Almehda, is that the reason you thought me to be your son?”

Almedha:
“I…”

Pelleas:
“And that is the reason why Izuka chose me out of all the children at that orphanage.”

Almedha:
“Stop! This is impossible! You are my son. I am your mother, and I say so!”

Pelleas:
“Lady Almedha, your only memories of your son were of him as a baby. You yourself said so. In other words, he already had a mark, even as a child.”

Almedha:
“Yes, that’s so. What of it?”

Pelleas:
“This mark–my mark, here–is called the ‘Spirits’ Protection.’ When I was thirteen, I chose to make a pact with the spirits.”

Almedha:
“What?!”

Pelleas:
“When I learned that you were one of the dragon clan, I began to doubt. And slowly my doubt turned to certainty. I’m sorry, Lady Almedha. I’m sorry that, though it was never my intent, I ended up deceiving you. I’m sorry, but I am not your son.”

Almedha:
“P-Pelleas…”

Pelleas:
“But still… I was happy. It was fleeting, but… I knew the feeling of a mother’s love. You have my thanks.”

Almedha:
“I… Ah…sniff…”

Spirit-Charming Sage – Pelleas

After revealing his lack of royal blood, Pelleas gave up the throne [to Micaiah] but served at court, learning to speak easily to all.

Later in the ending:

(Appears if certain criteria were fulfilled – for more information, please check the very bottom of the FAQ page)

Almedha:
“You are Ike, of the Greil Mercenaries?”

Ike:
“And you’re the dowager Queen of Daein. I’ve heard some of what you’ve gone through. I’m glad you’re safe.”

Almedha:
“Ah, indeed.”

Ike:
“In light of that…Can I do anything for you?”

Almedha:
“I think not. I think I have seen enough.”

Ike:
“As you wish. Well then, Lady Almedha, Prince Kurthnaga. Take care of yourselves.”

Kurthnaga:
“Yes. And you as well. I know we shall meet again.”

(Ike leaves)

Kurthnaga:
“Are you satisfied, my sister? You wished so strongly to meet with General Ike.”

Almedha:
“I only did so because Pelleas said…He said that it would be wise if I were to meet with him.”

Kurthnaga:
“Did he say why?”

Almedha:
“That child,” he said. It was the last gift he gave to me. He wouldn’t say anything more.

Kurthnaga:
“A gift? By meeting General Ike?”

Almedha:
“What about that beorc could possibly be…wait… Ah! Wait! Wait, stop a moment!”

Kurthnaga:
“Sister!”

Soren:
“Yes? You needed something?”

Almedha:
“You are…What is your name?”

Soren:
“Soren.”

Almedha:
“I-I see. That…that is a fine name.”

Soren:
“Thank you…?”

Almedha:
“You’re welcome.”

Soren:
“Is that all?”

Almedha:
“Ah, yes, yes. Pardon me, calling out to you like that… I was confused.”

Soren:
“Don’t let it trouble you. If you’ll excuse me.”

(Soren leaves)

Almedha:
“I don’t believe it.”

Kurthnaga:
“That boy is the staff officer for the Greil Mercenaries. What made you call out to him like that?”

Almedha:
“I…”

Kurthnaga:
“Sister?”

Almedha:
“Because I have lost the power of my birthright, I thought… Maybe I wouldn’t be able to…That I might not be able to recognize my own child. But when her own true son stands before her, no mother could fail to know. Oh, my son, you’ve lived and grown strong.”

Kurthnaga:
“You can’t mean…Soren is your son?”

Surprised? Ashnard's son didn't inherit his blue hair, he inherited his mother's dark green. I don't believe Soren ever learns the truth, not that he'd want the Daein throne.

2. A special 4-F-5 Base Conversation is unlocked between Ike and Soren if they an A Support:

Spoiler

Soren: Ike… Um… Were you joking when you said you couldn’t remember how we met?
Ike: Well, sorta. It was a long time ago.
Soren: How could you forget?
Ike: Relax, Soren. I got to thinking, and I remembered. I remember what happened in Gallia on the day we first met.
Soren: Ike…
Ike: Mother had gone shopping with Mist that day. I was wandering around the village all alone. I walked to the edge of the forest, looking for a stick I could pretend was a sword. There was a raven-haired boy lying on the ground.
Soren: I remember the huge oak tree by the clearing… I’d been sleeping in the hollow by the roots.
Ike: He looked like he was my age. He was as skinny as a twig, wearing rags and covered in dirt. He looked like he was near death. I took out my lunch and I handed it to him. He made a noise like a scared animal and shied away. He was suspicious of me at first, but eventually he took my sandwich and started to eat. It was like he’d never eaten before in his life. I didn’t have anything else to feed him, so I told him to come to my house. But he kept shaking his head no.
Soren: I was afraid you were going to trick me. Afraid that you were going to chase me away after taunting me with food, just for a laugh…
Ike: I told the boy that I’d bring him some food the next day at the same time and place. He finally nodded when I said that. It made me happy. I felt like I was doing something right, helping this boy. Like I was the only one who’d do that.
Soren: …I was happy, too. Not just because I wasn’t hungry anymore. Because someone finally would talk to me. So I went back to the village again the next day. I was scared of the other villagers and their rocks and sticks, but I still went back.
Ike: That’s right. That was Gallia back then. The beorc abused and tormented the Branded because the laguz shunned them. They wanted to avoid upsetting the laguz.
Soren: The villagers threw stones at me, called me an animal and a devil. But on the next day, the village was littered with corpses. Soldiers and peasants were in a panic.
Ike: It was my dad. He went crazy when the spirit of chaos in the medallion touched him.
Soren: I walked through the empty streets, checking bodies to see if you were dead. But I couldn’t find you. I decided that you had to be alive. I took money and food from the village and headed for Crimea, a land of beorcs.
Ike: Soren…
Soren: On my way to Crimea, I kept seeing laguz from the beast tribe. They were terrifying, but after a while I realized something. They never attacked me. They all seemed to notice something about me, and then pretend they couldn’t see me. That look was burned into my mind, and it was always the same. They’d scowl, then walk away like they’d never noticed me. In a way, that left me feeling colder and more alone than if they’d attacked me. Hate… That I could understand. This was denial. They made me feel like I wasn’t supposed to exist at all. That my simply being alive was an affront to the world. That was how the beasts treated me. And I hated them for it. It sat in my heart like a lead bar. Like a glacier.
Ike: …
Soren: When I reached Crimea, I took refuge in a church along the way. They took my brand to be a sign that I had been trained in the arcane arts. They took good care of me, and taught me things. Once I had learned to speak and behave like other people, I wandered Crimea for several years. Then I finally found you.
Ike: But I’d…
Soren: Yes. You’d forgotten that day in Gallia. But I didn’t care. My only wish was to see you again. I just wanted to see the only boy who had held out a warm hand when I had nothing.
Ike: Soren… Don’t cry.
Soren: Don’t cry? What? I’m not crying…
Ike: Soren, you’re smart, but you’re no good when it comes to your emotions. Come over here.
Soren: D-don’t treat me like I’m a child! I’m not that–
Ike: Come on.
Soren: Shut up! Shut up…
Ike: Then I’ll come over to you.
Ike: It’s all in the past, Soren…
Soren: …Sniff… Sniff… Gwuh… Wahhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhh!

3. Sephiran/Lehran can live! Doing so requires fielding the Black Knight in 1-F, and then having Ike fight (not win or anything) against the Black Knight once in 3-7. Doing so unlocks this scene (from about 1:30 to 6:20 of the video) after 4-F-2. Easier to show than tell.

That alters dialogue a little when Ike confronts Sephiran, and the battle conversation between the two:

Spoiler

Ike vs Sephiran (viewed Ike’s memory scene)

Ike: I have to ask, Sephiran. What are you after? What’s this all about?
Sephiran: Why do you wish to know? You would achieve nothing by learning my reasons. You would help no one. I lost faith in lesser beings, and desire an end to them. That’s all.
Ike: So why did you save me on that day?
Sephiran: May I ask you a favor, Ike? Tell me how you feel about it now. Can you bear recalling those horrific memories?
Ike: Yes… I’m fine, now. But I suppose at the time I wouldn’t have been able to take it.
Sephiran: All beings endure tragedies for as long as they continue to live. It has always been the case that suffering is unavoidable. And this grim reality plays out over and over, in every country, under every ruler… As long as there are beings who feel, they will feel pain.
Ike: So what? We should all just give in and die? Put it behind you. Deal with it.
Sephiran: Do not make light of this…
Ike: I’m not. Sephiran, I’m extremely grateful that you once helped me through a terrible time. But we have to accept that occasionally we all have to deal with hard times. I’ve had pain, I’ve had suffering, and I have gotten up and moved on. I don’t try to forget what happened that day. I just accept it… And neither that or anything else will ever stop me.
Sephiran: You are a strong man, Ike, son of Gawain. But not everyone is as strong as you…

After the battle, this then happens:

If Ike’s Memory Scene in Part 4 Final Chapter-2 was seen)

Sanaki:
“Sephiran… Don’t worry. We still have all the time we spent together… Nobody can take that away. Nobody.”

Sephiran:
“Thank you… My Lady Sanaki… I’ll…be leaving you now. Zel…gius…is waiting. …Al…ti…na…”

Sanaki:
“Sephiran! No… Noooooooo!”

Yune:
“Now! Please, Micaiah!”

Micaiah:
“Don’t die… You can’t die…”

Sanaki:
“…He’s…breathing? Sephiran is breathing!”

Micaiah:
“Ahh… Just in time.”

Sanaki:
“You saved him! Thank you! Micaiah, thank you!”

Yune:
“Micaiah is completely spent. She’s sorry, but she won’t be able to fight in the next battle. But there’s no time. Hurry!”

Sanaki:
“Goddess Yune. Is there something you haven’t told us about you and Sephiran?”

Yune:
“He saved my life.”

Sanaki:
“Y-your life? Sephiran saved the life of a goddess? Is there something you haven’t told us about Sephiran, then?”

Yune:
“He’ll wake up in just a moment. Then you can ask him directly.”

Sanaki:
“Oh. All right, I’ll do that”

Ike:
“Why did you save him?”

Yune:
“Should I not have?”

Ike:
“I can think of a few reasons why you shouldn’t have, yes!”

(Ike moves towards Sephiran)

Ike:
“Hey! Get up. Now.”

Yune:
“Take it easy on him! He’s had a hard day!”

Sephiran:
“…ung… …hhhuuunnn…. I… I’m alive?”

Yune:
“Lehran!”

Sephiran:
“Goddess Yune… Why? Why did you–“

Yune:
“Because I want you to live! You’ve always taken care of me, and I couldn’t bear it if it ended like this.”

Sephiran:
“But…I’ve lost all my hope. All hope in the world and the people in it… I did what I did…for future generations, so they wouldn’t have to live in this world. Please, Yune, let me die.”

Yune:
“I won’t, Lehran. I won’t!”

Ike:
“Lehran? Now he’s some kind of hero-saint?”

Sephiran:
“…”

Ike:
“If death is what you really want, then I’m not going to let it happen on my watch. I don’t care what you’ve gone through. I don’t care how much you’ve suffered. What you’ve done is unforgivable.”

Yune:
“Stop it, Ike!”

Sephiran:
“…”

Ike:
“Ashera is waiting. It’s time for the final confrontation with her. You can come… If you want to.”

Sephiran:
“You… You’re asking me to turn my back on goddess Ashera?”

Ike:
“If you really want the total extinction of beorc and laguz alike, then you can just lie here like a lump. If not, this is your last chance to start rectifying your mistakes. Think hard on that.”

(Ike leaves)

Yune:
“But…Ike!”

Sephiran:
“…”

Yune:
“I’ll be waiting for you, Lehran.”

At the start of turn 1, Sephiran shows up, having his Mantle skill still, but no Creiddylad tome, he has the Ashera Staff instead. You can pass him a Yune-blessed Light or Dark tome and he can join in killing Ashera.

If you want to see the Talks between Sanaki, Ike, Kurthnaga, and Micaiah, I'll refer you to 23:47-26:55 of this video (which has most of what I've said above). And then flip to 30:47 to see Sephiran's character ending, and the new scene which immediately follows it.

And in the Japanese version, when Sephiran is on the burning Serenes altar in the flashback, he hallucinates to the point of hearing voices.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Sanaki confirms Michiah's her sister (How did she survive?) (as the descendant of Lehran and Altina (OKAY, WHAT?)

How Micaiah survived is never said. I guess the heartless Senate just didn't have the heart to suffocate or stab a baby and just got rid of it via exposure to elements thinking no one would find it, or sending it away to some distant peasant countryside? It's a big unexplained thing.

But about the "descendant of Lehran and Altina" part, 2nd playthrough Base Conversations covers it all:

Spoiler

Ancient History (*)

(Nasir and Gareth both recruited – 2nd playthrough onwards)

Gareth: I am about to tell you a very old story–a story you should know, as the new king of Goldoa. This is one of the oldest and most heavily guarded secrets in all of Tellius. You’ll find no trace of it in any histories or sagas.
Micaiah: If it’s that important, maybe we should go somewhere else. Other people might hear us.
Gareth: Hmm. What do you think, Nasir?
Nasir: I called upon Lady Micaiah because I felt that she should know the story as well. No… I think now is the time to let everyone know. Would that be all right, Your Majesty?
Kurthnaga: There will be no secrets from now on. Tell us everything.
Gareth: As you wish, Your Majesty. In the dawn of this age, after the goddesses began their long slumber, the kingdom of Begnion was established. In those early days, laguz and beorc lived side by side in harmony and peace. Yes, that kingdom would become the Begnion Empire. The hero Altina was chosen to be the kingdom’s first queen. Lehran supported her as an advisor…and as a husband.
Micaiah: What!?
Nasir: Despite their differences, Lehran and Altina loved each other very deeply.
Kurthnaga: The people accepted a marriage between a laguz and a beorc?
Nasir: That was what King Dheginsea said. This was before the people thought of such differences. They saw only a queen and her husband.
Gareth: At this time, King Dheginsea also created his own kingdom far from other laguz tribes and beorc nations. He believed that the dragon tribe was too powerful to interact equally with other tribes and peoples. That kingdom became Goldoa.
Nasir: Begnion had been established for four years when King Dheginsea received news that Altina had become pregnant. The news brought great joy. You see, the news was also quite surprising. There had been other unions between beorc and laguz, but until Altina’s pregnancy, no children had ever been conceived. Indeed, hers was the first child ever to be born of beorc and laguz.
Gareth: As close friends of both Altina and Lehran, both King Dheginsea and Soan rejoiced at the news. The child would be the first to carry the joined blood of both laguz and beorc. The king said that the baby would become a symbol of peace between the two peoples.
Nasir: But joy over the child’s birth did not last. Soon after the child was born, Lehran lost all the powers of the laguz. He could not transform any longer, nor could he sing galdrar.
Gareth: It became apparent that the child of such a union neutralizes the laguz parent’s powers. To make matters worse, the child bears only the characteristics of a beorc.
Nasir: Lehran felt he was no longer a true laguz, and felt he could no longer act as a bridge between the goddess and the people of Tellius. He lost hope, and also his mind…at least temporarily. He attempted suicide several times, which is an unthinkable taboo for anyone who has sworn to serve the goddess.
Gareth: King Dheginsea fell into despair. If people caught wind of this news, he believed it would create a deep rift between the two peoples. The king was especially concerned about the reaction from the laguz. They might interpret the birth as a herald of their eventual end. Some might even attempt to harm the child.
Kurthnaga: Lehran needed to hear the voice of the goddess then more than ever before… But he could no longer sing the galdr of release. Is that what happened?
Nasir: Just so. Lehran was forced to make a very difficult decision to protect the peace between beorc and laguz. He decided to retreat into seclusion and consider the problem. Once he regained his sanity, he announced his decision.
Gareth: Lehran was forced to ask the unthinkable of his wife, his aides, and close friends For the sake of Begnion, you must tell the people that I died in an accident. Tell them the birth was merely a false rumor.
Nasir: Lehran left the medallion to his tribe, moving to Goldoa under King Dheginsea’s protection. He simply disappeared from history after that.
Gareth: After Lehran had left and life returned to normal, Altina eventually welcomed a beorc husband. She raised the child she’d had with Lehran as though it were an ordinary beorc child, born of her new husband. Since then, marriages between laguz and beorc have been forbidden. It became known as a crime against the goddess.
Nasir: Even so, the taboo was broken several times over the next few decades. Usually no child was conceived, but when there was, it was swiftly covered up. The parents soon learned what it meant to bear a child who possessed both laguz and beorc blood. After they learned of the consequences, none of these parents ever rejected the edict forbidding it.
Gareth: The child was to be raised by the beorc parent, and raised as a beorc child. That should have been enough to hide everything, end of story.
Nasir: It was several generations later that the certain descendents began to manifest physical marks which indicated their ancestors’ sins. Fortunately, this mark looked very similar to the marks on those protected by spirits. They could pass as students of the dark arts for at least a few years. Unfortunately, the Branded lived much longer than beorc.
Gareth: Most Branded chose to hide, living outside of ordinary society, and they disappeared into the shadows of history. Rumors had already begun to spread across Begnion, however. The Branded were shunned and cast out wherever they lived. Where the laguz held power, they persecuted the Branded and executed them in honor killings.
Micaiah: That’s horrible!
Gareth: It was King Dheginsea’s opinion that these were crimes that he had to carry on his conscience. From the beginning, he realized that he and the others in power had made a mistake. They understood that they should have revealed everything about Altina and Lehran’s child. The people should have been told the truth. But since they’d kept the truth from everyone, the Branded were marked as unclean, persecuted wherever they traveled.
Nasir: Here is the family tree for Lehran and Altina’s bloodline. Only King Dheginsea knew the truth. Until now.
Kurthnaga: Father… You’ve had to endure this burden alone for so long.
Gareth: It was the same in Lady Almedha’s case. When she lost her powers after giving birth to the Mad King’s son, King Dheginsea had no choice but to hide the truth from everyone. So he chose to hide Almedha from everyone. Better to deny her existence than be forced to explain long-hidden secrets.
Nasir: In the process, he’d lost someone even more dear to him. Prince Rajaion. He deeply regretted his decision when he learned of the prince’s death. The only choice left for King Dheginsea was to remain stubbornly neutral in all wars on the continent. He hoped–in vain–to keep the goddess from waking up before the thousand years had elapsed.
Kurthnaga: I’m such a fool… I had no idea what Father went through. All I did was deny what he fought for.
Micaiah: Kurth…
Gareth: Your Majesty. You are the king now. You know that it is a sin to fight against the goddess, and yet you’ve chosen to move forward.
Nasir: King Dheginsea left everything to you. You must succeed. Do not be afraid of what lies beyond. Forge ahead.
Kurthnaga: I understand. I shall be true to my convictions. I have no more doubts.

That should do more or less all of it for the 2nd playthrough stuff.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is there much else on the Zunanma?

The Zunanma don't have too much said about them. They were the ancestors of Laguz and Beorc alike, although Begnion's Beorc racist elite claimed only Beorc were their descendants. Zunanma gradually evolved into Beorc and Laguz, and this differentiation, which the Goddess of Dawn gave names to, ending up resulting in conflict, which is what tore the one goddess into two with the Great Flood. Contradictory sources claim the Dawn Goddess did and didn't create the Zunanma, but she certainly didn't make the Laguz and Beorc.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

No paired endings it seems (So no fixing Makalov/Astrid).

Actually, if you had supported them to an A, you would have gotten this:

Spoiler

Astrid (A support with Makalov)

Astrid disregarded opposition and married the worst idler in three countries, but never tamed him.

There were a select few other possible paired endings:

Geoffrey (A support with Elincia)

Geoffrey’s chivalrous nature and loyalty to Queen Elincia ensured that all of Crimea supported their marriage.

Leanne (A support with Naesala)

Leanne was united with Naesala, whom she had always loved. Together they raised a heron girl and a raven boy.

Lucia (A support with Bastian)

First among the ministers to support her queen, Lucia never married. However, her affair with Count Bastian continues.

Ranulf (A support with Ike)

After seeing Skrimir crowned as king, Ranulf set off on a journey, saying only, “There’s so much I haven’t seen.”

Soren (A support with Ike)

When peace had settled on the land, Soren packed lightly and set off with the only person he had ever trusted.

Sadly no RolfxMist, despite MistxBoyd being a choice.

Although thinking more positively about Makalov, consider this:

Spoiler

Astrid vs Lekain

Astrid: Lord Lekain…
Lekain: Hm? You… You are from House Damiell…
Astrid: Yes, I am. It’s been a while, but I didn’t think you’d forget me quite so easily. I wasn’t sure at the time, but marrying you would have been the biggest mistake of my life.
Lekain: Ha! Bold talk from a penniless mercenary! You were never worthy of Lekain of Gaddos, head of the senators and chosen by the goddess herself!

...From Astrid's PoR Sothe Support:

Astrid: My parents have already chosen and arranged a fiance for me. I’ve heard he is thirty years older than me.

I'd advise taking a look over all the other RD 4-F boss convos. They quite good, particularly Haar's bunch.

Well that should about do it. Though I'll add that Dheginsea's boss theme is actually a remix.

And if you're bored, here is the first of a three part collection of all crit and skill animations in RD. All the flash you might want.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On a second playthrough:

1. Pelleas can be spared! A third option is added when he offers to die- "Refuse his command". Everything related to him living I've complied here for you:

Reveal hidden contents

“Refuse his command” is chosen (2nd playthrough only)

Micaiah:
“I…I’m sorry. I can’t do this…”

Pelleas:
“I see… That is all right, Micaiah. I know it’s a terrible thing to ask. …General Tauroneo. It is your duty.”

Tauroneo:
“Your Majesty… Is this necessary?”

Pelleas:
“This is your king’s order, General. You must obey.”

(Pelleas hands Tauroneo a dagger)

Tauroneo:
“Such will, at so young an age! …As you wish, Your Majesty.”

Pelleas:
“General Tauroneo. Please look after the people of Daein.”

Tauroneo:
“Yes…Your Majesty…”

Pelleas:
“Sothe. I’m sorry for all that I put you and Micaiah through, including this. Please forgive me.”

Sothe:
“Don’t worry about that now, Pelleas.”

Pelleas:
“Micaiah. Please give this ring to my mother. Tell her that I loved her dearly.”

Micaiah:
“…I will, Your Majesty.”

Pelleas:
“Good-bye, my friends.”

(Tauroneo is about to stab Pelleas)

Micaiah:
“NO! This is wrong! We can’t give up, Your Majesty!”

(Micaiah runs between Tauroneo and Pelleas)

Tauroneo:
“Eh?”

Pelleas:
“Micaiah?!”

(Micaiah falls to the floor, Sothe picks her up)

Tauroneo:
“Lady Micaiah…”

Pelleas:
“What did you do?!”

Micaiah:
“I…I’m all right. I…”

Pelleas:
“Fetch a healer! Now!”

Micaiah:
“No, I’m fine, really. I’m just confused… Is the goddess telling me that I’m not worthy to become a martyr for Daein?”

Pelleas:
“Or maybe she is saying that you’re just too important to lose…”

Pelleas:
“But this is my fault! It was all because I signed that blood pact! I can only amend my mistake by giving my life!”

Micaiah:
“You must stop running, Your Majesty.”

Pelleas:
“Wha–!”

Micaiah:
“But what if your information is incorrect, Your Majesty? I couldn’t live with myself if I’d let you give up your life in vain. There MUST be another way! We’ll look for it together. There is… I… I can see…”

Sothe:
“Micaiah! Hey, Micaiah! Wake up!”

Tauroneo:
“I will call a healer right away!”

(Tauroneo leaves, Pelleas collapses on the floor)

Pelleas:
“Micaiah… Thank you…”

Pelleas survives and Almedha's later reveal of Ashnard using a Blood Pact to kill his father is adjusted to account for Pelleas's survival.

He then appears in 3-F on Daein's side with the following special boss convos:

Zihark talks to Pelleas

Zihark: King Pelleas. Would you please listen to what I have to say?
Pelleas: Zihark. What is there to talk about? You’ve deserted your country and your people.
Zihark: I just don’t understand. I thought I knew you. You are a good, kind man. Why do you continue to fight for those bloodsucking senators?
Pelleas: I don’t want to talk about it.
Zihark: Your Majesty…
Pelleas: It doesn’t concern you anymore. You’ve abandoned Daein–and us. If you want to stop us, use your sword–not words.
Zihark: My sword and my allegiance do lie elsewhere now, it’s true. But I am not without honor. I will not draw my sword against the man I call my king, no matter what.
Pelleas: …I’m sorry, Zihark. At least you’ll be spared from the curse of the pact.

Jill talks to Pelleas

Jill: King Pelleas! Please wait. I must talk to you.
Pelleas: Jill. I’m afraid I have nothing to say to you. You abandoned your own country.
Jill: No, I… Yes, I suppose that’s true. I just couldn’t understand why we would bow to the empire, after fighting so hard to free ourselves from their grasp! Why are you fighting an army that isn’t even an enemy of Daein?
Pelleas: You don’t need to understand.
Jill: King Pelleas…
Pelleas: Jill, you do what you think is best for you. Go your own way. But don’t return to Daein. Ever.
Jill: But I can’t do that! In the end, I am a native of Daein. This is where the body of my father lies. This is my home. My only home…
Pelleas: …I’m sorry, Jill. But there’s no need for you to fall prey to the curse as well.

Ike vs Pelleas

Ike: You’re King Pelleas? The son of Mad King Ashnard? I expected you to be…bigger.
Pelleas: You are the hero of Crimea, General Ike. You killed my father…
Ike: It was nothing personal. Your father had to be put down. Wait, are you shaking?
Pelleas: I’ve never killed anyone before… I’ve never even stood on a battlefield before today.
Ike: Then why did you come here? Do you want to die?
Pelleas: I do, but it won’t change anything… I promised Micaiah that I wouldn’t run from my destiny. General Ike, you may be able to take me down easily, but I will not run!
Ike: Just what Daein needs…another mad king. Let’s see if you’re as tough as your father.

Soren vs Pelleas

Soren: The new king of Daein, Pelleas. How convenient. I can end this farce right now. Surrender or die.
Pelleas: Who are you? That mark on your forehead… Is it a mark of Spirit Protection?
Soren: No. It’s something rather different.
Pelleas: But that shape… It looks so much like mine!
Soren: Is that so? You might still more powerful than you let on. Still, I doubt this changes anything. Prepare yourself, Pelleas.
Pelleas: But wait! There’s so much I want to ask you!

Ilyana vs Pelleas

Pelleas: Ilyana… I’m sorry. If I were a better king, this wouldn’t have happened. I’m sorry…
Ilyana: Your Majesty, I don’t know what’s happened. All I know is that my friends are hurting each other. If that means I have to stop you to save them, then I’m going to try. I’m sorry…

Zihark vs Pelleas

Pelleas: Zihark… I only ever wanted to help our people. I’m sorry it came to this.
Zihark: So am I, Your Majesty. I don’t understand any of this, but I do know that it has to stop.

(Pelleas will attack, but Zihark will not)

Jill vs Pelleas

Pelleas: Jill, you told me once that you wished for me to become a good king for our people. I tried so hard… But I couldn’t fulfil your wish. I’m so sorry.
Jill: It’s all right, Your Majesty. I’d wrongly assumed that you had turned into a tyrant. Please forgive my desertion.

(Pelleas will attack, but Jill will not)

During Part 4, Pelleas tags along with his mother in the Hawk Army. From the chapter's start:

Almedha:
“Pelleas, dear, how are you feeling?”

Pelleas:
“Mother, I’m fine. Please stop asking after my health.”

Almedha:
“But you’re so pale, darling. You were always such a sickly little boy… You should rest a while. We can’t have you exhausting yourself.”

Pelleas:
“No, Mother… If we stop walking now, we would slow the others.”

Almedha:
“Never mind them, sweetheart, they can wait. You should take a nice rest under that tree. Son, remember that you are a scion of both Daein’s and Goldoa’s royal families! You are more important than any of these peasants! The others can certainly wait for you; don’t spare a single thought for them.”

Pelleas:
“L-let go of me! Leave me alone!”

Pelleas:
“Haah!”

Pelleas:
“Mother!”

Almedha:
“Pelleas…”

Pelleas:
“I’m sorry, Mother. I…”

Almedha:
“Pelleas, wait! Pelleas!”

Almedha talking to Elincia after the chapter ends is altered to read as Almedha being sad Pelleas now rejects her.

Pelleas then joins at the start of turn 2 of 4-2 as a Dark Sage, able to use Thunder and, *drumroll* Dark Magic!

After the 1st turn

Pelleas:
“I’m sorry to be late! What unit would you like me to support?”

Tibarn:
“Oh, King Pelleas. You shouldn’t…endanger yourself. Besides, I don’t think we’ll have too much trouble with these guys.”

Pelleas:
“I appreciate your concern, but as the king of Daein, I fight for the people of all free countries. It is my duty.”

Tibarn:
“Wait, where is your mother?”

Pelleas:
“W-well…”

Tibarn:
“Listen, I don’t know what she’s been telling you, but don’t throw your life away. I appreciate that you want to help, but this battle is beyond you. Try to stay out of the way.”

Pelleas:
“…Y-yes, sir.”

He has a boss convo with Valtome, but it isn't remarkable.

4-5 gains a base convo between Pelleas and Tauroneo:

Pelleas (***)

(Pelleas is alive)

Pelleas: Sigh.
Tauroneo: There you are, Your Majesty.
Pelleas: …General Tauroneo.
Tauroneo: Is something wrong?
Pelleas: Take a look at this.
Tauroneo: The mark of the blood pact… It has faded quite a bit, hasn’t it?
Pelleas: What do you think this means?
Tauroneo: Hmm… I do not know. I must think on it.
Pelleas: Yes, we’ll both have to. The lives of Daein’s people depend on it.
Tauroneo: Do you believe that people can be saved from the state they are in?
Pelleas: Of course I do. To be honest, I’m a little bit thankful for the situation right now. Daein was headed for destruction because of what I’d done. But what the goddess did has changed the course of things. I can’t fail this time. I have to save everyone.
Tauroneo: Ah, I see. I shall do everything I can to assist.
Pelleas: Thank you.
Tauroneo: Your Majesty, this is for you.
Pelleas: It’s a dark tome! Thank you, General Tauroneo. Dark tomes are harder to come by than tomes of other elements. How did you find it?
Tauroneo: I did not find it. Your gratitude belongs to someone else.
Pelleas: What do you mean?
Tauroneo: Lady Almedha looked for it at every village and town we stopped in. She gave it to me out of concern that you might not take it from her.
Pelleas: I see.
Tauroneo: Your Majesty. If you’ll excuse me.
Pelleas: Mother…

(Obtained Fenrir)

And Pelleas gets a boss convo with Izuka:

And a boss convo with Lekain:

(Pelleas vs Lekain)

Pelleas:
“Vi-Vice-Minister Lekain…”

Lekain:
“Hm? Ahhh, still alive, are we? I suppose that I can still find a use for you… I know! Go and attack the enemy general.”

Pelleas:
“Um…”

Lekain:
“Why are you not obeying, fool? That look on your face… Don’t tell me that you’ve forgotten about the blood pact already?”

Pelleas:
“Your empty threats no longer intimidate me. The citizens of Daein have all turned into statues. Besides, I don’t understand why, but the proof of the blood pact on my arm has began to fade. This can only mean the blood pact is starting to lose its power. Lord Lekain… pray tell, is it because you died once before?”

Lekain:
“Tah ha ha… It seems I couldn’t hide the truth from you. However, even if the mark has faded, is it not true that the blood pact still exists? If you dare to oppose me, Daein citizens trespassing on my fair homeland may die. Are you truly willing to take the risk?”

Pelleas:
“Yes, I am actually.”

Lekain:
“Whaaat?! Did I hear you correctly?!”

Pelleas:
“I said I will take that risk. The companions who fight alongside me all survived the light of judgement; this is proof that they are the strongest of men. So if somebody really will die, then that somebody can only be the weakest link, me. So there’s nothing for me to fear!”

Lekain:
“Grr… D-don’t act all proud of yourself! If it’s death you seek, then death you shall have!”

That is the Japanese version of it. The English take is shorter, and leaves out the "Lekain died once before" part, referring to the petrification.

And another with Sephiran:

Pelleas vs Sephiran

Sephiran: King Pelleas, correct? Aren’t you brave, coming all this way!
Pelleas: If you’re the one who’s been pulling the strings behind all this, please tell me… Who… Who am I?
Sephiran: …I don’t know. All I know is that you are a powerful practitioner of magic… I know that you were an orphan born and raised in Daein. But that is all Izuka ever told me.
Pelleas: So… I’m not Ashnard’s true son?
Sephiran: No, you’re not. Ashnard’s son is of dragon tribe blood and is thus Branded.
Pelleas: I think I’m going to be ill…
Sephiran: Be assured that you were essential to Daein’s reconstruction, which was a vital step toward waking the goddess. Fortunately, Izuka was able to use you to execute my plan.
Pelleas: You are going to pay! You are going to…BLAAARRRGH!

In the ending:

Pelleas’ leave

(Appears if Pelleas survived)

Pelleas:
“I’m sorry.”

Almedha:
“But that’s… I don’t believe you! Because, see, my dear, you have the mark! Wait. Don’t you have a mark?”

Pelleas:
“No, Mother. Lady Almehda, is that the reason you thought me to be your son?”

Almedha:
“I…”

Pelleas:
“And that is the reason why Izuka chose me out of all the children at that orphanage.”

Almedha:
“Stop! This is impossible! You are my son. I am your mother, and I say so!”

Pelleas:
“Lady Almedha, your only memories of your son were of him as a baby. You yourself said so. In other words, he already had a mark, even as a child.”

Almedha:
“Yes, that’s so. What of it?”

Pelleas:
“This mark–my mark, here–is called the ‘Spirits’ Protection.’ When I was thirteen, I chose to make a pact with the spirits.”

Almedha:
“What?!”

Pelleas:
“When I learned that you were one of the dragon clan, I began to doubt. And slowly my doubt turned to certainty. I’m sorry, Lady Almedha. I’m sorry that, though it was never my intent, I ended up deceiving you. I’m sorry, but I am not your son.”

Almedha:
“P-Pelleas…”

Pelleas:
“But still… I was happy. It was fleeting, but… I knew the feeling of a mother’s love. You have my thanks.”

Almedha:
“I… Ah…sniff…”

Spirit-Charming Sage – Pelleas

After revealing his lack of royal blood, Pelleas gave up the throne [to Micaiah] but served at court, learning to speak easily to all.

Later in the ending:

(Appears if certain criteria were fulfilled – for more information, please check the very bottom of the FAQ page)

Almedha:
“You are Ike, of the Greil Mercenaries?”

Ike:
“And you’re the dowager Queen of Daein. I’ve heard some of what you’ve gone through. I’m glad you’re safe.”

Almedha:
“Ah, indeed.”

Ike:
“In light of that…Can I do anything for you?”

Almedha:
“I think not. I think I have seen enough.”

Ike:
“As you wish. Well then, Lady Almedha, Prince Kurthnaga. Take care of yourselves.”

Kurthnaga:
“Yes. And you as well. I know we shall meet again.”

(Ike leaves)

Kurthnaga:
“Are you satisfied, my sister? You wished so strongly to meet with General Ike.”

Almedha:
“I only did so because Pelleas said…He said that it would be wise if I were to meet with him.”

Kurthnaga:
“Did he say why?”

Almedha:
“That child,” he said. It was the last gift he gave to me. He wouldn’t say anything more.

Kurthnaga:
“A gift? By meeting General Ike?”

Almedha:
“What about that beorc could possibly be…wait… Ah! Wait! Wait, stop a moment!”

Kurthnaga:
“Sister!”

Soren:
“Yes? You needed something?”

Almedha:
“You are…What is your name?”

Soren:
“Soren.”

Almedha:
“I-I see. That…that is a fine name.”

Soren:
“Thank you…?”

Almedha:
“You’re welcome.”

Soren:
“Is that all?”

Almedha:
“Ah, yes, yes. Pardon me, calling out to you like that… I was confused.”

Soren:
“Don’t let it trouble you. If you’ll excuse me.”

(Soren leaves)

Almedha:
“I don’t believe it.”

Kurthnaga:
“That boy is the staff officer for the Greil Mercenaries. What made you call out to him like that?”

Almedha:
“I…”

Kurthnaga:
“Sister?”

Almedha:
“Because I have lost the power of my birthright, I thought… Maybe I wouldn’t be able to…That I might not be able to recognize my own child. But when her own true son stands before her, no mother could fail to know. Oh, my son, you’ve lived and grown strong.”

Kurthnaga:
“You can’t mean…Soren is your son?”

Surprised? Ashnard's son didn't inherit his blue hair, he inherited his mother's dark green. I don't believe Soren ever learns the truth, not that he'd want the Daein throne.

2. A special 4-F-5 Base Conversation is unlocked between Ike and Soren if they an A Support:

Reveal hidden contents

Soren: Ike… Um… Were you joking when you said you couldn’t remember how we met?
Ike: Well, sorta. It was a long time ago.
Soren: How could you forget?
Ike: Relax, Soren. I got to thinking, and I remembered. I remember what happened in Gallia on the day we first met.
Soren: Ike…
Ike: Mother had gone shopping with Mist that day. I was wandering around the village all alone. I walked to the edge of the forest, looking for a stick I could pretend was a sword. There was a raven-haired boy lying on the ground.
Soren: I remember the huge oak tree by the clearing… I’d been sleeping in the hollow by the roots.
Ike: He looked like he was my age. He was as skinny as a twig, wearing rags and covered in dirt. He looked like he was near death. I took out my lunch and I handed it to him. He made a noise like a scared animal and shied away. He was suspicious of me at first, but eventually he took my sandwich and started to eat. It was like he’d never eaten before in his life. I didn’t have anything else to feed him, so I told him to come to my house. But he kept shaking his head no.
Soren: I was afraid you were going to trick me. Afraid that you were going to chase me away after taunting me with food, just for a laugh…
Ike: I told the boy that I’d bring him some food the next day at the same time and place. He finally nodded when I said that. It made me happy. I felt like I was doing something right, helping this boy. Like I was the only one who’d do that.
Soren: …I was happy, too. Not just because I wasn’t hungry anymore. Because someone finally would talk to me. So I went back to the village again the next day. I was scared of the other villagers and their rocks and sticks, but I still went back.
Ike: That’s right. That was Gallia back then. The beorc abused and tormented the Branded because the laguz shunned them. They wanted to avoid upsetting the laguz.
Soren: The villagers threw stones at me, called me an animal and a devil. But on the next day, the village was littered with corpses. Soldiers and peasants were in a panic.
Ike: It was my dad. He went crazy when the spirit of chaos in the medallion touched him.
Soren: I walked through the empty streets, checking bodies to see if you were dead. But I couldn’t find you. I decided that you had to be alive. I took money and food from the village and headed for Crimea, a land of beorcs.
Ike: Soren…
Soren: On my way to Crimea, I kept seeing laguz from the beast tribe. They were terrifying, but after a while I realized something. They never attacked me. They all seemed to notice something about me, and then pretend they couldn’t see me. That look was burned into my mind, and it was always the same. They’d scowl, then walk away like they’d never noticed me. In a way, that left me feeling colder and more alone than if they’d attacked me. Hate… That I could understand. This was denial. They made me feel like I wasn’t supposed to exist at all. That my simply being alive was an affront to the world. That was how the beasts treated me. And I hated them for it. It sat in my heart like a lead bar. Like a glacier.
Ike: …
Soren: When I reached Crimea, I took refuge in a church along the way. They took my brand to be a sign that I had been trained in the arcane arts. They took good care of me, and taught me things. Once I had learned to speak and behave like other people, I wandered Crimea for several years. Then I finally found you.
Ike: But I’d…
Soren: Yes. You’d forgotten that day in Gallia. But I didn’t care. My only wish was to see you again. I just wanted to see the only boy who had held out a warm hand when I had nothing.
Ike: Soren… Don’t cry.
Soren: Don’t cry? What? I’m not crying…
Ike: Soren, you’re smart, but you’re no good when it comes to your emotions. Come over here.
Soren: D-don’t treat me like I’m a child! I’m not that–
Ike: Come on.
Soren: Shut up! Shut up…
Ike: Then I’ll come over to you.
Ike: It’s all in the past, Soren…
Soren: …Sniff… Sniff… Gwuh… Wahhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhh!

3. Sephiran/Lehran can live! Doing so requires fielding the Black Knight in 1-F, and then having Ike fight (not win or anything) against the Black Knight once in 3-7. Doing so unlocks this scene (from about 1:30 to 6:20 of the video) after 4-F-2. Easier to show than tell.

That alters dialogue a little when Ike confronts Sephiran, and the battle conversation between the two:

Reveal hidden contents

Ike vs Sephiran (viewed Ike’s memory scene)

Ike: I have to ask, Sephiran. What are you after? What’s this all about?
Sephiran: Why do you wish to know? You would achieve nothing by learning my reasons. You would help no one. I lost faith in lesser beings, and desire an end to them. That’s all.
Ike: So why did you save me on that day?
Sephiran: May I ask you a favor, Ike? Tell me how you feel about it now. Can you bear recalling those horrific memories?
Ike: Yes… I’m fine, now. But I suppose at the time I wouldn’t have been able to take it.
Sephiran: All beings endure tragedies for as long as they continue to live. It has always been the case that suffering is unavoidable. And this grim reality plays out over and over, in every country, under every ruler… As long as there are beings who feel, they will feel pain.
Ike: So what? We should all just give in and die? Put it behind you. Deal with it.
Sephiran: Do not make light of this…
Ike: I’m not. Sephiran, I’m extremely grateful that you once helped me through a terrible time. But we have to accept that occasionally we all have to deal with hard times. I’ve had pain, I’ve had suffering, and I have gotten up and moved on. I don’t try to forget what happened that day. I just accept it… And neither that or anything else will ever stop me.
Sephiran: You are a strong man, Ike, son of Gawain. But not everyone is as strong as you…

After the battle, this then happens:

If Ike’s Memory Scene in Part 4 Final Chapter-2 was seen)

Sanaki:
“Sephiran… Don’t worry. We still have all the time we spent together… Nobody can take that away. Nobody.”

Sephiran:
“Thank you… My Lady Sanaki… I’ll…be leaving you now. Zel…gius…is waiting. …Al…ti…na…”

Sanaki:
“Sephiran! No… Noooooooo!”

Yune:
“Now! Please, Micaiah!”

Micaiah:
“Don’t die… You can’t die…”

Sanaki:
“…He’s…breathing? Sephiran is breathing!”

Micaiah:
“Ahh… Just in time.”

Sanaki:
“You saved him! Thank you! Micaiah, thank you!”

Yune:
“Micaiah is completely spent. She’s sorry, but she won’t be able to fight in the next battle. But there’s no time. Hurry!”

Sanaki:
“Goddess Yune. Is there something you haven’t told us about you and Sephiran?”

Yune:
“He saved my life.”

Sanaki:
“Y-your life? Sephiran saved the life of a goddess? Is there something you haven’t told us about Sephiran, then?”

Yune:
“He’ll wake up in just a moment. Then you can ask him directly.”

Sanaki:
“Oh. All right, I’ll do that”

Ike:
“Why did you save him?”

Yune:
“Should I not have?”

Ike:
“I can think of a few reasons why you shouldn’t have, yes!”

(Ike moves towards Sephiran)

Ike:
“Hey! Get up. Now.”

Yune:
“Take it easy on him! He’s had a hard day!”

Sephiran:
“…ung… …hhhuuunnn…. I… I’m alive?”

Yune:
“Lehran!”

Sephiran:
“Goddess Yune… Why? Why did you–“

Yune:
“Because I want you to live! You’ve always taken care of me, and I couldn’t bear it if it ended like this.”

Sephiran:
“But…I’ve lost all my hope. All hope in the world and the people in it… I did what I did…for future generations, so they wouldn’t have to live in this world. Please, Yune, let me die.”

Yune:
“I won’t, Lehran. I won’t!”

Ike:
“Lehran? Now he’s some kind of hero-saint?”

Sephiran:
“…”

Ike:
“If death is what you really want, then I’m not going to let it happen on my watch. I don’t care what you’ve gone through. I don’t care how much you’ve suffered. What you’ve done is unforgivable.”

Yune:
“Stop it, Ike!”

Sephiran:
“…”

Ike:
“Ashera is waiting. It’s time for the final confrontation with her. You can come… If you want to.”

Sephiran:
“You… You’re asking me to turn my back on goddess Ashera?”

Ike:
“If you really want the total extinction of beorc and laguz alike, then you can just lie here like a lump. If not, this is your last chance to start rectifying your mistakes. Think hard on that.”

(Ike leaves)

Yune:
“But…Ike!”

Sephiran:
“…”

Yune:
“I’ll be waiting for you, Lehran.”

At the start of turn 1, Sephiran shows up, having his Mantle skill still, but no Creiddylad tome, he has the Ashera Staff instead. You can pass him a Yune-blessed Light or Dark tome and he can join in killing Ashera.

If you want to see the Talks between Sanaki, Ike, Kurthnaga, and Micaiah, I'll refer you to 23:47-26:55 of this video (which has most of what I've said above). And then flip to 30:47 to see Sephiran's character ending, and the new scene which immediately follows it.

And in the Japanese version, when Sephiran is on the burning Serenes altar in the flashback, he hallucinates to the point of hearing voices.

Pelleas likely sucks sadly. He would have been able to fit in with the lack of mages in that party though at least. Pelleas also confirms that he had a spirit pact and was not at all Almedha's kid. I wonder why he did that, just for magic or did he want to connect to something while alone?

The Soren convo confirmed Ike's lack of prejudice was true as a child. Also finally explains Soren's racism and how he came to be in the church. The final conversation they have with Almedha is a shame, because she never got to admit to him who she was to him. That I think feels too missed an opportunity.

That scene (Ike's memory) is honestly a bit dumb to me. Why was Ike sitting there the whole time? Some of Sephiran's lines aren't voiced either. Sephiran still kind of sucks with his actions sadly, though he's certainly powerful as a unit. Also, Michiah being forced out of the next battle is an interesting compromise, if even that with those stats (OR APPARENTLY NOT). Ike also called out Lehran, which confirms his status as the straight man for the dozenth time or something. Lehran then gets healed and Ashunera finally shows up, who does a final duet with Lehran in the credits.

How Micaiah survived is never said. I guess the heartless Senate just didn't have the heart to suffocate or stab a baby and just got rid of it via exposure to elements thinking no one would find it, or sending it away to some distant peasant countryside? It's a big unexplained thing.

But about the "descendant of Lehran and Altina" part, 2nd playthrough Base Conversations covers it all:

Reveal hidden contents

Ancient History (*)

(Nasir and Gareth both recruited – 2nd playthrough onwards)

Gareth: I am about to tell you a very old story–a story you should know, as the new king of Goldoa. This is one of the oldest and most heavily guarded secrets in all of Tellius. You’ll find no trace of it in any histories or sagas.
Micaiah: If it’s that important, maybe we should go somewhere else. Other people might hear us.
Gareth: Hmm. What do you think, Nasir?
Nasir: I called upon Lady Micaiah because I felt that she should know the story as well. No… I think now is the time to let everyone know. Would that be all right, Your Majesty?
Kurthnaga: There will be no secrets from now on. Tell us everything.
Gareth: As you wish, Your Majesty. In the dawn of this age, after the goddesses began their long slumber, the kingdom of Begnion was established. In those early days, laguz and beorc lived side by side in harmony and peace. Yes, that kingdom would become the Begnion Empire. The hero Altina was chosen to be the kingdom’s first queen. Lehran supported her as an advisor…and as a husband.
Micaiah: What!?
Nasir: Despite their differences, Lehran and Altina loved each other very deeply.
Kurthnaga: The people accepted a marriage between a laguz and a beorc?
Nasir: That was what King Dheginsea said. This was before the people thought of such differences. They saw only a queen and her husband.
Gareth: At this time, King Dheginsea also created his own kingdom far from other laguz tribes and beorc nations. He believed that the dragon tribe was too powerful to interact equally with other tribes and peoples. That kingdom became Goldoa.
Nasir: Begnion had been established for four years when King Dheginsea received news that Altina had become pregnant. The news brought great joy. You see, the news was also quite surprising. There had been other unions between beorc and laguz, but until Altina’s pregnancy, no children had ever been conceived. Indeed, hers was the first child ever to be born of beorc and laguz.
Gareth: As close friends of both Altina and Lehran, both King Dheginsea and Soan rejoiced at the news. The child would be the first to carry the joined blood of both laguz and beorc. The king said that the baby would become a symbol of peace between the two peoples.
Nasir: But joy over the child’s birth did not last. Soon after the child was born, Lehran lost all the powers of the laguz. He could not transform any longer, nor could he sing galdrar.
Gareth: It became apparent that the child of such a union neutralizes the laguz parent’s powers. To make matters worse, the child bears only the characteristics of a beorc.
Nasir: Lehran felt he was no longer a true laguz, and felt he could no longer act as a bridge between the goddess and the people of Tellius. He lost hope, and also his mind…at least temporarily. He attempted suicide several times, which is an unthinkable taboo for anyone who has sworn to serve the goddess.
Gareth: King Dheginsea fell into despair. If people caught wind of this news, he believed it would create a deep rift between the two peoples. The king was especially concerned about the reaction from the laguz. They might interpret the birth as a herald of their eventual end. Some might even attempt to harm the child.
Kurthnaga: Lehran needed to hear the voice of the goddess then more than ever before… But he could no longer sing the galdr of release. Is that what happened?
Nasir: Just so. Lehran was forced to make a very difficult decision to protect the peace between beorc and laguz. He decided to retreat into seclusion and consider the problem. Once he regained his sanity, he announced his decision.
Gareth: Lehran was forced to ask the unthinkable of his wife, his aides, and close friends For the sake of Begnion, you must tell the people that I died in an accident. Tell them the birth was merely a false rumor.
Nasir: Lehran left the medallion to his tribe, moving to Goldoa under King Dheginsea’s protection. He simply disappeared from history after that.
Gareth: After Lehran had left and life returned to normal, Altina eventually welcomed a beorc husband. She raised the child she’d had with Lehran as though it were an ordinary beorc child, born of her new husband. Since then, marriages between laguz and beorc have been forbidden. It became known as a crime against the goddess.
Nasir: Even so, the taboo was broken several times over the next few decades. Usually no child was conceived, but when there was, it was swiftly covered up. The parents soon learned what it meant to bear a child who possessed both laguz and beorc blood. After they learned of the consequences, none of these parents ever rejected the edict forbidding it.
Gareth: The child was to be raised by the beorc parent, and raised as a beorc child. That should have been enough to hide everything, end of story.
Nasir: It was several generations later that the certain descendents began to manifest physical marks which indicated their ancestors’ sins. Fortunately, this mark looked very similar to the marks on those protected by spirits. They could pass as students of the dark arts for at least a few years. Unfortunately, the Branded lived much longer than beorc.
Gareth: Most Branded chose to hide, living outside of ordinary society, and they disappeared into the shadows of history. Rumors had already begun to spread across Begnion, however. The Branded were shunned and cast out wherever they lived. Where the laguz held power, they persecuted the Branded and executed them in honor killings.
Micaiah: That’s horrible!
Gareth: It was King Dheginsea’s opinion that these were crimes that he had to carry on his conscience. From the beginning, he realized that he and the others in power had made a mistake. They understood that they should have revealed everything about Altina and Lehran’s child. The people should have been told the truth. But since they’d kept the truth from everyone, the Branded were marked as unclean, persecuted wherever they traveled.
Nasir: Here is the family tree for Lehran and Altina’s bloodline. Only King Dheginsea knew the truth. Until now.
Kurthnaga: Father… You’ve had to endure this burden alone for so long.
Gareth: It was the same in Lady Almedha’s case. When she lost her powers after giving birth to the Mad King’s son, King Dheginsea had no choice but to hide the truth from everyone. So he chose to hide Almedha from everyone. Better to deny her existence than be forced to explain long-hidden secrets.
Nasir: In the process, he’d lost someone even more dear to him. Prince Rajaion. He deeply regretted his decision when he learned of the prince’s death. The only choice left for King Dheginsea was to remain stubbornly neutral in all wars on the continent. He hoped–in vain–to keep the goddess from waking up before the thousand years had elapsed.
Kurthnaga: I’m such a fool… I had no idea what Father went through. All I did was deny what he fought for.
Micaiah: Kurth…
Gareth: Your Majesty. You are the king now. You know that it is a sin to fight against the goddess, and yet you’ve chosen to move forward.
Nasir: King Dheginsea left everything to you. You must succeed. Do not be afraid of what lies beyond. Forge ahead.
Kurthnaga: I understand. I shall be true to my convictions. I have no more doubts.

That should do more or less all of it for the 2nd playthrough stuff.

Holy fuck this took a turn. Lehran/Altina was never meant to be I guess. It also is why Branded got so much shit too.

Probably the best material in the 2nd playthrough imo.

The Zunanma don't have too much said about them. They were the ancestors of Laguz and Beorc alike, although Begnion's Beorc racist elite claimed only Beorc were their descendants. Zunanma gradually evolved into Beorc and Laguz, and this differentiation, which the Goddess of Dawn gave names to, ending up resulting in conflict, which is what tore the one goddess into two with the Great Flood. Contradictory sources claim the Dawn Goddess did and didn't create the Zunanma, but she certainly didn't make the Laguz and Beorc.

Yeah, I might have gotten my hopes up there.

Actually, if you had supported them to an A, you would have gotten this:

Reveal hidden contents

Astrid (A support with Makalov)

Astrid disregarded opposition and married the worst idler in three countries, but never tamed him.

There were a select few other possible paired endings:

Geoffrey (A support with Elincia)

Geoffrey’s chivalrous nature and loyalty to Queen Elincia ensured that all of Crimea supported their marriage.

Leanne (A support with Naesala)

Leanne was united with Naesala, whom she had always loved. Together they raised a heron girl and a raven boy.

Lucia (A support with Bastian)

First among the ministers to support her queen, Lucia never married. However, her affair with Count Bastian continues.

Ranulf (A support with Ike)

After seeing Skrimir crowned as king, Ranulf set off on a journey, saying only, “There’s so much I haven’t seen.”

Soren (A support with Ike)

When peace had settled on the land, Soren packed lightly and set off with the only person he had ever trusted.

Sadly no RolfxMist, despite MistxBoyd being a choice.

I did get Soren/Ike and Boyd/Mist.

I do not regret not getting Makalov's.

Although thinking more positively about Makalov, consider this:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, it certainly is worse.

Well that should about do it. Though I'll add that Dheginsea's boss theme is actually a remix.

Yeah, that theme does play before and after that map. Kind of easy to tell, I thought you were suggesting it was a remix of the dragon temple track from Mystery.

Yeah, that about covers it. With that, I like Ike leave Tellius behind. I'm finally done with all but DD (Never again), MotE2 (Maybe I'll return to the prepromote run) and 3H (Soon.....)

Leo at 5th!?

You deserve my gratitude! 

I think I have never ever seen Boyd in the top five yet. 

Nephenee takes so much of a hit in hard mode, if she does not have transfer boosts. She is technically pointless. Same goes for Ilyana because she cannot double constantly in part 1.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, Lysithea said:

Leo at 5th!?

You deserve my gratitude! 

I think I have never ever seen Boyd in the top five yet. 

Nephenee takes so much of a hit in hard mode, if she does not have transfer boosts. She is technically pointless. Same goes for Ilyana because she cannot double constantly in part 1.

Leo got a lot of finishing blows, even if that didn't lead to him being as relevant that's how he got as far as he did. Lughnasadh then just made him nuts and got most of his later 1-rounding, hell he could double cats with it in the Izuka map (I appreciate that it's the one named after the festival for one of the biggest names in Irish Celtic myth (which was on the 1st of August)). I forgot how many kills he got, somehow I doubt he was quite near Ike. Edward and Nolan got more experience off of taking hits than he did, which makes sense with the numbers he got. (Edit: I forgot he also got the ledge in 3-10 and unlike Edward was more regular damage wise there.)

Boyd meanwhile was just always a good fighter and was thus getting kills throughout (he was fast enough to do plenty of doubling quickly enough),  Ilyana and Nephenee I could absolutely see needing those boosts, Nephenee for Strength and Ilyana for Speed and Magic in particular. Ilyana getting 2nd really surprised me, but she had her place throughout Part 1, 3 and 4 and capping most of her stats in 2nd and 3rd tier just accentuated for how reliably she could do damage. Both were plenty useful throughout, Nephenee meanwhile is probably one of my favourite Tellius units just as a result of her performance here and in Heroes and I just wish she got more time to characterise beyond the bits we got originally.

Despite me saying I had finished, I don't think I really give a review of sorts to this game. I'll fix that. After that a few more things and then I should finally be done, I should have sorted this out sooner but life and work happened (as in, work suddenly appeared.).

Spoiler

Simply, everything's on the up in my opinion (well, maybe not quite the story), to the point I'd rank it as imo one of the best titles in the series (I tried tiering. It's certainly not perfect, but I ended up putting RD second. SoV is the only game I think it a better experience overall. Again, I do think I need to fix it). For the gameplay, the confusing availability's a bitch, the outright questionable usage of some units is baffling at worst and some maps needed to be reconsidered (That desert map alone could have killed me.). But it's far more challenging than PoR and in (usually) more interesting ways. Despite some units being questionable you can't say that it's impossible to use them either thanks to tools the game provides, it's pretty clear on what things can do (though the tiles in the late game needed words as well as pictures, that lost me. As an aside the japanese version making certain skills purely RNG was unfair. Vantage was sadly not fixed internationally). It is also disappointing there's not even trial maps in this game, I'd love to go to town with this army honestly.

The presentation is better, no question the best pre-3DS. Visually it's aged but it was working off similar hardware to the GC and was out in 2007, this does not surprise me. The voice work is still bad, we need Greg Chun to voice these lines for a patch. I gave complaints about personally not being too impressed by the character portraits but I grew used to them except for Astrid (WHY?). Even the music's a step up, combat's really improved in particular (visually too, never forget how slow PoR was there). My issues with the music stem pretty much all with the music used as backdrop for the dialogue and cutscenes. There's still some poor tracks in this game and I don't think I'd rank it best of the pre-3DS era honestly as a result. The story's got a lot of messes but I think I forgot them frankly (seriously list them if you can), the characters are screwed by a terrible support system and the pure villains are a disappointment. They're not fun enough to be unquestionably great hate fodder and they're too simplistic to me for nuance to matter.

I think most every Fire Emblem has some issues personally. RD proves that true once more, even as it shoots for the stars. Can't hate it for its gumption though.

Two questions. First, did Sephiran lose his wings as a result of his having a kid with Altina? It seems to be the only reason he'd be wingless, right? Second, is there any way to find a list of the music and where it plays? Asking as I'd like to check.

There was a thought I had earlier on as well about this game: That it might have benefited from being split in two. Hear me out. Frankly the DB needed more time and 11 chapters was too short to get to know them, hell it's part of the reason I didn't bother using them in endgame. So in another game they could get something closer to 20 maps. The rest of the game would then be filled with the Crimea rebellion, which never got the right room to breathe either. This then allows all three armies to get time in the third game and the big merger could be handled with a force that doesn't have awkward late recruitments. On top of that this wouldn't have to prevent the addition of transfer data and there could be interactions as a result of both games and I would assume that it could be done within the eventual third title.

So, Tellius has been an experience. I sank probably 100 hours at least in the two, likely saw 100 deaths and maybe saw 100 100 level ups in it. I still don't get why Rezzy hates Sanaki, the full extent of issues with Michiah or why people would rank these villains highly at all unless they're laguz (How fucking rare that is)/branded (pretty much just Zelgius and it's all image and menace in PoR)/Shiharam/the true god/anyone else I forgot. But I do get that there's a lot to like about Tellius as a whole and I don't regret this log. Maybe someday I'll play again, but for now I think I've finally got what I think I needed out.

Edited by Dayni

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Two questions. First, did Sephiran lose his wings as a result of his having a kid with Altina? It seems to be the only reason he'd be wingless, right? Second, is there any way to find a list of the music and where it plays? Asking as I'd like to check.

1. He did not actually lose his wings.:

Spoiler

fe10-lehrans-despair.png

If you notice that wing hanging over the altar, that should be Lillia, the sister of Leanne and Reyson who was held captive by Ashnard before she died and passed Lehran's Medallion to Elena.

He likely lost the ability to fly when he and Altina had children, and he can't sing Galdrar or speak to the sleeping goddesses. He half-lied at the end of PoR when he said only Altina's descendant can sing the Galdrar of Release. After RD, it's much more logical that power came from being descended of Lehran, but he couldn't say that since nobody at that time knows Lehran and Altina had a child. But, since Altina bore Lehran's only child, he spoke truth at the same time.

-But given Sephiran handed Lillia to Ashnard with the Medallion, it is possible he didn't realize at that time that other Herons couldn't sing the Galdrar of Release? This sounds like a little sequel-original writing disconnect more to me, which are bound to spring up if you don't plan your sequels perfectly. 

So what happened to the wings then? If you recall the flashback before the above CG, assuming it wasn't 2nd playthrough only, the peasants tell Sephiran Misaha is dead and they're going to burn down Serenes Forest. At that point, with Sephiran in utter disbelief, suddenly falls ill and the peasants see wings come out, after which they physically beat him being he is a "guilty" heron. 

The easiest and possibly best answer is the simplest- magic. Sephiran has been alive for hundreds of years, and although never stated to be so, is as far I believe, the greatest practitioner of magic in all of Tellius. He used magic to hide the wings, which he can undo if he wants, or as in the above flashback can undo itself if he is under great stress.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Second, is there any way to find a list of the music and where it plays?

SF has all the music here, but it doesn't say where it plays. I can point out some of it however, not that much though:

Spoiler
  1. The Fire Emblem Main Theme- The opening of course.
  2. Part 1's first player phase map theme. When it ends, I'm not sure, but I think it ends with 1-3.
  3. Part 1's second player phase map theme.
  4. Another player phase map theme, but I don't remember where this one plays. Maybe 1-9 and 3-6?
  5. Bearer of Hope plays on two maps as their player phase map theme. 2-F and 3-13, I don't recall any others.
  6. Not quite sure, but I think it's used for 3-8 the lava caves? And maybe 1-4 the Laguz fight and the dark caves of 2-2?
  7. Part 2's map player phase theme, also used in 3-9.
  8. Eternal Bond, which SSBBrawl declared for no reason to be Ike's Theme, and it has been ever since. Well there is one reason- this is the Part 3 player phase map theme.
  9. Part 4-F's player phase map theme.
  10. Another map player phase theme, but I just can't remember where.
  11. Yet another player phase map theme, but I can't name its place again.
  12. Part 4's player phase map theme pre-Tower, for at least some of the maps.
  13. Part 4-F-5 player phase map theme. Plays as you engage Ashera too, no personal battle theme for her. No "ablaze" version either for her, this is before Awakening invented that.
  14. Part 1's first battle theme.
  15. Part 1's second battle theme, the transition to this is either 1-5 the save Tauroneo-Jill-Zihark map, or the following one.
  16. Part 2's battle theme.
  17. Part 3's battle theme.
  18. Part 4 pre-Tower battle theme.
  19. Part 4-F Tower battle theme.
  20. Part 1's first and only enemy phase map theme.
  21. Part 2's enemy phase map theme I think.
  22. Part 3's enemy phase map theme.
  23. Part 4's enemy phase map theme.
  24. Normal boss battle theme, used for Parts 1 and 2 I think.
  25. Stalking Menace, the boss battle theme shared by Jarod and Ludveck, the two lesser part-ending villains.
  26. Used normal boss battles later on I think, parts 3 and 4.
  27. The Strong, used during the Zelgius duel with Skrimir in 3-4. Maybe for the Ranulf vs. Zelgius scripted fight in the prior chapter. And maybe a boss theme later on? But I don't recall; Lekain perhaps?
  28. Wisdom of Ages, Dheginsea's personal battle theme. A remix of "Tranquility of Goldoa", so I like to think of it as the Goldoan National Anthem.
  29. Origin's End, Sephiran's personal battle theme. A remix of "Sephiran's Sorrows".
  30. Beauty is a Mad Mistress, the personal battle theme used by Duke Tanas, the full-bodied protector of all that is beautiful!
  31. Unstoppable Destiny *Eclipse procs* the Black Knight's personal battle theme.
  32. King of the Sky- Tibarn's personal battle theme. Very likely a remix of PoR's "Brave General, Brave King", which played whenever Tibarn took center stage.
  33. Wheeling Corby- Naesala's personal battle theme. Hard to tell, but it might be a radical remix of PoR's "On Black Wings", which played whenever Naesala was the star of the moment.
  34. March of the Lion King- I must punch you if you can't guess whose personal battle theme this is and what it is a remix of.
  35. +4 HP +3 Str +4 Mag +2 Skl +2 Spd +3 Def +4 Res The promotion theme!
  36. Used in the story when either something bad happens, or the heroes are launching a daring plan- like 1-8's beginning.
  37. Used for moments that aren't entirely relaxing, but not a major problem. 3-6's and 3-8's beginnings both use this.
  38. Used for some creepily quiet moments, like Zelgius freeing Sephiran, Lucia getting captured. But it might play elsewhere too.
  39. A more aggressive war theme, but not for major danger, used maybe during the start of 3-12?
  40. A serene track used for the more relaxed narrative moments. 
  41. Used also for quiet moments, like 3-5's beginning when Ike and Reyson talk I think.
  42. Something is up, likely not good.
  43. Used when Mist, Lethe, and Lyre drug the Begnion lookout during the start of 3-1.
  44. Used I know in Part 3's war room meeting during its earlier chapters. When Soren explains everything, others comment, and Skrimir does whatever.
  45. Not so sure of this one, but it must be for plot.
  46. Sorrowful Prince Pelleas, his character theme that is no way happy.
  47. The Mind of Izuka, you don't have to be a "genius" to figure out what narrative moments play this.
  48. Stalwarts Unite, Tellius's recruitment theme.
  49. Another plot track, but I recognize it, but I recall it being used plentifully. Particularly when viewing things in the enemy camp.
  50. Plot theme, don't recall when again. 
  51. Plot theme, I think Jarod used it at least a few times, but so too I think Begnion did.
  52. Goddess of Dawn- Some of the Sephiran flashbacks in the Tower IIRC.
  53. Used for the brief moment when Yune first explains when she initially wakes up that Beorc and Laguz made a pact not to war for a thousand years.
  54. Another serene plot theme, used in Part 4. Maybe flashbacks and not-Tower stuff alike?
  55. Used in Part 4, I know Lekain used this during his "we are the chosen ones!" speech to unseen masses before 4-P's battle.
  56. I forget when this plays. Maybe if you have Micaiah and Ike fight in 3-13?
  57. Ashera the Creator. The title should make it obvious, but I don't actually remember.
  58. Child of Chaos, Yune's introduction and I think it plays during her telling of the tale of the Goddess of Dawn.
  59. Micaiah's Dawn, plays during Micaiah-centric moments, but I can't recall which. I think her telling Sothe she can't see the future due to "fog" during 3-7 is one of them.
  60. Empress Sanaki, notice it isn't "Apostle". Her theme.
  61. Zelgius the Brave. Zelgius's character theme.
  62. Oliver's Fall, Duke Tanas's character theme remixed from its PoR original. Plays just before the battle starts in 4-4 to reintroduce him, and for his recruitment.
  63. Queen Elincia, brought back from PoR, her character theme.
  64. Caineghis, King of Lions. And also Tigers and Cats. Another character theme.
  65. Skrimir's Pride. MOAR CHARACTER THEMES!
  66. Tranquility of Goldoa, plays around Kurthnaga and while briefly in Goldoa, it did appear in PoR too for Kurthnaga's short appearance there.
  67. The Black Knight Lives. According to Japan, it was a warp powder malfunction that saved him from a collapsing castle Ike-inflicted injury. Nintendo of America says the BK was just holding back once he found out Greil had crippled himself, and he wanted Ike to live so he could fight full-power Greil through him.
  68. Sephiran's Sorrow, plays during some of the Tower flashbacks. The character theme of a broken man given to his despair.
  69. Another plot theme? Why place it after so many character themes?
  70. Rafiel's Aria, plays during his introduction.
  71. Repose of Souls, the requiem Reyson plays for all the dead feral Laguz after 4-5.
  72. Another Heron related-theme?
  73. Plays during the narrator-and-world map scenes.
  74. Plays during the narrator-and-world map scenes in more dire straits.
  75. Plays during the narrator-and-world map scenes in semi-dire times, like 3-7 I think.
  76. The first Base theme.
  77. The second Base theme, plays starting with 3-F, and then all of Part 4.
  78. The Preparations theme.
  79. The Preparations theme for the more important moments, like 1-F and 2-F.
  80. Character death?
  81. Game Over?
  82. Another Game Over?
  83. Anna's Tutorials!
  84. The Epilogue theme.
  85. The Credits theme.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

There was a thought I had earlier on as well about this game: That it might have benefited from being split in two. Hear me out. Frankly the DB needed more time and 11 chapters was too short to get to know them, hell it's part of the reason I didn't bother using them in endgame. So in another game they could get something closer to 20 maps. The rest of the game would then be filled with the Crimea rebellion, which never got the right room to breathe either. This then allows all three armies to get time in the third game and the big merger could be handled with a force that doesn't have awkward late recruitments. On top of that this wouldn't have to prevent the addition of transfer data and there could be interactions as a result of both games and I would assume that it could be done within the eventual third title.

The DB needing more time is a pretty universal sentiment. And I'd more or less do the same as you in an ideal remaking of RD. Although I'd prefer giving Micaiah a full game and using modern downloadability of game content and make Elincia's short rebellion its own thing only buyable digitally. Not a full-length game, but more than what it currently has. Tellius 2.5, as opposed to Tellius 3, which would be just the Begnion war and the goddesses.

Ike dislikers would rather drop him entirely or at very best make him a lategame recruit. But I'm not one of those people, I'm neutral on Ike. Though I acknowledge the issue he has in the Tower of "stealing" from Micaiah.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I still don't get why Rezzy hates Sanaki, the full extent of issues with Michiah

On Sanaki, her character I think we can agree can be summarized as "empress and a child". She is the highly revered leader of the most powerful country on the continent by a huge margin, but she is only a kid of 13.

These two aspects of her each have their downfalls and their advantages as I see it. Sanaki in PoR when she apologizes to the Herons is when both sides work advantageously. Because she is a naive child, her innocence leads to bow to Reyson and Leanne, which Sigrun explicitly at that moment considers inappropriate for the Apostle. But any child bowing to the Herons would not mean much. Only as Empress, can Sanaki be able to effectively apologize on behalf of an entire nation.

The downsides are arrogance from the Empress. She is in theory and practice the most politically powerful person on the continent, why not do as she wishes? And from the child, childishness, selfish brattiness. Sanaki is childish when she is found in PoR and after seeing others confused as to who this girl is, suddenly and dramatically announces she is the Apostle. Her imperial arrogance comes from the "game of politics" Ike gets outraged at in the beginning of the following chapter. Rezzy sees just the brattiness and not the rest of Sanaki's character I think, and that is why she dislikes her. FEH from what I'm aware tends to only show Sanaki's bad side too.

Where the Empress and where the Child is in Sanaki's words and actions isn't always clear cut. You can't tease out what isn't and what is one or the other all the time, the two aspects can blur.

As for Micaiah, you didn't see when she burned down the orphanage and ate the fleeing children? Speaking seriously, it's what she does of questionable morality in Part 3 and allowing Izuka around in Part 1 that make people dislike her I think. Not that I agree with it.

There are also the issues of special powers and the "true Apostle" revelation possibly making up too much of her character. And Ike and Yune "stealing" the show in Parts 3 and 4. But I don't see how these would make someone hate her. They're perfectly fine criticisms I can see that, yet nothing I'd kill her over.

I couldn't edit this into the post, so a final expansion on making RD into two games:

This allows as well for better setup with Begnion as villains in this hypothetical split. They get to come into their role as manipulators more in this case, with it being less forced as a result and there's also the fact that any sentiment other than the Senate's barely exists in RD. This could really be fleshed out in a hypothetical RD remake. Also, @Interdimensional Observer, the reason I think Crimea could be on the same game is that I don't think it's so far fetched that both could be on the one disc (Crimea could get a couple more maps, 2 or three at most and Part 1 I think would need a big stretch to make a full campaign) and Nintendo were barely in the online content pool in 2007. Hell as part of this we could get as its epilogue Ike's forces saving Lucia and the fight around that.