What's the coldest/warmest weather you've endured?

It's wintertime here, and a small cold snap already on the way inspired me to make this. The C means Celsius and I've included a Fahrenheit conversion for those who don't live in Canada.

For me, the coldest weather I've ever been exposed to was around -50 C (-58 F) on a windless day. Sure was fun walking to school in that- by the time I was indoors again, some of my hair was frozen, but I made it through with no lasting damage. I'd say that's my upper limit, but thankfully cold that severe is pretty rare where I live. Anything below around -25 C (-13 F) isn't common, which is convenient, because it's around that temperature that I generally avoid going outside whenever possible.

As for the warmest, I braved a couple of 40+ C (104 F) days a few summers ago, which was significantly less bearable than the extreme cold because being outside for longer than a minute left me covered in sweat and wanting an ice bath. After that fun fest, I don't like going outside in anything warmer than 30 C (86 F), especially not when there's so much smoke from forest fires that I literally can't see the sun in the sky and I get a headache if I leave any windows open.

So what about you? What's the coldest and/or warmest weather you can stand?

4 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I've lived in both Florida and Minnesota. I've seen the worst of the worst on both ends of the spectrum. Aggressive windchill, terrible humidity, blizzards, hurricanes, you name it I've seen it.

I've lived in just Minnesota.

Which is enough for me to say I've experienced about -40F weather and 105-110F weather.

I was in high school during the -40F day, and it's the only time in my life I can recall school being cancelled because it was so dangerously cold out.

Edited by Slumber

I live in Estonia. The coldest has been -28 C (that happened too often that year, thankfully you'd be lucky enough to get at most 2 days of that kind of cold nowadays). That was around 7ish years ago when I was still in middle school.

The hottest might have been this Summer's heat wave like 35 C or something. 1 month long it was 30ish

Edited by silveraura25

I was about to complain about when I went to Ireland and how cold it was there, but you've been through worse.

For heat, I live in the southern states and humidity makes the heat way worse. Back in 2017 we were getting temperatures that felt like 110's, and it was so bad my dark blond hair got sun bleached to a bright blonde you could only get if you died it.

Let's see here, the coldest temperature I've experience was close to 0C (32F for the few ones that are used to that), that one time I went camping in the mountains. It doesn't get that cold where I live, though I think it has reached those points, usually the coldest it get here it's usually around 6C to 8C (42.8F to 46.4F). Though for me I can't stand it when it's already in the high 10'sC (low 60'sF). Thankfully those temperatures are only during the middle of the night, so I'm in bed asleep with a heavy blanket.

As for heat... WELL, here where I live during Summer it's very common temperatures in the high 40'sC (high 110'sF) everyday. At least once per Summer we do reach 50C (122F), sometimes even above that. Heat sensation is even higher. As for tolerating that... well, so long I'm not in an enclosed space, even as high as 45C (113F) I can stand just fine. Just, in the shadow to avoid the risk of skin cancer or something like that.

lord knows how hot it was when I was outside in the las vegas summer during a vacation back in 2000

I know it was painfully hot and for sure over 100F/38C, but idk how much higher than that it was. I could definitely believe if it was at or over 110F/43C, at least

as for the cold, I don't actually know! I haven't really paid the most attention because as soon as it reaches, like, 50F/10C everything else below becomes "unbearably cold" for me (I have a pretty low cold tolerance compared to other people that live in the midwest united states, considering the winter regularly brings it below 0)

but I'd say probably somewhere around -25F/-32C or below is the lowest I've experienced before

Edited by Freohr Datia

I live in California, which is pretty warm year-round. The hottest I've had was 110F (43C) while the coldest I've experience has been no less than 30F (-1C). I know the heat but I certainly don't know the cold.

In Central Europe I don't have to deal with blizzards and hurricans, but 2018 was extreme. There was a drought period with one entire month without rain and temperatures >30°C at midday and tropical nights. The agriculture had to suffer extremly. Tons of farmers are threatened in their existence.

Also snow more or less vanished. In the christmas time the temperatures often have been in the two digit area. The coldest months seem to be January and February with temperatures about zero. Bittercold days have been passed.

The coldest I’ve experienced was −52°C (about −61°F), but that was quite the anomaly even for this place.
The hottest I’ve experienced was just above +44°C (about +112°F), and that was indeed an outlier as well.

South-Central Siberia is a land of contrasts.