D-Did Silas cheat on his wife with Camilla/Elise?

Lynn

I mean...

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Fates_Supports/Silas_Elise

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Fates_Supports/Silas_Camilla

Don't get me wrong, I really like Silas. He's a very good unit, a bro, has one of the best daughter. I enjoy having him in my main roster because I really like him. He seems like an earnest guy who'd reach out to help everyone and based on Corrin support with him, he risked his life just to show Corrin the outside world.

But his support with Elise and Camilla greatly soured my opinion on him. I don't know if I'm reading too much into it and is butthurt because I paired him with my favorite character in Fates. I paired him with Hinoka, with whom I think Silas has a really good support with. So they got married, have a kid together, then in Silas' A support with Camilla he basically flat out saying 'I used to love you and I still do' despite having a family. This really bothers me.

Spoiler

Silas: Camilla, you must understand. I am also extremely close with Avatar. And I know how much he/she cares about you and appreciates your words of love. I do, however, know of another person desperate to hear those words from you...

Camilla: Oh? I can't imagine who.

Silas: This person truly desires your love and admiration.

Camilla: Well, who could it be? Leo? Elise? You don't mean... Xander?

Silas: No, none of them. Camilla...I speak of myself.

And I believe that he's speaking in present tense, if I'm not mistaken.

When I had my playthrough with female Corrin in Conquest, I paired her with Silas too just because they seem fitting together and I love Sophie, not to mention that he appears really early on and I needed the boost. Now I regret it.

At least in Camilla's case it was in the past. But her S Support with Ryoma makes no sense too. They were trying to find common ground and decided that hey we both love Corrin to the core, let's get married. I never liked any of Camilla's support other than hers with Niles even though I do like her. To be fair I don't hate any characters, I value them all the same, but still.

Also, the whole Elise support (and a bit of Camilla's) left me wonder if Silas was just using Corrin to get to his/her sisters... His true intention of joining the knights may have been for the Nohr princesses, not for Corrin at all, and he was just bluffing it to get into his/her's favor.

That would totally change my opinion on him 180 degree and he'll be the first character that I dislike. But I don't want that to happen so I'm trying to find a way to save Silas' character, which, to be frank, I failed to see. :( Or maybe Im just mad at him that everything he says or does seem wrong to me.

I would like to hear your opinion if you wouldn't mind sharing! Also, if my above points come off as bashing Silas, I truly do apologize. I have no intention of doing so. In fact, I would want to save Silas' character and want to like him again ;-;

Thank you for your inputs!

Edited by Lynn

That odd interaction between Silas and Camilla is an another unfortunate change made by Treehouse. In the original A support, Silas doesn't say that he is in love with Camilla, only that he was jealous that Corrin had siblings that cared for him. It ends with Camilla doting on him and asking that he call her Big Sister. It does leave things open for developing a future relationship, but there's nothing as cut and dry as Treehouse's version. 

Spoiler

Silas (Posed): Lady Camilla, I've told them
so that it sticks with them.
Silas: I played some music in the
background while I said it.
Camilla (Smiling): Thank you. What was their reaction?
Silas (Posed, Sweat): They enjoyed the music but...
Unfortunately the reaction didn't change.
Silas: You really shouldn't worry about this.
Camilla (Pain): Is that so...
Silas (Smiling): You shouldn't.
Silas: …………
Silas (Pain): Anyway, Lady Camilla... There's someone
else that needs your words more...
Camilla (Angry): Eh?
Silas (Angry): There's someone else that wants
those words filled with such love.
Camilla (Standard): Who is it? Leon? Elise?
Camilla (Standard, Sweat): Could it be... Marx?
Silas (Angry, Sweat): No.
Silas: To cut to the chase... that person...
Silas: Is me...
Camilla (Pain): Huh?
Silas (Pain): I wasn't raised with any siblings.
Silas (Standard): So I was... jealous of your
relationship with $Nu.
Camilla (Standard): Cyrus...
Silas (Pain): Sorry... For saying something so
strange. I don't have any right to say it.
Camilla (Pain): N-no. It's fine.
Camilla: I didn't think you felt that
way, I didn't realize at all...
Camilla: I should be the one apologizing.
Silas (Standard, Sweat): No...
Camilla (Standard): ...But how do I pay you back,
you've done so much for me...
Camilla: If I could, I would like
to return the favor.
Silas (Pain): No... please forget about what I said.
W-well then, please excuse me.
Camilla (Angry): Cyrus.
Silas (Angry): Huh?
Camilla (Smiling): You are the cutest. I love you...
Silas (Standard, Sweat): !!! Lady Camilla...
Camilla (Posed): No. Call me big sis Camilla. Try it.
Silas (Standard): …………
Silas: Big sis......Camilla...
Camilla (Smiling): Hehehe. Good boy.
Camilla: Just this once... I'm your older
sister from when you were younger.
Silas (Smiling): ...!!
Thank you very much. Lady Camilla.

Some have speculated that Treehouse was uncomfortable with Camilla's obsession with Corrin so they tried to soften it by having her be in love with someone else. Whether that's true or not I can't say, but it does make the A support rather odd.

Edited by AgahnimD

In this scenario, think it's open to interpretation. The game's mechanics just allow one marriage by person but it don't  work like that it'll  obviously. I Iike to think he didn't cheat on, at least it's not something I can't see Camilla doing considering her background with the concubines war and her obsession with Corrin. 

Silas always buged me. He seemed like a guy that approached Corrin just to get into to his/her sisters pants. I dont mean that he wasn't a good friend but the friendship never seemed that selfless as he make to be. 

This is probably the unfortunate end result of every support chain being designed to end in a romance. Silas is saying these things because the writers knew that the two would have to fall in love in the S rank support. This then becomes very problematic when the character in question has already reached an S support with another characters but that this isn't taken into account in the other supports. 

Silas and Camilla's conversation in their A support would be less weird if it used the past tense. That way, they would confess their past feelings to each other, without Silas's sounding as still interested in her. Particularly, in the sentence  "I do, however, know of another person desperate to hear those words from you.", he could have simply said "I do, however, know of another person who was desperate to hear those words from you [long time ago.]" and prevent 'interference' with his supports with other women.

I do not see any flirting from Silas to Elise in their C-A supports. It is all awkward, but not flirtatious.

Elise: No, and you'd have to really read far into it to see otherwise.

Camilla: What did they do to Camilla in the B-C support?  WHY?!  Gah. . .right. . .topic. . .wow, this is complicated.  If they're both single, then it opens the way for them to rekindle that spark.  If either is married, then it becomes an awkward "well I had a crush on you, and then stuff happened" moment.  It's pretty ballsy for a support, since it's not something you'd casually drop.  From my PoV, it shows that they're comfortable enough around each other to admit it.  Whether this turns into an affair depends on the integrity of the two in question (given those two, my guess is that it ends with that conversation).  Never thought an A support would redeem an entire chain.

Odin: There's something I still don't get. Am I really THAT weird? This world's full of crazies! Look at Jakob. He has split-personality disorder. The minute Lord/Lady Avatar shows up, he's a celestial being with a heart of gold. With everyone else, he's a jerk. Silas? He's OK, but he's into some strange stuff. Or Arthur? He must have done something terrible to the gods to have such bad luck! All of the ladies are sick and tired of being hit on by Laslow! You know it's true! And Niles?! Seriously?! Is anyone shadier than that character? Why single me out?

I tried to like Silas, but his relationship with Corrin and the Nohrian royal family creep me out. I still don't fully understand how Corrin completely forgot about Silas.

20 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

I tried to like Silas, but his relationship with Corrin and the Nohrian royal family creep me out. I still don't fully understand how Corrin completely forgot about Silas.

Same. He seemed nice at first even if the backstory was weird. But after his C-support with Azura i dropped him faster than hot coal. I know different strokes for every person and all that, but i never read a support before that made me feel so mad with someone, he looked like he was either a digusting person or a completely delirious one and i had no desire to find out wich.

• 2 weeks later...

Silas has a few odd ones, depending on when you unlock them. The support convo where Silas gives Mozu the “don’t quit!” Pep talk and Mozu wishes to be a great fighter like him was for me the most unintentionally hilarious moment in fates (unlocked it with Silas as an unpromoted cavalier at his drop-off point about to get benched. And Mozu as team VIP dreadfighter, outperforming Camilla and Xander. Awkward.)

Edited by Shoblongoo