Did anyone got Selena's personal skill to work?

Jingle Jangle

I do not use Selena, but I think that pairing her with someone wielding the Umbrella or Peri's Lance might increase your chances of activating her personal skill. Those two weapons have low might, 1-2 range and a +10 % Critical Hit bonus, and its low D-rank requirement means that both can be used early in the game. Their greatest con is that they are random gifts.
In my experience, the only crits that Silas or Effie land early in the game are thanks to these weapons.

Later in the game, you could pair her with a Berserker, Sorcerer or Sniper, but it is highly unlikely that the enemy can survive the first hit (you would have to plan the crits, like targetting the enemy's highest defensive stat or against a full bar.) It is very circumstantial, and it is not that the skill produces a special, unique animation anyway.

Edited by starburst

Personally I forgot it even existed until I started trying to get Selena to marry Subaki and got the ability to activate without meaning to. It's probably one of the most situational skills in Fates, but it's still fun to see an enemy on 1 HP get absolutely obliterated. If you wanna pair Selena up with someone who has a Killer Weapon (or an umbrella, which has a +10% crit chance for whatever reason) and try to pull off the ability, go ahead.

Edited by RisingSynth

There would be three situations I can think of where it'd be useful:

• The arena - if you send in a unit with a high level but low attack stats with the primary weapon (e.g. Kagero as a level 5 Onmoyoji), the burden of finishing the enemy might fall upon the partner.  Let's say you had Ophelia as a level 10 master of arms and Selena as a level 12 bow knight wielding bows, and you're up against a general.  Ophelia will very likely be doing no damage at all to the general, while Selena might do 3-5 damage per strike.  However, Ophelia typically has decent skill and could probably proc a crit - that would do nothing for Ophelia's damage, but it'd be a boon for Selena to have that guaranteed crit.
  • Using hidden weapons - knives and shurikens are really, really weak weapons, and the classes that use them don't typically have very high strength.  Specifically, I could see it happening a lot with master ninjas - particularly Kaze and Saizo - because they'll have exceptionally high skill.  Just give any ninja a barb shuriken (the hidden weapon's equivalent of a killer weapon) and Selena will almost certainly get her chance to shine.
  • Fighting a high-defense/resistance unit - sort of ties in with what I was talking about in the first point, except this could happen outside the arena as well.  Maybe when fighting Anankos, you could have Selena strike him with a super beefy bow, then have Corrin come in with a killer weapon to proc a crit, which will then enable Selena to also crit, finishing this ridiculously buffed up boss in one fell swoop.

If it sounds like it's extremely situational... well, it kind of is, honestly.  I'd only see it happening with certain pairs depending on the situation, and I feel like I'd be making them a liability if I try to set things up so that Selena could pull off her little skill.

Also, I'd like the point out the irony in giving this kind of skill to a unit whose class is known for its high skill stat.  And it still won't proc if she's wielding a non-crit weapon such as a bronze sword.