You know this song really fits Severa

Ottservia

If y'all know anything about me is that I love Severa(probably more than I reasonably should) I feel this video along with the song itself does a good job of explaining why. This song("Rolling Girl" by Wowaka) at its core is about a girl who constantly fails to achieve her goals and as a result falls into depression and eventually commits suicide. Which fits Severa’s character almost perfectly as she is a character that constantly fails to live up to the expectations set on her by others which creates an inferiority complex. Combine that with all the trauma she’s had to live through and it's no wonder She acts the way she does. I mean that's just a recipe for depression just waiting to happen. And as much as she tries to cover it up by acting cold and arrogant those aren’t her true feelings which she’s afraid to truly express because of perceived weakness or fear of pain. Due to all this all she thinks she can really do is keep silently rolling along and bear that pain alone. I sympathize with her and that's why I like her a lot. Now I'd much prefer the pairing in this video to be RobinxCordelia cause that makes more sense to me personally on thematic level but hey I still liked it.

Edited by Otts486

I like how at the end, it showed Lucina grabbing Severa and holding her close, almost as if being the pillar of strength that Severa needed to keep on living. Which is very sweet and Severa does see Lucina almost as the best leader ever and cares deeply for her, even if at times Severa thinks that Lucina makes her feel even more inferior because of how Lucina seems so flawless like Cordelia as well.

And based on what I saw, the father is Lon'qu, which I'm okay with, but for a second, I thought it might have been Robin, cause I thought that she was having Grima in her for a while. 

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I like how at the end, it showed Lucina grabbing Severa and holding her close, almost as if being the pillar of strength that Severa needed to keep on living. Which is very sweet and Severa does see Lucina almost as the best leader ever and cares deeply for her, even if at times Severa thinks that Lucina makes her feel even more inferior because of how Lucina seems so flawless like Cordelia as well.

you know what's funny(actually more like sad) is that in the original version of this music video Miku is in place of Severa and a random boy is in place of Lucina. Now while it is a bit vague as to who or what the boy could represent it is widely interpreted that the boy is a representation of the girl's depression who is the one saying "you are probably tired of this now, so let's go" which is then followed by the line "Stop breathing, now" and well yeah you get the idea. Makes this video in particular take on a whole new meaning when you think about it that way.

Edited by Otts486

9 hours ago, Otts486 said:

This song("Rolling Girl" by Wowaka) at its core is about a girl who constantly fails to achieve her goals and as a result falls into depression and eventually commits suicide.

Just to clarify for anyone not terribly familiar with VOCALOID, as far as I can tell Wowaka actually didn't officially state the meaning behind this and other songs of his, and the lyrics are intentionally vague so as to be open to interpretation by anyone. The suicidal girl interpretation is simply one of the more common interpretations used because that's the message often seen by listeners, though I would argue the Project Diva PMV could be seen as painting a slightly different ending. In addition, some of Wowaka's other songs created at a similar time, such as Unhappy Refrain, Ura-Omote Lovers(Two-Sided Lovers), or Worlds-End Dancehall, also seem to have a frustrated or tired feel to them and feature similarly vague yet ominous lyrics. This, combined with the fact that Wowaka created these songs around his retirement and the generally accepted interpretation of Unhappy Refrain, that he was sick of producing VOCALOID music due to never being credited for his work, has contributed to the abovementioned songs generally being interpreted in the darkest possible way.

This being said, I need to watch this when I can actually get YouTube to work because my inner sadist never skips a chance to see Severa in pain.

43 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Just to clarify for anyone not terribly familiar with VOCALOID, as far as I can tell Wowaka actually didn't officially state the meaning behind this and other songs of his, and the lyrics are intentionally vague so as to be open to interpretation by anyone. The suicidal girl interpretation is simply one of the more common interpretations used because that's the message often seen by listeners, though I would argue the Project Diva PMV could be seen as painting a slightly different ending. In addition, some of Wowaka's other songs created at a similar time, such as Unhappy Refrain, Ura-Omote Lovers(Two-Sided Lovers), or Worlds-End Dancehall, also seem to have a frustrated or tired feel to them and feature similarly vague yet ominous lyrics. This, combined with the fact that Wowaka created these songs around his retirement and the generally accepted interpretation of Unhappy Refrain, that he was sick of producing VOCALOID music due to never being credited for his work, has contributed to the abovementioned songs generally being interpreted in the darkest possible way.

This being said, I need to watch this when I can actually get YouTube to work because my inner sadist never skips a chance to see Severa in pain.

well maybe I shouldn't have been so specific but generally it is a song about depression and anxiety though to what extent I feel is up to interpretation 

14 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

well maybe I shouldn't have been so specific but generally it is a song about depression and anxiety though to what extent I feel is up to interpretation 

Nah, you're fine, anyone familiar with VOCALOID songs in general would catch what you meant, it's just the people who wouldn't know that Wowaka in particular often leaves his songs up to interpretation that I figured I'd inform. It's a fair interpretation - the guy's P name is 'escape from reality-P' after all, I just thought I'd clarify is all.